Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needs to check his attitude. Got smacked for 6 by a tail ender.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He did very wrong with Babar.

Should be nowhere around the team.

What has he achieved in his mediocre career?

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Needs to stop bowling those half trackers. They come out at 135 kph and it’s only ever hip height.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Still looks raw which's to be expected given he hasn't a huge amount of hard ball experience. He needs to play more FC cricket to learn how to set up batsmen, improve his accuracy and how to bowl in different situations.

Wasim is fuming that with 12 runs needed off the last 2 balls, Rauf bowled a slower ball which Curran easily dispatched.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    A brainless bowling machine.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boot him from the tea. Thinks he is the reincarnation of Wasim.

Debut
    May 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasn't shown us much till now but I guess we ought to give him some time. Needs to develop some consistency in being able to bowl Yorkers and cut down on the hit me balls.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an absolute idiotic decision to bowl a long-hop slower delivery to a tail-ender, outside off, while the field was set up for wicket-to-wicket bowling.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rauf has match winning potential. He did get the most important wicket today trapping Banton in front. That was key.
    He can be inconsistent though so there will be matches where he loses the plot but that needs be tolerated as long as he can have more good days than bad ones.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His reaction to Babar's aggression was pathetic. He was bowling filth and Babar rightly wasnt happy. Forget about improving his skills he first needs to first improve his attitude he wants to play for Pak for sometime. Showing attitude to Babar who already has a big stature in Pakistan cricket and which is only gonna grow was an example of shooting yourself in the foot.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Needs to sort out his attitude. You canít behave like that to your captain, that was seriously annoying.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed with the reactions here towards his behaviour at the end. Im a big fan but that certainly wasnt on. You cant behave like that on camera with your captain. unacceptable.

I think weve seen glimpses in the past as well that he can lose the plot at times. That incident with the Aussie player in PSL last year(forgot his name) when he was doing the "you cant see me" thing and then a couple of times later too when he got way too confrontational on field.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He bowled a really good last over, apart from the slower ball. Also, it's not a great idea to use him in the Powerplay. Melbourne Stars learned this, so why hasn't Pakistan?

He'll learn from this series. He's bowled some great deliveries and some really poor deliveries. He'll have plenty of time to rectify his issues and hopefully, he'll be back for the next series.

He should, however, definitely treat his captain with respect. It's not only going to look bad for Rauf, but it will turn a lot of people against him.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Why are we picking tape ball bowlers in international cricket? This is shambolic stuff.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    BBL is garbage. It is one of the worst T20 leagues around.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Why are we picking tape ball bowlers in international cricket? This is shambolic stuff.
    In case you haven't noticed, a lot of our bowlers emerged from tape ball cricket.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    His reaction to Babar's aggression was pathetic. He was bowling filth and Babar rightly wasnt happy. Forget about improving his skills he first needs to first improve his attitude he wants to play for Pak for sometime. Showing attitude to Babar who already has a big stature in Pakistan cricket and which is only gonna grow was an example of shooting yourself in the foot.
    Perhaps Babar could have handled it in a better way. The other guy at crease isn't there just to hand victory to the opposition, he's out there trying to win it for his team also.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor attitude on the field. I absolutely hate when these mediocre bowlers show attitude. Look, Shoaib had a lot of attitude but he was SHOAIB AKHTAR. Who is this guy? Just an erratic spray machine.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Perhaps Babar could have handled it in a better way. The other guy at crease isn't there just to hand victory to the opposition, he's out there trying to win it for his team also.
    I totally get it but, there was no point of bowling a short slower ball when you are defending 12 off 2.

Irrespective of Babar's questions towards him, he should have respected his captain.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sohail Tanvir did okish at int. T20s...

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bizenjo View Post
    In case you haven't noticed, a lot of our bowlers emerged from tape ball cricket.
    In case you haven’t noticed, they need to prove themselves in FC cricket first.

Haris Rauf has only played 3 FC matches and yet he is in the Pakistan team. It is a complete joke.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Exactly.

We throw the players under the bus for not showing passion and now throw them under the bus for showing passion.

Nothing wrong with his reaction. Nothing wrong with a slower delivery too. Finally get a bowler who is mot scared to bowl a slower delivery and thanks to Wasim and Babars reactions it will be another decade before any bowler attempts this again!

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Sohail Tanvir did okish at int. T20s...
    He also had a significant FC career.

Haris Rauf has only played 3 FC matches.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haris Rauf has only played 3 FC matches and yet he is in the Pakistan team. It is a complete joke.
    He has had a great season in the BBL hence his inclusion in a t20 team.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenpachi View Post
    He has had a great season in the BBL hence his inclusion in a t20 team.
    But it is not the right thing to do. BBL is a nonsense league.

IPL is the only league that should directly influence international selection because it is of a higher standard than bilateral T20I cricket.

Haris Rauf is just a tape ball hack with 3 FC matches and a flop PSL behind his back.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4740 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)

IPL is the only league that should directly influence international selection because it is of a higher standard than bilateral T20I cricket.

Haris Rauf is just a tape ball hack with 3 FC matches and a flop PSL behind his back.
    BBL is not a nonsense league, which adds to the mystery of Rauf bowling well over there. He is the worst prospect I have ever seen since Jade Derback

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ipl has 0 pakistani players so that's currently impossible.

Domestic t20/Psl, English t20 and bbl should be the core sector for t20 recruitment. Ipl if Pakistani players get to play.

We should take a leaf out of Englands book and start at 3 wholly unique squads for t20, ODI and test match cricket respectively.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Needs to emulate Wahab with greater control. There is talent there for sure. Was pathetic how Babar tried to put him down in tne end ams was rightfully put in his place.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hasnain has played 2 FC matches.
    Haider has played 8 FC matches.
    Musa has played 9 FC matches.
    Yet you only moan about Haris Rauf.

Besides, David Warner got called up BEFORE he played a FC match, proving that FC isn't everything.

Your point is redundant.

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Needs to apologize publicly otherwise boot him out of team for a few games that was pathetic attitude, you can't behave like that with your captain especially when he's the best player of the team.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    BBL is not a nonsense league, which adds to the mystery of Rauf bowling well over there. He is the worst prospect I have ever seen since Jade Derback
    Mohammad Musa and Mohammad Hasnain are much worse in my opinion.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Is it a mystery or is it just a mystery to you?

Everyone is forgetting Old Trafford has a par score of 160 runs. The pitches during thus tour were dead hence the average innings score 190.

Pace bowlers had very little to work on so it is unfair to judge them based on this tour alone.

Like i said, you perform well in a domestic league ans you should be called up. Meritocracy should always prevail.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not which matches posters here have been watching it such an inexperienced bowler he has bowled well, and that too in crunch situations. As earlier poster said the other team is here to win the match too. He wanted to outfox the batsman with slower one, which shows he is not a hack as some claim him to be, or bowling machine.
    Last edited by PakPremi; 2nd September 2020 at 02:56.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4740 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Is it a mystery or is it just a mystery to you?

Everyone is forgetting Old Trafford has a par score of 160 runs. The pitches during thus tour were dead hence the average innings score 190.

Pace bowlers had very little to work on so it is unfair to judge them based on this tour alone.

Like i said, you perform well in a domestic league ans you should be called up. Meritocracy should always prevail.
    It wasn't an easy pitch to bowl on that is overlooked I agree but the guy bowled dross in the 2 games I saw him and is god awful at this stage in my view and especially as far as his cricket IQ is concerned, there might be some potential there if he uses his brain more so perhaps he can get another look but as an England fan we have much better bowlers in division 2 so perhaps my standards are way higher I guess

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel that he looks very angry, which is good sometimes but not all the time. Needs to be smart too, just has to look at Wahab for inspiration.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan need a better bowling coach with Bio metric team. His Run needs huge improvement.

He does have lot of potential. Babar has to really learn to control his emotions as captain

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He bowled well in the 3rd T20. But the way he reacted to Babar he must be reprimanded. No one should be mouthing off the captain..sets the wrong precedent.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Think he is average at best so far.

He also doesnt want to play in FC cricket and has said in the past that PSL is enough for him to get selected which shows you the mindset.

The way he mouthed off against Babar in the final over was not good to see at all.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Besides, David Warner got called up BEFORE he played a FC match, proving that FC isn't everything.

Your point is redundant.
    How old is Haris Rauf in comparison to them?

Also Haris Rauf has said on record that he doesnt want to play FC insinuating that he considers it futile. Have the others said it too?

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bowler with lousy runup, no proper cricket even decent club cricket behind him until recently , no bowling skill which can only be learnt by playing FC cricket , how far can he go.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I said it 10 months ago that he wonít be a top, top bowler. Happy that heís literally made a career for himself out of nothing because of it wasnít for LQ he wouldnít even be in cricket. But he wonít be a huge hit at international leve and I said that even during the BBL. Doesnít mean he canít do a good job tho. Same for Naseem Shah.

Problem with our fans is that they want these bowlers to have careers and figures of Waqar Younis and Malcolm Marshall while in actuality their ceiling is Umar Gul in a best case scenario.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    IMO Babar over reacted to his bowler getting it wrong. It would really annoy any bowler and put him under severe pressure.

Babar is a great player but it doesn’t mean that his reaction to upcoming Rauf was warranted. The man looked like he was going to lose the game on that last ball.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Really needs to fix up his control. Seems to bowl a beamer every game. Bowled one each in the last 2 games and I remember him bowling a couple in the PSL as well.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    IMO Babar over reacted to his bowler getting it wrong. It would really annoy any bowler and put him under severe pressure.

Babar is a great player but it doesn’t mean that his reaction to upcoming Rauf was warranted. The man looked like he was going to lose the game on that last ball.
    Haris doesnít have a great attitude.

Even in Australia he got bad press due to his attitude and exaggerated send offs with throat slitting signals

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly.

We throw the players under the bus for not showing passion and now throw them under the bus for showing passion.

Nothing wrong with his reaction. Nothing wrong with a slower delivery too. Finally get a bowler who is mot scared to bowl a slower delivery and thanks to Wasim and Babars reactions it will be another decade before any bowler attempts this again!
    Passion is good as far as its to perform well and to show intent to opposition. I love bit of personality and bit of talk and eye contact with the opposition with in the spirit of the game. However, passion to show attitude to captain when you have gone for 40 in 4 overs is not ideal in my opinion.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a very common reaction for most captains however what Haris did wasnt a very common reaction by a newbie who conceded 40 in his 4 overs.

Irrespective of who was wrong considering stature of Babar in Pakistan cricket its pretty obvious if Haris doesnt control his emotions towards his own team mates especially the captain he wont last long.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Really needs to fix up his control. Seems to bowl a beamer every game. Bowled one each in the last 2 games and I remember him bowling a couple in the PSL as well.
    Agreed. Too many poor short balls and beamers in this series. Needs to work hard on his fitness and game.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    At the end we won because of wahab. This tape ball bowler is a joke.

Just because he played in australia he thinkks he can disrespect his bowlers. This guy hasnt even played 10 international matches and he behaves that way with his captain. He got lucky he was bowling to tailenders and could had lost the match.

Hope babar azam throws him out of the team. You cant behave like that with your captan

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just rewatched the footage as I was confused about the reactions here - hadnít particularly noticed anything the first time I watched.

In short, you people are over reacting fantastically. Babar scolded him and rightly so, and Rauf didnít really seem aggressive at all towards Babar in response. Just seemed to be holding his ground and explaining what he had attempted to do (which I expect from anyone who is not meek). He definitely didnít come across as questioning Babarís authority - in fact, as everyone was walking off, him and Babar were walking together side by side and he was discussing in a relatively calm manner while it was actually Babar who was fired up.

All in all, this is good. Babar is beginning to exert his authority as captain - itís important to show your players you mean business and youíre monitoring their every ball. Cameras be damned, god bless Babar who has proved me wrong - I didnít think he had it in him.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Performance-wise, I am generally satisfied. He could have been smarter with the yorkers and sprinkled in a good bouncer or two - that being said, he showed good pace and decent control barring a loose ball or two.

Heís not looking a million dollars, but he needs experience and lots more balls under his belt which this upcoming domestic season can fix if he takes it seriously. I donít consider him a finished product. Neither should any of the posters over here.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Performance-wise, I am generally satisfied. He could have been smarter with the yorkers and sprinkled in a good bouncer or two - that being said, he showed good pace and decent control barring a loose ball or two.

He’s not looking a million dollars, but he needs experience and lots more balls under his belt which this upcoming domestic season can fix if he takes it seriously. I don’t consider him a finished product. Neither should any of the posters over here.
    He's been kinda hot and cold with his overs this series, like leaking runs in one over and then bowling very well in another. But yes I agree he should be persisted with as I too think he's not a finished product. He also has competition with Hasnain as if Haris doesn't put up good performances down the road, then Hasnain could potentially take his spot assuming he grabs his opportunity with both hands.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamPak95 View Post
    He's been kinda hot and cold with his overs this series, like leaking runs in one over and then bowling very well in another. But yes I agree he should be persisted with as I too think he's not a finished product. He also has competition with Hasnain as if Haris doesn't put up good performances down the road, then Hasnain could potentially take his spot assuming he grabs his opportunity with both hands.
    Exactly. I enjoy this competition as it means Hasnain for example will be working really, really hard to up his pace as well as develop better yorkers just to compete with Haris. This kind of pressure might just make Hasnain push himself from the average bowler he currently is to something better.

Donít forget Naseem also waiting in the wings!

Once Wahab and Amir retire, Pakistan is potentially looking at an attack of:

New ball:
    Shaheen
    Naseem

Middle overs:
    Naseem
    Hasnain
    Rauf

Death:
    Shaheen
    Rauf
    Last edited by Thunderbolt14; 2nd September 2020 at 07:46.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. I enjoy this competition as it means Hasnain for example will be working really, really hard to up his pace as well as develop better yorkers just to compete with Haris. This kind of pressure might just make Hasnain push himself from the average bowler he currently is to something better.

Don’t forget Naseem also waiting in the wings!

Once Wahab and Amir retire, Pakistan is potentially looking at an attack of:

New ball:
    Shaheen
    Naseem

Middle overs:
    Naseem
    Hasnain
    Rauf

Death:
    Shaheen
    Rauf
    Yep, potential is high for Pakistani T20 bowling. Now, if Shadab can land the ball consistently at a good area (and decrease the number of hit-me balls) and potentially throw in another proper spinner, then who knows how far this bowling attack could go in world cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    WASIM AKRAM is delighted at Pakistan's victory - but befuddled at Rauf's thinking when England needed two sixes from two balls to win!

"It’s a huge win for Pakistan, Babar Azam as a captain and Misbah as a coach. One question I have, though, is if the opposition needs 12 from two balls what do you bowl? A yorker! Why would you bowl a slower ball and risk it! I don’t get that mindset! Just bowl low full tosses, man!"

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He got the key wicket of Banton today. At this point, i think he is a good T-20 option for us.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Pakistan was desperate for a solitary win on this tour and Rauf unnecessary almost messed it up. These things happen on the field for e.g. the Sarfaraz Hassan Ali incident. Both players should learn from this and move on.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Haris Rauf actually did better in the domestic First Class competition last year than Musa Khan and Imran Khan.

Yet Misbah took them on tour to Australia, where they bombed out totally, while Haris Rauf became a superstar in the BBL and completely overshadowed his team-mate Dale Steyn.

Haris Rauf has that pace and accuracy which makes him a potential matchwinner in EVERY format. And in terms of age:

1. He is 1 year and 4 months older than Jofra Archer - who made his Test debut 13 months ago.
    2. He is 6 months older than Curtly Ambrose was when he made his Test debut.

Yes, he has only played 3 First Class matches. So exactly the same as Wasim Akram when he debuted in Tests, and 2 matches fewer than Shaheen Shah Afridi had. But he has a more mature body than they did, and is already much more accurate and controlled, with more repeatability to his action.

Haris Rauf is a potential Test matchwinner. To be honest, I'd rather start a 26 year old in Tests who has only bowled 2,000 balls in his career across every format than a guy like Archer who had bowled 8,000 at the time. His body is mature and he's not going to wear out.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Oh, and another thing...ÖÖ

Everybody accepts Kyle Jamieson as the Great White Hope in New Zealand, the talented youngster who has just made his Test debut, and has 2 Tests under his belt.

He is 1 year and 1 month younger than Haris Rauf. That's all. (And he had only played 25 First Class matches when he debuted, so the difference is like 1 season of county cricket).

So in terms of age there is nothing really to separate:

Jofra Archer
    Kyle Jamieson
    Haris Rauf

Just pick him in every format. He's fast, he's accurate and he's mature without being old!

Nobody else picks teenagers. Being older than Naseem/Shaheen/Musa isn't automatically a bad thing.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)

Your point is redundant.
    David Warner is an exception and he showed his remarkable talent right from the first game where he smashed South Africa all over the park in a T20 match.

But that is not a recipe for success - you keep picking players without FC experience or credentials and it will not work 9/10 times.

Musa is garbage as well and I am not moaning about him because we didnít pick him.

This is what Pakistani fans donít understand ever since the emergence of PSL - it is extremely unlikely for a player to be a top international performer without the skills picked up in FC cricket.

We need to learn from India - IPL is 100x better than PSL, but how many players have India fast-tracked from IPL without success in Ranji?

Indiaís two brightest batting talents - Shaw and Gill - would not have been given chances at the international level if they werenít averaging 70+ and 60+ in Ranji cricket.

It is not just about FC experience but also FC success. We pick Musa who is a failure in FC cricket and yet expect him to do well in Australia of all places.

Haris Rauf has only played 3 FC matches, he has also failed with flying colors in those 3 matches, but we have ignored that and fast-tracked because he did well in BBL. That is ridiculous.

Core cricket skills are learned in FC cricket, and if you have the ability, you will translate these skills into white ball cricket. However, the reverse doesnít really happen, at least not consistently.

Haider averages 46 in FC cricket. He can bat and he has showed it every level that he has played at so far. Nevertheless, in order for him to fulfill his potential, he needs to make FC cricket his priority over PSL.

That is what someone like Shadab has done and he has only regressed as a bowler over the last 3 years.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    David Warner is an exception and he showed his remarkable talent right from the first game where he smashed South Africa all over the park in a T20 match.

But that is not a recipe for success - you keep picking players without FC experience or credentials and it will not work 9/10 times.

Musa is garbage as well and I am not moaning about him because we didnít pick him.

This is what Pakistani fans donít understand ever since the emergence of PSL - it is extremely unlikely for a player to be a top international performer without the skills picked up in FC cricket.

We need to learn from India - IPL is 100x better than PSL, but how many players have India fast-tracked from IPL without success in Ranji?

Indiaís two brightest batting talents - Shaw and Gill - would not have been given chances at the international level if they werenít averaging 70+ and 60+ in Ranji cricket.

It is not just about FC experience but also FC success. We pick Musa who is a failure in FC cricket and yet expect him to do well in Australia of all places.

Haris Rauf has only played 3 FC matches, he has also failed with flying colors in those 3 matches, but we have ignored that and fast-tracked because he did well in BBL. That is ridiculous.

Core cricket skills are learned in FC cricket, and if you have the ability, you will translate these skills into white ball cricket. However, the reverse doesnít really happen, at least not consistently.

Haider averages 46 in FC cricket. He can bat and he has showed it every level that he has played at so far. Nevertheless, in order for him to fulfill his potential, he needs to make FC cricket his priority over PSL.

That is what someone like Shadab has done and he has only regressed as a bowler over the last 3 years.
    Great post. Agree with everything. PSL will only give us hit and miss players. And destroy the ones with actual skill set too if FC cricket isnít prioritized as means of selection

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Haris doesnít have a great attitude.

Even in Australia he got bad press due to his attitude and exaggerated send offs with throat slitting signals
    Not defending Haris, as that delivery itself was filthy, let alone his bust-up later.

But its interesting how Pakistan fans want to move away from Misbah's meek tendencies, and yet villify the lads who actually show some aggression from time to time. Happened to Imam last year, will happen to Haris this year. No wonder our players are a bunch of choohays

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deceptively fast pie chucker

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Haris Rauf actually did better in the domestic First Class competition last year than Musa Khan and Imran Khan.

Yet Misbah took them on tour to Australia, where they bombed out totally, while Haris Rauf became a superstar in the BBL and completely overshadowed his team-mate Dale Steyn.

Haris Rauf has that pace and accuracy which makes him a potential matchwinner in EVERY format. And in terms of age:

1. He is 1 year and 4 months older than Jofra Archer - who made his Test debut 13 months ago.
    2. He is 6 months older than Curtly Ambrose was when he made his Test debut.

Yes, he has only played 3 First Class matches. So exactly the same as Wasim Akram when he debuted in Tests, and 2 matches fewer than Shaheen Shah Afridi had. But he has a more mature body than they did, and is already much more accurate and controlled, with more repeatability to his action.

Haris Rauf is a potential Test matchwinner. To be honest, I'd rather start a 26 year old in Tests who has only bowled 2,000 balls in his career across every format than a guy like Archer who had bowled 8,000 at the time. His body is mature and he's not going to wear out.
    Haris Rauf is only 5'11". How many sub 6 feet bowlers do you really want playing test match cricket for Pakistan. They already have Naseem

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just needs to bowl full and straight, and throw in a few bouncers on fast pitches. Won't be easy to hit that way. Bowling slower balls and waist-high short balls is asking for trouble, and his are completely ineffective.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just rewatched the footage as I was confused about the reactions here - hadnít particularly noticed anything the first time I watched.

In short, you people are over reacting fantastically. Babar scolded him and rightly so, and Rauf didnít really seem aggressive at all towards Babar in response. Just seemed to be holding his ground and explaining what he had attempted to do (which I expect from anyone who is not meek). He definitely didnít come across as questioning Babarís authority - in fact, as everyone was walking off, him and Babar were walking together side by side and he was discussing in a relatively calm manner while it was actually Babar who was fired up.

All in all, this is good. Babar is beginning to exert his authority as captain - itís important to show your players you mean business and youíre monitoring their every ball. Cameras be damned, god bless Babar who has proved me wrong - I didnít think he had it in him.
    https://youtu.be/ujEac8VsX_c

A part from that SIX pretty decent last over on a flat pitch, full length yorkers. And he was explaining to Babar that he tried a slower delievry

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Haris needs a lot of work tbh and he needs to heed anything Waqar says. Haris is all of over the place and needs to establish more control. So far I am not impressed with his Intl. career.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lost respect on him.
    showing his tantrums, captain cant entertain these kind of players.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Kohli View Post
    I lost respect on him.
    showing his tantrums, captain cant entertain these kind of players.
    Only that he did not. He just explained his line of thinking bowling that ball, no tantrum.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Extremely overrated. Nothing special about him, Hasnain or Naseem Shah. But because they are young and have a bit of pace, they will be hyped to the moon by our fans.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Musa is garbage as well and I am not moaning about him because we didn’t pick him.

This is what Pakistani fans don’t understand ever since the emergence of PSL - it is extremely unlikely for a player to be a top international performer without the skills picked up in FC cricket.

India’s two brightest batting talents - Shaw and Gill - would not have been given chances at the international level if they weren’t averaging 70+ and 60+ in Ranji cricket.

Core cricket skills are learned in FC cricket, and if you have the ability, you will translate these skills into white ball cricket. However, the reverse doesn’t really happen, at least not consistently.

Totally agree.

FC cricket is the only thing which can develop you basics as a cricketer. Even if you have found a talent next thing would be to ask the region to give that talent all the 4day games rather than playing him for Pakistan straight away. If I am not wrong Shaheen, Naseem, Shadab dont even have 10-12 QAE matches between them. This is something which needs to improve for better development of players and having decent composure before playing for Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let’s face it, in most other internatijal teams if a bowler behaved that way to the captain they would not play again for a period. Can you really imagine Archer or Wood behaving like that to Morgan and getting away with it ?
    Disappointing that apologists try to belittle the issue.
    It is a reflection of team discipline.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think there is a misconception amongst pak bowlers and pak fans that be sheer pace (around 88-90mph) you can beat modern batsmen. Haris appears to be in this mould very much like an older wahab. With big bats slow pitches good too order batsmen are now easily able to tackle fast bowling. Express 92mph is something different.

The problem is well disguised slower balls, good field placings and understanding your own game plans. Haris will learn in time. Wahab unfortunately is still running on the red zone. Donít know what it is with this guy.

Debut
    Jun 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its hard to believe that Pakistan fans are picking on every lil things and advising x y z should do this,that etc. Nothing wrong with his behavior, it was more a celebratory gesture, babars reaction was also normal.
    App logun ko huva kya ha, saree koem ko logun ko suggestions aur advices ki lat lagee ha. Taar thoda chill.Cricket hi ha, koi jannat jahnum ka mamla nhi ki yeah hona chahiye ya wo hona chahiye.

Debut
    Jun 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its hard to believe that Pakistan fans are picking on every lil things and advising x y z should do this,that etc. Nothing wrong with his behavior, it was more a celebratory gesture, babars reaction was also normal.
    App logun ko huva kya ha, saree koem ko logun ko suggestions aur advices dene ki lat lagee ha. Taar thoda chill.Cricket hi ha, koi jannat jahnum ka mamla nhi ki yeah hona chahiye ya wo hona chahiye.

Debut
    Jun 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was an absolute belter of a pitch, and on top of that Pakistan has struggled to reverse the ord ball throughout the tour mainly due to newer guidelines, they were trying variations and batsmen sometimes could figure it out. Nothing insane about that.

Harris bowled beautifully particularly that last ball was an absolute execution under pressure, had they just required even only two of that delivery they would have still lost.

Debut
    Jun 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weren't the people on this forum moaning about ridwan during first test when he came to the crease, that they don't can't imagine how rizwan can play in these conditions and how mediocre he is. Some of the cricket pundits here are absolutely crap.They better follow "gullee danda",

cricket is not about how someone appears, behaves etc it's about finding way to survive and deliver.

Debating cricket is fine but we shouldn't act as pundits and experts, and at last should better know our place.Pakistan cricket has the most passionate and the most dumb fans.

Sorry feeling bit too mad today, therefore a perfect atmosphere to say something that requires the mood.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_KING View Post
    Extremely overrated. Nothing special about him, Hasnain or Naseem Shah. But because they are young and have a bit of pace, they will be hyped to the moon by our fans.
    I fink only him and wahab should be in the team becouse both prefer to bowl after 10 overs

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Pakistan was desperate for a solitary win on this tour and Rauf unnecessary almost messed it up. These things happen on the field for e.g. the Sarfaraz Hassan Ali incident. Both players should learn from this and move on.
    I wouldnt make big issue about it tbh he bowled the wrong ball babar had a go rightly so rauf gave an answer back and bowled a beauty of a ball and rauf with passion showed abit of aggression I read nothing into it tbh

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just rewatched the footage as I was confused about the reactions here - hadn’t particularly noticed anything the first time I watched.

In short, you people are over reacting fantastically. Babar scolded him and rightly so, and Rauf didn’t really seem aggressive at all towards Babar in response. Just seemed to be holding his ground and explaining what he had attempted to do (which I expect from anyone who is not meek). He definitely didn’t come across as questioning Babar’s authority - in fact, as everyone was walking off, him and Babar were walking together side by side and he was discussing in a relatively calm manner while it was actually Babar who was fired up.

All in all, this is good. Babar is beginning to exert his authority as captain - it’s important to show your players you mean business and you’re monitoring their every ball. Cameras be damned, god bless Babar who has proved me wrong - I didn’t think he had it in him.
    I agree everyone should not read much into it both did thier jobs

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rauf looks like a bowler who needs to bowl in the last 10 overs with doesnt seem like a bowler who prefers to bowl with the new ball.

The incident with babar we shouldn't read much into it rightly so babar had a go with rauf then rauf responded brilliantly with the Yorker