Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Probe reports on wheat, sugar crises made public: Jahangir Tareen, Monis Elahi amongst beneficiaries

Probe reports on wheat, sugar crises made public; PM directs forensic analysis on sugar

ISLAMABAD, Apr 4 (APP):The reports of the inquiry committees tasked to probe sugar and wheat crises in the country have been made public while the prime minister has directed forensic analysis to further expand findings on the subject of sugar.

The prime minister had constituted two high-powered committees under Director General Federal Investigation Agency and comprising a senior officer of Intelligence Bureau and DG Anti Corruption Establishment Punjab to investigate the causes behind the crises and price hike of the said commodities.

After the formation of the said committees, the prime minister had repeatedly resolved to expose and penalize those found responsible for the sugar and wheat crises to avoid the recurrence of such acts.

On submission of Inquiry reports from both the committees, certain additional questions were also referred to the bodies seeking further clarifications.

The committees had furnished separate main and supplementary reports to address the further queries raised by the Prime Minister House.

The committee on wheat crisis comprised DG FIA Wajid Zia, Deputy DG IB Mubarak Zeb and DG Anti Corruption Punjab Muhammad Gohar Nafees.
    The committee on the subject of sugar consisted of DG FIA Wajid Zia, Deputy DG IB Ahmad Kamal and DG Anti Corruption Establishment Punjab Muhammad Goher Nafees.

The committees had held series of meetings with all the stakeholders including the federal ministries, Federal Board of Revenue, mills associations and relevant provincial departments.

In pursuance of Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf and Prime Minister Imran khan’s firm belief on transparency and accountability as basic ingredients of democracy and good governance, the prime minister decided to make both the reports and additional answers public.

However, in continuation of probe being carried out by the inquiry committee on sugar prices, the federal government through a cabinet decision expanded the scope of said body to an Inquiry Commission by conferring powers given under The Pakistan Commissions of Inquiry Act 2017.

The commission is further carrying out forensic analysis to expand on the findings of the inquiry committee. The commission is due to complete its task on 25th April, 2020.

After the commission finalizes its report, its findings will also be made public and any corrective and/or punitive measures required or recommended will be taken by the federal government under the leadership of Prime Minister Imran Khan.

https://www.app.com.pk/probe-reports...ysis-on-sugar/

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    IK has delivered. This could cost him dearly politically as JT, Ch Brothers, Omni group, Sharif group etc. IA IK survives but this is a direct attack on the mafia.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: PTI leader Jahangir Tareen and federal minister Khusro Bakhtiar's brother, along with other political entities, benefitted from the sugar crisis in the country, said the Federal Investigation Agency's (FIA) report on Saturday.

Tareen benefitted the most from the sugar crisis followed by Bakhtiar's brother, as per the report. It was further mentioned that Moonis Elahi's companies profited from the sugar crisis as well. Elahi is Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi's son and a key member of the PML-Q.

The document failed to mention why the Economic Coordination Council (ECC) approved the decision to export sugar and under whose influence Punjab government issue subsidies to sugar mills.

Federal Minister for Planning, Development and Special Initiatives Asad Umar expressed hope that Prime Minister Imran Khan will do justice come what may.

Former PTI general secretary Jahangir Tareen said that out of the Rs3bn subsidy, Rs2.5bn were issued to sugar mill owners when the PML-N was in power.

Federal and provincial governments' lack of planning led to wheat crisis

The prime minister was also sent the investigation report on the wheat crisis, compiled by a three-member bench headed by Wajid Zia. As per the report, the crisis originated due to poor planning by the centre and provincial governments.

The report states that the Punjab Food Department was unable to control flour mills and started collecting wheat after a delay of 20-22 days.

It further mentioned that the food department failed to come up with a process for the demand and supply of the product. The report claimed that did not take decisions as the situation evolved.

Former food secretary Naseem Sadiq and ex-food director Zafar Iqbal were blamed for the wheat crisis. The investigation concluded that the Provincial Minister of Punjab for Food Samiullah Chaudhry did not take decisions according to the situation.

The report said that the Sindh government did not take any decision on the summary for procuring wheat. It said that the responsibility of buying wheat in low stock cannot be placed on any single person.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Food Secretary Akbar Khan and Food Director Sadaat Khan have been held responsible for not procuring wheat in accordance with the government's target.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/280995-jah...sis-fia-report

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    now we will have to wait and see for nab's risponce
    Last edited by Kingpin786; 4th April 2020 at 22:37.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin786 View Post
    now we will have to wait and see for nab's risponce
    NAB are corrupt and don't prosecute anyone.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not surprised to see Mohsin Elahi's name. He belongs to to the family of Chahudry bradran and their corrupt nature and mafia activities aren't any secrets. It's a shame that in 2015 PTI decided to give them the opportunity to regain their lost power and influence.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    IK has delivered. This could cost him dearly politically as JT, Ch Brothers, Omni group, Sharif group etc. IA IK survives but this is a direct attack on the mafia.
    The biggest 3 culprits (Jahangir Tareen, Khusro Bakhtiar and Chaudhry Monas Elahi) are close to Imran Khan and part of his government.

I would accept IK has delivered if he kicks them out from government, publicly shamed them and registered strong and fool proof cases against them. Until then IK will be considered part of sugar mafia.
    Last edited by srh; 5th April 2020 at 02:08.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    The biggest 3 culprits (Jahangir Tareen, Khusro Bakhtiar and Chaudhry Monas Elahi) are close to Imran Khan and part of his government.

I would accept IK has delivered if he kicks them out from government, publicly shamed them and registered strong and fool proof cases against them. Until then IK will be considered part of sugar mafia.
    IK has taken the biggest risk of his career, these guys have the resources to bring him down. But he has done the right thing and released the report. I am proud of the Kaptaan.
    Listen you will never accept anything he does, and it doesnt matter what you think your niyaat is not clean. Stick to the Sharifs.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    IK has taken the biggest risk of his career, these guys have the resources to bring him down. But he has done the right thing and released the report. I am proud of the Kaptaan.
    Listen you will never accept anything he does, and it doesnt matter what you think your niyaat is not clean. Stick to the Sharifs.
    I appreciate Imran Khan asking the famed Wajid Zia to investigate this matter. That was a brave decision. I am pretty sure that the mafia near Imran Khan must have pressured Wajid Zia not to name them but salute to Wajid Zia for being brave and publish the names. Wajid Zia has make this nation proud 2nd time after he bring Sharif family's corruption into light.

Having said that I just hope Wajid Zia efforts are not wasted again as they were wasted in Sharif family's case. Imran Khan failed to stick to his promise of getting back looted money from Sharif family and punish them. Instead he took a uturn on this matter. As a result Nawaz Sharif left Pakistan, Sharif family did not return any money, in UK Nawaz Sharif is staying in the same houses which were reported by Wajid Zia to be bought from looted money . Imran Khan's approach has resulted in PML-N making propaganda that the whole case was fake and they were the victim. People were second guessing Wajid Zia.

I just hope this time Imran Khan sticks to his promise this time of giving punishment to sugar mafia. No more uturns.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate Imran Khan asking the famed Wajid Zia to investigate this matter. That was a brave decision. I am pretty sure that the mafia near Imran Khan must have pressured Wajid Zia not to name them but salute to Wajid Zia for being brave and publish the names. Wajid Zia has make this nation proud 2nd time after he bring Sharif family's corruption into light.

Having said that I just hope Wajid Zia efforts are not wasted again as they were wasted in Sharif family's case. Imran Khan failed to stick to his promise of getting back looted money from Sharif family and punish them. Instead he took a uturn on this matter. As a result Nawaz Sharif left Pakistan, Sharif family did not return any money, in UK Nawaz Sharif is staying in the same houses which were reported by Wajid Zia to be bought from looted money . Imran Khan's approach has resulted in PML-N making propaganda that the whole case was fake and they were the victim. People were second guessing Wajid Zia.

I just hope this time Imran Khan sticks to his promise this time of giving punishment to sugar mafia. No more uturns.
    Imran Khan CANT control our Judiciary system. Whatever happened in Sharif's case is up to our judicial system. It's not IK fault if our Judges order to let them go.

In current case, once again IK proved he prefers honesty and transparency and he is the one who ordered Wajid Zia to public all the reports, even though he knew his friends names are on the list. He could have easily withdrawn the report, or hid it. But he didn't. So Salute to our PM as well that he didn't care about his friends and he delivered what he promised i.e exposing the mafia.

JKT, Elahi, Shareef and Omni group all are involved in this scandal. PM has done it's part and now its up to our judicial system. And i really really hope that these all scumbags may get harsh punishment.

Well done to IK.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

IK cannot jail them. Who controls the IHC and LHC? Every crook gets bail from these and why don't you write a letter to the IHC, why they asked NSs life to be guaranteed. I am proud of IK, and you know and that this means your wish is granted and his govt will fall. The mafia will not let this pass.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermoine Green View Post
    Imran Khan CANT control our Judiciary system. Whatever happened in Sharif's case is up to our judicial system. It's not IK fault if our Judges order to let them go.

In current case, once again IK proved he prefers honesty and transparency and he is the one who ordered Wajid Zia to public all the reports, even though he knew his friends names are on the list. He could have easily withdrawn the report, or hid it. But he didn't. So Salute to our PM as well that he didn't care about his friends and he delivered what he promised i.e exposing the mafia.

JKT, Elahi, Shareef and Omni group all are involved in this scandal. PM has done it's part and now its up to our judicial system. And i really really hope that these all scumbags may get harsh punishment.

Well done to IK.
    I think the mafia will win and you watch the govt will fall this year. But the Kaptaan has done us proud.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reports on Sugar, Wheat hoarding out - Tareen, Khusro, Monis, Sharif, Zardari found corrupt

The cat is out of the bag. I tip my hat to PM Khan for doing this. The reports are out and have been made public. They can be accessed below:

https://www.demp.gov.pk/reports/

For Sugar:

The reports clearly put the burden of blame on Jahangir Tareen, Khusro Bakhtiar, Monis Elahi, and Zardar's omni group.

Credible journalists like Khanzada, Kahsif Abbasi (the only two in Pakistan imo) were screaming from the top of their lungs of Khan having corrupt snakes in his party and now this is fully exposed.

For Wheat:

I didnt go in detail but i have heard Salman's Shahbaz's name. Will go so later as well.

Now what this means is all the "youthiyasz", "jiyalas" and "nooras" are in the same boat. The parties they are loyal to blindly are caught red handedly. The parties whose trumphets they blow all the time are out in open, exposed.

Khan even though is quick to put people behind bars such as his political opponents without any forensic audit but he has said that he will take strict action when the report comes.

Now, lets hope these are not empty promises and we hope to see these corrupt people behind bars. If Khan manages to do it, his credibility amongst the masses will rise highly again.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you guys think? Will Khan put his alleged ATM and partners like Elahi behind bars? Easy to put Zardari and Sharifs in bars. But real test is cleaning the mess from his own party.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2004 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Would you have expected any previous government to even release a report like this which implicates some of their own people? This is a massive step by IK and I hope he goes against all involved specially the Sharifs and Zardaris.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    What do you guys think? Will Khan put his alleged ATM and partners like Elahi behind bars? Easy to put Zardari and Sharifs in bars. But real test is cleaning the mess from his own party.
    Putting some on jail, or out of the jail is COURTS work, not Khan

Case will be handled by NAB i think, and then see what Court will do. I sincerely hope all the culprits may get extremely strict punishment. Btw, there is already a thread on it.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the mafia will win and you watch the govt will fall this year. But the Kaptaan has done us proud.
    Mafia will win obviously, JKT, Elahi, Sharif and Zardaris. All mafia combine in one can even beat Sherlock Holmes.

Pretty sure nothing can harm PM Khan or his government. You will see, govt will not fall inshAllah.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Would you have expected any previous government to even release a report like this which implicates some of their own people? This is a massive step by IK and I hope he goes against all involved specially the Sharifs and Zardaris.
    Not in billion years jani. And guess what? Our Showbaz is tweeting against JKT and Elahi e.t.c but conveniently ignoring Sharifs and Zardaris names in the same case.

Also, the same Zia who came up with Panama leaks investigation has been hailed by Nooras. So which means, indirectly they are accepting that Panama Leaks investigations were true and indeed all were culprit lol

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Wajid Zia's FIA report on JKT, Khuhsro, Monis Elahi is true but not true about the Sharif family.

Like....What the hell man

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Mafia will win obviously, JKT, Elahi, Sharif and Zardaris. All mafia combine in one can even beat Sherlock Holmes.

Pretty sure nothing can harm PM Khan or his government. You will see, govt will not fall inshAllah.
    The mafia have very long tentacles and resources and will win. Kaptaan can't win and I fear that his govt will fall. Come what may, he has done the right thing and that's what changes countries fortunes.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Nooras were celebrating, then realised that it showed up all the mafia. The mafia cannot be defeated and sadly, they will get revenge on the Kaptaan but I, for one is very proud of this step.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Wajid Zia's FIA report on JKT, Khuhsro, Monis Elahi is true but not true about the Sharif family.

Like....What the hell man
    Wajid Zia was threatened by the Nooras in the Panama scandal, he is the hero of the hour because his report exposed possible corruption by JT and Khusro but he is a liar for exposing the Sharifs. These haraamis will never change

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2004 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nooras were celebrating, then realised that it showed up all the mafia. The mafia cannot be defeated and sadly, they will get revenge on the Kaptaan but I, for one is very proud of this step.
    Its like when they claimed victory when SC called them godfather and Sicilian mafia. LOL

We need to release reports in Urdu otherwise these Nooras have a habit of celebrating too early

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its like when they claimed victory when SC called them godfather and Sicilian mafia. LOL

We need to release reports in Urdu otherwise these Nooras have a habit of celebrating too early
    Damage has been done already

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mafia have very long tentacles and resources and will win. Kaptaan can't win and I fear that his govt will fall. Come what may, he has done the right thing and that's what changes countries fortunes.
    Khan still have a sincere team with him (not all, but some). No one can drag him down and inshAllah you'll see.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why especially against Sharif and Zardaris? Why not all especially the ones that sit right next to him?

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Yeah right, noose should be tight around all these corrupt elements. Is salman in Pakistan or in UK?

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khan still have a sincere team with him (not all, but some). No one can drag him down and inshAllah you'll see.
    Dude if he pulls it off, i would feel that my vote for him has been vindicated.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah right, noose should be tight around all these corrupt elements. Is salman in Pakistan or in UK?
    Absconder.

PM did what he could. And that was transparent investigation and naming all the culprits who ever they are.

Now i think NAB will take over the case, and hearing in courts To be very very frank, this includes all type of mafias in ONE, JKT Elahis Sharifs Zardaris so i am afraid, Court won't jail or punish any of them and they all will be free, and as usual blame will be pin in PM.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was rightly said about the likes of Tareen - paisa laga tou rahay hain leken badh mein 10 gunnah wapis lei gein.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absconder.

PM did what he could. And that was transparent investigation and naming all the culprits who ever they are.

Now i think NAB will take over the case, and hearing in courts To be very very frank, this includes all type of mafias in ONE, JKT Elahis Sharifs Zardaris so i am afraid, Court won't jail or punish any of them and they all will be free, and as usual blame will be pin in PM.
    NAB is incompetent. Why cant FIA do it? Wajid is from FIA.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    it's interesting that NAB couldn't see this. Opposition might be right in saying NAB targets opposition only.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always hated the Tareen family tbh. Sharifs and Zardaris are known for corruption but these snakes always had the garb of innocence over them, i was shocked at people celebrating tareen's private jets and horse trading in 2017 when it was blatant that its from corrupt money. The same reason i dont like his insufferable son, who is only there due to daddy's ill acquired cash.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if anything it exposes the sham that is democracy.

elect party A,B or C it doesnt matter. all are crooks.

voting is an mcq with no right answer.
    only way forwad is not to vote. Pakistan is still waiting for a revolution like the one in France, casting Maryam Nawaz as Marie Antoinette.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    it's interesting that NAB couldn't see this. Opposition might be right in saying NAB targets opposition only.
    NAB chairman is corrupt. I want all those named to be prosecuted.. I want IK to jail the corrupt budha and make NAB a proper anti corruption body.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    NAB chairman is corrupt. I want all those named to be prosecuted.. I want IK to jail the corrupt budha and make NAB a proper anti corruption body.
    But you always back the Sharifs. Nooras play these silly double games where they think other people as stupid as them.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Dude if he pulls it off, i would feel that my vote for him has been vindicated.
    Nooras are cursed, they can never see good. Its interesting that Nooras are celebrating today, because they know this will bring his govt down. As I said earlier, the Kaptaan has delivered, let's hope NAB do their job.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The absconder

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    With such a small majority, unfortunately it's only a matter of time.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

The Nooras are part of the mafia, they will use their friends to bring him down.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said earlier, the Kaptaan has delivered, let's hope NAB do their job.
    Kaptaan hasnt delievered completely yet, he has still put it on "forensic audit". Not sure if such audits were conducted for his political opponents. Khair, 24th April it is. Lets see. Hoping for the best.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2004 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Kaptaan hasnt delievered completely yet, he has still put it on "forensic audit". Not sure if such audits were conducted for his political opponents. Khair, 24th April it is. Lets see. Hoping for the best.
    You do realize that the biggest beneficiary named in the reports are his opponents? Perhaps you should wait for the Urdu version of the report as well to gain a better understanding of it.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    So you want to him to rig the results of the audit to please you. The audit will be done, it will be published. Then NAB needs to take it on. If you guys want NAB to be replaced by another competent body then I am with you but you don't want that because there would be nobody left in the PML or the PPP.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2004 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There is IK and then there was this duffer:

For those who can't read Urdu: "Buhat corruption hai tehqeeqat mein parh gaye tu kaam kaun karay ga" - Nawaz Sharif.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Shehbaz Sharif demands action against wheat, sugar profiteers based on probe's findings

Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly Shehbaz Sharif has demanded that action be taken against those who profited from the sugar and wheat crisis, based on the findings contained in a report made public by the probe committee.

He said that the report contains some "serious revelations" which need to be probed further.

"This report is a charge sheet against Prime Minister Imran Khan and Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar," he said.

Sharif said that the coming days will reveal what punishment the prime minister — who is also the chairman of the Economic Coordination Committee — will decide for himself and his chief minister "over such a massive scale of corruption and nepotism".

Meanwhile, the government's chief spokesperson, Firdous Ashiq Awan, in a media briefing in Sialkot, said that Sharif need not act all high and mighty over the report.

"This report has also mentioned a Rs1.4 billion subsidy given to Suleman Shehbaz," she said, referring to Shehbaz Sharif's son.

She said that the current government had provided Rs3bn in subsidies whereas the past government had provided subsidies worth Rs22bn.

"Let's see when Shehbaz Sharif calls his dutiful son over from London for punishment."

Suleman, in his defence, has claimed that the Rs1.4bn figure "is a lie concocted by Imran Khan and his cronies".

He has shared a screenshot of year-on-year allocation of subsidy to sugar exports, showing a little over Rs330 million in subsidy from 2014-2018 and no subsidy for 2018-19.

Report's broad findings
    An inquiry committee constituted by Prime Minister Imran Khan to investigate the sugar and wheat crisis has held the federal and Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa governments responsible.

The report by the three-member committee has named, among other prominent figures, top PTI members.

According to the report, which surfaced yesterday, Jahangir Khan Tareen (JKT), Makhdoom Omer Shehryar Khan (brother of Khusro Bakhtiar) and his partners Chaudhry Munir and Chaudhry Moonis Elahi are the major beneficiaries of sugar export subsidy and price hike.

The committee has revealed that maximum benefit of export was drawn by JDW Group (Jahangir Khan Tareen) by availing itself of 22% of total subsidy of Rs561 million.

Similarly, second highest beneficiary was the RYK Group run by Makhdoom Omer Shehryar Khan availing itself of 18% of subsidy of Rs452 million. The Group owners also include Chaudhry Munir and Moonis Elahi. The third highest was Shamim Ahmed Khan (Al Moiz Group) availing itself of 16% of subsidy of Rs406 million.

The committee in its findings has also included data on subsidy given for the last 5 years to the tune of around Rs25 billion, 3 billion out of which was given the previous year.

According to the consolidated data, RYK Group has been the largest beneficiary with total subsidy of 4 billion, JDW with over Rs3 billion, Hunza Group with Rs2.8 billion, Fatima Group with 2.3 billion, Sharif Group with Rs1.4 billion and Omni with Rs901 million.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/281097-she...demands-inquir

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wrong timing for this report to be public.
    We have bigger issue to tackle right now.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanisgreat View Post
    wrong timing for this report to be public.
    We have bigger issue to tackle right now.
    People who make a big deal of it now will be looked at as idiots

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    People who make a big deal of it now will be looked at as idiots
    I think those are more stupid who reveal this report at this time.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Can you tell us about NAB prosecutions, NAB is part of the mafia

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you tell us about NAB prosecutions, NAB is part of the mafia
    so how that justify NAB is arresting all the NL politicians?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanisgreat View Post
    so how that justify NAB is arresting all the NL politicians?
    To give them a clean chit. It's a laundry to clean their scams using the concept of time bar. Not a single one of those prosecuted, when the scams are real but no one gets prosecuted

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So now NAB is all of a sudden part of the mafia?

Just great.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    KARACHI: Pakistan Sugar Mills Association (PSMA) Chairman Aslam Faruque has said that the sugar mills are being operated under the Cane Act and the provincial governments decide the prices of cane, not caring for the cost of sugar and the end price, while the federal government only imposes sales tax on products, The News reported on Monday.

While talking to Shahzad Iqbal in Naya Pakistan, the PSMA chairman claimed that the association always suggested that the government decrease the cane prices to control sugar prices, but the provincial governments asserted that it was not their prerogative, as the federal government was responsible for the cost of sugar.

He said in such a situation, the sugar mills owners had no option when the government asked the mills to produce excessive sugar. "Power and textile sectors were subsidised but the sugar mills were given only a Rs3 billion subsidy, while the sugar industry paid Rs300 billion annually for the payment of cane," he said.

'If politicians had influence, prices would be lower'

He said that the cane prices were decided by political governments, and if politicians had any influence over pricing, the cane prices would be much lower. The chairman added that the Punjab government had decided the cost of production of sugar was Rs63.72 when the cane price was Rs180 per tonne, while the sugar price was Rs55, adding that the Punjab government had set sugar prices at Rs70 per kg.

He noted that in January 2017, the retail price of sugar was Rs64.80 but after the bumper crops of cane, the prices decreased as much as Rs50 per kg. Aslam Faruque said the sugar mills had excessive sugar of more than two million tonnes, and asked the government to export it, but were not allowed, a move that delayed payments to cane growers.

He said that the Punjab government had written a letter to the federal government on April 15, 2019, requesting a ban on sugar export, while in a sugar advisory board meeting, the mills owners were told that only 22 paisas was increased in sugar prices during the period of January 2017 to April 2019, adding that in January 2017, the sugar prices declined from Rs64 to Rs50, but soon recovered.

'Sindh has advantage in export of sugar'

The chairman said if the prices would have not recovered, the sugar mills would have gone bankrupt. He added the cost of production of sugar had increased during the past years, as the US dollar prices also increased, and the government had wisely decided to export sugar in October 2018.

Aslam Faruque said the government reviewed all the data, then decided to announce a subsidy for the sugar industry, but after the 18th Amendment, the federal government said it had no money to give any more subsidy to industries.

The chairman said that if the mills produced 15 per cent sugar, then they could export 10 per cent of it. He added that the mills in Sindh had an advantage in exporting sugar.

Separately, while welcoming the release of the inquiry committee report on sugar by the federal government, PSMA Chairman Aslam Faruque said an open, fair and facts based discussion was exactly what the sugar industry wanted and that could not happen as long as the findings had not been disclosed.

"However, it was unfortunate that the minutes of the report were made public, media blew up the whole affair in the hunt for sensationalism. Rather than focusing on personalities and always looking to play the blame game, study the report with good intentions and for the benefit of the whole country," he said.

“It is clear that the committee has done a lot of hard work in a short span of time but they are dealing with issues that are very complex and often older than our country itself. They simply cannot be understood in a matter of weeks,” Faruque claimed.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/281195-sug...-aslam-faruque

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: Two main opposition parties – the PML-N and the PPP – have demanded immediate action against the influential people nominated in a report about sugar and wheat flour crises submitted to the prime minister by the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) on Saturday.

Commenting on it on Sunday, PML-N president Shahbaz Sharif said the FIA report contained “serious disclosures” warranting government action against those mentioned in it as beneficiaries of the crises.

He says the report is in fact a charge-sheet against Prime Minister Imran Khan and Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar.

“Let’s see what penalty the prime minister, who is also chairman of the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC), takes against himself and his Chief Minister Mr Buzdar over this large-scale corruption and nepotism?” says Mr Sharif, who is also the opposition leader in the National Assembly.

Referring to his homecoming after four-month stay in London, he says that he has returned only to join the masses for waging a war on coronavirus. He says he had intended, while coming to Pakistan, to serve the people rising above politics and personal liking and disliking, but has to speak on the FIA reports because “these are serious disclosures warranting immediate action by the government.”

Punjab PPP president Qamar Zaman Kaira says the FIA report has shaken the foundations of the government as Jahangir Tareen, Khusro Bakhtiyar and Q-League leadership, all of them nominated in the report as beneficiaries of the financial scandal, had major role in the making of the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf-led government in the country.

He argues that there is no need for forensic audit of the report when Mr Tareen has confirmed that he has received the subsidy.

Mr Kaira says the decision to offer subsidy on sugar export was taken by the cabinet and thus the whole government was involved in this ‘fraud’ and the prime minister should admit failure of his administration in checking the ‘corruption’ and send behind the bars those held responsible for the wrongdoing.

PPP secretary general Chaudhry Manzoor says as the report has exposed the economic crime of the ‘bogus’ government, those found involved in the scam must immediately resign.

PPP Parliamentary Leader in Punjab Assembly Syed Hassan Murtaza has chided the prime minister for delaying action on the FIA reports until their forensic audit.

Asking in which case involving the opposition leaders, the government agencies had waited for results of forensic audit, he says the PM’s statement is tantamount to “backing the criminals”.

“We have been stating that the clues to flour and sugar thieves lead to Banigala. Now [PM Imran Khan] Niazi is attempting to protect his financial facilitators under the garb of forensic audit.”

Referring to Asif Ali Zardari’s arrest by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) for investigations into alleged money laundering charges against him, Murtaza says if a former head of state can be taken into custody even before a formal charge-sheet filed by any investigation agency, then why can’t Jehangir Tareen, who has been nominated in the FIA report as a major beneficiary of the sugar export scam, be arrested.

He lamented that former opposition leader Syed Khursheed Shah was detained without a formal probe into his alleged corruption, whereas Federal National Food Security and Research Minister Khusro Bakhtiyar was roaming freely despite his industrial group was also found involved in the subsidy scam.

Mr Murtaza also criticised the NAB for adopting a “dual policy” vis-à-vis government and opposition. He demanded NAB to being its investigations from the prime minister who, he said, had been inviting Mr Tareen to official meetings and was thus the main accused in the financial scandal.

Meanwhile, Punjab PML-N information secretary Ms Azma Bukhari criticised the prime minister for lauding Buzdar government during his visit to Lahore this weekend.

She sarcastically asked if this appreciation was for the government’s failure to provide personal protection equipment (PPE) to the medical staff taking care of coronavirus patients and shortage of ventilators.

She said the prime minister had better announced supply at least 1,000 ventilators and 100,000 PPEs to the hospitals during his visit.

Asserting that Imran Khan has lost the moral ground to rule the country after the FIA report, she demanded the prime minister quit his office to ensure a fair and impartial probe into his involvement in the sugar scam.Welcoming the FIA report, Jamaat-I-Islami emir Sirajul Haq has demanded indiscriminate and stern action against all those who had minted money in the scam.

In a statement, he said the loot and plunder in the country could not be controlled without true and across-the-board accountability.

He said he had been saying repeatedly that some people close to the government were behind the serious shortage and high prices of sugar and wheat in the country.

Sirajul Haq said the capitalists and feudal lords who had unlawfully benefitted due to the crisis in the name of subsidy should be brought to book, the huge amounts earned by them be recovered from them and distributed among the deserving people.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1546800/fi...ainst-nominees

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    So now NAB is all of a sudden part of the mafia?

Just great.
    Yes and always has been. Name me one high profile successful prosecution by these crooks.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes and always has been. Name me one high profile successful prosecution by these crooks.
    Wasnt it being hailed for jailing Nawaz, Zardari weghara?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    By whom, the chairman of NAB was appointed by these 2. Can you tell please tell me any prosecutions by NAB. NS and AZ were caught by JITs setup by the SC.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    victim mentality at display.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jahangir Tareen ‘removed as agriculture task force chief

Prime Minister Imran Khan’s close aide and the ruling PTI’s former secretary general Jahangir Khan Tareen has been “removed” as chairman of task force on agriculture after he was named in a high-profile inquiry report of sugar crisis as one of the main beneficiary.

“Mr Jahangir Khan Tareen has been removed as Chair of Task Force on Agriculture in light of findings of Sugar and Wheat Inquiry Report,” PTI leader Shahbaz Gill confirmed on his official Twitter handle on Monday.

He also hinted that further action would be taken against those found guilty for the wheat and sugar crisis.
    However, Tareen has rejected the reports of his removal, saying he was never the chairman of any task force.

“Hello hello, News bring reported that I have been “removed” as C’man Agri Task Force ….I was never chairman of any task force. Can anyone show me a notification with me as C’man ?? Pl get your facts right people,” he said in a tweet from his official handle.

“The sugar inquiry commission has been actively engaging with about 10 mills, including 3 of mine. We are sharing all records asked for. We have given free access even to our server. Nothing has been seized as we are fulfilling all requests We have nothing to hide,” he also said in a follow-up tweet.

The development comes a day after PM Imran pledged not to spare those found guilty of creating and profiteering off the sugar and wheat crises once he received the detailed forensic reports of an FIA-led commission’s preliminary findings on April 25.

The high-powered inquiry body in its 32-page report last week termed the PTI government’s decision to allow the export of sugar unjustified as it had caused a 30% increase in its price.

Opinion in PTI divided on sugar crisis report

The committee report had revealed that Tareen, the PTI stalwart, and then Federal Minister for National Food Security Makhdoom Khusro Bakhtiar were among the main beneficiaries.

Both went away with Rs1.03 billion subsidy on the export of sugar, paid out from the taxpayers money, which was equal to 41% of the total subsidy the government of Punjab paid to sugar barons, according to the report.

Khan Sahab, proud of you!

You are now proving why we voted for you, please continue and be better than the ones that we rejected.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The darbaris are confused. They are not sure what to do here.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Why are you running boys. I want JT to be hanged if he has stolen from the poor, let's see what the forensic audit show. But I have you losers who NAB has prosecuted, why are you running.
    Btw
    The dadu charger is already back tracking today. Why?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The darbaris are confused. They are not sure what to do here.
    Why are you running from my question on NAB, I responded to yours, and Btw dadu charger has already back tracked. Why is that?

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you running from my question on NAB, I responded to yours, and Btw dadu charger has already back tracked. Why is that?
    Who is dadu charger?

What question on NAB? The same department you were blowing trumpets for is now part of the Mafia, what even. You guys think everyones a fool here.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2004 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Who is dadu charger?

What question on NAB? The same department you were blowing trumpets for is now part of the Mafia, what even. You guys think everyones a fool here.
    Everybody isn't a fool, but people who still support the Sharif khandaan despite it being very evident how they raped the country for 30 years are definitely foolish, and you my friend fall in that category.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khusro Bakhtiar promoted. WTH. Pathetic...

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everybody isn't a fool, but people who still support the Sharif khandaan despite it being very evident how they raped the country for 30 years are definitely foolish, and you my friend fall in that category.
    I support the development projects of Sharifs where the current govt is certainly lacking.

Who do you support? IK or JKT, Khusro? ;)

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoping this wont turn out to be an eyewash.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Who is dadu charger?

Read my posts and tell me where I praised the crooks. They have been in cahoots with the crooks. The Budha sexuallly harassed women in his office and when it was exposed, who protected him.
    Google who the dadu charger is.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read my posts and tell me where I praised the crooks. They have been in cahoots with the crooks. The Budha sexuallly harassed women in his office and when it was exposed, who protected him.
    Google who the dadu charger is.
    Its Maryam aurangzeb lmao

Shes pathetic and so is the PMLN leadership with their corrupt practises.

Dude you darbaris are kinda shady, i am sure you are holding your breath not saying a word until the dust settles. Have seen zero activity from PTI darbaris on this thread except you and syed.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2004 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I support the development projects of Sharifs where the current govt is certainly lacking.

Who do you support? IK or JKT, Khusro? ;)
    Development projects

So entire Punjab had 1500 odd ventilators but your khadim-e-ala spent 400 billion on a stupid orange train. Lahoris can take joy rides on the orange train and stick their head out the window if they need a ventilator.

Paindu pana ki bhi hadh hoti hai. When parhay likhay jahil log have this mentality of "I support them for development project" then what you expect from unparh who say "khata hai tu lagata bhi hai".

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Development projects

So entire Punjab had 1500 odd ventilators but your khadim-e-ala spent 400 billion on a stupid orange train. Lahoris can take joy rides on the orange train and stick their head out the window if they need a ventilator.

Paindu pana ki bhi hadh hoti hai. When parhay likhay jahil log have this mentality of "I support them for development project" then what you expect from unparh who say "khata hai tu lagata bhi hai".
    Buddy, beggars cant be choosers

Look at Karachi, looks like a trash can
    Look at Peshawar, looks like a trash can and BRT is a massive slap

PTI really is incompetent. Khan was always good on being hard on corruption and he has now taken it to next level. Competency wise, still questionable.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Its Maryam aurangzeb lmao

Shes pathetic and so is the PMLN leadership with their corrupt practises.

Dude you darbaris are kinda shady, i am sure you are holding your breath not saying a word until the dust settles. Have seen zero activity from PTI darbaris on this thread except you and syed.
    I hope that Kaptaan throws caution to the wind. I can't wait for the forensic audit and I hope they get to the bottom of what happened. Its interesting that Nooras like Saleem Lifafi are asking for the money to be paid back and no action. Why? If crimes have committed then people need to go down. Its seems that Nooras are backtracking very quickly along with the mafia. I bet they expected nothing to be published like the Model Town report and for it to die. This is a great chance for PK to come out of the malaise of the mafia state. As the saying goes, when you go for the King you better not miss, well if you go for the mafia, you better not miss because they won't miss.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Buddy, beggars cant be choosers

Look at Karachi, looks like a trash can
    Look at Peshawar, looks like a trash can and BRT is a massive slap

PTI really is incompetent. Khan was always good on being hard on corruption and he has now taken it to next level. Competency wise, still questionable.
    Our of the 3bn the JT earnt, 2.5bn came when the Nooras where in power. Please explain