Could Fakhar Zaman do an Inzamam-ul-haq of the 1992 World Cup Semi Final/Final in 2021?

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could Fakhar Zaman do an Inzamam-ul-haq of the 1992 World Cup Semi Final/Final in 2021?

Fakhar Zaman apart from one decent innings against Afghanistan has done nothing so far to justify his place in team.

However his one decent innings came in Dubai pitch where ball comes better on bat.

Inzamam did not do anything special until 1992 world cup Semi Final and Final.

Fakhar generally raises his game in big matches. Could this Semi Final against Australia be one of those days where he simply plays a blinder.

I think dropping him would not be a good idea at this stage. Imran did not drop Inzi at all in 1992.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel he will have his best score in the semi or final. Should be persisted with, big match player.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Good player of extreme pace.

I am counting on him IA.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Let 1992 fade away into history.

Win 2021 in a more grand fashion and make your own history. CC: Fakhar, or anyone else.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fakhar is not a flash in the pan. Whilst we go on about his CT17 exploits , he also made a match winning 90 odd in the TRI series final again Australia , and averages 48 in one day matches .

The issue has been his T20 form which has been poor due to his own form combined with him being moved around the batting order.

There is no doubt that he can raise his game for the knockouts though.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He’s confused at 3

He wants to hack hard at cow corner but there are fielders already placed in positions before he can play that get out of jail shot

Rizwan fans will not accept Rizwan to drop down for Fakhar. So Babar should do the job and bat at 3 and let Fakhar open!

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    He’s confused at 3

He wants to hack hard at cow corner but there are fielders already placed in positions before he can play that get out of jail shot

Rizwan fans will not accept Rizwan to drop down for Fakhar. So Babar should do the job and bat at 3 and let Fakhar open!
    I definitely don’t think fakhar should be opening. With the best opening partnership for Pakistan with Rizwan and Babar, averaging over 50 together it would be crazy to change that. With fakhar failing more times than not, we’ll be 20-1 and under pressure from the start, as opposed to where the openers just bring a sense of calm to the players waiting to come to bat.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Looks in horrible touch, but I guess he has that capability to come up with a very good innings out of the blue.

I can't see him being dropped, but I don't see Australia overly worried about him at the moment.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Port Isaac
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Let 1992 fade away into history.

Win 2021 in a more grand fashion and make your own history. CC: Fakhar, or anyone else.
    2009 called

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Keep backing him. He will win you a game single handedly. What better stage than a semi final or final?

Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he pulls off what he did vs Australia in the Tri-series in Zimbabwe.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All Australia have to do is bowl at his ribs.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he will play 4 short balls dot and the fifth one he will get out pulling.

However, i have a feeling if somehow Babar and Rizwan survive the PP, FZ will hammer Zampa all over the park

Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Looks in horrible touch, but I guess he has that capability to come up with a very good innings out of the blue.

I can't see him being dropped, but I don't see Australia overly worried about him at the moment.
    That's what happens when you don't have a good technique and you try to hammer everything rather than focusing on singles, doubles and an odd boundary. Pak cant drop him now so will be another chance for him

Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Fakhar Zaman should not be in the team, he is not scoring heavily enough even against mediocre opposition. Get in Haider Ali.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Fakhar could do well against Australia. He has always struggled in UAE conditions because he prefers to use the pace of the ball and instead of working the ball into the gaps, and the trio of Starc-Cummins-Hazlewood could provide him with that pace.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fakhar has been poor in t20s generally but he has played some clutch Innings

Debut
    May 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our best hope if we end up chasing 170+. And being the only LHB, he is kind of a strategic asset.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    UK England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His 193 against South Africa where almost single handed won us that game was one of the best innings I’ve seen. He wasn’t In the greatest of forms before that. He is the best striker of the ball we have and can inject a boost in the scoring rate at ease. Hopefully he will find some form and come good for us

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering the form he was showing before the WC and in the warmups, we should back him to come good. Hopefully he will.

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    MATTHEW HAYDEN: Fakhar is a very interesting personality and character, and the longer that I spend time with him, the more that I really enjoy his personality and character. The fact that he was in the Navy for seven years gives you a pretty strong indication of his ability to be able to fight and fight hard. Not only just from a batting perspective but the contributions within a T20 setup is that you have to be as a general policy a two-dimensional player, and Fakhar has I think been the standout outfielder for our team, as well. He saved literally five to ten runs every game, and five to ten runs within a T20 concept and batting lineup, include your own runs maybe 20s and 30s here and there, means that overall he's just been such an important part of the side.

Don't be surprised if you see something incredibly special from him tomorrow, as well, because he is smashing the ball in the nets. In particular I guess if you look at a potential matchup against Adam Zampa, who's been the leading wicket taker in the T20 ICC World Cup, I think that is a fantastic target, an opportunity for Fakhar to really dominate and position Pakistan in a strong competitive state.

Lots of optimism. Already I think he's contributed nicely. Yet to star like some of the others, and that's the great benefit, right, of having an in-form batting lineup. Bear in mind, unlike Test cricket, T20 cricket is just about impact. We've seen Asif come in and smash 24 runs against New Zealand to win you a game, and if you look at his overall stats, you'd go, is he impressive in this tournament or not? But that's not T20 cricket. Making impact is significant, and Fakhar is certainly one of those that can do that tomorrow.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Started off rusty but still pulled it through

An inzi inning?

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He did it lol usually these threads never come true lol

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What an innings by Fakhar today. Amazing!

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebat View Post
    Considering the form he was showing before the WC and in the warmups, we should back him to come good. Hopefully he will.
    And how he did! What a knock.

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neutralized Starc. Innings could have really petered out if not for him.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Offenbach am Main, Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1075 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

O` wow, just wow! What incredible hitting by Fakhar, that too off Starc, a quality fast bowler. Gave me goosebumps! Hair-raising stuff! I'm simply in awe of those sixes. I need time to recover!

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That was a scintillating knock!!! Those sixes were like, My GOD, MASSIVE!! Nearly took the umpire out with a blow for 4!

Good knock, good batting, let's see if it comes off.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Don't be surprised if you see something incredibly special from him tomorrow, as well, because he is smashing the ball in the nets
    Incredibly special, maybe not. But took Pakistan to a fighting total.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What beautiful hitting fakhar did. Amazing

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This assault on Starc will be remembered for decades to come

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1075 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    This assault on Starc will be remembered for decades to come
    True. Fakhar´s sixes off Starc will go down amongst my most unforgettable memories from the tournament. Awesome, plain awesome stuff. Some towering sixes! I shall remember them for some time to come. Didn´t think that he still had it in him. I was actually in favour of dropping him.

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Innings dismantled starc

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It’s nice to see Fakhar get some respect. He’s had some lean patches and there are plenty of senior posters who are congratulating him now who said some very negative things. Not that you can’t criticise a player, but Fakhar is definitely someone that got extra flack because people didn’t like his style.

The fact of the matter is - he’s a clutch player and that’s something rarer in Pakistan cricket than exceptional talents like Babar/ Shaheen.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    It’s nice to see Fakhar get some respect. He’s had some lean patches and there are plenty of senior posters who are congratulating him now who said some very negative things. Not that you can’t criticise a player, but Fakhar is definitely someone that got extra flack because people didn’t like his style.

The fact of the matter is - he’s a clutch player and that’s something rarer in Pakistan cricket than exceptional talents like Babar/ Shaheen.
    He gets unnecessary criticism for somebody who has played more clutch knocks in big matches than Malik and Hafeez combined , who averages 48 @95 in One dayers .

His t20 form has been patchy but he is capable of doing anything in that format to.

A unique cricketer for our standards who has a big future to play in our white ball cricket for the next 3-4 years inshallah

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1075 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

I just watched the highlights of his amazing innings. Fabulous, fabulous hitting. To be hitting a bowler of Starc´s quality like he did isn´t easy. Well done, Fakhar!