User Tag List

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

"Shahid Afridi should not use offensive words for India's Prime Minister" : Danish Kaneria

Think Before Speaking on Any Matter': Danish Kaneria Slams Shahid Afridi

Danish Kaneria slammed Shahid Afridi for his speech against Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi

Cricketnext Staff |May 26, 2020, 4:00 PM IST

Former Pakistan legspinner Danish Kaneria slammed Shahid Afridi for his speech against Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his recent visit to Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK).

Kaneria, serving a life-ban for spot-fixing in Englandís County cricket, said Afridi should quit all ties with cricket if he wants to be a politician.

"Shahid Afridi should think before speaking on any matter. If he wants to join politics then he should quit all ties with cricket. It is important to stay away from cricket if you are speaking like a politician. Speeches like these create a negative image of Pakistan cricket not only in India but also around the world,Ē Kaneria told India TV.

Kaneria also questioned Afridi's 'friendship' with Indian cricketers like Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh. Afridi had taken the help of the duo recently for his charity work, and Kaneria said it was wrong on his part to talk ill of the Indian Prime Minister in this backdrop.

"He appealed for help from them and after getting the help you end up saying things about their country and PM. What sort of friendship is this?Ē asked Kaneria.

Yuvraj and Harbhajan had blasted Afridi too, saying they'll 'never again' come out to help Afridi.

Really disappointed by @SAfridiOfficialĎs comments on our Honíb PM @Narendramodi ji. As a responsible Indian who has played for the country, I will never accept such words. I made an appeal on your behest for the sake of humanity. But never again.

Jai Hind 🇮🇳

ó yuvraj singh (@YUVSTRONG12) May 17, 2020

Meanwhile, Kaneria hoped cricketing ties between India and Pakistan resume.

"Cricketing ties between the two countries should resume. India and Pakistan have some political tension between them, which the government of both countries should resolve with dialogue so that cricket can return."

Link: https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/n...i-2638159.html

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Think Before Speaking on Any Matter': Danish Kaneria Slams Shahid Afridi

Danish Kaneria slammed Shahid Afridi for his speech against Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi

Cricketnext Staff |May 26, 2020, 4:00 PM IST

Former Pakistan legspinner Danish Kaneria slammed Shahid Afridi for his speech against Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his recent visit to Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK).

Kaneria, serving a life-ban for spot-fixing in England’s County cricket, said Afridi should quit all ties with cricket if he wants to be a politician.

"Shahid Afridi should think before speaking on any matter. If he wants to join politics then he should quit all ties with cricket. It is important to stay away from cricket if you are speaking like a politician. Speeches like these create a negative image of Pakistan cricket not only in India but also around the world,” Kaneria told India TV.

Kaneria also questioned Afridi's 'friendship' with Indian cricketers like Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh. Afridi had taken the help of the duo recently for his charity work, and Kaneria said it was wrong on his part to talk ill of the Indian Prime Minister in this backdrop.

"He appealed for help from them and after getting the help you end up saying things about their country and PM. What sort of friendship is this?” asked Kaneria.

Yuvraj and Harbhajan had blasted Afridi too, saying they'll 'never again' come out to help Afridi.

Really disappointed by @SAfridiOfficial‘s comments on our Hon’b PM @Narendramodi ji. As a responsible Indian who has played for the country, I will never accept such words. I made an appeal on your behest for the sake of humanity. But never again.

Jai Hind ����

— yuvraj singh (@YUVSTRONG12) May 17, 2020

Meanwhile, Kaneria hoped cricketing ties between India and Pakistan resume.

"Cricketing ties between the two countries should resume. India and Pakistan have some political tension between them, which the government of both countries should resolve with dialogue so that cricket can return."

Link: https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/n...i-2638159.html
    Who the hell is Danish to tell Afridi what he can and can't say.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2026 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just like Shoaib Akhtar, Danish Kaneria is also appealing to his fan base from across the border inorder to maximize earnings of the Youtube Channel.

Nothing to see here.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Just like Shoaib Akhtar, Danish Kaneria is also appealing to his fan base from across the border inorder to maximize earnings of the Youtube Channel.

Nothing to see here.
    Why would he have a fan base across the border? Do Indian fans hero worship convicted match fixers?

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Why would he have a fan base across the border? Do Indian fans hero worship convicted match fixers?
    Agreed, every time I see Kohli with his over the top praise for Amir however talented he might be or constantly calling Wasim as one of the greatest bowlers of all time or even some Indian cricket fanatics waiting for the dynamic players like Sharjeel and Umar to make a comeback or every time I hear how talented Asif was etc etc I have the same feel. Totally agree with you on this.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local.Dada View Post
    Agreed, every time I see Kohli with his over the top praise for Amir however talented he might be or constantly calling Wasim as one of the greatest bowlers of all time or even some Indian cricket fanatics waiting for the dynamic players like Sharjeel and Umar to make a comeback or every time I hear how talented Asif was etc etc I have the same feel. Totally agree with you on this.
    No you don't, Wasim wasn't a convicted match fixer, yet he was the first name you vomited out. The others you mentioned all at least have some talent or ability which would make them stand out, Keneria had a pretty poor international career, so that is why I find it hard to understand how he would have an Indian fan base. Although I can hazard a guess....

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No you don't, Wasim wasn't a convicted match fixer, yet he was the first name you vomited out. The others you mentioned all at least have some talent or ability which would make them stand out, Keneria had a pretty poor international career, so that is why I find it hard to understand how he would have an Indian fan base. Although I can hazard a guess....
    Poor international career? as in being the 4th highest wicket taker for Pakistan ever in test cricket.

Considering the enviable bowling culture in Pakistan thatís a pretty solid feat donít you think?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Poor international career? as in being the 4th highest wicket taker for Pakistan ever in test cricket.

Considering the enviable bowling culture in Pakistan that’s a pretty solid feat don’t you think?
    What were his bowling averages?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Tests : 34.8
    ODIs : 46.4

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donít really care. I donít consider Kaneria an ATG by any means but a guy who has nearly 300 test wickets would indicate that the player had some skill level and talent donít you think? As far as being a fixer goes, I was clear on my views on fixers in my post which you probably didnít understand.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Bowling averages of Afridi who was a part time bowler

Tests : 35.6
    ODIs : 34.51
    T20s : 24.45

And most importantly for indian fans Afridi's average in
    IPL : 25

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I donít really care. I donít consider Kaneria an ATG by any means but a guy who has nearly 300 test wickets would indicate that the player had some skill level and talent donít you think? As far as being a fixer goes, I was clear on my views on fixers in my post which you probably didnít understand.
    Many indian fans do not rate Harbhajan Singh also even though he has much better stats than Danish Kaneria.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Many indian fans do not rate Harbhajan Singh also even though he has much better stats than Danish Kaneria.
    How many Indian fans have called Harbhajan as a talentless hack? May be he is underrated and over rated by some. And yes to your point Harbhajan is a league above Kaneria, so what are you trying to say here ?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    How many Indian fans have called Harbhajan as a talentless hack? May be he is underrated and over rated by some. And yes to your point Harbhajan is a league above Kaneria, so what are you trying to say here ?
    It seems you are new to indian cricket.

Also Kaneria had a poor international career. Just because he is a hindu won't change this fact.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Nobody cares what these cricketers think. Afridi, Shoaib Akhtar and Gambhir are especially loudmouth rabble rousers who are more noise and little substance.

If this Covid thing had happened in 2000 and not 2020 there would be no social media to feed their sad lives.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Nobody cares what these cricketers think. Afridi, Shoaib Akhtar and Gambhir are especially loudmouth rabble rousers who are more noise and little substance.

If this Covid thing had happened in 2000 and not 2020 there would be no social media to feed their sad lives.
    You are right. It's better to watch Virat Kohli walk like a dinosaur on Twitter than giving importance to all these social media warriors.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Kabhi Spain Kabhi Pain
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who cares what this cheat has to say, he's a criminal and should cut all ties with cricket.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Kabhi Spain Kabhi Pain
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaneria thinks we shouldn't call out a Pakistan-hating Islamophobe because "it doesn't look good", I hate this subservient attitude. He would never fit in America/the West where athletes and celebrities voice their opinions freely and use whatever language to condemn a head of state.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    Kaneria thinks we shouldn't call out a Pakistan-hating Islamophobe because "it doesn't look good", I hate this subservient attitude. He would never fit in America/the West where athletes and celebrities voice their opinions freely and use whatever language to condemn a head of state.
    Have you heard Afridiís views about women, Hindus or Indians in general in the past?

Either Afridi can go the political route like Gambhir and express his ideological stand or if he is trying to come across as this philanthropist Working towards world peace chose his words carefully.

If Afridi can say whatever he wants so can Kaneria unless there are different rules on freedom of speech.

Kaneria is a convicted fixer and should be kept away for bringing the game to disrepute but isnít a convicted criminal who doesnít deserve to voice his opinion. In fact the ones who served actual jail term are doing fine so I think he has a valid grudge.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Didnt Afridi delete a tweet on Chinese oppression ?

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Kabhi Spain Kabhi Pain
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you heard Afridi’s views about women, Hindus or Indians in general in the past?

Either Afridi can go the political route like Gambhir and express his ideological stand or if he is trying to come across as this philanthropist Working towards world peace chose his words carefully.

If Afridi can say whatever he wants so can Kaneria unless there are different rules on freedom of speech.

Kaneria is a convicted fixer and should be kept away for bringing the game to disrepute but isn’t a convicted criminal who doesn’t deserve to voice his opinion. In fact the ones who served actual jail term are doing fine so I think he has a valid grudge.
    Okay and wth am I saying or you don't understand English? Afridi can say whatever the heck he wants, Kaneria doesn't have to impose his subservient "oh nos what will everyone think" vedic morality on the rest of us.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Kabhi Spain Kabhi Pain
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Didnt Afridi delete a tweet on Chinese oppression ?
    And Afridi and can do whatever he wants? Understood?
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 26th May 2020 at 22:18.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And Afridi and can do whatever he wants? Understood?
    Wow relax..was just a question coz he clearly canít when he had to delete it..

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Does his religion have anything to do with his support for Modi?

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Kabhi Spain Kabhi Pain
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    Yes, Hindu fundamentalist gotta stick up for each other.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaneria is entitled to his views and he shouldnít be attacked for them. However I wonder what the the Indian reaction would have been if a Muslim celebrity supported Imran Khan.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    You are right. It's better to watch Virat Kohli walk like a dinosaur on Twitter than giving importance to all these social media warriors.
    At least Kohliflower is the devil you know, in the sense that his social media posts are accompanied by a loud "Paid Promotion with XYZ" tag so the commercial motives are clear.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I don’t really care. I don’t consider Kaneria an ATG by any means but a guy who has nearly 300 test wickets would indicate that the player had some skill level and talent don’t you think? As far as being a fixer goes, I was clear on my views on fixers in my post which you probably didn’t understand.
    He was a poor bowler for Pakistan, I was actually a big supporter of his for the longest time, but he invariably let the team down. But then I had no idea he was a fixer, now it makes more sense why despite having some genuine talent, he never really produced against the big teams.

Regardless, I don't see why his mediocre career should have won him fans in India. Ironically the one good performance he ever turned up was in India where he demolished your team alongside....guess who? Afridi.

He should be supporting his former team mate rather than slurping the backside of a PM who is openly hostile to his nation.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Kabhi Spain Kabhi Pain
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaneria was extremely expensive, took few wickets and gave away a ton of runs, he was a liability in the field and couldn't bat to save his life.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see it as a positive. He is expressing an extremely unpopular opinion without any fear, despite being a part of very small minority in his country. In contrast, across the border, even sensible Hindu celebrities have given in to extremist majoritarian sentiment to avoid persecution.

Further testifying the famous K2 sized Pakistani hearts.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Kaneria was extremely expensive, took few wickets and gave away a ton of runs, he was a liability in the field and couldn't bat to save his life.
    His cricket stats are irrelevant here. I can only think of religious angle for supporting the hostile PM of an enemy nation. Or just hatred for Pakistan. Some minorities end up hating their country when they feel marginalized, which may or may not be because of their religion alone.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    Kaneria is entitled to his views and he shouldnít be attacked for them. However I wonder what the the Indian reaction would have been if a Muslim celebrity supported Imran Khan.
    Indian muslims will try to stay away from this for obvious reasons. But Navjot Singh Sidhu tried praising Imran Khan not too long ago. I remember some people who are defending Kaneria now were calling Sidhu an average player back then.

BJP slams Navjot Sidhu for praising Imran Khan

https://m.economictimes.com/news/pol...w/71993293.cms

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    I see it as a positive. He is expressing an extremely unpopular opinion without any fear, despite being a part of very small minority in his country. In contrast, across the border, even sensible Hindu celebrities have given in to extremist majoritarian sentiment to avoid persecution.

Has anyone in Pakistan asked Kaneria to go back to India?

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    741 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is Danish to say this to Afridi?

It is his life why should he poke in with Afridiís matter?

All for the views.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

He should have used this freedom of speech granted to him more wisely than supporting someone who is anti Pakistan. A minority should be more careful about displaying their loyalty.

Long time back when india was touring pakistan, an indian journalist asked him how does it feel to be a hindu in pakistan. He snapped back at the journo, who was a muslim, asking how does it feel to be a muslim in india?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2538 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Kaneria's chamchageeree is reaching new heights - he should know when to shut up but sadly doesnt realize that.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaneria should leave Pakistan for India. He is responsible for his current state, he got done for fixing by the ECB. There is no point saying stuff weekly! His ban wont get over turned as the ECB is involved. This weekly drama is getting annoying; pack your bags and leave. Modi is a known extremist so Kaneria can shut it. Indians also need to realise that if a man is not loyal once; he will never be loyal.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Kabhi Spain Kabhi Pain
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Misbah View Post
    Kaneria should leave Pakistan for India. He is responsible for his current state, he got done for fixing by the ECB. There is no point saying stuff weekly! His ban wont get over turned as the ECB is involved. This weekly drama is getting annoying; pack your bags and leave. Modi is a known extremist so Kaneria can shut it. Indians also need to realise that if a man is not loyal once; he will never be loyal.
    Pakistani Hindus face discrimination in India, they get labelled "Pakistani" over there even after gaining Indian citizenship.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistani Hindus face discrimination in India, they get labelled "Pakistani" over there even after gaining Indian citizenship.
    Who cares? If someone sees the grass greener on the other side then they should leave. I do realise that they have a tough life in India but thats not our issue if they make the choice. Kaneria is giving a negative image of Pakistan and no country would have tolerated such an individual.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I admire how confidently you are quoting that as a fact lol.

Last time I checked Adnan Sami who is obviously not a Hindu doing well for himself without any bias tbh. Who knows he would have been replaced by some Turkish singer anyways had he been part of the Pakistani entertainment circuit

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last time I checked Adnan Sami who is obviously not a Hindu doing well for himself without any bias tbh. Who knows he would have been replaced by some Turkish singer anyways had he been part of the Pakistani entertainment circuit
    You can not really compare a celebrity to a common person. I have seen documentarys that show Hindus from Pakistan who migrated being discriminated against in India.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Kaneria is a snake

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a proper chamchaa of India.

The Underdogs

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Kabhi Spain Kabhi Pain
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

india is a classist society

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Kabhi Spain Kabhi Pain
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Telling someone to not voice their opinion is not an admiriable opinion, he's telling Afridi to shut up and respect Islamophobe Modi. Kaneria has his right to speak but he has no right tell someone else what to do. He won't understand because the democratic principle of free choice and the vedic culture of conformity don't blend.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lemme guess....most Pakistanis dismissing Kaneria's opinion because he is a Hindu and up against their favorite idiot and most Indians defending Kaneria (and his ordinary stats) coz he is criticizing their most hated idiot?

Yep, that's right. Nothing more to see here.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Kaneria has a right to give his opinion as a PK but he doesn't have the right to ask others to give their opinions. He can disagree if he wants as unlike Ind we are a free country but he has no right to tell others what they can and can't talk about.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Kabhi Spain Kabhi Pain
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Lemme guess....most Pakistanis dismissing Kaneria's opinion because he is a Hindu and up against their favorite idiot and most Indians defending Kaneria (and his ordinary stats) coz he is criticizing their most hated idiot?

No beause Kaneria is defending Islamophobe and the Butcher of Gujarat Modi. Has nothing to do with religion, perhaps he's trying to weaponize his background to get support from Hindu nationalists in India.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post

Nothing to see here.
    Only difference is heís milking it extra playing his Hindu card. Gotta accept Danish is far smarter than he sounds. Muft k paisay aur fame. Might as well milk the hell out of it when he can. Indians should be taken advantage of no matter what your goal is.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indians when talking about Muslim Pakistani cricketers who were caught fixing = ďheís a fixer...a convicted cheatĒ

Indians when talking about Kaneria = ďHeís only being treated wrong because heís Hindu..he deserves justice and a second chanceĒ

while completely failing to realize Kaneria was convicted by ECB and Pakistan had nothing to do with it.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Indians when talking about Muslim Pakistani cricketers who were caught fixing = ďheís a fixer...a convicted cheatĒ

Indians when talking about Kaneria = ďHeís only being treated wrong because heís Hindu..he deserves justice and a second chanceĒ

while completely failing to realize Kaneria was convicted by ECB and Pakistan had nothing to do with it.
    I donít think the concern here is Kaneria getting a second chance. Most Indians at least on cricket forums believe all fixers should be banned regardless of race,age,gender,religion,nationality etc etc from what I have come across.

So on the contrary the point raised is if most fixers With way worse crimes have gotten away why is Kaneria the only one banned?

New perspective for you I guess.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Kabhi Spain Kabhi Pain
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only difference is he’s milking it extra playing his Hindu card. Gotta accept Danish is far smarter than he sounds. Muft k paisay aur fame. Might as well milk the hell out of it when he can. Indians should be taken advantage of no matter what your goal is.
    His real name is Dinesh. Stealth hindutva.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Queens, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep getting that money Dinesh RESPECT!!
    If playing to indian audiences pays his bills than get at it brother MUCH LOVE!!

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donít think the concern here is Kaneria getting a second chance. Most Indians at least on cricket forums believe all fixers should be banned regardless of race,age,gender,religion,nationality etc etc from what I have come across.

So on the contrary the point raised is if most fixers With way worse crimes have gotten away why is Kaneria the only one banned?

It is not a new perspective and I hope your comprehension skills are enhanced in the near future. Danish is banned by the ECB, may be the BCCI should get his banned over turned. No one else got banned by the ECB.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    One thing is undisputed, Afridi should be using the most offensive words as possible for this disgraceful cheat Kaneria.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had to guess, I would say YouTube views probably play a larger role than religion.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Telling someone to not voice their opinion is not an admiriable opinion, he's telling Afridi to shut up and respect Islamophobe Modi. Kaneria has his right to speak but he has no right tell someone else what to do. He won't understand because the democratic principle of free choice and the vedic culture of conformity don't blend.
    As if lala will retract his comments on Modi. And btw, I never admired Kaneria's opinion.

Kaneria is harmless. Whatever he says won't make any difference. You guys are taking him way too seriously. Let banya earn his livelihood.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    One thing is undisputed, Afridi should be using the most offensive words as possible for this disgraceful cheat Kaneria.
    He just can not be bothered with Kaneria.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Misbah View Post
    It is not a new perspective and I hope your comprehension skills are enhanced in the near future. Danish is banned by the ECB, may be the BCCI should get his banned over turned. No one else got banned by the ECB.
    Why should the BCCI care. He wasnít a test cricketer who took nearly 300 wickets for India. Is he? Trust me had that been the case, he would have been alright even if his name was Danish Khan or Daniel Kahn.

Isnít the crime for fixing jail time in the UK? You had players getting arrested and they are back in the system. Kaneria is banned by ECB which clearly tells me his offense was lesser. Look for the nth time, all fixers should be banned but clearly if you are giving up on a guy who is your 4th highest wicket taker ever because a county board banned him then that looks suspicious given the track record of minorities in Pakistan.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post

Nope. Pakistanis are criticising Kaneria because he is criticising a former team mate while defending an affirmed enemy of Pakistan. If Kaneria is going to take sides here, should always be with his nation and Pakistan comrades regardless of religion.

You don't defend an enemy who sent warplanes to bomb your country.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Nope. Pakistanis are criticising Kaneria because he is criticising a former team mate while defending an affirmed enemy of Pakistan. If Kaneria is going to take sides here, should always be with his nation and Pakistan comrades regardless of religion.

You don't defend an enemy who sent warplanes to bomb your country.
    You should learn some manners from your compatriot, Capt. Show some respect to PM Modi. Kaneria is a true hindu who doesn't use bad words for anyone. We have mooh mein Ram Ram...

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    You should learn some manners from your compatriot, Capt. Show some respect to PM Modi. Kaneria is a true hindu who doesn't use bad words for anyone. We have mooh mein Ram Ram...
    I absolutely used respect. I described him as an affirmed enemy of Pakistan, and that is probably how he would like to be seen in India. Hence sending pilots to bomb Pakistan territory. Somewhat unsuccessfully it is true, but the intent was there all the same.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think staying in the limelight is a defense mechanism for Kaneria to be honest. Get eyeballs and stay safe seems to be his approach. I might do the same too if I was in his situation.

Funny that Pakistanís biggest non-Muslim celebrity has to call our bias every other day. This is say the equivalent of Amir Khan or SRK or even Shami calling out help from Pakistan every other day. Obviously Kaneria is not in the league of these names but just an apples to apples of Pakistanís biggest minority celebrity vs Indiaís

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I think staying in the limelight is a defense mechanism for Kaneria to be honest. Get eyeballs and stay safe seems to be his approach. I might do the same too if I was in his situation.

Funny that Pakistan’s biggest non-Muslim celebrity has to call our bias every other day. This is say the equivalent of Amir Khan or SRK or even Shami calling out help from Pakistan every other day. Obviously Kaneria is not in the league of these names but just an apples to apples of Pakistan’s biggest minority celebrity vs India’s
    Stay safe He was perfectly safe when he was quiet for the past few years.

By his own admission, he has started talking now because he has no skills besides cricket and because of his ban, he can't really do much related to cricket.

Everything else is just soundbites to increase his popularity for YouTube. As he has admitted, he is financially struggling so I suppose YouTube earnings will be helpful for him. It is a tactic that is paying off reasonably well. Go to any of his videos and you will find tons of comments from his newfound Indian fans

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Stay safe He was perfectly safe when he was quiet for the past few years.

By his own admission, he has started talking now because he has no skills besides cricket and because of his ban, he can't really do much related to cricket.

Everything else is just soundbites to increase his popularity for YouTube. As he has admitted, he is financially struggling so I suppose YouTube earnings will be helpful for him. It is a tactic that is paying off reasonably well. Go to any of his videos and you will find tons of comments from his newfound Indian fans
    For a guy who played cricket all his life, what other skill sets are you expecting.

Also whatís wrong in having a YouTube channel and aiming for viewers/subscribers, isnít that what every whoís who of Pakistan cricket doing these days?

I never watch his YouTube channel but I did hear some points he raised on Sports Tak with Vikrant Gupta and he does have a valid point about all the others who were let off the hook.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    For a guy who played cricket all his life, what other skill sets are you expecting.

Also what’s wrong in having a YouTube channel and aiming for viewers/subscribers, isn’t that what every who’s who of Pakistan cricket doing these days?
    They won't be criticising Pakistani colleagues while championing the PM of an enemy state. So no, it's not apples to apples.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Next Adnan Sami (hopefully).

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Also what’s wrong in having a YouTube channel and aiming for viewers/subscribers, isn’t that what every who’s who of Pakistan cricket doing these days?

I never watch his YouTube channel but I did hear some points he raised on Sports Tak with Vikrant Gupta and he does have a valid point about all the others who were let off the hook.
    The skills comment was meant as a clarification, not a criticism.

He is free to have his own YouTube channel, and yes, other Pakistani cricketers also have YouTube channels where they engage in overt praise of Indian cricketers. But by defending Indian politicians, he has now entered a wholly different territory and he should be prepared for the blowback that he will face as a result.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun fact...Kaneriaís second chance is not in the hands of PCB rather ECB.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Queens, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun fact...Kaneriaís second chance is not in the hands of PCB rather ECB.
    If it was under PCB he would have been coming back after a year 😁

But come to think of it what was the difference between Butt, Asif fixing and his fixing that ECB took this strong action

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post
    If it was under PCB he would have been coming back after a year ��

But come to think of it what was the difference between Butt, Asif fixing and his fixing that ECB took this strong action
    Kaneria was caught fixing while playing for Essex in county cricket and not while on national duty.

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Has anyone in Pakistan asked Kaneria to go back to India?
    I am sure he would love that to happen but Pakistanis have a much bigger heart.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2538 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    I am sure he would love that to happen but Pakistanis have a much bigger heart.
    This is because in the Grand Scheme of things - he is literally NOTHING. No one cares about what he says - maybe they did when he said it first but its lost its importance since then.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like Kaneria holds some grudge against Afridi as these days, all his statements are about him. I don't blame the guy for expressing his opinion in favor of the Indians though. He needs the views as he's been without an income for a while. Man's gotta eat

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kaneria wants more subscribers to his youtube channel.
    thats all.
    I dont blame him, he's probably not doing that well financially.