Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Signs of the Last Hour

Note this thread is not to abuse or for you to state you think religion or such prophecies are false. Wasting your time on this thread.

It is for those who want to discuss this topic, as it seems to be a regular converstation between religious people esp Muslims and Christians.

It was a CHRISTIAN who told me we are in the 'end times'. He is asking what references are there in the Islamic view.

Please post what you feel is releveant. Many of these in Islam are not literal but require methodology.

Here are a few I found interesting. Sayings of the Prophet(pbuh)

...."when you see barefoot, naked, destitute shepherds competing in constructing tall buildings" - Arab world.

...."The leaders of the Muslims will be chosen from ignorant people, and they will rule according to their whims" - Many to choose from today

...."Wine (intoxicants, alcohol) will be drunk in great quantities." - Drugs and alcohol are rife like never seen before.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    689 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Another one mentioned in the same passages is “the slave woman will give birth to her mistress.” This is often assumed to allude to disrespectful children, but I’ve always wondered if there’s a more cryptic interpretation that isn’t evident at the moment.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    689 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Eschatology is a fascinating topic by the way, right up there with Jinn lore. I have high hopes from this thread.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thread! I thought about this topic a lot during the past few months. Are we near end times? We just have to wait and see.

Events that are happening at present

Naked, destitute, barefoot shepherds will compete in building tall buildings (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 1: book 2: 47)
    The slave-woman will give birth to her master or mistress (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 6: book 60: 300)
    A trial (fitnah) which will enter every Arab household (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 4: book 53: 401)
    Knowledge will be taken away (by the death of people of knowledge), and ignorance will prevail (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 1: book 3: 80)
    Wine (intoxicants, alcohol) will be drunk in great quantities (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 1: book 3: 80)
    Zina will become widespread (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 1: book 3: 80)
    Earthquakes will increase (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 2: book 17: 146)
    Time will pass more quickly (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 2: book 17: 146)
    Tribulations (fitana) will prevail (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 2: book 17: 146)
    Bloodshed will increase (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 2: book 17: 146)
    A man will pass by the grave of another and wish he was in the latter’s place (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 9: book 88: 237)
    Trustworthiness will be lost, i.e. when authority is given to those who do not deserve it (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 1: book 3: 56)
    People will gather for prayer, but will be unable to find an imam to lead them (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 2: 0581)

Events that are yet to happen

The number of men will decrease, whilst the number of women will increase, until for every man there are 50 women (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 1: book 3: 81)
    The Euphrates will reveal a treasure of gold, and many will die fighting over it, each one hoping to be the one who gains the treasure (Sahih Muslim, Book 041: 6918)
    The Romans (Europeans) will come to a place called A’maq or Wabiq, and an army of the best people will go forth from Madinah to face them (Sahih Muslim, Book 041: 6924)
    The Muslim conquest of Rome (Sahih Muslim, Book 041: 6721)
    The Mahdi (guided one) will appear, and be the Imam of the Muslims (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 36: 4272)
    Jesus Christ will descend in Damascus, and pray behind the Mahdi (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 3: book 43: 656)
    Jesus will break the cross and kill the swine, i.e. destroy the false Christianity (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 3: book 43: 656)
    The Antichrist (al-masih al-dajjal, the false christ) will appear, with all his tools of deception, and be an immense trial. He will be followed by 70,000 Jews from Isfahan (Sahih Muslim, Book 041: 7034)
    The appearance of Ya’juj and Ma’juj (Gog and Magog), and the associated tribulations ) (Sahih Muslim, Book 041: 6931)
    The emergence of the Beast from the Earth, carrying the Staff of Moses and the Seal of Solomon, who will speak to the people, telling them they did not believe with certainty in the Divine Signs ) (Sahih Muslim, Book 041: 6931)
    A major war between the Muslims (including Jews and Christians who truly believe in Jesus after his return) led by the Imam Mahdi, and the Jews plus other non-Muslims led by the Antichrist (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 4: book 52: 177)
    Jesus will kill the Antichrist at the gate of Ludd (Lod in present-day Israel, site of an airport and a major Israeli military base) (Sahih Muslim, Book 041: 7015)
    A time of great peace and serenity during and after the remaining lifetime of Jesus (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 3: book 43: 656)
    Arabia will become a land of gardens and rivers (Sahih Muslim, Book 005: 2208)
    Society will then decay (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 14: 2529)
    The buttocks of the women of the tribe of Daws will again sway in circumambulation (tawaf) around the idol Dhul-Khulsah (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 9: book 88: 232)
    A great fire in the Hijaz, seen by the inhabitants of Busra (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 9: book 88: 232)
    Three major armies will sink into the earth: one in the east, one in the west, one in Arabia (Sahih Muslim, Book 041: 6931)
    An Abyssinian leader with thin shins will destroy the Ka’bah (Sahih Muslim, Book 041: 6951)
    The huge cloud of smoke (Sahih Muslim, Book 041: 6931)
    The sun will rise from the west (its place of setting) (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 6: book 60: 159)
    A gentle wind which will take the souls of the believers (Sahih Muslim, Book 041: 7015)
    There is no-one left on the earth saying, "Allah, Allah" or "There is no god except Allah." (Sahih Muslim, Book 001: 0273)
    Eventually, the Day of Judgment is established upon the worst of the people, who copulate like donkeys in public (Sahih Muslim, Book 041: 7015)
    The blowing in the Trumpet by the Angel Israfil, upon which everyone will faint except as Allah wills (Sahih Muslim, Book 041: 7023)
    The second blowing in the Trumpet, upon which everyone will be resurrected (Sahih Muslim, Book 041: 7023)
    Source: https://www.islamicfinder.org/news/48-signs-of-qiyamah/.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 31st March 2020 at 05:00.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    Another one mentioned in the same passages is “the slave woman will give birth to her mistress.” This is often assumed to allude to disrespectful children, but I’ve always wondered if there’s a more cryptic interpretation that isn’t evident at the moment.
    Interesting one this. Could it be a surrogate mother of a rich/powerful baby, who then later becomes some sort of mistress(dominant) over the 'surrogate mother'?

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    Great thread! I thought about this topic a lot during the past few months. Are we near end times? We just have to wait and see.

I think we are on our way like a farmer in the outback jumping in his dodgy truck to get to Darwin. How far to Darwin, have no idea.

I've seen many videos bro and read many articles.

What is your personal opinion on some of the texts? Copy the text and try to explain it. We all know nobody is a scholar here so it's only for an interesting read.

Btw, are Muslims and Christians talking of this being near due to the current pandemic?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top thread, though not sure if relevant, but Netflix have cancelled the next season of The Messiah.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of references here but none directly from the Quran. As Muslims the Quran is all we need. Hadiths help but they’re the secondary source and not primary.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Eschatology is a fascinating topic by the way, right up there with Jinn lore. I have high hopes from this thread.
    What are your views on Imran Hosein? He seems to know about this subject.

Reminds me of this he stated only recently in one of his videos.

" Narrated Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said "The people will continue performing the Hajj and `Umra to the Ka`ba even after the appearance of Gog and Magog." Narrated Shu`ba extra: The Hour (Day of Judgment) will not be established till the Hajj (to the Ka`ba) is abandoned."

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 1593
    In-book reference : Book 25, Hadith 79

He stated years ago, this could happen if a virus came about and now we have it.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Lots of references here but none directly from the Quran. As Muslims the Quran is all we need. Hadiths help but they’re the secondary source and not primary.
    Do you know of any verses bro?

Top thread, though not sure if relevant, but Netflix have cancelled the next season of The Messiah.
    Sorry cant seem to multi quote. I think it was because in the next season there may have been a pandemic, prob a flu type virus.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Are you asking me to look them up for you, bro?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Queens, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technics 1210 View Post
    it was really boring tbh and I like this thread too I am just hoping it doesn't get infected with trolls that would make me kinda mad

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we are on our way like a farmer in the outback jumping in his dodgy truck to get to Darwin. How far to Darwin, have no idea.

I've seen many videos bro and read many articles.

What is your personal opinion on some of the texts? Copy the text and try to explain it. We all know nobody is a scholar here so it's only for an interesting read.

Btw, are Muslims and Christians talking of this being near due to the current pandemic?
    Nobody knows the exact date except Allah (SWT).

But, many scholars are saying we are near end times. Prophecies are getting fulfilled.

I personally think that we may have lots of fitnas in the coming years. Things are going to get worse. These were all predicted.

We just have to hold on to the faith and try to stay steadfast.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are you asking me to look them up for you, bro?
    If you dont mind, thanks.

Not really clued up on this subject as never been interested in the last hour as it sounds terryifying and im rarely scared of anything.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nobody knows the exact date except Allah (SWT).

But, many scholars are saying we are near end times. Prophecies are getting fulfilled.

I personally think that we may have lots of fitnas in the coming years. Things are going to get worse. These were all predicted.

We just have to hold on to the faith and try to stay steadfast.
    I kinda agree.

Which texts are you personal favourite? Any events you feel which are very near? The great war is one which I think cant be too far now.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    689 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Interesting one this. Could it be a surrogate mother of a rich/powerful baby, who then later becomes some sort of mistress(dominant) over the 'surrogate mother'?
    Another interpretation I’ve read is that this alludes to the proper order of things being upturned, such that things are exactly the opposite of what they ought to be.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @KingKhanWC

Found this hadith. Check this out:

I went to the Prophet (ﷺ) during the Ghazwa of Tabuk while he was sitting in a leather tent. He said, "Count six signs that indicate the approach of the Hour: my death, the conquest of Jerusalem, a plague that will afflict you (and kill you in great numbers) as the plague that afflicts sheep, the increase of wealth to such an extent that even if one is given one hundred Dinars, he will not be satisfied; then an affliction which no Arab house will escape, and then a truce between you and Bani Al-Asfar (i.e. the Byzantines) who will betray you and attack you under eighty flags. Under each flag will be twelve thousand soldiers.
    Source: https://sunnah.com/bukhari/58/18.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    689 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    What are your views on Imran Hosein? He seems to know about this subject.

Reminds me of this he stated only recently in one of his videos.

" Narrated Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said "The people will continue performing the Hajj and `Umra to the Ka`ba even after the appearance of Gog and Magog." Narrated Shu`ba extra: The Hour (Day of Judgment) will not be established till the Hajj (to the Ka`ba) is abandoned."

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 1593
    In-book reference : Book 25, Hadith 79

He stated years ago, this could happen if a virus came about and now we have it.
    Unfortunately I hadn’t heard of him.

On the topic of the Hajj being abandoned though, this won’t be the first time. I believe the Wahhabis stopped it when they first invaded Hejaz back in the early 19th century, and it was stopped a few times during the internecine warfare between Muslim factions during the early centuries. Each time, people were convinced the end was nigh.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another interpretation I’ve read is that this alludes to the proper order of things being upturned, such that things are exactly the opposite of what they ought to be.
    We are here already then, Man Utd won the PL league so many times while Liverpool have not , and yet still not !

@KingKhanWC

Found this hadith. Check this out:

Source: https://sunnah.com/bukhari/58/18.
    Well this plague is only supposed to kill 1-2% so cant be. This means there is another one after this which will be really serious!

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately I hadn’t heard of him.

On the topic of the Hajj being abandoned though, this won’t be the first time. I believe the Wahhabis stopped it when they first invaded Hejaz back in the early 19th century, and it was stopped a few times during the internecine warfare between Muslim factions during the early centuries. Each time, people were convinced the end was nigh.
    You might want to watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF6r8lJgWrY

From 15.40 onwards. Never took him too seriously but this got me thinking... I think abandonment means stop , no more . Not suspension which you are right to point out is nothing new.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    689 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

About “The Muslim conquest of Rome (Sahih Muslim, Book 041: 6721).”

This may already have happened. To the early Muslims, “Rum” meant Byzantium, i.e. the eastern Roman Empire, not “Rome.” Hence Maulana Rumi having lived and died in Konya rather than present day Italy. Byzantium, based in Asia Minor with the capital at Constantinople, was conquered centuries ago.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “A time will come upon people in which they will consume usury.” It was said, “All of the people?” The Prophet said, “Whoever does not consume it will be affected by its dust.”

Source: Musnad Aḥmad 10191

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Ahmad Shakir
    Source: https://abuaminaelias.com/dailyhadit...st-riba-usury/.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About “The Muslim conquest of Rome (Sahih Muslim, Book 041: 6721).”

This may already have happened. To the early Muslims, “Rum” meant Byzantium, i.e. the eastern Roman Empire, not “Rome.” Hence Maulana Rumi having lived and died in Konya rather than present day Italy. Byzantium, based in Asia Minor with the capital at Constantinople, was conquered centuries ago.
    Muslims will face an army consisting of 80 flags near the end times. Here's one explanation: https://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/P...ang=E&Id=83460.

It is possible that we may see another battle involving Constantinople (modern day Istanbul).

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    689 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    You might want to watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF6r8lJgWrY

From 15.40 onwards. Never took him too seriously but this got me thinking... I think abandonment means stop , no more . Not suspension which you are right to point out is nothing new.
    Bookmarked for my late night viewing pleasure.

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @KingKhanWC

Found this hadith:

I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) as saying: There would arise at the end of the age a people who would be young in age and immature in thought, but they would talk (in such a manner) as if their words are the best among the creatures. They would recite the Qur'an, but it would not go beyond their throats, and they would pass through the religion as an arrow goes through the prey. So when you meet them, kill them, for in their killing you would get a reward with Allah on the Day of Judgement.
    Source: https://sunnah.com/muslim/12/199.

Is this hadith referring to the fitna of ISIS? Definitely can't rule out the possibility.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 31st March 2020 at 06:29.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    certainly not the last hour yet. One of the signs could be.

Dejal is yet to come, then Imam Mahdi then Jusus (Isa alahe salam) yet to come.

However, we should be fearful because if we die now that's our last hour regardless.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2004 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Abhi Dajjal ne ana hai

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When is the Last hour?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Nah.

India had to be conquered by the Muslim armies first na? Modi being PM means that certainly hasn't happened yet - hell no.

So carry on.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I bet people have been coming up with references to end of times prophecies since the beginning of Islam. The prophecies are so vague they could apply to almost anything over the centuries

Sua cuique voluptas.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Nah.

India had to be conquered by the Muslim armies first na? Modi being PM means that certainly hasn't happened yet - hell no.

So carry on.
    Firstly, don't think that's a sign

Secondly, forgotten the Mughal Empire so quickly?

What were they?
    Jews?
    Christians?
    Last edited by Ronaldo7; 31st March 2020 at 11:01.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    Firstly, don't think that's a sign

Secondly, forgotten the Mughal Empire so quickly?

What were they?
    Jews?
    Christians?
    Actually, there is a hadith about this. This should happen during the end times.

Here it is: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1456...quest-of-india.

There is a possibility this is not saheeh. Two isnaads are weak while one is saheeh.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 31st March 2020 at 11:36.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, there is a hadith about this. This should happen during the end times.

Here it is: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1456...quest-of-india.

There is a possibility this is not saheeh. Two isnaads are weak while one is saheeh.
    From what i've read from many different scholars is that this hadith may be weak or it may be referring to the earlier invasions.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Some Christians have been expecting the Second Coming every since Jesus died.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I would imagine it would mostly be global warming contributing to upheaval across the world via refugees, leading to increased warfare and fighting over diminishing resources. Noting immediate, but getting cumulatively closer due to industrialisation in the east.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    One of the prophecies about time going quicker is already happening. Just ask yourself what happened to the last 20 years.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have never really focused on the events of the future since we do not control them. The thing that we can control is now, our current moment as an individual and that too not in an absolute manner.

That's why all the sayings on these things are absurd or unclear. The Sahaba Razi Allah Taala Anhuma didn't ask such questions because they were focused on making their now better. They also had the example of Surah e Baqarah and the incessant questions about the sacrificial cow and learned to follow, obey, and believe.

Not every calamity is linked to end of times and no one has accurately prophesized anything. What we can do is to fix ourselves in the current moment, and if the world is ending, so be it. Too much attention is paid to the minute things in the religion, while the core religion is absolutely ignored, forgotten, or gone against directly as it's hard to act upon.

A person dying in most cases is the end of times for them unless they leave behind avenues of Sadqah e Jaariya, or a few other things that have been mentioned categoricaly that are rewarded continuously even after death. No one knows when Qayaamat will come except Allah swt, no one knows what the future holds except Allah swt, and no one will ever be able to change the decree of Allah swt.

It may or may not be the end of times, but what it is for sure is an opportunity for us to be better, kinder, more tolerant, and more respectful to the life (also nonliving things) around us. Everything else is either an abstract idea, a story, or something that is out of our control.

Azaadi. InshAllah.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Shaheen Bagh, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dajjal will come eventually.

It has been mentioned in all religions under different name but they all suggest coming of Dajjal.

MCU also mentions arrival of Thanos

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    I have never really focused on the events of the future since we do not control them. The thing that we can control is now, our current moment as an individual and that too not in an absolute manner.

That's why all the sayings on these things are absurd or unclear. The Sahaba Razi Allah Taala Anhuma didn't ask such questions because they were focused on making their now better. They also had the example of Surah e Baqarah and the incessant questions about the sacrificial cow and learned to follow, obey, and believe.

Not every calamity is linked to end of times and no one has accurately prophesized anything. What we can do is to fix ourselves in the current moment, and if the world is ending, so be it. Too much attention is paid to the minute things in the religion, while the core religion is absolutely ignored, forgotten, or gone against directly as it's hard to act upon.

A person dying in most cases is the end of times for them unless they leave behind avenues of Sadqah e Jaariya, or a few other things that have been mentioned categoricaly that are rewarded continuously even after death. No one knows when Qayaamat will come except Allah swt, no one knows what the future holds except Allah swt, and no one will ever be able to change the decree of Allah swt.

It may or may not be the end of times, but what it is for sure is an opportunity for us to be better, kinder, more tolerant, and more respectful to the life (also nonliving things) around us. Everything else is either an abstract idea, a story, or something that is out of our control.
    Great Post. Each person's death is their personal end of times.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's hope not.

I was actually trying to avoid this particular topic but Varun brought it up.

Also, scholars aren't on the same page with this matter.

Here is another explanation: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1485...asion-of-india.

You are right. It is possible that this has already happened (Pakistan and Bangladesh). That's what I found out.
    Ghazwa e hind is a weak hadith so I would take that with a grain of salt.

Most of the minor signs have passed already. The major signs will follow one another like a domino effect. May Allah protect us all from the fitna of dajjal.

Regarding the plague hadith there's been a few plagues during the last 1400 years so it could be one of them.

Times are close no doubt. One of the signs I am sure was the khilafa ending and a new khilafat starting roughly 100 years after many scholars say the khilafat ended in early 1900s and it's early 2000s so there's possibility of imam Mahdi arriving soon and Allah knows best.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Dajjal will come eventually.

It has been mentioned in all religions under different name but they all suggest coming of Dajjal.

MCU also mentions arrival of Thanos
    May be he is already here...can think of quite a few leaders in the world who are working overtime to destroy other nations and their own...

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nah.

So carry on.
    They already came and conquered and then whooped by British. Still nothing happened.

People have been saying end times are here for centuries now. Yet it never comes.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uberkoen View Post
    I bet people have been coming up with references to end of times prophecies since the beginning of Islam. The prophecies are so vague they could apply to almost anything over the centuries
    Just like Nostradamus predictions.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s an entire chapter on the day of judgement. Surah Qayamah. I think that would be a good one to start with.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2004 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Think of it this way.... when you pass away, and your children live out their lives and pass away and perhaps when your grand kids live out their lives and pass away. Then there will not be a single person on earth who would have any knowledge of your existence. It was as if you never existed. That is a haunting thought.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As the Doc would say, 80% of what the Quran has predicted has been proven to be 100% correct. The remaining 20% is ambiguous, neither right nor wrong. Inshallah, the remaining 20 will be proven correct as well.

We know what will happen but we don't know when it will happen. Even with the signs given to us, it's difficult to say when the end is near us.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post

This is a pretty solid and wise response that I agree with. IMO, this is crux of an Islamic life. Try your best, and hope for the best.

How, as a Muslim are we going to use our intelligence, resources and time, is all what matters.

The clock keeps ticking on us till the bell rings, and our time is up and the last curtain falls on our eyes.

However, the OP created the thread because a person of Christian faith asked them about Islamic take on the signs of the last hour?

There are numerous signs that have been posted in this thread. Many are sourced from Hadeeth.

My answer to OP is, if you look back, you will notice that in every past era the signs were witnessed. And we don't know for how long these signs will be noticed in the future.

From Quran and Hadeeth, The message is pretty clear, ONLY and ONLY God knows when the last hour will actually arrive.

And this supports the notion of your reply. We must believe in the arrival of the last hour as part of our emaan, but we perhaps shouldn't worry too much about finding it's exact time because (from the bold above) we can't find the answer.

So the focus should be, how are we going to spend our lives?
    A morally cautious and a peaceful life under the guidance of God should be the focus of a Muslim.
    After that, it's our own call.

We should make wise choices because in the end, we will be responsible for our choices that we made on free will.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2044 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    This is becoming a very annoying trend now.

Stop derailing threads.

If not, bans will be handed out soon.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    West Ridings
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Three major armies will sink into the earth: one in the east, one in the west, one in Arabia (Sahih Muslim, Book 041: 6931)"

America, China and Iran?..

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @KingKhanWC

Found this hadith:

"Doomsday will not strike before the Euphrates uncovers a mountain of gold. People will fight for it. Ninety-nine out of each one hundred will be killed. Every one of them will think, ‘I will probably win the fight.’" [Bukhari, Fitan 24; Muslim, Fitan 29, (2894); Abu Dawud, Malahim 13, (4313, 4314); Tirmidhi, Jannah 26, (2572, 2573)]
    Source: https://questionsonislam.com/questio...o-present-then.

Euphrates river is starting to dry up: https://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/14/w...euphrates.html.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 1st April 2020 at 01:38.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There’s an entire chapter on the day of judgement. Surah Qayamah. I think that would be a good one to start with.
    I was looking for specific verses which point to certain events or behaviour.

I believe the mountain of gold is referring to Oil. The fight is still going on which could lead to WW£ where 99/100 combatants will perish. Has to be nuclear war.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Nah.

So carry on.
    Those are all weak narrations.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Intresting .....

The Griffins ....

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no it is literal meaning. Come to the GCC and I will show you that khaddamas (maids) are bearing child of the employer. They literally have married their slaves (in better terms their servants / maids)

Half arab half filipinas, half arab half indonesians, half indian half arabs are there

عبدي أنت تريد ، وأنا أريد ، ولا يكون إلا ما أريد ، فإن سلمت لي فيما تريد كفيتك ما تريد

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is some mind-bending stuff.

Great thread.

Personally I think the human race has a fair bit of time to go yet, but it’s totally understandable that these matters are being considered right now, and who knows - if the Covid-19 virus was to mutate into a more lethal strain then we could be looking at a much higher fatality rate in the future.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    This is some mind-bending stuff.

Great thread.

Personally I think the human race has a fair bit of time to go yet, but it’s totally understandable that these matters are being considered right now, and who knows - if the Covid-19 virus was to mutate into a more lethal strain then we could be looking at a much higher fatality rate in the future.
    The next one will be far more serious imo. However some scholars have said these have passed but not imo.

During the Battle of Tabūk, the Prophet ﷺ said to ‘Awf b. Mālik (rA), “Count six signs before the Hour; my death, the conquest of Jerusalem, two mortal plagues that will take you [in great numbers] as the plague of sheep [depletes them], then wealth will be in such surplus that a man will be given a hundred gold coins and still be unsatisfied, then there will be a tribulation that will not leave an Arab home without entering it, then there will be a truce between you [Muslims] and Banu al-Aṣfar (Byzantines) which they will betray, and march against you under eighty flags, and under each flag will be twelve thousand [soldiers].”[9

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Think of it this way.... when you pass away, and your children live out their lives and pass away and perhaps when your grand kids live out their lives and pass away. Then there will not be a single person on earth who would have any knowledge of your existence. It was as if you never existed. That is a haunting thought.
    It's only a haunting thought while you're alive, I suppose.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Hanover Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone here following Shaykh Imran Hosein. He seems to be of the opinion this is a manufactured crisis and the steps to come ahead indicate towards the change in world order, things like a new global currency, shift in power, etc.

Also there is talk about 5g roll-out and how it links to the places with most impact.

the potential vaccine being something that could include an extra aspect of microchip, etc.

he is advising people to move to remote areas and establish communities alongside like minded christians and jews, based on Hadith of Prophet SAW that advised on the time when it based to be moving to a hill with goats, etc. (paraphrasing).

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mon858 View Post
    Anyone here following Shaykh Imran Hosein. He seems to be of the opinion this is a manufactured crisis and the steps to come ahead indicate towards the change in world order, things like a new global currency, shift in power, etc.

Also there is talk about 5g roll-out and how it links to the places with most impact.

the potential vaccine being something that could include an extra aspect of microchip, etc.

he is advising people to move to remote areas and establish communities alongside like minded christians and jews, based on Hadith of Prophet SAW that advised on the time when it based to be moving to a hill with goats, etc. (paraphrasing).
    I truly feel sorry for you. I really do.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 5G conspiracy is one of the more absurd ones out there.

Recently saw a post where they tried to link 2G/3G/4G to a viral outbreak occurring.

Idiocy went one step further trying to link Spanish Flu to the emergence of 'Radio Waves', as if that didn't exist since the birth of the universe.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Queens, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    I truly feel sorry for you. I really do.
    I mean 5g is bad for health that's why some countries are hesitating in rolling out this tech

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post
    I mean 5g is bad for health that's why some countries are hesitating in rolling out this tech
    No it's not.

When grown up men believe in grandma fairy tales its pretty sad. I don't mean it offensively, but honestly.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericBrand View Post
    The 5G conspiracy is one of the more absurd ones out there.

Recently saw a post where they tried to link 2G/3G/4G to a viral outbreak occurring.

Idiocy went one step further trying to link Spanish Flu to the emergence of 'Radio Waves', as if that didn't exist since the birth of the universe.
    It really is sad people believe in such nonsense.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    No it's not.

When grown up men believe in grandma fairy tales its pretty sad. I don't mean it offensively, but honestly.
    You may want to read this article: https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...ve-5g-is-safe/.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You may want to read this article: https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...ve-5g-is-safe/.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/16/s...ss-cancer.html

I can post a 100 more.

You already believe in crackpot theories so no point convincing you

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When you see Mecca, its mountain with holes (pierced through them), and its buildings reach its mountain tops, then as-Sa’ah (the Hour) has already cast its shadow.

[Suyuti]

Name:  Traffic_in_Makkah.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  210.5 KB

Ive walked through these, feels really strange but a nice moment outside of the heat.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you see Mecca, its mountain with holes (pierced through them), and its buildings reach its mountain tops, then as-Sa’ah (the Hour) has already cast its shadow.

[Suyuti]

Name:  Traffic_in_Makkah.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  210.5 KB

Ive walked through these, feels really strange but a nice moment outside of the heat.
    Pretty remarkable.

Looks like these two prophecies came true.

God knows best.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pretty remarkable.

Looks like these two prophecies came true.

God knows best.
    Yes, clearly referring to the Arabs

"The Final Hour will not come until… you see poor, naked, barefoot shepherds of sheep and goats competing in making tall buildings."

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "There will be prevalence of open illegal sexual intercourse." Sahih Bukhari

On Saturday afternoon (March 25), the pair were seen having sex in West End Park, March, which has a play area for children, a skate park, swimming pool and library nearby.

Several people said they saw the couple 'having sexual intercourse', although it didn't seem to put the rompers off.
    https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/new...march-16343673

This is really distrubing. There are so many articles like this. One I read, the couple were in plain sight of children but continued even after being asked to stop. I think there is another hadith regarding being told to at least go behind a wall. Interestingly there is an article about an incident which is very similar to this.

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    How do you purpose we analyse the validity of these claims?

Proactively, rather than retroactively, thus we can remove all doubt.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    How do you purpose we analyse the validity of these claims?

Proactively, rather than retroactively, thus we can remove all doubt.
    I dont, the opening post was clear, this is for those who believe in this religion and for them to ponder upon. If you dont believe in God, these are then meaningless, I agree.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @KingKhanWC

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "The Hour will not be established (1) till two big groups fight each other whereupon there will be a great number of casualties on both sides and they will be following one and the same religious doctrine, (2) till about thirty Dajjals (liars) appear, and each one of them will claim that he is Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), (3) till the religious knowledge is taken away (by the death of Religious scholars) (4) earthquakes will increase in number (5) time will pass quickly, (6) afflictions will appear, (7) Al-Harj, (i.e., killing) will increase, (8) till wealth will be in abundance ---- so abundant that a wealthy person will worry lest nobody should accept his Zakat, and whenever he will present it to someone, that person (to whom it will be offered) will say, 'I am not in need of it, (9) till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings, (10) till a man when passing by a grave of someone will say, 'Would that I were in his place (11) and till the sun rises from the West. So when the sun will rise and the people will see it (rising from the West) they will all believe (embrace Islam) but that will be the time when: (As Allah said,) 'No good will it do to a soul to believe then, if it believed not before, nor earned good (by deeds of righteousness) through its Faith.' (6.158) And the Hour will be established while two men spreading a garment in front of them but they will not be able to sell it, nor fold it up; and the Hour will be established when a man has milked his she-camel and has taken away the milk but he will not be able to drink it; and the Hour will be established before a man repairing a tank (for his livestock) is able to water (his animals) in it; and the Hour will be established when a person has raised a morsel (of food) to his mouth but will not be able to eat it."
    Source: https://sunnah.com/bukhari/92.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I dont, the opening post was clear, this is for those who believe in this religion and for them to ponder upon. If you dont believe in God, these are then meaningless, I agree.
    That’s not what I am saying.

I am saying as a believer you should have a criteria to evaluate such prophecies proactively.

Otherwise, you could apply it to every event and discard every event and it makes a mockery of it.

Better luck next time

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A lot of information. Can you pin point one and give some examples of today and your views bro?

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That’s not what I am saying.

I am saying as a believer you should have a criteria to evaluate such prophecies proactively.

Otherwise, you could apply it to every event and discard every event and it makes a mockery of it.
    Sure but ill leave it up to the those who have stuidied it. Some are clear cut such as the holes in Mecca and Large buildings in Mecca, as this is unprecidented and evidence is clear.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must admit I have not read a single post and am just going by the title thread...

Surely If you are a true believer, a person of faith, then you will accept that you will never be able to predict the last hour and to look for signs would be extremely foolish.

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sure but ill leave it up to the those who have stuidied it. Some are clear cut such as the holes in Mecca and Large buildings in Mecca, as this is unprecidented and evidence is clear.
    How can you have faith in a prophecy if you leave the analysis to others and don’t do any research of your own? Surely, you can’t have confidence in believing without actually checking?

I disagree that it’s clear. Far from it.

But I’ll respect your wishes of not derailing the thread.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can you have faith in a prophecy if you leave the analysis to others and don’t do any research of your own? Surely, you can’t have confidence in believing without actually checking?

I disagree that it’s clear. Far from it.

But I’ll respect your wishes of not derailing the thread.
    The whole notion of “signs” makes zero sense, and particular of you’re a true believer.