Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you (as a Muslim) comfortable using an alcohol based sanitizer on your hands?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have no problem

27 96.43%
  • No, I would prefer using other options to clean hands

1 3.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2637 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Are you (as a Muslim) comfortable using an alcohol based sanitizer on your hands?

Shahid Afridi asking us to use alcohol based sanitizers but do you feel comfortable with that?

=========

Pakistan's former cricketer Shahid Afridi on Friday urged his countrymen to take preventive measures to contain the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.

The veteran all-rounder advised people to wash their hands frequently and to use sanitizers with alcohol content to keep them clean.

"Health is wealth. We have to take some preventive measures to defeat coronavirus. While sneezing, coughing, and before and after having food we have to wash our hands properly. It is very important to use alcoholic sanitizer to sanitise your hands. Use tissue paper while sneezing and coughing and put it in dustbin. If you will stay safe the country will too," Afridi said in a video message posted on Pakistan Cricket's official Twitter handle.

Pakistan on Friday reported its third death from coronavirus as a 77-year-old coronavirus patient died in Sindh, confirmed Sindh health minister Dr Azra Fazal Pechuho.

The patient also had co-morbid conditions including diabetes and hypertension. He was a cancer survivor, Dawn reported.

The number of coronavirus cases in the country has reached 451. The first two fatalities from the infection were reported in the northwestern province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

Prime Minister Imran Khan has decided to form a joint parliamentary committee of treasury and opposition members to seek opposition's support in the fight against novel coronavirus.

"Regarding the coronavirus situation and its control, the formation of a joint parliamentary committee of the government and the opposition was also agreed during the meeting," read a statement from the Prime Minister Office.

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cri...850-2020-03-20
    Last edited by MenInG; 20th March 2020 at 17:56.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odd question, a muslim is forbidden from ingesting alcohol, doesn't mean you can't put it to use elsewhere. Seems rather overdramatic if you have such a problem.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh god (no pun intended)!!!

Seriously?

What next? Letís see is Listerine mouth wash allowed in Islam ? Can anesthesia be taken for pain? Are pain killers halaal or haraam?

I am sure in any religious text alcohol is banned because consumption effects your health and also can affect your social behavior and judgement and cause addiction. I am sure no religion is going to forbid consumption be it orally or like in case of hand sanitizer for medical benefit. If it forbids that even against your or familyís health then you should question it.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2061 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Alcohol and pig consumption is allowed if matter is of life and death

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked with a scholar (Assim Al-Hakeem). He said that it is fine. But, you can't obviously drink alcohol.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I will just go with soap and hot water. I read that it is much more effective.

My stores ran out of hand sanitizers anyway. So, I can't buy it even if I want to.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    I checked with a scholar (Assim Al-Hakeem). He said that it is fine. But, you can't obviously drink alcohol.
    Do you need a religious scholar to teach you common sense?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local.Dada View Post
    Do you need a religious scholar to teach you common sense?
    Better to check with a scholar. There are some guidelines we need to follow. If it is not allowed, there are many other options. Sanitizer is not the only option.

I actually never liked sanitizer. I prefer washing with hand wash soap.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 20th March 2020 at 18:56.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better to check with a scholar. There are some guidelines we need to follow. If it is not allowed, there are many other options. Sanitizer is not the only option.
    I donít even know how to respond to that. Whatever works for you man.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drinking alcohol is haram, Allah forbade that. Using alcohol as a sanitizer is allowed ofcourse.

Furthermore, soap leaves a lot of bacteria unharmed. It's proven that sanitizer kills much more germs.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But sanitizer is the best one. Tbh i can't understand your logic @sweep_shot

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by owais1 View Post
    But sanitizer is the best one. Tbh i can't understand your logic
    I read somewhere that hot water and soap is better. Let me find the article.

Here it is: https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...d-soap-is-dope.

Furthermore, soap leaves a lot of bacteria unharmed. It's proven that sanitizer kills much more germs.
    Coronavirus is not bacteria.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 20th March 2020 at 19:02.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    National Stadium Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am completely comfortable.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ofcourse its a virus. There has been no scientific study to examine alcohol vs soap for corona specifically. However studies have been conducted for other viruses. Your article is not scientific, more an opinion. These articles are scientific:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2813169/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK513254/

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ofcourse its a virus. There has been no scientific study to examine alcohol vs soap for corona specifically. However studies have been conducted for other viruses. Your article is not scientific, more an opinion. These articles are scientific:

Thanks. I couldn't verify the accuracy of that article.

Anyway. I have no issue with using alcohol to wash hand. It is fully allowed.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Coronavirus: How to wash your hands - in 20 seconds

Drinking alcohol is haram, Allah forbade that. Using alcohol as a sanitizer is allowed ofcourse.

But sanitizer is the best one. Tbh i can't understand your logic @sweep_shot

Thanks. I couldn't verify the accuracy of that article.

Anyway. I have no issue with using alcohol to wash hand. It is fully allowed.

The NHS says that washing your hands is a key part of preventing the spread of viruses such as the coronavirus.

Dr Adele McCormick from the University of Westminster demonstrates how to do this properly - which should take about 20 seconds.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like there is no other problem for Muslims to face, ridiculous question. No religion stops you from using common sense. Your intention is the key, whatever act to perform.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3050 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    consuming alcohol as a medicine not banned in Islam..

subhan allh walhamdullh w la ailh ailaa allh w allh aakbar
    Loose Cannons CC | PPCL 2020 Season 1 FC CHAMPIONS | #CannonsFire

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So many Muslims have pigs valve in their heart, there is never a controversy there.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't see why people prefer hand sanitizers. Even scientists and doctors say washing your hands with soap is better.

I get it that you cannot always find soap and water to wash you hand so you keep a sanitizer with you. But I have seen people use hand sanitizer just because they have in their pockets and wouldn't bother going somewhere nearby to wash their soaps with hands.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Shahid Afridi asking us to use alcohol based sanitizers but do you feel comfortable with that?

=========

Pakistan's former cricketer Shahid Afridi on Friday urged his countrymen to take preventive measures to contain the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.

The veteran all-rounder advised people to wash their hands frequently and to use sanitizers with alcohol content to keep them clean.

"Health is wealth. We have to take some preventive measures to defeat coronavirus. While sneezing, coughing, and before and after having food we have to wash our hands properly. It is very important to use alcoholic sanitizer to sanitise your hands. Use tissue paper while sneezing and coughing and put it in dustbin. If you will stay safe the country will too," Afridi said in a video message posted on Pakistan Cricket's official Twitter handle.

Pakistan on Friday reported its third death from coronavirus as a 77-year-old coronavirus patient died in Sindh, confirmed Sindh health minister Dr Azra Fazal Pechuho.

The patient also had co-morbid conditions including diabetes and hypertension. He was a cancer survivor, Dawn reported.

The number of coronavirus cases in the country has reached 451. The first two fatalities from the infection were reported in the northwestern province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

Prime Minister Imran Khan has decided to form a joint parliamentary committee of treasury and opposition members to seek opposition's support in the fight against novel coronavirus.

"Regarding the coronavirus situation and its control, the formation of a joint parliamentary committee of the government and the opposition was also agreed during the meeting," read a statement from the Prime Minister Office.

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cri...850-2020-03-20
    The educated Muslims have a responsibility in this dreadful hour to share/spread/educate fellow Muslims on the need of the hour, rather than put into question certain practices that would save lives.

We all "consume" alcohol all the time. Whether its cough medicine, certain cleaning compounds we all use in daily use, cologne, perfumes, alcohols are used in the manufacturing of certain items of daily use as well.

The reason its forbidden is because it causes inebriation if you drink it. But if its not causing any such situation where you lose your senses it is permissible.

I am a bit disappointed, I have to even write this lecture on a platform of modern communication where most people would be considered educated enough to know this.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will bet right now that even Arabs, Iranians and Muslims from other nations will even have this question in their mind. Itís mostly the sc and UK ones who take these religious interpretations to a different level.

This is such a tasteless and irresponsible thread in the current scenario. Mods might delete my post but it is what it is. Why put this dumb doubts in peopleís head.

If you donít want to use it just donít but donít guilt people who are approaching this from a common sense perspective.

As a respect to what is happening in the world right now, I want this thread to be deleted.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There are people who feel uncomfortable watching Pepa Pig.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2061 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    There are people who feel uncomfortable watching Pepa Pig.
    Overzealous religiosity is as much of a threat as corona. Corona shuts off the lung, but such extremism in religion closes mind.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2637 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan Sasuke View Post
    Odd question, a muslim is forbidden from ingesting alcohol, doesn't mean you can't put it to use elsewhere. Seems rather overdramatic if you have such a problem.
    Why do you think there is a huge market for non-alcohol based perfumes?

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The common stereotype about wearing strong perfumes is usually associated with middle eastern men. Most of them use branded colognes which have alcohol in them.

Why canít you leave it to peopleís choice rather than inserting religion to every single choice especially when it is not harmful to the person or to the society or in this case more pros than cons.

Hand sanitizer has alcohol, so? Under the given circumstances do you want people to avoid them?

When common sense and social etiquette starts taking back seat to religion, it becomes a bigger problem.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2637 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    The common stereotype about wearing strong perfumes is usually associated with middle eastern men. Most of them use branded colognes which have alcohol in them.

Why can’t you leave it to people’s choice rather than inserting religion to every single choice especially when it is not harmful to the person or to the society or in this case more pros than cons.

Hand sanitizer has alcohol, so? Under the given circumstances do you want people to avoid them?

When common sense and social etiquette starts taking back seat to religion, it becomes a bigger problem.
    I dont want them to do anything. I am merely gauging opinion.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what's with the tone?

If i tell a Hindu to eat beef which would save his/her life, would they do it?

It's not as easy as it sounds

so stop sounding condescending

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will bet right now that even Arabs, Iranians and Muslims from other nations will even have this question in their mind. It’s mostly the sc and UK ones who take these religious interpretations to a different level.

This is such a tasteless and irresponsible thread in the current scenario. Mods might delete my post but it is what it is. Why put this dumb doubts in people’s head.

If you don’t want to use it just don’t but don’t guilt people who are approaching this from a common sense perspective.

As a respect to what is happening in the world right now, I want this thread to be deleted.
    Bruv.

Are you hurt?

Is something bothering you?

you're sounding OTT so calm down.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    what's with the tone?

No, but this is a bit of a different case. Muslims see alcohol as an intoxicant and not to be ingested.

Hindus see cows as Holy and something not to be harmed.

I can see a Hindu having problem with anything made of a cow byproduct, but the question itself is ridiculous for a Muslim. We're allowed to have alcohol in medicine anyway.....

Here's something from IslamQA, probably the most extreme version of Islam which forbids many things were are Halal

If the percentage of alcohol is very low and it does not intoxicate, then it is permissible to take it.

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daaíimah (22/110):

It is not permissible to mix medicines with intoxicants, but if it is mixed with alcohol, if drinking a lot of it will cause intoxication, it is haraam to handle it and drink it, whether a small amount or a large amount. If drinking a lot of it will not cause intoxication, then it is permissible to handle it and drink it. End quote.

Shaykh Ibn ĎUthaymeen said:
    With regard to some medicines that contain alcohol, if the effect of the alcohol in the medicine can be seen in the form of intoxication, then it is haraam, but if no effect is seen, and the alcohol is only added to it as a preservative, then there is nothing wrong with it, because the alcoholic content does not have any effect. End quote.

Now we don't even ingest hand sanitiser, so why would it be an issue?

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    No, but this is a bit of a different case. Muslims see alcohol as an intoxicant and not to be ingested.

Hindus see cows as Holy and something not to be harmed.

I can see a Hindu having problem with anything made of a cow byproduct, but the question itself is ridiculous for a Muslim. We're allowed to have alcohol in medicine anyway.....

Here's something from IslamQA, probably the most extreme version of Islam which forbids many things were are Halal

If the percentage of alcohol is very low and it does not intoxicate, then it is permissible to take it.

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (22/110):

It is not permissible to mix medicines with intoxicants, but if it is mixed with alcohol, if drinking a lot of it will cause intoxication, it is haraam to handle it and drink it, whether a small amount or a large amount. If drinking a lot of it will not cause intoxication, then it is permissible to handle it and drink it. End quote.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:
    With regard to some medicines that contain alcohol, if the effect of the alcohol in the medicine can be seen in the form of intoxication, then it is haraam, but if no effect is seen, and the alcohol is only added to it as a preservative, then there is nothing wrong with it, because the alcoholic content does not have any effect. End quote.

Now we don't even ingest hand sanitiser, so why would it be an issue?
    That's even worse.

Imagine telling a dying Hindu that he can't eat beef (which could save his life) because his religion thinks cows are holy.

Doesn't sound like a very sensible thing to me

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't even know there were doubts about using hand sanitiser or any scholar had said it's haram...

Where did this come from?

It's as bizarre as asking if Muslims feel comfortable handling anti freeze.
    Last edited by Halaribo; 20th March 2020 at 21:08.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what's with the tone?

If it comes down to that and if I have to eat beef to save myself,my family and my community regardless of what religion lives in it I will do it in a heartbeat. I wonít even consult a panditji.

We are talking about killing and eating a living thing here while on the other hand using hand sanitizer doesnít harm anyone.

It is pretty uncomplicated. Making this complicated and a religious issue is what is making this more complex than it should be.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Sums up nicely.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I must admit, I am surprised that this sort of question still comes up. Are Muslims really so ignorant they can't differentiate on how substances are used for different purposes?

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've met very few people who would have such a problem. It seems rather illogical, refusing to use a substance that is forbidden to ingest for other useful means.

Though I have had people return a toy set I gifted their kids because it had toy boars in it, so I imagine that's the same thought process.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Alcohol can be used but it cannot be consumed. Muslims need to understand this. There is no harm in using alcohol-based sanitisers, soaps or other hygiene products.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously? We're not drinking the sanitizer. It should ideally be used to rub on the hands

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what is the basis for this? Also isnít investing in stocks kind of a gamble. Not even the experts can predict anything accurately. Isnít gambling haraam
    Anyways.

Who is putting together this list of every financial instrument and classifying this as halaal or haraam, by relating them to scriptures, that itself is very interesting

Anyway as I said I donít want to get into anyoneís religious beliefs or practices, to each his own but obviously when it interferes with Public safety like in the case with not using hand sanitizers because of religious caveats, that becomes a problem
    I avoid stocks as well, just because everything is so grey.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Non-alcohol sanitizer is available too, so no idea why it has to be sanitizer with alcohol in it.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Poland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Non-alcohol sanitizer is available too, so no idea why it has to be sanitizer with alcohol in it.
    more alcohol= better sensitiser

The alcohol breaks libid and proteins in a virus. Even if the virus goes in your body after using a sanitizer..it will be a very weak virus and limit the harm it does to you.

With handwash you need to wash hand properly at least for half a minute to make sure the virus is gone.

Source : My virologist brother in law

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First we should consider why ingesting alcohol is considered as haram. Maybe-
    1. due to intoxication and the person not in right state of mind
    2. Causes self harm and harm to others
    3. Brings down productivity etc.
    Now, using it for saving a life should not be haram as some of you mentioned rightly. So I don't see any problem in using alcohol based medicines and sanitizers. Morever, alcohol are a class of compounds sharing same functional group, the one we refer is grain alcohol or ethanol and sanitizers use isopropanol. You don't need to consult someone whether you can save a life or not. Use common sense.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No problem.

However I dont use it, I use anti-bacterial wipes which are better.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    No problem.

However I dont use it, I use anti-bacterial wipes which are better.
    Anti-Bacterial
    Virus

Anyway, @sweep_shot was made fun of earlier but he is right. Handwashing with soap for 30 seconds is much more effective than using sanitiser or wipes

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    Anti-Bacterial
    Virus

Anyway, @sweep_shot was made fun of earlier but he is right. Handwashing with soap for 30 seconds is much more effective than using sanitiser or wipes
    Hot water too is essential. But dont burn your hands lol

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Hot water too is essential. But dont burn your hands lol
    well i just tested positive

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadeemp View Post
    Really? Damn!

Get well soon.

You may want to give an update here: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...ronavirus-here.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give religion a break please, lets not drag religion in everything .

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    May God give you health.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not good.

May Allah give you health.

Do let us know when you recover (which will be soon InshaALLAH)

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear that. Take care and get well soon.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear that. Take care and get well soon.
    no problem breathing. no fever. just chills and body aches from helll. the body aches are almost unbearable. gf is a doctor. so in good hands

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I donít understand is that the title clearly states the question is for Muslims and I assume you are not one so why derail the thread with patronizing remarks?

I mean you have the right not to agree with the beliefs and there are numerous thread for that. but why jump in this one when the title clearly suggests that the question is for Muslims only? Whatís the motivation?

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odd thread. Stupid thinking like this had made Muslims into a laughing stock. Using logic, alcohol is being applied to kill germs and to stop the Covid 19 virus from spreading. Muslims will not consume the alcohol.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never even thought about it until I saw this thread. Overzealous leads to ignorance and stupidity. Islam is a religion of common sense so use common sense. Protect yourself and the people around you. Umrah is postponed and Hajj may get canceled this year most likely. For the sake of people. And we are talking about ethanol in some hand sanitizes.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
    What I donít understand is that the title clearly states the question is for Muslims and I assume you are not one so why derail the thread with patronizing remarks?

I mean you have the right not to agree with the beliefs and there are numerous thread for that. but why jump in this one when the title clearly suggests that the question is for Muslims only? Whatís the motivation?
    Motivation is, why have a topic that puts doubts and guilt in peopleís heads when the need of the day is being proactive and taking every precaution available.

I donít need religion to tell me that drinking alcohol is harmful but sure if you need religion as a moral
    Compass to help you with self control I am all up for that because I am pro-religion.

However my request to the op was not to bring in such doubts which may not be in the best interest in the current situation.

From what I have observed there are quiet a few pious young UK Muslims on here who probably didnít give it much thought but now all of a sudden they might take this to heart and protest against this sanitary practice that will only lead to more issues.

These Young kids Who are pure at heart interpret everything from a religious perspective and may not have much understanding about current affairs and common laws.

So there you go thatís my motivation.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Surrey, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I don’t understand is that the title clearly states the question is for Muslims and I assume you are not one so why derail the thread with patronizing remarks?

I mean you have the right not to agree with the beliefs and there are numerous thread for that. but why jump in this one when the title clearly suggests that the question is for Muslims only? What’s the motivation?
    Side affects of using the Traditional Indian Hand ‘sanitizer’. Drinking it wasn’t enough...

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/stor...246-2020-03-17

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Motivation is, why have a topic that puts doubts and guilt in people’s heads when the need of the day is being proactive and taking every precaution available.

I don’t need religion to tell me that drinking alcohol is harmful but sure if you need religion as a moral
    Compass to help you with self control I am all up for that because I am pro-religion.

However my request to the op was not to bring in such doubts which may not be in the best interest in the current situation.

From what I have observed there are quiet a few pious young UK Muslims on here who probably didn’t give it much thought but now all of a sudden they might take this to heart and protest against this sanitary practice that will only lead to more issues.

These Young kids Who are pure at heart interpret everything from a religious perspective and may not have much understanding about current affairs and common laws.

So there you go that’s my motivation.
    Ok but I doubt that would be an issue and even if this creates doubt, people can google and nearly every Islamic site people would find on the internet will say that Hand Sanitizer with alcohol are allowed.

Anyways I also find this thread a bit unneeded because as far as I know is pretty common knowledge that Hand Sanitizer are allowed in Islam even one with Alcohol. However your needlessly patronizing post were not needed, I doubt anyone here is so gullible that they would stop using Sanitizer because someone made a thread about it.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok but I doubt that would be an issue and even if this creates doubt, people can google and nearly every Islamic site people would find on the internet will say that Hand Sanitizer with alcohol are allowed.

Anyways I also find this thread a bit unneeded because as far as I know is pretty common knowledge that Hand Sanitizer are allowed in Islam even one with Alcohol. However your needlessly patronizing post were not needed, I doubt anyone here is so gullible that they would stop using Sanitizer because someone made a thread about it.
    I think it will have no effect on people on this board. But i bet there will be many people in pakistan who will not use it due to someone bringing up the argument

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    In this case you are not consuming anyway so thatís a moot point

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That's even worse.

Imagine telling a dying Hindu that he can't eat beef (which could save his life) because his religion thinks cows are holy.

Doesn't sound like a very sensible thing to me
    There is no ban on beef in hinduism.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad we have our priorities in order....

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The average person shouldn't be using hand sanitizer anyway. Soap and water provide the same protection when used correctly. Hand sanitizer should be saved for the medical staff who don't have the time to wash their hands all the time when checking one patient after another.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no issue in using Hand Sanitizers. I dont know one Muslim who has a problem using it.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it will have no effect on people on this board. But i bet there will be many people in pakistan who will not use it due to someone bringing up the argument
    Hand Sanitizers are getting sold out in Pakistan. Clearly most people don't have a problem with it.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    no problem breathing. no fever. just chills and body aches from helll. the body aches are almost unbearable. gf is a doctor. so in good hands
    IA you recover quickly. Which country are you in?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    No problem using anything that works.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what's with the tone?

Have you been drinking the hand sanitizer...?

Thereís no logic in that attempted equivalency.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Alcohol is Haram , it is Not napak . Touching it is not prohibited.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He might not be a muslim but hes speaking way more sense that some of the geniuses here who are talking to their ulemas and not using what Allah gave them between their ears. Refreshing to see such an educated and self aware poster.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alcohol is banned in Islam because its consumption intoxicates you and you lose control of yourself.

Pig consumption is banned because pig eats other animals and even their own poop.

My question to geniuses on here is how come this simple logic flew over your head that you had to consult your alimsss to ask if hand sanitziers are okay? How low is the average IQ of muslims in the west?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Alcohol is banned in Islam because its consumption intoxicates you and you lose control of yourself.

Pig consumption is banned because pig eats other animals and even their own poop.

My question to geniuses on here is how come this simple logic flew over your head that you had to consult your alimsss to ask if hand sanitziers are okay? How low is the average IQ of muslims in the west?
    #FirstWorldProblems

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone that thinks alcohol sanitizer is haram isnt a Muslim. Making something that is clearly halal into something haram takes you out of the fold of islam. You may aswell say breathing is haram.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Rider View Post
    Side affects of using the Traditional Indian Hand ‘sanitizer’. Drinking it wasn’t enough...

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/stor...246-2020-03-17
    @Local.Dada its great that you were so concerned for Muslims and posted so much about it here. How come you haven’t shown the same concern for Hindus? Or do you think the practise mentioned in the article above isn’t dangerous for society?

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Threads like this show that certain Muslims don't apply any critical thinking or logic behind their beliefs. They don't truly understand why they do or are required to do certain things. It is just illiterate, blind faith for some.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    He might not be a muslim but hes speaking way more sense that some of the geniuses here who are talking to their ulemas and not using what Allah gave them between their ears. Refreshing to see such an educated and self aware poster.
    99% of the posters here have said that alcohol based sanitizers are allowed. Anyways even if a couple of posters were unsure and wanted further clarification there is nothing wrong with that.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Local.Dada its great that you were so concerned for Muslims and posted so much about it here. How come you haven’t shown the same concern for Hindus? Or do you think the practise mentioned in the article above isn’t dangerous for society?

Firstly cow urine has no religious significance. Sure there are few people who think there is some scientific significance which may be dumb and these are idiots not religious bigots. It is a very small subset that doesnít even deserve attention.

So no one needs to come out and specifically give out statements for or against this.

However this alcohol thing is made out to be a religious issue and even some folk living in western countries are debating if hand sanitizer is kosher.

I donít need to consult a Hindu figurehead to apply or not apply cow urine.

How do you not see the difference.

Do you want me to start googling random articles of stupidity of people in other religions as well including Islam? Will that get us anywhere?

I am calling out on this subject because even educated folk and some living in western countries have made this as a point to think about.

Not everything is an attack or religion or a measuring contest between my religion vs your religion. Stop having a myopic view

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The very fact that we have a thread about the fact that if we are comfortable using alcohol based sanitizers shows how ill informed we are. Wont be surprised if the majority of muslims would rather not use sanitizer and thereby kill their fellow muslims or neighbours.

Common sense tells me use non alcohol based sanitizer but it not available then just use the alcohol one.

My question though here is, if a muslim refuses to use sanitizer because it contained alcohol or if he wasnt bothered and goes to mosque, transfers his disease to others and dies in the mosque and also kills others, will this muslim be a shaheed or a murderer?

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Local.Dada How is not a religious issue? All groups advocating for cow urine are Religious groups not scientists. “The alcohol thing” was brought up by a random poster on an online forum. No significant Muslim groups or even scholars have ever said Alcohol based Sanitizer is not allowed. On the other hand we have major religious groups in India saying that cow urine is a good substitute for Sanitizer. You don’t see that as dangerous?

https://www.dw.com/en/hindu-group-ho...rus/a-52773262

I have no intention of attacking anyone religion but it confuses me that you think cow urine does not have religious association . Just read the article above. The group advocating for is called. “Hindu Bharat Mahasaba “ while the article from Indiatoday was about a Temple. Are those not religious groups ? Why are you concerned about a poster here but completely sugar coating what established religious groups in India are saying.
    Last edited by Poutine; 22nd March 2020 at 21:22.