Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he bowled a bit better than his figures showed. He bowled very good pace and he was pinpoint accurate with his yorkers and his slower balls were fantastic as well. Not much you can do when a batsman is nailing ramp shots for 6, this is T20 cricket. Giving him experience and playing him in matches like this should be the reason for these series, so he gets used to these kind of situations, and how to respond to batsmen on top form.

Has all the attributes to be successful in the format, just needs a continued run of games.

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Banton got a hold of him for a bit, his usage of the ramp shot is as good anyone...overall thought he bowled decent - Pak have a good pace attack in white ball generally. Great to see Afridi bring his Yorker out at will - hope his skills to the right hander keeps developing.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Looked good.

Banton lined him up, but he can do that to any bowler on a good day.

Considering he's not played much of late, he looked ok.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very good old ball bowler. Needs to be utilized in the last 10 overs. Just like we used to utilize Gul once.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    A very good old ball bowler. Needs to be utilized in the last 10 overs. Just like we used to utilize Gul once.
    He actually has a pretty good outswinger, he just hasn't been given enough opportunities with the new ball. If you watch his opening spells in the Pakistan Cup a year or two ago he was probably the only one who got the ball to swing on those phattas.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit of a brain fade when he bowled the ball in the same spot after Branton kept hitting him for the ramp.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    He has very good variety, slower ball, quick bouncer, slower bouncer, cutter, yorker, back of the hand ball, inswinger, outswinger. The complete package.

Watched him live in the ground for the first time, and it looked like his run up needs work on.
    Last edited by Saj; 29th August 2020 at 13:33.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    He has very good variety, slower ball, quick bouncer, slower bouncer, cutter, yorker, back of the hand ball, inswinger, outswinger. The complete package.

Watched him live in the ground for the first time, and it looked like his run up needs work on.
    You know, I thought the same thing. Never seen him before but he looked “strained” running to the wicket — compared with say, Wood or Archer who are much smoother and are as quick, if not quicker.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsyhesperis View Post
    You know, I thought the same thing. Never seen him before but he looked “strained” running to the wicket — compared with say, Wood or Archer who are much smoother and are as quick, if not quicker.
    Very jerky run-up. Small steps and certainly not the smoothest of run ups.

It will be interesting to see what Waqar does with his run up.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I know he went for plenty yesterday but that was more due to Banton’s brilliance. I liked the energy he had during his bowling. It was only his first game, lets back him.

We supported Naseem Shah who bowled 100+ overs during tests with nil impact, lets not right off Haris after 3-4 overs.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waqar will do nothing with him.
    There has been no improvement with any of the fast bowlers.
    Amir's pace is still down due to a technical flaw that even i can point out from here where he is stopping before his load up and trying to only bowl using his upper body with no hips behind him.
    I see him losing even more pace because over time his upper body is going to get fatigued and his right shoulder might not be able to handle it.

Naseem wasnt completing his action due to a very straight run up which doesn't complement his side on action that needs an angular run up. No wonder his bowling arm was ending up between his legs instead of finishing towards the left of his left leg.

Shaheen has alignment issues as well. He was doing well 6 months ago because he just found great rhythm which was accidental, and not by design.
    6 months later, he cant find it and the pace is down by 10 kph because he doesnt have knowledge to replicate that design which enabled his 6 month old rhythm.
    I can safely tell you that under Waqar, any improvement in our bowlers will be a random occurence down to the individual. However, if they fall into technical issues and bad form, then he doesn't have the tools and coaching nous to rectify their issues.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The worse thing Waqar would do with Haris is change his run up. If Haris can regularly bowl 90 mph accurate thunderbolts with this run up then no need to change it.

The thing Haris needs is the support and confidence.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harris is very talented. He’s done well in the Australian league. Deserves a run in the side to prove he is up to it. With Waqar helping him he is only going to get better

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinitee786 View Post
    Harris is very talented. He’s done well in the Australian league. Deserves a run in the side to prove he is up to it. With Waqar helping him he is only going to get better

I agree. Defo needs a long run.

I saw the run up yesterday too and thought the same. He was still hitting 90mph, with a more fluid run up I think he could increase his pace and control too

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    He actually has a pretty good outswinger, he just hasn't been given enough opportunities with the new ball. If you watch his opening spells in the Pakistan Cup a year or two ago he was probably the only one who got the ball to swing on those phattas.
    Yes, but the national team needs someone to take over Wahab's role. Haris Rauf is our best bet in Hasan Ali's absence.

We already got Amir, Shaheen for the new ball role currently.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think his rhythm is fully there yet or he's carrying an injury. He seems to be bowling around 140 off late (PSL and yesterday) with 145 being his fastest. He was around 145 -150 all the time in the BBL. You cant say it was the pitches because his fastest balls were always the attempted yorkers which take the pitch out of contention.
    He has ankle problems in PSL and was played despite that. Maybe hes not fully fit yet.

''Asif is the scariest bowler I've faced. I deemed him unplayable.'' KP

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was his first game after a long time.He was not in rhythm.He bowled ok.He will get better as he gets more experience in different conditions.He has not played a lot of cricket.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacy with wisdom View Post
    Waqar will do nothing with him.
    There has been no improvement with any of the fast bowlers.
    Amir's pace is still down due to a technical flaw that even i can point out from here where he is stopping before his load up and trying to only bowl using his upper body with no hips behind him.
    I see him losing even more pace because over time his upper body is going to get fatigued and his right shoulder might not be able to handle it.

Naseem wasnt completing his action due to a very straight run up which doesn't complement his side on action that needs an angular run up. No wonder his bowling arm was ending up between his legs instead of finishing towards the left of his left leg.

Shaheen has alignment issues as well. He was doing well 6 months ago because he just found great rhythm which was accidental, and not by design.
    6 months later, he cant find it and the pace is down by 10 kph because he doesnt have knowledge to replicate that design which enabled his 6 month old rhythm.
    I can safely tell you that under Waqar, any improvement in our bowlers will be a random occurence down to the individual. However, if they fall into technical issues and bad form, then he doesn't have the tools and coaching nous to rectify their issues.
    God bless you man I wish I could analyze fast bowlers like you

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Also, a message to the fans: please back Rauf. If he fails this series and comes under pressure by fans then Misbah will replace him with Wahab. And none of us want that.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenpachi View Post
    I agree. Defo needs a long run.

I saw the run up yesterday too and thought the same. He was still hitting 90mph, with a more fluid run up I think he could increase his pace and control too
    I think he needs to look at Mark Wood's run-up. It's not the longest, but he generates good momentum and is smooth throughout and well balanced when about to bowl.

Haris is a bit all over the place. Stuttering and unbalanced at times.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Bowling now - needs to take some wickets today

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Bowling now - needs to take some wickets today
    Hit 91mph and bowled some good yorkers.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haris Rauf has been absolutely rubbish so far.

The idea that a bowler bowled poorly because he came across good batting is absurd.

His job is to stop runs and take wickets. So do it.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    An incompetent bowler who was hyped up as the next Akram by Pakistanis. He belongs in the same group as Bilawal Bhatti, Cheema and co!

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a patch on Umar Gul. Can't bowl more than 2 deliveries in the right place

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people were calling hi one of the best bowlers in t20 but he is nothing special. Husnain needs to replace Rauf.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before all the guns and knives are out we should back him for another series not many other options either and at the same time he needs to polish his bowling and work hard to master his bowling he is s good bowler but he needs to learn from this and become better

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    We had one brainless hack, now we have two.

He is Wahab Riaz II.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He was not the problem today

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowled well today

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ravisurya View Post
    Some people were calling hi one of the best bowlers in t20 but he is nothing special. Husnain needs to replace Rauf.
    rauf is much much better than hasnain. rauf bowled well today

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much out-bowled and showed up the over-rated Shaheen in every possible way today

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    He was better than Shaheen today and he was better than Amir.

He had 3 good overs and just lost it a bit for one over when he got his length worng.

But overall in the 2 matches so far, he has looked the best seamer for Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He bowled better than other bowlers. Will further improve with time.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

He is Wahab Riaz II.
    Too early to call.
    He bowled well except one over.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was much better in the 2nd game. He did have a poor 2nd over but apart from that it was reminiscent of his BBL days, with his aggressive bowling style. He also utilised the slower ball very well and even produced an off cutter. He'll get better overtime, but he certainly looks like our best pacer in T20s and probably the 2nd best bowler for us in this T20 series, behind Shadab.

Sure, his control is a bit here and there but when it comes off, it comes off well. It's also his first series outside of Pakistan, so in my eyes he hasn't been that bad.

What I really despise is how fickle our fans are. On Twitter, I remember after his first over that fans were praising him, and after his second over they were insulting him. I also dislike how people are vouching for Mohammad Hasnain over Haris Rauf. Hasnain was in the team before Rauf and has been far worse.

He's a talented bowler for someone with a lack of experience. He's certainly outshone Shaheen and Amir in the T20s, and I'm sure that he'll be one to watch if we develop him even further.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is what happens when selectors pick inexperienced and undercooked bowlers directly from gully mohallahs or with hardly a game or two in domestics. Hasnain and Naseem are the same.

God I hate Misbah so much

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is Wahab Riaz II.
    Quite frankly, this is ridiculous.

Cut Rauf some slack, this is his 4th international game. He'll get better with time.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Astounded by the impatience of our fans who feel the need to become judge, jury and executioner after a bad game. Haris is a sublime talent who complements our pace attack very well and has the ability to perform very well in tough situations as he showed today. He plays with a lot of energy and gives his whole. Calling him Wahab v2 or saying he should be replaced by Hasnain is nonsensical to me, especially after just a couple of games. He proved his ability in the BBL and with time and experience that confidence will come.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    This is what happens when selectors pick inexperienced and undercooked bowlers directly from gully mohallahs or with hardly a game or two in domestics. Hasnain and Naseem are the same.

God I hate Misbah so much
    Say this all you want, but this inexperienced bowler in particular is performing better than our leading wicket taker in the 2019 World Cup.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I don't understand his role. Is he playing the Umar Gul role? He is not doing it correctly.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Is he in the side to bowl 6 yorkers an over? Is he there to pick up wickets?

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was better than Shaheen today and he was better than Amir.

He had 3 good overs and just lost it a bit for one over when he got his length worng.

But overall in the 2 matches so far, he has looked the best seamer for Pakistan.
    Shaheen should have been rested. People are too critical of him, he is the real deal unlike the other over hyped bowlers.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Is he in the side to bowl 6 yorkers an over? Is he there to pick up wickets?
    He is utilised more as a middle and death overs bowler.

The issue here was that by the time Rauf bowled in the death, the game was already in England's hands. They needed a run a ball with Morgan and Malan batting.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Kohli View Post
    Too early to call.
    He bowled well except one over.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizenjo View Post
    Quite frankly, this is ridiculous.

Cut Rauf some slack, this is his 4th international game. He'll get better with time.
    I have seen what I need to see.

Anyway, people can and will take 2 years to realize that he is no good.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You love to pick and choose whom you reply.
    Whenever there is a technical point raised, you go visit your hibernation spot.

I have told you earlier as well. You dont understand fast bowling as well as you think. All you see is black or white.
    Stick to discussing batsmen. You are better at analysing them.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're probably one of those 'critics' that views a bowler's figures and gives your opinion.

Look at the context of the game. 195 to chase down, and he was going at 8.5 per over. Much better than Shaheen and Amir.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His issue is control. He has poor control. He is all over the place.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bizenjo View Post
    You're probably one of those 'critics' that views a bowler's figures and gives your opinion.

Look at the context of the game. 195 to chase down, and he was going at 8.5 per over. Much better than Shaheen and Amir.
    Yeah no.

As I said, I have seen what I needed to see. Others will eventually arrive at the same conclusion but it takes long for them to accept the reality.

So first they will talk about context, then they will blame Waqar and Misbah, then they will blame the captain for misusing him before finally realizing that he is not good enough.

The greater problem here is the inability of people to realize where Pakistan cricket stands today and the quality of players that we are producing.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacy with wisdom View Post
    You love to pick and choose whom you reply.
    Whenever there is a technical point raised, you go visit your hibernation spot.

I have told you earlier as well. You dont understand fast bowling as well as you think. All you see is black or white.
    Stick to discussing batsmen. You are better at analysing them.
    I have been here for a very, very long time. I have seen many “technical analysts” come and gone.

I can tell you write now that your so-called technical analysis will not lead to anything and the lines of Naseem and Rauf will never be any good.

So after a few years, you will be latching onto another mediocre bunch and provide your technical analysis and the cycle will go on.

So you have two choices: either be delusional now and blame waqar before swallowing the bitter pill later, or come to terms with the reality of Pakistan cricket which you are shying away from.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's got potential. Better than the likes of Hasnain and Musa

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rauf has put on weight. A shame for a professional fast bowler that is.

I would back Rauf as his 90 mph yorkers are the best in business but by shedding weight he can put more force in his short pitch balls.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He finally looked in rhythm yesterday, atleast 6 or 7 balls at 91 mph and his accuracy was better too.

''Asif is the scariest bowler I've faced. I deemed him unplayable.'' KP

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunge101 View Post
    He finally looked in rhythm yesterday, atleast 6 or 7 balls at 91 mph and his accuracy was better too.
    Let’s have some patience.
    He looked ok and he has a reasonable track record at the Big Bash
    https://www.melbournestars.com.au/players/haris-rauf

If every new player is lauded as being the next Sobers, and then after a couple of average performances is faced with clamours for their withdrawal we will never make any progress.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah no.

As I said, I have seen what I needed to see. Others will eventually arrive at the same conclusion but it takes long for them to accept the reality.

So first they will talk about context, then they will blame Waqar and Misbah, then they will blame the captain for misusing him before finally realizing that he is not good enough.

The greater problem here is the inability of people to realize where Pakistan cricket stands today and the quality of players that we are producing.
    But I'm not blaming Waqar or Misbah.

Looking for reasons now, are we?

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Rauf has put on weight. A shame for a professional fast bowler that is.

I would back Rauf as his 90 mph yorkers are the best in business but by shedding weight he can put more force in his short pitch balls.
    I don't know about this.

He looks muscular judging by his social media posts, normally hitting the gym. Could just be that he's gained weight in muscle.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel bad for Haris Rauf.

Our fans are far too emotional and unreasonable and expect the world from players who are still relatively new to international cricket.

How a player can go from not being rated at all, to under rated to over rated in the matter of a few months show the impatience of our fans and expectation they have that we are a top class championship side with one of the deepest pools of talent in world cricket.

When the fact is we are a bit thin and short on players who can hop right in to the XI.

Haris Rauf is not over rated or under rated. Truth is he should not be rated at all because he is still relatively new and inexperienced.

He had a bad series. The world is not over. We need to exhibit patience because there was a reason he was selected.

We have some people on this forum dismissing guys like Naseem (who I remind you is still relatively young) and Haris based on a couple series. I wonder what their true intentions are for Pak Cricket.

Anyways, we need to be patient and stop these knee jerk reactions when rating these new players. We need to give them time to grow and acclimate to international cricket before labeling these players as failures.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    If he's been poor, then how about the other more experienced pace-bowlers, how bad have they been?

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor first over, concedes 16. All over the place, a no-ball as well. Just closes his eyes and bowls as fast as he can. Got to do better

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Terrible first over. 16 runs including a beamer. Hasnain should've played over him.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    A player with jazba and daleri. Give me that over dossile cricketers always.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its ok, only one over, Rolf can come back from this.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    A player with jazba and daleri. Give me that over dossile cricketers always.
    This reminds me of Hawkeye talking about bringing all this when Misbah was appointed CS and HC.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just thinking Shaheen is bowling well today , which means someone else in the Pakistani attack has to take on the responsibility of ‘bowling rubbish’ to keep the tradition alive - Haris Rauf looks like he’s volunteered for that role, based on the first over.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    I was just thinking Shaheen is bowling well today , which means someone else in the Pakistani attack has to take on the responsibility of ‘bowling rubbish’ to keep the tradition alive - Haris Rauf looks like he’s volunteered for that role, based on the first over.
    Very good point.

Very rarely do we see a complete bowling performance from Pakistan these days, there is always someone who lets the team down.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    This reminds me of Hawkeye talking about bringing all this when Misbah was appointed CS and HC.
    We saw him in Brisbane Greats weeks where he was breathing out fire. He even looks like Drocon.

Always backing him and Wabby.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Great fight back from the sher

He's winning it for Pakistan

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thinks hes back to his best.. 92.2 mph and dead straight.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rauf is a massive talent

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Its ok, only one over, Rolf can come back from this.
    Yep, it was far too early to judge. Bhaijaan saw this also.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Great fight back from the sher

He's winning it for Pakistan
    Unless Moeen "Saeed Anwar" Ali has a say.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haris Rauf's learning curve is pretty flat. Does the same thing over and over.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    780 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should persist with him. He can single handedly win matches.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowled a match winning final over. Pakistan have unearthed another gem.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent last delievry,bowling yorkers on will VICTORY.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRyan10 View Post
    Most would've defended 17.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRyan10 View Post
    Dude that was defending 17 runs against no 9 and no 10

He did bowl really well in his second over though

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    818 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Real hero of this bowling performance was Wahab Riaz not Haris Rauf.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He took out banton single handedly. Wasn't a catch, wasn't an edge, it was a beautiful delivery which trapped him in front of the stumps.

Arguably the most valuable wicket of the match.

He needs to sort his run up but otherwise he has good potential. He needs more 50 over cricket.

That slow ball in the last over shows he thinks on his feet, poorly executed but with 12 runs to play with in 2 balls why wouldn't you take a risk..

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Would Hasnain really do worse? Would like to see him play again in the next series. Haris has been okay though, bowled well to dismiss Banton, and then tried to do too many things afterwards with the cross seamers and slower balls.
    Last edited by angrypathan; 2nd September 2020 at 02:17.