London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kk1992 View Post
    Are there any atheist names?
    I donít know, but the last thing we need is atheists/ex Muslims with names like Muhammad, Yasir, Abdul etc.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_KING View Post
    I don’t know, but the last thing we need is atheists/ex Muslims with names like Muhammad, Yasir, Abdul etc.
    I'd imagine the first thing an Atheist would do to change their names to Atheist names.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well then change your name to a non Muslim name if you donít want people to think you are a Muslim.
    Change my name to a Christian name, why??

There are no Atheists name, As far as I know.

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post

Itís not surprising.

Religion is tribalism. You need to be identified by name, clothing, facial hair.

When you think in those terms, itís very difficult to think out of the box.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He said non-muslim.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Know plenty of atheist, and are not getting lynched.
    I have never seen an Atheists on media in Pakistan, where he is openly expressing his views in a talk show or a new paper column or In any other capacity...

When society have balls to face them in public honestly, there will be many to talk about religion.

One of the famous Desi Atheists I know is Javed Akthar. Question is: Can he talk about Islam and Atheism/Rationality in Pakistan like he does in India??

Many Pakistanis know him by his famous poetry in Movies, but donít know that he is an Atheists (a vocal one)... I would like to see one such voice in Pakistan, who is openly allowed to go after Islam and religion, then we can say, Pakistan is moving towards freedom of speech 🙄🙄🙄

https://youtu.be/qPXKHqf_MRA

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well then change your name to a non Muslim name if you donít want people to think you are a Muslim.
    Yasir is an Arabic name from Hebrew roots, it's not exclusive to Islam.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never seen an Atheists on media in Pakistan, where he is openly expressing his views in a talk show or a new paper column or In any other capacity...

When society have balls to face them in public honestly, there will be many to talk about religion.

One of the famous Desi Atheists I know is Javed Akthar. Question is: Can he talk about Islam and Atheism/Rationality in Pakistan like he does in India??

Many Pakistanis know him by his famous poetry in Movies, but don’t know that he is an Atheists (a vocal one)... I would like to see one such voice in Pakistan, who is openly allowed to go after Islam and religion, then we can say, Pakistan is moving towards freedom of speech ������

https://youtu.be/qPXKHqf_MRA
    Have you heard anyone getting lynched in Pakistan for not praying or claiming to be an atheist?

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Victim blaming in this thread is amazing

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donít know, but the last thing we need is atheists/ex Muslims with names like Muhammad, Yasir, Abdul etc.
    Muhammad is also an Arabic name and not exclusive to Islam. Abdul isn't a whole name and just means servant of, although it does usually come before the 99 names of Allah. There are hundreds of thousands of Christian's with Abdullah and other variations of Abdul as their names.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    Victim blaming in this thread is amazing
    Not blaming victim.

Neither no one is denying that Pakistan is a Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Just questioned when he made a claim that you would get lynched for not believe in a religion.

When asked, the goalpost and point changed.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He said non-muslim.
    Why non-Muslim?? I detest Christians, Hindus and all other religions as much as Islam. Islam and Hindu (the religion) lot more, they have ruined our area and culture, history and future lot more than others... All of them has problems, Islam has lot more, because there are no strong liberal pockets in Muslim culture today or for centuries.

Just to be clear, I have less problems with Muslims(the people), my main problem is with Islam(the ideology, authoritarian political ideology, the religion)... Unfortunately, people are sheepís they are following Islam in letter and spirit... They blame everything except the 800 lb white elephant 🧐🧐🧐

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well then change your name to a non Muslim name if you don’t want people to think you are a Muslim.

He said non-muslim.
    Why non-Muslim?? I detest Christians, Hindus and all other religions as much as Islam. Islam and Hindu (the religion) lot more, they have ruined our area and culture, history and future lot more than others... All of them has problems, Islam has lot more, because there are no strong liberal pockets in Muslim culture today or for centuries.

Just to be clear, I have less problems with Muslims(the people), my main problem is with Islam(the ideology, authoritarian political ideology, the religion)... Unfortunately, people are sheep’s they are following Islam in letter and spirit... They blame everything except the 800 lb white elephant ������
    compiled it for you to make it easy.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have you heard anyone getting lynched in Pakistan for not praying or claiming to be an atheist?
    People have been lynched for far lesser crime, did you forget what happen to Taseeer, Mishal Khan...In Dec, Supreme Court signed Capital punishment for an Multan professor, and I could not find, what exactly was his crime 🤬🤬🤬

Pakistan is one of those 6 countries in the world where Blasphemy Has Capital punishment. 🤬🤬🤬

BTW: What Atheists say about Islam would be considered far worse than Blasphemy... You cannot say facts (as reported by Muslim historians and Adaith) out loud in Pakistan, forget about criticizing him.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are irreligious people in the other Muslim countries but none of them get lynched like in Pakistan and Bangladesh

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People have been lynched for far lesser crime, did you forget what happen to Taseeer, Mishal Khan...In Dec, Supreme Court signed Capital punishment for an Multan professor, and I could not find, what exactly was his crime ������

Pakistan is one of those 6 countries in the world where Blasphemy Has Capital punishment. ������

BTW: What Atheists say about Islam would be considered far worse than Blasphemy... You cannot say facts (as reported by Muslim historians and Adaith) out loud in Pakistan, forget about criticizing him.
    Again, have you heard anyone getting lynched for no praying and claiming to be an atheist in Pakistan, lets say, go back to 15 years, or whatever time line you want to pick.

That was your initial comment and I simply replied to false assertion.

And again, I acknowledge almost everything you have said about Salman Taseer, it is a documented fact.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubs View Post
    It's a bit incorrect to say that being forced is the reason they leave. This is a common tactic that many theists use to trivialise the reasons why someone left a religion (though I don't think you're trying to do that). Personally, I - and my other ex-Theists- left for theological reasons.
    I respect your decision, unlike some extremists you will encounter. However, I believe there is a good percentage of people leaving religion just so that they can rebel against their authoritative mullah wahabi parents. You did your research, and based on evidence you collected, you decided that religion is not for you. You are still better than hypocrites that were there with prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

At the same time, please be open to a discussion with an intelligent and educated muslim who might have a perspective you may have missed.

Also, if someone is passing their judgement on you for leaving religion, they are already committing a sin by doing so.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razazaidi View Post
    I respect your decision, unlike some extremists you will encounter. However, I believe there is a good percentage of people leaving religion just so that they can rebel against their authoritative mullah wahabi parents. You did your research, and based on evidence you collected, you decided that religion is not for you. You are still better than hypocrites that were there with prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

At the same time, please be open to a discussion with an intelligent and educated muslim who might have a perspective you may have missed.

Also, if someone is passing their judgement on you for leaving religion, they are already committing a sin by doing so.
    That's an entirely unsubstantiated claim, just as I can assert that most people are Muslim (and Christian/Hindu/Sikh and any other religion) because they were raised/indoctrinated to believe it's true. And it depends what these' hypocrites' were. You couldn't publicly display apostasy without fear of death, so if pretending to be a Muslim to save your life means you're a munafiq then I don't see how thy're bad'.

I am opened-minded, and have heard from many educated Muslims. There is still no sufficient evidence to warrant belief, and I don't think faith is a path to truth. Please do keep an open mind to educated critics of Islam to, and to people who say that since there isn't sufficient evidence to warrant belief, the rational position to hold is that of disbelief until evidence comes about.

It depends, as there consensus isn't clear. People who say you're fine to leave the religion will point to the 'no compulsion in religion' verse, whereas others will point towards hadith and Hannafi sources which say that one should be put to death for it. It is far from black and white I'm afraid.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    There are irreligious people in the other Muslim countries but none of them get lynched like in Pakistan and Bangladesh
    I'm sure you can back those comments up with some actual data ala Napa style.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    It’s not surprising.

Religion is tribalism. You need to be identified by name, clothing, facial hair.

When you think in those terms, it’s very difficult to think out of the box.
    You live in the UK right? How do you dress? How do you keep your facial hair? How do you ask people to address you? This isn't a personal question, I just want to know in a general sense how to avoid a tribal mindset.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Again barking without facts.