Wisden Cricket Monthly

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 641 to 681 of 681
  1. #641
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    10,167
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    Congrats Team Cannons.
    To consolidate Top 2 finish we need to win one more.

    We have 2 boosts.Next match is against Assassins who have 3 boosts and last against Tigers who will have 3 boosts against us.

    I think we need to target round 9 and if it doesn't end up well for us we can still prepare a Spicy/Devilish pitch for round 10 against Tigers.
    Save those boosts for Tigers..


    subhan allh walhamdullh w la ailh ailaa allh w allh aakbar
    Loose Cannons CC | PPCL 2020 Season 1 FC CHAMPIONS | #CannonsFire

  2. #642
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    10,167
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Go for devilish pitch for this match

  3. #643
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,845
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    Go for devilish pitch for this match
    You want us to Bat First ?

  4. #644
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,845
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be a Dry Pitch for last match against Tigers.

  5. #645
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,845
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Smbhayi @Geil , have selected ROAD for Tigers. Winning this game means we get a Home Semifinal and therefore can also select Pitch Variation in Semi.

    @TeymurBlake (Super Batsman Boost)
    @Titan24
    @Azan Basit (Super Batsman Boost)
    @last_knight (C)
    @Afhan Ali (WK)
    @as-95
    @Smbhayi (VC)
    @Azlan Khan
    @Ismailtoca
    @silentkiller187
    @Geil

    BOWL FIRST

  6. #646
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    10,167
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    They've opted for Normal.. I think we should use all boosts in bat here?

  7. #647
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    10,167
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    @Azan Basit Boost
    @last_knight
    @as-95
    @TeymurBlake Boost
    @Titan24 Boost
    @Afhan Ali
    @Geil
    @Smbhayi
    @silentkiller187
    @Ismailtoca
    #Herath
    Bat First


    Or

    #Hafeez Boost
    @last_knight
    @Titan24
    @Azan Basit Boost
    @TeymurBlake Boost
    @Afhan Ali
    @as-95
    @Geil
    @Smbhayi
    @silentkiller187
    Herath
    Bat First

  8. #648
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    10,167
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Batting first due to we mostly struggles against spinners in death overs..

  9. #649
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,845
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    Batting first due to we mostly struggles against spinners in death overs..
    Bat First and I will swap position with @Azan Basit who will open.

    @Azan Basit (Boost)
    #Hafeez (Boost)
    @last_knight
    @Titan24
    @TeymurBlake (Boost)
    @Afhan Ali
    @as-95
    @Geil
    @Smbhayi
    @silentkiller187
    #Herath


    Bat First

  10. #650
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,845
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Win in Semi Final.
    Congrats all.

    @Smbhayi @Geil @silentkiller187 @Azan Basit @Titan24 @TeymurBlake @Afhan Ali @as-95 @Azlan Khan @Ismailtoca

    One final front to conquer #BatWorld Arena
    Last edited by last_knight; 16th July 2020 at 23:10.

  11. #651
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,244
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    our journey have seen it all with dominating cricket in FC to losing games in ODI and finally again qualifying again by beating the most dominating ODI/T20 side, we have seen it all

    GOOD JOB!

  12. #652
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,845
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geil View Post
    our journey have seen it all with dominating cricket in FC to losing games in ODI and finally again qualifying again by beating the most dominating ODI/T20 side, we have seen it all

    GOOD JOB!
    We had plans for ODIs after mid season but varying Dynamics of Boosts ruined all the plans.

  13. #653
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,845
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Smbhayi is the mind behind wins.
    Bro, you have been spot on with strategy and boosts.

  14. #654
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    2,172
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well Done lads. Great win against Misbah United. Lets go, one more game to go.

  15. #655
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,845
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Smbhayi @Geil
    suggestions for line up and toss call ?
    I suggest we play with 2 Super Bats

    >. Should we boost Hafeez ?
    or Play Herath and boost @Ismailtoca
    >. Bat First or Bowl First

    Normal Pitch.
    Good Bounce,Seam,Swing,Spin
    Deterioration Normal.

  16. #656
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,845
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @last_knight (C)
    @Afhan Ali (WK)
    @TeymurBlake (Super Batsman Boost)
    @Titan24
    @Azan Basit (Super Batsman Boost)
    @as-95
    @Ismailtoca (Super Bowler Boost)
    @Smbhayi (VC)
    #Rangana Herath
    @Geil
    @silentkiller187

    Bat First

  17. #657
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,244
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even in T20 especially on a normal pitch on multiple stadiums we've seen wickets falling and a need for an AR to have a batting depth till number 7, so I would say consider it before finalizing the line up whether to include an AR or not

  18. #658
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,845
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geil View Post
    Even in T20 especially on a normal pitch on multiple stadiums we've seen wickets falling and a need for an AR to have a batting depth till number 7, so I would say consider it before finalizing the line up whether to include an AR or not
    Stokesy on his way to score a Double Hundred
    He is in form. We can Double Boost him.

  19. #659
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,244
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    Stokesy on his way to score a Double Hundred
    He is in form. We can Double Boost him.
    Also PB has some not so good memories of stokes playing against them , between also one more doubt is who would be more useful at Batworld arena a super bowler or a super spinner,

    If we look at our squad we have three diamond fast bowlers who we could say are more or less equivalent to a super fast bowler but we dont have a super/diamond spinner but the question is, would boosting a spinner required or not?

  20. #660
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,845
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geil View Post
    Also PB has some not so good memories of stokes playing against them , between also one more doubt is who would be more useful at Batworld arena a super bowler or a super spinner,

    If we look at our squad we have three diamond fast bowlers who we could say are more or less equivalent to a super fast bowler but we dont have a super/diamond spinner but the question is, would boosting a spinner required or not?
    Damage has to be done upfront. Super Spinner bowling during mid game will just bowl economical spell but won't take alot of wickets. We can boost Hafeez though as Pure AR. And use other 2 boost for Super bats.
    or we play Herath without Boost.

    Eitherway @Ismailtoca will have to play, unless Stokes scores a 250 and Take a 5-fer


  21. #661
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    10,167
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I think its a good idea to play all specialist here.. Consider this will be a good pitch to bat on..

  22. #662
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,845
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    I think its a good idea to play all specialist here.. Consider this will be a good pitch to bat on..
    Thats why I'm doing a Dhoni 2011 and batting in the top order. Captain's knock coming up.

    Defend or Chase, Still undecided about toss call.

  23. #663
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    9,704
    Mentioned
    3849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Gonna be 150-160 pitch

  24. #664
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,845
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddgenius View Post
    Gonna be 150-160 pitch
    This only means we will have to score 190.

  25. #665
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    9,704
    Mentioned
    3849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    This only means we will have to score 190.
    Not gonna happen. This would be like a spicy pitch on most ground settings with bounce, swing, seam, spin everything above average

  26. #666
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    9,704
    Mentioned
    3849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    An AR is a must on such pitches

  27. #667
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,845
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddgenius View Post
    An AR is a must on such pitches
    We are thinking to not play an AR. I have posted the line up above and we will bat first.

  28. #668
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    9,704
    Mentioned
    3849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    We are thinking to not play an AR. I have posted the line up above and we will bat first.
    Commiserations in advance

  29. #669
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,845
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddgenius View Post
    Commiserations in advance
    That's what everyone thought when Cannons opted to bat first against MU at a venue where it has been impossible to defend.

    And that's what everyone said when Cannons dropped Stokes from FC match (Final) vs Boyz.

  30. #670
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    9,704
    Mentioned
    3849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    That's what everyone thought when Cannons opted to bat first against MU at a venue where it has been impossible to defend.

    And that's what everyone said when Cannons dropped Stokes from FC match (Final) vs Boyz.
    Answer is unpredictability of the sim

  31. #671
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,845
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    @last_knight (C)
    @Afhan Ali (WK)
    @TeymurBlake (Super Batsman Boost)
    @Titan24
    @Azan Basit (Super Batsman Boost)
    @as-95
    @Ismailtoca (Super Bowler Boost)
    @Smbhayi (VC)
    #Rangana Herath
    @Geil
    @silentkiller187

    Bat First
    Posting this after 1 hour.

  32. #672
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    37,307
    Mentioned
    3448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Thank you Cannons - utmost respect for you guys @last_knight @Geil @Smbhayi

    Love you all as brothers


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  33. #673
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,244
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Thank you Cannons - utmost respect for you guys @last_knight @Geil @Smbhayi

    Love you all as brothers
    Likewise

  34. #674
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,845
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well played everyone and thank you for continuously providing support and confidence. I'm pleased that Cannons aren't a one man army and everytime it was someone new who stood up and won us the match.

  35. #675
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    10,167
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Brilliant season for us.. And special thanks to @last_knight and @Geil who makes this team to a special one..

  36. #676
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,244
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @last_knight @ Smbhayi it has been awesome experience playing alongside u guys, First I used to think PPCL league is all about bringing down opponents with trash talk and all but its much more than that, u can enjoy the cricket part with strategies and trying to outdo the sim unpredictability and just can enjoy the cricket part, Smbhayi is 90 % right on predicting the unpredictable sim and the remaining 10 % is completed by our kaptan who is a very deep thinker IMO

    See you until next time

  37. #677
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    3,762
    Mentioned
    1217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geil View Post
    @last_knight @ Smbhayi it has been awesome experience playing alongside u guys, First I used to think PPCL league is all about bringing down opponents with trash talk and all but its much more than that, u can enjoy the cricket part with strategies and trying to outdo the sim unpredictability and just can enjoy the cricket part, Smbhayi is 90 % right on predicting the unpredictable sim and the remaining 10 % is completed by our kaptan who is a very deep thinker IMO

    See you until next time
    Enjoyed your commentary this season, bro! You’ve been a vital part providing key insight and analysis to keep us on our toes throughout.

  38. #678
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,845
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Proceedings for Season 2 is starting with Retention picks.

    Maximum 5 players can be retained, including Captain and VC.

    imho @Smbhayi should lead Loose Cannons in season 2. I will continue with procedures of Posting the line up and other stuff as a VC.

    Retention Picks.
    @Smbhayi
    @last_knight
    @Geil
    @Azan Basit
    @TeymurBlake

    And at draft we will try to pick @as-95 @silentkiller187 and @Titan24 @Afhan Ali

    One reason of inactivity is when players actually wanted to be in another team. This could be the reason for inactivity of many players from all teams. @Ismailtoca and @Azlan Khan were not active during season 1. If other teams don't pick them we will try to retain same Squad + 1-2 from new sign ups.

  39. #679
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,244
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I"d say do not retain 5 players, retain only 2 or maximum three, the reason being getting priority over other teams in starting of selection of draft players in the draft pick

    The team with less retained players will have the opportunity to pick first the players available in the draft over the teams who have already retained maximum of five players

    I would say also ask each & every player if they wish to be associated with Loose cannons if not dont retain them, if they wish to then use the maximum 5 players

    me personally I will leave the decision of retaining me or not to the captains of LC

  40. #680
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,845
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geil View Post
    I"d say do not retain 5 players, retain only 2 or maximum three, the reason being getting priority over other teams in starting of selection of draft players in the draft pick

    The team with less retained players will have the opportunity to pick first the players available in the draft over the teams who have already retained maximum of five players

    I would say also ask each & every player if they wish to be associated with Loose cannons if not dont retain them, if they wish to then use the maximum 5 players

    me personally I will leave the decision of retaining me or not to the captains of LC
    I think I and @Smbhayi will continue at Loose Cannons.
    Next 3 suggested retention picks are :

    @Geil (thats confirmed as you passed it onto Captain and VC who will love to retain you )

    @Azan Basit (reason ; At season 1 draft, He wanted to be in Loose Cannons squad )
    @TeymurBlake (Was with @Smbhayi at Quetta Gladiators)

    If a player wants to go in drafts its his right and in that case his decision will be respected and he won't be retained.

    And we have to pick @The_KING

  41. #681
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    107
    Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be a pleasure for me to continue with the Cannons.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •