User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] Should Imran Khan resign for failure to protect lives on the PIA plane?

Don't shoot me yet.

Watch what he said himself before his time as PM. Should others not ask for the same of him?

This is the ferry disaster he was referring to:

https://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/27/w...ing/index.html

Last edited by MenInG; 23rd May 2020 at 20:30.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And bring back the thieves and the corrupt ones.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. There is no alternative choice unless you want to bring back the same incompetent crooks who robbed the country.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Has any Prime Minister or President of a Western Country ever resigned in such circumstances?

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal_103 View Post
    No. There is no alternative choice unless you want to bring back the same incompetent crooks who robbed the country.
    Might as well keep him for another 10 years if this is your main worry.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should resign for the failure to privatize PIA and other bankrupt state owned enterprises. Government should not be in the business of doing business. Let the private sector run these industries. The examples of PTCL and Banking privatization shows that in capable hands, these companies can be turned around and made profitable once political interferences and influence are removed. Quite pathetic that Imran Khan continues to think nationalization will make these grossly failed SOEs profitable. Pakistan requires bold and decisive actions which he’s unable to deliver. Sadly, the two main opposition dynasties are even worse and criminal minded.

https://twitter.com/beenishtabrez/st...246929921?s=21
    Last edited by chinaman00; 23rd May 2020 at 23:14.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2001 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chinaman00 View Post
    He should resign for the failure to privatize PIA and other bankrupt state owned enterprises. Government should not be in the business of doing business. Let the private sector run these industries. The examples of PTCL and Banking privatization shows that in capable hands, these companies can be turned around and made profitable once political interferences and influence are removed. Quite pathetic that Imran Khan continues to think nationalization will make these grossly failed SOEs profitable. Pakistan requires bold and decisive actions which he’s unable to deliver. Sadly, the two main opposition dynasties are even worse and criminal minded.

https://twitter.com/beenishtabrez/st...246929921?s=21
    Well the plan is to make PIA profitable before selling it off. Nobody is going to buy a failing airline. In 2019 the airline had a gross profit of 12b, first time in a decade or more. So the plan seems to be working out. Unfortunately due to corona all airlines will report losses this year. IK never talked or supported nationalism. Please first educate yourself before giving an opinion, lest someone like me comes around and puts you in your place.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No you haven’t put me in my place and won’t be able to do because you are spewing hot air. Revenue (not profit) went up primarily due to rupee devaluation. PIA still run higher losses compared to the prior year. If you are waiting for PIA to become profitable organization, you will be waiting for a very long time, and at which point it will make no sense to sell a profitable company. I would love to be wrong about PIA’s profitability, but so far there’s been no indication that this is happening despite some sensationalist reports

“The report exposes a very bleak financial picture of PIA, which reported a loss of Rs47.76 billion compared to the preceding year’s loss of Rs44.77 billion. While the national flag carrier’s revenue increased by 2.07 per cent, primarily due to rupee devaluation, the operational costs went up as well.“

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/201...se-in-revenue/

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Queens, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they were doing a good job too the PIA they got out of deficit and stuff so no I mean he should personally take interest in the investigation and publish the report publiclly and stuff off course but resigning nah too much tbh

Besides army wouldn't let him resign either he is a pushover that's why
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 24th May 2020 at 00:52.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Think problem is with the video in Post#1 that its he who set the high moral tone.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan is not perfect but I think he is the best leader Pakistan has had in years.

Besides, plane crashes can happen anywhere.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Would have a Western leader resigned for an air crash?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Don't shoot me yet.

Watch what he said himself before his time as PM. Should others not ask for the same of him?

This is the ferry disaster he was referring to:

https://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/27/w...ing/index.html

This sensationalist clip was being spread by journalists and politicians on twitter hours after the tragedy.

As always with such clips, it's too short and ends abruptly so that you can't figure out what point the speaker was trying to make and in which context.

I read the news and this is what the first paragraph reads:

South Korea's prime minister announced his resignation Sunday morning, taking responsibility for the slow initial reaction to a ferry's sinking that has left nearly 200 dead and scores more still missing.

[...]
    He and the girl's mother and sister are outraged at the government about what they say is a disorganized rescue operation.[...]

A day earlier, divers found the bodies of 48 girls -- wearing their life jackets -- pressed into a room too small for so many people.
    [...]
    A slow sinking ferry is different scenario than a plane crashing in a residential area. In first case many lives can still be saved, while in the second the passengers are dead within seconds. It seems that South Korean had organized a better rescue plan lives could have been rescued.

I'm sure Imran Khan himself was being over the top in his speech but even if we hold him to this standard there is not much similarity between the two incidents.

If the investigations find out that Imran Khan or his government was in anyway responsible for the plane crash and a proper management by the government could have saved lives then perhaps we could talk about his resignation.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Think problem is with the video in Post#1 that its he who set the high moral tone.
    I think most people just read the title of a news and aren't able to properly understand context.

The South Korean story isn't as simple as: There was an accident of a public transport => Country's prime minister resigns.

As far as Imran Khan is concerned, did he ask his opposition to resign because of a plane crash? A genuine question, since I am not aware of the context of his speech.

If so then indeed his standard is ridiculously high and he too didn't understand the reason behind the resignation of the South Korean Prime Minister.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzam View Post
    Might as well keep him for another 10 years if this is your main worry.
    If people vote him in, why not?

What else should be the main worry?

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes he should resign so we have patriots like Mariyam Nawaz and Bilalwal Zardari taking over in the future.