Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 45 of 45
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    137,297
    Mentioned
    2637 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

    "Only in Pakistan, a person scores a 100 once and gets to play 10 innings afterward" : Javed Miandad

    Javed Miandad speaking on his Youtube channel:

    "Ahmed Shehzad said has has played for 12 years but I can tell him that he can play for 20 years but its about performance; If you peform well every day then who will throw you out of the team?"

    "A player is only discarded, early or later in his career, if he doesnt perform; Its at that time that he gets pressure; If you are not performing and others are performing, then why would they keep you in the national side?"

    "England and Australia play players on a series to series basis; if you fail in one series, no one looks at how well you did in the previous one"

    "Only in Pakistan where a person scores a 100 once gets to play 10 more innings after that"

    "Cricket works on daily wages - you perform well today, here is your money, thank you very much"

    "You are professional and if you dont work, then why should you be paid?"

    "Lets take the teams from England, Australia, South Africa and even India - Can someone tell me which of our batsman can replace another batsman in those teams?"

    "Pakistan cricket is not someone's personal property - its for those who score runs every time they play"

    "Players dont need to talk about their peformances - when they perform well in the ground then the whole world talks about you"

    "Once a kid asked Viv Richards - who are you? He replied (dont ask me) go to a library and find about me"

    "When you wake up in the morning, read the newspapers, to see what people are saying about you, and take that in a positive manner"

    "When I performed well, I wouldnt read the papers as I knew that they would say nice things about me; When you do badly is when you should read the papers to see what people are saying about you; And also how would your family feel if they read this opinion about you - this is what we used to look for"

    ===


    Pakistan cricketing legend Javed Miandad on Sunday lashed out at out-of-favour Pakistan batsman Ahmed Shehzad after the latter claimed that he can play for 12 years in cricket. In an interview Shehzad said that he still hopes to represent Pakistan as he has learnt from his past experiences. “The past two years have been tough for but I have learned a lot in that span of time and hopefully this will prove beneficial in the my upcoming years in cricket. Bearing in mind my fitness and skills, I think I can represent Pakistan for another 12 years and that is not an exaggeration,” he had said.

    In a Youtube video, Miandad criticised Shehzad for his claims and asked him to let his performance do the talking. “You [Ahmed Shehzad] can play for 20 years rather than just 12, I guarantee you that but you need to perform. If you perform daily nobody will drop you from the side,” said Miandad. “If other players are performing then they will be preferred over you with regards to playing for the national side.”

    “Players should not give such irresponsible statements and instead let their performance do the talking on the field,” he added.

    “In other countries, players get selected on a series by series basis. But in Pakistan you get to play 10 matches based on just one century. This is partly the reason why there are problems in our team,” he said. “As a player you should have good performance in eight out of 10 matches you play on average.”

    Ahmed Shehzad has played 13 Tests, 81 ODIs and 59 T20Is for Pakistan. He last played an ODI for Pakistan back in October 2017. His last appearance in the longest format was back in May 2017. His last international appearance for Pakistan was in October 2019 in a T20I game against Sri Lanka.

    https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...Xw9ZiutwK.html
    Last edited by MenInG; 16th March 2020 at 22:05.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    545
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Shazad was a promising player when he started his career but he did not fulfill his potential.He has been given enough chances.He has to go.The others who need to go are Malik,Hafeez,Faheen,Amad,Asif Ali,Rizwan,Sarfraz,Iftikhar Chacha ,Awais Zia,Bilawal Bhatti,Ali Shafiq ,

  3. #3
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    3,284
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good statement by Miandad, dont talk about past statistics.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    35,907
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Miandad is the last person to comment about someone getting paid without working or delivering

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    14,990
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Miandad is the last person to comment about someone getting paid without working or delivering
    Miandad can talk all he likes on cricket and onfield performance Hes a cricketing legend and has more rights than most

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    137,297
    Mentioned
    2637 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Dont think Ahmed Shehzad is interested in any advice!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  7. #7
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    35,907
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Miandad can talk all he likes on cricket and onfield performance Hes a cricketing legend and has more rights than most
    Not when he is talking about someone getting paid without performing. The govt should send him a bill of Rs 100 million that he pocketed while working at the PCB from 2008 to 2014 for doing nothing.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Scotland
    Runs
    1,104
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don’t agree with Miandad often but he is bang on here

  9. #9
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    3,284
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was perfect.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,004
    Mentioned
    6777 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Shehzad is a good enough T20 player for PSL level as he has proved in the past. Unfortunately, he was woefully out of form and confidence this time.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    14,990
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Not when he is talking about someone getting paid without performing. The govt should send him a bill of Rs 100 million that he pocketed while working at the PCB from 2008 to 2014 for doing nothing.
    Who are you his boss? Ive not heard anything from the pcb about this or them demanding any monies back so better not speculating on unsubstantiated gossip

    I suggest you stick to the topic in hand about shezad and his on field performance or lack of

  12. #12
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    35,907
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Who are you his boss? Ive not heard anything from the pcb about this or them demanding any monies back so better not speculating on unsubstantiated gossip

    I suggest you stick to the topic in hand about shezad and his on field performance or lack of
    This is not gossip, a fact. Miandad was so shameless he even publically admitted to the amount of money he was getting paid from the PCB and given his stature, prestige how he deserved to be paid that kind of money and he stated that the onus is on the PCB to actually make full use of his services, ability.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    5,965
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Shehzad is a good enough T20 player for PSL level as he has proved in the past. Unfortunately, he was woefully out of form and confidence this time.
    No, he had one good season. A fluke if there ever was one.

    Your bias for him is preventing you from seeing the obvious; he hasn’t been good enough in any format for 6 years and counting.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    5,447
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    “In other countries, players get selected on a series by series basis. But in Pakistan you get to play 10 matches based on just one century. This is partly the reason why there are problems in our team,” he said.

    WOW - someone finally said it - I don't recall seeing anyone speak about senior culture this way

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    2,623
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    “In other countries, players get selected on a series by series basis. But in Pakistan you get to play 10 matches based on just one century. This is partly the reason why there are problems in our team,” he said.

    WOW - someone finally said it - I don't recall seeing anyone speak about senior culture this way
    100% didn't think anyone in Pakistan had this much sense. The senior culture shows our laziness as a culture. We will again select Hafeez and Malik for world T20 because of senior culture despite them having no notable performance in Australia.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    3,374
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miandad and Imran both were single minded about winning matches.

    Sometimes you look at cricketers today and wonder if losses hurt them at all. You see players laughing after being hit for fours. These players, after scoring a zero, will probably be given flowers and chocolates so they don't feel bad. There is also so much cricket that there is no time to think about a loss - before the next one comes along.

    Very few hard as nails cricketers left in today's game - that's why I have so much respect for Miandad regardless of his non-performance as a PCB officeholder. On the pitch, he gave it his all.

    He will never respect the likes of Ahmed Shahzad - who think they have made it when they haven't.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    34,972
    Mentioned
    1188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Not a big fan of Javed Miandad the pundit but there's very little to disagree with here.

  18. #18
    Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    11,165
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Javed miandad bhai is definitely attesting to younis khan's temperament and work ethic when correcting Shehzad


    "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,885
    Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Shehzad is a good enough T20 player for PSL level as he has proved in the past. Unfortunately, he was woefully out of form and confidence this time.


    You're overly sympathetic to cricketers like Imam, Rizwan and Shehzad.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    35,907
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Miandad again should be the last one to talk about someone playing past their due date, everyone knows the antics he did to get himself undeservedly selected in the 1996 ODI WC squad


  21. #21
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    330
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Miandad again should be the last one to talk about someone playing past their due date, everyone knows the antics he did to get himself undeservedly selected in the 1996 ODI WC squad
    A miandad with a broken leg and a missing arm would be better than Ahmed Shahzad at his full fitness.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    44,063
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    'No batter can replace players in Aus, Eng, India', Miandad doesn't mince words in criticising Pak batsmen

    Pakistan's cricket team have been blessed with several match-winners since the past. While the majority of their stars have been some inspiring bowlers, who have given a lot on the cricket field and enriched the gentlemen's game, they have also been produced some of the finest batters such as Inzamam-ul-Haq, Younis Khan, Saeed Anwar, Javed Miandad and many others.

    The current crop of the Pakistani batsmen is led by Babar Azam, who has been lauded by many former players across the globe and cricket experts for his talent and overall potential. Nonetheless, the senior men's cricket team has also lost recent matches from winning positions due to too much dependence on one player; i.e. mainly Azam.

    Recently, former player and Pakistan head coach Javed Miandad schooled opener Ahmed Shahzad to be more responsible with his statements and buckle up if he needs to stay in the team for a longer period. Adding to that, Miandad also lashes out at PCB for backing non-performing players and stated on his official YouTube channel, "I want to ask them (PCB) is there anyone from Pakistan who can replace players in teams like Australia, England, South Africa, New Zealand, and India? None of our batsmen can play in these teams. We have bowlers but none in the batting line-up."

    Miandad further opined, "Countries like England and Australia pick squads on a series to series to basis. They forget even if you have scored 500 runs in the previous series. Pakistan is the only team where you get 10 innings after scoring a hundred. People keep failing but there is no concern, which is why the team has so many problems. Take India for example. They score 70, 80, 100 and 200 that’s called performance but none from our team can play in top-class sides of the world," added the 62-year-old former cricketer.

    https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/...batsmen/566362


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    22,607
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post


    You're overly sympathetic to cricketers like Imam, Rizwan and Shehzad.
    Imam ul Haq should be LQ number 3

    Mohammad Rizwan needs to be bailed out by Javed Afridi.

    Pakistan deserve humiliation

    Some of the many legendary quotes of the greatest cricket expert on PP

  24. #24
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Runs
    171
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was to avoid lawsuit, PCB sacked him as a coach for no apparent reason and terminated his contract without just cause

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,885
    Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Imam ul Haq should be LQ number 3

    Mohammad Rizwan needs to be bailed out by Javed Afridi.

    Pakistan deserve humiliation

    Some of the many legendary quotes of the greatest cricket expert on PP
    Supporting Imam in T20s, or Rizwan and Shehzad in LOIs in general, is beyond my understanding.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    12,541
    Mentioned
    959 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If you're someone like shafiq, then a 50 is enough for the next 10 innings.

  27. #27
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    14,165
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barragan View Post
    If you're someone like shafiq, then a 50 is enough for the next 10 innings.
    Doesn’t apply to Asad, who has six 50s in his last 10 innings...


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  28. #28
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    14,733
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In Bangladesh a batsman scores a 50 and plays the next ten innings

  29. #29
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    12,541
    Mentioned
    959 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Doesn’t apply to Asad, who has six 50s in his last 10 innings...
    That is a huge, huge achievement for someone of shafiq's mediocre level.

    But then you compare him to someone like Azam, who has just started his career and in his last 10 innings, has hit 4 hundreds and 3 fifties.

    You would think Azam is the 32 yr old playing for a decade.

  30. #30
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    14,165
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barragan View Post
    That is a huge, huge achievement for someone of shafiq's mediocre level.

    But then you compare him to someone like Azam, who has just started his career and in his last 10 innings, has hit 4 hundreds and 3 fifties.

    You would think Azam is the 32 yr old playing for a decade.
    Yea, Pakistan needs one more world-class batsman. Only Babar is of that quality atm.

    Right now we have Shan, Asad and Harris who are decent, but will never be great. Haris can but he needs to play up the order when Azhar retires. Or induct a young talent like Saud Shakeel or Abdullah Shafique in at #6. Both are potential world-class middle order batsman imo.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    22,607
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    In Bangladesh a batsman scores a 50 and plays the next ten innings
    5 year career

  32. #32
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    10,826
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miandad has a good point. Consistency is very important.

    Only Babar has been consistent. Rest have been hit or miss.



  33. #33
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    12,541
    Mentioned
    959 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Yea, Pakistan needs one more world-class batsman. Only Babar is of that quality atm.

    Right now we have Shan, Asad and Harris who are decent, but will never be great. Haris can but he needs to play up the order when Azhar retires. Or induct a young talent like Saud Shakeel or Abdullah Shafique in at #6. Both are potential world-class middle order batsman imo.
    For someone that has been playing for a decade, don't know how shafiq is in still in the decent category.

    He survived being a decent batsman before because of Younis and misbah, but he can't continue in the same decent manner - either perform better or get kicked out.

    Younger batsmen can come in and also be decent, so no need for a 33 yr old to waste time on, who isn't going to develop any further.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    228
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "England and Australia play players on a series to series basis; if you fail in one series, no one looks at how well you did in the previous one"

    Certainly not true in England, past performances have been a key part of test selection since forever.

  35. #35
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    14,165
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barragan View Post
    For someone that has been playing for a decade, don't know how shafiq is in still in the decent category.

    He survived being a decent batsman before because of Younis and misbah, but he can't continue in the same decent manner - either perform better or get kicked out.

    Younger batsmen can come in and also be decent, so no need for a 33 yr old to waste time on, who isn't going to develop any further.
    Asad should be good enough for 2-3 years.

    Getting rid of Azhar and Abid Ali is the main priority.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    1,615
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Asad should be good enough for 2-3 years.

    Getting rid of Azhar and Abid Ali is the main priority.
    Abif Ali? Lmao why do you hate him so much? He already had a better high score of 174 than Shafiq (137) despite playing 75 less tests.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    12,541
    Mentioned
    959 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Asad should be good enough for 2-3 years.

    Getting rid of Azhar and Abid Ali is the main priority.
    Those 2-3 yrs will be more useful with helping someone else come through, rather than wasting more time on this 33 yr old.

    Decade wasted on him already!!

  38. #38
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    14,165
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    Abif Ali? Lmao why do you hate him so much? He already had a better high score of 174 than Shafiq (137) despite playing 75 less tests.
    Yea while opening against SL on a road.

    Anyway idc about stats. I have watched both and Asad is way better.

    Abid is a slightly better Shehzad and even that’s a stretch.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  39. #39
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    35,907
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Yea while opening against SL on a road.

    Anyway idc about stats. I have watched both and Asad is way better.

    Abid is a slightly better Shehzad and even that’s a stretch.
    Shafiq can't score tons on roads even if he was offered $10 million dollars to do so. That is the mental midget that he is.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    137,297
    Mentioned
    2637 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Pakistan’s legendary batsman Javed Miandad believes that a high-level investigation needs to be initiated after it was revealed that the Pakistan Super League (PSL) live streaming rights were granted to a foreign betting company.

    The 62-year-old, while taking to an Express News correspondent, claimed that this matter was of grave importance and that the guilty should be punished accordingly.

    “There should be a high-level investigation into the fact that PSL’s live streaming rights were granted to a betting company. The guilty should be punished accordingly. All parties involved need to be on the same page during this process. The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) should learn a valuable lesson from this experience,” Miandad said. “The issue of a betting company receiving live streaming rights for the PSL in three seasons from 2019 to 2021 is a matter of grave importance. The whole world has legalised betting whereas that is not the case in Pakistan.”

    The former legendary batsman stated that the PSL is a national event because of which a high-level investigation is of the utmost significance.

    “PSL is a national event. The contract between the PCB and the live streaming company is very important. There is an urgent need for an investigation. The PCB cannot conduct this investigation by itself. The guilty need to be punished as per the guidelines and rules,” he said. “We will have to wait and view the details of the case in order to see if this act was done on purpose or by a mistake. If it becomes clear that the PCB was aware that the rights were being granted to a betting company than the PCB will be guilty and deserves to be punished accordingly. On the other hand, if it is proven that the PCB was not aware of this fact, then it is a big blunder on their part.”

    It should be noted that the PCB had earlier clarified that a partner company had granted the streaming rights to the foreign online betting company without their approval. The PCB had further stated that they had contacted their partners for additional details into the matter.

    https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/ne...eaming-rights-


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  41. #41
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    137,297
    Mentioned
    2637 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Javed Miandad speaking on his youtube channel:

    "It was good that these hard-hitters were with me and they improved further as they got to practice well [with me]"

    "It is difficult to believe what a talented player Shahid Afridi was and the amount of power there was in his shots"

    "Afridi did well during my time but after I left he became very careless"

    "I would tell Afridi that you need to wait for the right ball to play your 'pet' shots, and then you would get 100% results on it but you will lose your wicket if you try and and do that on every ball"

    "In cricket there is no room to worry about the heat outside, or to worry about styling your hair because if you want to do that, then you should be in the film business"

    "I would tell people who would worry about their hair that have you come to take part in shooting a film?"

    "When you bowl in the nets and then pick up the ball yourself then that is what will help you rise up in your career, instead of having 5 people fetch balls for you"


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  42. #42
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    137,297
    Mentioned
    2637 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Former Pakistan captain Javed Miandad urged upcoming cricketers to focus on their game rather than giving importance to their hairstyles and appearance. Miandad suggested one should give his all during a match or a training session before they start thinking about grooming themselves.

    Miandad stated that budding cricketers should put should a price on their wickets while batting and try to perfect their line and length during bowling before trying to make a name themselves.

    “They should not throw away their wickets... they should take their time in the middle and enjoy themselves” Miandad said in video uploaded on his YouTube channel. “Same thing goes for bowlers. They should just concentrate on their line and lengths. They should go in the nets alone and practice deliveries. This will mean you are very dedicated to your game.”

    “One shouldn’t take five people along with him for a session and have everything taken care for him. Also, they shouldn’t care about sun, rain or how they appear after practising.

    “Upcoming cricketers shouldn’t be concerned about their hairstyles etc and if they do, then movies are the right place for them,” he added.

    “We never used to care how we used to look on the cricket field. But after the match ends, do whatever you want to do. Sportspersons are role models for young kids and they copy whatever their idols do. One should be careful about what kind of example they are setting for the younger fanbase.”

    Miandad recently also spoke about his admiration for India skipper Virat Kohli. While lauding his display with the bat, Miandad revealed the best quality he finds in Kohli.

    “Whenever he wants to score, he can. He is powerful and has the ability to clear the ropes easily,” Miandad said. “But the best thing about him is that he is humble. It is visible that he loves his cricket a lot and respects his fellow cricketers a lot.”

    “I have seen his conduct and he is friendly with the opposition also. I have played cricket at the same level, I can say this. Indian cricketers are now said to be aggressive. But there has to be some aggression on the field. However, there has to be a limit.”

    https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...XBZoDX02J.html


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  43. #43
    Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    2,656
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get the problem that some people have with younger people doing their hair and looking after themselves. People usually take between 10 seconds to max 5mins to do their hair, so I really don't get the problem.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    740
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Dont think Ahmed Shehzad is interested in any advice!
    That’s cause he’s too stubborn and arrogant.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    44,063
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Pakistan’s legendary batsman Javed Miandad believes that a high-level investigation needs to be initiated after it was revealed that the Pakistan Super League (PSL) live streaming rights were granted to a foreign betting company.

    The 62-year-old, while taking to an Express News correspondent, claimed that this matter was of grave importance and that the guilty should be punished accordingly.

    “There should be a high-level investigation into the fact that PSL’s live streaming rights were granted to a betting company. The guilty should be punished accordingly. All parties involved need to be on the same page during this process. The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) should learn a valuable lesson from this experience,” Miandad said. “The issue of a betting company receiving live streaming rights for the PSL in three seasons from 2019 to 2021 is a matter of grave importance. The whole world has legalised betting whereas that is not the case in Pakistan.”

    The former legendary batsman stated that the PSL is a national event because of which a high-level investigation is of the utmost significance.

    “PSL is a national event. The contract between the PCB and the live streaming company is very important. There is an urgent need for an investigation. The PCB cannot conduct this investigation by itself. The guilty need to be punished as per the guidelines and rules,” he said. “We will have to wait and view the details of the case in order to see if this act was done on purpose or by a mistake. If it becomes clear that the PCB was aware that the rights were being granted to a betting company than the PCB will be guilty and deserves to be punished accordingly. On the other hand, if it is proven that the PCB was not aware of this fact, then it is a big blunder on their part.”

    It should be noted that the PCB had earlier clarified that a partner company had granted the streaming rights to the foreign online betting company without their approval. The PCB had further stated that they had contacted their partners for additional details into the matter.

    https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/ne...eaming-rights-
    PCB has received apology for PSL live streaming controversy: source

    The Pakistan Cricket Board on Sunday said it has received a formal apology from its media rights partner for subletting live streaming of PSL-5 to a UK based betting company, which had kicked up a controversy, according to sources.

    A source well-informed about the developments on this issue told PTI that the high profile media company had sent an apology after the PCB raised the issue of the rights being sold to the betting company ‘Bet 365’ without its knowledge.

    The issue became a cause of embarrassment for the PCB as betting or gambling in any form is illegal in the country.

    “The fact is that PCB became aware that the PSL matches were being live streamed by Bet 365 on its website as soon as the league started on 20th February,” the source said.

    He said on February 23 or 24, the PCB sent an email to its media rights partner pointing out that it had breached the contract between them by subletting the live streaming rights without informing or getting clearance from the Board as was required in the agreement.

    “Later on, the media rights partner also sent an email to the PCB apologising for their mistake and admitted they were at fault in the entire issue.”

    He said the Board also wrote directly to the betting company on March 1 or 2 to inform that the PCB would be taking legal action against it (Bet365) if it did not stop the live streaming of matches immediately.

    “The PCB informed the betting company that it was given live streaming rights without its (PCB’s) knowledge which was a must under the contract they had with their media rights partner,” the source added.

    He said immediately after getting the PCB’s mail, the betting company stopped live streaming of the matches around March 3.

    The source said the impression created in the media that the PCB was unaware about the live streaming of matches on the website of a betting company until the PSL was coming to an end was incorrect.

    https://sportstar.thehindu.com/crick...le31263418.ece


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •