Wisden Cricket Monthly

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 60 of 60
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    126,221
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

    "Why recall Hafeez and Malik when their records in places like Australia is clear?": Mohammad Yousuf

    Karachi, Apr 2 (PTI) Pakistan''s former star batsman Mohammad Yousuf has attributed India''s recent Test series defeat in New Zealand to fatigue and brilliant effort by the home team''s fast bowlers.
    World number one India lost the Test series 0-2.

    "New Zealand has always been a tough side at home and they have only gotten better in recent years and don''t forget they have some top pace bowlers who are not easy to handle in their own conditions," Yousuf said.

    "New Zealand just played much better cricket than India and sometimes I feel there is so much cricket being played these days that it is inevitable that even the best players will get tired and fatigued at some stage."

    He observed that even Kohli seemed fatigued in New Zealand.

    "It can happen to anyone when you play so much cricket. That is why I agree in modern day cricket fitness is paramount for players.

    "In our days we could manage. But my belief is that if a player is not fit he just can''t give perform to his potential."

    Yousuf lashed out at Pakistan head coach and chief selector Misbah-ul-Haq for recalling senior players Mohammad Hafeez and Shoaib Malik.

    "I just don''t understand why give so much responsibility to one man and I don''t see any planning in the way Misbah is handling things.

    "Why recall Hafeez and Malik when their records in places like Australia is clear. It is a step backward for Pakistan cricket."

    He praised batsman Babar Azam and said he is destined for greatness.

    "Babar is a class apart from the others right now. That is why he is in the ICC''s top five rankings in all three formats. Personally I have not seen a finer batsman in Pakistan than Babar since I last played for the national team," Yousuf said.

    Yousuf, 45, who played 90 Tests and 288 One-day internationals, said when he played he was lucky to be in the company of batsmen such as Salim Malik, Ejaz Ahmed, Saeed Anwar and Inzamam-ul-Haq.

    "These were all players who scored runs everywhere in the world and watching them and playing with them also turned me into a better player," Yousuf said.

    The former star added that it is not wise to compare Babar with Indian swashbucklers Kohli and Rohit Sharma, who have already achieved a lot in international cricket. PTI Cor AH AH

    https://www.outlookindia.com/newsscr...pacers/1789164


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,802
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well.

    Because that's how PAK kept winning T20s and reached #1 ranking.

    Sarfraz, Malik and Hafeez were the Mickey Arthur formula of reaching #1 meaningless T20 ranking.

    The moment they're dropped, we start losing T20s, and our typical awaam starts bashing Misbah wanting immediate results.

    Fact is, awaam wants immediate results - that's not possible when you change the Mickey Arthur formula of Sarfraz, Malik and Hafeez - the core of our T20 victories.

    We'll obviously struggle at the cup if Malik and Sarfraz are there.

    But it will satisfy the awaam and the press because we'll win meaningless bilateral T20s leading to the cup.
    Last edited by Hawkeye; 2nd April 2020 at 22:02.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    40,978
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Well.

    Because that's how PAK kept winning T20s and reached #1 ranking.

    Sarfraz, Malik and Hafeez were the Mickey Arthur formula of reaching #1 meaningless T20 ranking.

    The moment they're dropped, we start losing T20s, and our typical awaam starts bashing Misbah wanting immediate results.

    Fact is, awaam wants immediate results - that's not possible when you change the Mickey Arthur formula of Sarfraz, Malik and Hafeez - the core of our T20 victories.

    We'll obviously struggle at the cup if Malik and Sarfraz are there.

    But it will satisfy the awaam and the press because we'll win meaningless bilateral T20s leading to the cup.
    This is incorrect.

    The Mickey Arthur formula consisted of mid-level batting but excellent bowling to win games.

    During that era, Pakistan's batting run-rate of 8.26 was behind Ind, NZ, Aus, SA, Eng. But the bowling economy-rate of 7.24 was the best of all major sides.

    Since then - albeit from a small sample size of 7 matches - Pakistan's batting run-rate has dropped to 6.92 and bowling economy-rate has risen to 8.02.

    Malik and Sarfaraz played most T20Is yes during that period, yes. But Hafeez only played 12 of 37. He wasn't a big factor.

    And on the topic of the thread, Yousuf is completely right!


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,802
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    This is incorrect.

    The Mickey Arthur formula consisted of mid-level batting but excellent bowling to win games.

    During that era, Pakistan's batting run-rate of 8.26 was behind Ind, NZ, Aus, SA, Eng. But the bowling economy-rate of 7.24 was the best of all major sides.

    Since then - albeit from a small sample size of 7 matches - Pakistan's batting run-rate has dropped to 6.92 and bowling economy-rate has risen to 8.02.

    Malik and Sarfaraz played most T20Is yes during that period, yes. But Hafeez only played 12 of 37. He wasn't a big factor.

    And on the topic of the thread, Yousuf is completely right!
    How is he right?

    Are you good with us losing meaningless bilateral T20s? We'll lose if we change the Mickey Arthur formula and drop Malik + Hafeez (Sarfraz is already gone).

    Dropping so much experience will lead to losses.

    Weren't you one of those sad at us losing T20s immediately after dropping Sarfraz+Malik+Hafeez?

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,802
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hafeez btw is needed for World T20. Don't have a replacement for him.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    40,978
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    How is he right?

    Are you good with us losing meaningless bilateral T20s? We'll lose if we change the Mickey Arthur formula and drop Malik + Hafeez (Sarfraz is already gone).

    Dropping so much experience will lead to losses.

    Weren't you one of those sad at us losing T20s immediately after dropping Sarfraz+Malik+Hafeez?
    You may have been partly upset because of Hafeez being dropped, but I wasn't sad at all about any of those players not being in the team.

    I was annoyed at the comebacks by Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Akmal, though.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  7. #7
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    3,012
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree, playing in Australia or South Africa you might as well let the team physio or chef play as a batsman as he’s going to score about as many runs as Hafeez or Malik - somewhere between 0 and 9.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    3,012
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the other hand if you are playing at Chittagong or Harare , then you’ve got potential match winners in Hafeez and Malik.

  9. #9
    Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    10,982
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Is haider ali ready to replace them same goes for khushdil shah
    Do we bring back saad ali or even try Haris sohail

    Malik is constantly performing in t20 tournaments, not sure how he can be dropped


    "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    1,929
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha kashmiri View Post
    Malik is constantly performing in t20 tournaments, not sure how he can be dropped
    Easy. He has only performed on slower wickets against spin or weaker pace. He will not survive in bouncy Australia against the likes of Starc, this is for sure.

    I don’t want Hafeez to stay either but at least he can perform decently against pace. If Misbah is really set on having a senior player present, Hafeez should be the only one there.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,355
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Well.

    Because that's how PAK kept winning T20s and reached #1 ranking.

    Sarfraz, Malik and Hafeez were the Mickey Arthur formula of reaching #1 meaningless T20 ranking.

    The moment they're dropped, we start losing T20s, and our typical awaam starts bashing Misbah wanting immediate results.

    Fact is, awaam wants immediate results - that's not possible when you change the Mickey Arthur formula of Sarfraz, Malik and Hafeez - the core of our T20 victories.

    We'll obviously struggle at the cup if Malik and Sarfraz are there.

    But it will satisfy the awaam and the press because we'll win meaningless bilateral T20s leading to the cup.
    Give it a rest.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 3rd April 2020 at 19:45.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,355
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    Agree, playing in Australia or South Africa you might as well let the team physio or chef play as a batsman as he’s going to score about as many runs as Hafeez or Malik - somewhere between 0 and 9.
    Shameless clowns of the highest order. Specially hafeez. We know he will be selected due to his friendship with misbah.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,767
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It surprises me how high expectations certain ex-players and fans have from the team. Do you guys still think its the 90's or am I missing something? Look at the domestic circuit, look at the PSL and tell me how many world-class, match-winning batsmen there are. Most things happen for a reason and there is a very good reason why Malik and Hafeez are/will be in the T20I squad for the World Cup. And maybe even the next World Cup.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,802
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Give it a rest.
    I'm cool with whatever helps you sleep at night. ;)

    You're one of those who were mad at Misbah for dropping Malik, Sarfraz and Hafeez - which obviously ended up in us losing T20s.

    Your kind cannot wait for results.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 3rd April 2020 at 19:45.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,355
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I'm cool with whatever helps you sleep at night. ;)

    You're one of those who were mad at Misbah for dropping Malik, Sarfraz and Hafeez - which obviously ended up in us losing T20s.

    Your kind cannot wait for results.
    You have been called out for making stuff up many times and lieing. I guess it helps you sleep at night. When was I mad when these 3 rubbish players were dropped. Plus sarfraz was the captain in the whitewash against Sri Lanka.

    Find me where I was mad about it and I will leave PP. I have never supported rubbish players them. You are defending then now because your master picked them.

    You are going crazy after we won 2 test matches against Sri Lanka and Bangladesh and calling it we are back at dominating.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    1,423
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where were Yousuf's comments when Hafeez played every single game in the 2019 Worldcup in England, where his record is equally dismissive. This hypocrite didnt speak up then cause his friend Inzimam was the chief selector, now he's out barking against Misbah. Jealousy knows no bounds

  17. #17
    Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    10,982
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Easy. He has only performed on slower wickets against spin or weaker pace. He will not survive in bouncy Australia against the likes of Starc, this is for sure.

    I don’t want Hafeez to stay either but at least he can perform decently against pace. If Misbah is really set on having a senior player present, Hafeez should be the only one there.
    It's a t20 tournament
    There won't be that bounce and the boundaries will be small

    Not sure why mohammed yousuf thinks itl be that different from the big bash
    Australia always have a completely different t20 set up with the likes of ferguson captaining


    "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    814
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    You have been called out for making stuff up many times and lieing. I guess it helps you sleep at night. When was I mad when these 3 rubbish players were dropped. Plus sarfraz was the captain in the whitewash against Sri Lanka.

    Find me where I was mad about it and I will leave PP. I have never supported rubbish players them. You are defending then now because your master picked them.

    You are going crazy after we won 2 test matches against Sri Lanka and Bangladesh and calling it we are back at dominating.
    Classic @Hawkeye. He will completely make things up to back up his random statements and when you challenge him on it, he doesn’t reply.

    It’s actually pretty insulting and annoying as it reduces your motivation to post on this forum when people like him make a statement, you spend time and effort replying and then they disappear onto a different thread and repeat.

    His points about Misbah are the same in every thread until you challenge him.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,802
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    Classic @Hawkeye. He will completely make things up to back up his random statements and when you challenge him on it, he doesn’t reply.

    It’s actually pretty insulting and annoying as it reduces your motivation to post on this forum when people like him make a statement, you spend time and effort replying and then they disappear onto a different thread and repeat.

    His points about Misbah are the same in every thread until you challenge him.
    As expected, when you don't have an answer then your whining starts.

    Stick to the topic. Sounding like a broken record.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    76,087
    Mentioned
    1849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    The way it's looking, both Hafeez and Malik will be picked for the T20 World Cup. It seems Misbah wants to play the safety-first card.



  21. #21
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    5,807
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoaib Malik averaged under 20 in:
    2012 World T20.
    2013 Champions Trophy.
    2014 World T20.
    2017 Champions Trophy.
    2019 World Cup.

    Hafeez averaged under 20 in 2013 Champions Trophy.
    Had a tournament strike rate under 100 in the 2012 and 2014 WT20.
    Only scored one half century in 8 innings at number 4 in the 2019 ICC ODI Cricket World Cup.

    There is no purpose in picking players who have been around for 20 odd years over the age of 38+ just for T20 internationals. T20 is for the youth mainly. Yes, West Indies might pick Gayle, India might pick Dhoni and South Africa might pick Steyn and Tahir just as T20 internationals players from now on. But they were genuinely world class players and proven performers on the world stage. And therefore it is different here. Malik and Hafeez are not in the same league in terms of skill or consistent performances in global tournaments over a period of time by any stretch of the imagination.

    You had to pass the World Cup Test first to be able to play the T20 World Cup at the age that Hafeez and Malik are. Both had a shambolic campaign in England last summer. There should be no way back after failing so epically on the world stage and a grand tour of England like they did at the ages they are. Yes, T20 is a different form of the game, but white ball cricket is white ball cricket. Generally the best players in T20 are also effective in 50 overs cricket. The two formats are more closer together than ever before. Skills are transferable. And generally the squads for T20 and ODIs are very similar.

    Name:  19.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  23.5 KB

    Better giving someone else international tournament experience who could play several ICC tournaments this decade rather than persisting with tried and tested flops in the last major white ball international tournament and in Malik's case for several ICC tournaments now.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    352
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    The way it's looking, both Hafeez and Malik will be picked for the T20 World Cup. It seems Misbah wants to play the safety-first card.
    What's safe about guaranteed failure?

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    814
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    As expected, when you don't have an answer then your whining starts.

    Stick to the topic. Sounding like a broken record.
    Why don’t you stick to the record and answer @Khan12 then? Oh yeah, that’s right, you are going to disappear because you made random claims again.

    If only you had the guts to actually answer.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    352
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoomCricket View Post
    Shoaib Malik averaged under 20 in:
    2012 World T20.
    2013 Champions Trophy.
    2014 World T20.
    2017 Champions Trophy.
    2019 World Cup.

    Hafeez averaged under 20 in 2013 Champions Trophy.
    Had a tournament strike rate under 100 in the 2012 and 2014 WT20.
    Only scored one half century in 8 innings at number 4 in the 2019 ICC ODI Cricket World Cup.

    There is no purpose in picking players who have been around for 20 odd years over the age of 38+ just for T20 internationals. T20 is for the youth mainly. Yes, West Indies might pick Gayle, India might pick Dhoni and South Africa might pick Steyn and Tahir just as T20 internationals players from now on. But they were genuinely world class players and proven performers on the world stage. And therefore it is different here. Malik and Hafeez are not in the same league in terms of skill or consistent performances in global tournaments over a period of time by any stretch of the imagination.

    You had to pass the World Cup Test first to be able to play the T20 World Cup at the age that Hafeez and Malik are. Both had a shambolic campaign in England last summer. There should be no way back after failing so epically on the world stage and a grand tour of England like they did at the ages they are. Yes, T20 is a different form of the game, but white ball cricket is white ball cricket. Generally the best players in T20 are also effective in 50 overs cricket. The two formats are more closer together than ever before. Skills are transferable. And generally the squads for T20 and ODIs are very similar.

    Name:  19.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  23.5 KB

    Better giving someone else international tournament experience who could play several ICC tournaments this decade rather than persisting with tried and tested flops in the last major white ball international tournament and in Malik's case for several ICC tournaments now.
    Very useful thread. But who cares about facts.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    814
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    The way it's looking, both Hafeez and Malik will be picked for the T20 World Cup. It seems Misbah wants to play the safety-first card.
    It seems dropping Malik and Hafeez from the Australia tour saved their careers. They would have failed for certain but instead they were kept at home for the difficult tour and then recalled for the easy matches at home.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    17,912
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    2 has been old players that have nothing to offer and have 10 years of undeserved selection.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    3,012
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unemployedgm View Post
    What's safe about guaranteed failure?
    The only safe thing with selecting Hafeez and Malik is you won’t get certain former players and TV ‘experts’ in Pakistan making a big fuss when/if Pakistan is knocked out early in the T20 World Cup about how Pakistani batting line up was missing the ‘experience’ of Hafeez and Malik.

    But amusing thing is if you play them and they fail which is the more likely scenario, the same former players and TV pundits will be saying these two players should not have been selected in the first place and Misbah should have shown courage and gone with youngsters Not that I would disagree with that but make up your mind guys, don’t do u-turns depending on the outcome.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    1,995
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hafeez and Malik will be part of the Pakistan setup for WT20 Tournament due to there "experience" Its downright disgusting how we are facilitating these two.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,802
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    Why don’t you stick to the record and answer @Khan12 then? Oh yeah, that’s right, you are going to disappear because you made random claims again.

    If only you had the guts to actually answer.
    Lol, because he's lying.

    You too were one of those mad at us losing the meaningless T20s. We were obviously going to lose them because Misbah dropped the likes of Malik.

    Your likes cannot comprehend that dropping so much experience means we'd end up losing meaningless T20s in the start.

    But no, there was an outrage - very few understood losing bilateral T20s is okay and #1 ranking is meaningless, which we achieved due to Malik/Sarfraz/Hafeez.

    Your kind is also the one that defends the meaningless #1 T20 ranking - which we achieved because of the seniors you're suddenly hating now, and didn't hate when it was the Mickey Arthur formula of winning T20s and getting to #1.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,355
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Lol, because he's lying.

    You too were one of those mad at us losing the meaningless T20s. We were obviously going to lose them because Misbah dropped the likes of Malik.

    Your likes cannot comprehend that dropping so much experience means we'd end up losing meaningless T20s in the start.

    But no, there was an outrage - very few understood losing bilateral T20s is okay and #1 ranking is meaningless, which we achieved due to Malik/Sarfraz/Hafeez.

    Your kind is also the one that defends the meaningless #1 T20 ranking - which we achieved because of the seniors you're suddenly hating now, and didn't hate when it was the Mickey Arthur formula of winning T20s and getting to #1.
    Prove how I am lying?

    Stop accusing of others lying because you are the one who makes up stuff and lies. The ball is in your park. Find me evidence where I was mad misbah dropping these 3 rubbish players.

    We all know you are defending them because of misbah.

    Let's use the same logic you are using we can forgive Mickey for the test series loss against Sri Lanka and New Zealand in UAE because he lost the likes of Misbah and younis retired. The likes of you cannot comprehend that retirement of so much experience means we end up losing few series at the start.

    Forget the Mickey formula @Abdullah719 has exposed you on that matter.

    What about the test series in Austrlia we were treated like minnows. At least under Mickey we weren't that dreadful or is that meaningless as well.

    Please don't run away as usual and reply. Find me where I supported these rubbish players because according to you I did.
    Last edited by The Viper; 4th April 2020 at 23:26.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    40,978
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Your likes cannot comprehend that dropping so much experience means we'd end up losing meaningless T20s in the start.
    But Pakistan's T20I squad for that series had around 550 matches combined in terms of T20I experience.

    Sri Lanka's squad barely had 200 T20Is worth of experience.

    Are you sure that lack of experience was the problem? Or was it simply because of poor players like Akmal and Shehzad? Tactics?


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    76,087
    Mentioned
    1849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    It seems dropping Malik and Hafeez from the Australia tour saved their careers. They would have failed for certain but instead they were kept at home for the difficult tour and then recalled for the easy matches at home.
    True.

    Misbah is known for a safety first policy. I can't see Misbah taking any risks at the T20 World Cup.



  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    3,012
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeymurBlake View Post
    Hafeez and Malik will be part of the Pakistan setup for WT20 Tournament due to there "experience" Its downright disgusting how we are facilitating these two.
    Add Sarfraz to the list, because he’s also going to make it to the team at the last minute due to “experience” - and somehow I think if Rizwan gets into some batting form and performs well near the tournament he’s even more likely to be dropped to accommodate the experienced Sarfraz, like what happened before the 50 over World Cup when he hit two 100s v Australia but still couldn’t make it.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    1,423
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, this is not even an issue yet as the Wt20 squad is far from bring finalized, not sure why MoYo is taking digs at this stage
    Second, poori duniya Malik or Hafeez ko khalaye toh it's ok, Misbah khalaye toh it's an issue. Why the double standards?
    Third, we lost the t20 matches to SRL D when Misbah's experiment failed by dropping these 2. The backlash he got from fans was and is unfair as he was trying to move forward but our fans want immediate results. So how can we blame him if he goes back to picking these 2? We didn't even give him a chance to move forward...

    With Misbah it's simple, he's damned if he does it and damned if he doesn't. I'm just glad this Misbah character doesn't let fan opinion dictate his vision and interfere in his work. Haters can talk smack all they want but his actions are louder than words and are there for all to see

  35. #35
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    17,912
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    We have a very decent bowling with Naseem, Afridi etc and if we can get the batting sorted we have a chance. But these 2 guys are just dreadful failures, 2 guys who have achieved next to nothing in 20 years of investment. Why are they even being discussed?

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    6,882
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    It seems dropping Malik and Hafeez from the Australia tour saved their careers. They would have failed for certain but instead they were kept at home for the difficult tour and then recalled for the easy matches at home.
    I knew it back then too, that's why they were dropped. So they could feast on substandard sides at home and then claim they're in good form. Shameless.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    6,882
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daytrader View Post
    First, this is not even an issue yet as the Wt20 squad is far from bring finalized, not sure why MoYo is taking digs at this stage
    Second, poori duniya Malik or Hafeez ko khalaye toh it's ok, Misbah khalaye toh it's an issue. Why the double standards?
    Third, we lost the t20 matches to SRL D when Misbah's experiment failed by dropping these 2. The backlash he got from fans was and is unfair as he was trying to move forward but our fans want immediate results. So how can we blame him if he goes back to picking these 2? We didn't even give him a chance to move forward...

    With Misbah it's simple, he's damned if he does it and damned if he doesn't. I'm just glad this Misbah character doesn't let fan opinion dictate his vision and interfere in his work. Haters can talk smack all they want but his actions are louder than words and are there for all to see
    Eh?

    Everyone used to criticise Malik and Hafeez when they used to be picked before too. On one hand you're saying Misbah will be resorted to picking them both after fan backlash and then you say you're glad he doesn't let fan opinion dictate his vision. Well which is it?

    Misbah fans are a parody.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    1,423
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    Eh?

    Everyone used to criticise Malik and Hafeez when they used to be picked before too. On one hand you're saying Misbah will be resorted to picking them both after fan backlash and then you say you're glad he doesn't let fan opinion dictate his vision. Well which is it?

    Misbah fans are a parody.
    No everyone didn't, where was MoYo when Hafeez and Malik were playing odi WC in England? Why didn't he speak up against his boy Inzi?

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    1,423
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    Eh?

    Everyone used to criticise Malik and Hafeez when they used to be picked before too. On one hand you're saying Misbah will be resorted to picking them both after fan backlash and then you say you're glad he doesn't let fan opinion dictate his vision. Well which is it?

    Misbah fans are a parody.
    So far he hasn't cared about fan opinion with his bold selections. Hopefully this will continue and he drops both for good even at the expense of immediate results

  40. #40
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    5,807
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daytrader View Post
    No everyone didn't, where was MoYo when Hafeez and Malik were playing odi WC in England? Why didn't he speak up against his boy Inzi?
    I watched a bit of his analysis during that tournament.

    He definitely had a go at Inzi for picking Malik.

    How could Inzi pick someone who averaged 13 from 24 ODIs in England etc.

    I definitely remember him saying something along those lines.


  41. #41
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    5,807
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar Azam had a major say in recalling Hafeez and Malik according to reports before the T20Is against Bangladesh in January. Worth keeping that in mind.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    6,882
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daytrader View Post
    So far he hasn't cared about fan opinion with his bold selections. Hopefully this will continue and he drops both for good even at the expense of immediate results
    Well considering both of them have contributed zilch to our results, as demonstrated by their averages above, so not sure what the expense of results would be.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    1,995
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    Add Sarfraz to the list, because he’s also going to make it to the team at the last minute due to “experience” - and somehow I think if Rizwan gets into some batting form and performs well near the tournament he’s even more likely to be dropped to accommodate the experienced Sarfraz, like what happened before the 50 over World Cup when he hit two 100s v Australia but still couldn’t make it.
    I would stick with Rizwan rather than Sarfaraz just because of his experience. Makes no sense with the team there thinking of going with. An early exit incoming.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    1,423
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    Well considering both of them have contributed zilch to our results, as demonstrated by their averages above, so not sure what the expense of results would be.
    They are minnow bashers. I think we wouldn't have lost to SRL D if they played

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    814
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Lol, because he's lying.

    You too were one of those mad at us losing the meaningless T20s. We were obviously going to lose them because Misbah dropped the likes of Malik.

    Your likes cannot comprehend that dropping so much experience means we'd end up losing meaningless T20s in the start.

    But no, there was an outrage - very few understood losing bilateral T20s is okay and #1 ranking is meaningless, which we achieved due to Malik/Sarfraz/Hafeez.

    Your kind is also the one that defends the meaningless #1 T20 ranking - which we achieved because of the seniors you're suddenly hating now, and didn't hate when it was the Mickey Arthur formula of winning T20s and getting to #1.
    Again, it is very easy to reply to your post point by point but you have shown a complete lack of respect by refusing to engage in logical debate. You simple make provocative and repetitive statements and then disappear onto another thread.

    Even you know that it makes no sense to recall Malik and Hafeez yet you’ve made up some random points which you copy paste into every thread and when posters like Abdullah and @Khan12 spend time refuting you, you simply disappear.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    7,127
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on you, Hawkeye!

    Really love your posts. Never knew such commitment to trolling.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    3,739
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    had a look at Pakistan's past t20 matches and how they reached number 1 status in t20.

    It looks well deserved to me but in saying that they did face a weaker Australian side without 2 of their main bowlers like cummins and starc. I don't care about warner and smith but from what I have seen pakistan deserved to win in u.a.e. back in 2017 18.

    Pakistam beat n.z at home and away however n.z were without boult, Henry and had some dude called rance played in that series.
    However they did win at home and away. So credit should be given where credit is due.

    They lost to England at home but won away vs a fairly strong English side without archer. That's about it.

    From what I have noticed, pakistan are strong in swing/seamimg conditons and on dead pitches in u.a.e.

    Weak in pattas and bouncy tracks.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    5,807
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyron_woodley View Post
    They lost to England at home but won away vs a fairly strong English side without archer. That's about it.
    Lost to England in 2019 away too.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    34,765
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is going to be exposed in the T20 format now that the other sides are going to take it seriously leading up to the T20 WC

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    3,739
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Pakistan is going to be exposed in the T20 format now that the other sides are going to take it seriously leading up to the T20 WC
    don't think so. They are good enough to make semis. From there it's about having 2 good games. One off games where any top team can win.

    Its all about matchups.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    516
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fully expect Hafeez and Malik to get picked and for them to completely embarrass themselves. Not that they or any of their fans will accept the blame for the embarrassment they will cause.
    The way the team looks likely to be set up, it's going to be basically Babar or bust for the batting and pray that the bowlers can perform miracles.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    28,173
    Mentioned
    4700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    It's T20 and if there's' a format where perhaps they can fluke some performances this would be it, assuming both idiots are performing well; I still struggle to justify the argument of their including given their age and the year they made their debut, you ought to invest in the future even if it means big losses in the short term. But if this tournament is guaranteed to ensure we see the last of the biggest bare bums known to man then it's fine I guess, India learned the hard way with Yuvraj Singh didn't they and these two mortons are not 1/4 of the player he was even when he was past it


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  53. #53
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    5,807
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,802
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    Again, it is very easy to reply to your post point by point but you have shown a complete lack of respect by refusing to engage in logical debate. You simple make provocative and repetitive statements and then disappear onto another thread.

    Even you know that it makes no sense to recall Malik and Hafeez yet you’ve made up some random points which you copy paste into every thread and when posters like Abdullah and @Khan12 spend time refuting you, you simply disappear.
    You were not against Mickey's strategy of playing Sarfraz, Malik and Hafeez back then.

    You were visibly upset at us losing the T20s. That happened because Sarfraz, Malik and Hafeez were dropped. You did not understand that losing is OK when such massive changes are suddenly made. Like @Khan12

    You keep boasting the fake #1 T20 ranking, which we achieved due to Sarfraz, Malik, Hafeez. Like @Khan12

    So, don't play the hypocrite now. If Misbah selects these 3, he'll just be following the #1 ranking strategy which you two were proud of.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    34,765
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If the World T-20 WC is postponed to 2022, will the PCB still keep Hafeez and Malik in their plans till 2022? The deal apparently was these players will get to play that tournament as their farewell.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,355
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    You were not against Mickey's strategy of playing Sarfraz, Malik and Hafeez back then.

    You were visibly upset at us losing the T20s. That happened because Sarfraz, Malik and Hafeez were dropped. You did not understand that losing is OK when such massive changes are suddenly made. Like @Khan12

    You keep boasting the fake #1 T20 ranking, which we achieved due to Sarfraz, Malik, Hafeez. Like @Khan12

    So, don't play the hypocrite now. If Misbah selects these 3, he'll just be following the #1 ranking strategy which you two were proud of.
    Running away again why don't you reply to my post? Is it because you was called out for laying again. I don't know why you mentioned me here.

    Be a man enough to reply with an answer to my post or don't make up stuff for which you will be shamed all the time. You can worship misbah but don't let that muddle your sense. Don't lie kid.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    814
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    You were not against Mickey's strategy of playing Sarfraz, Malik and Hafeez back then.

    You were visibly upset at us losing the T20s. That happened because Sarfraz, Malik and Hafeez were dropped. You did not understand that losing is OK when such massive changes are suddenly made. Like @Khan12

    You keep boasting the fake #1 T20 ranking, which we achieved due to Sarfraz, Malik, Hafeez. Like @Khan12

    So, don't play the hypocrite now. If Misbah selects these 3, he'll just be following the #1 ranking strategy which you two were proud of.
    Okay once again, let me try and answer. If you have an ounce of respect, try and answer this post properly please and show everyone that you’re not just being a troll.

    Sarfraz played and captained all 3 T20s against SL. So how could the losses have been because he was dropped?

    If Misbah wanted to make ‘massive changes’ why did he select Shehzad and Umar? Then drop them after 2 matches? And then why did he not select the experience / ‘match winning’ ability for the thought Australia tour? Why were they suddenly needed again for the hour tour against Bangladesh?

    Also, show me where I was ‘boasting the number 1 ranking’. You continue to make these claims.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    5,807
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    If the World T-20 WC is postponed to 2022, will the PCB still keep Hafeez and Malik in their plans till 2022? The deal apparently was these players will get to play that tournament as their farewell.
    It is well known that there is a T20WC in 2021 as well as 2020.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    The Invincible Fort
    Runs
    17,668
    Mentioned
    1129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Hafeez btw is needed for World T20. Don't have a replacement for him.
    Not if you play

    Babar
    Zeeshan
    Haider
    Malik
    Ifti
    Khush
    Imad
    Shadab
    Wahab
    Shaheen
    Amir/Naseem


    Full credit to Micky Arthur for realizing Babar Azam was born to bat at 3 in all formats.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    814
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    Okay once again, let me try and answer. If you have an ounce of respect, try and answer this post properly please and show everyone that you’re not just being a troll.

    Sarfraz played and captained all 3 T20s against SL. So how could the losses have been because he was dropped?

    If Misbah wanted to make ‘massive changes’ why did he select Shehzad and Umar? Then drop them after 2 matches? And then why did he not select the experience / ‘match winning’ ability for the thought Australia tour? Why were they suddenly needed again for the hour tour against Bangladesh?

    Also, show me where I was ‘boasting the number 1 ranking’. You continue to make these claims.
    @Hawkeye So, once again, you initiate a discussion and then refuse to reply. This shows exactly why you aren't taken seriously on this forum and everyone knows you are trolling.
    @Khan12 don't expect him to reply to your posts. As I predicted, he just moves to another thread when he has been embarrassed.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •