Venue
    Queens, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Circle style Kabadi vs Indoor Kabadi

I personally believe that Kabadi should only be played circle style but some people think that indoor is a better style so
    which is better? Indoor or Circle style

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Queens, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indoor has a rule of only including people whose weight is less than 80 kg but circle style has no rule on weight

Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Circle style all the way.

Though i like Indian Kabaddi League(indoor style) but maybe it's because there isn't enough circle style Kabaddi played, infact i didn't even know about it up until few weeks ago.

Watching recent circle style Kabaddi WC has made me a huge fan of it.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indoor Kabbaddi looks more professional whereas outdoor looks dehaati.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Queens, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    You can always change the look tho that's not really a problem imo

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Queens, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrentDevil View Post
    Circle style all the way.

Though i like Indian Kabaddi League(indoor style) but maybe it's because there isn't enough circle style Kabaddi played, infact i didn't even know about it up until few weeks ago.

Watching recent circle style Kabaddi WC has made me a huge fan of it.
    I think IKL did a great a job in introducing the public to Kabadi but it's time to take it up a notch and change the weight rule so taller and more mascular can play and they need to change the style to circle
    If these changes are made I'll definitely 100 percent watch it

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Circle style kabaddi.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Circle style for sure. Indoor style is for kids. Circle style is for real men.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing beats circle style.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forward Defensive Push View Post
    Circle style for sure. Indoor style is for kids. Circle style is for real men.
    Real men or dehaati pehelwaans?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Queens, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real men or dehaati pehelwaans?
    Are dhehati phelwan not men and honestly for indoor one they are mostly dhehati's too they just wear proper cloths and the arena looks good which can also happen in circle style so not a big deal, I am interested about which style is better as a fan not really the anesthetics although I would love to see a proper league with the aesthetics part also covered

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That would have been different had India won it.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I might be wrong but indoor kabbadi is not really known in Pakistan, I didnít even know it existed until the league was made.

Personally I think circle style kabbadi is the best. In north Punjab till Lahore the slapping kabbadi is really popular but when you go south of Lahore circle style dominates, especially in faisalabad

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    That would have been different had India won it.
    Except that India didnít participate in it. Infact Indian Kabaddi body AKFI doesnít recognise Circle style Kabaddi.

On topic- After watching some clips on YouTube out of curiosity, I see one basic problem with this style of Kabaddi. Can somebody clarify this? Donít a raider have to hold his breath and say kabaddi kabaddi or something similar during his entire raid? Its the first rule of Kabaddi when u play it. But how can someone hold his breath if the court is that big and raids go on for so long?

Second, any professional sport has to have some set of rules. It canít be this brutal. Slapping and all. Now donít give me the example of American football etc. They do all the pushing and shoving with proper gear unlike these Nange Pehelwans which was embarrassing to watch.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indoor style all the way as in the pro kabaddi league (Indian franchise league).
    Circle style looks like a poor man's version of freestyle wrestling.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babu Bhaiya View Post
    Except that India didn’t participate in it. Infact Indian Kabaddi body AKFI doesn’t recognise Circle style Kabaddi.

On topic- After watching some clips on YouTube out of curiosity, I see one basic problem with this style of Kabaddi. Can somebody clarify this? Don’t a raider have to hold his breath and say kabaddi kabaddi or something similar during his entire raid? Its the first rule of Kabaddi when u play it. But how can someone hold his breath if the court is that big and raids go on for so long?

Second, any professional sport has to have some set of rules. It can’t be this brutal. Slapping and all. Now don’t give me the example of American football etc. They do all the pushing and shoving with proper gear unlike these Nange Pehelwans which was embarrassing to watch.
    Adding to my last point,

For expansion of any sport or for it to be popular its necessary that masses should be able to connect with it or able to play it. Like Cricket, Football, Badminton etc. Otherwise it will become like those Gladiator fights from ancient times where masses used to gather to watch some giants kill each other, get entertained with it and move on.

For those who are saying that this circle style kabaddi is for real men, What percentage of population from subcontinent do you guys think, have that kind of height or body masses? About 5%? and I’m being generous. Which parents in their sane mind would encourage their kids to play a game where there is high percentage of injuries all the time.

For those who haven’t watched the standard style of Kabaddi, I’d suggest to please watch some clips of Pro Kabaddi League. It actually has the potential to become 2nd most popular game after Cricket at least in India.

From my personal experience, I work with an organisation in CSR department for their Educational Initiatives. So i have to deal with schools across North India. After introduction of this league, kids have actually started playing Kabaddi even in the elite schools. There are so many tournaments within or inter school. So my point is , this sport is surely gaining popularity after Cricket.
    Last edited by Babu Bhaiya; 19th February 2020 at 07:32.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Queens, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding to my last point,

For expansion of any sport or for it to be popular its necessary that masses should be able to connect with it or able to play it. Like Cricket, Football, Badminton etc. Otherwise it will become like those Gladiator fights from ancient times where masses used to gather to watch some giants kill each other, get entertained with it and move on.

For those who are saying that this circle style kabaddi is for real men, What percentage of population from subcontinent do you guys think, have that kind of height or body masses? About 5%? and I’m being generous. Which parents in their sane mind would encourage their kids to play a game where there is high percentage of injuries all the time.

For those who haven’t watched the standard style of Kabaddi, I’d suggest to please watch some clips of Pro Kabaddi League. It actually has the potential to become 2nd most popular game after Cricket at least in India.

From my personal experience, I work with an organisation in CSR department for their Educational Initiatives. So i have to deal with schools across North India. After introduction of this league, kids have actually started playing Kabaddi even in the elite schools. There are so many tournaments within or inter school. So my point is , this sport is surely gaining popularity after Cricket.
    You like both of the point that I dislike about pro kabadi
    It sounds like Korean basketball league saying tall people can't play basketball, sports is made for people with physical advantages and I want to see warriors play not some Babar Azam or Vk looking people we already have cricket for that
    Indoor is bad because there almost no running space because of the size of the arena which makes it touch and run for a second not kabbadi and it looks like badminton or combat sports which it's not supposed to look like I want it to be played on a ground cause almost all the world's mainstream sports are played on a ground and I want it's growth to be like NFL or rugby but with indoor the feel is different which will make it a 3rd 4rd tier sport in india, Pak
    FYI I know you didn't say it I am just putting it out there wearing protactive gear makes the hit worse and trust me on this one cause whenever I got hit in football it felt like a car crash every part of your body hurts so bad 😫 and that was at high School level imagine in NFL

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Circle style all the way! it is the real deal. Call me a purist but that's how it was being played for years. You need to be strong and agile at the same time and those pehelwans (including Indian team which is amazing) are both.

Indoor kabaddi are for the weaklings.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Queens, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedzee View Post
    Circle style all the way! it is the real deal. Call me a purist but that's how it was being played for years. You need to be strong and agile at the same time and those pehelwans (including Indian team which is amazing) are both.

Indoor kabaddi are for the weaklings.
    This you have to be strong and agile not just agile putting wieght limit just kills the sport because player just feels like an average toned dude not a warrior and I know some people say they are fat but they are tall, mascular and trust me they are mascular I know with today's gym every one thinks in order to be mascular you have to have 6 pack but that's not true look at the strongman competition or even in NFL these dudes would look obese and they do have a high body fat percentage but they also have crazy amount of muscles and the reason for atleast the high body among NFL lineman is because they get hit by some massive guys and you can never have so much muscle they they'll cusion the hit so for thier for protection they need fat cusion or you'll be injured in no time(Brock leaner was looking like thier small brother when playing football imagine how tall and big these dudes are)
    So expecting to play kabadi with a wight limit is crazy cause its not as fun to watch the leaner guys play cause you know as soon as the wight limit is over the big guys will absolutely smash these guys

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Queens, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But In an ideal world I want the circle style to be played in IKL with no wieght limit know that's what I mean by kabbadi, with wieght limit and smaller playing area it doesn't even feel like kabaddi

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Queens, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Circle kabbadi= test cricket
    Indoor kabbadi= t10 cricket (due to smaller raid time)

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Except that India didn’t participate in it. Infact Indian Kabaddi body AKFI doesn’t recognise Circle style Kabaddi.

On topic- After watching some clips on YouTube out of curiosity, I see one basic problem with this style of Kabaddi. Can somebody clarify this? Don’t a raider have to hold his breath and say kabaddi kabaddi or something similar during his entire raid? Its the first rule of Kabaddi when u play it. But how can someone hold his breath if the court is that big and raids go on for so long?

Second, any professional sport has to have some set of rules. It can’t be this brutal. Slapping and all. Now don’t give me the example of American football etc. They do all the pushing and shoving with proper gear unlike these Nange Pehelwans which was embarrassing to watch.
    Yes only indoor have professional rule the other ones don't. Use you brain cells if you have any.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes only indoor have professional rule the other ones don't. Use you brain cells if you have any.
    Enlighten me O great One!!!

Obviously it must have rules..

I talked about 2 points? Any answer to that?

Is it humanily possible to hold your breath for that long? Isnít it basic rule of the raid?

Second i said there has to be some rules/limits about brutality.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Enlighten me O great One!!!

Obviously it must have rules..

I talked about 2 points? Any answer to that?

Is it humanily possible to hold your breath for that long? Isn’t it basic rule of the raid?

Second i said there has to be some rules/limits about brutality.
    Search if yourself. It only requires few minutes.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Search if yourself. It only requires few minutes.
    Sadly I couldnít find anything. Maybe later when i have some free time. Heading to work now.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Queens, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like circle style will die off or it will just stay in greater Punjab cause with weight limit they are looking for people all over India and this will help them include all parts of India as the great Nas said "People do anything to be involved in everything, Inclusion is a hell of a drug" and just like a drug indoor style will kill kabadi as far as I am concerned cause IKF wants to grow the sport and involve every part of India but its a drug which gives false sense of pleasure but in the end is not good.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indoor Kabaddi is quite popular in India. During my time in school in late 90s we had Kabaddi, Basketball, and Cricket as our sports. Kabaddi lost its popularity in cricket crazy nation along with Field Hockey.
    Thankfully with introduction of Pro Kabaddi league, it seems Kabaddi has made a grand comeback.

As far as Circle style goes, I didnít even knew it existed prior to few days ago. I donít think people outside of Punjab even follows it let alone play it.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Queens, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    Indoor Kabaddi is quite popular in India. During my time in school in late 90s we had Kabaddi, Basketball, and Cricket as our sports. Kabaddi lost its popularity in cricket crazy nation along with Field Hockey.
    Thankfully with introduction of Pro Kabaddi league, it seems Kabaddi has made a grand comeback.

As far as Circle style goes, I didnít even knew it existed prior to few days ago. I donít think people outside of Punjab even follows it let alone play it.
    Indians( for that matter Pakistani too) should not be near basketball simple as that its not made for them but I think people should give circle style a chance with no bias they'll definitely like it

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post
    Indians( for that matter Pakistani too) should not be near basketball simple as that its not made for them but I think people should give circle style a chance with no bias they'll definitely like it
    I think Basketball is only western sport that has serious potential to make en route into Indian subcontinent. We desis think height plays crucial role but to be frank it comes down to stamina and skills. Height can be compensated if individual have brilliant skills. Eg Curry.

During my time in primary school(20+ years ago) we would only got one basketball to share between 50-55 kids, perhaps due to lack of sports funding. On the other hand cricket would always have surplus.
    Circle style of Kabaddi requires lot of brute force which would deter an average kid from taking up the sport. Even regular Kabaddi is quite rare but people do take up as a sport to fill up the requirement for graduating(as I did).