Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well known personalities infected with Covid-19

the contagion is so infectious that it has not even spared global personalities, rich or poor, old or young, across any sphere of influence.

This thread is to just report who is infected, and hopefully they recover.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by MenInG; 25th March 2020 at 16:49.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    The coronavirus has infected hundreds of thousands of people across the world, in turn locking down cities, closing schools and causing families to self-isolate in their homes.

Thousands of people have died after testing positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, which has been found in every continent except Antarctica.

The virus has also made its way into the worlds of sport, film, politics and royalty.

Here we take a look at some of the noteworthy figures to have contracted the illness.

Prince Albert II of Monaco

The 62-year-old reigning monarch confirmed he had tested positive for the virus on Thursday.

However, a palace statement said his health is not worrying.

The palace said he is being treated by doctors from the Princess Grace Hospital, named after his US actress mother.

It says Albert is continuing to work from his home office in the palace and is in constant contact with members of his government.

Michel Barnier

The European Union's chief negotiator for its future relationship with Britain after Brexit has confirmed he has coronavirus.

Mr Barnier tweeted that he is doing well and is in good spirits.

"For all those affected already, and for all those currently in isolation, we will get through this together."

Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson

The Hollywood couple said they were taking it "one day at a time" in quarantine after contracting the coronavirus.

Hanks and Wilson, both 63, confirmed they had tested positive for the disease on Thursday 12 March.

In an Instagram post, Hanks wrote: "Hello folks. @ritawilson and I want to thank everyone here Down Under who are taking such good care of us.

"We have COVID-19 and are in isolation so we do not spread it to anyone else.

"There are those for whom it could lead to a very serious illness.

"We are taking it one-day-at-a-time."

Idris Elba

The British actor confirmed he had contracted COVID-19 on Twitter on Tuesday 17 March.

The actor said he felt fine and had no symptoms, but had been isolated since he found out that he may have been exposed to the virus.

In a tweet he said: "This morning I tested positive for COVID-19. I feel ok.

"I have no symptoms so far but have been isolated since I found out about my possible exposure to the virus.

"Stay home people and be pragmatic. I will keep you updated on how I'm doing. No panic."

Mikel Arteta

Arsenal's head coach Mikel Arteta tested positive for the coronavirus and self-isolated in line with government guidelines.

He wrote on Twitter: Thanks for your words and support.

"Feeling better already. We're all facing a huge and unprecedented challenge.

"Everyone's health is all that matters right now."

Chelsea's entire men's squad self-isolated after winger Callum Hudson-Odoi also contracted COVID-19.

Mark Prendergast of Kodaline in 2018

Games of Thrones star Hivju, who played the wildling warrior Tormund Giantsbane, self-isolated with his family after contracting the illness.

He wrote in an Instagram post: "We are in good health - I only have mild symptoms of a cold.

"There are people at higher risk for who this virus might be a devastating diagnosis, so I urge all of you to be extremely careful; wash your hands, keep 1,5 meters distance from others, go in quarantine; just do everything you can to stop the virus from spreading."

Linda Lusardi

The actress and former model said she had "never felt this ill" after contracting the virus.

She posted on Twitter: "I want to thank you all for your good wishes. Sam and I have had COVID-19 symptoms and are in isolation so we do not spread it to anyone else. We are taking it one-day-at-a-time, that's all we can do.

"But let me tell you we've never felt this ill, EVER!"

Andy Cohen

The 51-year-old Watch What Happens Live presenter wrote on Instagram he had been in quarantine after feeling ill for "a few days" and has now been diagnosed with the virus.

He added: "I want to thank all the medical professionals who are working tirelessly for all of us, and urge everybody to stay home and take care of themselves."

Fiona Phillips

Former GMTV host Fiona Phillips said she had symptoms including a sore throat and dry cough but was "fine" and "not suffering".

Phillips, 59, tweeted: "I am in bed with #coronvirusuk It's not a very pleasant bedfellow, but nothing more than sore throat, dry cough, headache and tiredness. As long as it stays that way....DON'T panic!"

Mark Prendergast

Kodaline guitarist Mark Prendergast says he tested positive and believes he caught coronavirus while at Heathrow Airport.

The musician told Irish radio station RTE 2fm he had a "very, very dry cough" while he was at his parents' house.

"I'd never had a cough like it before... I was a little bit panicked. I just got up and left," he said.

"Maybe three, four days later I got a fever that lasted for four or five days. Overall my experience wasn't as bad as it can get. So I'm kind of lucky."

He said of being at his parents' house: "I didn't give them a hug, just got up and left. I went home."

The disease is "like a bad flu", he said, adding: "You have no energy. You're sleeping for about 12 hours each night."

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...id-19-11960449

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The coronavirus has infected hundreds of thousands of people across the world, in turn locking down cities, closing schools and causing families to self-isolate in their homes.

Thousands of people have died after testing positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, which has been found in every continent except Antarctica.

The virus has also made its way into the worlds of sport, film, politics and royalty.

Here we take a look at some of the noteworthy figures to have contracted the illness.

Prince Albert II of Monaco

The 62-year-old reigning monarch confirmed he had tested positive for the virus on Thursday.

However, a palace statement said his health is not worrying.

The palace said he is being treated by doctors from the Princess Grace Hospital, named after his US actress mother.

It says Albert is continuing to work from his home office in the palace and is in constant contact with members of his government.

Michel Barnier

The European Union's chief negotiator for its future relationship with Britain after Brexit has confirmed he has coronavirus.

Mr Barnier tweeted that he is doing well and is in good spirits.

"For all those affected already, and for all those currently in isolation, we will get through this together."

Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson

The Hollywood couple said they were taking it "one day at a time" in quarantine after contracting the coronavirus.

Hanks and Wilson, both 63, confirmed they had tested positive for the disease on Thursday 12 March.

In an Instagram post, Hanks wrote: "Hello folks. @ritawilson and I want to thank everyone here Down Under who are taking such good care of us.

"We have COVID-19 and are in isolation so we do not spread it to anyone else.

"There are those for whom it could lead to a very serious illness.

"We are taking it one-day-at-a-time."

Idris Elba

The British actor confirmed he had contracted COVID-19 on Twitter on Tuesday 17 March.

The actor said he felt fine and had no symptoms, but had been isolated since he found out that he may have been exposed to the virus.

In a tweet he said: "This morning I tested positive for COVID-19. I feel ok.

"I have no symptoms so far but have been isolated since I found out about my possible exposure to the virus.

"Stay home people and be pragmatic. I will keep you updated on how I'm doing. No panic."

Mikel Arteta

Arsenal's head coach Mikel Arteta tested positive for the coronavirus and self-isolated in line with government guidelines.

He wrote on Twitter: Thanks for your words and support.

"Feeling better already. We're all facing a huge and unprecedented challenge.

"Everyone's health is all that matters right now."

Chelsea's entire men's squad self-isolated after winger Callum Hudson-Odoi also contracted COVID-19.

Mark Prendergast of Kodaline in 2018

Games of Thrones star Hivju, who played the wildling warrior Tormund Giantsbane, self-isolated with his family after contracting the illness.

He wrote in an Instagram post: "We are in good health - I only have mild symptoms of a cold.

"There are people at higher risk for who this virus might be a devastating diagnosis, so I urge all of you to be extremely careful; wash your hands, keep 1,5 meters distance from others, go in quarantine; just do everything you can to stop the virus from spreading."

Linda Lusardi

The actress and former model said she had "never felt this ill" after contracting the virus.

She posted on Twitter: "I want to thank you all for your good wishes. Sam and I have had COVID-19 symptoms and are in isolation so we do not spread it to anyone else. We are taking it one-day-at-a-time, that's all we can do.

"But let me tell you we've never felt this ill, EVER!"

Andy Cohen

The 51-year-old Watch What Happens Live presenter wrote on Instagram he had been in quarantine after feeling ill for "a few days" and has now been diagnosed with the virus.

He added: "I want to thank all the medical professionals who are working tirelessly for all of us, and urge everybody to stay home and take care of themselves."

Fiona Phillips

Former GMTV host Fiona Phillips said she had symptoms including a sore throat and dry cough but was "fine" and "not suffering".

Phillips, 59, tweeted: "I am in bed with #coronvirusuk It's not a very pleasant bedfellow, but nothing more than sore throat, dry cough, headache and tiredness. As long as it stays that way....DON'T panic!"

Mark Prendergast

Kodaline guitarist Mark Prendergast says he tested positive and believes he caught coronavirus while at Heathrow Airport.

The musician told Irish radio station RTE 2fm he had a "very, very dry cough" while he was at his parents' house.

"I'd never had a cough like it before... I was a little bit panicked. I just got up and left," he said.

"Maybe three, four days later I got a fever that lasted for four or five days. Overall my experience wasn't as bad as it can get. So I'm kind of lucky."

He said of being at his parents' house: "I didn't give them a hug, just got up and left. I went home."

The disease is "like a bad flu", he said, adding: "You have no energy. You're sleeping for about 12 hours each night."

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...id-19-11960449
    That is long list already

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hate to say it but I think it will take a famous personality dying for some to take it seriously.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Hate to say it but I think it will take a famous personality dying for some to take it seriously.
    Well it’s gonna happen sooner than later, and it won’t be surprising actually now

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Jackson Browne, 71, tests positive for coronavirus

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...us/2913685001/

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Here are the well-known North American athletes/coaches.

NBA Players

Rudy Gobert
    Kevin Durant
    Donavan Mitchell
    Christian Wood
    Marcus Smart
    Jason Collins (Former NBA Player)

NFL

Sean Payton (Coach)

There are many others that have been confirmed without releasing their identities.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    Here are the well-known North American athletes/coaches.

NBA Players

Rudy Gobert
    Kevin Durant
    Donavan Mitchell
    Christian Wood
    Marcus Smart
    Jason Collins (Former NBA Player)

NFL

Sean Payton (Coach)

There are many others that have been confirmed without releasing their identities.
    Yes very much likely that’s possible

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Boris Johnson

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UK pm would have interacted with entire ministry. Now all should be tested and isolated. This is serious

Debut
    Apr 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marouane Fellaini

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrence McNally, playwright (1938-2020)
    “Timing is everything in the theater, and Terrence McNally, a Broadway maestro who exuded eternal gratitude for the life the stage had given him, knew the importance of making a meaningful exit,” wrote Times critic Charles McNulty in his appreciation.

Floyd Cardoz, restaurateur-chef (1960-2020)
    Chef Cardoz — who competed on “Top Chef,” won “Top Chef Masters” and operated successful restaurants in both India and New York — died March 25 of complications from the coronavirus, his company said in a statement. He was 59.

Mark Blum, actor (1950-2020)
    Blum, the actor known for roles in “‘Crocodile’ Dundee” and “Desperately Seeking Susan,” died March 25 from complications of COVID-19. He was 69.

Manu Dibango, saxophonist (1933-2020)
    Jazz musician Manu Dibango, who fused African rhythms with funk to become one of the most influential musicians in world dance music, died March 24 of an illness linked to the coronavirus, according to his music publisher. He was 86.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Harvey Weinstein

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite a few NHL players.

Doris Burke from ESPN. Prince Charles and Rand Paul. Trudeau's wife. Bolsnaro.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan-Italia-Deutschland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1834 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Dybala, Matuidi, Rugani, gabbiadini and another 20-30 seria A Stars

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Boris Johnson

That m*** had it coming.

On the 6th of March, when most of Europe was already contemplating bring everyone under lockdown, this clown declared that no such thing was necessary. He even went to the extent of going to a hospital, shaking hands with all the patients, and proudly bragging about it.

Foolishness often leads to disaster , and BJ is a living example of it.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Request all to give a small intro of personality. Not many here will know them

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have arrived at their home in LA after recovering from coronavirus, it has been reported.

Photos showed the Hollywood couple smiling as they returned from Australia, where they were quarantined and treated after testing positive for Covid-19.

Hanks, who had been shooting Baz Lurhmann’s forthcoming biopic about Elvis Presley, had posted regular updates about their ordeal, including details of their symptoms and uplifting messages to fans.

In one social media post, the actor said: “We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the coronavirus, and were found to be positive.”

“Well, now. What to do next?” he wrote. ”The Medical Officials have protocols that must be followed. We Hanks’ will be tested, observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires. Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no?”

Other celebrities to have tested positive for coronavirus include Idris Elba and his wife, Sabrina Dhowre, Frozen 2 star Rachel Matthews, and singer Charlotte Lawrence.

The stars of pandemic thriller Contagion, including Kate Winslet and Matt Damon, recently shared a series of public service announcements urging people to wash their hands and practise social distancing.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a9431316.html

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Princess Maria Teresa of Spain becomes first royal to die from COVID-19

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Singer Kanika Kapoor, who has tested positive for novel coronavirus for the fourth time, has shared an emotional post on Instagram. As fans showed concern for the singer, she made it clear that she was “not in the ICU” and was waiting to meet her kids and family.

She shared a quote that read, “Life teaches us to make good use of time, while time teaches us the value of life” and wrote in caption, “Going off to bed. Sending you all loving vibes. Stay safe you guys. Thank you for your concern but I am not in the ICU. I am fine. I hope my next test is negative. Waiting to go home to my kids and family...miss them!”

Meanwhile, one of her family members who did not wish to be named, told IANS, “We are now worried over the test reports. It seems that Kanika is not responding to treatment and in this lockdown, we cannot even airlift her for advanced treatment. We can only pray for her recovery.” Doctors at the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS), however, said that the singer’s condition was stable.

Kanika, who was hospitalized on March 20, returned form London on March 9 and then travelled to Kanpur and Lucknow.

After she tested positive, she was slammed by the media for attending parties and allegedly spreading the virus though none of those who came into contact with her tested positive. Earlier, Lucknow police booked Kanika on charges of negligence for attending various social events in the city despite being infected with coronavirus and having been instructed by the authorities to isolate herself at her home

Kanika, who is presently admitted to the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS), was also criticized by the hospital administration for her ‘starry behaviour’.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/music...XBG74QS0O.html

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    After she tested positive, she was slammed by the media for attending parties and allegedly spreading the virus though none of those who came into contact with her tested positive. Earlier, Lucknow police booked Kanika on charges of negligence for attending various social events in the city despite being infected with coronavirus and having been instructed by the authorities to isolate herself at her home

Kanika, who is presently admitted to the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS), was also criticized by the hospital administration for her ‘starry behaviour’.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/music...XBG74QS0O.html
    Can't really feel too much sympathy for people like this. I wonder how many others she infected (and who'll infect others ... and so on down the chain) by continuing to attend parties despite already having been tested positive and instructed to isolate herself. How many of those will die due to her actions?

“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grammy-winning country music legend Joe Diffie passed away today, Sunday, March 29, from complications of coronavirus

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Star Wars actor Andrew Jack has died aged 76 in the UK as a result of coronavirus

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    US singer Pink has said she tested positive for the coronavirus and is now donating $1m (Ł815,000) to two emergency funds.

The Grammy Award-winning artist said that she and her young son Jameson had shown symptoms two weeks ago and a test revealed that she had the disease. She tweeted that they were retested "a few days ago" and were "thankfully negative".

"We must make testing free and more widely accessible to protect our children, our families, our friends and our communities," she said, adding that she would donate $500,000 to both the Temple University Hospital Emergency Fund in Philadelphia and the City of Los Angeles Mayor's Emergency Covid-19 crisis fund.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Pep Guardiola's mother dies after contracting coronavirus

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola's mother, Dolors Sala Carrio, has died aged 82 in Barcelona after contracting coronavirus.

"Everyone associated with the club sends their most heartfelt sympathy at this most distressing time to Pep, his family and all their friends," said Manchester City on social media.

Monday's increase of 637 coronavirus deaths means 13,055 have died in Spain.

Last month, Guardiola donated 1m euros (Ł920,000) to help fight the outbreak.

The money will be used to purchase medical equipment and protective material for staff involved in treating those admitted to hospital.

Barcelona is in Catalonia, which is one of the areas in Spain with the most concentrated number of cases.

Manchester United posted on social media to say the club was "saddened to hear this terrible news", adding: "We send our heartfelt condolences to Pep and his family."

Spaniard Guardiola, 49, has been in charge of Manchester City since July 2016 after spells as manager of Barcelona and Bayern Munich.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52173872

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Actor Jay Benedict, who appeared in a range of films and TV shows, from Aliens to Emmerdale, has died due to complications from coronavirus.

The actor, who also appeared in Batman film The Dark Knight Rises alongside Christian Bale and Tom Hardy, died on Saturday, aged 68.

A statement posted on his website said: "It is with profound sorrow that we must announce Jay's death on the 4th of April due to complications arising from a COVID-19 infection."

Benedict played Newt's father in Alien sequel Aliens alongside Sigourney Weaver in 1986, and starred in Emmerdale in 1997, playing businessman Doug Hamilton.

During a career in entertainment spanning more than 40 years, he also appeared in UK TV favourites including The Bill, Jonathan Creek, Casualty and Foyle's War.

On stage, he starred in The Trial Of Jane Fonda, and Two-Way Mirror, alongside Abi Titmuss.

Born in California, Benedict's family left the US for Europe when he was a child.

As well as his acting career, he also lent his voice to video games and TV adverts - plus lifts, theatre foyers and other public spaces. "The irritatingly soothing voice requesting that you take your seat and switch off your mobile phone is quite probably him," his website says.

He also worked behind the camera, running post-production company Sync Or Swim, with recent projects including Downton Abbey, Dickensian and Call The Midwife.

Benedict is one of several famous faces who have died after contracting coronavirus.

British comedian Eddie Large, Fountains Of Wayne frontman Adam Schlesinger, US country star Joe Diffie and I Love Rock 'n' Roll songwriter Alan Merrill all died last week.

Other stars, including Tom Hanks and Idris Elba, have recovered after testing positive for the disease.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...tions-11969213

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Harry Potter author JK Rowling has revealed that she has been showing "all symptoms" of coronavirus over the last fortnight.

In a Twitter post, Ms Rowling said that she was now "fully recovered".

She added that a video posted by doctors at Queen's Hospital in east London, on how to relive respiratory symptoms had "helped a lot" during her illness.

Her husband - a doctor - had recommended it to her.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Liverpool: Sir Kenny Dalglish tests positive for coronavirus

Former Liverpool player and manager Sir Kenny Dalglish has tested positive for coronavirus and is in hospital but is showing no symptoms, his family have announced in a statement.

Dalglish was admitted to hospital on Wednesday for treatment of an infection which required intravenous antibiotics.

The 69-year-old was routinely tested for coronavirus after being admitted.

"Unexpectedly, the test result was positive but he remains asymptomatic," the Dalglish family said.

The statement added: "He would like to take this opportunity to thank the brilliant NHS staff, whose dedication, bravery and sacrifice should be the focus of the nation's attention at this extraordinary time.

"Prior to his admission to hospital, Sir Kenny had chosen to voluntarily self-isolate for longer than the advised period together with his family. He would urge everyone to follow the relevant government and expert guidance in the days and weeks ahead.

"He looks forward to being home soon. We will provide further updates as and when it is appropriate."
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52250176

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Get well Sir Kenny. One of my fav players and a great man if you ever get to meet him.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    The Reds playing great and later a title-winning manager is in the hospital but the club says he is asymptomatic
    Liverpool legend Sir Kenny Dalglish has tested positive for coronavirus after being admitted to hospital this week.

The 69-year-old, perhaps the most iconic figure in the Reds history, entered hospital on Wednesday for treatment on an infection which, a club statement says, required intravenous antibiotics.

In keeping with current procedures, Dalglish was subsequently tested for COVID-19 despite having previously displayed no symptoms of the illness. The test result returned positive but he remains asymptomatic.

https://www.goal.com/en-bh/news/live...r18n2bdhb38kkq

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Get well soon King Kenny. Need to stay strong and watch your team lift that 19th Title.

The statement added: "He would like to take this opportunity to thank the brilliant NHS staff, whose dedication, bravery and sacrifice should be the focus of the nation's attention at this extraordinary time.
    Shows you even in his time of suffering, how selfless this man is.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Get well soon King Kenny. Need to stay strong and watch your team lift that 19th Title.

Shows you even in his time of suffering, how selfless this man is.
    I cant imagine us winning the league after so long and King Kenny not being there. He has done so much for people, a real caring person and imo one of the greatest attacking mildfielders in history.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Comedian and BBC broadcaster Tim Brooke-Taylor has died at the age of 79 after contracting coronavirus, his agent has announced.
    Best known for The Goodies and I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue, Brooke-Taylor died on Sunday.

His agent said he was "an exceptional client" who had "many fans whom he always treated cheerfully even after long and exhausting rehearsals and recordings".

"It is with great sadness that we announce Tim's death early today from Covid-19," his agent said in a statement.

"Joining Footlights in 1960 took him to providing a huge variety of splendid entertainment - television, radio, theatre, film, books, DVDs, CDs, quizzes, etc - all of which he undertook with energy and a great sense of fun.

"We will remember him for so much but must just mention The Goodies and I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue."

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have donated their blood as part of a study to see whether their antibodies can help develop a vaccine for coronavirus.

The couple tested positive for Covid-19 in March. They have now fully recovered and been told they are immune to the virus.

Wilson shared the news in her first interview since she became ill, telling CBS This Morning’s Gayle King that her and Hanks are “waiting to hear back to see if our antibodies will be helpful in creation of vaccine” and if they can donate plasma.

She also discussed her symptoms, revealing she was "very tired, extremely achy, uncomfortable, didn't want to be touched", had a fever, got chills and lost her sense of taste and smell.

Hanks, she said, did not have as high of a fever and did not lose his sense of taste and smell.

Wilson added that she was given the controversial drug chloroquine, which has been touted by Donald Trump and others as effective treatments against the virus.

While she was not sure whether the drug helped her recover or not, Wilson said she had "extreme side effects" after taking it, including being "completely nauseous," having vertigo, and her muscles becoming weak.

"We have to be very considerate about this drug," Wilson said. "We don't know if it's safe in this case."

Wilson said she and Hanks were told they contracted the virus from someone they were both exposed to at the same time, but they don't know where or when that occurred.

None of their close family members or professional teams have tested positive for coronavirus.

Last week, Hanks surprised Saturday Night Live viewers when he stepped in as the host of a special at-home episode. He said: “Ever since being diagnosed, I have been more like America’s dad than ever before.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a9464826.html

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    An Iranian Instagram star has contracted coronavirus in prison, her lawyer says.

Fatemeh Khishvand, better known by her Instagram name Sahar Tabar, came to fame after posting photos in which she resembled what has been described as a zombie version of Angelina Jolie.

Ms Khishvand was arrested in late 2019 for crimes including blasphemy and instigating violence.

But the head of the prison where she is being held denied she was infected.

"The news released by the lawyer of Fatemeh Khishvand is not true and I deny it," Mehdi Mohammadi, the head of Shahr-e Rey women's prison, told Iran's ISNA news agency.

Iran has suffered the highest coronavirus death toll in the Middle East, with new figures announced by a health ministry spokesman on Saturday bringing the total to more than 5,000. However, there are fears the true number could be much higher.

Ms Khishvand's lawyer Payam Derafshan wrote an open letter to Iran's judiciary, which he posted on his Instagram account.

He said he had been told by Ms Khishvand's mother that his client had been moved to a quarantine section of the prison after displaying symptoms of the virus.

He added that Ms Khishvand - who was, he said, a minor when the "crimes" were committed - had not been eligible for temporary release because her case was still being processed.

In March, Iran released 85,000 prisoners - including including British-Iranian charity worker Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe - in a bid to stem the spread of the virus.

Ms Khishvand made international headlines in 2017 when her heavily edited Instagram photos went viral. Her account has since been deleted.

While many social media users voiced concern amid reports she had undergone as many as 50 cosmetic surgeries, she told Russia's Sputnik News that the images were the result of "Photoshop and makeup".

She joined a long list of online Iranian influencers who have fallen foul of the law.

In 2018, a teenager was arrested after posting videos of herself dancing online. The same year, an official in the city of Mashhad was arrested after footage emerged showing a crowd of men and women dancing at

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-52338496

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob Lazier, the 1981 Indianapolis 500 Rookie of the Year and father of 1996 Indy victor Buddy Lazier was thought to have succumbed after being hospitalized and placed on a ventilator combating the coronavirus.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Broadway actor loses leg after Covid-19 complications

Tony-nominated Broadway actor Nick Cordero has undergone surgery to amputate his right leg after suffering complications from Covid-19, his wife has said.

Cordero had been given blood thinners to help with clotting in his leg, but the treatment was stopped after it caused internal bleeding, AP news agency quoted his wife Amanda Koots as saying.

Koots has been posting regular updates about Cordero's condition on Instagram since he was placed on life support at a hospital in Los Angeles, and said the operation had gone well.

On Sunday, she posted a video from the couple's wedding, together with the words "we WILL dance again!)

A fundraiser set up to support the couple and their 10-month-old son has already raised more than $285,000 (Ł228,000).

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Madonna says she had Covid-19 while on tour

In an Instagram post on Wednesday, the American pop icon said she had coronavirus while on her Madame X world tour.

She clarified that she was not currently sick but that she had tested positive for Covid-19 antibodies.

"When you test positive for anti-bodies it means you HAD the virus which I clearly did as I was sick at the end of my tour in Paris over 7 weeks ago along with many other artists in my show but at the time we all thought we had a very bad flu," the singer wrote on Instagram, adding that everyone was now safe and healthy.

Madonna cut her world tour short after the French government banned all large gatherings.

The star, 61, has also donated $1m (Ł800,000) towards coronavirus vaccine research.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Acclaimed UK rapper Ty has died aged 47 after contracting coronavirus.

In 2004, the Nigerian-British musicians' second album, Upwards, was nominated for the Mercury Prize alongside Amy Winehouse, The Streets and eventual winners Franz Ferdinand.

Click here to read our full story on Ty
    The musician contracted coronavirus earlier this year, and a fundraising page set up in April said he had been "put in a medically induced coma to temporarily sedate to help his body receive the appropriate treatment".

He later left intensive care after his condition seemingly improved - but on Thursday, his press team confirmed he had died.
    Last edited by MenInG; 9th May 2020 at 11:57.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Roy Horn, of the double act Siegfried and Roy, has died after contracting Covid-19, according to US media reports. He died in Las Vegas on Friday, aged 75.

The duo’s performances - in which the illusionists would ride on elephants, cavort with tigers and make animals disappear - became one of Las Vegas’s biggest attractions.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    In the US, Basketball great Patrick Ewing has been admitted to hospital after testing positive for coronavirus.

The former New York Knicks star, who is now the head coach of Georgetown University's men's basketball team, said he wanted to share his diagnosis publicly to emphasise that the virus can affect anyone.

In a post on Twitter, Ewing, 57, who played 17 seasons in the NBA said: "This virus is serious and should not be taken lightly.

"I want to encourage everyone to stay safe and take care of yourselves and your loved ones. Now more than ever, I want to thank healthcare workers and everyone on the front lines. I'll be fine and we will all get through this."

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Pakistani actors Yasir Nawaz and Nida Yasir have requested fans for prayers after the celebrity couple tested positive for novel coronavirus.

Acclaimed morning show host Nida Yasir took to Instagram and confirmed that she, her husband Yasir Nawaz and daughter have tested positive for coronavirus and currently they are isolated.

Nida shared a photo of herself with daughter and husband and wrote, “Quarantine partners.”

Updating the fans and friends on their health, Nida wrote, “we r fine Alhumdullilah. but tested positive. isolated.”

She went on to say “our boys are fine they are negative. plz pray for us.”

Nida also extended Eid greetings to the fans and friends, saying “EID MUBARAK.”

Yasir also turned to photo-video sharing platform and shared the same family photo. He wrote, “Dua ki durkhast hey Allah sub acha karey ga inshallah (Need your prayers, May Allah bless everyone).”

Previously, there were reports that Nida Yasir, along with her husband Yasir Nawaz, has tested positive for coronavirus.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/289764-nid...ng-coronavirus

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli says he had coronavirus

Renowned Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli said he had caught the novel coronavirus but was now recovered, describing the experience as "a nightmare".

Bocelli, who has been blind since age 12, raised spirits in Italy during the pandemic, which has killed nearly 33,000 people, by singing alone in Milan's Duomo on April 12.

That was just over a month after the 61-year-old had tested positive for the virus.

"It was a tragedy, my whole family was contaminated," he told journalists at a hospital in Pisa where he had gone with his wife to donate their plasma for COVID-19 research.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Taufeeq Umar

#MPGA

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) stalwart and an acclaimed Pakistani singer Abrar Ul Haq has been suffering from coronavirus like symptoms, ARY News reported on Saturday.

Abrar Ul Haq has undergone coronavirus tests and currently awaits the reports.

Read More: Speaker Agha Siraj Durrani tests negative for coronavirus ahead of SA session

Pakistan Pakistan Red Crescent Society President, has been advised to isolate himself as a precaution till he receives the test results.

Abrar Ul Haq said that he has a fever since last night and has been experiencing dry cough.

Haq said that he was hopeful that he would not be diagnosed with the virus although he has asked the people he has met during the last few days to exercise caution and safety as well.

Minister of State for Narcotics Control Shehryar Afridi earlier in the day announced that he has tested positive for coronavirus.

The minister took to the microblogging website Twitter and said that he has gone into self-isolation after testing positive for coronavirus.

“I have tested positive of COVID19 & have isolated myself at home as per advice by medics. I need prayers & blessings,” he wrote on Twitter.

https://arynews.tv/en/may-be-sufferi...-abrar-ul-haq/

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    The coronavirus pandemic has spread to at least 188 countries and territories, with the worldwide death toll from the virus surpassing 369,000.

Among the over 6 million cases recorded globally are government officials, celebrities and sports personalities as authorities around the world grapple to contain the spread of the virus.

Many high-profile events have been cancelled. They include the annual Met Gala - often referred to as fashion's biggest night out - which was postponed indefinitely from its scheduled date in May, according to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York in the United States.

The Cannes Film Festival, due to be held in France in May, has also been postponed, with organisers now looking at June or July dates.

Hollywood actor Tom Hanks and his wife, actress and singer Rita Wilson, British actor Idris Elba, Britain's Prince Charles, singer Pink and opera singer Placido Domingo are some of the best-known people to be infected so far.

Who else has been affected?

Government officials, spouses:

Riek Machar: South Sudan's Vice President and his wife Angelina Teny, who serves as defence minister, tested positive for the coronavirus, his office said on May 18.

Dmitry Peskov: Kremlin spokesman said on May 12 he tested positive for coronavirus.

Ferozuddin Feroz: Afghanistan's health minister contracted the COVID-19 disease on May 7 and is under isolation at his residence.

Olga Lyubimova: Russia's Culture Minister tested positive for the virus on May 6. Lyubimova has mild symptoms and is continuing to work remotely, conducting meetings online, her press secretary Anna Usacheva said.

Faisal Edhi: The head of Pakistan's biggest charity organisation, the Edhi Foundation, and the son of world-renowned philanthropist, the late Abdul Sattar Edhi, has been tested positive for the coronavirus.

Asad Qaiser: Pakistan's parliament speaker said he had tested positive for COVID-19 on May 1 after hosting an iftar dinner to celebrate Ramadan.

Carmen Calvo: Spain's deputy prime minister tested positive for coronavirus on March 25, the Spanish government said.

Prince Charles: The Prince of Wales and heir to the British throne tested positive for the coronavirus on March 25. The 71-year-old is displaying mild symptoms "but otherwise remains in good health", said a spokesman for the Clarence House royal residence, adding that he was self-isolating at a royal estate in Scotland. Prince Charles's wife, Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, has also been tested but does not have the virus.

Abba Kyari: The Nigerian president's chief of staff has tested positive for coronavirus, a source with direct knowledge of the matter said on March 24. In his 70s, Kyari is an important figure in President Muhammadu Buhari's government.

Rand Paul: The Republican from Kentucky is the first US senator to test positive for coronavirus.

Prince Albert: Monaco's Prince Albert II has tested positive for the novel coronavirus, the principality said in a statement on Thursday, adding there were "no concerns for his health" and that the titular head of the Mediterranean enclave is continuing to work from his private apartments at the royal palace.

Michel Barnier: The European Union's chief Brexit negotiator said in a tweet that he has tested positive for the virus.

Bento Albuquerque: Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro said on Wednesday that Mines and Energy Minister Bento Albuquerque has tested positive for coronavirus - the second cabinet member to be infected.

Augusto Heleno: Brazil's national security adviser said on March 18 on his Twitter account that he has tested positive for coronavirus, though he did not have any symptoms. Heleno, 72, a retired army general and one of Bolsonaro's closest aides, said he is currently under isolation at his home while waiting for a second test.

Jeremy Issacharoff: Israel's ambassador to Germany has tested positive for the coronavirus, the Israeli Foreign Ministry said in a statement March 17. Issacharoff was reported to have contracted the virus following a meeting with a deputy from the Federal Assembly of Germany, whose name was not mentioned.

Friedrich Merz: The 64-year-old politician, who has been campaigning to lead Germany's Christian Democratic Union (CDU) at a congress planned for this year, said on Twitter on March 17 that he tested positive for coronavirus and was under self-isolation at home.

Kozo Tashima: The head of Japan's football association tested positive for the virus on March 17. Tashima is also deputy head of Japan's Olympic Committee.

Nadine Dorries: A minister in the UK's health department was the first British politician to test positive on March 10.

Peter Dutton: The Australian home affairs minister was placed in isolation in hospital after contracting the virus.

Massoumeh Ebtekar: The Iranian vice president is the country's highest government official to be infected, while several other senior officials in the country, including Iraj Harirchi, Iran's deputy health minister, were also stricken. Iran is the epicentre of the coronavirus outbreak in the Middle East.

Sophie Gregoire Trudeau: On March 12, the wife of Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau tested positive for COVID-19 following a trip to the United Kingdom. Gregoire Trudeau said she planned to remain in isolation for the next two weeks, together with her husband. Her symptoms have been described as mild.

Begona Gomez: Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez's wife tested positive, officials in his office said late on Saturday. While Begona Gomez tested positive, the health of both she and the prime minister was fine, the officials said. Spain said it would place the entire country under lockdown as the number of diagnosed cases exceeded 6,000.

Quim Torra: The local leader of Spain’s Catalonia region said on March 16 that he had tested positive for the coronavirus and that he was going into self-isolation in a government building.

Pere Aragones: The Catalan deputy head of government announced on March 15 that he had also tested positive for coronavirus.

Irene Montero: The Spanish minister tested positive on March 15 and has been put in isolation along with her partner, Deputy Prime Minister Pablo Iglesias.

Franck Riester: Earlier this week, the French minister of culture said he was staying at his home in Paris after contracting the virus. France has also imposed a partial lockdown to check the spread of COVID-19.

Francis Suarez: The mayor of the US city of Miami confirmed, on March 13, that he has contracted COVID-19.

Fabio Wajngarten: The press secretary for Brazilian President Bolsonaro tested positive after he returned from a US trip where he met, among others, US President Trump, who later tested negative.

Michal Wos: Poland's environment minister has tested positive for coronavirus, he said in a tweet on March 16.

Oumarou Idani: Burkina Faso's minister of mines has tested positive.

Stanislas Ouaro: Burkina Faso's minister of education is confirmed to have COVID-19.

Simeon Sawadogo: Burkina Faso's interior minister has the new coronavirus.

Alpha Barry: Burkina Faso's foreign minister tested positive for COVID-19, he said on Twitter on March 20.

Boris Johnson:The 55-year-old prime minister of the United Kingdom said on March 27 that he tested positive for coronavirus and was self-isolating. He was hospitalised on April 5 in what his office described as a "precautionary step". Johnson was moved to the intensive care unit on April 6 after his symptoms worsened, and asked Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab to deputise for him "where necessary".

Matthew Hancock: Britain's Health Secretary Matthew Hancock announced on March 27 he tested positive for the coronavirus. Hancock said he would be self-isolating and working from home.

Alister Jack: Scottish Secretary and member of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson's cabinet has developed symptoms of COVID-19.

Seyi Makinde: Nigeria's Oyo State Governor has tested positive for the novel coronavirus.

Yaakov Litzman: Israel's health minister and his wife tested positive for the novel coronavirus on April 1.

Ali Larijani: Iran's parliament said on April 2 its speaker tested positive for the coronavirus and is in quarantine.

Zoran Zaev and Hristijan Mickoski: On April 10 the leaders of North Macedonia's two biggest parties were ordered to self-isolate for two weeks after being interviewed by a TV reporter infected with coronavirus.

Khalif Mumin Tohow: The justice minister of Somalia's autonomous Hirshabelle state died on April 12 after contracting the coronavirus. Tohow died in Mogadishu's Martini hospital a day after he tested positive for COVID-19 in the town of Jowhar, the administrative capital of Hirshabelle.

Sekou Kourouma: The secretary general of Guinea and a former minister, died from COVID-19 in Conakry on April 18.

Nuno Gomes Nabiam: Guinea-Bissau's prime minister, has tested positive for the novel coronavirus alongside three members of his cabinet, the West African country's health ministry said on April 29.

Mikhail Mishustin: Russia’s prime minister, on April 30 said in a video meeting with President Vladimir Putin that he tested positive for coronavirus and will self-isolate to protect other cabinet members.

Senator Tim Kaine: Kaine of Virginia said he and his wife tested positive after taking coronavirus antibody tests on May 28. He said he initially thought he was suffering from remnants of an earlier bout with the flu and a high pollen count.

Celebrities:

Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson: The popular Hollywood couple announced on March 11 that they were infected and were admitted to a Gold Coast hospital in Australia.

Olga Kurylenko: The French actress, who starred in the Bond movie Quantum of Solace, announced on March 15 that she had tested positive for the coronavirus.

Idris Elba: The British actor and musician said he has tested positive for COVID-19 on March 16 in a video posted on social media and that, although he had no symptoms so far, he was isolating himself from others.

Kristofer Hivju: The 41-year-old actor, who played Tormund on Game of Thrones, tested positive for the new coronavirus on March 17. Known for his fiery red hair and beard, he said he and his family were in self-isolation at home in Norway.

Debi Mazar: known for her roles in Entourage and Goodfellas, shared a lengthy Instagram post in late March about her experience with COVID-19.

Daniel Dae Kim: The South Korean-American actor best known for the television series Hawaii Five-0, said on Thursday that he had tested positive for the coronavirus. Kim, speaking from his home in Hawaii, announced the news in an Instagram posting and video.

Placido Domingo: On March 22, the Spanish opera singer said he had tested positive for coronavirus and had gone into self-isolation with his family.

Andy Cohen: The US radio and television talk show host, producer, and writer tested positive for the coronavirus on March 20.

Chris Cuomo: The CNN news anchor was diagnosed with COVID-19 and will be working from home, the network said in a memo to employees on March 31.

Pink: On April 3, American singer Alecia Beth Moore, known as Pink, announced on Twitter she and her three-year-old son had spent two weeks in isolation after testing positive for coronavirus. They had both recovered, the singer said, announcing she was donating $1 million to help fight the pandemic.

Brooke Baldwin: the CNN anchor who works with Chris Cuomo, said she had been diagnosed with the virus and had been following all the recommendations.

David Bryan: Bon Jovi keyboard player said on social media that he has tested positive for coronavirus. He didn't specify how he contracted the virus.

Kiran Kumar: The 74-year-old Indian actor is under home quarantine after he tested positive on May 24. The actor said he asymptomatic and is doing 'absolutely fine'.

Andrea Bocelli: The world famous Italian tenor who gave a virtual concert in Milan's Duomo on April 12, revealed on May 26 that he had contracted and recovered from COVID-19 in early March.

Athletes, teams:

Patrick Ewing: Former NBA player, who has been coaching Georgetown University men's basketball team Georgetown Hoyas since 201, said on May 23 he tested positive for the new coronavirus.

English Premier League: Twelve players and team staff have so far tested positive in three rounds of testing by the Premier League.

Von Miller: The NFL star is the highest profile American athlete to announce he contracted COVID-19.

James Dolan: The 64-year-old New York Knicks owner has tested positive for the coronavirus. He is the first known major professional sports owner in the US to have contracted COVID-19. Dolan also owns the National Hockey League's New York Rangers and is executive chairman and CEO of the Madison Square Garden Company.

Serhat Guler: On March 25, the Turkish Boxing Federation said national team member Serhat Guler and trainer Seyfullah Dumlupinar tested positive for the coronavirus after returning from an Olympic qualifier in London. The statement said the federation was awaiting test results from two other athletes who showed symptoms.

Marco Sportiello: The goalkeeper for Italian football team Atalanta tested positive for coronavirus on March 24.

Jason Collins: On March 24, Collins, who played 13 National Basketball Association (NBA) seasons from 2001 to 2014 and spent seven-plus years with the Brooklyn Nets, said on Twitter he believes he caught coronavirus on March 4 when the Nets hosted the Memphis Grizzlies.

Ottawa Senators: An unidentified Ottawa Senators player has tested positive for the new coronavirus, the first known case in North America's National Hockey League. The Senators said the player has mild symptoms and is in isolation, and that they were notifying anyone who had close contact with him.

Deportivo Alaves: The Spanish football club confirmed a total of 15 positive coronavirus cases, including three players from the first-team squad and seven members of the coaching staff. None of those affected have displayed any symptoms, the La Liga side said in a statement on March 18.

Blaise Matuidi: The Juventus and France midfielder has tested positive for the coronavirus, the Turin-based Serie A club said in a statement on March 17. Juventus said Matuidi, a World Cup winner with France in 2018, was in self-isolation at home and not showing any symptoms.

Daniele Rugani: Juventus player and Italian defender Rugani also tested positive.

Mikel Arteta: On March 12, the 37-year-old Arsenal manager was the first in England's football Premier League to be diagnosed with the coronavirus.

Callum Hudson-Odoi: On the same day, the 19-year-old Chelsea winger also said he was infected.

Paulo Dybala: The Italy-based Argentinian footballer announced his diagnosis on Friday. Italy is the worst-hit country in the world by the pandemic, with 10,000 people dead.

Rudy Gobert: The NBA Utah Jazz basketball star triggered criticism after mockingly touching the microphones and voice recorders at a media event on March 9, three days before he was diagnosed.

Donovan Mitchell: Another NBA Utah Jazz player also announced that he had tested positive for COVID-19 on the same day as Gobert.

Christian Wood: The Detroit Pistons forward is "under the care of team medical staff and in self-isolation" since testing positive, the NBA team said on March 15.

Brooklyn Nets: Four players on the NBA Brooklyn Nets basketball team tested positive for the coronavirus on March 17.

Fernando Gaviria: The Colombian cyclist confirmed on March 12 that he contracted coronavirus while racing during an event in the United Arab Emirates, and was admitted to a hospital in the Gulf nation.

Dmitry Strakhov: Strakhov became the second cyclist at the UAE Tour to be diagnosed with the virus on the same day.

Sampdoria: Five footballers from the Italian club have tested positive, along with the team's doctor.

Dusan Vlahovic: The Serbian striker for Fiorentina, another Serie A club, is also infected.

Marcus Smart: The Boston Celtics guard tested positive as the number of confirmed cases in the NBA continues to grow.

Paulo Dybala: The Juventus and Argentina football forward had tested positive for coronavirus but has no symptoms.

Marouane Fellaini: The former Manchester United football player who currently plays for the Chinese Super League has COVID-19, he said on Instagram.

Sir Kenny Dalgish: The former Liverpool player and manager tested positive after being admitted to hospital.

Deaths of celebrities and officials
    Shaheen Raza: The Pakistani local legislator and female member of the provincial assembly of Punjab, the country's largest province, died in Lahore on May 20. She was 65.

Dimitris Kremastinos: The former Greek health minister, cardiologist and university professor has died of the new coronavirus on May 8 at the age of 78.

Ty: Born Ben Chijioke, the acclaimed UK hip-hop star, who was nominated for the Mercury prize for his album Upwards, died aged 47 on May 7 after contracting coronavirus.

Dave Greenfield: The keyboard player of UK band The Stranglers died at the age of 71 on May 3 after contracting COVID-19.

Abba Kyari: Nigeria's chief of staff died on April 17, becoming the country's highest profile person to pass away from the COVOD-19 disease.

Norman Hunter: The former Leeds United and England defender, 76, died after contracting the new coronavirus, the Championship (second-tier) club said on April 17. Hunter made 726 appearances for Leeds in 15 years at the club and earned the nickname "Bites yer legs" for his tough tackling.

Haydar Bas: The 73-year-old Turkish politician and leader of the Independent Turkey Party (BTP) died on April 14 in a state hospital in Trabzon province.

Steven Dick: The deputy head of mission at the British Embassy in Budapest has died after contracting coronavirus, the UK's Foreign Office said on March 25.

Floyd Cardoz: Celebrity chef and winner of Season Three of the US show Top Chef Masters died on March 25 after testing positive for coronavirus.

Manu Dibango: The 86-year-old Cameroonian Afro-jazz legend died in Paris on March 24, his representative said.

Antonio Vieira Monteiro: The chairman of the Portuguese unit of Santander, Spain's largest bank, and the second victim of the disease in Portugal, died from the coronavirus on March 18. Vieira Monteiro, 73, became chairman of Santander Totta in 2019 after seven years as chief executive.

Ken Shimura: One of Japan's best-known comedians died of COVID-19 at a hospital in Tokyo, the public broadcaster NHK said on March 30.

David Hodgkiss: The chairman of the Lancashire Cricket Club in the United Kingdom died on March 30 after contracting coronavirus.

Alan Merrill: The performer and songwriter known for the hit I Love Rock 'n' Roll, died on March 29 due COVID-19.

Pape Diouf: The 68-year-old former president of France's Marseille Olympics (from 2005 to 2009) died of COVID-19 on March 31 in Senegal, where he held dual citizenship.

Rafael Gomez Nieto: The last surviving member of the Spanish forces that were the first units to liberate Paris from the Nazis in 1944 died on March 31, 2020, in a French nursing home.

Branislav Blazic: Serbia's state secretary in the environment protection ministry and a prominent member of President Aleksandar Vucic's conservative Progressive Party SNS died after testing positive for COVID-19, the country's national coronavirus crisis task force confirmed on April 1.

Nur Hassan Hussein: Somalia's former prime minister died in a London hospital on April 1 after contracting the new coronavirus.

Eddie Large: Best known for his role in comedy duo Little and Large, Large died on April 2 aged 78 after contracting coronavirus in hospital.

Tom Dempsey: The former NFL player, who scored a then-record 63-yard (metre) field goal despite being born without toes on his kicking foot died on April 4, aged 73, after developing complications from COVID-19.

Dolors Sala Carrio: The 82-year-old mother of Manchester City's coach Pep Guardiola died on April 6 after being diagnosed with coronavirus.

Luis Sepulveda: The best-selling Chilean writer, who lived in northern Spain died on April 16, aged 70, after contracting coronavirus.

Heherson Alvarez: The former senator and activist lost his battle against the new coronavirus, his family said on April 20. The 80-year-old passed away about three weeks after he and his wife tested positive for the virus.

Ahmed Ismail Hussein Hudeidi: A founding father of modern Somali music, died in London after contracting coronavirus. He was 91.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...165416470.html
    Last edited by MenInG; 31st May 2020 at 21:32.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistani actress Alizeh Shah have tested positive for coronavirus

Last edited by Lonewarrior; 2nd June 2020 at 23:31.

The Griffins ....

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    814 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish all of them a speedy recovery!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Actor Rubina Ashraf tests positive for Covid-19

Veteran actor Rubina Ashraf has tested positive for coronavirus.

According to reports, she was experiencing some of the symptoms of Covid-19 and got tested. Speaking to Images, she confirmed the news and that she's doing "not too good."

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Former PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi tests positive for coronavirus

Former prime minister and PML-N leader Shahid Khaqan Abbasi has tested positive for coronavirus.

Spokesperson for PML-N Marriyum Aurangzeb confirmed the development to Dawn.com.

"Shahid Khaqan Abbasi's coronavirus test has come out positive, he has quarantined himself within his home," Aurangzeb said.

PML-N president and leader of the opposition in National Assembly Shehbaz Sharif expressed sorrow at the news and said, "Abbasi is an asset, we hope he will recover soon."

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Railways Sheikh Rashid Ahmad has tested positive for COVID-19, the railways ministry said on Monday.

According to a statement by the ministry, Rashid is showing no symptoms of the virus. However, he has undergone self-isolation for two weeks, the ministry added.

Earlier in the day, PTI MNA Jai Prakash who attended the National Assembly session last week has tested positive for coronavirus on Monday.

According to sources, Prakash had his test done on Friday after which he attended a session of the National Assembly. The MNA reportedly also hosted an event in the evening which was also attended by Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/292060-she...lways-ministry

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    PML-N president and Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly Shehbaz Sharif has tested positive for the novel coronavirus, party spokesperson Marriyum Aurangzeb confirmed on Thursday.

Sharif has isolated himself at home, she added.

Party leader Ataullah Tarar also confirmed the development and said Sharif's "life had been endangered in this situation by NAB's summoning of him".

"NAB was informed multiple times in writing that Shehbaz Sharif has suffered from cancer and compared to other people, his immunity system is weak," Tarar said and added that Sharif had only left home to appear before NAB.

"Imran Niazi and NAB will be responsible if something happens to Shehbaz Sharif," he said.

When asked about the news, Hamza Shehbaz, Sharif's son and PML-N leader, said: "This is a difficult time for Pakistan. May Allah grant health to everyone's parents."

The PML-N president had appeared before the National Accountability Bureau on Tuesday in connection with investigations pertaining to money laundering and income-beyond-means.

Earlier this month, he had also appeared before the Lahore High Court to obtain a pre-arrest bail in cases regarding money laundering and assets beyond means. Sharif had filed the appeal in the high court a day before a NAB team raided his residence to arrest him on June 2, after he refused to appear before the accountability watchdog.

Sharif had thrice refused to appear before NAB citing health reasons. In a statement submitted to the bureau, he said: "It has been widely reported in the media that some NAB officials have tested positive for Covid-19.

"Please appreciate [that] I am a cancer survivor and 69 years old. I have been advised limited exposure on account of the peculiar background of low immunity," he said.

He added that he was available to answer any queries by the investigation team via Skype.

Sharif is the latest PML-N leader to have tested positive for the virus. Multiple other members of PML-N's top-tier leadership have been diagnosed with the disease, including Aurangzeb, Tariq Fazal Chaudhry, Ahsan Iqbal and former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi.

PTI's Khurram Sher Zaman tests positive
    President of PTI Karachi chapter and member Sindh Assembly Khurram Sher Zaman has also tested positive for Covid-19, he said in a tweet.

Zaman has been vocal about his opposition to a lockdown in Sindh to curb the spread of the disease and had criticised the PPP for insisting on imposing one. Last month, he said that the PTI will "stand against" the PPP government if it decides to further extend the lockdown in Sindh's urban areas.

Multiple politicians, including members of the ruling PTI, have been diagnosed with the virus in Pakistan as the government insists on easing lockdown against doctors' advice. More than 117,000 people have tested positive across the country since the first case emerged on Feb 26.

Prominent political leaders who have contracted the virus so far include National Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser, Sindh Governor Imran Ismail and PPP leader Saeed Ghani, all of whom have recovered.

Last week, MQM-P leader Faisal Sabzwari was diagnosed with the virus, along with his parents, wife and daughter. Before that another federal minister, Shehryar Afridi, had also tested positive and gone into isolation.

On Monday, Railways Minister Sheikh Rashid confirmed he had tested positive, adding that he was experiencing no symptoms and that he had isolated himself at his home.

Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal MPA Abdul Rasheed and Senator Mirza Mohammad Afridi are also among politicians who have tested positive.

Former Balochistan governor Syed Fazal Agha, PTI Punjab MPA Shaheen Raza, Sindh Minister for Human Settlement Ghulam Murtaza Baloch, MNA Munir Khan Orakzai and PTI's Mian Jamshedud Din Kakakhel are among politicians who passed away after contracting the virus.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1562793/pm...or-coronavirus

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Former prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has tested positive for the coronavirus, his son Kasim Gilani revealed on Saturday.

In a tweet, Kasim Gilani said that his father's Covid-19 test had come back positive and that he blamed Prime Minister Imran Khan and the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) for his father's infection.

"Thank you Imran Khan’s government and National Accountability Bureau! You have successfully put my father’s life in danger."

The former premier had appeared in a NAB hearing in Rawalpindi on Thursday in a reference that accused him, PML-N supreme leader Nawaz Sharif and PPP co-chairperson Asif Ali Zardari of receiving luxury vehicles and gifts from Toshakhana.

Gilani requested the judge that since a number of lawmakers had tested positive for Covid-19, he may be given permanent exemption from personal attendance in the court.

The reference was filed in the accountability court on March 2. The NAB reference alleged that Zardari and Sharif had obtained cars from Toshakhana by paying 15 per cent of the price of the cars. The bureau further alleged that Gilani had facilitated them in this regard.

Gilani is the latest politician to contract the virus. Earlier this week, a number of members from the PML-N and PTI also tested positive for coronavirus.

PML-N President and Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly Shehbaz Sharif isolated himself at his home after testing positive for the virus. President of PTI Karachi chapter and member Sindh Assembly Khurram Sher Zaman also revealed he had tested positive for Covid-19 on the same day.

Former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi and incumbent Railways Minister Sheikh Rashid tested positive for the novel coronavirus on Monday.

Pakistan has reported 132,405 cases of the virus since its first case on Feb 26. So far the virus has killed 2,551 people in the country while more than 50,000 have recovered from the disease.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1563249/fo...e-for-covid-19

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi contracts coronavirus

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Acclaimed designer Maheen Khan has tested positive for coronavirus but she is in recovery phase now.

Taking to Twitter on Saturday, she shared the grim news with her followers.

“Dear friends I tested positive for Covid-19 on the 8th of June. Alhamdolilah I am fever free today. Allah is kind,” she wrote.

Cricketer Shahid Afridi also shared on Saturday that he is Covid-19 positive.

Several renowned personalities of the country including veteran actors Sakina Samo, Rubina Ashraf, Vasay Chaudhry and singer Abrar-ul-Haq have been infected with coronavirus.

The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Pakistan has jumped to 132,405 after detection of record 6,472 new infections in last 24 hours.

https://arynews.tv/en/designer-mahee...acts-covid-19/

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    PESHAWAR: Renowned singer Rahim Shah has tested positive for coronavirus on Sunday, becoming the latest personality to contract the infection, ARY NEWS reported.

In a message posted on his Twitter account, the singer, who is famous for his Pashto songs, announced that he has tested positive for COVID-19 and self-isolated himself.

He urged his fans to take the pandemic seriously for the safety of every Pakistani and also asked them to pray for his early recovery.

Several renowned personalities of the country including veteran actors Rubina Ashraf, Vasay Chaudhry and singer Abrar-ul-Haq have been infected with coronavirus.

Cricketer Shahid Afridi also shared on Saturday that he is Covid-19 positive.

Acclaimed designer Maheen Khan also tested positive for coronavirus but she is in recovery phase now. Taking to Twitter on Saturday, she shared the grim news with her followers.

“Dear friends I tested positive for Covid-19 on the 8th of June. Alhamdolilah I am fever free today. Allah is kind,” she wrote.

https://arynews.tv/en/singer-rahim-s...-for-covid-19/

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    PPP leader Syeda Shehla Raza said on Monday she has tested positive for the coronavirus, requesting people to pray for her recovery.

In a Twitter post, the PPP minister shared a photo of her test result, adding that she is awaiting the results of her family members.

The PPP leader has gone into isolation at her residence.

On Saturday, PPP leader and former prime minister Yousuf Raza Gillani also tested positive for the virus.

His son, Kasim Gilani alleged that the Imran Khan-led government and National Accountability Bureau endangered the life of his father by summoning him in corruption reference.

Earlier, PML-N President and Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly Shehbaz Sharif had tested positive for coronavirus.

PML-N leaders Ahsan Iqbal and Marriyum Aurangzeb had also tested positive for the virus.

They joined a long list of lawmakers who have tested positive for the virus, including former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi and PTI MPA from Sindh Khurrum Sher Zaman.

Last week, Railways Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed and PTIA MNA Jai Prakash contracted the infection.

PPP MPA Sharjeel Memon also announced he had tested positive for coronavirus and had gone into self-isolation. Memon is the Sindh government’s focal person for coronavirus in Hyderabad and also attended the provincial assembly session a few days ago.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Sindh government spokesperson Murtaza Wahab has become the latest politician to test positive for the coronavirus, it emerged on Saturday.

Speaking to Dawn.com, Wahab's PRO Sikander Baloch said that three day ago, several staff members at his office were tested for Covid-19. The test results of four staff members came back positive, he said.

He added that following this, Wahab had complained of having a sore throat and had decided to also undergo testing. "The test results came back positive today," he said.

In a statement, Wahab said that he decided to get tested after experiencing a sore throat, adding that he was now feeling better. He also asked for prayers for his speedy recovery.

Baloch said that Wahab has quarantined himself at home, adding that none of his family members has been diagnosed with the respiratory illness.

Multiple politicians, including members of the ruling PTI, have been diagnosed with the virus as the government insists on easing lockdown measures against doctors' advice.

Prominent political leaders who have contracted the virus so far include National Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser, Sindh Governor Imran Ismail and PPP leader Saeed Ghani, all of whom have recovered.

Last week, former prime minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani had tested positive for coronavirus. A few days prior to this, president and Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly Shehbaz Sharif and President of PTI Karachi chapter and member Sindh Assembly Khurram Sher Zaman had also tested positive.

MQM-P leader Faisal Sabzwari was also diagnosed with the virus, along with his parents, wife and daughter. Before that another federal minister, Shehryar Afridi, had also tested positive and gone into isolation. However, Afridi announced yesterday that he had recovered from the illness.

In the first week of June, Railways Minister Sheikh Rashid and former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi had tested positive.

Former Balochistan governor Syed Fazal Agha, PTI Punjab MPA Shaheen Raza, Sindh Minister for Human Settlement Ghulam Murtaza Baloch, MNA Munir Khan Orakzai and PTI's Mian Jamshedud Din Kakakhel are among politicians who passed away after contracting the virus.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    US comedian and actor Darryl Lynn Hughley has tested positive for Covid-19 after collapsing during a stand-up show in Nashville, Tennessee on Friday night.

Hughley, 57, said he "lost consciousness" during the performance at Zanies Comedy Night Club. He was taken to hospital, where he was treated for extreme exhaustion and dehydration, and released on Saturday.

At the hospital, Hughley said doctors "ran a battery of tests, and I also tested positive for Covid-19, which blew me away".

"I was what they call asymptomatic," he said in a video posted to his Twitter account, meaning he did not exhibit any of the tell-tale signs of being infected with Covid-19.

Footage posted to social media shows Hughkley sliding off his stool. When he falls to the floor, people rush to the stage to help him.

Hughley said he would go to his hotel room to quarantine for 14 days and thanked his fans for wishing him well.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Novak Djokovic, the men’s world No 1 tennis player, has tested positive for Covid-19, the Serbian said in a statement on Tuesday.

Croatia’s Borna Coric, Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria and Viktor Troicki have previously tested positive after playing in Djokovic’s Adria Tour exhibition tournament in the Balkan region.

Djokovic revealed that he and his wife, Jelena, had both tested positive for Covid-19 after taking a test immediately after returning to Belgrade from Zadar in Croatia where the final of the tournament was cancelled following Dimitrov’s positive test.

Novak Djokovic has learned he cannot hide from coronavirus in his own bubble | Kevin Mitchell
    In the statement, Djokovic said: “I am extremely sorry for each individual case of infection. I hope that it will not complicate anyone’s health situation and that everyone will be fine.”

While other players remained in Zadar to be tested on Sunday night, Djokovic travelled home from the tournament to his home in Serbia before being tested for the virus, with Adria Tour organisers saying this was because he was not showing symptoms.

In Tuesday’s statement, Djokovic added: “The moment we arrived in Belgrade we went to be tested. My result is positive, just as Jelena’s, while the results of our children are negative.

“Everything we did in the past month, we did with a pure heart and sincere intentions. Our tournament meant to unite and share a message of solidarity and compassion throughout the region.

“We organized the tournament at the moment when the virus has weakened, believing that the conditions for hosting the Tour had been met. Unfortunately, this virus is still present, and it is a new reality that we are still learning to cope and live with.”

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Donald Trump Jr's girlfriend tests coronavirus positive

The girlfriend of President Donald Trump's eldest son has tested positive for coronavirus, US media reported.

Kimberly Guilfoyle, a former Fox News television personality who is dating Donald Trump Jr, had travelled to South Dakota to see the US president's Fourth of July speech and celebration fireworks at Mount Rushmore.

Guilfoyle, 51, was immediately isolated after discovering she had the virus in a routine test conducted on anyone expected to come in close contact with the president, the New York Times reported.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Brazil's Bolsonaro tested again for novel coronavirus

Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro said on Monday he had undergone another test for the novel coronavirus, after local media reported he had symptoms associated with the COVID-19 respiratory disease, including a fever.

Bolsonaro told supporters outside the presidential palace that he had just visited the hospital and been tested for the virus, adding that an exam had shown his lungs “clean.”

CNN Brasil and newspaper Estado de S.Paulo reported that he had symptoms of the disease, such as a fever. The president’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Bolsonaro has repeatedly played down the impact of the virus, even as Brazil has suffered one of the world’s worst outbreaks, with more than 1.6 million confirmed cases and 65,000 related deaths, according to official data on Monday.

The right-wing populist has often defied local guidelines to wear a mask in public, even after a judge ordered him to do so in late June.

Over the weekend, Bolsonaro attended multiple events and was in close contact with the U.S. ambassador to Brazil during July 4 celebrations. The U.S. embassy in Brasilia did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Bolsonaro previously tested negative for the coronavirus after several aides were diagnosed following a visit to U.S. President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago, Florida, estate in March.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-he...-idUKKBN2472SU

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    To date, 40 lawmakers and members of the ruling PTI have tested positive for the novel coronavirus, while two have died, a tally compiled by Geo.tv finds.

Majority of those infected, since the outbreak of the virus in February, are members of the provincial assemblies (MPAs) associated with the PTI. While 15 members of the national assembly (MNAs) have been infected by the virus.

Some prominent names include Asad Qaiser, Speaker of the National Assembly, Shehryar Khan Afridi, Minister of State for Narcotics Control, Shah Mahmood Qureshi, Minister for Foreign Affairs and Imran Ismail, Governor Sindh.

One senator, belonging to the party, has also fallen ill.

The most recent government official to announce contracting the deadly virus is Dr Zafar Mirza, the minister of state for health, and the most senior health official in Pakistan overlooking the coronavirus development.

Two lawmakers belonging to the PTI have also died due to the disease, namely Shaheen Raza and Jamshed Uddin Kakakhel. Both were members of the provincial assemblies.

Meanwhile, the infected members of the political party also include Nadeem Afzal Chan and Abrar ul Haq.

Pakistan has a total of 233,646 cases of the virus and has confirmed 4,818 deaths, as of July 7.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/296740-40-...e-for-covid-19

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Bolivia's President Anez has tested positive for coronavirus

Bolivia’s President Jeanine Anez said on Thursday she has tested positive for the novel coronavirus.

Anez said in a tweet she was “well” and continuing to work while in isolation. “Together, we will come out of this,” she said.

The Bolivian government confirmed that at least seven ministers, including its health minister, had tested positive and were either undergoing treatment or recuperating at home.

Anez said she had conducted a test given that many of her team had fallen ill.

“I feel well, I feel strong, I am going to keep working remotely from my isolation, and I want to thank all the Bolivians who are working to help us in this health crisis,” she said.

Bolivia is due to hold general elections on Sept. 6. The elections were originally planned for May but delayed due to the pandemic.

Political turmoil gripped the country last October when a disputed election led to widespread protests that eventually toppled longtime leftist leader Evo Morales.

Anez, a conservative former senator, assumed the interim president role in the political vacuum and initially said she would not run for full office, but later threw her hat in the ring.

Rival candidate and former President Jorge Tuto Quiroga, who is running again, said it was “indispensable” for Anez to be in full health and working towards the democratic transition.

Other leaders around the world also have contracted the virus. British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, 55, spent three days in intensive care sick with COVID-19, the respiratory disease caused by the novel coronavirus, while Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro confirmed on Wednesday he had tested positive.

Bolivia, a landlocked Andean nation of over 11.5 million people has registered more than 42,000 confirmed cases of the disease and 1,500 deaths and is one of the worst affected countries per capita in the world.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-he...KBN24A3DI?il=0

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Amitabh bacchan tests positive for coronavirus.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Amitabh bacchan tests positive for coronavirus.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    His son Abhishek Bachchan has tested positive too.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So called Bollywood celebrities giving lectures about wearing mask, social distance, hand wash..bla bla.

They are celebrating nd participating in family parties without taking proper measures.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    New Delhi: Veteran actor Amitabh Bachchan and his son Abhishek Bachchan tested positive for coronavirus earlier on Saturday and are admitted to hospital, both of them revealed in tweets on Saturday night. An hour after Mr Bachchan's tweet revealing his coronavirus diagnosis, Abhishek tweeted: "Earlier today, both my father and I tested positive for COVID-19. Both of us having mild symptoms have been admitted to hospital. We have informed all the required authorities and our family and staff are all being tested. I request all to stay calm and not panic. Thank you." Amitabh Bachchan and Abhishek are admitted to Mumbai's Nanavati Hospital.
    Read Abhishek Bachchan's tweets here:

In his tweet earlier, Amitabh Bachchan, 77, had said that his family members and staff have undergone tests for COVID-19 and their results are awaited. "I have tested COVID positive. Shifted to hospital... hospital informing authorities... family and staff undergone tests, results awaited," read a part of Mr Bachchan's tweet. "All that have been in close proximity to me in the last 10 days are requested to please get themselves tested," Mr Bachchan added in his tweet. Ahead of Abhishek's tweet, Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope told NDTV that Amitabh Bachchan is asymptomatic and stable.

While "Get well soon" tweets poured in from fans on Twitter, filmmaker Boney Kapoor was one of the first celebrities to send good wishes to Amitabh Bachchan. Actors Sonam Kapoor, Riteish Deshmukh and others also sent "get well soon" messages to the Bachchans on Twitter.

During the lockdown, Amitabh Bachchan tweeted about working for long hours with detailed disclaimers that proper precautionary measures were in place on the sets. Mr Bachchan had tweeted about a sprained hamstring muscle earlier in May. Mr Bachchan was shooting for the upcoming season of Kaun Banega Crorepati and also for a few videos applauding COVID-19 warriors.

Amitabh Bachchan clocked 51 years in Bollywood this year. Last year, in November, the actor wrote about undergoing check-ups and medical procedures at the hospital in a tweet and also in his blog post. Earlier in October, Big B was admitted to Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital for a few days for routine check-ups.

Last month, Amitabh Bachchan's Gulabo Sitabo released on OTT platform Amazon Prime, making it Big B's first ever digital release. Mr Bachchan was critically acclaimed for his performance in the movie, also starring Ayushmann Khurrana. Amitabh Bachchan's line-up of films now includes Brahmastra, Jhund and Chehre. Mr Bachchan will also return as the host of Kaun Banega Crorepati for the upcoming season.

Abhishek Bachchan is best known for his roles in films such as Guru, Bunty Aur Babli, Manmarziyaan, Raavan, Delhi-6 and the Dhoom series of films among others. His next film The Big Bull is one of the seven big Bollywood movies to be released on OTT platform Disney+Hotstar. Abhishek Bachchan stars in the recently release web-show Breathe: Into The Shadows, which premiered on Amazon Prime on July 10.

https://www.ndtv.com/entertainment/a...tweets-2261212

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Actor Aishwarya Rai and her mother-in-law Jaya Bachchan have tested negative for the coronavirus. They were tested after Abhishek Bachchan and Amitabh Bachchan were diagnosed with Covid-19 on Saturday.

Mumbai mayor Kishori Pednekar said, “Jaya Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan were tested last night using rapid antigen kit. Both have tested negative, but have been quarantined for 14 days. They will be again tested after their quarantine period is completed.”

Pednekar added, “BMC has carried sanitisation of Amitabh Bachchan’s residence today morning, and it has been declared as containment zone starting today. No-one will be allowed to enter or exit from the house. Mumbai Police has alos done barricading there. Only supply for essential items will be allowed.”

The Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital said that Amitabh Bachchan is stable with mild symptoms and is currently admitted in an isolation unit. Bachchan, 77, said in a tweet on Saturday that he has tested positive and appealed to those who were in close proximity to him in the past 10 days to get themselves tested.

Abhishek, who is 44, tweeted Saturday night that he also has tested positive for Covid-19 and is hospitalized. “Both of us having mild symptoms have been admitted to the hospital,” he wrote. “I request all to stay calm and not panic.”

https://www.hindustantimes.com/bolly...TlFqQWvFL.html

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    From BBC:

Bollywood star Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and her daughter have tested positive for coronavirus.

It comes a day after her father-in-law Amitabh Bachchan, one of India's most famous actors, and her husband Abhishek confirmed they had the virus.

Both men are currently in hospital in Mumbai. Their condition is stable.

It’s unclear if Aishwarya Rai and her eight-year-old daughter Aaradhya are in hospital.

Other members of the Bachchan family including Jaya Bachchan, the wife of Amitabh, have returned negative coronavirus antigen test reports, local media reported.

Mumbai municipal officials have since put up banners outside Amitabh Bachchan’s house in the city, classifying it as a "containment zone".

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Three generations of a high-profile Bollywood family have tested positive for Covid-19, officials in the Indian state of Maharashtra say.

Results on Sunday showed the actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, a former Miss World, and her daughter Aaradhya, eight, were infected with coronavirus.

Her husband Abhishek and father-in-law Amitabh, both also actors, were taken to hospital on Saturday with the virus.

Both men were said to have mild symptoms.

Abhishek Bachchan tweeted that they would remain in hospital "till the doctors decide otherwise".

Aishwarya Bachchan, 46, is one of Bollywood's most famous faces both in India and abroad, featuring in several Bollywood and Hollywood films.

She won the Miss World pageant in 1994 and is Goodwill Ambassador for UNAIDS. In 2003 she was the first Indian actress to be a jury member at the Cannes Film Festival.

Aishwarya and her daughter are said to be asymptomatic. Her husband tweeted to say they would be self-isolating at home .

Outpouring of support
    On Saturday Amitabh Bachchan told his millions of Twitter followers he had tested positive for Covid-19.

"I have tested Covid positive, shifted to hospital, hospital informing authorities, family and staff undergone tests, results awaited," he wrote.

Bachchan, 77, has been involved in 200 films over five decades.

He and Abhishek, 44, were taken to Nanavati Hospital in Mumbai on Saturday. Abhishek described them both as having mild symptoms .

Amitabh is currently in the isolation unit of the hospital, news agency ANI reported, quoting a public relations officer for the hospital. He urged anyone who had been close to him in the past 10 days to get tested.

His wife Jaya had tested negative, officials said. It was not clear whether results for other family members were yet in.

Mumbai municipal officials have since put up banners outside the actor's house in the city, classifying it as a "containment zone".

The news has led to an outpouring of support for the family on social media. Among those paying their respects were actress Sonam K Ahuja and former India cricket player Irfan Pathan.

"Dear Amitabh ji, I join the whole Nation in wishing you a quick recovery! After all, you are the idol of millions in this country, an iconic superstar! We will all take good care of you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!" said India's Health Minister Harsh Vardhan.

Bachchan Snr has enjoyed starring roles in hit movies such as Zanjeer and Sholay. Since rising to fame in the 1970s, he has won numerous accolades including four National Film Awards and 15 Filmfare Awards. France has also bestowed its highest civilian award, the Legion of Honour, for his contribution to cinema.

Outside acting, Bachchan Snr had a brief stint in politics and was elected as a member of India's parliament in 1984 at the behest of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. But he resigned three years later, disillusioned by a corruption scandal under Mr Gandhi's government.

In recent months, he has been prominent in helping the government get its message across in the fight against coronavirus.

India saw a record rise in the number of coronavirus cases by 27,100 on Sunday, with the total climbing to nearly 850,000 - the third highest caseload in the world. There have been complaints about a lack of both testing and frontline medical staff.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-a...mpression=true

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Amitabh Bachchan thanked his fans and well-wishers. The actor tweeted from the Nanavati hospital on Monday night and said that he was overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and prayers after he tested positive for Covid-19. He said that though he could not individually respond to each of them, he was moved by their love for him.

“Prarthanaon, sad bhavnaon ki musladhar baarish ne sneh roopi bandhan ka baandh tod diya hai; beh gaya, sthir reh na paaya, tar kar diya mujhe iss apaar pyaar ne, mere iss ekakipan ke andhere ko jo tumne prajwalit kar diya hai, vyakt na kar paunga vyaktigat aabhaar, bas nat mastak hoon main (The torrential rain of prayers and good wishes has gone beyond the bond of affection. I was swept away, I could not remain steady as this immense love filled me. It took away the darkness of my loneliness and filled my life with light. I will not be able to express my personal gratitude to each one but I bow down to you),” he wrote on Twitter.

Amitabh and his son, Abhishek Bachchan, tested positive for Covid-19 on Saturday. Abhishek in a tweet on Sunday had written that his wife, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, and daughter, Aaradhya, also tested positive for the virus. “Aishwarya and Aaradhya have also tested COVID-19 positive. They will be self quarantining at home. The BMC has been updated of their situation and are doing the needful.The rest of the family including my Mother have tested negative. Thank you all for your wishes and prayers,” he had written.

His wife and daughter’s positive coronavirus results came in a day after he and his father, Amitabh, revealed that they had tested positive for the illness, which has affected more than eight lakh people in India. On Sunday, Amitabh provided an update from the isolation ward at that he has been admitted to. He wrote on his blog, “My dearest Ef .. your concern, your prayers and your wishes for Abhishek, Aishwarya, Aaradhya and me for a speedy recovery has filled me with unending gratitude .. I thank you all ...”

While Amitabh and Abhishek are admitted at the Nanavati hospital for mild symptoms, Aishwarya and Aaradhya are asymptomatic and are in quarantine at home. Jaya Bachchan has tested negative.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/bolly...YfswUQR0O.html