Will you take the vaccine for Covid-19?


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will you take the vaccine for Covid-19?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    50 86.21%
  • No

    8 13.79%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 996
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    41,424
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Will you take the vaccine for Covid-19?

    If the vaccine is not mandatory, will you take it?

    @mods Please add a poll.


    I wont be taking any vaccine, I dont even take paracetamol. I will rely on my bodies own immune system to overcome this.

    You?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  2. #2
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    33,634
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Immediately. This virus is a killer. It would be mad not to.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    8,798
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    If the vaccine is not mandatory, will you take it?

    @mods Please add a poll.


    I wont be taking any vaccine, I dont even take paracetamol. I will rely on my bodies own immune system to overcome this.

    You?
    Will your immune system fight it off for the people you pass it on to?


    Better luck next time

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    174,869
    Mentioned
    2924 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I will have a look for about a month or so to see how it does before getting in the queue!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    41,424
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    Will your immune system fight it off for the people you pass it on to?
    Not my problem. Its up to them to keep themselves safe or take the vaccine.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  6. #6
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    8,798
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Not my problem. Its up to them to keep themselves safe or take the vaccine.
    Very compassionate of you.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    41,424
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Immediately. This virus is a killer. It would be mad not to.
    Even if the vaccine has side effects?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  8. #8
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    18,792
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally don't like vaccines but I may make an exception for COVID-19.

    So, I am likely to take the vaccine.

    If it was only about me, I might not have taken it. But, due to safeties of others, I am willing to take it.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 16th May 2020 at 02:04.


    Bangladeshi Man

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    8,798
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Even if the vaccine has side effects?
    You never mentioned a safety profile in your post.

    You said that you wonít take as your young and your immune system will fight it off.

    You said itís not your problem if people died from you transmitting the virus.

    If the safety profile is poor, no body should have it. Governments might rush it through due to their financial interests which will be the true crime and they should be held accountable.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    33,634
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Not my problem. Its up to them to keep themselves safe or take the vaccine.
    You have a responsibility to us all.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    12,968
    Mentioned
    978 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    No, more than happy to trust my system to do the job.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    41,424
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    You never mentioned a safety profile in your post.

    You said that you won’t take as your young and your immune system will fight it off.

    You said it’s not your problem if people died from you transmitting the virus.

    If the safety profile is poor, no body should have it. Governments might rush it through due to their financial interests which will be the true crime and they should be held accountable.
    Threads do advance.



    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    You have a responsibility to us all.
    Not if Im putting something in my body which may harm me. Unless they can prove it will cause no harm to me, I wont be taking it. Vaccine manufacturers are saved if their vaccines kill people.

    You both want me to get sick or possibly die because of others? You're having a laugh.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  13. #13
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    8,798
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Threads do advance.





    Not if Im putting something in my body which may harm me. Unless they can prove it will cause no harm to me, I wont be taking it. Vaccine manufacturers are saved if their vaccines kill people.

    You both want me to get sick or possibly die because of others? You're having a laugh.
    Hopefully, you wonít laugh when people die due to your negligence.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    41,424
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    Hopefully, you wonít laugh when people die due to your negligence.
    Its not negligence if its not mandatory.

    I've given my reason and its simple, I will not take anything which may cause ill health to me. Or can you guarantee it wont?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  15. #15
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    8,798
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Its not negligence if its not mandatory.

    I've given my reason and its simple, I will not take anything which may cause ill health to me. Or can you guarantee it wont?
    Itís not negligent if itís not mandatory? That a new definition of negligent.

    Thatís fine.

    Hopefully, your elderly relatives will appreciate your position.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    33,634
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post

    Not if Im putting something in my body which may harm me. Unless they can prove it will cause no harm to me, I wont be taking it. Vaccine manufacturers are saved if their vaccines kill people.

    You both want me to get sick or possibly die because of others? You're having a laugh.
    I had the yellow fever jab and felt rough for a week. Better to feel rough than get yellow fever.

    If I get a jab, feel a bit rough and then cannot infect anyone else with COVID I will have done my bit to defeat this awful scourge.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    426
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    People should simply not be given an option in pandemics. The common person does not have enough knowledge to make a decision that impacts health, society, and the economy to this extent. Its my opinion that this vaccine should be made mandatory. Vaccines are only effective when almost everyone has taken it - read the concept of herd immunity.

    Of course, this means that both efficacy AND safety must be vigorously tested before a vaccine is released. But when it is, we shouldn't leave this decision in the hands of individuals who just do not have the background to make such a decision.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    41,424
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    It’s not negligent if it’s not mandatory? That a new definition of negligent.

    That’s fine.

    Hopefully, your elderly relatives will appreciate your position.

    If it's a choice, I have the choice not to.

    I dont have any elderly relatives who live with me. I wont visit any if the pandemic is still ongoing and even when I do I wont sit next to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I had the yellow fever jab and felt rough for a week. Better to feel rough than get yellow fever.

    If I get a jab, feel a bit rough and then cannot infect anyone else with COVID I will have done my bit to defeat this awful scourge.
    We dont know the side effects of the vaccine to come. If there is a risk for serious illness or any risk at all, i wont take it. Unless its proven totally safe which I doubt will be the case.

    Everyone has a right to refuse anything entering their body esp a vaccine.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    41,424
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taaya View Post
    People should simply not be given an option in pandemics. The common person does not have enough knowledge to make a decision that impacts health, society, and the economy to this extent. Its my opinion that this vaccine should be made mandatory. Vaccines are only effective when almost everyone has taken it - read the concept of herd immunity.

    Of course, this means that both efficacy AND safety must be vigorously tested before a vaccine is released. But when it is, we shouldn't leave this decision in the hands of individuals who just do not have the background to make such a decision.
    Herd immunity is believed to be when 60% of the population have had the virus and become immune. This is not the same as a vaccine but I get your point. You are asking everyone to trust governments, the same governments who have leaders suggesting injecting yourself with dissinfected and the same leadrers who are killing children by blowing them up from their jets. Different governments will have different vaccines most likely, some are suggesting no vaccine may be found which saves people. Which nation to you reside in and what if no vaccine is found? What will you take then?

    The virus is also not fully understood even after months now, so any vaccines produced may do more damage than good.

    Maybe if millions take the vaccine, show no serious side effects after a few years , I may reconsider. At the moment, Id rather stay healthy myself until things are more clear.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    8,798
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    If it's a choice, I have the choice not to.

    I dont have any elderly relatives who live with me. I wont visit any if the pandemic is still ongoing and even when I do I wont sit next to them.



    We dont know the side effects of the vaccine to come. If there is a risk for serious illness or any risk at all, i wont take it. Unless its proven totally safe which I doubt will be the case.

    Everyone has a right to refuse anything entering their body esp a vaccine.
    No doubt itís your choice.

    However, your choice has consequences.

    If you can live with your actions leading to the death of hundreds then so be it. But you acknowledge that you are happy with this outcome.

    Itís about taking ownership of our actions.


    Better luck next time

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    41,424
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    No doubt it’s your choice.

    However, your choice has consequences.

    If you can live with your actions leading to the death of hundreds then so be it. But you acknowledge that you are happy with this outcome.

    It’s about taking ownership of our actions.
    This is an assumption. I could assume(more sensible), Ive had it and now are immune. If so, do I still need to take the vaccine?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  22. #22
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    4,408
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Herd immunity is believed to be when 60% of the population have had the virus and become immune. This is not the same as a vaccine but I get your point. You are asking everyone to trust governments, the same governments who have leaders suggesting injecting yourself with dissinfected and the same leadrers who are killing children by blowing them up from their jets. Different governments will have different vaccines most likely, some are suggesting no vaccine may be found which saves people. Which nation to you reside in and what if no vaccine is found? What will you take then?

    The virus is also not fully understood even after months now, so any vaccines produced may do more damage than good.

    Maybe if millions take the vaccine, show no serious side effects after a few years , I may reconsider. At the moment, Id rather stay healthy myself until things are more clear.
    The herd immunity concept is mainly based on vaccines (that is injecting inactivated antigen to produce antibodies, thereby giving protection against a specific disease). If 60-70% develop antibodies they protect the rest of the individuals who were unable to get the vaccines from the disease.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    41,424
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaayal View Post
    The herd immunity concept is mainly based on vaccines (that is injecting inactivated antigen to produce antibodies, thereby giving protection against a specific disease). If 60-70% develop antibodies they protect the rest of the individuals who were unable to get the vaccines from the disease.
    Vaccine can be part of herd immunity but there is also natural immunity. No vaccine was even tested when some governments inc the UK decided to go the herd immunity route.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  24. #24
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    8,798
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    This is an assumption. I could assume(more sensible), Ive had it and now are immune. If so, do I still need to take the vaccine?
    Itís not an assumption.

    Those are the potential consequences of not having the vaccine. If you take a stance, you have to take ownership of your actions.

    You seem to not want to do this.

    More sensibly? Sure.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    4,408
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Vaccine can be part of herd immunity but there is also natural immunity. No vaccine was even tested when some governments inc the UK decided to go the herd immunity route.
    Herd immunity is the natural journey of an epidemic. Itís attained either through a vaccine or a direct exposure to a potential pathogen that can even kill an individual if his/her innate immunity is weak. UK knew it was impossible to develop a vaccine in this short period of time and they thought they will expose everyone to virus to develop antibodies. But they misjudged the fatality rate in vulnerable people and are now paying the price.

    Even after rampant infection and death in Spain, only 5% of the population has developed antibodies against Covid19. If the percentage of infected people who eventually die is around 1.1%, as the study suggests, the cost in human lives of herd immunity would be between 200,000 and 300,000, making the method unacceptable. Epidemiologists consulted by this newspaper said that social distancing measures must remain in place until a vaccine becomes available.


    https://english.elpais.com/society/2...ronavirus.html

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    41,424
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    It’s not an assumption.

    Those are the potential consequences of not having the vaccine. If you take a stance, you have to take ownership of your actions.

    You seem to not want to do this.

    More sensibly? Sure.
    I did in my first response. My ownership is simple, I will not allow anything to enter my body which may cause me illnesses or worse. Im a healthy person, rarely even get the flu, cant remember the last time. I will not risk this to myself for others. If you want to go for it. But there is no point repeating the same thing , it's not debating but passing time.


    Back on topic.

    This is interesting, people should have all the knowledge before taking anything.

    Self-reported vaccination for the current season was associated with a trend (P < 0.10) toward higher viral shedding in fine-aerosol samples; vaccination with both the current and previous year’s seasonal vaccines, however, was significantly associated with greater fine-aerosol shedding in unadjusted and adjusted models (P < 0.01). In adjusted models, we observed 6.3 (95% CI 1.9–21.5) times more aerosol shedding among cases with vaccination in the current and previous season compared with having no vaccination in those two seasons
    https://www.pnas.org/content/115/5/1081.full


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  27. #27
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    8,798
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I did in my first response. My ownership is simple, I will not allow anything to enter my body which may cause me illnesses or worse. Im a healthy person, rarely even get the flu, cant remember the last time. I will not risk this to myself for others. If you want to go for it. But there is no point repeating the same thing , it's not debating but passing time.


    Back on topic.

    This is interesting, people should have all the knowledge before taking anything.



    https://www.pnas.org/content/115/5/1081.full
    So you accept that your actions may lead to the death of hundreds?

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    41,424
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaayal View Post
    Herd immunity is the natural journey of an epidemic. It’s attained either through a vaccine or a direct exposure to a potential pathogen that can even kill an individual if his/her innate immunity is weak. UK knew it was impossible to develop a vaccine in this short period of time and they thought they will expose everyone to virus to develop antibodies. But they misjudged the fatality rate in vulnerable people and are now paying the price.

    Even after rampant infection and death in Spain, only 5% of the population has developed antibodies against Covid19. If the percentage of infected people who eventually die is around 1.1%, as the study suggests, the cost in human lives of herd immunity would be between 200,000 and 300,000, making the method unacceptable. Epidemiologists consulted by this newspaper said that social distancing measures must remain in place until a vaccine becomes available.


    https://english.elpais.com/society/2...ronavirus.html
    I know the view is with the vaccine less people will die with herd immunity. But this can be achieved by natural immunity too. Again, this virus is not even fully understood atm so I wont take any vaccine, I'd rather have the virus, recover and gain immunity. Most people can also be treated and recover, it's the poor health systems which are doing more damage. Besides the vaccines dont work for all, they only help your immune system, mine is strong from experience since I was born. If a new virus appears which is different, I might recosider.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    41,424
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    So you accept that your actions may lead to the death of hundreds?
    No this is your assumption. I believe once I have it , I will be immune and wont pass it onto anyone.

    Move on, as once again you are not giving any debatable information but are trying to make me feel guilty, which is hillarious.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  30. #30
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    8,798
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    No this is your assumption. I believe once I have it , I will be immune and wont pass it onto anyone.

    Move on, as once again you are not giving any debatable information but are trying to make me feel guilty, which is hillarious.
    Sure, your guilt is my priority. (Sarcasm)

    I care for the lives you will put at risk.

    But itís simple you want to proclaim your stance but at the same time you wish to disassociate from its consequences.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    4,408
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I know the view is with the vaccine less people will die with herd immunity. But this can be achieved by natural immunity too. Again, this virus is not even fully understood atm so I wont take any vaccine, I'd rather have the virus, recover and gain immunity. Most people can also be treated and recover, it's the poor health systems which are doing more damage. Besides the vaccines dont work for all, they only help your immune system, mine is strong from experience since I was born. If a new virus appears which is different, I might recosider.
    Considering you are against the vaccine and is believed to have a strong immune system, I would advise you to directly contract the virus (astahgfirullah), stay in isolation for 28 days minimum and then come out to the Public. Thatís the least you and the other anti vax brigade can do for the protection of the vulnerable sections of the society who canít take vaccine (ie; the cancer patients, HIV +ves ,immunocompromised patients etc).

  32. #32
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    8,798
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaayal View Post
    Considering you are against the vaccine and is believed to have a strong immune system, I would advise you to directly contract the virus (astahgfirullah), stay in isolation for 28 days minimum and then come out to the Public. Thatís the least you and the other anti vax brigade can do for the protection of the vulnerable sections of the society who canít take vaccine (ie; the cancer patients, HIV +ves ,immunocompromised patients etc).
    Provided immunity is for a sustained period.

    Anecdotal evidence seems to suggest this might not be the case.

    So, even after 28 day isolation there is no
    Guarantee of long term immunity.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    4,571
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    So you accept that your actions may lead to the death of hundreds?
    If its not for the death of 100s then we should atleast be concerned about being affected and bringing it home to affect your own family, especially if you live with eldars.

    even if your immune system overcomes it, what happens if others in your household dont.

    just read this article

    'My dad died from coronavirus and I might have brought it home to him'

    "When it first happened, I thought - a couple of hundred have died - it's not my dad, it's not anyone I know. Then all of a sudden it is someone you know. And that's when you realise this is real. This is a serious thing."

    https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...-aunt-11984051


    If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Yonge-Dundas
    Runs
    9,212
    Mentioned
    1070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You are a complete knucklehead if you refuse to take the vaccine.


    You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan, designed and directed by his red right hand.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    8,798
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetroDollars View Post
    If its not for the death of 100s then we should atleast be concerned about being affected and bringing it home to affect your own family, especially if you live with eldars.

    even if your immune system overcomes it, what happens if others in your household dont.

    just read this article

    'My dad died from coronavirus and I might have brought it home to him'

    "When it first happened, I thought - a couple of hundred have died - it's not my dad, it's not anyone I know. Then all of a sudden it is someone you know. And that's when you realise this is real. This is a serious thing."

    https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...-aunt-11984051
    Heart breaking.

    Iíve lost quite a few patients well before their time.


    Better luck next time

  36. #36
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    4,158
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I wont be taking any vaccine, I dont even take paracetamol. I will rely on my bodies own immune system to overcome this.
    So you haven't taken the BCG vaccine or any other vaccine either. Does your body also have its gloves up against antibiotics too

  37. #37
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    33,634
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    No this is your assumption. I believe once I have it , I will be immune and wont pass it onto anyone.

    Move on, as once again you are not giving any debatable information but are trying to make me feel guilty, which is hillarious.
    Once you have it you may die like 35,000 other Britons have already. You are likely to give it to three other people. One of then may die and if not may suffer permanent lung and kidney damage.

    And yes you should feel guilt because you are being selfish. We are trying to persuade you to be responsible to other people.

    If we all behave like you say you are, half a million of us would be dead before your herd immunity kicked in.

    This virus is not going away. The only way to manage it in the longer term is mass vaccination, perhaps every couple of years like the flu jab.

    Why do you think you are safe from tuberculosis, polio and smallpox?

  38. #38
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    174,869
    Mentioned
    2924 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    Provided immunity is for a sustained period.

    Anecdotal evidence seems to suggest this might not be the case.

    So, even after 28 day isolation there is no
    Guarantee of long term immunity.
    that's very concerning.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  39. #39
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    4,408
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    Provided immunity is for a sustained period.

    Anecdotal evidence seems to suggest this might not be the case.

    So, even after 28 day isolation there is no
    Guarantee of long term immunity.
    Can you explain this point? Are you implying reinfection in recovered cases?

  40. #40
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    8,798
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaayal View Post
    Can you explain this point? Are you implying reinfection in recovered cases?
    There is anecdotal evidence to suggest reinfection or reactivation. We donít have sufficient data to say conclusively.

    Whether exposure to a higher viral load or a different port of entry play a role in a second infection, is something that is being looked in to.

    Like I said, itís anecdotal at the moment, which is to be expected, as weíre still learning about it. I just wouldnít go around thinking simply because youíve had it that youíre immune for life.


    Better luck next time

  41. #41
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    765
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank God idiocy is not contagious.

    This is why OP is my favorite poster here. Effortlessly and invariably hilarious.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,489
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will take it as long as its made properly with no side effects.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    33,634
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzam View Post
    I will take it as long as its made properly with no side effects.
    It might give you mild symptoms, like the yellow fever jab did me. Better mild symptoms than an isolation ward and a ventilator.

    I know I have had - BCG for tuberculosis, Sabin for Polio, tetanus, Hepatitis, yellow fever. Dunno if I ever had MMR - Mum couldn't remember. I cannot remember having measles, mumps or chickenpox so perhaps I had MMR. I hope I did get it because those things are nasty in adulthood.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    4,408
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    There is anecdotal evidence to suggest reinfection or reactivation. We donít have sufficient data to say conclusively.

    Whether exposure to a higher viral load or a different port of entry play a role in a second infection, is something that is being looked in to.

    Like I said, itís anecdotal at the moment, which is to be expected, as weíre still learning about it. I just wouldnít go around thinking simply because youíve had it that youíre immune for life.
    Reinfection is a myth seriously no concrete evidence as of now. But if we become late in developing vaccines then there is a possibility of mutation and development of new strains. Hope we will be able to find a vaccine by the mid of 2021 and this thing will be under our control.

    In all those rumoured reinfection cases especially in South Korea, the problem is in the way they interpreted the rtPCR results. PCR is never a test of infectiousness. They say false positive after recovery but actually PCR only testing the presence of Nucleic Acids and it wonít give you an opinion on whether the virus is replicating and infectious. So it was actually true positive. Here what happened was in between two samples, the test missed the RNA fragments and gave a false negative that gave the impression that viral RNA has been completely cleared. So when they became true positive again people were irrationally alarmed.

    They did a more detailed study to know about this re infection.

    https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/126675...ns-experts-say

    The committee ruled out reactivation of COVID-19 as a reason for relapses and said there was little to no possibility that reinfections would occur due to antibodies that patients develop.
    ďThe process in which COVID-19 produces a new virus takes place only in host cells and does not infiltrate the nucleus. This means it does not cause chronic infection or recurrence,Ē Oh said.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    426
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I know the view is with the vaccine less people will die with herd immunity. But this can be achieved by natural immunity too. Again, this virus is not even fully understood atm so I wont take any vaccine, I'd rather have the virus, recover and gain immunity. Most people can also be treated and recover, it's the poor health systems which are doing more damage. Besides the vaccines dont work for all, they only help your immune system, mine is strong from experience since I was born. If a new virus appears which is different, I might recosider.
    Your logic is quite flawed. You know you have a significantly higher chance of dying or being severely ill from the virus than from a vaccine, right? Even if we ignore the effect of your decision on other people, it doesn't even make sense to take that risk for yourself, if you look at real numbers rather than internal logic. I hope this convinces you to change your mind.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    8,798
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaayal View Post
    Reinfection is a myth seriously no concrete evidence as of now. But if we become late in developing vaccines then there is a possibility of mutation and development of new strains. Hope we will be able to find a vaccine by the mid of 2021 and this thing will be under our control.

    In all those rumoured reinfection cases especially in South Korea, the problem is in the way they interpreted the rtPCR results. PCR is never a test of infectiousness. They say false positive after recovery but actually PCR only testing the presence of Nucleic Acids and it wonít give you an opinion on whether the virus is replicating and infectious. So it was actually true positive. Here what happened was in between two samples, the test missed the RNA fragments and gave a false negative that gave the impression that viral RNA has been completely cleared. So when they became true positive again people were irrationally alarmed.

    They did a more detailed study to know about this re infection.

    https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/126675...ns-experts-say

    The committee ruled out reactivation of COVID-19 as a reason for relapses and said there was little to no possibility that reinfections would occur due to antibodies that patients develop.
    ďThe process in which COVID-19 produces a new virus takes place only in host cells and does not infiltrate the nucleus. This means it does not cause chronic infection or recurrence,Ē Oh said.
    Thanks.


    Better luck next time

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,489
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    It might give you mild symptoms, like the yellow fever jab did me. Better mild symptoms than an isolation ward and a ventilator.

    I know I have had - BCG for tuberculosis, Sabin for Polio, tetanus, Hepatitis, yellow fever. Dunno if I ever had MMR - Mum couldn't remember. I cannot remember having measles, mumps or chickenpox so perhaps I had MMR. I hope I did get it because those things are nasty in adulthood.
    As long as the side effect is treatable I wonít mind it. Anything is better than this virus. For humanities sake we gotta not only protect ourselves but the people around us.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    41,424
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Once you have it you may die like 35,000 other Britons have already. You are likely to give it to three other people. One of then may die and if not may suffer permanent lung and kidney damage.

    And yes you should feel guilt because you are being selfish. We are trying to persuade you to be responsible to other people.

    If we all behave like you say you are, half a million of us would be dead before your herd immunity kicked in.

    This virus is not going away. The only way to manage it in the longer term is mass vaccination, perhaps every couple of years like the flu jab.

    Why do you think you are safe from tuberculosis, polio and smallpox?
    You've not been reading, I have stong immune system. Most people dont die, less than 1%.

    I will not enter anything into my body which may cause me illness.

    Majority of people will NOT take the vaccine, so we are all doomed according to you.

    Dont worry about a random poster on the internet, look after yourself and your loved ones.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    41,424
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taaya View Post
    Your logic is quite flawed. You know you have a significantly higher chance of dying or being severely ill from the virus than from a vaccine, right? Even if we ignore the effect of your decision on other people, it doesn't even make sense to take that risk for yourself, if you look at real numbers rather than internal logic. I hope this convinces you to change your mind.
    lol. I have no chance of dying from this virus.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  50. #50
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    34,923
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Not my problem. Its up to them to keep themselves safe or take the vaccine.
    Are you planning on staying in isolation until 2021? How would you stay at a safe distance from a 6 year old niece or nephew?


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  51. #51
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    30,661
    Mentioned
    4806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    I think it's harsh demonizing folk for their stance due to health concerns, I don't think it is too far fetched the possibility of a vaccine being deployed prematurely in these current times. If however something is safe and proven then I agree that it is sensible but taking something blindly is not productive either.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    9,765
    Mentioned
    617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    Provided immunity is for a sustained period.

    Anecdotal evidence seems to suggest this might not be the case.

    So, even after 28 day isolation there is no
    Guarantee of long term immunity.
    Anecdotes are no evidence. Currently we are six months into the pandemic, there have been no cases of re-infection or re-activation of the virus after recovery.
    Last edited by Arsal_AK; 17th May 2020 at 03:35.

  53. #53
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    34,923
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    Anecdotes are no evidence. Currently we are six months into the pandemic, there have been no cases of re-infection or re-activation of the virus after recovery.
    Must admit I was quite surprised to see a doctor on here that hadn't seen that information, from what I heard as a layman, all the talk of reinfection was considered to be remnant traces of the original virus which was no longer infectious.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    41,424
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Are you planning on staying in isolation until 2021? How would you stay at a safe distance from a 6 year old niece or nephew?
    No

    I would get myself tested and if negative, no issues. If I have any symptoms of any viral illness or anything which can be passed on, I simply dont see them.

    Are you ready to take the vaccine?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    41,424
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    I think it's harsh demonizing folk for their stance due to health concerns, I don't think it is too far fetched the possibility of a vaccine being deployed prematurely in these current times. If however something is safe and proven then I agree that it is sensible but taking something blindly is not productive either.
    We live in a time where people are put under fear so they dont use their common sense and question something. Instead of waiting for a vaccine, they should demand their government provide top class healthcare, where most people can be treated for this virus.

    Those who feel are at risk and want to take the vaccine, I have no issues. It's not the vaccine I have an issue with but for me take something which could make me ill when I'm rarely feeling unwell.

    I also feel the same, if it's proven 100% by science to be safe, sure but if not , never.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  56. #56
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    34,923
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    No

    I would get myself tested and if negative, no issues. If I have any symptoms of any viral illness or anything which can be passed on, I simply dont see them.

    Are you ready to take the vaccine?
    No because there is no vaccine, so how would I be ready? That said, when a vaccine is declared safe and tested, then I would be ready to take it.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    41,424
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    No because there is no vaccine, so how would I be ready? That said, when a vaccine is declared safe and tested, then I would be ready to take it.
    You are ready now, the vaccine isn't. Good luck, let me know how you cope with the side effects.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  58. #58
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    34,923
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    You are ready now, the vaccine isn't. Good luck, let me know how you cope with the side effects.
    You must have missed the first word of the sentence.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  59. #59
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    426
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    lol. I have no chance of dying from this virus.
    Then you are a fool, cause it is foolish to think of yourself superior to the average human being, who can clearly die from this virus. It is not likely, but thinking you have no chance of dying is the type of dangerous behaviour that leads to propagation of this disease.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    41,424
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taaya View Post
    Then you are a fool, cause it is foolish to think of yourself superior to the average human being, who can clearly die from this virus. It is not likely, but thinking you have no chance of dying is the type of dangerous behaviour that leads to propagation of this disease.
    No it's foolish not to do your homework which you haven't done. The average human doesnt die from this. Where did you learn this from, the cartoon network? Its only those with serious underlying health issues or those with weak immune systems, I have neither.

    Educate yourself before taking the vaccine so you can educate those you care about.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    41,424
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    You must have missed the first word of the sentence.
    You are ready to take it when it comes out or at least you say so.

    Lets expand.

    If there is a risk of you becoming seriously ill? Or perhaps a vaccine injury, which you haven't heard of?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  62. #62
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    630
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fun fact, pharmaceutical companies producing covid 19 vaccine have obtained immunity to any lawsuit due to any side effect from their eventual vaccine.
    so nah, no vaccine for me. I look forward to the rest of the world to be used as guinea pigs though.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    1,290
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    You are a complete knucklehead if you refuse to take the vaccine.
    And youíre not a knucklehead to get one? I havenít had a flu jab in years and guess what....

    I will do the test if I had the virus it clearly means I have the right anti bodies in my system and probably all of my family so no need to get vaccinated.

    Can you or your pals guarantee no after effects? I mean how do you know by taking it your chances of other getting conditions later down the line doesnít increase.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    1,290
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    It might give you mild symptoms, like the yellow fever jab did me. Better mild symptoms than an isolation ward and a ventilator.
    It might? Have you actually got any factual information to support this?

    It might give you severe symptoms too. How ironic would it be if more people suffered and died from the vaccine than the virus. My gut feeling is the pharmaceutical companies are not prepared to take the risk unless legally suing them is wavered. So a long time to go before a virus is available.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    9,765
    Mentioned
    617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    And youíre not a knucklehead to get one? I havenít had a flu jab in years and guess what....

    I will do the test if I had the virus it clearly means I have the right anti bodies in my system and probably all of my family so no need to get vaccinated.

    Can you or your pals guarantee no after effects? I mean how do you know by taking it your chances of other getting conditions later down the line doesnít increase.
    How do you know getting the virus doesn't increase the chance of developing conditions later down the line?

  66. #66
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    426
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    No it's foolish not to do your homework which you haven't done. The average human doesnt die from this. Where did you learn this from, the cartoon network? Its only those with serious underlying health issues or those with weak immune systems, I have neither.

    Educate yourself before taking the vaccine so you can educate those you care about.
    I'm a physician practicing in a hospital in Canada. I see patients with COVID first hand. This isn't my "homework" - its my career. I have seen numerous individuals in their 40s and 50s that don't have any chronic health issues that have been critically ill from this virus, and some have died. Apart from what I have seen, I have heard and read about many other similar cases. So once again, you are a fool if you think you have no chance of dying. Those that are elderly with chronic illnesses simply have a higher mortality rate, it doesn't mean the rest of the population is invincible like you seem to think.

    I don't think you're looking to change your mind, no matter if a professional tells you. Suit yourself boss. Cheers.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    9,765
    Mentioned
    617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    You are ready to take it when it comes out or at least you say so.

    Lets expand.

    If there is a risk of you becoming seriously ill? Or perhaps a vaccine injury, which you haven't heard of?
    If there is any such thing, it won't be distributed. We will know beforehand, trails are on going. There is a reason why they do these studies. The people developing the vaccine have taken these things into account, it's their job.

    So far of the four leading candidates there has been no ADE response which is the worst thing that can happen with a vaccine and why they don't move to the next stage.

    These front-runners are based on technologies that have been used for ages. So we know the safety profile already.

    The techniques used don't use the actual live virus. They use an adenoviral vectors (2), which is a technology that had been verified by use in gene therapy as well as vaccines before.

    Another one is an mRNA based vaccine, which has no virus whatsoever just a strand of the spike protein. It's also very safe and that's why they jumped into trials so quickly. The thing to notice now is the efficacy much more so than safety i.e does it actually work. Data is encouraging.

    Finally the last one uses an inactivated virus, again this has been used for ages.

    All these are in trials now which will involve thousands of people before being distributed to general population. Obviously the results will have zero to very mild side effects to even think about going for mass scale vaccination.

    Oxford's vaccine is based on their work on MERS, China's on SARS and Ebola and that's why they moved so quickly. They had years of work already done on those vaccine. It's was just lucky we were in this situation especially in the case of Oxford. The accelerated timeline for these candidates isn't out of thin air. If it were a truly novel virus, we would have been in much deeper trouble.

    This is 2020 not the 19th century that we need 10 years to see if a vaccine works. We know a lot more and we never have had this many people working on the same thing before, brilliant people. To say this should follow the usual timeline is being ignorant of how vaccine development actually works and where we are now in medical science.

    1- Phases are being run in parallel. Which is not generally done. There is no harm in this, the volunteers are willing taking the vaccine.
    2- Money. There is no funding issues. Which speeds the process considerably.
    3- Manufacturing, again any candidate will be produced en mass worldwide, cutting time drastically.
    4- Years of research on coronavirus especially as I said SARS and MERS and the advances in medical technology.

    This is where we are cutting years.

    Finally if you are still not convinced, let me put it this way:
    If you are not sure that the vaccine is much much safer than the virus (which quite clearly is the case in general) because it might cause side effects down the line, even after all the safety measures people working on them will take, then how are you so sure that even a mild viral infection won't cause any, which has no safety protocol whatsoever? The latter surely seems like a bigger gamble.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    33,634
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    No it's foolish not to do your homework which you haven't done. The average human doesnt die from this. Where did you learn this from, the cartoon network? Its only those with serious underlying health issues or those with weak immune systems, I have neither.

    Educate yourself before taking the vaccine so you can educate those you care about.
    Thatís distorting the truth. Certain people are in high-risk groups such as the elderly and diabetics but ďhealthyĒ people have been killed by this thing, or suffer lung scarring or kidney damage.

    If I get the virus I have a good chance of survival, but I will get vaccinated ASAP as I am responsible to everyone else I come into contact with.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    33,634
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    You are ready to take it when it comes out or at least you say so.

    Lets expand.

    If there is a risk of you becoming seriously ill? Or perhaps a vaccine injury, which you haven't heard of?
    There is no such thing as a “vaccine injury”, you are sticking words together without context. You might as well say he is going to suffer from a furry parallelogram.

    So you think you are not at risk from COVID-19 as you are healthy, yet you are going to become seriously ill by taking a lab-prepared weakened form of it. How?

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    4,284
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, of course IF it is mandatory.

    I don't believe in any global vaccine conspiracy.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    4,284
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    Yes, of course IF it is mandatory.

    I don't believe in any global vaccine conspiracy.
    Misread the OP.

    If it is NOT mandatory then I wont take it. Health care experts must have a valid reason for why they didn't make it mandatory.

    It it is NOT mandatory but still HIGHLY recommended for my age group to take it, in order to better protect the more vulnerable group then I might consider taking it. It all depends on the potential side effects and the probability of experiencing them.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    23,356
    Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Its not negligence if its not mandatory.
    Even if it ain't mandatory you'll quickly find that you'll be unable to fly/commute/visit restaurants without a certificate so push will then come to shove.


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  73. #73
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    34,923
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    You are ready to take it when it comes out or at least you say so.

    Lets expand.

    If there is a risk of you becoming seriously ill? Or perhaps a vaccine injury, which you haven't heard of?
    The vaccine might not be ready for a year from what I've read. That in itself suggests that it is going to be vigorously tested before being released to the general public. That gives me some assurance in the medical procedures here. If you have reason to believe that the vaccine might be more harmful than the risk of the virus itself, then I am always open to hearing a more informed view.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    9,765
    Mentioned
    617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Must admit I was quite surprised to see a doctor on here that hadn't seen that information, from what I heard as a layman, all the talk of reinfection was considered to be remnant traces of the original virus which was no longer infectious.
    That is the case. They are detecting the dead viral remnant because the PCR test is very sensitive.

    So far no reinfection which bodes well for vaccines.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    9,765
    Mentioned
    617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    The vaccine might not be ready for a year from what I've read. That in itself suggests that it is going to be vigorously tested before being released to the general public. That gives me some assurance in the medical procedures here. If you have reason to believe that the vaccine might be more harmful than the risk of the virus itself, then I am always open to hearing a more informed view.
    The four I mentioned above might be ready for use in September, especially Oxford's. They have the advantage of having a candidate that is based on their MERS vaccine which has seen successful clinical trials. If it proves efficacy, we will know by mid June with early results, we might get ahead of the virus much sooner.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    41,424
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taaya View Post
    I'm a physician practicing in a hospital in Canada. I see patients with COVID first hand. This isn't my "homework" - its my career. I have seen numerous individuals in their 40s and 50s that don't have any chronic health issues that have been critically ill from this virus, and some have died. Apart from what I have seen, I have heard and read about many other similar cases. So once again, you are a fool if you think you have no chance of dying. Those that are elderly with chronic illnesses simply have a higher mortality rate, it doesn't mean the rest of the population is invincible like you seem to think.

    I don't think you're looking to change your mind, no matter if a professional tells you. Suit yourself boss. Cheers.
    I have no idea if you are who you claim you are and from this post it doesn't seem to be the case.

    Stats shows 312k deaths out of a population of 7 billion. To say it kills normal people in a generlised way is simply a lie.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If there is any such thing, it won't be distributed. We will know beforehand, trails are on going. There is a reason why they do these studies. The people developing the vaccine have taken these things into account, it's their job.

    So far of the four leading candidates there has been no ADE response which is the worst thing that can happen with a vaccine and why they don't move to the next stage.

    These front-runners are based on technologies that have been used for ages. So we know the safety profile already.

    The techniques used don't use the actual live virus. They use an adenoviral vectors (2), which is a technology that had been verified by use in gene therapy as well as vaccines before.

    Another one is an mRNA based vaccine, which has no virus whatsoever just a strand of the spike protein. It's also very safe and that's why they jumped into trials so quickly. The thing to notice now is the efficacy much more so than safety i.e does it actually work. Data is encouraging.

    Finally the last one uses an inactivated virus, again this has been used for ages.

    All these are in trials now which will involve thousands of people before being distributed to general population. Obviously the results will have zero to very mild side effects to even think about going for mass scale vaccination.

    Oxford's vaccine is based on their work on MERS, China's on SARS and Ebola and that's why they moved so quickly. They had years of work already done on those vaccine. It's was just lucky we were in this situation especially in the case of Oxford. The accelerated timeline for these candidates isn't out of thin air. If it were a truly novel virus, we would have been in much deeper trouble.

    This is 2020 not the 19th century that we need 10 years to see if a vaccine works. We know a lot more and we never have had this many people working on the same thing before, brilliant people. To say this should follow the usual timeline is being ignorant of how vaccine development actually works and where we are now in medical science.

    1- Phases are being run in parallel. Which is not generally done. There is no harm in this, the volunteers are willing taking the vaccine.
    2- Money. There is no funding issues. Which speeds the process considerably.
    3- Manufacturing, again any candidate will be produced en mass worldwide, cutting time drastically.
    4- Years of research on coronavirus especially as I said SARS and MERS and the advances in medical technology.

    This is where we are cutting years.

    Finally if you are still not convinced, let me put it this way:
    If you are not sure that the vaccine is much much safer than the virus (which quite clearly is the case in general) because it might cause side effects down the line, even after all the safety measures people working on them will take, then how are you so sure that even a mild viral infection won't cause any, which has no safety protocol whatsoever? The latter surely seems like a bigger gamble.
    Thanks but I know this information.

    Its less of a gamble for me to be infected and gain immunity, im a fit , strong , healthy man with no health issues and a stong immune system.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    That’s distorting the truth. Certain people are in high-risk groups such as the elderly and diabetics but “healthy” people have been killed by this thing, or suffer lung scarring or kidney damage.

    If I get the virus I have a good chance of survival, but I will get vaccinated ASAP as I am responsible to everyone else I come into contact with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    There is no such thing as a “vaccine injury”, you are sticking words together without context. You might as well say he is going to suffer from a furry parallelogram.

    So you think you are not at risk from COVID-19 as you are healthy, yet you are going to become seriously ill by taking a lab-prepared weakened form of it. How?
    I rarely get ill, so why change my rountine?

    Again

    312K deaths so far out of 7 billion people on the planet. Even if 1 Million die, the percentage of people who die will be a very small percentage overall.

    This virus has been vastly overblown by WHO, world governments.

    Because they want to enslave you because they know people are fools, sheep and idiots.


    New question to all.

    If the vaccine has a digital identifiction, will you still take it?

    Dont bother, the same people will still take it. Even if the vaccine may kill them, they will still take and give it to their children, brainwashed, scared humans who really shouldn't be on the planet anyway. Its because of fools like this, Iraq was destroyed based on lies.

    Good Luck to all.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  77. #77
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    4,408
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I have no idea if you are who you claim you are and from this post it doesn't seem to be the case.

    Stats shows 312k deaths out of a population of 7 billion. To say it kills normal people in a generlised way is simply a lie.



    Thanks but I know this information.

    Its less of a gamble for me to be infected and gain immunity, im a fit , strong , healthy man with no health issues and a stong immune system.





    I rarely get ill, so why change my rountine?

    Again

    312K deaths so far out of 7 billion people on the planet. Even if 1 Million die, the percentage of people who die will be a very small percentage overall.

    This virus has been vastly overblown by WHO, world governments.

    Because they want to enslave you because they know people are fools, sheep and idiots.


    New question to all.

    If the vaccine has a digital identifiction, will you still take it?

    Dont bother, the same people will still take it. Even if the vaccine may kill them, they will still take and give it to their children, brainwashed, scared humans who really shouldn't be on the planet anyway. Its because of fools like this, Iraq was destroyed based on lies.

    Good Luck to all.
    Name:  F993B8F7-3CB2-48BF-9007-A130CB1E1776.jpg
Views: 1471
Size:  33.1 KB

  78. #78
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    426
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaayal View Post
    Name:  F993B8F7-3CB2-48BF-9007-A130CB1E1776.jpg
Views: 1471
Size:  33.1 KB
    He is a prime example of the Dunning-Kruger phenomenon.

    Unfortunately in a global pandemic, such individuals can cause significant harm.
    Last edited by Taaya; 18th May 2020 at 05:29.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    33,634
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I have no idea if you are who you claim you are and from this post it doesn't seem to be the case.

    Stats shows 312k deaths out of a population of 7 billion. To say it kills normal people in a generlised way is simply a lie.



    Thanks but I know this information.

    Its less of a gamble for me to be infected and gain immunity, im a fit , strong , healthy man with no health issues and a stong immune system.





    I rarely get ill, so why change my rountine?

    Again

    312K deaths so far out of 7 billion people on the planet. Even if 1 Million die, the percentage of people who die will be a very small percentage overall.

    This virus has been vastly overblown by WHO, world governments.

    Because they want to enslave you because they know people are fools, sheep and idiots.


    New question to all.

    If the vaccine has a digital identifiction, will you still take it?

    Dont bother, the same people will still take it. Even if the vaccine may kill them, they will still take and give it to their children, brainwashed, scared humans who really shouldn't be on the planet anyway. Its because of fools like this, Iraq was destroyed based on lies.

    Good Luck to all.
    If you want to bring a Iraq into it - only a million people died out of six billion so by your criterion no big deal right? Wrong. All lives are worth preserving.

    Sadly the Internet age has made people more ignorant of scientific truth. Anyone can make a conspiracy video which looks credible to people who have not studied science, and so they are misled.

    There is no “vaccine digital identification”. Please stop looking at conspiracy sites and start reading science. New Scientist and Nature magazines are good places to start. Then you will have more understanding, and start asking serious questions.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    33,634
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    The vaccine might not be ready for a year from what I've read. That in itself suggests that it is going to be vigorously tested before being released to the general public. That gives me some assurance in the medical procedures here. If you have reason to believe that the vaccine might be more harmful than the risk of the virus itself, then I am always open to hearing a more informed view.
    They are all vigorously tested. Consider the product liability if they are not. The manufacturers would be sued out of business and the directors sent to jail.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •