Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

South Asia's potential and underachievement till now

Was just watching few political documentaries over the weekend so basically this is a rant from my side as I have kind of given up on peace between India and Pakistan, and as a consequence the whole Subcontinent.

We as a group, have underachieved a lot. Imagine if we had open borders between India,Pakistan,Bangladesh,Nepal etc.

Imagine it was like European Union, trading as a single market bloc with rest of the world.

Imagine the exchange of goods, and trade and commodity exchange because of each region having unique capability.

Imagine the potential of cultural exchange, tourism potential between Himalayan Peeks, the desert of Thar and Sindh and Sundarbans and
    rich legacy of architecture all over the Subcontinent.

We go to Europe to see Roman Architecture, imagine the potential of toursim for Mohenjodaro and Harrapa Civilization.

Imagine is all we can do.. Rant over.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Europe gets along well because they have a shared Christian identity. Europe is a Christian continent.

Subcontinent is a bit too diverse. You have lots of Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists. A lot of the conflicts are religious in nature.

So, I don't think united subcontinent can happen. There are too many differences and agendas.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Queens, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    I think Europe gets along well because they have a shared Christian identity. Europe is a Christian continent.

Subcontinent is a bit too diverse. You have lots of Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists. A lot of the conflicts are religious in nature.

So, I don't think united subcontinent can happen. There are too many differences and agendas.
    Sri Lanka problems with Tamil hindu, Bangladesh problem with Hindus, India Killing Muslims, Pak almost every minority group

Yeah good luck with "United, peaceful SC"

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad that religion must stop the region from flourishing together like the EU. Religion is not ever even considered or discussed in the EU.

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)