Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

If India gives Pakistan 10,000 ventilators, we will remember the gesture forever: Shoaib Akhtar

Former Pakistan pacer Shoaib Akhtar has appealed to India to provide for ventilators for his country. Akhtar said that if India offered a helping hand during these desperate times, Pakistan would never forget the gesture as it would be rising above differences and offering a service.

“If India can make 10,000 ventilators for us, Pakistan will remember this gesture forever. But we can only propose the matches. The rest is up to the authorities (to decide),” Akhtar told PTI.

Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh faced a lot of flak for donating to Shahid Afridi’s charity foundation which is doing its bit in Pakistan’s fight against the deadly virus. Both the players were trolled on social media and as per Akhtar, this was inhuman.

“It was inhuman to criticise them. It is not about countries or religion at the moment, it is about humanity,” Akhtar said.

Akhtar has spent a lot of time in India as a commentator. He spoke about his days in Mumbai during the World T20 in 2016, the last time he came to India for work.”I am forever grateful about the love I have received from the people of India. For the first time I am revealing this, whatever I used to earn from India, I made a significant amount there, thirty percent of it, I used to distribute among the low income staff who used to work with me in the TV,” he remembered.

“From drivers, runners to my security guys. I took care of a lot of people. I was like if am earning from this country, I have to help my colleagues also.

“I also remember visiting slums of Dharavi and Sion in the wee hours to meet people I worked with,” added Akhtar

https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...Rv82e0g2J.html

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Maaf karde yaar.... koi isko bhejo India wahan basayra jamaye....

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    523 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What a desperado.

Give him some commentary contract already.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoaib is losing his respect. I mean doesn’t he know as per Imran Khan it is forbidden to “ASK” India.

Anyway sarcasm apart nothing wrong in what he said.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh Shoaib Yaar bas Kar de hunn.I love him.He is my favourite cricketer of all time and he is also from my community but now this is really getting on my nerves.He needs to stop this right now.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Does India really have spare ventilators lying around? To give to... Pakistan?

Matlab kuch bhi...

Literally every country needs MORE ventilators right now.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Matlab kuch bhi...
    may be not the ventilators but india did give a hefty donation to the SAARC fund. So I am sure if things get even worse that would be put to use but Pakistan has refused to participate.

However coming to Akthar what is wrong in him saying that countries should mutually help each other. I am sure Pakistan has something to offer too.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    796 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    This soft request won't work against India. If you really want ventilators just send your request to Trump he will get it for you from India. He surely knows how to get what he wants.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    US,China, Saudi, UAE and know joining the prestigious list yours truly our Parosis

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post
    US,China, Saudi, UAE and know joining the prestigious list yours truly our Parosis
    We are behind Us and China I don’t think anyone denies that however UAE and Saudi benefit by a racist policy where the citizens have all the goodies where as rest have to labor on to earn money including people who follow their religion probably more than them. I don’t think secular country like india will ever make such decisions.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Matlab kuch bhi...

Literally every country needs MORE ventilators right now.
    there's one in production which is aided by maruti suzuki. the target is 20000 a month. It's not robust as the traditional one, in the current scenario, it is hoped to suffice the purpose. But i think it is banned now to export.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...090302355.html

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    we have our own, and if needed, more will come from China ....

The Griffins ....

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    476 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    According to a few doctors asking for ventilators is pointless, if a patient has reached the ventilator stage it means there chances of survival are not more than 1% and that they are a goner at that stage. Might as well invest the resources in acquiring other material

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Akhtar is giving headaches to the fake bravado brigade again !

He just can't stop.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    917 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    According to a few doctors asking for ventilators is pointless, if a patient has reached the ventilator stage it means there chances of survival are not more than 1% and that they are a goner at that stage. Might as well invest the resources in acquiring other material
    More and more evidences coming that Covid-19 isn't causing ARDS actually. And Use of ventilators itself may have been confounding the problem. There are reports respiratory muscles remains functional throughout.

@moghul sb, is it so ?

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Who is advising Akhtar on which topics to discuss.

It seems he's just thinking random thoughts and turning them into videos.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Leave him alone if lifting India’s balls is putting food on his table, feeding his children who are we to criticise.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does India produce enough ventilators? I thought these are produced by China or something.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAli98 View Post
    Leave him alone if lifting India’s balls is putting food on his table, feeding his children who are we to criticise.
    Exactly and we are getting some sort of tax revenue who cares
    Keep playing with Indian emotions and keep making bread my man

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local.Dada View Post
    We are behind Us and China I don’t think anyone denies that however UAE and Saudi benefit by a racist policy where the citizens have all the goodies where as rest have to labor on to earn money including people who follow their religion probably more than them. I don’t think secular country like india will ever make such decisions.
    Weren't you the one crying about Bengalis coming into India?? and you are saying modi's India would not do such a thing OK WHAT?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    It's actually 50% not 1%, I guess Pakistani doctors are lazy and don't care about saving people that might need ventilators or CPAP to survive. If ventilators weren't important then American and European countries wouldn't be working so hard to acquire and/or produce them.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    More and more evidences coming that Covid-19 isn't causing ARDS actually. And Use of ventilators itself may have been confounding the problem. There are reports respiratory muscles remains functional throughout.

@moghul sb, is it so ?
    Can you post your sources? Couldn't find anything online.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local.Dada View Post
    Shoaib is losing his respect. I mean doesn’t he know as per Imran Khan it is forbidden to “ASK” India.

Anyway sarcasm apart nothing wrong in what he said.
    Serious question - I thought India itself has a very low count of ventilators. Is that not true?

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shoaib Anaarkali is back in Akbar's court.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    523 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAli98 View Post
    It's not though. He doesn't work as coach/commentator/analyst anywhere here so all these videos are so far futile.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Name:  Screenshot_20200410-184115_Twitter.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  250.0 KB

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Utter embarrassment for Pakistan, whenever he opens his mouth.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post

@moghul sb, is it so ?
    No its not true, ventilators are an essential part of treatment for almost all the patients in ICU with covid 19 infection.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Who is advising Akhtar on which topics to discuss.

It seems he's just thinking random thoughts and turning them into videos.
    His Indian agent obviously. He used to earn coin there in the past before Pakistani celebrities got booted out by the incoming Hindutva govt, now he's clearly pitching for a job over there again.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few former Pak cricketers have really lost it post-retirement, haven’t they?
    Shoaib and Abdul Razzaq are two very good examples.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think him moving to India maybe more beneficial to us than him staying in India. If he gets in power there he can do what he can to benefit Pakistan. Instead of requesting India to do something to help Pakistan he should himself do Pakistan the favor.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wants Indian nationality like Adnaan Sami. We can't crucify him.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why would we give it to others when we ourselves don’t have enough?

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shoaib has fetish for India.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    No its not true, ventilators are an essential part of treatment for almost all the patients in ICU with covid 19 infection.
    What do you think of @Savak 's assertion that ventilators are a waste of money and only 1% of people on it survive?

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    What do you think of @Savak 's assertion that ventilators are a waste of money and only 1% of people on it survive?
    People are spreading all kind of non-sense and its not helping anyone, causing more confusion .These kind of "news" are more dangerous in countries like Pakistan and India where people believe everything said on social media. Yes anyone on ventilators due to covid 19 infection has high risk of dying but a large number of patients particularly those with no history of serious health problem are getting better. Today we reviewed out weekly report, in our university hospital , this week we have highest number of patients came out of ventilators and improved compared to previous weeks. And we are at the epicenter of this infection dealing with the sickest ones. Hope this trend will continue.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    917 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you post your sources? Couldn't find anything online.

These are from Medscape, NCBI, WebMd

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7096066/

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...-lung-problems

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/928160

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/928236

For now I will take words of doctor @moghul

Essential part but protocol SOPs for Ventilator use may change in coming weeks.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    shoaib actor ....

The Griffins ....

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are spreading all kind of non-sense and its not helping anyone, causing more confusion .These kind of "news" are more dangerous in countries like Pakistan and India where people believe everything said on social media. Yes anyone on ventilators due to covid 19 infection has high risk of dying but a large number of patients particularly those with no history of serious health problem are getting better. Today we reviewed out weekly report, in our university hospital , this week we have highest number of patients came out of ventilators and improved compared to previous weeks. And we are at the epicenter of this infection dealing with the sickest ones. Hope this trend will continue.
    That's good to know. These assertions are dangerous as @Savak did mention that he has family members that are doctors in Pakistan and if that's what their approach is then that's endangering the lives of Pakistanis.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeez...will someone put him out of his misery and get him an Indian passport already ?

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4736 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    That's good to know. These assertions are dangerous as @Savak did mention that he has family members that are doctors in Pakistan and if that's what their approach is then that's endangering the lives of Pakistanis.
    Savak said what he said primarily because he's a massive Akhtar groupie. From where I am though, there have been concerns surrounding the effectiveness of the treatment, we never see our elders again once they are taken to the hospital, I have a close relative who isn't really old but had some health concerns in the past on his last legs, the machine isn't helping and we don't know if it has been a detriment either

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem is that ventilator is a complicated machine, particularly the more sophisticated ones needed to treat covid 19 patients. Almost all the ICU doctors in western world agree on the fact that this the most difficult disease to oxygenate the patient they have ever faced in their life time and my experience is the same .

We have learnt a lot over last 3-4 weeks about this condition but we are far from knowing enough and are still struggling to find the best way to provide enough oxygen to all the ventilated patients even with the most sophisticated ventilators and other machines like ECMO.

Having a ventilator is not enough, you need a well trained doctor and a respiratory therapist otherwise having a ventilator is less useful and patient survival rate is lower.

Pakistan has a large number of great physician and surgeon, many of them foreign trained but not enough doctors capable of managing C19 patients on ventilator beyond a certain stage, simply due to the fact they have not dealt with this condition before. Same is true for Indian doctors and others from the countries with little experience with C19 infection.

But Pakistani doctors are catching up fast and getting ready. We have conferences with them through Zoom on daily basis and have been sharing our experience with them.

When a patient cannot breath , the only hope for him/her is a ventilator and many of them would get better without the need for more complicated and sophisticated mode of ventilation .

But for Pakistanis, their best defense is prevention, prevention and nothing but prevention .

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't play the nice guy now, we need it more at home. I fear for a great surge among Indians in the 2nd wave. We need it at all cost.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Realromeo View Post
    Don't play the nice guy now, we need it more at home. I fear for a great surge among Indians in the 2nd wave. We need it at all cost.
    Keep your ventilators, no one other than this deranged loudmouth for hire is asking for them. Take him to India and give him a job already.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman