Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Babar is as good as any of the fab 4/5 all of them has weaknesses including babar but he is just as good obviously smith is in another mode in tests better than anyone there is no fab 4/5 in test he is number one day light and the rest.

Being atleast 7 years younger than anyone else he is going to break most of Pakistan batting records.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Wasim is retired. 17 years and counting. Yet he remains the most inspiring icon for left armers.

Retirement doesn't take away your ability to inspire.

Babar is a very good batsman. But he isnt a genius like a warne Tendulkar or wasim, atleast he hasn't shown that yet.

90s 2000s and 2010s, who according to you are the most inspiring cricketers?
    Tendulakar was not a genius yes he scored more runs than anyone else etc but definitely he was not a genius Lara had more charisma and shots when he batted and one his day could do more. Its the same as murali and warne where maruli got more wickets but warne was absolute genius.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    He is still behind the fab 4 and Warner. In LOIs behind Rohit.

What he has is the age on his side to catch up.
    in LOI Rohit is bigger match winner than Kholi atleast when it comes to ICC tournaments. Thats what we have seen so far in big matches. As soon as Rohit fails kohli follows few balls later.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    When did Babar perform in India?

And yea on current form he is superior to Root in Tests. Although the latter is still better when it comes to making big hundreds.
    Over 3 formats babar is better than both

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Averaging 43 with 5 centuries in real cricket (also known as test cricket) is hardly a benchmark for anything - only time will tell if Babar Azam is the real deal. By real deal I mean a future test batsman who can average 50+ with with 30 test centuries , he certainly has the ability to get there - but heís also a Pakistani cricketer which traditionally means highs, lows, unpredictability, promise much and deliver little, or at least underachieve compared to your potential.
    Last edited by Majid Khan; 16th October 2020 at 02:06.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    Averaging 43 with 5 centuries in real cricket (also known as test cricket) is hardly a benchmark for anything
    But when his generation of batsmen dont even average 40 in test cricket (Rahul, Mendis, Hope, QDK) with the exception of Labuchagne who has played limited matches and all his centuries are at home then he looks like a benchmark at the moment atleast. Not to forget he averages 50 in ODI and T20 cricket which is again more than his generation of batsmen.

I agree about the uncertainties of future but at the moment he looks to be the benchmark for his generation.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    764 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Over 3 formats babar is better than both
    He is not.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    He is not.
    He is

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    But when his generation of batsmen dont even average 40 in test cricket (Rahul, Mendis, Hope, QDK) with the exception of Labuchagne who has played limited matches and all his centuries are at home then he looks like a benchmark at the moment atleast. Not to forget he averages 50 in ODI and T20 cricket which is again more than his generation of batsmen.

I agree about the uncertainties of future but at the moment he looks to be the benchmark for his generation.
    babar is playing the best bowlers of all time. toughest era to bat vs these elite athletes.
    odi may seem batsman friendly but to do what babar has managed to achieve when none of his contemporaries within his age group have exceeded an average of 50 shows you how special he truly is.

he would easily be one of the greatest batsman in any era.

Even in tests apart from say babar, marnus and mayank who is a little older none of attained an average close to 50. why? because the bowlers are that good now. Proper professional consummate athletes.

So, yes, to see babar achieve such huge feats vs the most talented bowlers ever reflects his generational batting talent. Guy is lightyears ahead of anyone within his age group. Atleast for now.india have some youngsters who can get there but obviously at this stage they arent ready.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    in LOI Rohit is bigger match winner than Kholi atleast when it comes to ICC tournaments. Thats what we have seen so far in big matches. As soon as Rohit fails kohli follows few balls later.
    If you dont know the stats dont post.
    VK performance in knockouts

2011 WC Final - 35
    2013 CT SEMI Fina – 58*
    2013 CT Fina 43 (Top Scorer )
    2014 WT20 Semi Fina - 72*
    2014 WT20 Fina – 77
    2016 WT20 Virtual QF - 82*
    2016 WT20 Semi Fina - 89*
    2017 CT Virtual QF - 76*
    2017 CT Semi FinaL - 96*

Most runs in wins in icc tournaments in entire history:
    Virat kohli 2034
    Average 78.23

Most Fifty plus scores in world t20 tournament
    9 – Virat Kohli
    9 – Chris Gayle
    7 – Jayawardene

Name:  kohliknockouts.jpg
Views: 1225
Size:  209.5 KB

Virat Kohli is a modern day legend: Viv Richards

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most runs in ICC Tournaments (Indians)

Sachin - 2719
    Kohli - 2336
    Rohit - 2132
    Yuvraj - 1707

(WC + CT + T20WC)

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Kohli View Post
    If you dont know the stats dont post.
    VK performance in knockouts

2011 WC Final - 35
    2013 CT SEMI Fina – 58*
    2013 CT Fina 43 (Top Scorer )
    2014 WT20 Semi Fina - 72*
    2014 WT20 Fina – 77
    2016 WT20 Virtual QF - 82*
    2016 WT20 Semi Fina - 89*
    2017 CT Virtual QF - 76*
    2017 CT Semi FinaL - 96*

Most runs in wins in icc tournaments in entire history:
    Virat kohli 2034
    Average 78.23

Most Fifty plus scores in world t20 tournament
    9 – Virat Kohli
    9 – Chris Gayle
    7 – Jayawardene

Name:  kohliknockouts.jpg
Views: 1225
Size:  209.5 KB
    Mate don't bring T20 stuff into this I was talking about proper cricket. T20 is just team result that we can look into nothing else.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate don't bring T20 stuff into this I was talking about proper cricket. T20 is just team result that we can look into nothing else.
    without t20 also Kohli leads over Rohit.
    Whatever you pick I will prove with stats.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    without t20 also Kohli leads over Rohit.
    Whatever you pick I will prove with stats.
    Okay check ICC 50 over tournament finals and semi finals results once rohit goes early.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay check ICC 50 over tournament finals and semi finals results once rohit goes early.
    Why you talking about Rohit goes early?
    we are discussing all ICC knockouts (ODI's) performance when they played together.
    Kohli leads in CT and WC knockouts.
    T20 knock outs or 50 overs knock outs or overall ICC tournament runs whatever... Kohli leads over Rohit.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why you talking about Rohit goes early?
    we are discussing all ICC knockouts (ODI's) performance when they played together.
    Kohli leads in CT and WC knockouts.
    T20 knock outs or 50 overs knock outs or overall ICC tournament runs whatever... Kohli leads over Rohit.
    The point is when rohit goes early kohli cant take the pressure.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stunning figures from babar since november 2018

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he is the best young generation player at the moment. possibly the best or 2nd best pakistani batsman ever.

i dont see any young player under 30 close to his level. mayank but he is 29.labu thats it. rahul only in short formats. in tests babar stands alone.

gilll maybe in a few years. shaw etc later on. right now no one touches babar.
    babar is the best of the young generation. better than labu imo.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyron_woodley View Post

i dont see any young player under 30 close to his level. mayank but he is 29.labu thats it. rahul only in short formats. in tests babar stands alone.

Quinton dekock has played more impactful knocks against top teams in his career than Babar and he's just an year older. I know he debuted a couple of years before and have not been as consistent as Babar but to say no u-30 player is close to his level is a bit insulting to QDK.

It's a fact that most of Babar Azam's hundreds (11 out of 16) in international cricket have come against the likes of SL, WI and Ban/Zim which is not the case with QDK.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Quinton dekock has played more impactful knocks against top teams in his career than Babar and he's just an year older. I know he debuted a couple of years before and have not been as consistent as Babar but to say no u-30 player is close to his level is a bit insulting to QDK.

It's a fact that most of Babar Azam's hundreds (11 out of 16) in international cricket have come against the likes of SL, WI and Ban/Zim which is not the case with QDK.
    Dekock is good but not on the same level as babar

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dekock is good but not on the same level as babar
    Yes he is. Infact he has a higher ceiling than Babar especially in LOI cricket.

I know he has not been at his best in the recent past but he's most certainly at Babar's level all formats combined. Babar is better ATM though.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Yes he is. Infact he has a higher ceiling than Babar especially in LOI cricket.

I know he has not been at his best in the recent past but he's most certainly at Babar's level all formats combined. Babar is better ATM though.
    To be fair they both different kind of players so comparing is not right babar should be compared to Williamson root whilst dekock should be compared to a more attacking Bateman

Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How has Babar Azam fared after completing 75 ODI innings?

Name:  campaign period (1) (1).jpg
Views: 983
Size:  156.8 KB

Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Point to note: Babar requires 420 runs in 3 innings to break Amla's record of quickest to 4000 runs and 4 innings to tie it! The race is on

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yxsr View Post
    Name:  campaign period (1) (1).jpg
Views: 983
Size:  156.8 KB

Outstanding

If only he was a part of the Inzimam era with Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Afridi, Razzaq, Young Malik as batsmen around him. He would have made that side compete as good as India/Australia and England do today

Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Outstanding

If only he was a part of the Inzimam era with Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Afridi, Razzaq, Young Malik as batsmen around him. He would have made that side compete as good as India/Australia and England do today

Even then i dont think we were notoriously known to be a batting powerhouse i guess?

Our greatest batsmen have been extremely unfortunate. If you check the pattern you will realise its always been one lone batsman carrying our Team and not to exist side by side with eachother or with much support.

Its like the baton was just passed around every other decade, hanif>zaheer>javed>inzi>misbah>babar.
    Although i'll admit inzi shouldnt be here as he had the best surrounding him with the likes saeed, yousuf and younis

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Even then i dont think we were notoriously known to be a batting powerhouse i guess?

Our greatest batsmen have been extremely unfortunate. If you check the pattern you will realise its always been one lone batsman carrying our Team and not to exist side by side with eachother or with much support.

Its like the baton was just passed around every other decade, hanif>zaheer>javed>inzi>misbah>babar.
    Although i'll admit inzi shouldnt be here as he had the best surrounding him with the likes saeed, yousuf and younis
    It’s more in terms of the caliber of batsmen that surround the King Batsman.

Kohli and Smith had some very high quality batsmen around them in the beginning and at the peak of their careers. I don’t think it is fair to argue the same for Root and Kane, but some of the batsmen around them really took their games to a world class level such as Guptil, Taylor, McCullum, Roy, Bairstow, Morgan etc.

That’s why I recon Babar with his consistency and apatite for runs would have been the missing piece in the Inzimam side which could be hit and miss in tough away series.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Point to note: Babar requires 420 runs in 3 innings to break Amla's record of quickest to 4000 runs and 4 innings to tie it! The race is on
    That would require 140 runs per innings for 3 innings in a row, that too against South Africa with Nortje and Rabada.

It would be inhuman for anyone to do that

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think he is similar to Root, Amla and Williamson in ODIs and better than Smith but inferior to Kohli, de Villiers and Rohit as far as this format is concerned.

Also, when comparing with previous era players in OdIs, don't go with exact stats. 45 in Tendulkar's era is equal to 55 in Kohli's era.
    Last edited by Ab Fan; 6th November 2020 at 16:39.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he will need 7 innings no chance he will get it in 3 innings

Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he will need 7 innings no chance he will get it in 3 innings
    Actually it might be possible lol. The coming NZ series and SA series have no ODI fixtures. Both will have test and t20 matches only.
    Pakistan has a postponed Netherlands match ready to be played soon with every other OSL fixture very distant from it. LOOOOLL

Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but i will not lie, even managing 140 runs every inning vs netherlands is no easy achievement especially given the fact Babar has never playeed against them nor played in their backyard either

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Name:  3427a0ac-5a7d-4b4e-8126-23425e4c6aee.jpg
Views: 1074
Size:  49.3 KB

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Name:  3427a0ac-5a7d-4b4e-8126-23425e4c6aee.jpg
Views: 1074
Size:  49.3 KB
    Better Strike Rate than KL

and IPL ******* are still unsure if Babar would make it into any of the Franchises!

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Better Strike Rate than KL

and IPL ******* are still unsure if Babar would make it into any of the Franchises!
    Lol. Some experts were saying he will not start.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Lol. Some experts were saying he will not start.
    But Phillipe, Finch, watson, Hetmyer are all better than him as an overseas option lol

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But Phillipe, Finch, watson, Hetmyer are all better than him as an overseas option lol
    Don't forget Curran too.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Different class - makes the others look rather mediocre most of the time.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Babar and Hafeez on current form are the only T20 Pak batsmen that can compete against the top sides.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually it might be possible lol. The coming NZ series and SA series have no ODI fixtures. Both will have test and t20 matches only.
    Pakistan has a postponed Netherlands match ready to be played soon with every other OSL fixture very distant from it. LOOOOLL
    Even then that's hard but we can hope and pray

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shot he hit for six down the ground was incredible pure class and timing the shot of the series by a mile. then followed it up with a superb 4

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Amidst all the mediocrity, Babar rises like a Titan from the ashes.

I hereby present to thee, inventor of thy round table, arise - Sir Cumference

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Babar Azam going to be the batsman of the 2020ís?

Im really confident about this. Donít really see anyone who can challenge him. Thoughts?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As per sources Gray Nicolls have signed a deal with Babar Azam and this will probably start from NZ series.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was interesting to hear Babar Azam's interview:

In the interview he credited Mickey for persisting with him in Tests despite his initial failures. Says he was looking for that one confidence-making innings which came together when he scored his maiden century against Australia in UAE.

Says his innings of 72 against South Africa and his performances in Australia gave him alot of confidence.

Rates the knock against New Zealand in the World Cup as his best, although this was less him calling it his best and more him agreeing to Ramiz's assertion that it was his best.

Says as a captain he will try to lead from the front.
    Last edited by MenInG; 24th January 2021 at 11:12.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1 test century outside of Asia at the age of 26. Struggling against left arm spin.

He is not the batting benchmark at all. I guarante you if he wasn't Pakistani the OP would not have made this thread.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    1 test century outside of Asia at the age of 26. Struggling against left arm spin.

He is not the batting benchmark at all. I guarante you if he wasn't Pakistani the OP would not have made this thread.
    Benchmark players dont have weaknesses or bad form?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Benchmark players dont have weaknesses or bad form?
    He is going through a bad form. But I have seen enough to say he isn't as good as the fab 4. They are the batting benchmark of this generation for me.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hes made 44 off 30 in a t20 and hes being slated for it

Unbelievable

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7716 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Babar is below KL Rahul and at the same level as someone like Iyer and Agarwal.

He stands out because he plays for a team that doesnít have any proper batsmen.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post

Unbelievable
    Itís his fault for setting such high standards

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

He stands out because he plays for a team that doesnít have any proper batsmen.
    Youíve been trying to push this agenda for years and no one is having any of it. Iyer and Aggarwal are ordinary players.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Unbelievable
    LOl yeah there are more appropriate threads to bump today considering the Thriller between WI and Bangladesh

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Unbelievable
    Exactly 😂😂.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    You’ve been trying to push this agenda for years and no one is having any of it. Iyer and Aggarwal are ordinary players.
    Iyer is dancing like Varun Dhawan in his head when he plays his shots.

Mayank Agarwal is the biggest Shokha in world cricket today, he is the Ahmad Shahzad of India

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He stands out because he plays for a team that doesn’t have any proper batsmen.
    Not true. Babar is gold standard of this generation. KL Rahul will have an unfulfilled career while Babar would be probably the best batsman Pakistan produced. History will remember Babar while Rahul would be an occasional memory.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordinary in test, very good in odi, okay for t20s only in low scoring games or if you have dynamic hitters who can bat around him and accelerate at will. Overall pretty decent for a team like Pak. He did good today.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7716 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    Youíve been trying to push this agenda for years and no one is having any of it. Iyer and Aggarwal are ordinary players.
    Iyer averaged 45-50 in ODI cricket at a SR of 100. He averaged 52 in FC.

If he plays Tests, he would average in the mid 40s just like Babar. There isnít any significant difference between the two.

You put Iyer and Babar in the same team and Babar will not look a class apart.

If Babar was Indian his career so far would not have been much different. Just a handful of LOI matches and no Tests yet.

On the other hand, Iyer would be captaining Pakistan today.

Agarwal scored 200s against South Africa at home. In terms of playing spin and temperament, he is streets ahead of Babar.

You put them in the same Test team and Agarwal will be more prolific than Babar especially at home.

The standards of Indian batting and Pakistan batting are not comparable. Our best batsmen are just good by Indian standards and criteria.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Iyer averaged 45-50 in ODI cricket at a SR of 100. He averaged 52 in FC.

If he plays Tests, he would average in the mid 40s just like Babar. There isnít any significant difference between the two.

You put Iyer and Babar in the same team and Babar will not look a class apart.

If Babar was Indian his career so far would not have been much different. Just a handful of LOI matches and no Tests yet.

On the other hand, Iyer would be captaining Pakistan today.

Agarwal scored 200s against South Africa at home. In terms of playing spin and temperament, he is streets ahead of Babar.

You put them in the same Test team and Agarwal will be more prolific than Babar especially at home.

The standards of Indian batting and Pakistan batting are not comparable. Our best batsmen are just good by Indian standards and criteria.
    Man why you hate us so much?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7716 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra_Cover View Post
    Not true. Babar is gold standard of this generation. KL Rahul will have an unfulfilled career while Babar would be probably the best batsman Pakistan produced. History will remember Babar while Rahul would be an occasional memory.
    It is not because Babar is a better batsman but rather because of the circumstances. If Babar was Indian he would not be 10% the star he is today and wonít be close to being the gold standard because he would be competing with giants like Kohli, Rohit and Pujara.

If KL Rahul was Pakistani would be a superstar. He would captain the side in all formats and would be the undisputed first-choice opener in all formats.

Establishing yourself as a premier batsman in India is nothing like establishing yourself as a premier batsman in Pakistan. It is whole different ball game altogether.

India is a country where you could lose you could score 200s and 300s like Agarwal and Karun Nair and lose your spot after 2-3 failures.

Dhawan is the fourth choice opener for India in Tests and he averages 40, while we are dreaming for a Test opener who could average 40.

It is always futile to make direct comparisons between Indian and Pakistani batsmen without taking all these factors into account.

Put Babar and KL Rahul in the same team and the latter would outperform him more often than not.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PCBís most valuable player of 2020!!

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7716 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    It is not because Babar is a better batsman but rather because of the circumstances. If Babar was Indian he would not be 10% the star he is today and wonít be close to being the gold standard because he would be competing with giants like Kohli, Rohit and Pujara.

If KL Rahul was Pakistani would be a superstar. He would captain the side in all formats and would be the undisputed first-choice opener in all formats.

Establishing yourself as a premier batsman in India is nothing like establishing yourself as a premier batsman in Pakistan. It is whole different ball game altogether.

India is a country where you could lose you could score 200s and 300s like Agarwal and Karun Nair and lose your spot after 2-3 failures.

Dhawan is the fourth choice opener for India in Tests and he averages 40, while we are dreaming for a Test opener who could average 40.

It is always futile to make direct comparisons between Indian and Pakistani batsmen without taking all these factors into account.

Put Babar and KL Rahul in the same team and the latter would outperform him more often than not.
    India is a country where you could score 200s and 300s*

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shreyas iyer averaging 45 in tests is a joke. Canít play the short ball whatsoever. Indian FC averages are nothing to go by because they all average around 10-15 higher than they do in International Cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is going through a bad form. But I have seen enough to say he isn't as good as the fab 4. They are the batting benchmark of this generation for me.
    You are misinterpreting the generation part. In cricketing terms generation is considered players of similar age group and that is what I said in the opening post of this thread while giving the examples as well. Batsmen who are of same age as Babar are nowhere close to him across the formats for one reason or another.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel worried that Babar won't step up another gear. I can't put him in the top 3
    yet. He has talent but so much at the elite level is about mentality. For the last couple of years people have been talking him up as one of the world's best (not just Pakistan's best). But I feel he doesn't have the mentality and hunger that someone like Kohli does. He needs to work on just 2-3 things (being ruthless, taking his fitness to the next level)
    It is up to him whether he wants to end up as someone with a 45 average in all formats or 50+ average. He can surpass all the Pakistani batting records if he truly wants it.
    I don't think making him captain was the right move.

He's 26 now, it's the right time in his life and career to step up the extra gear. We'll see in the next 12-18 months what his ceiling truly is/if he can show the elite mentality.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AamirWarraich View Post
    I feel worried that Babar won't step up another gear. I can't put him in the top 3
    yet. He has talent but so much at the elite level is about mentality. For the last couple of years people have been talking him up as one of the world's best (not just Pakistan's best). But I feel he doesn't have the mentality and hunger that someone like Kohli does. He needs to work on just 2-3 things (being ruthless, taking his fitness to the next level)
    It is up to him whether he wants to end up as someone with a 45 average in all formats or 50+ average. He can surpass all the Pakistani batting records if he truly wants it.
    I don't think making him captain was the right move.

He's 26 now, it's the right time in his life and career to step up the extra gear. We'll see in the next 12-18 months what his ceiling truly is/if he can show the elite mentality.
    I think Babar can step up if he focuses. But being a relative of the Akmals, I hope he has the right environment around him. Hopefully someone gives him a wakeup call and tells him not to rest on his laurels/be satisfied with his current accomplishments.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unbelievable
    Good innings in the context of the game

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is not because Babar is a better batsman but rather because of the circumstances. If Babar was Indian he would not be 10% the star he is today and won’t be close to being the gold standard because he would be competing with giants like Kohli, Rohit and Pujara.

Arguing KL is a better batsman than Babar is subjective from your point of view. Objectively speaking Babar would be regarded as a better batman than KL simply because of better stats, media focus, captain and larger fan following. All the the things I mentioned are facts and factually speaking Babar would always be ahead of KL.

If you say getting into the Indian batting line-up, competition from Virat and co or Indian pressure to churn up a performance makes KL better than Babar than that is purely subjective from your side and you would never be able to factually prove that. And that is a fact (bitter one for you).

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You are misinterpreting the generation part. In cricketing terms generation is considered players of similar age group and that is what I said in the opening post of this thread while giving the examples as well. Batsmen who are of same age as Babar are nowhere close to him across the formats for one reason or another.
    It's your opinion that nowhere is near him.

You can try to spin it whichever way you like, a majority of Babar Azam career has coincided with the fab 4 playing in his time. They are all better batters. The 2010s, and most of the 2020s will be remembered for them. And not Babar Azam.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's your opinion that nowhere is near him.

You can try to spin it whichever way you like, a majority of Babar Azam career has coincided with the fab 4 playing in his time. They are all better batters. The 2010s, and most of the 2020s will be remembered for them. And not Babar Azam.
    I am not the one who has to spin the threads to prove my point. Anyone who can read the opening post can clearly understand what is the thread about.

Babar is 26 and players around his age are who he is being compared with, comparing him to players who are 30 plus and are proven performers for number of years doesnt make sense and thats been my opinion in other threads as well.

Next time kindly read the opening post and if you dont agree with title you are allowed to criticize that.
    Last edited by Titan24; 15th February 2021 at 02:44.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am not the one who has to spin the threads to prove my point. Anyone who can read the opening post can clearly understand what is the thread about. Dont derail the thread to put forward the narrative which isnt being discussed.

Babar is 26 and players around his age are who he is being compared with, comparing him to players who are 30 plus and are proven performers for number of years doesnt make sense and thats been my opinion in other threads as well.

Next time kindly read the opening post.
    The thread is asking is Babar Azam the batting benchmark, I have not moved off topic. I have said he is not because of other players playing at the same time as him are better.

He is 26, so what ? The fab 4 have 3/4 years in them. Babar would have been playing for 10 years or so by then. The fab 4 would have played throughout those 10 years. They have shown way more to be the batting benchmark. Furthermore if Babar wasn't Pakistani you wouldn't have asked the question or made this thread.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thread is asking is Babar Azam the batting benchmark, I have not moved off topic. I have said he is not because of other players playing at the same time as him are better.

He is 26, so what ? The fab 4 have 3/4 years in them. Babar would have been playing for 10 years or so by then. The fab 4 would have played throughout those 10 years. They have shown way more to be the batting benchmark. Furthermore if Babar wasn't Pakistani you wouldn't have asked the question or made this thread.
    Again, you are talking about the thread title while missing the point of what the opening post refers to and what the term generation implied in the title. Further you are assuming I wont be making the thread if Babar wasnt Pakistani.

Kindly check the stats and rankings of Babar vs his contemporaries of his age, who would you say is the benchmark or make thread about as a neutral fan?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Hasan123 the Fab 4 are the benchmark for everyone including Babar without a doubt but, thats not what the comparison was about and I didnt imply that as well.

You can keep comparing Babar to fab 4 but, as I created the thread so I thought it would be suitable to let you know whats the thread was about. Peace!
    Last edited by Titan24; 15th February 2021 at 03:14.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7716 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    There is a generation gap between the Fab Four and Babar. It might not be very big but it surely exists.

The Fab Four term was coined by the late Martin Crowe in August 2014, a year before Babar made his international debut.

They were established world class players before Babar even started playing international cricket.

Kohli (2008), Williamson (2009) and Smith (2010) made their debuts 7, 6 and 5 years before Babar, and it is a significant gap.

Root is an interesting case because he made his international debut only about 2.5 years earlier than Babar, but Babar made his Test debut in 2016 and Root was already an elite player by then, and today Root has 101 Tests while Babar has 30.

So there is clearly a generation gap. Maybe 30-40 years down the line people might view them as one generation because their careers overlapped to a great extent, but the viewers today definitely do not consider the Fab Four and Babar as one generation.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He is a little overrated in tests. At age of 26, these are stats of other elite batsman in tests from 2000s onwards.

Steve Smith:- Avg 60
    V Sehwag:- Avg 55
    Joe Root:- Avg 52
    Kevin Pietersen:- Avg 52
    Kumar Sangakkara:- Avg 51
    Alastair Cook:- Avg 49
    AB de Villiers:- Avg 47
    Hashim Amla:- Avg 47
    Cheteshwar Pujara:- Avg 47
    Graeme Smith:- Avg 47
    Michael Clarke:- Avg 46
    Virat Kohli:- Avg 45