Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

"Don't need a tutorial from you of all people" : Ramiz Raja hits back at Shoaib Malik

Hafeez, Malik should retire gracefully: Ramiz Raja

Karachi, Apr 6 (PTI) Former Pakistan captain and well-known commentator Ramiz Raja has advised senior players Muhammad Hafeez and Shoaib Malik to take retirement from international cricket.

"They should leave international cricket with respect and gracefully," he said on Monday about the two former captains.

Talking to the media in a video conference, Raja said he avoids making personal comments on a player.

"I come across both during my assignments that is why I avoid making personal comments. There is no doubt both have served Pakistan cricket well all these years. But now I think it is time they gracefully retired from the Pakistan team," he said.

Ramiz said he was not looking for any post in the Pakistan Cricket Board and tried to speak honestly on cricket matters.

"I think if they retire now it will help Pakistan cricket. We have a good pool of players and we must move ahead'

Both Hafeez and Malik were recalled to the Pakistan team for the T20 format in February after remaining on the sidelines since last years World Cup in England.

The decision by head coach and chief selector Misbah-ul-Haq to recall them met with mixed reactions and many have criticised the move to go back to senior players in the shorted format.

Hafeez, 39 and Malik, 38, both have insisted they still have plenty of cricket left in them to represent Pakistan in the World T20 Cup later this year in Australia. However, Hafeez has said that he will retire from all international cricket after the mega T20 event.

Malik, who retired from Tests four years ago and also stepped down from ODI cricket last year after the World Cup, remains tight lipped about his future plans.

https://www.outlookindia.com/newsscr...z-raja/1793261

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Karachi, Apr 6 (PTI) Former Pakistan captain and well-known commentator Ramiz Raja has advised senior players Muhammad Hafeez and Shoaib Malik to take retirement from international cricket.

"They should leave international cricket with respect and gracefully," he said on Monday about the two former captains.

Talking to the media in a video conference, Raja said he avoids making personal comments on a player.

"I come across both during my assignments that is why I avoid making personal comments. There is no doubt both have served Pakistan cricket well all these years. But now I think it is time they gracefully retired from the Pakistan team," he said.

Ramiz said he was not looking for any post in the Pakistan Cricket Board and tried to speak honestly on cricket matters.

"I think if they retire now it will help Pakistan cricket. We have a good pool of players and we must move ahead'

Both Hafeez and Malik were recalled to the Pakistan team for the T20 format in February after remaining on the sidelines since last years World Cup in England.

The decision by head coach and chief selector Misbah-ul-Haq to recall them met with mixed reactions and many have criticised the move to go back to senior players in the shorted format.

Hafeez, 39 and Malik, 38, both have insisted they still have plenty of cricket left in them to represent Pakistan in the World T20 Cup later this year in Australia. However, Hafeez has said that he will retire from all international cricket after the mega T20 event.

Malik, who retired from Tests four years ago and also stepped down from ODI cricket last year after the World Cup, remains tight lipped about his future plans.
    He should add Azar Ali to the list. But thanks to Misbah, every mediocre senior with the Pakistan team thinks they can play on till their mid forties.

Notwithstanding the fact they're probably already at least a couple of years older than their official age.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    He should add Azar Ali to the list. But thanks to Misbah, every mediocre senior with the Pakistan team thinks they can play on till their mid forties.

Notwithstanding the fact they're probably already at least a couple of years older than their official age.
    Hafeez I know personally is NOT 40 and older than 40.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2362 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Have to put it here from another thread -

MoHa and Malik will leave their mark on PCT at least for 5 years, if some how they decide to leave it this year. These two bang average bits & pieces cricketers earned 2 decades of career selling bluffs after bluffs - sometimes by the name of multi facet skills, sometimes experience, sometimes for better combination and sometimes for the excuse of lack of options. One by one players like Umar, Kamran, Maqsood, Amin, Haris have lost the battle to these two for a middle order spot which has created such a massive hollow that now PCT management is almost forced to carry them.

I read lot about MoHa's heroics in CT2017 Final - the bitter truth is that, his mighty "power play" managed to take PAK to 338/4, instead of 360. Otherwise, the start that Fakhar gave that day and IND running out of bowlers, most teams would have ended up scoring 375, from 200/2 after 33'1 (when Malik entered) or at least to 360, from 247/3 after 39'4, when MoHa entered.

For best part of a decade, they kept holding most crucial two middle order spots for performance very similar to our Mahmudullah (actually worse, but PP tends to judge individual player's contribution, based on team achievement), and that guy Mahmud is at least 6 years younger to both of them, yet already has lost his spot in BD ODI/Test team, despite the absence of two most experienced middle order batsmen.

Just to give a perspective, since 01 April 2011, this is what the stats tell for three players (Game - Run -Avg - SR -100/50)

MoHa: 146 - 4989 - 37.79/80.99 - 10/30
    Malik: 95 - 2346 - 35.01/89.64 - 2/13
    Mahmudullah: 123 - 2968 - 36.19/81.11 - 3/17

Now, that stats is massively misleading, because these two cunning guys, backed on their two decades long experience have cashed mighty on the hopeless SRL attack in that period in SRL or UAE + the other free bees. If I run the same stats with 8 teams - AUS, ENG, IND, SAF, WIN, NZL & BD/PAK (respectively), that same table looks like -

MoHa: 93 - 2959 - 34.01/79.62 - 3/22
    Malik: 62 - 1455 - 27.98/82.01 - 1/6
    Mahmudullah: 69 - 17 - 1735 - 38.55/82.38 - 3/8

*Here, I must mention that apart from the 6 other sides, MoHa/Malik's stats include games against BD, and Mahmud's stats include PAK - those who know the game, should understand the impact.

That probably is enough to expose how MoHa/Malik have kept their spot intact, keeping every potential threat at bay. This is a day-light robbery, which will cost PAK in 2023 WC, BIG TIME.

.............. and there comes Rambo to ask them doing something gracefully!!!!!!!!

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Retire with grace????

Just retiring now would be fine. Its been a long wait for these two to take a hike. They aren't getting pressure from the hierarchy nor management.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

https://www.outlookindia.com/newsscr...z-raja/1793261
    Surely this deserved a thread of its own ;)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2061 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"Don't need a tutorial from you of all people" : Ramiz Raja hits back at Shoaib Malik

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Malik completely owned.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Damn Rambo

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tbh Malik deserves what he gets but the PCB is more to blame, they should have stopped entertaining these two (Hafeez and Malik) 5-6 years ago instead of allowing them to cling on.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rambo on fire

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramiz not coming slow.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Hafeez with the beard and hat looks like Kohli

"You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am big fan of Ramiz, screw Shoaib Malik he always sucked barring a few games against India..

"You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bit childish from Rameez. Shoaib simply said a joke and the guy took it way too seriously. If anything its rambo who looks pathetic here imo.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1866 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Banter has got serious it seems.

I had expected this to turn ugly.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rambo just said what so many Pakistan fans have been saying for years.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Malik is the biggest leech of PAK cricket.

In our entire history.

Even bigger leech than Afridi - afridi had some good moments, could bowl well at least and hit a few.

Malik is the biggest loser to play for us, been 20 years.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

In our entire history.

Even bigger leech than Afridi - afridi had some good moments, could bowl well at least and hit a few.

Dude Afridi was one of Pakistanís biggest assets, granted he didnít always contribute with the bat but his bowling was amazing. In my eyes he will always be the second best leggie weíve ever had in pakistan cricket, economical and a great wicket taker. Afridi not to forget won us the t20 cup in 2009.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Really hope Malik and hafeez bugger off soon.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    The Invincible Fort
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Especially at a time like this when we can easily formulate teams much better without both of them. Malik could commentate..not sure about HAFEEZ

Full credit to Micky Arthur for realizing Babar Azam was born to bat at 3 in all formats.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of memorable lines from Rambo First Blood come to mind:

John Rambo: They drew first blood, not me.

John Rambo: Don't Push it. Don't push it, or I'll give you war you won't believe. Let it go. (menacingly) Let it go!

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    Dude Afridi was one of Pakistan’s biggest assets, granted he didn’t always contribute with the bat but his bowling was amazing. In my eyes he will always be the second best leggie we’ve ever had in pakistan cricket, economical and a great wicket taker. Afridi not to forget won us the t20 cup in 2009.
    i am not a fan of afridi but if you look at his first half of career he did not bowl more than 5 over in almost 90% of the games. He could have easily got 450 wickets.
    Can someone get his stats?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    729 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rambo! Brutal and brilliant

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get Malik and Hafeez out of the team NOW.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dont get it - how desperate are all these players/ex-players that they cannot keep their mouth shout during this lockdown period?

Every day there seems to be a new report of some Tom, Dick or Harry coming out with ** statements making themselves look stupid.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canistani Hero View Post
    Especially at a time like this when we can easily formulate teams much better without both of them. Malik could commentate..not sure about HAFEEZ
    Malik's commentary would be full of him going And uhhhhhhhh, he gets a wicket, and uuuuuuuuuhhhhh...

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is all coming out far too late. The big names (Rameez is a well known figure at least) should have been hammering these two years ago.

Malik and Hafeez have never really cared to improve their games as their mediocre stats prove. They simply need to keep worming their way in so they can prolong their financial wellbeing as far as possible.

This isn't going to light a fire under each player. Instead we'll see them fail one last time in Australia if the WT20 goes ahead. Then they will retire happy having maxed their possible earnings from cricket and thus achieved their goal.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In our entire history.

Yes and you abused Mickey for playing him.

But despite this you were soo happy when Misbah picked him for the home T20s against. Must have been a real predicament for you, but your love for Misbah trumped all other feelings as always.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'd like the three of them to retire yes. since he cares about pak cricket so much he can take a job in the pcb, and he always has that youtube channel as a hobby, which i can avoid as its generally full of nonsense.

I think Hafeez and Malik would be good commentators.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a fan of Ramiz Raja and his terrible commentary but he's totally owned Malik here!
    Malik and Hafeez should retire now before they embarrass Pakistan further with their lack of performance!

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    Yes and you abused Mickey for playing him.

But despite this you were soo happy when Misbah picked him for the home T20s against. Must have been a real predicament for you, but your love for Misbah trumped all other feelings as always.

You don't get tired of lying, do you? Or are you just dumb? Malik is the worst thing to happen to PAK cricket in decades.

Your kind is the one that supported Mickey for backing Malik in T20s + at the World Cup - didn't say a word against Arthur, neither do you say it now!

So, I just keep pointing out the hypocrisy of yours.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romali_rotti View Post
    I am big fan of Ramiz, screw Shoaib Malik he always sucked barring a few games against India..
    I keep hearing how great Malik is vs the nation of his wife.

How many did he make in the 2012 World T20, 2013 Champions Trophy, 2014 World T20, 2017 Champions Trophy games and 2019 World Cup vs India

Failed repeatedly in those big games.

Still living off the 2009 CT ton.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoomCricket View Post

How many did he make in the 2012 World T20, 2013 Champions Trophy, 2014 World T20, 2017 Champions Trophy games and 2019 World Cup vs India

He has his highest average vs any individual team, and half of his centuries against India.

But yeah, he's not a big match player and has failed in most of the big games even vs Ind

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder who our next big commentator will be after Rambo.

I reckon Shan Masood has a long career behind the mic awaiting him.

He has more Test centuries than Ramiz to start with

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramiz showing what a fool he is.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rambo is no Michael Atherton or Ritchie Benaud behind the mic i.e. his linguistic skills are poor, and he has no real charisma. He is just as despised by the Pakistani fans as are malik and haffez, for different reasons ofcourse. He needs to stay in his lane.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is the problem with the Pakistan cricket culture.

You can't perform and want to be in team and not retire gracefully. You end up like Hafeez and Malik whom everyone wants to retire but they're too stubborn to retire.

Then there is someone like Wahab and Aamir who are retiring early because they know they can't perform. The gutter people like Waqar and Misbah then hit out at them for retiring and "not serving Pakistan".

Come on! Anyone sees the problem with Pakistan cricketers not retiring gracefully.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

living on 2009 CT ton and the 2005 series vs India. That's all

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2061 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Hafeez had retweeted Malik's tweet about Ramiz, for context.

Though this could also be directed toward Mickey...
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 9th April 2020 at 21:16.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedzee View Post
    This is the problem with the Pakistan cricket culture.

You can't perform and want to be in team and not retire gracefully. You end up like Hafeez and Malik whom everyone wants to retire but they're too stubborn to retire.

Then there is someone like Wahab and Aamir who are retiring early because they know they can't perform. The gutter people like Waqar and Misbah then hit out at them for retiring and "not serving Pakistan".

Come on! Anyone sees the problem with Pakistan cricketers not retiring gracefully.
    In a world cup year you can see why they want to play for the team
    It's not like theyve sat out of the Bangladesh and Sri lanka tours, they've been there through thick and thin while others around them have either got injured or lost their mojo

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha kashmiri View Post
    In a world cup year you can see why they want to play for the team
    It's not like theyve sat out of the Bangladesh and Sri lanka tours, they've been there through thick and thin while others around them have either got injured or lost their mojo
    Issue is, why didn't they go to Australia. World Cup is there, right? If they are serious about WC then they should've made themselves available. I know behind the doors Misbah is protecting them and they even probably told Misbah not to pick them for Aussie tour, because it could definitely eliminate their chances for T20 WC.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Bit shameful that when some cricketers are running around trying to get food to people, some are busy shooting their mouths.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol, someone who preaches professionalism, manners, tolerance and respect for others Ramiz keeps on exposing himself to be the hypocrite that he is. Someone of his stature should have taken Maliks tweet as harmless banter, this only reflects poorly on him

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1866 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Pakistanis don't do banter, this has been bubbling for a while. Even on commentary Ramiz hasn't been complimentary of both Malik and Hafeez.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Pakistanis don't do banter, this has been bubbling for a while. Even on commentary Ramiz hasn't been complimentary of both Malik and Hafeez.
    It is banter, just the Pakistani type.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1866 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    It is banter, just the Pakistani type.
    This is banter but with an agenda.

Pretty clear there's not much respect there.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pretty poor all round Ramiz in his position shouldnt be calling out players on social media and then getting upset when they reply

And with malik and hafeez it shouldnt come to this where everyone is desperately calling for them to retire

Whatever happened to retiring with grace and people saying Why then When?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanisgreat View Post
    i am not a fan of afridi but if you look at his first half of career he did not bowl more than 5 over in almost 90% of the games. He could have easily got 450 wickets.
    Can someone get his stats?
    395 odi wickets heís got. Second best bowling figures in Odis, first player in Odis to score a 50 and get a fifer in a match (done it on 3 occasions), t20 match winner for the 2009 t20 World Cup, led us to the semis in the World Cup 2011 and t20 2010. A memorable innings against India and Bangladesh in the Asia cup 2014.

Afridi deserves credit for his list of achievements. Yes, he makes you depressed whenever he doesnít pull the rabbit out of the hat but when itís his day heís great to watch and makes sure youíll never forget his innings.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    395 odi wickets he’s got. Second best bowling figures in Odis, first player in Odis to score a 50 and get a fifer in a match (done it on 3 occasions), t20 match winner for the 2009 t20 World Cup, led us to the semis in the World Cup 2011 and t20 2010. A memorable innings against India and Bangladesh in the Asia cup 2014.

Afridi deserves credit for his list of achievements. Yes, he makes you depressed whenever he doesn’t pull the rabbit out of the hat but when it’s his day he’s great to watch and makes sure you’ll never forget his innings.
    someone needs to bring his stats how many overs he bowled before 2007 in each game. I do not think he did his 10 overs in many games before 2007.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But why should there be forceful respect for Malik and Hafeez? Yes, they have played for 2 decades for Pakistan but it's not like they have done charity...they got paid for it! It was their bloody job. And we know how well or poorly they did their jobs. We just need to peek into their stats to see their lack of consistency producing a wonderfully mediocre Test, ODI record for both.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketingMinds View Post
    But why should there be forceful respect for Malik and Hafeez? Yes, they have played for 2 decades for Pakistan but it's not like they have done charity...they got paid for it! It was their bloody job. And we know how well or poorly they did their jobs. We just need to peek into their stats to see their lack of consistency producing a wonderfully mediocre Test, ODI record for both.
    The PCB have to take most of this blame

Nobody held a gun to their heads to keep on selecting mediocrity year after year

This shouldve been nipped in the bud years back

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rameez even tried blaming Malik and his team of hacking, only to realise his tweets were in the replies section.Cant make this stuff up.

Name:  C7D362F9-76C2-4932-AE4C-EBA1BE49D224.jpg
Views: 1659
Size:  29.6 KB

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1866 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketingMinds View Post
    Not saying there should be respect from either side.

But I guess if you throw mud then sometimes you are going to get dirty yourself.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    At the end of the day what issue do people have with Ramiz here, it's not rocket science; both Hafeez and Malik are the biggest pack of bare bums in all of sports right now. I think Malik continues to play for Pakistan so his failure brings his wife pleasure and when it comes to Hafeez, all he is greedy for is Money, he'd loot his own family that man, I don't trust him one bit. Neither of these individuals deserve a 'graceful' retirement, make their faces black and drag them through the streets for selling out.

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only in Pakistan can you ask two non-performing 40-year-olds to retire gracefully and with respect.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dude Afridi was one of Pakistan’s biggest assets, granted he didn’t always contribute with the bat but his bowling was amazing. In my eyes he will always be the second best leggie we’ve ever had in pakistan cricket, economical and a great wicket taker. Afridi not to forget won us the t20 cup in 2009.
    Afridi was definitely a top leg spinner.

He was handy, but not the biggest asset. Was a crowd-puller for sure, but his inconsistency damaged us a lot.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Afridi was definitely a top leg spinner.

He was handy, but not the biggest asset. Was a crowd-puller for sure, but his inconsistency damaged us a lot.
    Iíll agree with you on Malik being a leech but Afridi in my eyes wasnít. Afridi has an endless list of accomplishments in both odi and t20 (a shame he didnít take part in more test cricket).

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1866 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Fully expect this drama to continue in the coming days.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rameez vs Ma-eez

Malik-hafeez retirement will help pakistan cricket"stated Ramiz" what's your take on this statement?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder who our next big commentator will be after Rambo.

I reckon Shan Masood has a long career behind the mic awaiting him.

He has more Test centuries than Ramiz to start with
    I think Misbah can be a good commentator. He is a bit like Ramiz Raza.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 10th April 2020 at 17:21.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is an Urdu saying "Khisiani billi khamba nochay:. This shows Malik and Hafeez know deep down their time is up and our just playing for selfish reasons otherwise why react to Raja's tweets at all.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedzee View Post
    Issue is, why didn't they go to Australia. World Cup is there, right? If they are serious about WC then they should've made themselves available. I know behind the doors Misbah is protecting them and they even probably told Misbah not to pick them for Aussie tour, because it could definitely eliminate their chances for T20 WC.
    Misbah didn't pick them, how is that their fault

I'm not a fan of either although Malik has been in supreme form lately but the fact is they have both been in the team consistently since 2007 while others have been banned, retired, played in foreign leagues or have been sidelined due to poor form in domestics

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope they all take themselves out.

Ramiz is a rubbish commentator and has frankly always been an embarrassment. People like him just because of the nostalgia factor but no other commentator in the world makes as many mistakes as him.

He forgets names and his post match presentations are ridiculous. Heís arrogant and refuses to put in the work / research either.

Malik and Hafeez are obviously finished.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Malik and Hafeez should retire, no doubt.

But to be fair to them, Ramiz is an awful and cringy commentator.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1866 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Who should retire first?

Or perhaps all 3 of them asap.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    PCB is the biggest culprit here. Should have made a policy not to pick them two again, just like policies regarding other former players were set in the past.
    Last edited by Saj; 11th April 2020 at 00:15.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Could do with all 3 getting showcause notices or whatever public order to not prevent any public comments for a while, though I wonder whether Malik fanatics would cope.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not to mention, Ramiz has been acting like a buffoon non stop for last few years, just that he doesn't realize it. Even on country's economic crises, he has been sucking up to IK on all of his decisions without having slightest of idea about how that stuff works or how grave the situation is. I hope he stops getting the coverage he's being given these days cause he's neither a decent commentator now, nor a decent human being. Yet he's been thinking about how he is doing Pak a world of good.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As usual Ramiz is off his rocker.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally Rameez has said something useful. These two shameless losers will not leave until loser in charge Misbah is there.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The easiest solution is to just not pick them. We don't have to plead to them to retire.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    The easiest solution is to just not pick them. We don't have to plead to them to retire.
    You forget that we have King Misbah as coach and selector and he seems adamant to select them after resting them for the tough overseas tour.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1866 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Whether it's players or commentators, our guys never know when to say farewell, enough is enough.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    Not to mention, Ramiz has been acting like a buffoon non stop for last few years, just that he doesn't realize it. Even on country's economic crises, he has been sucking up to IK on all of his decisions without having slightest of idea about how that stuff works or how grave the situation is. I hope he stops getting the coverage he's being given these days cause he's neither a decent commentator now, nor a decent human being. Yet he's been thinking about how he is doing Pak a world of good.
    1.3 million youtube subscribers say otherwise. Disagree with him all you want or critique his commentary but don't throw absurd comments like not a decent human being without any basis.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    PCB is the biggest culprit here. Should have made a policy not to pick them two again, just like policies regarding other former players were set in the past.
    Totally agree, these guys have nothing outside cricket and will not go and the PCB should have made the decision for them. We are taking to 40+ players to a T20 WC, its even more stupid than it sounds when you consider that both players are awful failures for a whole decade.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Who should retire first?

Or perhaps all 3 of them asap.
    Rambo has to go asap. All 3 are painful to watch but at least with Malik and Hafeez, there are some good performances which one can refer to. Contrast that with Rambo who was not just an average player but since retiring, has been an atrocious commentator. No insight. No analysis. No good. Just a stream of consciousnes.

Contrast Rambo with the delightful Bazid Khan. Great cricketing brain on his shoulders and an outstanding commie. Bazid is a true ambassador for Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    Rambo has to go asap. All 3 are painful to watch but at least with Malik and Hafeez, there are some good performances which one can refer to. Contrast that with Rambo who was not just an average player but since retiring, has been an atrocious commentator. No insight. No analysis. No good. Just a stream of consciousnes.

Contrast Rambo with the delightful Bazid Khan. Great cricketing brain on his shoulders and an outstanding commie. Bazid is a true ambassador for Pakistan.
    Sorry to say, Bazid Khan is extremely boring and uninspiring. There is a reason why Rambo gets commentary gigs worldwide. Even Bazid will refer to Ramiz as more accomplished

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramiz took it personally lol, Malik was just joking.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The saying comes to mind

Those that live in glass houses, shouldnt throw stones...