Captain: World Cup Captain

Vice Captain: @Thunderbolt14

Ground Characteristics:

Bounce - High
    Seam - High
    Swing - High
    Spin - Low
    Deterioration - Low
    Last edited by The Viper; 29th March 2020 at 20:53.

O man! surely you must strive (to attain) to your Lord,
    A hard striving until you meet Him.

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    Batman Space/Gotham City
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    This is your team thread. @world cup captain

O man! surely you must strive (to attain) to your Lord,
    A hard striving until you meet Him.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If anyone wants to play for Karachi, please list your name underneath so when the draft comes, I can be considerate of it.

“I've never lost a game I just ran out of time.” Micheal Jordan

Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by world cup captain View Post
    If anyone wants to play for Karachi, please list your name underneath so when the draft comes, I can be considerate of it.
    Would like to know about the management, I would like to be in a team where I can hone my bowling skills further, so someone like Aqib Javed in your management would be appreciated.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrentDevil View Post
    Would like to know about the management, I would like to be in a team where I can hone my bowling skills further, so someone like Aqib Javed in your management would be appreciated.
    We're have roped in Muhammad Wasim for a 2-year contract due to his success in the recent domestic T-20. We saw how he turned a bunch of eager youngsters into champions which we expect to see this season from him as well.

In his recent press conference, he asserted "At Karachi Kings, we do NOT sign TTFs or over the hill oldies like @Smbhayi who are simply trying to collect their pensions. This team is for those looking to give everything they have to achieve one common goal, winning the championship."

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rumor says Babar Azam and Mohammad Amir are likely to join the Karachi Kings for the season. The two are expected to join the team for preseason training and will be available for the duration of the season.

The team is yet to announce a bowling coach which will be vital for this young, yet phast bowling attack.

Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're have roped in Muhammad Wasim for a 2-year contract due to his success in the recent domestic T-20. We saw how he turned a bunch of eager youngsters into champions which we expect to see this season from him as well.

In his recent press conference, he asserted "At Karachi Kings, we do NOT sign TTFs or over the hill oldies like @Smbhayi who are simply trying to collect their pensions. This team is for those looking to give everything they have to achieve one common goal, winning the championship."
    Glad that you have chosen the right Wasim. I would like to be in a team which has no tainted figures around, I am a Right handed Shaheen Afridi, franchises gonna have a war over drafting me, gonna be snapped by whoever gets first pick.

P.s. hope this doesn't backfire

Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumor says Babar Azam and Mohammad Amir are likely to join the Karachi Kings for the season. The two are expected to join the team for preseason training and will be available for the duration of the season.

The team is yet to announce a bowling coach which will be vital for this young, yet phast bowling attack.
    Sorry bruv, this is disappointing.

Can't we set Standards of Dignity & Pride Higher than any other “Extra Talent” to represent Karachi Kings

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Glad that you have chosen the right Wasim. I would like to be in a team which has no tainted figures around, I am a Right handed Shaheen Afridi, franchises gonna have a war over drafting me, gonna be snapped by whoever gets first pick.

P.s. hope this doesn't backfire
    In a backroom chat, Wasim did mention that he's looking for tall, phast young bowlers who are willing to learn. If you're open to playing for a world-class cricket team, then look no further.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

experience matters

BTW who is this Wasim guy.. seem like he dont mind to have certified cheater..

subhan allh walhamdullh w la ailh ailaa allh w allh aakbar
    Loose Cannons CC | PPCL 2020 Season 1 FC CHAMPIONS | #CannonsFire

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I would like to represent my home team

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Come to Lahore Qalandars then.

We have Aaqib Javed and we are also planning to being International Shaheen Afridi star. You twins can be a great asset. :SSA

Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARK Rafay View Post

We have Aaqib Javed and we are also planning to being International Shaheen Afridi star. You twins can be a great asset. :SSA
    I am in too much in demand it seems, will have a chat with my manager, your offer seems interesting, would absolutely love to play with Shaheen, but no Salman Butt please

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARK Rafay View Post

I am in too much in demand it seems, will have a chat with my manager, your offer seems interesting, would absolutely love to play with Shaheen, but no Salman Butt please
    Some media reports have been surfacing that owners of Lahore Qalanders are looking into getting Mohammad Asif to join in for the coming season due to Aqib Javed's disappointing performance in the previous season. This could be a very hot topic that could divert attention from on-field action.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have had some off-field issues in my early career, but some say that before my drug ban, mujhay kum charhti thi aur ball ko ziyada. I also don't talk about the incident at the Dubai airport.

I am now back after 2 years and ready to play for Karachi. 6'5" bowler who can move the ball both ways at 145 kph. Will be sure to pepper opposition batsmen with bouncers, jazba, and daleri. My favorite way to solve a problem is to aim for the tumtuma. Have also always worked well with Muhammad Wasim, one of my favorite coaches on the circuit. Where he goes I go. #KarachiJeetayGa.
    Last edited by Thunderbolt14; 24th March 2020 at 05:12.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    I have had some off-field issues in my early career, but some say that before my drug ban, mujhay kum charhti thi aur ball ko ziyada. I also don't talk about the incident at the Dubai airport.

I am now back after 2 years and ready to play for Karachi. 6'5" bowler who can move the ball both ways at 145 kph. Will be sure to pepper opposition batsmen with bouncers, jazba, and daleri. My favorite way to solve a problem is to aim for the tumtuma. Have also always worked well with Muhammad Wasim, one of my favorite coaches on the circuit. Where he goes I go. #KarachiJeetayGa.
    I am also 24 years old and ready to make my mark as a young phast bowler by lifting Karachi to the trophy ;)

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Wasim is not opposed to second chances as long he believes there is potential. Given your ability to bowl phast yorkers and bouncers, I am sure Wasim will keep you in mind.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some media reports have been surfacing that owners of Lahore Qalanders are looking into getting Mohammad Asif to join in for the coming season due to Aqib Javed's disappointing performance in the previous season. This could be a very hot topic that could divert attention from on-field action.
    And I'm well aware who paid the media to create such false reports.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the team lads. Feel free to chip in with any suggestions. At the moment, we have the VC position vacant.
    @Thunderbolt14 @Watsupdoc @Da_Future_Knick

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Honored to be selected. Current coronavirus season but I am eagerly releasing videos online pretending that I am doing push ups at my home. Maybe if any of these videos become popular, I will start my YouTube channel that I have always dreamed of making for the Indian audience.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Thanks skip! Let’s make Karachi proud.

Btw what happened to my private villa by the beach that I was promised upon signing with the team?

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    646 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Representing my team! Let's get it boyz

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the team lads. Feel free to chip in with any suggestions. At the moment, we have the VC position vacant.
    @Thunderbolt14 @Watsupdoc @Da_Future_Knick
    Skip can you please update on the OP how many batsmen, bowlers, AR, etc we have in the team at the moment?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Skipper, what does team strategy look like? I would be excited to take the new ball with Mohammad Amir at the other end and knock other teams out within the powerplay

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 9.30.24 AM.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  29.9 KB

@Thunderbolt14 @Watsupdoc @Da_Future_Knick @JibranAnsari @ahmadharis1 @Rayyman @Smudger @iPakistani

This is the current standing of the squad. We'll need a couple of the WK to switch to regular batsmen which won't make a difference to your batting ability.

In the international draft, we'll probably pick a couple of fast bowlers and a spinner as we only have one bowler right now.

The team also needs a Vice Captain so if anyone wants to sign up, feel free to. There won't be a lot of work unless you want to dive deep into stats and such.

Most importantly, be active so we can discuss everything rather than make decisions alone.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    761 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watsupdoc View Post

Btw what happened to my private villa by the beach that I was promised upon signing with the team?
    I will gift you a private island if you join Peshawar.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Salman Iqbal reached out to me last night, he has decided to give everyone on the squad lifetime access to free food from KFC.

He later sent me details of your villa. He also threw in a custom 2020 Lamborghini Aventador S to the package. It will be at your villa after we destroy Peshawar.

Quote Originally Posted by Manager101 View Post
    Do you think a player with the caliber of Watsupdoc will play with Kamran Akmal? That's despicable.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Thunderbolt14 @Watsupdoc @Da_Future_Knick @JibranAnsari @ahmadharis1 @Rayyman @Smudger @iPakistani

This is the current standing of the squad. We'll need a couple of the WK to switch to regular batsmen which won't make a difference to your batting ability.

In the international draft, we'll probably pick a couple of fast bowlers and a spinner as we only have one bowler right now.

The team also needs a Vice Captain so if anyone wants to sign up, feel free to. There won't be a lot of work unless you want to dive deep into stats and such.

Most importantly, be active so we can discuss everything rather than make decisions alone.
    I assume we are not picking Babar then? Since we only have 2 international picks if I’m not mistaken. We also only have 2 bowlers right now, how will we fill the quota with 4 bowlers (myself, @iPakistani, and 2 international bowlers). We will need @Smudger to become another bowling option. @Smudger are you okay with this?

Also, I would like to be Vice-Captain.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I assume we are not picking Babar then? Since we only have 2 international picks if I’m not mistaken. We also only have 2 bowlers right now, how will we fill the quota with 4 bowlers (myself, @iPakistani, and 2 international bowlers). We will need @Smudger to become another bowling option. @Smudger are you okay with this?

Also, I would like to be Vice-Captain.
    Perfect. You're on as VC of Karachi.

The bowling isn't an issue anymore as @Smudger will be a fast bowler since he doesn't have an assigned role. @shafkath who was our very last pick of the draft also does not have an assigned role so he can also be a fast bowler.

All we need is a spinner and another fast bowler (hopefully Amir). Babar will be gone by the time we get to pick our international player.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 12.53.03 PM.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  30.1 KB

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeetu View Post
    Grounds Available
    Ground Bounce Seam Swing Spin Deterioration
    Diamond Club Ground Avg Low Good High Avg
    National Stadium High Avg Good Low Good
    Gaddafi Stadium Low High High Avg Low
    Arbab Niaz Stadium Low Low Good High Good
    Bugti Stadium High Good Avg Low High
    Multan Cricket Stadium Low Good High Good Low
    Posting this here for reference. @jeetu these are accurate to what will be used this time right? Also, are we pre-assigned our stadium ie Karachi will have National Stadium?
    Last edited by Thunderbolt14; 25th March 2020 at 22:36.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Posting this here for reference. @jeetu these are accurate to what will be used this time right? Also, are we pre-assigned our stadium ie Karachi will have National Stadium?
    I assumed we will be at the National Stadium for our home games so pacers will be crucial at home. Given that we can sign as many international players, we can pick up two spinners when we are away.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Perfect. You're on as VC of Karachi.

The bowling isn't an issue anymore as @Smudger will be a fast bowler since he doesn't have an assigned role. @shafkath who was our very last pick of the draft also does not have an assigned role so he can also be a fast bowler.

All we need is a spinner and another fast bowler (hopefully Amir). Babar will be gone by the time we get to pick our international player.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 12.53.03 PM.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  30.1 KB
    I was thinking that we get one international platinum spinner regardless of the other pick. The reason for this is so that we can compete on any ground available with a strong bowling attack (currently we are dependent on fast bowlers). A regular international spinner is very weak according to the stats.
    Last edited by Thunderbolt14; 25th March 2020 at 22:44.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I was thinking that we get one international platinum spinner regardless of the other pick. The reason for this is so that we can compete on any ground available with a strong bowling attack (currently we are dependent on fast bowlers). A regular international spinner is very weak according to the stats.
    That's the plan.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Every Captain will be allowed to customize Bounce , Seam , Swing , Spin and Deterioration of home team to suit the overall strategy.

Team Name Islamabad United
    Home Ground Diamond Club Ground

Team Name Lahore Qalandars
    Home Ground Gaddafi Stadium

Team Name Multan Sultans
    Home Ground Multan Cricket Stadium

Team Name Peshawar Zalmi
    Home Ground Arbab Niaz Stadium

Team Name Quetta Gladiators
    Home Ground : Bugti Stadium

Team Name Karachi Kings
    Home Ground : National Stadium

Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manager101 View Post
    Just a private Island? What about the other perks?

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Salman Iqbal reached out to me last night, he has decided to give everyone on the squad lifetime access to free food from KFC.

He later sent me details of your villa. He also threw in a custom 2020 Lamborghini Aventador S to the package. It will be at your villa after we destroy Peshawar.

Do you think a player with the caliber of Watsupdoc will play with Kamran Akmal? That's despicable.
    Now this is what I am talking about. I would also like to include a paid world tour. Of course I will be 'promoting' the Kings brand all over the world during the off-season to all the 'pretty people'

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I would change some of the wicket-keepers to bowlers and in the international pick go for at least one Batsman.

From Experience with this sim, I can tell highly skilled batsmen are more useful than bowlers.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    @world cup captain - I meant at least one batsman from international Platinum.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    764 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thx for selecting me.

Excited for the tournament #karachijeetayga

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    764 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As for my role I can play as a specialist wicket-keeper or off-spin all-rounder.

Either way I am a middle-order batsman.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @Watsupdoc @Thunderbolt14

We can pick 5 international KK players right now.

At the moment, we have 2 right arm fast bowlers, 1 left arm fast bowler, 2 left hand batsmen, 3 right hand batsman, 1 right hand wk and 1 right hand fast bowling AR.

We're missing 2-3 spinners (we can select Umer Khan and Usama Mir from the international draft). I can also switch to a spinner which will allow us to select Babar, Sharjeel and Amir.

Then, we'll have 2 platinum international batsmen along with enough fast bowlers and spinners to rotate with respect to pitch attributes.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Just a private Island? What about the other perks?
    Hello, what's going on here

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    646 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If we still need a keeper and it doesnt affect our batting stats, I'll be WK

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

We can pick 5 international KK players right now.

At the moment, we have 2 right arm fast bowlers, 1 left arm fast bowler, 2 left hand batsmen, 3 right hand batsman, 1 right hand wk and 1 right hand fast bowling AR.

We're missing 2-3 spinners (we can select Umer Khan and Usama Mir from the international draft). I can also switch to a spinner which will allow us to select Babar, Sharjeel and Amir.

Then, we'll have 2 platinum international batsmen along with enough fast bowlers and spinners to rotate with respect to pitch attributes.
    The 2 PP platinum contracts will be better than the international platinum contracts. If batsmen are so important as per Watsupdoc we can award both of these to PP batsmen and have at least one intl platinum batsman. Other intl we can take one bowler. Thoughts @world cup captain @Watsupdoc ?

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    The 2 PP platinum contracts will be better than the international platinum contracts. If batsmen are so important as per Watsupdoc we can award both of these to PP batsmen and have at least one intl platinum batsman. Other intl we can take one bowler. Thoughts @world cup captain @Watsupdoc ?
    Ah I didn't know about 2 PP platinum being better yea in that case it might make sense to have one 2 platinum International bowlers - are there limits on how many games 2 platinum internationals can play?

It's also about balance - in the past teams that have had very strong batting line-ups have suffered as well. As well as teams that have very strong bowling.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No limits.

Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too much chaos in KK camp as usual

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Infighting going on

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You should pay more attention to your own team or else Islamabad might forget to qualify again

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    764 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadharis1 View Post
    Not with those butterfingers u have

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadharis1 View Post
    We have too many keeper, you will mostly likely be converted into a regular batsman.

Ah I didn't know about 2 PP platinum being better yea in that case it might make sense to have one 2 platinum International bowlers - are there limits on how many games 2 platinum internationals can play?

It's also about balance - in the past teams that have had very strong batting line-ups have suffered as well. As well as teams that have very strong bowling.
    I believe we can play a total of 4 platinum players, 2 pp players and 2 international players. There is not limit on how many games a player can play. If that's the case, then 2 platinum batsmen and 2 platinum fast bowlers on our home ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Not with those butterfingers u have
    You're supposed to have banter with other teams, not you own teammates.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    764 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We have too many keeper, you will mostly likely be converted into a regular batsman.

I believe we can play a total of 4 platinum players, 2 pp players and 2 international players. There is not limit on how many games a player can play. If that's the case, then 2 platinum batsmen and 2 platinum fast bowlers on our home ground.

You're supposed to have banter with other teams, not you own teammates.
    Ok sorry kaptaan saab

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a complete shambles of a thread

No match for United

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFM View Post
    What a complete shambles of a thread

No match for United
    You will be ranked number 1 from the bottom with Misbah at the helms

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    @world cup captain @TrentDevil

Just look at points in more details. I think our contracts should look something like below, given that these are T20s I highly doubt we'll really need high skill ARs, though having some as ARs as back-up is always good.

Team composition:

PP Platinum:

WK - Platinum (since the wiki has to play all games think the platinum should go to it)
    Batsman - Platinum

International Platinum:

Bowler - Fast
    Bowler - Fast Medium

PP Diamond:
    Batsman
    Batsman
    Bowler - Medium Fast (since you wanna go fast bowlers route)

PP Gold:
    Batsman
    Bowler (Leg spin)
    Bowler (fast)
    Bowling A/R (spin)

Non/contracted - International Regular:
    Batsman
    Batsman
    Batsman
    Bowler (off spin)
    Bowling A/R (sla)
    Bowler (medium fast)
    Pure A/R (medium)

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @world cup captain @TrentDevil

Just look at points in more details. I think our contracts should look something like below, given that these are T20s I highly doubt we'll really need high skill ARs, though having some as ARs as back-up is always good.

Team composition:

PP Platinum:

WK - Platinum (since the wiki has to play all games think the platinum should go to it)
    Batsman - Platinum

International Platinum:

Bowler - Fast
    Bowler - Fast Medium

PP Diamond:
    Batsman
    Batsman
    Bowler - Medium Fast (since you wanna go fast bowlers route)

PP Gold:
    Batsman
    Bowler (Leg spin)
    Bowler (fast)
    Bowling A/R (spin)

Non/contracted - International Regular:
    Batsman
    Batsman
    Batsman
    Bowler (off spin)
    Bowling A/R (sla)
    Bowler (medium fast)
    Pure A/R (medium)
    How does this look?

Players Rolel Bat Skill Bowl Skill Role Hand Contract
    1 Sherjeel Khan Batsman Left Handed 90 0 Platinum
    2 @ahmadharis1 Batsman 85 0 Right Hand Platinum
    3 @Watsupdoc Wicket Keeper 95 0 Right Hand Platinum
    4 @Rayyman Wicket Keeper→ Batsman 95 0 Right Hand Platinum
    5 @Da_Future_Knick Batsman 85 0 Left Hand Diamond
    6 @JibranAnsari Wicket Keeper→ Batsman 80 0 Right Hand→ Left Hand Gold
    7 @iPakistani Bowling AR 60 70 Right Hand Gold
    8 Mohammad Amir Fast Medium 35 90 Left Arm Fast Medium
    9 @Thunderbolt14 - Vice Captain Fast Bowler 30 85 Left Arm Diamond
    10 @world cup captain - Captain Batsman→ Fast Bowler 25 80 Left Arm→ Right Arm Gold
    11 @shafkath Fast Medium 25 80 Right Arm Gold
    12 @Smudger Off Spinner 20 75 Rigth Arm Uncontracted
    13 Usama Mir Leg Spin 20 75 Right Arm Uncontracted
    14 Umer Khan Leg Spin 20 75 Left Arm Uncontracted
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    How does this look?

1 Sherjeel Khan Batsman Left Handed 90 0 Platinum
    2 @ahmadharis1 Batsman 85 0 Right Hand Platinum
    3 @Watsupdoc Wicket Keeper 95 0 Right Hand Platinum
    4 @Rayyman Wicket Keeper→ Batsman 95 0 Right Hand Platinum
    5 @Da_Future_Knick Batsman 85 0 Left Hand Diamond
    7 @iPakistani Bowling AR 60 70 Right Hand Gold
    8 Mohammad Amir Fast Medium 35 90 Left Arm Fast Medium
    9 @Thunderbolt14 - Vice Captain Fast Bowler 30 85 Left Arm Diamond
    10 @world cup captain - Captain Batsman→ Fast Bowler 25 80 Left Arm→ Right Arm Gold
    11 @shafkath Fast Medium 25 80 Right Arm Gold
    12 @Smudger Off Spinner 20 75 Rigth Arm Uncontracted
    13 Usama Mir Leg Spin 20 75 Right Arm Uncontracted
    14 Umer Khan Leg Spin 20 75 Left Arm Uncontracted
    I would go for a fast bowler instead of Sharjeel - you already have 2 - 95 skill bat, so I think 90 skill bowler would balance it out nicely.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    @world cup captain - Also you definitely need uncontracted and international regular batsmen as well in the squad.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I would go for a fast bowler instead of Sharjeel - you already have 2 - 95 skill bat, so I think 90 skill bowler would balance it out nicely.
    @world cup captain - Also you definitely need uncontracted and international regular batsmen as well in the squad.
    Yeah, we're a bit batting heavy I suppose with Sharjeel. We can swap out Umer Khan for a fast bowler (platinum) and keep Sharjeel as uncontracted. We have a limit of 4 international players in the squad.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Me working hard on my nutrition and getting fit ahead of the season.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Yeah, we're a bit batting heavy I suppose with Sharjeel. We can swap out Umer Khan for a fast bowler (platinum) and keep Sharjeel as uncontracted. We have a limit of 4 international players in the squad.
    Are you sure there is a limit of 4 international players in the squad? In the international players draft it says we can pick two from platinum and three from regular

Our default XI would look something like below with this squad (assuming swapping Umer Khan with someone else):

1) Babar (batsman - international regular - skill: 75)
    2) Watsupdoc (WK - Platinum - skill: 95)
    3) Rayyman (Batsman - Platinum - skill: 95)
    4) Da_Future_Knick (Batsman - Diamond - skill: 85)
    5) Ahmadharis (Batsman - Diamond - skill: 85)
    6) Jibranansari (Batsman - Gold - skill: 80)
    7) Mohammad Amir (Bowler - International Platinum - skill bowl: 90)
    8) Chris Jordan (or another medium fast bowler) (Bowler - International Platinum - skill bowl: 90)
    9) Thunderbolt (Bowler - Diamond - skill bowl: 85)
    10) world cup captains (Bowler - Gold - skill bowl: 80)
    11) smudger (or another spinner ideally leg spin) - (Bowler - Gold - skill bowl: 80)

Extras:

12. Ipakistani - (bowling AR - Gold - bat skill: 55 / bowl skill: 65) - Is he spin / fast?

13. shafkath - bowler (uncontracted - bowl skill: 75) - Fast medium / (if we can have only 4 international then we need to change this one to a spinner)

14. Sharjeel Khan (international regular - skill: 75)

15. Usama Mir / Umer Khan (international regular - skill 75)

I think that's a pretty solid squad. What do you think?
    Last edited by Watsupdoc; 26th March 2020 at 22:07.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Are you sure there is a limit of 4 international players in the squad? In the international players draft it says we can pick two from platinum and three from regular

Our default XI would look something like below with this squad (assuming swapping Umer Khan with someone else):

8) Chris Jordan (or another medium fast bowler) (Bowler - International Platinum - skill bowl: 90)
    11) smudger (or another spinner ideally leg spin) - (Bowler - Gold - skill bowl: 80)

Extras:

12. Ipakistani - (bowling AR Fast Bowler - Gold - bat skill: 55 / bowl skill: 65) - Is he spin / fast?

13. shafkath - bowler (uncontracted - bowl skill: 75) - Fast medium / (if we can have only 4 international then we need to change this one to a spinner)

Yes, I misread the limit. We can choose a total of 5 international players.

Would you prefer to make smudger an off spinner as we will have a leggie in the form of Usama Mir/Umer Khan?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Extras:

12. Ipakistani - (bowling AR - Gold - bat skill: 55 / bowl skill: 65) - Is he spin / fast?

Let’s shift Babar to number 4 and Da Future Knick up top. Don’t want a walking wicket to start with against the best bowlers from the other team. Otherwise looks fantastic

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Let’s shift Babar to number 4 and Da Future Knick up top. Don’t want a walking wicket to start with against the best bowlers from the other team. Otherwise looks fantastic
    We can debate about the line up depending on the pitch type. You don't want to send your best batsmen up top on a devilish pitch. On the other hand, if it's a pancake, you want to load up your best batsmen with the most amount of overs.

An important aspect is to balance your right/left handers so a team has to play both a leggie and off spinner to take full advantage. Otherwise, if we load up on right handers or left handers, only one kind of spinner will do the job.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Yes, I misread the limit. We can choose a total of 5 international players.

Would you prefer to make smudger an off spinner as we will have a leggie in the form of Usama Mir/Umer Khan?
    Up to you skip. I think generally leg-spinners tend to do better than offies for some reason. That's why was suggesting a gold contracted spinner to be a leggie, but yea makes sense to make him an offie to have more options.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Yea as the skipper said below - line-up really will depend on ground and pitch. This was just kind of an example of who would typically feature in the XI.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    1 Babar Azam Batsman 75 0 Right Hand Uncontracted
    2 Wicket Keeper 95 0 Right Hand→Left Hand Platinum
    3 @Rayyman Wicket Keeper→ Batsman 95 0 Right Hand Platinum
    4 @Da_Future_Knick Batsman 85 0 Left Hand Diamond
    5 @ahmadharis1 Batsman 85 0 Right Hand Diamond
    7 Mohammad Amir Fast Medium 35 90 Left Arm Platinum
    8 Chris Jordan Medium Fast 35 90 Right Hand Platinum
    9 Fast Bowler 30 85 Left Arm Diamond
    11 @Smudger Legspinner 25 80 Left Arm Gold
    12 @shafkath Fast Medium 20 75 Right Arm Uncontracted
    13 @Ipakistani Fast Bowling AR 55 65 Right Arm Gold
    14 Usama Mir Leg Spin 20 75 Right Arm Uncontracted
    15 Sharjeel Khan Batsman 75 0 Left Hand Uncontracted

Final Squad? Dropped Umer Khan for the leggie Usama Mir and changed smudger to left hand leg spinner so we hand both hand leggies.
    Last edited by world cup captain; 26th March 2020 at 23:35.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    1 Babar Azam Batsman 75 0 Right Hand Uncontracted
    2 Wicket Keeper 95 0 Right Hand→Left Hand Platinum
    3 @Rayyman Wicket Keeper→ Batsman 95 0 Right Hand Platinum
    4 @Da_Future_Knick Batsman 85 0 Left Hand Diamond
    5 @ahmadharis1 Batsman 85 0 Right Hand Diamond
    7 Mohammad Amir Fast Medium 35 90 Left Arm Platinum
    8 Chris Jordan Medium Fast 35 90 Right Hand Platinum
    9 Fast Bowler 30 85 Left Arm Diamond
    11 @Smudger Legspinner 25 80 Left Arm Gold
    12 @shafkath Fast Medium 20 75 Right Arm Uncontracted
    13 @Ipakistani Fast Bowling AR 55 65 Right Arm Gold
    14 Usama Mir Leg Spin 20 75 Right Arm Uncontracted
    15 Sharjeel Khan Batsman 75 0 Left Hand Uncontracted

Final Squad? Dropped Umer Khan for the leggie Usama Mir and changed smudger to left hand leg spinner so we hand both hand leggies.
    Looks good to me!

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Likewise! Also, I would like to nominate @Watsupdoc as Senior Player/Mentor.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I will put in some of the player change requests and then submit the squad.

Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should pay more attention to your own team or else Islamabad might forget to qualify again

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Wise decision.

Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    @world cup captain aren't you going to submit the squad?

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @world cup captain aren't you going to submit the squad?
    I will, there is a different way to format it according to Jeetu. Just working on that.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I will, there is a different way to format it according to Jeetu. Just working on that.
    Cool skip! Let's get this thing started.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @JibranAnsari I saw your post on the player change thread. I made that change so there we have a balanced team as the sim considers every aspect of the team. A few other players' roles were changed including mine.

This won't impact your ability in anyways, your skill points are the same. Everyone still expects you to smash everything in the middle.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    @world cup captain - can we try the following line-up against Lahore? Want to see how a mix of low and high skill pans out.

1) ahmedharis1
    2) Sharjeel Khan
    3) Babar Azam
    4) Watsupdoc
    5) Jibranansari
    6) Da_Future_Knick
    7) Ipakistani
    8) Arshad Iqbal
    9) Thunderbolt 14
    10) smudger
    11) Usama Mir

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @world cup captain - can we try the following line-up against Lahore? Want to see how a mix of low and high skill pans out.

1) ahmedharis1
    2) Sharjeel Khan
    3) Babar Azam
    4) Watsupdoc
    5) Jibranansari
    6) Da_Future_Knick
    7) Ipakistani
    8) Arshad Iqbal
    9) Thunderbolt 14
    10) smudger
    11) Usama Mir
    Sure, we can experiment around for the friendlies.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    @world cup captain - what are the thoughts for first round?

I think we should go for normal or flat wicket first up. My preference is more for Flat.