Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will Liverpool go unbeaten in the 2019/20 season of the Premier League?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 50.00%
  • No

3 50.00%
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Will Liverpool go unbeaten in the 2019/20 season of the Premier League?

25 matches, 24 wins, 1 draw. Insane record. Can they avoid in loss in the last 13 games?

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Absolutely yes! They are miles ahead of everyone else and I dont see anyone holding them back from winning each game left.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its defo on but Man City away will be the test. City will be very motivated to beat us since have walked the league title.

Liverpool will go for the win so this match will be one great spectacle.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yes, as the standard of the premier league is at an all time low.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_KING View Post
    Really?

Champions League final and UEFA cup both were played by English teams. This suggests the PL has the best teams.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Really?

Champions League final and UEFA cup both were played by English teams. This suggests the PL has the best teams.
    And the champions league final last year was the worst final in years.

PL (only Liverpool) have the best team, beause top European clubs like Barcelona, Bayern, Real, Athletico, Juvetus are nowhere near as good as they were 3-4 years ago. The only great team in Europe right now is Liverpool.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And the champions league final last year was the worst final in years.

PL (only Liverpool) have the best team, beause top European clubs like Barcelona, Bayern, Real, Athletico, Juvetus are nowhere near as good as they were 3-4 years ago. The only great team in Europe right now is Liverpool.
    You are correct.

POTW

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool has really surprised me. Didn't expect them to be unbeaten for 25 games.

Well done!

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool kept there momentum going from last season, but EPL has been shocking, 4th position has never been hotly contested like this in years or ever, but quality across europe has fallen, juve are being challenged in serie A, barca and RM are at there worse in years.

Never excepted City to collapse the way they did this season leaving no one to challenge LP, but hopefully they come back to beat them at the eithad.

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think City can beat Liverpool and you can't rule out fatigue as they could get in the latter stages of the CL, which could lead to them dropping points.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No they'll inevitably lose to some team in the relegation zone

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    unstoppable at the moment - another win vs Norwich this time.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1668 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I honestly believe they could go the whole season unbeaten.

So much strength in depth.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it's really not. The premier league is more competitive than ever before. Last season you had teams like Huddersfield and Fulham which were 12 free points for anyone that wanted them. This year Norwich already have more points than Huddersfield. Norwich, West Ham and Watford are all very competitive teams in fact.

This year the rest of the teams have improved significantly and you can see how they compete with the likes of City and Liverpool. Liverpool might be unbeaten but they've had to work hard almost every game. Not to mention, the English teams are doing very well in Europe.

The standard of football over last two years is much much better than late 90s and early 2000's. Teams move the ball much quicker, passing rates are higher, and the football is played at a much higher tempo.

"Standard at all-time low" is truly hyperbolic crap being spouted by pedants that don't actually watch the sport.

People are judging this year's standard because there is a team running away with the title. So it's easy to just claim everyone else is terrible than to give the league leaders due credit.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll be far too difficult. Liverpool have to play away at Everton, Man City and Arsenal as well as play Chelsea at home.

Not to mention, it'll get much tougher now with the champions league restarting this week. If Liverpool secure the title while still being in the CL and FA Cup, Klopp will prioritize the two cup competition over something like going unbeaten in an already wrapped up league. Anyone would rather win two trophies than one if it means losing a couple more games.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    No, I see at least 3 losses.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    No, I see at least 3 losses.
    This is lunacy no offence. Can you name the matches and make your predictions please?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    This is lunacy no offence. Can you name the matches and make your predictions please?
    Lets wait until the end of the season.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Lets wait until the end of the season.
    Sure. Anything can happen in sport but you're the first person I've read/heard saying 3 losses. Just wondered which matches?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Still unbeaten in Prem League!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    A young Manchester United fan who made a bid to stop Liverpool winning the title has been left shocked after Jurgen Klopp sent him a personal reply.

Daragh Curley, from County Donegal, wrote to the Liverpool boss for a school assignment.

The 10-year-old asked if it would be possible for Liverpool to lose some games so they would not win the league.

Klopp wrote back, praising Daragh's passion, but explaining Liverpool could not drop points on his behalf.

Daragh's dad Gordon told BBC News NI that while most of his classmates were writing fan letters, Daragh instead decided to write a letter of complaint to the Liverpool boss.

In the letter, the Glenswilly National School pupil wrote: "Liverpool are winning too many games. If you win nine more games then you have the best unbeaten run in English football. Being a United fan that is very sad.

"So the next time Liverpool play, please make them lose. You should just let the other team score. I hope I have convinced you to not win the league or any other match ever again."

Mr Curley said he was shocked when a reply came.

"My wife Tricia was up in the local post office/shop and she was told that there was a registered letter there for Daragh Curley," he said.

"She was wondering who would be sending Daragh a registered letter, but when she mentioned it to Daragh he said 'oh it's Jurgen Klopp'.

"And it actually was Jurgen Klopp."

Klopp's Liverpool are on course to win the Premier League and have not lost a league fixture so far this season.

In his letter to Daragh, he said: "Unfortunately, on this occasion I cannot grant your request, not through choice anyway.

"As much as you want Liverpool to lose it is my job to do everything that I can to help Liverpool to win as there are millions of people around the world who want that to happen, so I really do not want to let them down."

"Luckily for you, we have lost games in the past and we will lose games in the future because that is football.

"The problem is when you are 10 years old you think that things will always be as they are now but if there is one thing I can tell you as 52 years old it is that this most definitely isn't the case."

He added that Manchester United were lucky to have Daragh as a fan and praised his passion for football and for his club.

Mr Curley said that Klopp "seems to be an awful, awful decent individual".

"I would be a Man Utd fan myself, it's grating that Liverpool are doing so well, but behind it all you have to respect Klopp and what he's done," Mr Curley said.

"He came across as a nice guy all along, I suppose this letter really confirms to me that he is a decent, decent guy.

"What I love about the letter is that it's about sportsmanship and respect too and I think saying that to a 10-year-old is great."

However, Mr Curley said his admiration for Klopp would not cause either himself or Daragh to switch their allegiances.

"There's reinforcement techniques ongoing just to ensure that there's no swaying from the Man Utd mandate," he said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern...-west-51580401