Jan 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sindhiboy View Post
    He debuted 2 years too late. Looks a million dollars.
    His Inswing is insane along with the short stuff.

Lets see if he can reverse the ball
    If he had debuted like this in his teens, for sure he would be an all time great.

It's too early to say which way he would go, he can easily fall away too.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dont know about him being the next Garner but I'll wait till he plays outside NZ. Should do well in most places though, to be perfectly honest.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    If he had debuted like this in his teens, for sure he would be an all time great.

It's too early to say which way he would go, he can easily fall away too.
    He was 24 two years ago. And would've debuted at 23, which is good age for fast bowlers to debut

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Let him play outside NZ.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He bowls around 130K , need to see how he performs on non green tops.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guy is just hype, watch him closely when he tours the subcontinent. Dude will get thrashed!

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sindhiboy View Post
    He debuted 2 years too late. Looks a million dollars.
    His Inswing is insane along with the short stuff.

Lets see if he can reverse the ball
    Kinda like Ambrose, huh?

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy is gonna get spanked when he goes to the sub continent.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pleasse don't compare him with an ATG like Garner, who is the 2nd best West Indian fast bowler after Marshall.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Kinda like Ambrose, huh?
    Lol, Amby was a monster, trundler Jamieson is nowhere near.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szrana007 View Post
    Lol, Amby was a monster, trundler Jamieson is nowhere near.
    I meant debuting late.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    I meant debuting late.
    Amby debuted in 1988 I think in that famous series against Pakistan. But he had a long career, played till 2000, IMO is the 3rd best quick from the Caribbean after Maco and Garner.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Zealand are supposed to tour India later this year.

I'll refrain from judging him until then.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    New Zealand are supposed to tour India later this year.

I'll refrain from judging him until then.
    Would be a bloodbath

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kyle Jamieson now has taken 35 wickets in just 6 Test matches he played including 4 fifers and 2 four wickets haul.

Virat Kohli is a modern day legend: Viv Richards

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    He’s a good bowler with so much potential, regardless of pace, at that height he will always get lift and when accurate, wont be easy for the batsman on any wicket. NZ need to give him a long rope and back him through the difficult tours and beyond, those already writing him off come across as a bit bitter after he spanked their club side from genesis to revelations, not every team has a hype job which is then thrown to the wolves by indigenous peoples.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szrana007 View Post
    Amby debuted in 1988 I think in that famous series against Pakistan. But he had a long career, played till 2000, IMO is the 3rd best quick from the Caribbean after Maco and Garner.
    Yeah I mean Ambrose debuted at 25 which is pretty late for a one level below GOAT bowler. That’s similar to Jamieson, who could easily have debuted 3 years ago.

I actually prefer Ambrose over Garner - my top Windies list is Marshall, Ambrose, Holding, Garner, Walsh.

As far as Jamieson goes, I’m predicting greatest after Hadlee.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He looks like a class bowler.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Less than a year into his Test career, Kyle Jamieson is already the toast of New Zealand and being compared to the country's cricketing greats, but despite stunning figures he considers himself still a work in progress.

The towering fast bowler made his debut last February against India on a grey Wellington day when regular firebrand Neil Wagner was on paternity leave.

Eleven overs into the Test he was called up to bowl and 15 deliveries later had the first of his four wickets in the innings with Cheteshwar Pujara caught behind.

Six Tests on, all on New Zealand's green, bowl-first wickets, Jamieson has taken 36 wickets at a stunning 13.27 average and has four five-wicket bags.

His 11-wicket, man-of-the-match performance in this week's innings defeat of Pakistan helped put New Zealand on top of the world rankings for the first time.

"Brilliant figures," purred the International Cricket Council on Twitter, while cricketing authority Wisden called Jamieson "a special find for New Zealand" with his "brutal" bowling.

The most talked-about feature is the 26-year-old's height at 2.3 metres (6ft 8in) and the extraordinary bounce he generates when he bangs the ball into the wicket.

But he is no one-trick pony, with a repertoire that includes full and short deliveries as well as swing and seam movement which were all on display in his 11 for 117 against Pakistan in Christchurch.

Only Richard Hadlee and Daniel Vettori have produced better figures for New Zealand.

"It's kind of weird when you say it. Those two guys are legends of New Zealand cricket and I've just played my sixth Test," Jamieson said.

"It's nice to be in and around those names but I'm just happy to be part of this group and to help in some small way in us winning games."

- 'Impressive' attitude -

New Zealand captain Kane Williamson said Jamieson's height was his most obvious attribute, but there was much more to the modest 26-year-old.

"The most noticeable thing is height. Coming from that trajectory and getting that extra bounce is a real asset, but the most impressive thing is his attitude," Williamson said.

"He's swinging the ball both ways as well. He's a really special talent but the way he's come in (and) just tried to add to the group, whether that's on the field or off the field, has been the most impressive thing.

"In a lot of ways he's leading as well."

Although Williamson's 238 set up New Zealand's win by an innings and 176 runs, Pakistan captain Mohammad Rizwan singled out Jamieson as "the only difference" between the two sides saying "he took too many wickets".

Jamieson bowled Rizwan in the second innings with a ball heading outside off stump until it swung in late and stormed between bat and pad.

It was a special delivery Jamieson had worked on during the year and he said there was still a lot more he needed to do to improve his game.

"I'm a long way off the cricketer I want to be. I'm 12 months into my international career and it's a long process and hopefully I've got another nine-10 years in this group and if that happens there could be a wee bit more to come.

"There's always things you're trying to work on. It's nice to be able to move the ball both ways and in different conditions that won't necessarily always be helpful. In terms of different deliveries and different formats you've got white-ball cricket and there's different variations there.

"There's nothing specific but you're always trying to improve your game and those things kind of pop up from time to time."

While the focus has been on Jamieson's bowling he has also proven himself an efficient number eight batsman, with an average of 56.50 from six innings including two not outs.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-new...p-of-the-world

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Kyle Jamieson’s explosive start to test cricket has been matched by just one other New Zealander – who had to play for 12 years to equal what Jamieson has achieved in 11 months.

Jamieson’s 11-wicket haul in New Zealand’s second-test victory over Pakistan gave him a staggering 36 wickets from his first six tests.

Remarkably, Jack Cowie also captured 36 scalps in his first six test appearances for NZ - but those six tests were spread over 12 years.

Cowie’s nine-test career was massively limited by World War II. He made hs debut as a 25-year-old against England at Lord’s in 1937, had 19 wickets in his first three tests, and then didn't play another test for nine years.

No other NZ bowler comes close to the hauls of Jamieson and Cowie in the same number of initial tests – not surprising, because Jamieson's returns at home against India, the West Indies and Pakistan have rattled world marks for brilliant beginnings.

His 36 wickets at an astonishing average of 13.28 have him on track to be just the fourth bowler this century to reach 50 test wickets in nine or fewer matches. Pace bowler Vernon Philander (7), and spinners Yasir Shah and Ravi Ashwin (both 9) are the others.

Jamieson currently has the third-best bowling average (13.27) among all bowlers (with a minimum of 12 innings) in test history, the Wisden website pointed out, and the best since 1900.

Wisden added that Jamieson, with a strike-rate of a wicket every 33.3 balls, is one of only five bowlers to have a sub-40 mark since 1900, bettered only by South Africa's Duanne Olivier (30.0) and England's Morice Bird (32.3). Former NZ star paceman Shane Bond is fifth with a strike-rate of 38.7.

Olivier played 10 tests for South Africa between 2017-19 and captured 48 wickets before signing a Kolpak deal with English county side Yorkshire that prevents him playing for his national side. Bird played 10 tests – all against South Africa – and took eight wickets between 1910-14.

What Jamieson also shares with Cowie among NZ’s test bowling greats is they debuted in their mid-twenties, along with Neil Wagner – who had to undergo a residency period – and Chris Martin.

In contrast, Daniel Vettori (18), Tim Southee (19) and Chris Cairns (19) debuted as teenagers while Sir Richard Hadlee, Trent Boult, Dick Motz and Bruce Taylor were all 21 when they played their first tests.

Hadlee, who ended his career with 431 test wickets, did not find his first six tests easy as a tearaway quick. He took 17 wickets at 37.64, with just three in his first three tests at 119.67. He found his mark in his fourth match, grabbing six wickets against Australia in Sydney and then seven in his next outing as NZ beat Australia for the first time in tests.

Vettori, NZ’s next-best test wicket-taker with 361, had 24 wickets at 29.88 in his first six tests – taking five in just his second test, versus England in Christchurch, and nine in his fourth appearance against Sri Lanka in his hometown of Hamilton.

Southee, the only other Kiwi with more than 300 test wickets, took 15 at 40.07 in his first six appearances. He captured five on debut versus England in Napier in 2008 – while also making his highest test score of 77 not out in 40 balls.

Boult, who needs 19 more wickets to join the 300-club, took 17 wickets in his first six tests at 36.53 while Wagner took 17 at 43.88 – his sole wicket on debut away against the West Indies in 2012 came at the cost of 144 runs.

Chris Cairns took 21 wickets in his first six tests at 37.48 and that was after a back injury on debut after 12 fruitless overs conceding 60 runs at Perth in the test most remembered for Mark Greatbatch’s second-innings marathon knock to salvage a draw.

Cairns didn't play his second test for another 15 months, taking nine wickets in that test versus Sri Lanka in Auckland.

Bruce Taylor snared 21 victims at 23.19 in his first six tests, including a five-wicket bag – and a century – on debut, with all of those tests played on the sub-continent in 1965, while Dick Motz took 19 wickets at 31.73 in his first half-dozen appearances – five of which were away to South Africa.

What may be the most stunning thing about Jamieson’s haul is that he has yet to open the bowling – all those listed above bar left-arm spinner Vettori and Wagner had the assistance of the new ball.

Oh, he also averages 56.50 with the bat too.

Kyle Jamieson’s test wickets innings by innings:

- 4-39 from 16 overs v India, Basin Reserve, Feb 2020

- 0-45 from 19 overs (second innings)

- 5-45 from 14 overs v India, Hagley Oval, Feb 2020

- 0-18 from 8 overs (second innings)

- 2-25 from 13 overs v West Indies, Seddon Park, Dec 2020

- 2-42 from 12 overs (second innings)

- 5-34 from 13 overs v West Indies, Basin Reserve, Dec 2020

- 2-43 from 15 overs (second innings)

- 3-35 from 23.2 overs v Pakistan, Bay Oval, Dec 2020

- 2-35 from 26 overs (second innings)

- 5-69 from 21 overs v Pakistan, Hagley Oval, Jan 2021

- 6-48 from 20 overs (second innings)

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricke...n-test-cricket

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Kyle Jamieson didn't take a wicket in the comfortable win against Bangladesh on Saturday but his contribution to a balanced Black Caps bowling performance was not lost on Trent Boult.

ODI king Boult, the No 1 bowler in the world in the 50-over format, took 4-27 in a typically strong performance but Jamieson’s ability to lock down the tourists’ batsmen with his line and bounce was a sign of his growing maturity after a bumpy T20 series against Australia.

“I think Kyle's had a stellar start to his international career," Boult said.

“White ball cricket can be a cheeky format times. You think you are on top of it for a minute and things can get pulled back pretty quickly.

“But the guy’s got a tremendous work ethic and he's a big asset for New Zealand cricket.

“He's seven foot and can bowl 140kmh and can bat a bit as well.

“I know that he is really enjoying the challenge that comes with bowling under a bit of pressure, but I though the way the guys all hung in there today, and even [Mitch] Santner coming in with a few key wickets, it was pretty satisfying.”

For the record, Jamieson finished 0-25 but those figures don't really tell the full story. He conceded only two boundaries in his eight overs and was the most economical bowler until a six late in the innings blew out his numbers a touch.

He found a nice length and let his height do the rest, troubling the batsmen on occasion with bounce even on fuller deliveries.

The wicket appeared to have a bit of life in it and, interestingly, Boult said that that Dunedin was an “improving” surface for the quicks.

“I think the wicket is improving a lot,” man of the match Boult said.

“It's got good pace, good bounce and I suppose that those balls that are still on the rise as they go past the batsmen and through to the gloves are any fast bowler's dream.”

Bangladesh bowler Taskin Ahmed experienced the pressure the Black Caps built from the other side, lamenting after the game that Bangladesh really needed a target of at least “260-270” to stand a chance at University Oval.

“Unfortunately we didn't start well with the batting,” he said. “If we scored 260-270 that might be a different story...but 132, the [Black Caps] had nothing to do.”

The Black Caps will now move to Hagley Park on Tuesday with the bowling blueprint to wrap up the series against a side that is now 0-27 in New Zealand.

“I thought the guys put the ball in a nice area and we speak about it as a group about keeping the pressure on and not letting the opposition getting away on us," Boult said.

“It was nice to restrict them and keep the wickets flowing throughout the innings.

“It was a good bowling performance all round.”

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricke...-kyle-jamieson

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Kyle Jamieson’s test wickets innings by innings:

- 4-39 from 16 overs v India, Basin Reserve, Feb 2020

- 0-45 from 19 overs (second innings)

- 5-45 from 14 overs v India, Hagley Oval, Feb 2020

- 0-18 from 8 overs (second innings)

- 2-25 from 13 overs v West Indies, Seddon Park, Dec 2020

- 2-42 from 12 overs (second innings)

- 5-34 from 13 overs v West Indies, Basin Reserve, Dec 2020

- 2-43 from 15 overs (second innings)

- 3-35 from 23.2 overs v Pakistan, Bay Oval, Dec 2020

- 2-35 from 26 overs (second innings)

- 5-69 from 21 overs v Pakistan, Hagley Oval, Jan 2021

- 6-48 from 20 overs (second innings)

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricke...n-test-cricket
    These are impressive numbers but keep in mind he has only played test cricket in NZ & out of 6 tests he has played 4 he played vs very very ordinary sides, his real test would be in Asia where bowl won't move around that much.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    New Zealand fast bowler Kyle Jamieson has been fined 15 per cent of his match fee for breaching Level 1 of the ICC Code of Conduct during the second One Day International against Bangladesh in Christchurch on Tuesday.

Jamieson was found to have breached Article 2.8 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel, which relates to “showing dissent at an Umpire’s decision during an International Match.”

In addition to this, one demerit point has been added to the disciplinary record of Jamieson, for whom it was the second offence in a 24-month period, taking his cumulative demerit points to two.

The incident occurred in the 15th over of Bangladesh’s innings when Jamieson reacted angrily to the TV umpire’s decision ruling Tamim Iqbal’s return catch had not been taken cleanly by Jamieson.

Jamieson admitted the offence and accepted the sanction proposed by Jeff Crowe of the Emirates ICC Elite Panel of Match Referees and ratified by the ICC Cricket Operations department as per the COVID-19 interim playing regulations. There was no need for a formal hearing.

On-field umpires Chris Gaffaney and Chris Brown, third umpire Wayne Knights and fourth official Ash Mehrotra levelled the charge.

Level 1 breaches carry a minimum penalty of an official reprimand, a maximum penalty of 50 per cent of a player’s match fee, and one or two demerit points.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kyle Jamieson Refused To Bowl With Dukes Ball To Virat Kohli In RCB Nets

IPL 2021:

India and New Zealand will face each other in the World Test Championship, and some banter has already started in the RCB camp between Virat Kohli and Kyle Jamieson.

Kyle Jamieson was picked up for big money in the auction after impressing in Tests vs India.
    Dan Christian said Kyle Jamieson is carrying some Dukes ballsHe said Jamieson told Kohli he won't bowl to him in the nets with themIndia and New Zealand are set to face off in the WTC final after IPL 2021
    In the Indian Premier League nets, Virat Kohli is literally using every trick in the bag to prepare for the World Test Championship final against New Zealand but is not getting much help from current teammate and Black Caps pacer Kyle Jamieson. RCB all-rounder Dan Christian has revealed that Jamieson, who is playing his first IPL after being bought for Rs 15 crore, is carrying a couple of Dukes balls, which will be used in the WTC final in Southampton from June 18 between India and New Zealand.

However, when his RCB skipper Kohli asked Jamieson to bowl with the Dukes to him in the nets, the New Zealander did not fall for that trick.

Jamie was like, 'No chance I am going to ball at you!' He would have looked at his release point and everything that he does with the Dukes ball! (chuckles)," Christian said

https://sports.ndtv.com/ipl-2021/ind...b-nets-2424576

To hell with circumstances. I create opportunities.
    -Bruce Lee

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Kyle Jamieson, responding to a query on refusing to bowl at Virat Kohli with the Dukes ball at RCB nets, said he was planning to use them later on in the IPL 2021 season.

Jamieson, speaking about his relationship with the RCB skipper, said at a virtual press conference from the UK on Wednesday, “We were talking generally about cricket, having played against each other 12 months before. He was asking me if I had played in England, what his own experiences had been there. No specifics. We went our ways with a sort of parting jibe – ‘See you in a month’s time.'”

“I had two Dukes balls in my bag but I didn’t get the chance to use them. I was going to bring them out at the back end of the tournament,” he said.

Jamieson was responding to a question on the comments made by his RCB teammate Dan Christian on a podcast episode, that has since been deleted, that he had not not fallen for Kohli’s attempt to face him at nets with the Dukes ball — the ball which will be used for the WTC final between India and New Zealand.

“Pretty cagey from Virat actually, right in the first week we were here… Virat says ‘Oh, if you want to have a bowl against me in the nets, I am more than happy to face’. Jamie was like, ‘No chance I am going to bowl at you!’” Christian had said.

Speaking on his time in India, Jamieson said during the interaction: “My time in the IPL was a great chance to share the dressing room with some legends of the game like Kohli and AB de Villiers. It was great to be involved in that atmosphere, to soak up the knowledge, albeit all the things that were going on outside (the IPL bubble).”

https://indianexpress.com/article/sp...kohli-7323189/

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He is a top quality cricketer. New Zealand have strike gold after having him in the side.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He looks so far to be a certified Test star, but recreating this form outside of NZ is a different task. His first away tour being in England is a good thing, as the conditions should be similar to what he's encountered in NZ.

He has played 6 Tests only, and all in NZ. This coming tour to England and especially the WTC final will be a much bigger challenge than what he's faced so far, so I hope he is up to it.

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The fact that England are playing a relatively weakened side for this series will help Jamieson. If Trent Boult wasn't missing, I'd have New Zealand as favourites for this series.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Two days out from his first offshore cricket test, Kyle Jamieson received the ultimate accolade from his team-mates with his first Players’ Cap award.

Jamieson received the prized white cap from wicketkeeper BJ Watling at the Black Caps’ London hotel on Monday (Tuesday NZT), as they build to the first test against England at Lord’s (Wednesday 10pm NZT).

The Players’ Cap, in its 10th year, recognises the leading performer as voted by team-mates across each series.

English fast bowler Ollie Robinson thinks he has the answer to getting out Kane Williamson.

Jamieson’s stunning performances in the 2-0 test series victories over West Indies and Pakistan got him the nod, as he snared 27 wickets at 12.25 and scoring 133 runs at 66.5 across the four victories.

He and captain Kane Williamson – a three-time winner in 2015, ‘16 and ‘17 – received the equal-most votes for those home tests while newcomer Devon Conway led the way in ODIs (against Bangladesh) and T20 internationals (against West Indies, Pakistan and Australia).

Watling said: “This cap is a special award as it reflects those moments that often go unnoticed, but as a team we understand those small margins that go to winning games.

“The really great thing is the guys coming in are contributing to our team, and this year Kyle has certainly been one of those guys who has come in and taken his chances and opportunities from the get go, and I am sure we will see him here receiving many more Players’ Caps.”

Jamieson has just six tests to his name – all at home and all of them victories – as he eyes a first match at Lord’s, the home of cricket.

Coach Gary Stead told reporters on Tuesday of his towering swing bowler: “He's certainly brought a different dimension to our bowling attack. He bowls at a lively pace and I just guess with that extra bounce as well and his ability to swing the ball both ways makes him a real force.

“The thing that I admire most about Kyle is he's always trying to get better. He works very, very hard on both elements of his game.

“And certainly those other little things around the peripheral of the team, the way he scouts players, the way he's looking to talk with players and coaches around developing his game is something that really stands out.”

JOE ALLISON/GETTY IMAGES
    The towering figure of Kyle Jamieson was a popular one with players and fans alike in 2020-21.
    Jamieson was humbled by the award after a rousing reception from his teammates, saying: “It’s been a special 12 months being part of this group, and thanks to everyone for making it such an easy team to fit into.

“This is pretty special and not something that I expected at all. There have been some great guys who have won this before and being recognised by your peers is the ultimate, and to even be in this situation is hard to put into words.”

The hard toil of the Tauranga victory over Pakistan in the Boxing Day test on a docile pitch was Jamieson’s highlight.

“The wins are what I enjoy most, that Bay Oval test was a special one going into day five – my first day five match – and just being part of that test victory is what I value the most”.

AT A GLANCE

Past winners of the Black Caps Players’ Cap:

2020: Tim Southee

2019: Ross Taylor

2018: Trent Boult

2017: Kane Williamson

2016: Kane Williamson

2015: Kane Williamson

2014: Ross Taylor

2013: Tim Southee

2012: Brendon McCullum

Stuff

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Tim Southee is underrated. He has done very well in this WTC.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Surrey have signed New Zealand fast bowler Kyle Jamieson as an overseas player for part of the T20 Blast and two County Championship matches.

The 26-year-old right-armer will link up with the south London side after the Black Caps face India in the World Test Championship final.

He will be available to make his debut against Middlesex in the T20 Blast match at The Kia Oval on 25 June.

He will remain with the squad until the end of the group stage.

Jamieson will also be eligible to feature in the Championship matches against Hampshire and Somerset next month.

The Auckland-born seamer has appeared in seven Test matches for New Zealand, with his 39 wickets coming at an average of 15.15.

He featured for Royal Challengers Bangalore in this year's curtailed Indian Premier League, and has taken 64 wickets at 23.56 in his 49 career T20 appearances.

His signing comes after Sean Abbott returned to Australia after suffering a hamstring injury on his Surrey debut last month, while fast bowler Kemar Roach was called up by the West Indies for international duty.

BBC

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    5 wicket haul in WTC final

Well done.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Five wickets for Kyle Jamieson! Taking on the India lineup by himself

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has been an enigma since his test debut. Yes he has generally played at home or now in England where conditions are suitable but he has decent enough skillset which if he can mold slightly as per the surfaces, he can be successful in other places as well.

Thing is not only he is tall and can get natural bounce of the surface, he can also swing the ball both ways and that too with a good accuracy. Generally really tall bowlers or even the really quick ones often become too reliant upon their height or pace and keep on using it as the main weapon while the development of the other pace bowling skills take a back seat.

However, the standout thing for Jamieson is that he is just not another tall ball coming in trying to use his height and hitting the surface hard rather he is a pretty skillful pacer as a whole who has other skills to go with just being tall and getting natural bounce. So that height is not his only weapon rather adds on to the other skills he has and that makes him a pretty difficult bowler to face.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Funny how he’s the top bowler in the Test championship, has taken his team to the final and has helped them to get on top on this match so far, yet he’s hardly ever mentioned / overrated.

Compare it to Jofra Archer who was consistently touted as the best in the world by so many pundits and posters… simply because he plays for England. This is despite being rubbish after his initial burst for almost 2 years.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Has had a Vernon Philander-esque start to his test career. He raced to 50 tests in something like 7 tests i guess. Both debuted at a similar age, both are good bowling allrounders. Jamieson has an added advantage of height in his favor and 5-6kph quicker.
    Philander did fine in Asia though, people expected him to get carted around there, but he managed to be a very good chokehold in Asia. I think Jamieson will be fine as long as he sticks to his strengths. Although I don't see him getting a nod ahead of Wagner, Boult or Southee in Asia regardless of how good he has been.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably the most talented and versatile fast bowler currently playing.

I know he has only played within seam friendly conditions, however he has everything from height, pace and the ability to swing and seam the ball both ways - basically he's the perfect fast bowler.

It'll be interesting to see how he goes in the bouncier conditions of Aus and SA and what changes he will make to his stock line and length.

Also in the subcontinent and whether he can develop the ability to reverse the ball effectively.

If he can even produce 75% of what he has done in NZ and Eng to more foreign conditions I reckon he could be the bowler of this decade

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jamieson has been brilliant in his short career. I see similar traits of McGrath in him. Tall and always at the batsmen bowling in the corridor where batsmen are not sure about going front or back.
    But I doubt he can lead the pace attack.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Player of the WTC final

What a performance

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    A Kiwi legend after 8 Tests

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    200 test wickets @ 20-22 coming

Legend in making

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has taken this NZ team to another level. That inswinger is a frightening delivery, and the scary thing is that he reckons he's still got a lot of room to improve.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let's see how he does in Asia

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good so far, 3 wickets out of 4.
    Almost 50 wickets with an average of 14, amazing stats.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has been pretty good. I thought he would struggle in India.

Great find for New Zealand.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont understand why he cant replicate the same performance in white ball cricket. He looks like a complete cricketer to me..so bit surprised that he is not doing well in all formats.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Terrific cricketer.

Boult, Southee are a bit condition dependent but this guy makes the NZ pace attack complete.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He bowled nagging lines and obviously his height helps.
    Future Legend, can emulate Mcgrath.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Fewest balls to 50 Test wickets (since 20th century)

1240 Vernon Philander
    1844 Brett Lee
    1865 KYLE JAMIESON
    1880 Frank Tyson
    1943 Shane Bond