Wisden Cricket Monthly

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 1,040 of 2059
  1. #961
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    4,417
    Mentioned
    523 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post



    Presumably there was a strong reason for the whole family to be tested? Since test kits are rather limited.
    "Contacts" of Saeed Ghani should get tested.

  2. #962
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    40,978
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  3. #963
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    40,978
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    All shops including grocery stores to remain shut from 8pm to 8am: Punjab CM

    Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar has directed that all shops in the province including grocery shops remain closed from 8pm to 8am starting from tomorrow.

    The chief minister has also ordered stricter checking of "coronavirus hotspots" in the province and identification and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for "sensitive areas".


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  4. #964
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  5. #965
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    40,978
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babar_the_Destroyer View Post



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  6. #966
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    126,221
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 793
Size:  61.1 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  7. #967
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    42,863
    Mentioned
    2004 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post



    Mein inko rolaonga

  8. #968
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,124
    Mentioned
    1749 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Bhai please everyone stay at home. Close all religious places. God gave you brains to think. So please think.

  9. #969
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    126,221
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Bhai please everyone stay at home. Close all religious places. God gave you brains to think. So please think.
    hear hear!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  10. #970
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    126,221
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  11. #971
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    126,221
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: Punjab has decided to let go almost 20,000 of its 46,000 prisoners amid the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus crisis, sources at the interior ministry informed Geo News on Friday, as jails in Pakistan remain overcrowded.

    Jail superintendents — who have reached out to the courts to approve the bail of prisoners handed sentences of seven years or less — took this step in light of special instructions, the sources said.

    Bail requests were also filed for prisoners jailed for petty crimes, as well as the elderly, or criminals over 60 years of age, the sources added. Further, those with sentences ranging from seven years to 25 were being determined on a case-by-case basis.

    In addition, bail requests were submitted for prisoners under trial for less serious crimes.

    Jails in dire straits

    Last week, the Islamabad High Court Chief Justice Athar Minullah had ordered for bails to be issued for prisoners facing trial for minor crimes in order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. He made the decision while hearing a case of 1,362 incarcerated prisoners.

    Related: IHC orders release of low-risk prisoners over coronavirus scare

    Islamabad Deputy Commissioner Hamza Shafqaat had assured the court that no prisoner held at Adiala Jail was infected with the coronavirus. However, Justice Minallah was worried given that the coronavirus outbreak worsened in China after it spread among prisoners.

    The top IHC judge had noted how prisons in Pakistan were in dire straits and that the situation would get out of control if any prisoner became infected.

    The court had also ordered the release of suspects currently in police custody.

    Similar measures are being taken around the world. Afghanistan on March 26 announced the release of nearly 10,000 prisoners — mostly women, juveniles, and sick people — in an attempt to curb the spread of coronavirus as the number of local cases rose and tens of thousands of Afghans returned from neighbouring Iran — one of the countries hit hardest by the pandemic.

    Afghan Attorney General Farid Hamidi had said President Ashraf Ghani's decree was directed at women, young offenders, critically-ill patients, and inmates aged over 55. "The decree is not for those who have committed crimes against national and international security," he cautioned.

    'Ticking time bombs'

    Separately, on March 17, US defense lawyers had compared crowded jails to "ticking time bombs” and urged law enforcement officials to release more defendants on bail as they awaited trial — an approach that has already been adopted by San Francisco and Philadelphia.

    The Federal Defenders of New York — which represents defendants who cannot afford a lawyer — had written in a letter that prosecutors should not engage in "business as usual” when deciding whether to recommend jail for defendants awaiting trial.

    "Absent extraordinary circumstances, namely cases that involve an imminent threat of violence, it does not advance public safety to add more people to our local jails,” the organization’s director, David Patton, had said in the letter to federal judges and prosecutors in Manhattan and Brooklyn.

    “I truly believe the jails are ticking time bombs,” Patton had said, telling Reuters that his office had filed several motions asking that incarcerated defendants be released because of the coronavirus.

    https://www.geo.tv/latest/279491-pun...-scare-sources


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  12. #972
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    2,618
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now there are 3 confirmed cases in Kohat, and i can share reports of 2 patients, and shockingly both are young even one of them is 19 yrs old.

    Reason, they attended a tableeghi jummat and from they got this virus
    @DRsohail @Syed1

    Attachment 100209

    Attachment 100210
    Last edited by Hermoine Green; 27th March 2020 at 22:18.

  13. #973
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    2,618
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  14. #974
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    8,934
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermoine Green View Post
    Now there are 3 confirmed cases in Kohat, and i can share reports of 2 patients, and shockingly both are young even one of them is 19 yrs old.

    Reason, they attended a tableeghi jummat and from they got this virus
    @DRsohail @Syed1

    Attachment 100209

    Attachment 100210
    Oh My God thablegh waalay hameen doob denngay.....

  15. #975
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    8,934
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    KARACHI/LAHORE/ISLAMABAD/QUETTA/PESHAWAR: All around Pakistan, people have come out to balconies, rooftops, parks, and other public places, waving white flags to honour the doctors, nurses, and paramedics ó the nation's heroes ó battling the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

    Singing and swaying to the tune of musician Jawad Ahmed's "Humay Tumsay Pyar Hai [We Love You]" at 6pm, people raised their flags to pay tribute to the medics who are working tirelessly throughout day and night to fight the pandemic, which has so far killed 25,000 individuals around the world since December 2019.

    More than 552,000 declared virus cases have been registered in 199 countries and territories.

    Doctors and other paramedic staff have been at the forefront of the fight against the virus, which has infected over a 1,000 people in Pakistan.

    https://www.geo.tv/latest/279499-whi...us-in-pakistan

    Good way to energize us.Goose bumps here really @Bewal Express .

  16. #976
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    8,934
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Lets see what comes out but my due hate for lefafaa wll be there.

  17. #977
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    40,978
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    60 Pakistanis stuck at Bangkok airport to be flown home tomorrow: ministry

    60 Pakistani nationals who are stuck at Bangkok airport in Thailand will be brought home tomorrow via a special flight, the Ministry of Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development has announced.

    "All possible assistance is being extended to Pakistanis stranded abroad," said Zulfi Bukhari, special assistant to the prime minister.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  18. #978
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    17,912
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    Good way to energize us.Goose bumps here really @Bewal Express .
    May Allah bless you all, the heroes of PK.

  19. #979
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    4,417
    Mentioned
    523 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A foreign news channel ran a ticker saying "Pak PM" Imran Khan has tested +ve for corona.
    The channel actually wanted to write "UK PM".

  20. #980
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    5,151
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUHdApCW...g&name=240x240

    https://twitter.com/SAfridiOfficial/...395904/photo/2

    https://twitter.com/SAfridiOfficial/...395904/photo/3

    no offense but should this be allowed?
    I know he is trying to help people but is not we all suppose to be in our homes? Yet people complain about Mulana and tabligghi jammat.

  21. #981
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    3,971
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Coronavirus cases in Punjab now 490
    D G Khan quarantine (Iran returnees): 207
    Multan quarantine 46
    Lhr 115
    Gujrat 48
    Gujranwala 9
    Jhelum 19
    Rwp 14
    Multan 3
    Fsd 10
    DG Khan 5
    Mandi Bahauddin 3
    Sargodha 2
    Nankana Sahib 2
    Mianwali 2
    Narowal, RYK, Attock, Bahawalnagar & Khushab 1 each

  22. #982
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    76,087
    Mentioned
    1849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Pakistani courts have ordered the release of more than 1,200 prisoners as they seek to relieve pressure on overcrowded jails during the coronavirus outbreak.

    The Islamabad High Court has ordered officials to screen and release 408 inmates, who are currently awaiting trial for less severe offences.

    They are all currently housed in Rawalpindi’s Adyala Jail, which has an authorised occupancy of 2,174 individuals but is currently housing 5,001.

    Sindh High Court has also ordered the release of 829 on-trial prisoners held in various jails of the province, and set up a committee to make sure no dangerous criminals get released in the process.

    Neighbouring India earlier announced it was planning to release 14,000 prisoners.



  23. #983
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    29,339
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    All shops including grocery stores to remain shut from 8pm to 8am: Punjab CM

    Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar has directed that all shops in the province including grocery shops remain closed from 8pm to 8am starting from tomorrow.

    The chief minister has also ordered stricter checking of "coronavirus hotspots" in the province and identification and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for "sensitive areas".

    That makes no sense at all. Why close at night time hrs?


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  24. #984
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    49
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should increase the hours so that more people could shop in the odd hours to avoid crowds. Also set separate hours for old and vulnerable so that they could buy essentials in peace. Probably too much to ask.

  25. #985
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    126,221
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Name:  Screenshot_20200328-085342_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  106.9 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  26. #986
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    126,221
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    16 new coronavirus cases have been reported in Gilgit Baltistan, while 12 have been reported in Islamabad.

    The government's official dashboard for coronavirus also reported that two more people have recovered from the virus.

    This takes Pakistan's total tally to 1391.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  27. #987
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    126,221
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Punjab, which saw a huge spike in cases yesterday, has reported 7 new cases of coronavirus.

    The new cases take the provincial tally to 497 and Pakistan's total tally to 1398.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  28. #988
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    40,978
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Foreign minister arrives at Islamabad airport to receive Chinese doctors

    Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi arrived at Islamabad airport to receive the team of Chinese medical experts.

    He said China has once again shown the world that they are friends of Pakistan.

    “I am here to receive the medical team and we are grateful to China. This is a unique relationship. And such times tell us how close we are to each other,” he said.



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  29. #989
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    8,934
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    پشاور میں افسوسناک واقعہ

    ‏‏خدا کا واسطہ ہے ڈاکٹروں کے ساتھ جھوٹ نا بولا کریں۔
    پشاور Hayatabad ہسپتال میں ایک مریض نے ڈاکٹر سے جھوٹ بولا کہ اسکی باہر سے آنے کی کوئی ہسٹری نہیں ہے اور دل کے وارڈ میں داخل ہوگیا۔ گھر والوں نے بھی عمرہ چھپایا۔ جب مریض فوت ہوا تب حقیقت بتائی اور اب پورا وارڈ قرنطینیہ میں ہے ۔۔۔

    ‏ابتدائی اطلاعات کے مطابق اسی مریض کی رپورٹ مثبت آ چکی ہیں۔ اگر وہ مریض عمرہ کا بتاتا تو ڈاکٹر تشخیص بھی درست کرتے اور وہ مریض کسی کے لئے خطرہ بھی نا بنتا۔ شاید جان بھی بچ جاتی۔ ڈاکٹر آپ کی ہی مدد کیلئے ہیں۔۔۔

  30. #990
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    126,221
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)


    People practise social distancing while awaiting turn at supermarket in Karachi


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  31. #991
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    126,221
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    پشاور میں افسوسناک واقعہ

    ‏‏خدا کا واسطہ ہے ڈاکٹروں کے ساتھ جھوٹ نا بولا کریں۔
    پشاور Hayatabad ہسپتال میں ایک مریض نے ڈاکٹر سے جھوٹ بولا کہ اسکی باہر سے آنے کی کوئی ہسٹری نہیں ہے اور دل کے وارڈ میں داخل ہوگیا۔ گھر والوں نے بھی عمرہ چھپایا۔ جب مریض فوت ہوا تب حقیقت بتائی اور اب پورا وارڈ قرنطینیہ میں ہے ۔۔۔

    ‏ابتدائی اطلاعات کے مطابق اسی مریض کی رپورٹ مثبت آ چکی ہیں۔ اگر وہ مریض عمرہ کا بتاتا تو ڈاکٹر تشخیص بھی درست کرتے اور وہ مریض کسی کے لئے خطرہ بھی نا بنتا۔ شاید جان بھی بچ جاتی۔ ڈاکٹر آپ کی ہی مدد کیلئے ہیں۔۔۔
    Rough English translation

    Sad incident in peshawar

    A patient in Peshawar Hayatabad hospital lied to the doctor that he has no history of travelling outside and entered a heart patients ward. The family also hid the fact that they had gone for umrah. When the patient died, and the truth was told - the whole ward is in quarantine.

    According to the initial information, the report of two doctors of the same ward has come positive. If the patient has told docs about Umrah, then the doctor would have done the diagnosis and that patient would not even be a risk for anyone. Perhaps he would have survived.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  32. #992
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    8,934
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And he is from lower dir village Talash.0

  33. #993
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    8,934
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole village is under quarantine now.0

  34. #994
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    40,978
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    17 new local transmission cases emerge in Karachi

    17 new coronavirus cases of local transmission have been reported from Karachi, taking Sindh's tally to 457.

    According to a spokesperson for the Sindh health department, Karachi so far has 181 cases of Covid-19 while 14 people in the province have recovered.

    https://www.dawn.com/live-blog/


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  35. #995
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    40,978
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    KP reports 4th death from coronavirus

    Adviser to the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa chief minister on information Ajmal Wazir has confirmed a fourth death from coronavirus in the province.

    The women belonged to the Lower Dir area and had recently returned from Umrah.

    Her village has been put under quarantine.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  36. #996
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    40,978
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Karachi police register FIRs, detain prayer leaders for violating restrictions

    Police in Karachi have registered 88 First Information Reports (FIRs) and detained at least 38 prayer leaders and mosque staff members across the city for violating the Sindh government's restrictions on congregational prayers.

    The FIRs were registered under Sections 186 (obstructing public servant in discharge of public functions), 188 (omission to assist public servant when bound by law to give assistance) and 269 (negligent act likely to spread infection of disease dangerous to life) of the Pakistan Penal Code and Section 4 of the Sindh Epidemic Disease Act, 2014.

    Among those booked were mosque members of the New Memon Masjid in Bolton Market and Baitul Salam Masjid in DHA.

    https://www.dawn.com/live-blog/


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  37. #997
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    40,978
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  38. #998
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    40,978
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  39. #999
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    126,221
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Pakistan reports its 12th death from coronavirus - the 5th in the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa - a woman in Lower Dir who had recently returned from Saudi Arabia where she had gone to perform Umra


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  40. #1000
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    3,971
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Police in Hyderabad have sealed the city headquarters of the Tableeghi Jamaat after one of its members tested positive for coronavirus


  41. #1001
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    76,087
    Mentioned
    1849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Seems like there is a lot of blame on outsiders bringing the virus into Pakistan?



  42. #1002
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    126,221
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Seems like there is a lot of blame on outsiders bringing the virus into Pakistan?
    PESHAWAR: Pakistani authorities were unable to trace a large number of people who recently returned from Saudi Arabia, according to documents seen by Geo TV. The development comes as coronavirus cases continue to rise across the country with more than 1,400 confirmed cases.

    According to official documents, 2,887 people were unaccounted for due to wrong data provided to the officials upon their return.

    The documents revealed that 5,182 people returned from the kingdom in recent days, however, only 2,295 were traceable based on the data.

    Authorities could not reach the remaining 2,887 people due to wrong entry of mobile/ contact numbers and addresses.

    Among the thousands that made their way back into the country, 43 tested positive for the coronavirus.

    The documents mentioned that those tracked are being screened for the virus.

    Following the mismanagement, Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Mahmood Khan directed Pakistanis who recently returned from Saudi Arabia to contact the provincial government.

    The helpline number is 1700 or the toll-free number is 080001700.

    The CM KP requested people to cooperate with the officials to fight against the coronavirus.

    https://www.geo.tv/latest/279655-cor...naccounted-for


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  43. #1003
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    126,221
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Pakistan's borders with India, Iran and Afghanistan will remain closed for two more weeks - flights will remain suspended until April 4: Special Assistant to the PM on National Security


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  44. #1004
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    76,087
    Mentioned
    1849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Pakistan’s coronavirus cases rise to 1,427

    Breakdown

    Punjab 497
    Sindh 469
    Islamabad 39
    Balochistan 133
    Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa 180
    AJK/Gilgit Baltistan 109



  45. #1005
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,907
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Seems like there is a lot of blame on outsiders bringing the virus into Pakistan?
    Since it's a new virus which originated in China it will always have been brought in from the "outside". Be they people returning from overseas visit or tourists. This is the case in the UK, Italy, Pakistan or any other country besides China.

  46. #1006
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    17,912
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Reports of the poor on the streets in Sindh because the lockdown wasn't planned properly. Where is Billo to explain what's happening in Sindh. I urge IK to work with the crooks of Sindh to stop people starving because the PPP will only feed its supporters.

  47. #1007
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    40,978
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  48. #1008
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    90
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sisters and brothers, i need to know some organization telephone number to contact for some ration for some relatives, they are white collared people, dont want to expose thre name infront of thre neighbours etc.

    i have called saylani welfare, they are asking too many question and details as if these are a normal days.
    people are in need of ration if someone can give me number of private organization like Hum Tv foundation or Shahid afridi foundation, so i can call them.

    waiting for reply.

  49. #1009
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    25,626
    Mentioned
    1340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Ive always said tableeghi jamaat are **** of the earth and this crisis has been a prime exhibition of why I think so.

    Donít even need to go into the family experience on jummah because thereís enough incidents on the news.

  50. #1010
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    4,417
    Mentioned
    523 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    Where did this happen? Pakistan?
    For re-confirmation, I'm trying to contact my colleague who was treating this patient. Will come back to this after talking to him.

  51. #1011
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    5,151
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Reports of the poor on the streets in Sindh because the lockdown wasn't planned properly. Where is Billo to explain what's happening in Sindh. I urge IK to work with the crooks of Sindh to stop people starving because the PPP will only feed its supporters.
    same thing is in punjb sir. my aunt is sick and medical store are closed, she can not get the medicine. who should we blame in punjab?

  52. #1012
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    17,912
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanisgreat View Post
    same thing is in punjb sir. my aunt is sick and medical store are closed, she can not get the medicine. who should we blame in punjab?
    The govt. You can't lockdown places without having a plan in place.

  53. #1013
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    40,978
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  54. #1014
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    126,221
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    KARACHI: Four doctors and related staff at the top hospitals of Karachi, including the Aga Khan University Hospital (AKUH) and the Liaquat National Hospital (LNH), have tested positive for COVID-19, reported The News on Saturday.

    Three employees of the AKUH, including a doctor, a radiologist, and a staff member, have contracted the coronavirus, compelling the hospital administration to suspend public testing of the virus. The hospital is now screening and testing AKUH doctors, paramedics, and staff for the virus.

    Similarly, a doctor working at the Radiology Department of LNH, who recently returned from a religious gathering in Raiwind, has also been tested positive for the virus, and put in isolation at his home, the hospital administration said.

    “Three of our staff members, including a surgeon, a radiologist, and another staff member, have contracted COVID-19. They acquired the virus from ordinary patients who were not showing symptoms of the infectious disease,” an official of the AKUH told The News on Friday.

    "Following the confirmation of the coronavirus infection among staff, especially those not dealing with suspected and confirmed virus cases, the hospital has suspended the screening and testing of COVID-19 at its main campus, and is focusing at testing the AKUH staff," the official said.

    “It is the community transmission of COVID-19 that resulted in infecting some of our staff members. Now an extensive screening of employees is underway, and dozens of AKUH staff have been put in isolation to contain the spread of the disease,” the official added.

    According to the official, every patient coming to the hospital is now being treated under the World Health Organization (WHO) and Center for Disease Control (CDC) protocols with regards to an epidemic. "Even doctors have been directed to take precautionary measures," he noted.

    The Aga Khan University Hospital was the first private sector healthcare facility in Sindh that started screening and testing for the coronavirus back in February 2020 while first COVID-19 patient, a 22-year-old man who had returned from Iran, was also tested positive and treated here.

    Sources within the hospital told The News that as many as 5-10 staff members had contracted the virus at the private health facility and by applying the contact tracing technique, the hospital administration has put around 150 people in isolation as a precautionary measure.

    "In view of the emergent situation, the AKUH administration has suspended screening and testing of coronavirus at the Community Health Center in the main campus, and taken the decision to introduce a home testing service for suspected virus patients," a spokesperson of the AKUH told The News on Friday.

    “We are establishing this service, and within a couple of days, people would be apprised of an access number where they can approach the testing service for collection of samples that would be tested at the labs and results conveyed online,” the spokesperson added.

    Furthermore, after some AKUH staff members tested positive for the COVID-19, the hospital administration has been rapidly converting a disease treatment center at Karimabad into a COVID-19 isolation and treatment facility, AKUH officials said.

    Hospital providing medical treatment to suspected, confirmed patients at par with international standards: AKUH
    The AKUH spokesperson said that the hospital was providing medical treatment to suspected and confirmed coronavirus patients at par with international standards.

    The spokesperson further said that while taking care of patients affected by a virus, the chances of the medical staff getting infected also increase.

    The hospital further stated that it will conduct additional tests of coronavirus patients and provide additional facilities for those suffering from the virus.

    https://www.geo.tv/latest/279575-fou...-with-covid-19


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  55. #1015
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    126,221
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: The government has decided to resume international flight operations from April 5 to bring back stranded citizens from abroad as the coronavirus outbreak continues to affect overseas travel.

    According to a notification by the Prime Minister's Office, the government has allowed resumption of international flight operations at Karachi, Lahore, Multan, Faisalabad, Quetta and Peshawar airports from April 5.

    The government had banned all international flight operations across the country and even suspended domestic travel as newer cases of the coronavirus emerge each day.

    The notification further said that all passengers brought to the country will be screened and suspected patients will be quarantined at designated hotels.

    Special Assistant to the Prime Minister Dr Moeed Yusuf gave a briefing on the situation at airports and borders earlier today. He had said that until April 4, the international airspace will remain closed.

    Beginning March 29, a ban on all outgoing flights will become effective till April 4, the prime minister's aide on national security Moeed Yusuf said.

    “The eastern and western borders will also remain closed for two weeks,” he said.

    Dr Yusuf had said that depending on ‘case to case basis’ if any country requests a flight to take back its citizens then it will be discussed.

    He had maintained that there was still a ban on domestic flights.

    https://www.geo.tv/latest/279701-pak...ded-pakistanis


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  56. #1016
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    40,978
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  57. #1017
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    5,151
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    The govt. You can't lockdown places without having a plan in place.
    exactly there was no plan what's so ever. Entire country is not on same page. everyone is doing what is feel like is best for them.

  58. #1018
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,907
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

    I like the transparency so far. Hopefully the will remain being transparent as the numbers rise. He should also keep on communicating that there is no reason to be afraid of the virus nor of getting tested if asked to do so by the authorities.

  59. #1019
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    4,417
    Mentioned
    523 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

    I think there must be a typo.
    Sindh started testing many days ago and they have tested upto 4-5K.

    I am surprised by this figure : 13.5k tests in Punjab. Really ??

  60. #1020
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,907
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    I think there must be a typo.
    Sindh started testing many days ago and they have tested upto 4-5K.

    I am surprised by this figure : 13.5k tests in Punjab. Really ??
    The math adds up: 13'380 - 557 = 12'823 the number of negative results.

    So highly unlikely there is a typo.

    Though you raise a good point. The testing in Sindh needs to up the pace.

  61. #1021
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    42,863
    Mentioned
    2004 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Don't want to talk big, but when Pak had 300 odd cases Turkey had 600. Now Turkey has 7500 and we have 1500, so some part of me would like to think that our provincial and federal governments are doing something right. They have the occasional blunder here or there but thank God things are under control for now, I hope the continue like this. My Allah ease the problems of entire humanity and rid us of this disease. Ameen.

  62. #1022
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    3,460
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Don't want to talk big, but when Pak had 300 odd cases Turkey had 600. Now Turkey has 7500 and we have 1500, so some part of me would like to think that our provincial and federal governments are doing something right. They have the occasional blunder here or there but thank God things are under control for now, I hope the continue like this. My Allah ease the problems of entire humanity and rid us of this disease. Ameen.
    Turkey didnt get its first case till 3 weeks ago, as for numbers especially in pakistan you need to be wary, most people will never get tested, even for covid19 theres only a handful centers in the whole country of 190m people who can test it. Most cities dont have anything.


    If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

  63. #1023
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    697
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Don't want to talk big, but when Pak had 300 odd cases Turkey had 600. Now Turkey has 7500 and we have 1500, so some part of me would like to think that our provincial and federal governments are doing something right. They have the occasional blunder here or there but thank God things are under control for now, I hope the continue like this. My Allah ease the problems of entire humanity and rid us of this disease. Ameen.
    Donít think these numbers are fully accurate. There could be more numbers untested.

  64. #1024
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    1,225
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzam View Post
    Donít think these numbers are fully accurate. There could be more numbers untested.
    Agree that Pak should test more but seeing no of fatalities, I will say that number are not way off, you can hide the number of infection but not number of deaths

  65. #1025
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    697
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Navdeep Srivastava View Post
    Agree that Pak should test more but seeing no of fatalities, I will say that number are not way off, you can hide the number of infection but not number of deaths
    We are on the same page than. I was referring to the numbers of infected.

  66. #1026
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    646
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The first positive case in pakistan was on Feb 25th and today is March 29th i.e.. in 32 days pakistan has 1454 active cases

    This means their cases growth is linear not exponential which means it is far better than western world & countries like Iran where there were thousands of cases in 3rd week itself


    Well done till now pakistan ! From now on try reducing new cases every day

  67. #1027
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    1,225
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Navdeep Srivastava View Post
    Agree that Pak should test more but seeing no of fatalities, I will say that number are not way off, you can hide the number of infection but not number of deaths
    @Shazzam Agree with you on this point that India and Pakistan need to start testing more and more before it goes out of hand

  68. #1028
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    8,934
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianHero View Post
    The first positive case in pakistan was on Feb 25th and today is March 29th i.e.. in 32 days pakistan has 1454 active cases

    This means their cases growth is linear not exponential which means it is far better than western world & countries like Iran where there were thousands of cases in 3rd week itself


    Well done till now pakistan ! From now on try reducing new cases every day
    It will be exponential very soon. Looks like.

  69. #1029
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    697
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Navdeep Srivastava View Post
    @Shazzam Agree with you on this point that India and Pakistan need to start testing more and more before it goes out of hand
    Indeed, cases being high of infected is not bad. It gives a good idea of what a country is going through. It shows how serious they are to stop this.

  70. #1030
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    126,221
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    KP announces Rs32bn package

    Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minis*ter Mahmood Khan announced a relief package of Rs32 billion for the vulnerable segments of society in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.

    He also hinted at giving special incentives to employees of different departments, including health and rescue workers, police personnel and others who are fighting against the pandemic on the frontline.

    ==

    Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar announced a Rs10 billion relief package for financial support of 2.5 million families of daily-wage earners in addition to the financial support packages announced by the federal government. Each family will be given Rs4,000 financial assistance.

    “The Punjab government is standing with the people who have lost their livelihoods in the wake of the coronavirus scourge,” he said.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  71. #1031
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    29,475
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianHero View Post
    The first positive case in pakistan was on Feb 25th and today is March 29th i.e.. in 32 days pakistan has 1454 active cases

    This means their cases growth is linear not exponential which means it is far better than western world & countries like Iran where there were thousands of cases in 3rd week itself


    Well done till now pakistan ! From now on try reducing new cases every day
    This has nothing to do with the administration level lol. We have a joke health system. Not even 10% of what they have in Spain, Italy or America.

    There has to be some other reasons. May be the virus doesn't become effective enough to kill under certain environments. May be environment in Pak has to do with it or may be the variation of virus that got carried here is just not that deadly.

    To be honest apart from some countries, the growth has been linear in most countries. Even India has not seen significant ratio of deaths to positive cases. May be we are saying this too early?

  72. #1032
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    9,126
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Too early to say it's linear and when we have so fee data points. The next week is critical. If it stays linear with increased testing (say around 5000 to 10000 daily) then it will be a sigh of relief.

    The best way to deal with this is still mass testing, tracing and isolation. Done correctly it can eradicate the virus.

    I hope some cheap, easy to implement test becomes available soon. That will be the game changer. We can test people and start isolating them and them we just might turn the tide against this virus.

  73. #1033
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    4,417
    Mentioned
    523 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    This has nothing to do with the administration level lol. We have a joke health system. Not even 10% of what they have in Spain, Italy or America.

    There has to be some other reasons. May be the virus doesn't become effective enough to kill under certain environments. May be environment in Pak has to do with it or may be the variation of virus that got carried here is just not that deadly.

    To be honest apart from some countries, the growth has been linear in most countries. Even India has not seen significant ratio of deaths to positive cases. May be we are saying this too early?
    Too early to say.
    There is a Malaria-vs-Corona map I posted in vavcine update thread.

  74. #1034
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    29,475
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    some very bad news coming from Gujrat and Faisalabad. If you belong to any of this cities please be careful and make sure your beloved ones don't go out.

  75. #1035
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    4,417
    Mentioned
    523 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    some very bad news coming from Gujrat and Faisalabad. If you belong to any of this cities please be careful and make sure your beloved ones don't go out.
    "Bad News". Care to elaborate more ?

  76. #1036
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    126,221
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    `Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 221
Size:  54.3 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  77. #1037
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    29,475
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    "Bad News". Care to elaborate more ?
    well apparently discovery of some unexpected covid patients. In Faisalabad it's about 10. Saw some posts on whatsapp about some areas given red alert.

    in Gujrat things are looking bad because of tableeghi jamat. Many people have been in contact with them and reports of some people has come out to be positive while others is still in waiting. Local administration is asking people not to come into any contact with these tableeghis and stay inside.

  78. #1038
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    126,221
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    well apparently discovery of some unexpected covid patients. In Faisalabad it's about 10. Saw some posts on whatsapp about some areas given red alert.

    in Gujrat things are looking bad because of tableeghi jamat. Many people have been in contact with them and reports of some people has come out to be positive while others is still in waiting. Local administration is asking people not to come into any contact with these tableeghis and stay inside.
    LAHORE: A man tested positive for the virus has reportedly infected 27 others in Gujrat district, in yet another incidence of mishandling of confirmed Covid-19 patients and of increasing local transmission in Punjab.

    In a related development, panic-stricken doctors of the Shaikh Zayed Hospital Lahore’s gynae ward withdrew their services after a pregnant woman who underwent C-Section at the facility on Thursday tested positive for the virus on Friday night.

    The situation created further anxiety among the doctors and paramedics in the hospital when they came to know that the woman’s husband who was accompanying her was also a patient of Covid-19 and that test reports of another suspected patient under treatment at the hospital for the last five days showed he was positive for the virus.

    The infected woman and newborn have been isolated at the Services Hospital where the doctors also sent swabs of the one-day-old baby for diagnosis.

    In Gujrat the tally of confirmed Covid-19 patients jumped to 51 after 27 new patients were reported on Saturday, an official told Dawn.

    Shaikh Zayed gynae unit doctors boycott duty after woman tests positive for virus

    Initially, he said, only four patients had tested positive for the virus in the district (in Sara-i-Alamgir, Dinga and Shadiwal) who all had foreign travel history.

    The health authorities were alarmed to find that one of these four patients had contacted at least 40 people,the official said, adding the officials had sent their samples for tests and out of them 27 turned out to be Covid-19 patients. After the confirmation, they all were isolated either at their homes, or the nearby hospitals, he said.

    Given the worrying situation, the government has launched a high-level probe into the spread of virus in Gujrat directing the deputy commissioner to supervise its process.

    About Shaikh Zayed Hospital situation, head of the gynae unit, Prof Dr Mohammad Ikran said the pregnant woman first visited the hospital in the morning on Thursday last and met an associate professor who was attending her as a private patient.

    He said the gyne unit doctors were alarmed when the woman told them that her husband had recently returned from Iran.

    Though the on-duty doctors sent her back, the official said the woman revisited the gyne ward in the evening the same day with severe labour pains and was immediately admitted by doctors given her condition. The woman underwent C Section and delivered the baby, he added.

    Meanwhile, the doctors brought the matter to the notice of the hospital’s administration which sent swabs of the patient for tests that turned out to be positive, Dr Ikram said.

    Initially, he said, five medics were traced who remained in direct contact with the patient and her husband, adding that they had been quarantined at their residences.

    To a question, Prof Ikram said it was perplexing for the treating medics that the woman showed no symptoms of coronavirus.

    He said direction had been issued to trace the other staffers of unit who had been in contact with the woman or her husband, adding that the panic-stricken doctors said they would not resume duties until they were provided with protective kits.

    About the other male patient who tested positive for the virus, Dr Ikram said initial inquiry unveiled that he first visited the emergency ward of the hospital where doctors provided him initial treatment and then referred him to the rheumatology department from where he was sent to the medical unit for admission.

    During his stay at the hospital, Dr Ikram said, the patient might have contacted several people, including medics, staff nurses, paramedics, security guards etc. exposing them to the virus.

    The focal person for coronavirus patients and deputy administrator of the SZH, Dr Ajmal Tahir, said the two patients who tested positive for the virus were isolated at the Mayo Hospital and Services Hospital, respectively.

    About the medics’ complaints of not being provided protection gear, he claimed the institute had purchased 4,000 PPEs and these were being provided to the medics as per the set protocol.

    https://www.dawn.com/news/1544552/si...hers-in-gujrat


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  79. #1039
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    4,417
    Mentioned
    523 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    well apparently discovery of some unexpected covid patients. In Faisalabad it's about 10. Saw some posts on whatsapp about some areas given red alert.

    in Gujrat things are looking bad because of tableeghi jamat. Many people have been in contact with them and reports of some people has come out to be positive while others is still in waiting. Local administration is asking people not to come into any contact with these tableeghis and stay inside.
    Bro I'm an on duty medic in Faisalabad. Nothing to panic. Things are under control till now.
    Out of 10 +ves, 5 are in one family and all 5 are asymptomatic.

  80. #1040
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    455
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    LAHORE: A man tested positive for the virus has reportedly infected 27 others in Gujrat district, in yet another incidence of mishandling of confirmed Covid-19 patients and of increasing local transmission in Punjab.

    In a related development, panic-stricken doctors of the Shaikh Zayed Hospital Lahore’s gynae ward withdrew their services after a pregnant woman who underwent C-Section at the facility on Thursday tested positive for the virus on Friday night.

    The situation created further anxiety among the doctors and paramedics in the hospital when they came to know that the woman’s husband who was accompanying her was also a patient of Covid-19 and that test reports of another suspected patient under treatment at the hospital for the last five days showed he was positive for the virus.

    The infected woman and newborn have been isolated at the Services Hospital where the doctors also sent swabs of the one-day-old baby for diagnosis.

    In Gujrat the tally of confirmed Covid-19 patients jumped to 51 after 27 new patients were reported on Saturday, an official told Dawn.

    Shaikh Zayed gynae unit doctors boycott duty after woman tests positive for virus

    Initially, he said, only four patients had tested positive for the virus in the district (in Sara-i-Alamgir, Dinga and Shadiwal) who all had foreign travel history.

    The health authorities were alarmed to find that one of these four patients had contacted at least 40 people,the official said, adding the officials had sent their samples for tests and out of them 27 turned out to be Covid-19 patients. After the confirmation, they all were isolated either at their homes, or the nearby hospitals, he said.

    Given the worrying situation, the government has launched a high-level probe into the spread of virus in Gujrat directing the deputy commissioner to supervise its process.

    About Shaikh Zayed Hospital situation, head of the gynae unit, Prof Dr Mohammad Ikran said the pregnant woman first visited the hospital in the morning on Thursday last and met an associate professor who was attending her as a private patient.

    He said the gyne unit doctors were alarmed when the woman told them that her husband had recently returned from Iran.

    Though the on-duty doctors sent her back, the official said the woman revisited the gyne ward in the evening the same day with severe labour pains and was immediately admitted by doctors given her condition. The woman underwent C Section and delivered the baby, he added.

    Meanwhile, the doctors brought the matter to the notice of the hospital’s administration which sent swabs of the patient for tests that turned out to be positive, Dr Ikram said.

    Initially, he said, five medics were traced who remained in direct contact with the patient and her husband, adding that they had been quarantined at their residences.

    To a question, Prof Ikram said it was perplexing for the treating medics that the woman showed no symptoms of coronavirus.

    He said direction had been issued to trace the other staffers of unit who had been in contact with the woman or her husband, adding that the panic-stricken doctors said they would not resume duties until they were provided with protective kits.

    About the other male patient who tested positive for the virus, Dr Ikram said initial inquiry unveiled that he first visited the emergency ward of the hospital where doctors provided him initial treatment and then referred him to the rheumatology department from where he was sent to the medical unit for admission.

    During his stay at the hospital, Dr Ikram said, the patient might have contacted several people, including medics, staff nurses, paramedics, security guards etc. exposing them to the virus.

    The focal person for coronavirus patients and deputy administrator of the SZH, Dr Ajmal Tahir, said the two patients who tested positive for the virus were isolated at the Mayo Hospital and Services Hospital, respectively.

    About the medics’ complaints of not being provided protection gear, he claimed the institute had purchased 4,000 PPEs and these were being provided to the medics as per the set protocol.

    https://www.dawn.com/news/1544552/si...hers-in-gujrat
    Hope everyone is safe there.
    This article confused me, Gujrat is a place in Pakistan and not indian state Gujarat.
    Had to google to find out.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •