Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you a feminist?

Do you believe in women's rights? Do you believe that women are equal to men? Do you believe that women should be able to make their own personal and professional decisions? If yes, then you are a feminist but if you don't then you are a misogynist.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It depends on the location I am in.

In the West, there is equality for the most part. In the Eastern countries especially, Feminism is needed. The strangle hold that men have over women is deplorable. But it is slowly changing even though the old patriarchy is fighting hard.

Any job that requires mental abilities is an equal level field for both men and women. Of course men are more suited for jobs that require a lot of muscle strength.

Women should be able to absolutely make their own personal decisions. They are not mere mere baby popping and cooking/cleaning machines.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yes. Everyone should be.

At the basic level itís just wanting equal right for both genders

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Feminism has caused the collapse of the institution of marriage, destabilized the family and society as we know it.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My response is yes to all your questions, but I dont consider myself a feminist. Feminists of today are mostly just SJW, with single purpose to post negative about men. Any criticism towards women is considered misogynistic by them. There is no space for retrospect, and they consider themselves the "best" and "all knowing". Of course not all feminists are like that, but the majority I have interacted with, I got that similar vibe. I believe we are all equal, and in some cases women are even stronger (child birth), but I would be offended if someone called me a feminist.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I donít do selfless service anymore (except for my baby and my parents) and i am taking care of myself more now both in professional and personal life.

Donít allow men to run over you. Give more respect to yourself. If that makes me a feminist, then i am one.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    Do you believe in women's rights? Do you believe that women are equal to men? Do you believe that women should be able to make their own personal and professional decisions? If yes, then you are a feminist but if you don't then you are a misogynist.
    You clearly have no idea what a feminist is. Can you explain what a feminist is before we move on to lack of rights for Muslim women , which was the main purpose of your thread?

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like some people got hurt by this thread. A feminist is someone who believes that women are equal to men. Nothing less and nothing more

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i believe in the feminism of equality of opportunity, not in the feminism of equality of outcomes.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    Looks like some people got hurt by this thread. A feminist is someone who believes that women are equal to men. Nothing less and nothing more
    Equal how? Unless you are blind, men are physically stronger than women(in general).

So they are not equal.

End of thread kid.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasnít talking about physical strength but about rights. Women rights are joke in a lot of countries around the world and think that women are weaker than men

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feminism as in equal rights for all women? Yes

Feminism as in blaming men for ímanspreadingí, ímansplainingí and calling for safe spots? Absolutely not.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Equal how? Unless you are blind, men are physically stronger than women(in general).

So they are not equal.

End of thread kid.
    Problem is that men impose their worldly view on women and stop them from pursuing career and sports.

Men clearly have an advantage when it comes to physical sports. But anything that has to do with brain, they are equal. Patriarchal society stops women from pursuing their dreams.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as an aside i am very against identity politics, i do not want to primarily recognise another human being through what gender they happen to be.

there is a great quote, that tyranny is the forced removal of nuance. we live in a world with billions of different people, yet we want to put everyone in low res boxes and then put those boxes in safe spaces.

sorry if this sounds like a rant, but i wish we could live in a world where everyone was treated on their individual merits, rather than enforced standards of behaviour because we have lost the ability to respect and appreciate differences.

Quote Originally Posted by kaayal View Post
    I don’t do selfless service anymore (except for my baby and my parents) and i am taking care of myself more now both in professional and personal life.

Don’t allow men to run over you. Give more respect to yourself. If that makes me a feminist, then i am one.
    would it not be more correct to say don't allow anyone to run over you. women suffer a lot of abuse at the hands of other women, mental primarily, whether eastern society and behavioural expectations, or western society and physical judgements.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I support women rights however I don't support modern feminism. Why? It is because modern feminism has been hijacked by radical left.

I am a registered liberal but I condemn modern feminism and radical left.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan definitely needs feminism. Obviously not the snobby rich upper class women. But the poor women in rural areas(Which comprises a majority of the country.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don’t believe men and women are equal. I think women are far better than men in most aspects of life.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    I don’t believe men and women are equal. I think women are far better than men in most aspects of life.
    better in manipulation and gossiping? jk

i think women are better in practical life. they are better in studies and academics. they are more focused and are good at multi-tasking.

Besides that, dont really see how women are better,

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Yonge-Dundas
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1053 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes. I hate people who discriminate against women. They're the worst scums.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sindhiboy View Post
    better in manipulation and gossiping? jk

i think women are better in practical life. they are better in studies and academics. they are more focused and are good at multi-tasking.

Besides that, dont really see how women are better,
    I think men can also be fairly self sufficient in manipulation and gossiping and the fact that this specific trait is ascribed to women in our society is indicative of how much men can manipulate the societal opinions and mentality.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do support the cause of first and second wave of feminism.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    I do support the cause of first and second wave of feminism.
    Same here. I respect original feminists. Not modern radical feminists.

There needs to be a limit in everything. Modern feminism is just way too radical.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I support feminism. Especially the first couple waves or so. There's a big difference between a feminist and a femcel.

Femcels are just female incels who hate men and of course it's just a perversion of feminism.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I think feminism works well if you don't have any children. My wife gave up full time work after having her first child, and altogether after having her second. Luckily we were in a position to afford it, must be hard if you can't.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    911 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    Feminism has caused the collapse of the institution of marriage, destabilized the family and society as we know it.
    I think feckless men running from their responsibilities as fathers caused the collapse of the family unit.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I think feckless men running from their responsibilities as fathers caused the collapse of the family unit.
    Those men are responsible too, but if women had held onto their traditional roles which was meant for them, they could save the family from disintegration. Feminism has made then mean and selfish.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElRaja View Post
    as an aside i am very against identity politics, i do not want to primarily recognise another human being through what gender they happen to be.

there is a great quote, that tyranny is the forced removal of nuance. we live in a world with billions of different people, yet we want to put everyone in low res boxes and then put those boxes in safe spaces.

sorry if this sounds like a rant, but i wish we could live in a world where everyone was treated on their individual merits, rather than enforced standards of behaviour because we have lost the ability to respect and appreciate differences.

would it not be more correct to say don't allow anyone to run over you. women suffer a lot of abuse at the hands of other women, mental primarily, whether eastern society and behavioural expectations, or western society and physical judgements.
    True. Nobody should be allowed to run over you. But I mentioned men here because of this topic of feminism.

When it comes to mental torture nothing comes close to those evil ladies. They don’t have any love or empathy left for other woman. My medical professors in gynaecology department are the living examples for such people. Same can be seen in certain houses too. Just because they suffered when they were young, they want their daughter- in-law to suffer too. They gets this sadistic pleasure from seeing these girls sufferings and are jealous to the core too

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feminism,Hell Iam shy to talk with girls in my college and to my cousins as well,Except aunties.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I find it funny when people think feminism is about equality. It isnít. Feminism, especially modern feminism is about hating men and making men feel bad about being ... men. These feminists under the disguise of equality chat rubbish and try to demean men at any given opportunity. Any man who calls himself a feminist is a self hating loser, which I am not, so I am not a feminist.

Having said that, I support the rights of women. I believe that men and women should equal rights, but my word for that isnít feminism.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    911 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    Those men are responsible too, but if women had held onto their traditional roles which was meant for them, they could save the family from disintegration. Feminism has made then mean and selfish.
    Meant, indeed? Your traditional roles were forced on women by thousands of years of patriarchy. Now they are mostly free from that coercive control. That’s the trouble with freedom - sometimes people use it to do things you don’t like.

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel traditional gender roles may be better for women in the long run. But each one to their own, it's a free world.

I read a recent study that said the women lose 90% of their eggs by the age of 30 and their chances of bearing children only gets worse/negligible by the time they reach 35. Using this statistic, the ideal age for any woman who is serious about having a family, to get married is by 25-26. A lot of modern feminists strongly discourage women from being family oriented at that age (or at any age) and instead encourage them focus on their getting a high status job. It's no secret that as you age, the importance of having a family by your side only gets higher.

Biologically, women have a limited time frame to make that choice as compared to men.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Ball View Post
    I feel traditional gender roles may be better for women in the long run. But each one to their own, it's a free world.

I read a recent study that said the women lose 90% of their eggs by the age of 30 and their chances of bearing children only gets worse/negligible by the time they reach 35. Using this statistic, the ideal age for any woman who is serious about having a family, to get married is by 25-26. A lot of modern feminists strongly discourage women from being family oriented at that age (or at any age) and instead encourage them focus on their getting a high status job. It's no secret that as you age, the importance of having a family by your side only gets higher.

Biologically, women have a limited time frame to make that choice as compared to men.
    This is why feminism works best for women who don't want a family. There are some couples where the man becomes a house husband and stays at home and plays mummy, but usually women make better mothers. I still get the feeling that when women are working while the husband stays at home is probably having an affair with someone at work anyway.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think men can also be fairly self sufficient in manipulation and gossiping and the fact that this specific trait is ascribed to women in our society is indicative of how much men can manipulate the societal opinions and mentality.
    This trait is ascribed to women in every society in the world becuase it is true. I have many sisters and have interacted with alot of women in general. Not been in a relationship through. The two traits are found in most women
    I also find that women are more ruthless and selfish than men. They can go from being nice to malicious really quickly

Obviously not every woman is like this, but women are not the sweet angels many men think.
    Last edited by sindhiboy; 13th February 2020 at 19:23.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    This trait is ascribed to women in every society in the world becuase it is true. I have many sisters and have interacted with alot of women in general. Not been in a relationship through. The two traits are found in most women
    I also find that women are more ruthless and selfish than men. They can go from being nice to malicious really quickly

Obviously not every woman is like this, but women are not the sweet angels many men think.
    Ouch. You speak the truth, but donít let any feminist hear you. Modern feminists believe that women are innocent angels, while men are pure evil.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sorry to tell you this but all these traits are also fairly abundant in men. In fact, men have far more blood on their hands when it comes to ruthlessness and selfishness.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_KING View Post
    Ouch. You speak the truth, but don’t let any feminist hear you. Modern feminists believe that women are innocent angels, while men are pure evil.
    Straw man 101.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to tell you this but all these traits are also fairly abundant in men. In fact, men have far more blood on their hands when it comes to ruthlessness and selfishness.
    If you are looking at history and compare the atrocities of men overall, then yes , men are obviously more guilty in comparison to women, especially in a patriarchal society like pakistan
    Once women have the same degree of freedom as men and the same opportunities, they are no better than men.

I came to the conclusion women are slightly more selfish and ruthless based on deep observation. Observe the differences in working with men and women(whatever context), and ponder about it.
    Even women will admit themselves that they gossip more and are more manipulative and like to trick people into getting what they want. You will understand what i mean once you actually analyze women more thoroughly

I am not saying men are better, they are not. But countering the claim women are supreme and much better human beings.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, many people conflate feminism as the default for women's rights and use them interchangeably. It would be similar to saying communism or dictatorship or any other form of governance represents the default way of running a society. Pretty much most people support women's rights but only a few identify as feminists even among women. They just happen to be the loud ones so it seems like every woman is a feminist when in reality they are a minority.

And if you look at current feminism, it is all about white feminism which completely overlooks women of color and religion. To the 3rd and 4th wave white feminists, if you don't agree with them, you are a misogynist (if you are a man) or have internalized misogyny (if you are a woman). So essentially no one is correct except for them.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaayal View Post
    True. Nobody should be allowed to run over you. But I mentioned men here because of this topic of feminism.

When it comes to mental torture nothing comes close to those evil ladies. They don’t have any love or empathy left for other woman. My medical professors in gynaecology department are the living examples for such people. Same can be seen in certain houses too. Just because they suffered when they were young, they want their daughter- in-law to suffer too. They gets this sadistic pleasure from seeing these girls sufferings and are jealous to the core too
    fair enough, i thought feminism was about women's rights regardless of the gender of the oppressor.

i think the one logical way to balance a career with a family is for a woman to have kids in her early twenties, so even if the woman starts a career 3 or 4 years later than normal she doesn't have the interruptions that stagnate careers.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm unsure if people are trolling or are just so misogynistic or their masculinity is too fragile to even conceive being a 'feminist'. At its core, it is equal opportunity for men and women. Physical strength is irrelevant, and it's ridiculous that it's even been brought up. Sure, the movement has been bastardised as of late, but at its core, feminism is equal opportunity for the sexes, which is a sentiment that everyone should be behind.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I consider modern feminists more dangerous than Alt-Right and ISIS combined. But, good news is, people are getting tired of their crap and hopefully tide will turn.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    713 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I agree with feminism insofar as providing equal opportunities is concerned especially in education and at the workplace.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dutch women Ava Brighton exposing feminists and system maniuplation by them

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. I read an article way back that claimed depression rates also sky-rocket amongst unmarried and career-focused females in their 30s.

Feminism is good insofar that it encourages equal opportunity to all females and fights against oppression towards females. However, it can get a little ridiculous when you try to make it seem like men and women are the same. Men and women arenít just different biologically, but also psychologically.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bangladeshi Fan