Wisden Cricket Monthly

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 60 of 60
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    42,313
    Mentioned
    2233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Shahid Afridi names all-time XI featuring five Pakistanis and four Australians



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    441
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good squad overall, but weird to keep Latif in the side, when you already have Gilchrist, who is equally as
    good as a glove-man.

    Could have had another big hitter in there.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    7
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So its a world XI of players he has played with not All time world XI.

    Solid choices except Rashid Latif.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    21,699
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Canít really fault it. He wants a proper keeper for Shane Warne and recons Latif should be the man, however it doesnít seem sensible when he already picked Gilchrist, who kept against Warne throughout his career

  5. #5
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    847
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rashid Latif lol.. anyway I think it's a solid XI and no one will have any reservations against any other selections. Beautiful from Shahid

  6. #6
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    847
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Imagine if Lala included someone like Sanga over Latif... now that's a serious team

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    32,479
    Mentioned
    535 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good XI apart from Latif I'd say.

  8. #8
    Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    11,095
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Not sure what jacques kallis is doing in there, same with Sachin tendulkar
    Both had terrific personal records but didn't win many matches for their teams


    "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    13,450
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latif shouldn't be there. Rest all country bias and bacha idhar udhar ka add up karke it's a good list.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    20,909
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha kashmiri View Post
    Not sure what jacques kallis is doing in there, same with Sachin tendulkar. Both had terrific personal records but didn't win many matches for their teams.
    Kallis MOM : 23

    Inzy: 9
    Anwar:2

    Kallis has won twice the matches Inzy and Anwar combined.

    But Anwar is match winner and Inzzy is match winner and kallis has not won many matches.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  11. #11
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    847
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha kashmiri View Post
    Not sure what jacques kallis is doing in there, same with Sachin tendulkar
    Both had terrific personal records but didn't win many matches for their teams
    Sachin for all his flaws played 200 test matches and still has over 50 average. Not a bad player by any extent. Kallis was a great player and any team would die to have such a skillful player at their disposal. Not sure why you think so low of them. Any reasons?

  12. #12
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    5,117
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe Shaun Pollock or Murli or Jayasuria may have been a better selection than Latif.

    Otherwise this looks (for the most part) the dominant players of the late 90's

  13. #13
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    20,909
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forward Defensive Push View Post
    Sachin for all his flaws played 200 test matches and still has over 50 average. Not a bad player by any extent.
    Not winning many matches is not true for even SRT.

    SRT has the highest number of MOM in all formats in history and then at the same time saying that he didn't win matches is puzzling.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  14. #14
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    4,082
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wow. A very versatile XI!

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,861
    Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latif is a joke.

    Kallis shouldn't be there either - boring cricketer and not an impact-player at all i.e. can't hit in the late order as good as some other hitters.

    W/K should be Gilchrist.

    Need to add some fire-power to the late order, Kallis just can't do it.

    So:

    1. Replace Kallis with Razzaq maybe.
    2. Replace Latif with AB de Villiers.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,609
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sorry to say but a faulty XI. Makes absolute no sense to have Latif. Lara should be picked instead of Inzi and Sehwag instead of Anwar.

    Drop Latif for Waqar Younis.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    15,185
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latif shouldn't be there.

  18. #18
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    578
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Latif is a joke.

    Kallis shouldn't be there either - boring cricketer and not an impact-player at all i.e. can't hit in the late order as good as some other hitters.

    W/K should be Gilchrist.

    Need to add some fire-power to the late order, Kallis just can't do it.

    So:

    1. Replace Kallis with Razzaq maybe.
    2. Replace Latif with AB de Villiers.
    https://youtu.be/PCYh5Z9JNJc

    Australian cricketers when asked about greatest cricketer.Dont see them saying someone was boring.But here keyboard players know more than others.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    14,457
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Should have put his name instead of Latif. Gilly is already there as a WK.

  20. #20
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,407
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to judge these selection w/o knowing which format they are selected for.

    I do think it's a solid bunch with the exception of Rashid Latif. Forget that you already have a gun keeper in Gilchrist, why in the world would you pick Rashid Latif at all? There are several better options than him!


  21. #21
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    3,160
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decent. and different

  22. #22
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    28,054
    Mentioned
    2398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Good choices, but still Afridi written on it - he picked Gilly as opener, then Latif as WK.....

  23. #23
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    810
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Reminder that this isn't who he believes is the best Test XI, rather it's an XI of the players he's played with and against

  24. #24
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    26,082
    Mentioned
    1350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    This is Afridi personal favorite eleven

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    18,598
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha kashmiri View Post
    Not sure what jacques kallis is doing in there, same with Sachin tendulkar
    Both had terrific personal records but didn't win many matches for their teams
    Weirdly every single expert put both of then iin their team and understands the difference between a team and an individual is


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    18,598
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Kallis MOM : 23

    Inzy: 9
    Anwar:2

    Kallis has won twice the matches Inzy and Anwar combined.

    But Anwar is match winner and Inzzy is match winner and kallis has not won many matches.
    At this point it's just complete trolling by these guys


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  27. #27
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    3,119
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If it is a test team, ok you pick your best keeper. If he thinks Latif was a better pure keeper than Gilly, ok I'll accept that since Gilly was a very good, but not great keeper.

    For an ODI team, it seems odd. Seems like he just wanted to show his support for Latif against some other elements in Pakistan cricket. Rest of the choices are all great players.

    Anwar I guess is arguable but he's not out of place- the kind of choice where if maybe Sangakkarra is picking he goes for Jayasuriya, if an Aussie is picking he goes for M Waugh or Hayden.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    569
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you have Gilchrist, you probably don't even think of including MSD in the same line up (forget about Latif)

    No disrespect for Saeed Anwar, but I would have gone with Jayasurya (Made runs every where and a very handy spin bowler , given the only spin option is of Warne)

    Sachin was not successful as #4 batsman in ODIs.And is a best bet as an opener. But again when you have Jayasuriya and Gilchrist (who can on their day win you match in singlehandedly). And then I have 3 giants in Inzi, Flintoff and Symonds who can be as explosive batsmen as any one, cool tempered and play according to the situation.

    Another questionable case is of Akhtar ( But then you need him to fire 4/5 good fast overs, and his role is done given lots of bowling options in Kallis, Flintoff etc.)


    Jayasuriya
    Gilchrist (Wk)
    Ponting
    Kallis
    Inzamam
    Symonds
    Flintoff
    Wasim
    Mcgrath
    Shoaib
    Warne

  29. #29
    Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    11,095
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Kallis MOM : 23

    Inzy: 9
    Anwar:2

    Kallis has won twice the matches Inzy and Anwar combined.

    But Anwar is match winner and Inzzy is match winner and kallis has not won many matches.
    Kallis has never won any MOM in world cups which shows how incompetent he is especially while discussing this in a world cup year


    "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    9,372
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha kashmiri View Post
    We might as well put hershelle gibbs in there and lance klusener while we're at it
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha kashmiri View Post
    Kallis has never won any MOM in world cups which shows how incompetent he is especially while discussing this in a world cup year
    You conveniently left out the bit about Sachin Tendulkar that you said initially because you donít have a proper reply for it.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,861
    Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ammar_merry View Post
    https://youtu.be/PCYh5Z9JNJc

    Australian cricketers when asked about greatest cricketer.Dont see them saying someone was boring.But here keyboard players know more than others.
    Yeah how dare someone have an opinion. What are you even doing on a cricket forum and posting things?

    Just because you're a Kallis fan doesn't mean he was not boring and impact-less (in terms of fast run-scoring).

    I wouldn't take him at all in a lineup that is already batting heavy with classic batsmen.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,861
    Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Should have put his name instead of Latif. Gilly is already there as a WK.
    Agreed. Afridi can join this team as a solid leg spinner.

    And batting is a bonus too.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    569
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Yeah how dare someone have an opinion. What are you even doing on a cricket forum and posting things?

    Just because you're a Kallis fan doesn't mean he was not boring and impact-less (in terms of fast run-scoring).

    I wouldn't take him at all in a lineup that is already batting heavy with classic batsmen.


    As Rahul Dravid said (who I think knows better than both of us)

    Kallis == Dravid + Zaheer Khan

    After Gary Sobers , Kallis is the only player who was complete All Rounder. Kapil, IK were more bowler than batsman
    Botham was more batsman than bowler

    During his era , his team did not won any championship does not discount the achievements of Kallis. I think every one in his team failed and choked during knockouts in WC..That has more to do with the psychological issue or mental burden they were carrying rather than the skill of the team.
    Last edited by Ryw; 10th April 2020 at 13:04.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    569
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Yeah how dare someone have an opinion. What are you even doing on a cricket forum and posting things?

    Just because you're a Kallis fan doesn't mean he was not boring and impact-less (in terms of fast run-scoring).

    I wouldn't take him at all in a lineup that is already batting heavy with classic batsmen.
    Because when you see who comes after Kallis, then you find no one..

    Thats why selection of Latif is not justified (He is good for All Time Pakistan 11, but when you are selecting world 11, then there are far better players than him)

    And the spot of Kallis is not correct (He should be coming in at #4 or #5) at max. Actually one of Sachin/Inzi/Anwar needs to make way. They all were good cricketers but does not fit in this lineup

    Modified line up

    Sachin
    Gilchrist
    Ponting
    Kallis
    Inzi
    Bevan/Yovraj
    Symnonds/Flintoff
    Wasim
    Shoaib
    Mcgrath
    Warne

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,861
    Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iniqbal223 View Post
    Because when you see who comes after Kallis, then you find no one..

    Thats why selection of Latif is not justified (He is good for All Time Pakistan 11, but when you are selecting world 11, then there are far better players than him)

    And the spot of Kallis is not correct (He should be coming in at #4 or #5) at max. Actually one of Sachin/Inzi/Anwar needs to make way. They all were good cricketers but does not fit in this lineup

    Modified line up

    Sachin
    Gilchrist
    Ponting
    Kallis
    Inzi
    Bevan/Yovraj
    Symnonds/Flintoff
    Wasim
    Shoaib
    Mcgrath
    Warne
    I can't take anyone seriously who says Saeed Anwar needs to make way for Kallis.

    Saeed any day over Kallis's batting.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    9,372
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I can't take anyone seriously who says Saeed Anwar needs to make way for Kallis.

    Saeed any day over Kallis's batting.
    Anwar over Kallis as a batsman? Kallis averages 10 more and has 34 more Test centuries


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,861
    Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Anwar over Kallis as a batsman? Kallis averages 10 more and has 34 more Test centuries
    Sanga averages more than Sachin. Would you play Sanga over Sachin?

    Saeed was one of the most impactful batsmen of the 90s, ahead of even Sachin until late 90s when he decided to quit.

    You are free to pick anyone you want. Don't force others.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    9,372
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Sanga averages more than Sachin. Would you play Sanga over Sachin?

    Saeed was one of the most impactful batsmen of the 90s, ahead of even Sachin until late 90s when he decided to quit.

    You are free to pick anyone you want. Don't force others.
    Sanga doesn't average 10 more than Sachin, neither he has 34 centuries more than Sachin. The unfortunate demise of his daughter happened in 2001. By then Sachin was miles ahead of him in the ODI format, the only format where they were both neck and neck in terms of centuries.
    Last edited by Hitman; 10th April 2020 at 13:18.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,861
    Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Sanga doesn't average 10 more than Sachin, neither he has 34 centuries more than Sachin. The unfortunate demise of his daughter happened in 2001. By then Sachin was miles ahead of him in the ODI format, the only format where they were both neck and neck in terms of centuries.
    Haha, now you're trapped in your own argument.

    Sangakkara averages more than Sachin, and has more centuries per innings than Sachin. Now don't bring "but but it's not 10 more than Sachin".

    Does Sanga averages more than Sachin? Yes.

    Does Sanga have more centuries than Sachin? Yes. (He has played much less matches, but has more centuries per Test innings).

    So, Sangakkara should play ahead of Sachin as per YOUR OWN LOGIC.


  40. #40
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    8,967
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an eleven. Gillay is an opener and then as a keeper Latif??

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    548
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Iíd go bold and pick neither gilly or Latif and instead pick sangakarra as my wicket keeper. In my eyes heís one underrated cricketer

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,861
    Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    I’d go bold and pick neither gilly or Latif and instead pick sangakarra as my wicket keeper. In my eyes he’s one underrated cricketer
    Sangakkara is definitely a good choice.

    BUT Gilly is needed at the top for his fast scoring ability. One of the best along with Saeed.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    3,799
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree anwar over kalis anyday in odi.

    in tests lol no way.

  44. #44
    Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    11,095
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    You conveniently left out the bit about Sachin Tendulkar that you said initially because you don’t have a proper reply for it.
    I'd rather have Ms dhoni in their than tendulkar


    "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

  45. #45
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    458
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it his ODI all time XI?

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,658
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ambrose for Shoaib A, and Waqar Y for Latif as Gilchrist is already there. Lara has to be there too instead of Anwar for Tests.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    6,175
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shahid afridi should be in their himself instead of Latif.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    8,272
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am baffled to see Rashid Latif. I would even have Kamran Akmal over Rashid Latif.


    Bangladeshi Fan

  49. #49
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    6,600
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that he chose 2 wicketkeepers in the same playing 11 tells you all you need to know about he thinks as a captain lol. Also who in their right mind would select Akhtar over Waqar Younis.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    3,548
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As regards to Gilly and Latif, it's a typical left side move by Afridi. Good selection, I like it, well done Lala.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,658
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    I am baffled to see Rashid Latif. I would even have Kamran Akmal over Rashid Latif.
    Latif was a much better wicketkeeper and safe hand , that is hardly what you can say about Kamran. Latif was also capable batsman but his.performamces did not show that often.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    9,372
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha kashmiri View Post
    I'd rather have Ms dhoni in their than tendulkar
    You can have Neil Armstrong, for all I care. The point was about your original statement.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

  53. #53
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    9,372
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Haha, now you're trapped in your own argument.

    Sangakkara averages more than Sachin, and has more centuries per innings than Sachin. Now don't bring "but but it's not 10 more than Sachin".

    Does Sanga averages more than Sachin? Yes.

    Does Sanga have more centuries than Sachin? Yes. (He has played much less matches, but has more centuries per Test innings).

    So, Sangakkara should play ahead of Sachin as per YOUR OWN LOGIC.

    Kallis averages 10 more than Anwar, and has 34 Test centuries more than Anwar. Sanga doesn't average 10 more than Sachin, nor does he have 34 Test centuries more than Sachin. If he did, anyone with a brain would pick him ahead of Sachin. Having a slightly better average and a slightly better century per innings ratio doesn't translate to having an average of 10 more and having 34 more Test centuries.

    Trying to play with words doesn't make you come out on top of the debate. Anyone outside of Pakistan would roll with laughter at the suggesting of Anwar being a better batsman than Kallis


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    16,422
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Actually an excellent XI for ODIs (could be strengthened by replacing Kallis with a more explosive AR and Latif is a bit of a misfit, with Gilly there already).

    Assuming this is specifically for ODIs and potentially, T20Is?


    Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    16,422
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Anwar over Kallis as a batsman? Kallis averages 10 more and has 34 more Test centuries
    If this is an ODI XI, I have no qualms with anyone picking Anwar over Kallis (to me it does appear to be an ODI XI).

    Obviously, in Tests, anyone picking Anwar knows jack all about the sport.
    Last edited by MenInG; 11th April 2020 at 12:23.


    Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

  56. #56
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    9,372
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon786 View Post
    If this is an ODI XI, I have no qualms with anyone picking Anwar over Kallis (to me it does appear to be an ODI XI).
    Yes, I too will pick Anwar over Kallis as an ODI batsman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon786
    Obviously, in Tests, anyone picking Anwar knows jack all about the sport.
    This. One has 45 Test centuries with an average of 55 odd, the other has 11 Test centuries with an average of 45 odd.
    Last edited by Hitman; 11th April 2020 at 13:23.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

  57. #57
    Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    11,095
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    You can have Neil Armstrong, for all I care. The point was about your original statement.
    Tendulkar scores 83 against Kenya in Sf
    And scores 4 chasing 350 in the final

    Sums up his career
    There's a reason India have dominated cricket after his retirement


    "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

  58. #58
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    9,372
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha kashmiri View Post
    Tendulkar scores 83 against Kenya in Sf
    And scores 4 chasing 350 in the final

    Sums up his career
    There's a reason India have dominated cricket after his retirement
    Sums up your knowledge of the game.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    122
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tendulkar
    Lara
    Ponting
    Kallis
    Sangakkara
    ?
    Imran
    Wasim
    Warne
    McGrath
    Murali

  60. #60
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    13,450
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Tendulkar
    Gibbs
    Lara
    AB de Villiers
    Yuvraj
    Dhoni(c/wkt)
    Klusenar
    Pollock
    Wasim
    Warne
    Donald


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •