User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

PCB Having Second Thoughts On Staging Remaining Four Games Of PSL [Post #73]

The Pakistan Cricket Board today postponed the HBL Pakistan Super League 2020 with immediate effect and the two semi-finals and the final will be rescheduled for a later date. This decision was taken after a player, who had left Pakistan a few days ago, showed symptoms of COVID-19 and he will undergo screening shortly.

The PCB, as part of its duty of care, has made arrangements for all the players and players support staff of the four semi-finalists, match officials, franchise owners and production crew to undergo precautionary tests and has strongly advised them to wait for the results prior to undertaking any travel.

PCB Chief Executive Wasim Khan said: “This is absolutely the right thing to do after an overseas player, who will be tested in his country shortly, has shown symptoms of COVID-19.

“The PCB has also facilitated the process of carrying out immediate tests of all those who were involved with the HBL Pakistan Super League.

“This is an unprecedented situation, which is evolving with each passing day. The PCB has closely monitored the situation and had taken precautionary measures including consultation with relevant authorities and temperature screening of players, officials and media on match and non-match days.

“The PCB believes it has made the right decisions in the lead up to the postponement of the tournament that included consulting the team owners, holding the matches behind closed doors, allowing the players the option to withdraw from the tournament, rescheduling of the matches and reducing the number of event days.

“Obviously before postponing the tournament, we took into confidence the team owners.

“The PCB will use its reach and influence to play its part in all government’s drives and initiatives to create awareness and dealing with this pandemic. The PCB hopes and prays that normalcy returns quickly to our society so that everyone can return to a healthy and routine lifestyle and we can bring back cricket to the fans.”

The PCB has suspended its all domestic competitions and cricket activities.
    Last edited by MenInG; 17th March 2020 at 13:35.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good job

Only small window needed to reschedule this

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Excellent decision. They should play remaining matches with old format
    Qualifer to final at lahore
    Eliminator 1 at karachi
    Eliminator 2 at multan
    Final at lahore
    Last edited by saeed5646; 17th March 2020 at 11:38.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    513 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Makes sense.

They'll only need a few days out of everyone's schedule to make it work.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Excellent decision. They should play remaining matches with old format
    1st play off at lahore
    2nd play off at karachi
    Eliminator at multan
    Final at lahore
    That will not happen. Nothing will change in terms of the format.

You cannot turn the tournament into a joke by recalling teams that have already been officially eliminated.

It is a good decision to postpone because the risk factor is too high at the moment and the matches were completely dead without the crowd.

Hopefully the rescheduling would also allow foreign players to participate.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lahore and multan will be very happy as there main overseas players were not available

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Finally! the incompetent board has realized.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    That will not happen. Nothing will change in terms of the format.

You cannot turn the tournament into a joke by recalling teams that have already been officially eliminated.

It is a good decision to postpone because the risk factor is too high at the moment and the matches were completely dead without the crowd.

Hopefully the rescheduling would also allow foreign players to participate.
    The format i posted is for last 4 team .lslu and quetta won't get any game

Qualfier for final will be between top 2 team of group stages
    Multan vs karachi

Eliminator 1
    Lahore vs Peshawar zalmi
    Eliminator 2
    Loser of qualfer 1 vs winner of eliminator 1

Final

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    I have heard that a player tested positive today which forced the PCB to postpone the tournament.

No details on who the player is, or whether the news is actually true. Stay tuned for further development.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Won't be surprised if top foreign t20 player join all the team .especially players like pollard, gayle, bravo

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snooker it is then.

Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    Italy
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aukhan View Post
    Finally! the incompetent board has realized.
    Cry Baby, This incompetent Board held complete PSL in Pakistan successfuly.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard that a player tested positive today which forced the PCB to postpone the tournament.

No details on who the player is, or whether the news is actually true. Stay tuned for further development.
    Heard where? That's pretty serious.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Wow

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Patriot View Post
    Heard where? That's pretty serious.
    I was told by someone whose relative works in a lab in Lahore. I cannot verify the news so take it with a pinch of salt.

If a player has been infected, we will eventually hear about it on social media/news.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hear that it was becuase the brodcasters, around 80% of whom are foreigners, were eager to leave ASAP.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was told by someone whose relative works in a lab in Lahore. I cannot verify the news so take it with a pinch of salt.

If a player has been infected, we will eventually hear about it on social media/news.
    Please don’t spread rumors until it is verified. This is very much appreciated in these tough times. 🙏

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uet331 View Post
    Please don’t spread rumors until it is verified. This is very much appreciated in these tough times. 🙏
    That why I said it is unverified. I am only stating what I have been told.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i hope it's not true. Scary times.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PCB trying to come out smelling of roses in all this.

Reality is the production Crewe have done one.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why everyone wants to bash pcb no matter what decisions they take, they are not trying to smell of roses, Just making decisins as the situation develops,just like they are doing in uk.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just cancel it why postpone. Matches are dead now. No crowd, no overseas players, now probably no overseas commentators.
    It's even worse than faisal bank t20 now

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Patriot View Post
    Yeah i hope it's not true. Scary times.
    A Doctor from Islamabad tweeted about it as well. Can’t post here because tweets from unverified accounts aren’t allowed.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnowbasher View Post
    Just cancel it why postpone. Matches are dead now. No crowd, no overseas players, now probably no overseas commentators.
    It's even worse than faisal bank t20 now
    Yes it has been postponed so that the matches can be played later on with foreign players in front of packed grounds.

What is the point of canceling a tournament that is 3 matches away from conclusion?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alex Hale may have got some symptoms but not confirmed yet. He is being tested in London. All commies and broadcasters will also be tested soon.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rambo divulges that Alex Hales getting tested in England bcz of some symptoms. Now players and commentators to get tested as well in 2 hours. So the rumour that PSL was cancelled bcz of a player turn out to be true.
    tweet by Hasan Zaidi
    Last edited by Test lover; 17th March 2020 at 13:03.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Test lover View Post
    Rambo divulges that Alex Hales getting tested in England bcz of some symptoms. Now players and commentators to get tested as well in 2 hours. So the rumour that PSL was cancelled bcz of a player turn out to be true.
    tweet by Hasan Zaidi
    Hales left Pakistan 4 days ago I think. I'm surprised why PSL carried on with the tournament if they knew Hales was doubtful.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Reports saying its a foreign player from England and that he has already left the country.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
    Reports saying its a foreign player from England and that he has already left the country.
    If Hales has tested positive it could be multiple players. Pretty much all KK players could be in trouble and also players from QG, IU and LQ who played against KK recently.

Nevertheless, sanity has prevailed. It is stupid to carry on with the matches in these circumstances.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARK Rafay View Post
    Hales left Pakistan 4 days ago I think. I'm surprised why PSL carried on with the tournament if they knew Hales was doubtful.
    They didn't know he was doubtful. He was asymptomatic until today

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Doctor from Islamabad tweeted about it as well. Can’t post here because tweets from unverified accounts aren’t allowed.
    I saw a video in which Ramiz Raja said that Alex Hales is suspected of corona and has the symptoms and due to this everything is now in disarray and we are all going to be tested now in a couple of hours from now.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Offenbach am Main, Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1049 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

PCB have postponed PSL season 5

A good decision by the PCB, I fully back this, although it should´ve come around about a week earlier. Matches being played with empty stands itself was enough a sign that cricket should´ve taken the backseat right there itself. The last few matches were dull to watch and felt like kind of an imposed punishment. It´s sad of course as we were all hugely excited for this year´s edition as all its matches were going to be held in Pakistan.

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Media release from PCB added to Post #1

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The Pakistan Cricket Board today postponed the HBL Pakistan Super League 2020 with immediate effect and the two semi-finals and the final will be rescheduled for a later date. This decision was taken after a player, who had left Pakistan a few days ago, showed symptoms of COVID-19 and he will undergo screening shortly.

The PCB, as part of its duty of care, has made arrangements for all the players and players support staff of the four semi-finalists, match officials, franchise owners and production crew to undergo precautionary tests and has strongly advised them to wait for the results prior to undertaking any travel.

PCB Chief Executive Wasim Khan said: “This is absolutely the right thing to do after an overseas player, who will be tested in his country shortly, has shown symptoms of COVID-19.

“The PCB has also facilitated the process of carrying out immediate tests of all those who were involved with the HBL Pakistan Super League.

“This is an unprecedented situation, which is evolving with each passing day. The PCB has closely monitored the situation and had taken precautionary measures including consultation with relevant authorities and temperature screening of players, officials and media on match and non-match days.

“The PCB believes it has made the right decisions in the lead up to the postponement of the tournament that included consulting the team owners, holding the matches behind closed doors, allowing the players the option to withdraw from the tournament, rescheduling of the matches and reducing the number of event days.

“Obviously before postponing the tournament, we took into confidence the team owners.

“The PCB will use its reach and influence to play its part in all government’s drives and initiatives to create awareness and dealing with this pandemic. The PCB hopes and prays that normalcy returns quickly to our society so that everyone can return to a healthy and routine lifestyle and we can bring back cricket to the fans.”

The PCB has suspended its all domestic competitions and cricket activities.
    Rumours say that player is Alex Hales.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    TOO LATE.

That's what I had been saying from the START!!!

Why continue with this stupidity in empty grounds? Everything in the world got canceled for a freaking reason.

I knew we'd only get some sense when someone gets infected. And then it will be chaos.

They could have canceled this and ask everyone to leave a week ago. It would not have been PSL's and PCB's responsibility then.

Now it's on them. They kept the tournament going.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hawkeye everything in the world did not get cancelled even in a country like uk which had a lot more cases than Pakistan at the time PSL matches were being held. Anyway lets pray for safety for all that risked their health in a loyality to the event.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should play the semi finals and finals next year just a couple of days before the start of PSL 6.

So we go from PSL 5 straight into PSL 6.

How does that sound?

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB idiots hell bent on Lahore venue for the finals have brought this situation. They lost the whole day of tomorrow.
    The PSL should've been finished in Karachi.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on.
    He probably got the symptoms in England looking at how cold it is here.

He’s more likely to catch it here than Pakistan

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think it was ridiculous to say PSL went on for so long. I've watched a few games and I loved it but if there is a pandemic in the background then PSL should have been disbanded . IPL should not be played either

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM1989 View Post
    They should play the semi finals and finals next year just a couple of days before the start of PSL 6.

How does that sound?
    I think that will be the only way and quite logical.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM1989 View Post

How does that sound?
    I don't see the point of that. The teams will be totally different, so the 4 semi-finalists this year may actually not be that good next year, the captains may even be different.

Second, what would be the point of having a winner if you would just get a new winner a few weeks later.

Its better to scratch this PSL and start fresh next year without any of the stigma of the virus

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Hales could have easily got it during his travel back and not necessarily during his stay in Pak, so no point jumping to conclusions just yet.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I hope Hales is safe, and its seems the sensible decision.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barragan View Post
    Hales could have easily got it during his travel back and not necessarily during his stay in Pak, so no point jumping to conclusions just yet.
    He could have very well contracted it in Pakistan. There is a 2 weeks incubation period for COVID-19 to officially kick in and it has only been a few days. Not saying he definitely got it in Pakistan, but there is a high possibility of it.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hafizexpress View Post
    He could have very well contracted it in Pakistan. There is a 2 weeks incubation period for COVID-19 to officially kick in and it has only been a few days. Not saying he definitely got it in Pakistan, but there is a high possibility of it.
    Symptoms appear 2-14 days after contracting it, so it could easily have been picked up during his travel back because he left 4 days ago.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    According to Javed Afrdi, Peshawar Zalmi were the only team that were willing to continue the tournament.

All Zalmi players were willing to play.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    According to Javed Afrdi, Peshawar Zalmi were the only team that were willing to continue the tournament.

Wasim Khan said that all the teams were ready to play yesterday. He said the teams were about to leave the hotel when they called it off. So maybe a bit of exaggeration on the part of PZ.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post

So that means he was the dumbest of the lot.

Putting money before safety. Why am I not surprised.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: While all foreign cricketers and officials barring all-rounder Moeen Ali of England, who were part of the incomplete 5th HBL Pakistan Super League (PSL), have left back for their respective countries, the 29 Indian officials of the broadcasters team covering the event were denied entry by the Indian immigration authorities at the Attari check-post.

They all are currently stranded there after crossing through Wagah Border on Wednesday. The PSL was postponed on Tuesday by the Pakistan Cricket Board in the backdrop of the growing coronavirus threat.

All the foreign cricketers as well as match and broadcasters’ officials, after clearing their coronavirus test arranged by the PCB, went back to their countries while Moeen will travel on Thursday. However, the Indian-origin broadcasting officials could not reach their homes because of an objection raised by their own immigration staff at the Attari border.

A PCB spokesman told Dawn that the 29 Indian crew members, who were working for the broadcasters of the PSL, had decided to go through Wagah Border in an attempt to reach their country as soon as possible as their government has also announced to keep all the travellers coming from other countries into isolation from March 18.

Though the Pakistani immigration authorities allowed them to go through Wagah, giving a definite relaxation as their visas were only permitting them to travel by air and not on foot, the Indian authorities denied them any such relaxation.

“The Indian officials will come back to Pakistan on Thursday as they have multiple visas and then their air travelling plan would be chalked out again for them to go back to their country,” the spokesman said.

It may be mentioned here that around 134 foreigners including cricketers, match officials and broadcasting staff appeared for the coronavirus tests in the last two days, soon after the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) decided to postpone the PSL on Tuesday.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1542022/ps...-into-homeland
    Last edited by MenInG; 20th March 2020 at 13:40.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Panaji: An Indian broadcast crew of 29 members who worked at the Pakistan Super League (PSL) and were initially stopped from returning home at the Wagah-Attari border now find themselves quarantined in Amritsar with no knowledge when they will be allowed to leave.

The Indian authorities who had initially asked the Indian crew to take the same path home like their onward journey – via Dubai – finally allowed the Indians to cross the Wagah border just after midnight on Thursday. They were initially quarantined at a hospital in Amritsar, some 20 kms away from the border. But while most believed the quarantine would be for 24 or a maximum of 48 hours, they are now left to grope in the dark.

“This quarantine is a joke. We were initially told that we fall into the C category which is self-quarantine, but we cannot understand why we are lodged here, with six to eight people in a room. They did all the tests, found that we are fine. But we are being held captive,” a crew member told TOI on Thursday.

The Indian crew working for a Delhi-based sports production company at the Pakistan Super League (PSL) had to return home early after the league was cancelled as a foreign player developed symptoms of coronavirus.

“We are all kept here in this quarantine place, but still no information if they will let us go or keep us here. No one here has any clue. There was a press release which said all incoming citizens would be screened and then sent home for self-quarantine, but that does not seem to be the practice here.

“They have checked us for our temperature and blood pressure, four times since morning. No other tests have been done so far. If there is a lockdown, it will be difficult for us to get back home. We can only appeal to the authorities and pray,” said the crew member.

The PSL was cancelled just before the semifinals after a foreign player developed symptoms of coronavirus. The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has not as yet revealed the identify of the cricketer, who, according to reports, has flown out of Pakistan. All players and broadcasters were later tested for the virus.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/74719215.cms

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Reports suggest that PCB are looking at the month of November as a possible window to complete the postponed semi-final and final of the PSL . There is another option to hold the remaining games before the start of PSL 6 but that may not be so easy.

PCB could also recover some of their losses from washouts and no-crowd games if they are able to schedule the remaining games.
    Last edited by MenInG; 21st March 2020 at 22:42.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Looks like the PCB wants to recoup those losses by hosting the remaining three games. But what's the point of having a winner at that stage when the next PSL will only be a few months away. It will deny the winners from enjoying the win for long.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    According to Wasim Khan, the PCB has suffered a loss of $6 million due to the cancellation of the remaining PSL matches and the Bangladesh series.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is really unfortunate for Pakistan as they were starting to get international cricket back. But, hopefully they will be back on track again once this Coronavirus threat is gone.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Divided opinion about the timing of this from our resident bloggers

Azhar Mahmood things it was the right time
    Aamir Sohail feels that it was done a bit too late

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cancel the tournament. I don't see a point in playing games in December when we would just start a new tournament in February. I also don't see how international player's availability would work? Would they only play with local players?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hashimafzal View Post
    Cancel the tournament. I don't see a point in playing games in December when we would just start a new tournament in February. I also don't see how international player's availability would work? Would they only play with local players?
    Its all about money, the PCB must be desperate to minimize the losses and want the matches to be held. Also the Franchises want the matches to be held and even the Multan Sultan's owner has disagreed with his co-owners about Multan Sultans being awarded the trophy and want the matches to be held. The franchises will make money as well if the matches go ahead which is why the whole saga is just about money.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who said you need foreigners to complete a tourney, and anyways there are always associate players looking for a paycheck.

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Why won't the international players be available?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Techfront International FZE today reiterated its regrets to the Pakistan Cricket Board and sought an amicable resolution to an outstanding dispute between the parties.

In a statement, Techfront International FZE said: “Techfront International FZE acknowledges it was not proactive in obtaining prior permission from the PCB in respect of specific sublicensing and in that process it was not aligned to the spirit and provisions of the Rights Agreement with PCB with regard to HBL PSL V’s live-streaming rights.

“We have extended our regrets and apology to the PCB and look forward to their sympathetic consideration in the matter.”

The PCB said. “We appreciate the Right Holder’s apology and detailed explanation offered by them. At its own end the PCB shall put in place more stringent measures to ensure extra vigilance; enhancement of internal monitoring processes and procedures; continual issuance of clear guidelines to our partners so there is a better understanding of the dos and the don’ts.”

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: Former member of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Board of Governors Shakil Sheikh and currently suspended member of the BoG Nouman Butt have filed a joint constitutional petition in the Supreme Court of Pakistan against the PCB for violating the constitution of the country after the PSL-5 matches were live streamed by a UK-based betting web channel without the permission of the PCB.

The two members of the BoG have made 11 officials of the PCB as respondents including Chairman PCB Ehsan Mani, Chief Executive Wasim Khan, current BoG member Asad Ali Khan, former Chief Operating Officer Subhan Ahmad, Acting Chief Financial Officer Ateeque Rasheed, four directors including Director International Cricket, Director Commercial, Director Security and Anti-corruption and Director Media.

According to Shakil, who issued a press release on Tuesday, the petition was filed through counsel Mohammad Asad Rajput and notices to all 11 respondents have been dispatched. He said the petition was filed under Article 184/3 in the Supreme Court.

Shakil said that the plea taken in the petition was the decision of the PCB of awarding live streaming rights contract for PSL-5 to Techfront for three years was against the injunctions of The Quran and Sunnah and Article 2-A, Article 5, Artcile 31, Artcile 37-g of the constitution of Pakistan amongst other violations.

Shakil and Nouman have prayed to the Supreme Court to declare that fundamental rights of the petitioners and the citizens of Pakistan cannot and should not be violated by any means by the respondents, particularly by actively allowing/involving betting/gambling in sport of cricket. They have appealed to the Apex court to issue appropriate directions to the respondents to preserve and protect the constitution of Pakistan and abide by the laws and take immediate steps to curb the menace of betting/gambling from the cricket in legally effective manners and forms whatsoever.

They also prayed to declare agreement dated February 11, 2019 as unlawful and cancelled and directions for initiation of civil and criminal proceedings against respondents No.2 to 11 may please be issued and order the suspension of respondent Nos 2 to 9 and 11 from their respective offices and constitute a body/forum/committee to manage, administer and effectively run the day to day affairs of Pakistan Cricket Board.

It may be mentioned here that the said media rights company had sub-licensed the rights to a UK-based betting web which showed the PSL-5 matches from Feb 20 to March 3. Though the PCB had warned its main media partner on Feb 23 to stop live streaming to the betting website, it could not be stopped until March 3. Later the media partner had expressed their regret and submitted an apology which the PCB had accepted.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1560912

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Lahore: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has clarified that they are planning to solve the matter regarding match officials and scorers remaining dues of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) season five, ARY Sports reported.

According to a source from PCB, the league was postponed unnaturally. The dues are cleared of the umpires and match referees who supervised PSL matches.

“Match officials, scorers, and players are paid according to a procedure. The procedure for payment of dues of the officials will be decided in the next few days,” a source from PCB said.

“Procedure is also being worked out to pay the remaining 25% of the players’ dues. Once the procedure is finalized, the payment schedule will be announced,” source added.

According to details, the dues of PSL 5 scorers and match officials could not be paid even after two and a half months and they are facing difficulties due to nationwide lockdown. Even 25% of the dues of the players in the teams have not been paid yet.

https://arysports.tv/pcb-planning-cl...ials-dues-psl/

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Lahore: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has clarified that they are planning to solve the matter regarding match officials and scorers remaining dues of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) season five, ARY Sports reported.

According to a source from PCB, the league was postponed unnaturally. The dues are cleared of the umpires and match referees who supervised PSL matches.

“Match officials, scorers, and players are paid according to a procedure. The procedure for payment of dues of the officials will be decided in the next few days,” a source from PCB said.

“Procedure is also being worked out to pay the remaining 25% of the players’ dues. Once the procedure is finalized, the payment schedule will be announced,” source added.

According to details, the dues of PSL 5 scorers and match officials could not be paid even after two and a half months and they are facing difficulties due to nationwide lockdown. Even 25% of the dues of the players in the teams have not been paid yet.

https://arysports.tv/pcb-planning-cl...ials-dues-psl/
    Some coaches in PSL also not paid yet from what we have been told.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Some coaches in PSL also not paid yet from what we have been told.
    According to some, final PSL payment installment is still due and has been due for a while - causing a lot of inconvenience which is understandable.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The PSL owners can take the position that because the final 3-4 games of the PSL were abandoned, why should the players, coaches, staff, officials be paid for matches which did not take place.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile, Mani conceded that it will be difficult to stage the remaining three matches — both semi-finals and the final — of Pakistan Super League (PSL) because of the uncertainties and logistics issues after the fifth edition was abruptly postponed by the Covid-19 outbreak last March.

“One cannot say for sure whether we will be able to complete the tournament. Finding slot in the schedule is one thing but there will be logistics problems like travelling of foreign players of the remaining teams and the broadcasting crew members,” he said. “We have a busy season in 2020-21 coming with Pakistan due to play several bilateral series and one can’t say with conviction whether those PSL fixtures could be slotted in somewhere.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1564207/t2...-pandemic-mani

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alex Hales's Narcasistic personality ruined the tournament then.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    HBL Pakistan Super League 2020

The BoG congratulated the PCB management for the successful staging of the HBL Pakistan Super League 2020 until it was postponed on 17 March due to Covid-19 pandemic. The 30 completed matches were played over four venues with more than 500,000 spectators crossing turnstiles to watch live action.

The BoG was informed that the PCB was planning to stage the remaining four matches later in the year, while it plans to add a fifth venue in Peshawar for the 2021 edition, which is scheduled to be held in February and March 2021.

The BoG approved to set-up a dedicated HBL PSL Department by separating it from the PCB’s Commercial Department. PSL Project Executive Shoaib Naveed will head the department as part of the PCB’s drive to improve stakeholder relationship and deliver top-quality event. There will also be an oversight group, which will comprise the Chief Executive, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Director Commercial.

The PSL General Council meeting is scheduled in the first week of July with more details to follow in due course.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    593 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just cancel the PSL at this point

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan Cricket Board Having Second Thoughts On Staging Remaining Four Games Of PSL

The PCB is having second thoughts on holding the remaining four matches of the 2020 Pakistan Super League which was abruptly suspended in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic, following the completion of the league stage.

The Pakistan Cricket Board has now called a meeting of the PSL Governing Council via video link on Thursday in which it has asked the six franchises to give their opinion on the remaining matches.

The PCB has notified the franchises that if it holds the remaining four matches of the PSL 5, expenses would be around 4.5 and 5 crore Pakistani rupees whereas the earnings would be around five to eight million rupees only.

The main thrust of the expenses would be on broadcasting of matches.

Karachi, Lahore, Multan and Peshawar franchises have made the play-off stage of the PSL five and Karachi and Lahore who have never played in the final have been the most vocal about having the remaining matches later this year.

The PSL, which was held for the first time entirely in Pakistan since its launch in 2016, had completed 30 matches when it was suspended due to the virus outbreak.

The franchises recently sent a joint letter to the PCB outlining their concerns on several issues, mostly financial ones and these are also likely to be discussed in the meeting.

Recently top officials of the PCB said the remaining matches of the PSL 5 could be held around October-November if the World T20 Cup in Australia is postponed to next year.

The PCB is also keen that the Asia Cup be held this year in its allowed window in September, something the Indian cricket board (BCCI) has objected to it too is keen to have its delayed IPL.

https://www.outlookindia.com/website...-of-psl/355734

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My humble opinion is that just declare table topper Multan the victor. If foreign players don't come then it will be pretty lack luster. Call it quits boys.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Whats the point of staging the remaining games in Nov 2020 and then having the next PSL in Feb 2021. Defeats the purpose. Just declare the table topper as the winner and move on with life. Lol, as for Multan Sultans, whats the point of winning the trophy in this manner if you can't savour and celebrate it wholeheartedly

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: A heavy debate on different issues between the Pakistan Cricket Board and the PSL franchises are to be discussed when the general council will meet online on Thursday.

PCB chairman Ehsan Mani will chair the meeting from England.

Options will be discussed over the remaining matches of the Pakistan Super League’s season V which were abruptly postponed owing to the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) situation with the semi-finals — and the final — still to be played just hours before the start of the first semi-final at the Gaddafi Stadium on March 17.

Though the PCB are still keen on staging the said fixtures, provided a suitable window is available later this year, but the grave Covid-19 situation has prevented board from making a concrete decision.

The PCB also has a proposal to hold the matches just before start of the sixth edition next year. Except Multan Sultans — who topped the six-team standings — none of the other semi-finalists — Karachi Kings, Lahore Qalandars and Peshawar Zalmi — are in favour of the matches being cancelled.

Another key factor that the PCB want to decide is the financial status because holding matches under the prevailing circumstances may result in huge losses. The third option that is likely to be discussed is to distribute US$500,000 in prize money equally among the franchises without declaring the eventual champions and the rest of competition abandoned.

Moreover, though the franchises have a longstanding demand to make a separate company for handling of all PSL affairs. During last Friday’s meeting of PCB governing board, it was decided that a separate department for PSL be formed.

Meanwhile, according to a media report that despite holding all PSL V matches in the country — during which 500,000 spectators turned up for the games — the league’s expenditures are on the higher side as compared to the matches staged in the UAE during the previous editions.

The franchises are also demanding the PCB to extend their contract of period from the existing 10 years to 15 since they have been incurring losses so far.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1566441/ps...y-debate-today

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Handing over the trophy to Multan for topping the table is a nonsense idea.

Either scrap the edition or play the remaining matches behind closed doors.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Outcomes of eighth PSL Governing Council meeting

Lahore, 2 July 2020:

The eighth meeting of the Pakistan Super League Governing Council was held via teleconference on Thursday, 2 July. The following are the key outcomes:

• The franchisees and the PCB reiterated their most preferred option remained the staging of the remaining four matches of the HBL Pakistan Super League 2020 in November. Having expressed that optimism, they acknowledged there were a number of moving pieces due to the Covid-19 pandemic and agreed to continue to review and monitor the situation internally before making recommendations to the Governing Council.

• Based on an ongoing review of the league, the six franchises and PCB agreed a framework for greater collaboration to ensure the long-term growth of the PSL and to create financial sustainability.

• The Governing Council appreciated the PCB for setting up an independent Pakistan Super League department, which will be headed by PSL Project Executive Shoaib Naveed. The Franchises and PCB agreed to a framework of regular contact between the teams and the PSL Department, aiming to increase consultative dialogue on various operational and strategic matters relating to the league.

PCB Chairman Ehsan Mani: “Once again, it was an engaging and interesting Governing Council meeting with common interest being the wellbeing and future of the HBL Pakistan Super League. Of course, the future of the HBL PSL is critical to the PCB and the franchisees and, as such, there was a continued commitment to make it a bigger, better and stronger brand.

“The PCB and the franchisees expressed determination that they will continue to work together to resolve all pending matters and ensure all parties continue to flourish and benefit from what is now one of biggest and most followed cricket leagues in the world.”

Islamabad United’s owner Ali Naqvi: “The formation of a separate PSL Department is a much needed step. HBL PSL is Pakistan’s biggest brand and a dedicated team working on it year round will improve workings for all stakeholders involved in the league. We all saw what HBL PSL means to Pakistani fans this year with the entire season taking place here. There is immense potential for us to grow collectively and we are keen to work with PCB to ensure this growth."

Lahore Qalandars’ COO Sameen Rana: “A key aspect of our long-standing partnership with the PCB is regular consultations at the PSL Governing Council level. We engaged in very fruitful discussions today and we are aligned with the PCB in terms of tackling challenges together, and further elevating and promoting HBL PSL.”

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    PCB has given a week to two franchises to clear their dues.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    KARACHI: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is quite determined to complete the Pakistan Super League (PSL) season five by holding the remaining semifinals and the final later this year to decide the title winner of the league. It has been learnt that the PCB is very keen to find a suitable window for holding the remaining games around November, either in Pakistan or in the UAE, but that, of course, depends largely on the Covid-19 situation at that juncture.

However, according to a report, the financial impact of the unfinished fifth season of the PSL is creating problems for the PCB which is apparently at the loggerheads now with the league’s broadcast-rights holder and have come to legal blows over the money due for the season.

According to reports that the fifth edition — the first held in its entirety in Pakistan — had to be curtailed just before the knockout stages due to the fast-spreading pandemic threat. That has now led to Blitz Advertising and Techfront — who signed up for the broadcast rights in 2018 in a US$36 million deal — holding back a payout to the board for this season.

According to the PCB, the contract states that payment is conditional to the scheduled day of the last match and once that payment did not come through this season, the PCB cashed an insurance guarantee from the broadcaster (held as security for the deal) of PKR 1 billion. It is that act that Blitz has taken a stay order out against in the civil courts in Lahore.

“Our dispute with the PCB is on issue of completion of PSL 2020 Tournament,” a Blitz official said. “PCB has announced/declared since March 17th that four matches including semi-finals and final shall be held later in year 2020 and is postponed until then. According to our agreements with PCB, it is stated clearly — we are to pay the rights fees only after the last match of the PSL 2020 tournament is held and declared. Since last match of the PSL 2020 has not been held and/or declared by PCB, therefore the Rights Fee is not due and payable under the agreements.

According to report, “Blitz was constrained to seek legal remedy through courts, refraining encashment of guarantee since the payment was not due until the last Match of PSL 2020 was declared by PCB. Blitz, in the last five years of its relationship with PCB has honored all its obligations in accordance with the agreements. However in this instance, Blitz in view of PCB’s unjustified demand had no other option but to approach courts for relief.”

https://www.dawn.com/news/1567008/br...-psl-money-row