Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    Pattinson is NOT kept out because of his height but because his skills are not better than the main three bowlers. Remember, the six footer Siddle played 67 tests for Australia in the same era over much taller bowlers in domestics due to his superior skills.
    And compare how the smaller Shami and Bumrah outbowled Australia's six footers and won the last series in Australia. And both 6 foot five Starc and Hazzlewood averaged over 30 in that series on their own homeground and even the likes of Pant smoked them. And shall I remind you about tall and phaast Shaun Tait and Billy Stanlake? Their height couldn't mask their mediocre skills.
    jamieson looks real good though. skilful bowler. Might be my new favourite from non indian and non south african players.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongun View Post
    The post you are quoting points out that Morkel had quite a bit of success as a bowler in Oz (despite what you seem to think or regard as success) & that's what you come up with?
    He is averaging 34 lol Best figures of him there are 5 for 146, 3 for 127, Come on dude.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    He is averaging 34 lol Best figures of him there are 5 for 146, 3 for 127, Come on dude.
    dale steyn is a real legend. what a player he was. destroyed both australia and india so how handedly.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahane is a very key wicket. He can take the game away.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This height theory is nonsense. By default most of the bowelrs are tall. Few inches here and there won't make you a super man. Let us break down the averages of taller bowlers like 6'4" below " and 6'5" and above. Let us see who has done well overall among the great players.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyron_woodley View Post
    dale steyn is a real legend. what a player he was. destroyed both australia and india so how handedly.
    single*

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Still good for a first change bowler.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India - 122/5 after 55 overs.

Tea break.

NZ are slightly ahead but India aren't out of the game yet. Should be an interesting final session.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This height theory is nonsense. By default most of the bowelrs are tall. Few inches here and there won't make you a super man. Let us break down the averages of taller bowlers like 6'4" below " and 6'5" and above. Let us see who has done well overall among the great players.
    how about over 6 foot vs under?

slight edge to over 6 foot in non sub continent conditions I presume.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    how about over 6 foot vs under?

slight edge to over 6 foot in non sub continent conditions I presume.
    You won't find many great bowlers under that height. As i said most of the top bowlers are mostly 5'10" above. Mohammad Irfan would have been world beater if that is the case. or even Tuffey, Jacob Oram.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pannauti pant should only play test cricket imo until he fixes his temperament. he is more relaxed for tests. odi he isn't ready yet.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends what you call slow. I could throw some names out-

Walsh & McGrath- yes both were quickish at some stages but also had great success as medium pacers late in their careers in Oz.

Tom Moody had a lot of success in Oz on pure bounce.

Chris Tremlett operated ad pretty much exactly Jamiseon's speeds and had some success in Oz.

Joel Garner (pace fluctuated).

Peter George (Australian domestic).

That' a decent list for something as uncommon as a "slow" tall bowler.
    Walsh,Joel and Mcgrath are legends. Tom Moody averages 68 from his five tests in Australia. I wont call it as anything near success. Chris Tremlett has upped his pace pretty much when he had success in Australia. And domestic records doesn't count.
    My point is that low 130s isn't going to help you much in pattas in Australia and certainly NOT in India unless you know how to reverse the SG ball like Zaheer.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    pannauti pant should only play test cricket imo until he fixes his temperament. he is more relaxed for tests. odi he isn't ready yet.
    Scrambled thinking while batting in LOIs. Mostly pre-determined shots. When he reacts to the ball he looks better.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NZ is well ahead in the test so far. But it is raining. Hope he helps seamers tomorrow as well.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ewen chat field still drives taxi. seriously i am surprised he couldn't find a better job with a decent career with NZ. No insult to the profession. But cricketers these days are never going to do that given that even an US cricketer makes about 90 grand every year.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rain. Nice time to have a coffee and eat pakoda

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ewen chat field still drives taxi. seriously i am surprised he couldn't find a better job with a decent career with NZ. No insult to the profession. But cricketers these days are never going to do that given that even an US cricketer makes about 90 grand every year.
    Cricket is not huge in NZ. It is remarkable how well NZ do despite so many obstacles.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    Cricket is not huge in NZ. It is remarkable how well NZ do despite so many obstacles.
    It is still considered one of the top countries to settle down alongwith Australia.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Walsh,Joel and Mcgrath are legends. Tom Moody averages 68 from his five tests in Australia. I wont call it as anything near success. Chris Tremlett has upped his pace pretty much when he had success in Australia. And domestic records doesn't count.
    My point is that low 130s isn't going to help you much in pattas in Australia and certainly NOT in India unless you know how to reverse the SG ball like Zaheer.
    I was giving a list of slow, successful bowlers in Oz. So Moody makes the list.

And it seems to me your criteria are both self serving mystifyingly illogical... domestics don't count... I'm supposed to find good slow, tall bowlers to succeeded in Oz... but you throw away the 3 most successful examples on the basis that they were to successful??? That's some interesting reasoning there.

Tremlett did NOT raise his pace in Australia. They are my home series, I watch them all on TV or at the ground. So you've now thrown away the 4 examples- a pretty solid argument imo, for nonsense reasons, especially since Tremlett operated in precisely the speed range you say won't work here...

Then you throw out Zaheer, a 5'10 (?) swing bowler as the counter example?

But yes, please show me the part where I said just anyone who is tall will instantly succeed. In fact I spelt it out slowly & carefully that it is one path to success. Of course you need to be skilled too. It's Test cricket mate.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is still considered one of the top countries to settle down alongwith Australia.
    I was referring to cricket only.

NZ obviously is a fantastic country to live in but NZ cricket board doesn't have much money/sponsors. Cricket is like a dead sport there. Rugby is #1.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

NZ obviously is a fantastic country to live in but NZ cricket board doesn't have much money/sponsors.
    Yes this is why Indian tour/Australian tours are important for them. But with so many T20 leagues cricketers are not going to be poor anymore.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    single*
    Dale Steyn is single?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    With slow outfield batting will be even harder.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rain may just spoil the final session.

Minor respite for India.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes this is why Indian tour/Australian tours are important for them. But with so many T20 leagues cricketers are not going to be poor anymore.
    On contrary cricket boards suffer . Like West Indies , South Africa etc
    So they look forward to when big teams tour

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they have wealth. they are a rich country. Good facilities. GDP is far higher than all sub continent countries. Better nutrition, diet and standard of living. Naturally they will be competitive. Sub continent teams don't have these advantages barring population.

India are getting there though in terms of GDP.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And it seems to me your criteria are both self serving mystifyingly illogical... domestics don't count... I'm supposed to find good slow, tall bowlers to succeeded in Oz... but you throw away the 3 most successful examples on the basis that they were to successful??? That's some interesting reasoning there.

Tremlett did NOT raise his pace in Australia. They are my home series, I watch them all on TV or at the ground. So you've now thrown away the 4 examples- a pretty solid argument imo, for nonsense reasons, especially since Tremlett operated in precisely the speed range you say won't work here...

But yes, please show me the part where I said just anyone who is tall will instantly succeed. In fact I spelt it out slowly & carefully that it is one path to success. Of course you need to be skilled too. It's Test cricket mate.
    zaheer is 6 foot 1.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I meant success, I meant against INTERNATIONAL batsmen. Not against domestic lallus. Else even Vinay Kumar and Dinda are legends. And I gave Zaheer's example as a slow bowler whom I thought was successful in India as he could reverse swing the SG ball at lower speeds. But now I look at his stats in India, it wasn't that great either. I must have been fooled by some of his matches in the later part of his career.
    My whole point is that to bowl well on pattas in Australia and India you need some pace and skills. And now if you bowl slow like Jaimison, your skill level needs to be very high.
    And this whole discussion started as reply to a poster claiming Jaimison is a proof why pace doesnt matter much.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats why we must always play 6 bats especially in overseas tests. Our batting is dire, barring 1-2.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rich country where an average cricketer has more access to resources than an average Indian or Pakistani or Bangladeshi.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NZ obviously is a fantastic country to live in but NZ cricket board doesn't have much money/sponsors. Cricket is like a dead sport there. Rugby is #1.
    lol, what obstacles? They're a super rich country with a lot of resources. Most of Indian cricketers have come from very humble backgrounds.

Actually its far tougher for them to make it big in international cricket.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inspection will take place in another 20 min.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    lol, what obstacles? They're a super rich country with a lot of resources. Most of Indian cricketers have come from very humble backgrounds.

Actually its far tougher for them to make it big in international cricket.
    Exactly. Just read about Yashaswi Jaiswal. Dude had to live in a goddamn tent with no toilet in a cricket-crazy city like Mumbai even after being so talented. I don't think even a D grade cricketer from Newzealand has to go through what he went through.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    drizzling again.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Solid day for New zealand. India has a long road ahead in this Test.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. Just read about Yashaswi Jaiswal. Dude had to live in a goddamn tent with no toilet in a cricket-crazy city like Mumbai even after being so talented. I don't think even a D grade cricketer from Newzealand has to go through what he went through.
    Not just him, so many of great past and current Indian cricketers who've made it big despite all the hardships they faced during their formative years.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    without Rohit and Rahul, we cannot win tests in NZ

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahee View Post
    without Rohit and Rahul, we cannot win tests in NZ
    yes we need asad safique and ifthikar.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is Tremlett getting Johnson's wicket in that Ashes at 89.4 mph which is definitely greater than what Jamieson bowled today:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFw6QfB9P5A

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Height does give you an advantage, people need to accept it

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Height does give you an advantage, people need to accept it
    yes a 135 kmph from a taller athelte will be around 140 for a guy who is under 6 foot.

Name me bowlees under 6 foot bowler who excelled in SENA bowling under 135.

philander? that's it?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unlucky that india didn't get the opportunity to cash in during the evening session. 230 or 240 - allout today and bowling in the next day morning would have put india in a better position.

But Now India will get bowled out tomorrow morning without scoring much and NZ will cash in the last two sessions.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes a 135 kmph from a taller athelte will be around 140 for a guy who is under 6 foot.

Name me bowlees under 6 foot bowler who excelled in SENA bowling under 135.

philander? that's it?
    Steyn and Iím sure Naseem will too In Sha Allah

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    Steyn and Iím sure Naseem will too In Sha Allah
    naseem bowls over 135. steyn over 135.

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep it to Match Discussion please, not tourism and height of players

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Firstly poor team selection.You don't need a spinner in these conditions.Saini can bat too.Even if you do,Jaddu has done much better with both bat and ball recently

Shaw over Gill is debatable since Gill has been the backup opener and done well in A team in NZ

Props to select Pant over Saha

Kohli keeps getting out the same way

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stumps Day 1:

IND: 122/5 (55.0) overs

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even the next 4 days weather forecast shows cloudy weather. This will be a rather low-scoring affair. A score of 250 will be decent by Indian team but will take a lot of effort to reach there.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yeaaaaa rubbish as usual from indian batting in overseas conditions.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rubbish performance. There's so much hype and money around this team yet they fail when it matters.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozeirk View Post
    yet they fail when it matters.
    And it matters only when they fail...

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Year 2020 and india still can't play the swinging ball. This is becoming embarrassing

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    714 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Considering the difficulty of the surface, not a bad effort. I'm sure NZC went for such a wicket to play to their relative wickets. We all saw what happened to their team when they played on true wickets in Australia.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Considering the difficulty of the surface, not a bad effort. I'm sure NZC went for such a wicket to play to their relative wickets. We all saw what happened to their team when they played on true wickets in Australia.
    It's not such a difficult surface as we played.Shaw,Kohli and Aggarwal all played rash shots.

With just 3 pacers,I expect NZ to make 300 here

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    714 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    It's not such a difficult surface as we played.Shaw,Kohli and Aggarwal all played rash shots.

With just 3 pacers,I expect NZ to make 300 here
    I think they simply found Jamieson's bounce a little too disconcerting.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    If we didn't have a wicket like this we'd be seeing a boring 600 vs 600 draw. This is the only way to get results here but that gives the team bowling first a huge advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats why i always say bowling speeds are overrated. Speed off the pitch can ready totally different. bumrah's 140 will be a lot quicker than a 145 from say a wahab or even a Ferguson.

jamieson's 135 is a lot quicker than a 139-140 from someone like say a Gabriel.
    How do different bowlers get different speeds off the pitch? That is a quality of the pitch alone.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    If we didn't have a wicket like this we'd be seeing a boring 600 vs 600 draw. This is the only way to get results here but that gives the team bowling first a huge advantage.
    Yes, Simon Doull or Ian Smith, it was, also said the same. It's always a case in NZ even when India toured previously also.

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Venue
    In your head
    Runs
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    What's the point of CDG? How this guy still plays for NZ?
    He performs well? Pretty simple reasoning?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current Fab 4: Smith, Williamson, Babar, Root.

Kohli has lost it recently.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Debutant Jamieson rips through India on rain-hit opening day
    NZ v Ind, 1st Test, day 1, report

Debutant Kyle Jamieson tore through India with a three-wicket burst to headline a rainy start to New Zealandís two-Test series against world No.1 India on Friday, 21 February.

Making the most of an overcast Wellington morning, Jamieson snuffed out the two biggest threats in the opposition, Virat Kohli and Cheteshwar Pujara, in his opening spell, before returning to account for Hanuma Vihari, after Kane Williamson had little hesitation in deciding to field first upon winning the toss.

Jamiesonís efforts reduced India to 40/3, before Mayank Agarwal and Ajinkya Rahane staged a very brief recovery with a 48-run fourth-wicket stand. By stumps, India were 122/5, with only R Ashwin and the tail to follow.

While Jamieson did the bulk of the damage, it was Tim Southee who opened the gates, when a ripping outswinger whizzed past Prithvi Shawís outside edge and flattened his off stump.

It was a classic Southee delivery: full, swinging away, and luring the batsman into the drive, which Shaw did, without moving his feet to cover the swing, and paid the price.

Jamieson then produced the most decisive blows on the day in back-to-back overs. First, Pujara prodded forward to a fullish delivery, angled into the right-hander, but was taken aback when it straightened and kissed the outside edge before sailing into the hands of wicket-keeper BJ Watling.

Kohliís dismissal was down as much to the batsmanís own undoing as it was to the bowlerís brilliance. Jamieson, to his credit, pitched the ball around the 10th stump line to the Indian captain, who has a penchant for chasing deliveries that are well outside his reach.

And while they sometimes produce the most crisp cover drives in world cricket, often times, they bring about his downfall, as in this instance, when Ross Taylor, playing his landmark 100th Test for New Zealand, snaffled a tumbling catch, off the outside edge, at first slip.

Agarwal and Ajinkya Rahane then kept New Zealand at bay for the next 17 overs. At lunch, India were 79/3, but any hopes of consolidation after the early morning advantage begins to wear down were crushed when Agarwal, having ground it out for 83 balls for his 34 runs, miscued a pull shot against Trent Boult, off the top edge, to long leg, where Jamieson was once again in the thick of the action, snaffling the ball in front of him.

Vihariís brief stay ended on the first ball after drinks, when Jamieson, returning for his second spell, produced the outside edge to have him caught behind.

Rishabh Pant, playing his first match on the tour, shelved all his attacking instincts to play well within his body, as he and Rahane got down to blocking out everything New Zealandís bowlers threw at them.

They did so for 14 overs, before the rain came down at the tea interval and the players stayed inside for the rest of the day.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/1616986

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post

Won't put root in that list, very inconsistent in the last 2 years

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Will there be anything for spinners in 4th innings?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Will there be anything for spinners in 4th innings?
    Most likely not.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Most likely not.
    Thought so. Useless to pick Ashwin over a 4th pacer. Even if they wanted a spinner to hold an end and bat,Jadeja had a better case

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Thought so. Useless to pick Ashwin over a 4th pacer. Even if they wanted a spinner to hold an end and bat,Jadeja had a better case
    Spinner would be effective in giving the bowlers a rest. The wicket will be a road by late day 2 if not 3.

Although the overhead conditions may keep something there for the bowlers.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post

You can't just keep on changing the Fab4 once a week. They were formed on the back of consistent performances in test cricket for atleast 2-3 years.

Babar still has a long way to go.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    You can't just keep on changing the Fab4 once a week. They were formed on the back of consistent performances in test cricket for atleast 2-3 years.

Babar still has a long way to go.
    Kane has hardly set the world on fire either. Kohli even out of form has been more proflic than him.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kohli needs to learn how to leave a ball outside the off stump.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spinner would be effective in giving the bowlers a rest. The wicket will be a road by late day 2 if not 3.

Although the overhead conditions may keep something there for the bowlers.
    Brother do you live in Wellington ?

If yes, how is the weather gonna hold up tomorrow? Any rain forecast?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Last time he was going over 4.5 runs per over. Wasn't effective by any stretch of the imagination. Atleast Ashwin has variations. Jaddu has become an absolute darter who will do nothing.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Last time he was going over 4.5 runs per over. Wasn't effective by any stretch of the imagination. Atleast Ashwin has variations. Jaddu has become an absolute darter who will do nothing.
    When was this? If you are referring to last NZ tour,you must know that he has improved with both bat and ball in last 2 years or so.See his performance in Aus last year.Equal to Ashwin with ball but better with bat whose batting has gone down significantly

Anyway the main point is why to go with spin at all?Saini can bat and Vihari can bowl the filler overs to rest pacers.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When was this? If you are referring to last NZ tour,you must know that he has improved with both bat and ball in last 2 years or so.See his performance in Aus last year.Equal to Ashwin with ball but better with bat whose batting has gone down significantly

Anyway the main point is why to go with spin at all?Saini can bat and Vihari can bowl the filler overs to rest pacers.
    When you have Umesh why do you need Saini? Umesh is a better bat anyway. Also in good Test match form.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Cant really gage how good or bad india have been with the bat here till both sides bat once. Am sure indias bowlers will enjoy overcast conditions is weatger remains same across the match.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of Simon Doull carnage against us

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Reminds me of Simon Doull carnage against us
    Tuffey ran through us as well. First day nightmare in NZ. But i have to say apart from two stupid shots from Kohli and Agarwal India didn't do that terrible in terms of application. Pujara was really rock solid until he got a peach. Just one of those situation where you are going to 2 or 3 wicket taking balls every over. As a bowler you don't have to do too much.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Brother do you live in Wellington ?

If yes, how is the weather gonna hold up tomorrow? Any rain forecast?
    No, I'm not from Wellington.

Weather looks okay for day 2 and 3 according to today's forecasts.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Jadeja could have been probably a decent option, especially considering that NZ only has 2 lefties in the top 7 against while 5 right handers. Ashwin is good against lefties but there arent many in NZ lineup.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ***. Rahane *****.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned