Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 106
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    137,295
    Mentioned
    2637 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

    Mohammad Hafeez takes a dig at the potential selection of Sharjeel Khan

    Name:  5317621d-2f3a-4e4d-ac6b-2081e3676c1c.jpg
Views: 2038
Size:  99.5 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    5,447
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    both dignity / pride, and talent are immeasurable

    the cricket team should be selected on the basis of performance. Those with the best recent performances should be selected.

    Hafeez knows he doesn't have the performance to back up his selection, now just looking for ways around it

  3. #3
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    1,615
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    both dignity / pride, and talent are immeasurable

    the cricket team should be selected on the basis of performance. Those with the best recent performances should be selected.

    Hafeez knows he doesn't have the performance to back up his selection, now just looking for ways around it
    Your part of the crowd that wants Amir in the t20 team despite him having a tainted past. You clearly don't care about the dignity part.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    16,963
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If any player damaged the dignity and pride i.e. if we are judging and they shouldnt be considered ever than why not give them life bans?

    My problem is if you are banning someone for 2-5 years then they should be considered equivalent to others after they have served their ban as that is what the purpose of bans. If top management thinks that they should never be considered than they should be handed life bans, how difficult it is? Not treating someone with some sort of equality when he serves his ban is wrong in my opinion, change needs to be in the length of the ban if you dont want to see anyone near the sport ever.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    137,295
    Mentioned
    2637 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    So Hafeez starting this debate again. He did same when Amir came back.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,885
    Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hafeez is in the same team as Salman Butt.

    Aqib Javed who said fixers should never play selected Salman Butt in LQ.

    Joke.

    Sharjeel & Kami > Imam & Fakhar & Shehzad.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    1,195
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Hafeez is in the same team as Salman Butt.

    Aqib Javed who said fixers should never play selected Salman Butt in LQ.

    Joke.

    Sharjeel & Kami > Imam & Fakhar & Shehzad.
    Kami is pretty average in ODI Fakhar averages 40+ with SR 90+

    Sharjeel should open with Fakhar in ODI
    Sharjeel and Haider should open in T20I

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,191
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What's this? Taking a dig at Sharjeel now, what was Waqar's observations?

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    3,872
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hypocrite Hafeez strikes again.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    3,872
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen4ever View Post
    Kami is pretty average in ODI Fakhar averages 40+ with SR 90+

    Sharjeel should open with Fakhar in ODI
    Sharjeel and Haider should open in T20I
    1. Sharjeel
    2. Haider
    3. Babar
    4. Fakhar

    Imagine this top 4 in ODIs

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    2,012
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    Hypocrite Hafeez strikes again.
    How is Hafeez a hypocrite?

    He has never been involved in any corrupt activities and he has always taken a principled stance. If anything Hafeez cares more about what it means to play for Pakistan than Butt, Asif, Amir, Sharjeel or Akmal ever did.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    2,012
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez is right. You've got to draw the line somewhere. Unfortunately the board couldn't care less about the damage fixers have done to Pakistan's image.

    And Pakistan is not even the only team that has had fixers. Just look at the example India have set. But our board seems to be content with a slap on the wrist. And let's not forget that Sharjeel lied through his teeth and denied everything just like Butt.
    Last edited by RedwoodOriginal; 20th March 2020 at 22:09.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    3,872
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    How is Hafeez a hypocrite?

    He has never been involved in any corrupt activities and he has always taken a principled stance. If anything Hafeez cares more about what it means to play for Pakistan than Butt, Asif, Amir, Sharjeel or Akmal ever did.
    He uses his connections(media persons) to keep himself in the team despite mediocre performances. Then he has the audacity to pose this facade of a pious gentleman . If he is such a principled person then why did he agreed to play with the tainted ones after showing his reservation ?

    He objected to the return of trio because he was afraid that Salman might displace him. He is doing it again for the same reason.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    5,504
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny a 3 times proven batta bowler is talking about "DIGNITY and PRIDE" lmao


    you really can't beat the game. If you earn anything, it's minus taxes. If you buy anything it's plus taxes.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    3,872
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by from_da_lost_dim3nsion View Post
    Funny a 3 times proven batta bowler is talking about "DIGNITY and PRIDE" lmao
    I forgot his chucking fiasco altogether.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    2,266
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This coming from a man that's been banned from bowling 4 times yet still considers himself a key part of Pakistan LOIs.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    5,447
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    Your part of the crowd that wants Amir in the t20 team despite him having a tainted past. You clearly don't care about the dignity part.
    This has been debated a million times here so I won't rehash it.... to me, bottom line is, Amir served his time and should be allowed back into society/his profession without hindrance, like any other person in the world.

    That said, I don't want Amir in the T20/ODI teams.. he wasn't one of the 5 best fast bowlers in the PSL, we clearly have more consistent bowler in Pakistan.

    The same can't be said for Sharjeel. Its not clear if we have better openers than him for T20

  18. #18
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    44,063
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    What's this? Taking a dig at Sharjeel now, what was Waqar's observations?
    Waqar said that he needs to work on his fitness. They can't hide him in the field especially in large grounds in Australia.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    77,673
    Mentioned
    2038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel served his ban. He's done his time for the crime.

    Hafeez did the same drama when Mohammad Amir was coming back.....yet he played alongside him.
    Last edited by Saj; 20th March 2020 at 23:00.



  20. #20
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    2,012
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    He uses his connections(media persons) to keep himself in the team despite mediocre performances. Then he has the audacity to pose this facade of a pious gentleman . If he is such a principled person then why did he agreed to play with the tainted ones after showing his reservation ?

    He objected to the return of trio because he was afraid that Salman might displace him. He is doing it again for the same reason.
    Any evidence or are you just clinging to whataboutery and your dislike for him? Go look at Hafeez's recent domestic performances before you make unsubstantiated claims. Even when he came back into the test side two years ago he did it on the back of double hundreds in domestic.

    If he is such a principled person then why did he agreed to play with the tainted ones after showing his reservation

    How about because its the Pakistan cricket team and not the Mohammad Amir cricket team? Also, he and Azhar Ali were specifically told by the board not to pursue the matter which is why they dropped it.

    He objected to the return of trio because he was afraid that Salman might displace him

    What a joke. Butt isn't good enough to displace anyone. He's been playing domestic cricket for 5 years and no one has even thought about selecting him to play for Pakistan.

    He is doing it again for the same reason.

    Keep believing in conspiracy theories. They are clearly more believable to you than the idea of a person taking a principled, moral stance.


  21. #21
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,181
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen4ever View Post
    Kami is pretty average in ODI Fakhar averages 40+ with SR 90+

    Sharjeel should open with Fakhar in ODI
    Sharjeel and Haider should open in T20I
    You can't use logic with @Hawkeye. So what if Fakhar has done better than Kami. Kami can 'play 360 shots better than anyone' and we don't have anyone as 'dynamic'. His average means nothing.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    2,012
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Sharjeel served his ban. He's done his time for the crime.

    Hafeez did the same drama when Mohammad Amir was coming back.....yet he played alongside him.
    If he was an ex-con I would agree with you. But there has to be a difference between that and representing your country. As long as we keep thinking like this we shouldn't be surprised when another Pakistani player gets caught fixing.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    35,907
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Hafeez a tax cheat, bowling cheat, what else? Pot calling kettle black

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,885
    Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen4ever View Post
    Kami is pretty average in ODI Fakhar averages 40+ with SR 90+

    Sharjeel should open with Fakhar in ODI
    Sharjeel and Haider should open in T20I
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    You can't use logic with @Hawkeye. So what if Fakhar has done better than Kami. Kami can 'play 360 shots better than anyone' and we don't have anyone as 'dynamic'. His average means nothing.
    Fakhar is a proven hack and definitely had his fluke moments to shine, until teams figured him out. Which wasn't a hard thing to do at all - anyone could see it.

    Pitch it short. Or target his body. And he's done. There's a reason why he's a constant failure now.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    16,963
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    If he was an ex-con I would agree with you. But there has to be a difference between that and representing your country. As long as we keep thinking like this we shouldn't be surprised when another Pakistani player gets caught fixing.
    If PCB and govt as a whole thinks the crime is big enough to never represent your country again then players should be handed life bans. When you are banning someone for 2-5 years, its only fair to consider the other person on merit just like others. Otherwise no point in deciding these lengths and straight life bans should be given.

    In the case of Sharjeel I think he has served whatever punishment he was given and now he should be considered on merit.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    7,322
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    A proven chucker and a cheat who is in the team for years due to connections has the gall to question others.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    77,673
    Mentioned
    2038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    If he was an ex-con I would agree with you. But there has to be a difference between that and representing your country. As long as we keep thinking like this we shouldn't be surprised when another Pakistani player gets caught fixing.
    If he was banned for life then he could have no arguments, but he didn't choose the punishment.



  28. #28
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    3,872
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Any evidence or are you just clinging to whataboutery and your dislike for him? Go look at Hafeez's recent domestic performances before you make unsubstantiated claims. Even when he came back into the test side two years ago he did it on the back of double hundreds in domestic.

    If he is such a principled person then why did he agreed to play with the tainted ones after showing his reservation

    How about because its the Pakistan cricket team and not the Mohammad Amir cricket team? Also, he and Azhar Ali were specifically told by the board not to pursue the matter which is why they dropped it.

    He objected to the return of trio because he was afraid that Salman might displace him

    What a joke. Butt isn't good enough to displace anyone. He's been playing domestic cricket for 5 years and no one has even thought about selecting him to play for Pakistan.

    He is doing it again for the same reason.

    Keep believing in conspiracy theories. They are clearly more believable to you than the idea of a person taking a principled, moral stance.
    If I remember correctly, you are the same person who was justifying Malik's place in the team a year back. Now you believe Hafeez plays in the team on merit. I have nothing further to add.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    1,409
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    He uses his connections(media persons) to keep himself in the team despite mediocre performances. Then he has the audacity to pose this facade of a pious gentleman . If he is such a principled person then why did he agreed to play with the tainted ones after showing his reservation ?

    He objected to the return of trio because he was afraid that Salman might displace him. He is doing it again for the same reason.
    So just to be clear - Hafeez is the bad guy because, although he objected to a former fixer being allowed to play for Pakistan, he continued to play for Pakistan. According to your logic, he should have dropped himself from the Pakistan side in protest when the tainted players came into the team?

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,191
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The problem with Hafeez's assertion is that in Pakistan's recent history, the team has been riddled with cheats and fixers.

    Where do you stop pointing fingers since the names being mentioned are the one that have been caught. I just hope this disease is eradicated from Pakistan team and the game in general going forward.

  31. #31
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    4,635
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to Misbah the curse of the 40 year olds isn’t going away anytime soon from our team. Shameless person whose milked the system for the last 12 years.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    200
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez should man up and resign from playing cricket in protest against the laws passed by ICC and PCB. He should return all income he made from PCB and humbly state that he signed on all those contracts by mistake. And because he does not agree with the laws of PCB and ICC to punish the fixers, he won't play anymore cricket under PCB and ICC contracts.

    Seriously, such idiocy shouldn't be tolerated when someone does not understand the concept of giving a man a fair chance after he has done his time.

    We are humans and we are bound to make mistakes and we get punished as per law - and after that, we should get a fair chance.

    There could be mistakes where the punishment is death penalty by law; and looks like if Hafeez was in power, personally he would NEVER made any mistake in his life, and he would hang anyone who would made any mistake.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    7,934
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The precedent was set with Amir. If Hafeez accepts Amir, he has to accept Sharjeel.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  34. #34
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    14,181
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's not his place to speak up about this, but clearly when fans and the board say otherwise, who's left to say these things?

    Since we have banned the trio, we have had five more fixers. That's not even including the guys who failed to report approaches. Simply put these short bans are not a big enough deterrent. No other country is as lenient as we are, and as long as we continue to do this we will keep getting fixers.

    Most countries take the initiative themselves and ban cricketers who have fixed for life. They realise that they have to protect the integrity of their cricket and plan for the long term. We just don't care.

    I think a lot of Pakistani fans are within their own bubble. Talk to fans of other countries and see how they see fixing. I'm honestly amazed how welcoming people are to fixers, do they not see the long term damage which is done getting them back into the squad?

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    77,673
    Mentioned
    2038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Hafeez's team-mate at Lahore Qalandars in PSL5 was Salman Butt.

    Any objections from Hafeez playing alongside Butt?



  36. #36
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    200
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    It's not his place to speak up about this, but clearly when fans and the board say otherwise, who's left to say these things?

    Since we have banned the trio, we have had five more fixers. That's not even including the guys who failed to report approaches. Simply put these short bans are not a big enough deterrent. No other country is as lenient as we are, and as long as we continue to do this we will keep getting fixers.

    Most countries take the initiative themselves and ban cricketers who have fixed for life. They realise that they have to protect the integrity of their cricket and plan for the long term. We just don't care.

    I think a lot of Pakistani fans are within their own bubble. Talk to fans of other countries and see how they see fixing. I'm honestly amazed how welcoming people are to fixers, do they not see the long term damage which is done getting them back into the squad?

    What you are saying is agreeable; however, to get to this, these tweets by Hafeez won't do.
    The right way is to review and update the laws to punish the fixers that we currently have in place.

    It's not a lawless scenario where existing laws will be stepped on, things will be moved and changed and flipped flopped because to please Hafeez.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    14,181
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    What you are saying is agreeable; however, to get to this, these tweets by Hafeez won't do.
    The right way is to review and update the laws to punish the fixers that we currently have in place.

    It's not a lawless scenario where existing laws will be stepped on, things will be moved and changed and flipped flopped because to please Hafeez.
    Hafeez is the worst person to speak up about it unfortunately. He's been banned multiple times for chucking and is on the fringes of team selection, and shouldn't be picked for the teams anymore. I would love it if a captain said something about it. If say Babar, Misbah, even Sarfraz in the past said something, then it would really highlight the issue. But they won't want to say anything against the PCB, and I don't blame them I understand it's a difficult position.

    In turn the PCB will happily carry on being lenient to fixers if us as fans are happy to let fixers back. They are just appeasing the fans. PCB will never set a "life ban on all fixers" policy as a result.

    Really the biggest thing would be someone like say Babar speaking up. Fans would listen, maybe actually think about the issue deeply rather than just sidelining it just because Hafeez said it. I am positive many more feel like this, no clean player wants to play in a team with fixers, it's insulting, you try to so hard to be picked for the team, and players have the audacity to make mockery of it and fix for money. However they don't want the controversy, don't want to go against the PCB, and worse in some cases might be scared the bookies will endanger them if they do.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Yonge-Dundas
    Runs
    9,217
    Mentioned
    1070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hafeez is right. Sharjeel is a disgusting cheat (like Amir) who shouldn't play for Pakistan ever again. Such people deserve to be unemployed for the rest of their lives. You should suffer the consequences of your actions.


    You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan, designed and directed by his red right hand.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Yonge-Dundas
    Runs
    9,217
    Mentioned
    1070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Even before the ban Sharjeel wasn't a world beater.
    Last edited by The Viper; 21st March 2020 at 04:34.


    You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan, designed and directed by his red right hand.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    35,907
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pakistan needs Sharjeel, we are not spoilt for choices

  41. #41
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    5,151
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well he has guts to say truth. He said that back then now he is saying again.
    It's not his fault if PCB brought back others back.

  42. #42
    Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    2,656
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez knows his spot in the team is at stake from multiple directions.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    15,440
    Mentioned
    2412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    It’s absurd that Hafeez tries to take the moral high ground against Sharjeel.

    The PCB published their findings against Sharjeel, which basically said “we have no evidence whatsoever but Sethi says he’s guilty”. I did a whole thread on it.

    In contrast, Hafeez is a repeat offender with multiple convictions for chucking. He has no qualms about cheating to dismiss batsmen he can’t get out legitimately.

    I do believe that one of these two is entitled to occupy the moral high ground. But it’s not Hafeez.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,260
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty rich comments coming from the guy who 1) constantly makes a comeback to bowl in international cricket, only for him to start chucking again and then get banned again 2) was OK with playing with Salman Butt in LQ.

    I can't help but think that Hafeez is just hiding his own inconsistency as a player by saying things like representing Pakistan with 'dignity and pride'.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    5,547
    Mentioned
    476 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    It’s absurd that Hafeez tries to take the moral high ground against Sharjeel.

    The PCB published their findings against Sharjeel, which basically said “we have no evidence whatsoever but Sethi says he’s guilty”. I did a whole thread on it.

    In contrast, Hafeez is a repeat offender with multiple convictions for chucking. He has no qualms about cheating to dismiss batsmen he can’t get out legitimately.

    I do believe that one of these two is entitled to occupy the moral high ground. But it’s not Hafeez.
    Hafeez is a hypocrite. He protests against Amir and Sharjeel, but where were the protests against playing with Salman Butt? His words lose legitimacy when he has cheated the system on numerous occasions.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    200
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    Hafeez is the worst person to speak up about it unfortunately. He's been banned multiple times for chucking and is on the fringes of team selection, and shouldn't be picked for the teams anymore. I would love it if a captain said something about it. If say Babar, Misbah, even Sarfraz in the past said something, then it would really highlight the issue. But they won't want to say anything against the PCB, and I don't blame them I understand it's a difficult position.

    In turn the PCB will happily carry on being lenient to fixers if us as fans are happy to let fixers back. They are just appeasing the fans. PCB will never set a "life ban on all fixers" policy as a result.

    Really the biggest thing would be someone like say Babar speaking up. Fans would listen, maybe actually think about the issue deeply rather than just sidelining it just because Hafeez said it. I am positive many more feel like this, no clean player wants to play in a team with fixers, it's insulting, you try to so hard to be picked for the team, and players have the audacity to make mockery of it and fix for money. However they don't want the controversy, don't want to go against the PCB, and worse in some cases might be scared the bookies will endanger them if they do.
    No.
    My train of thoughts is slightly different and I will come to my point.

    First, lets talk about Sharjeel.

    This is what I wrote a few days ago about Sharjeel's possible selection in the team.

    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    It's a game of weighing in the probabilities based on analysis to make the call.

    In my personal opinion, the probability of Sharjeel inflicting the damage on our own team with his absolutely poor fielding is higher than the probability of him being beneficial for the team with his bat.

    Good length rising ball with a good speed will expose him 9 out of 10 times in the international cricket.

    But seriously, I am looking at the physique of some of the international players like Alex Hales, Weise etc. Just how lean, strong and active are they in the field?
    And then we have the likes of Sharjeel and Azam Khan and Haris Sohail.
    .
    .
    .
    ... these days if poor fielding gives, just ONE chance, (one drop catch or one missed run out chance), the batsmen goes on to slaughter the bowling team.

    I am all for Sharjeel to fight for a spot in the team with hard work and by further improving his batting but that's just one aspect of the requirement.

    He MUST become a good fielder to meet the modern day's cricket requirement. And to do that, the very first step is to lose at least 30 pounds.

    Same goes for Haris and Azam and anyone else.

    YOU MUST BECOME A VERY GOOD FIELDER TO SURVIVE IN THE MODERN DAY CRICKET.
    .
    Now come Hafeez.
    We have a very good poster here by name @Majid Khan
    If you read his posts that analyze Hafeez, he will echo what I whole heartedly believe.
    The worst player among those who were given the longest run.

    And now I come to my point where I differ from you.

    When a current member of the team (be it Hafeez or Baber or Malik) or in the administration (be it Misbah or Waqar) takes a high moral ground over Sharjeel or any other player who may be making a comeback after doing his time, THEN it creates an environment of vendetta and malice within the team players when such a player IS actually selected in the team.

    For example, if Sharjeel walks into the team, and Hafeez is there too, how do you think Sharjeel will look up to Hafeez, and what would the dressing room environment look like?

    So I am totally against the current team players blabbering against a player who has done his time and wants to get into the team by merit based performance.

    If Hafeez and or anyone in the current administration has the balls, then they should quietly resign in protest and hold the meeting with selectors in privacy to inform them with the reasons.
    THIS is what will earn them respect.

    Team unity and a gelling chemistry within the dressing is of extreme importance for them to perform better on the battle field.
    And such stupid tweets by the likes of Hafeez shatter that team unity into pieces. It creates an unpleasant environment in the dressing room when the player in question gets selected.

    On the other hand, I have no problem if a former player or an ex PCB employee raises his voice against the selection of Sharjeel. I will personally support such a notion of free speech.

    There is a thin line between free speech and stupidity. Something that Hafeez can't seem to get the grasp of.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    2,012
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    If I remember correctly, you are the same person who was justifying Malik's place in the team a year back. Now you believe Hafeez plays in the team on merit. I have nothing further to add.
    Because Malik too deserved his place back then based on the fact that he had been one of Pakistan's best limited-overs players leading upto that time-period.

    But I think there's no point trying to argue anything with people like you. People whose opinions are always going to based on their own biased viewpoints rather than actual stats, evidence, data. The fact that you've ignored everything I said about Hafeez (which is who we were talking about in the first place) is evidence of that. So I think I'll leave this conversation here. I mean there's hardly any point arguing with people who reject reason and live in their own self-constructed bubbles.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    National Stadium Karachi
    Runs
    12,858
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did wrong when we brought back Amir in 2016. Fixers should be banned forever from international cricket. Play as many leagues or domestics as you want.

    That being said, Sharjeel is a different case to Amir. He's also extremely unfit and an atrocious fielder. Doesn't deserve a place in the Pakistan side.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    3,872
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Because Malik too deserved his place back then based on the fact that he had been one of Pakistan's best limited-overs players leading upto that time-period.

    But I think there's no point trying to argue anything with people like you. People whose opinions are always going to based on their own biased viewpoints rather than actual stats, evidence, data. The fact that you've ignored everything I said about Hafeez (which is who we were talking about in the first place) is evidence of that. So I think I'll leave this conversation here. I mean there's hardly any point arguing with people who reject reason and live in their own self-constructed bubbles.
    Ah yes, evidence, stats, data, reason yk

    I am sure Hafeez and Malik's staggering batting averages and strike rates are testament to their glittering careers. Not to mention their sublime performances as experienced pros on overseas tours and major tournaments.

    I am stunned that these TTFs still have supporters in 2020 and they apparently support them on the basis of reason and logic . Fans like you deserve all the Akmals, Hafeezs and Maliks of the world.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    137,295
    Mentioned
    2637 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Mohammad Hafeez's team-mate at Lahore Qalandars in PSL5 was Salman Butt.

    Any objections from Hafeez playing alongside Butt?
    No problems at all, I take it.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  51. #51
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    3,444
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez is a opener, Sharjeel is a opener, two CV s for same job, So what hafeez is doing is making his CV strong

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    2,218
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sensing a bit of insecurity from Hafeez

  53. #53
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    13,493
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Sharjeel served his ban. He's done his time for the crime.

    Hafeez did the same drama when Mohammad Amir was coming back.....yet he played alongside him.
    not a drama. he has a valid point.

    There is a line, and corruption is that last line which these guys have crossed.


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  54. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    16,963
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryw View Post
    Hafeez is a opener, Sharjeel is a opener, two CV s for same job, So what hafeez is doing is making his CV strong
    Hafeez isnt considered an opener now, he is looked at as more of a middle order batsman now a days.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    16,963
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    not a drama. he has a valid point.

    There is a line, and corruption is that last line which these guys have crossed.
    That line should then be defined by PCB and govt by handlng life bans. When someone has completed whatever ban he was given then he should be considered on merit.

    There is no point in behind the door understanding of not selecting someone when that player has completed the punishment decided by PCB and ICC. To give unofficial underhand life ban to someone is not very professional too in my opinion.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    296
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cameron Bancroft, Steven Smith and Dave Warner received far less bans than they should have.

    They cheated and then lied about it.

    They’re back.


    Sharjeel showed his quality in PSL. He needs to lose weight for sure but Pakistan needs him. What PCB needs to do is handle him better than Amir and be more strict with him.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    33,433
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is a known cheat with his bowling action. So he is the last person to talk.

    But he has a point about Sharjeel.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    44,063
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    2,012
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryw View Post
    Hafeez is a opener, Sharjeel is a opener, two CV s for same job, So what hafeez is doing is making his CV strong
    Hafeez is not an opener. He has been playing in the top/middle order for years now.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,339
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Wow, changes the perspective so much. If he's that dedicated, I sincerely hope for Pakistan and himself that he makes a return for T20 WC whenever it's held next

  61. #61
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,576
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez is right. You see the true character of a nation when they choose to defend someone who sold the nation out for a few dollars, over someone like Hafeez who played a pivotal part in us winning test series against England, Australia, South Africa, CT in England.....

    Quote Originally Posted by khan_aa View Post
    Cameron Bancroft, Steven Smith and Dave Warner received far less bans than they should have.

    They cheated and then lied about it.

    They’re back.


    Sharjeel showed his quality in PSL. He needs to lose weight for sure but Pakistan needs him. What PCB needs to do is handle him better than Amir and be more strict with him.

    They cheated to help their country. Sharjeel did the typical Pakistani corruption

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,770
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    So Hafeez starting this debate again. He did same when Amir came back.
    Silly of him really. May be Hafeez has received the signal that he will not be picked in the squad..

  63. #63
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    77,673
    Mentioned
    2038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    not a drama. he has a valid point.

    There is a line, and corruption is that last line which these guys have crossed.
    My point is why make a big deal of it regarding Sharjeel, when he quite happily played alongside Salman Butt at Lahore Qalandars.



  64. #64
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    5,151
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Silly of him really. May be Hafeez has received the signal that he will not be picked in the squad..
    yeah that true. According to his interview that's available in youtube that PCB told him that Amir is gonna play if you do not want to play then that's fine with PCB.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    13,493
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    My point is why make a big deal of it regarding Sharjeel, when he quite happily played alongside Salman Butt at Lahore Qalandars.
    he had an issue with Butt's return aswell.

    I think one of the reason why he didnt get the captaincy was because of BUtt being in the same team as him. Thats an assumption though, but making sohail akhtar dint make any sense


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  66. #66
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    13,493
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    That line should then be defined by PCB and govt by handlng life bans. When someone has completed whatever ban he was given then he should be considered on merit.

    There is no point in behind the door understanding of not selecting someone when that player has completed the punishment decided by PCB and ICC. To give unofficial underhand life ban to someone is not very professional too in my opinion.
    nope.

    If you did ur time, ur not doing an ehsan on anyone...

    Playing for Pakistan is a privilege, not ur birth right.

    PCB has defined the line, its the fans who dont understand it.

    corruption is the last line, you cross that, you will get a ban. And once that ban last, the PCB does a big ehsan by allowing you to play domestic. In my opinion, fixing should have straight life bans, no coming backs. Be it match fixing or spotfixing.


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    1,311
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel has done his time and the slate is now clean.

    A Pakistani society has little leg to stand on to refuse to give second chances. Given how much of a mess the country is in there are all kinds of push factors which could lead someone to fix, and sometimes that is beyond that individual's control.

    For example if your family have been threatened by the fixers who are you going to call? The Pakistani police?

    This is why once the sentence has been served we give second chances.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    740
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is why I call hafeez “pyaan” and not the professor. Where was your morals when you played with Butt? Where was your morals when you played with Amir?

    Fact is you are corrupt as well but on a different level, you get picked cause of liking/disliking and are nothing more than a jobber. You’ll get fully exposed in the WC. Enjoy your last remaining salary with malik.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    740
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    He is a known cheat with his bowling action. So he is the last person to talk.

    But he has a point about Sharjeel.
    Fact regarding sharjeel is that he should’ve gotten a lifetime ban. It just goes to show how these guys are taking match fixing lightly. Sharjeel has talent but he let the country down, his tears mine nothing to me. It just goes to show he learned nothing from the spot fixing scandal of 2010. He’ll most likely now get a red carpet treatment into the team and into the WC squad.

    PCB should do the same thing as BCCI did with Sreesanth.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,191
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    This is why I call hafeez “pyaan” and not the professor. Where was your morals when you played with Butt? Where was your morals when you played with Amir?

    Fact is you are corrupt as well but on a different level, you get picked cause of liking/disliking and are nothing more than a jobber. You’ll get fully exposed in the WC. Enjoy your last remaining salary with malik.
    At least Malik has the decency to milk his situation quietly in the background unlike this jobber who likes to get on his moral high horse and start babbling on.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    77,673
    Mentioned
    2038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    he had an issue with Butt's return aswell.

    I think one of the reason why he didnt get the captaincy was because of BUtt being in the same team as him. Thats an assumption though, but making sohail akhtar dint make any sense
    He made an issue about Mohammad Amir and now Sharjeel Khan. I don't recall him saying anything against Salman Butt.



  72. #72
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    35,907
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Hafeez is the past, Sharjeel is the future. The PCB has made it clear. That said, lol Wasim Khan was not happy with Sharjeel's fitness.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    200
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be an interesting scene to see Hafeez and Sharjeel on the scene where Sharjeel calls for a quick run but returns back to his crease and leaves Hafeez out in the cold half way down on the pitch (giving Hafeez a taste of his own medicine) and settles the score of issuing this tweet.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    323
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is he attacking Sharjeel? Hafeez doesn't play as an opener anymore. If Sharjeel comes back, he will compete with Fakhar/Imam/Abid.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    153
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I defended Amirs return into the team, I am beginning to see how that one event set a very dangerous precedent for situations going forward, and the responsibility lies on no one but the PCB.

    They are sending out a message stating that fixing is fine, as long as you don't get caught. And if you do, just be prepared to sit out a year or two.

    Is this the message you wish to send out? What happened to putting your foot down to stop this nonsense?

    If anyone fixes, they should never be able to represent their national team ever again. They can play in the PSL, domestic tournaments all that but will never be able have the pride of representing their country at international level.

    Just my two cents.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,656
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    If any player damaged the dignity and pride i.e. if we are judging and they shouldnt be considered ever than why not give them life bans?

    My problem is if you are banning someone for 2-5 years then they should be considered equivalent to others after they have served their ban as that is what the purpose of bans. If top management thinks that they should never be considered than they should be handed life bans, how difficult it is? Not treating someone with some sort of equality when he serves his ban is wrong in my opinion, change needs to be in the length of the ban if you dont want to see anyone near the sport ever.
    this is a great point. If you think a player should never play for Pakistan then give that player a life ban. Dont ban that player for x years and then act like it is a lifetime ban. This is dishonesty.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,656
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    How is Hafeez a hypocrite?

    He has never been involved in any corrupt activities and he has always taken a principled stance. If anything Hafeez cares more about what it means to play for Pakistan than Butt, Asif, Amir, Sharjeel or Akmal ever did.
    Hafeez is a proven hypocrite. Salman Butt plays for his team whose crime is way worst than Sharjeel's. Plus Hafeez has beeen caught multiple times having illegal action.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    740
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    At least Malik has the decency to milk his situation quietly in the background unlike this jobber who likes to get on his moral high horse and start babbling on.
    Malik is a jerk himself but yea you are right he’s a jerk who keeps to himself.

    Forever known as Shoaib “I know a good sheesha place not far from here” Malik.

    Both pyaan hafeez and malik will fail in the t20 WC just like they did in the WC19. Hafeez with one solitary match winning performance other that threw his wicket away. Malik got bowled first ball by pandaya which is embarrassing enough.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    2,012
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    Hafeez is a proven hypocrite. Salman Butt plays for his team whose crime is way worst than Sharjeel's. Plus Hafeez has beeen caught multiple times having illegal action.
    So? Why should Hafeez not play because Butt is playing? Has he done something wrong for him to not do what he loves doing? It's Butt who should have had the shame to never show his face on a cricket field but then again he lied through his teeth just like Sharjeel so I guess in his mind he probably still thinks he is innocent.

    All of you can keep playing mental gymnastics but the fact remains that Hafeez never sold out his country and has more dignity and self-respect than any of these fixers. And last I checked his action was deemed legal by ICC. Also, the very fact that you're saying one crime is worse than the other shows your own indifference to Sharjeel's actions which more than anything tainted the already checkered reputation of Pakistan cricket. But I guess as long as we have millions of accepting folks like yourself there shouldn't be any trouble getting all current and future fixers back in the side.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    3,229
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it just me or do others also find it irritating to see the over-confidence shown from certain 'senior' players who themselves have managed to play top level cricket for so long despite having such mediocre records and are well known in cricket cirles for their own limitations and ineffectiveness any half-decent opposition. They have somehow managed to get selected throughout their careers despite strings of failures and incompetency when up against tough opposition or difficult match situations, but then they give statements questioning the credentials or merits of selecting other players and that too using big words such as 'dignity' and 'pride' ?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •