User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

[PICTURES] Pakistan players start practice ahead of proposed tour of England

These pictures from Imran Khan's instagram:

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 2386
Size:  76.0 KB

Views: 7598
Size:  69.8 KB

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Doesn't look like the fast bowlers or Imran have gained any weight, which is good to see

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Naseem building some great arms. Need to ask him for his workout routine

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I heard they stay in NCA till they go to England . I wonder why there is no 6 feet rule for them till the quarantine period of 14 days in NCA? If one gets infected them everyone will be infected

Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have been individual training first, straight up group training doesn't send a good message, even if they have been tested

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrentDevil View Post
    Should have been individual training first, straight up group training doesn't send a good message, even if they have been tested
    Good point - too close to each other for my comfort.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    No social distancing, which is worrying.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    I heard they stay in NCA till they go to England . I wonder why there is no 6 feet rule for them till the quarantine period of 14 days in NCA? If one gets infected them everyone will be infected
    Some concerns raised in local media about the inability of the NCA to act as a bio-secure environment for 30 players.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    No social distancing, which is worrying.
    No harm if they are already tested. Cant afford too much rest and injury cycle yet again with more bowlers.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    No harm if they are already tested. Cant afford too much rest and injury cycle yet again with more bowlers.
    Problem is we dont know if tested - this is not PCB official training or doesnt look like it else they would have announced the procedure.

If one is asymptomatic - could spread it around.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Problem is we dont know if tested - this is not PCB official training or doesnt look like it else they would have announced the procedure.

If one is asymptomatic - could spread it around.
    ďNo harm if they are already tested?Ē

You donít seem to understand how pandemics work.

Sooner or later someone will catch this virus from an infected cook or a cleaner or barber or from a piece of cutlery or crockery that an infected waiter has touched. Or from the arms of a chair, or from a seatbelt.

If the team is used to distancing it hopefully wonít be passed onwards.

But if they behave like in these photos it will spread like wildfire.

And because they are young and fit we wonít realise anything is wrong until their parents and aunts and uncles start to die.
    Last edited by Junaids; 1st June 2020 at 19:24.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You can still get false negative if the virus is incubating so that is why 14 days quarantine is important

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unbelievable, they are standing so close to each other , no concept of social distancing at the time when coronal virus cases are surging fast in Pakistan . Is this really a recent picture.

Training session for US professional teams have also started but with strict guideline, PCB should follows those guidelines, what they call in Pakistan SOP ??

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can still get false negative if the virus is incubating so that is why 14 days quarantine is important
    False negative cases are very high in Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Unbelievable, they are standing so close to each other , no concept of social distancing at the time when coronal virus cases are surging fast in Pakistan . Is this really a recent picture.

Training session for US professional teams have also started but with strict guideline, PCB should follows those guidelines, what they call in Pakistan SOP ??
    Yes it has been confirmed to us that its a recent picture.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I've asked and these players have not been tested.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It is a matter of shame for PCB for this shambolic training.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are just over reacting for no reason, all these players will be considered as a Family Worker Group and nope, they don't need to keep social distancing among themselves.

All the construction places in North America are using this practice, making sure the workers who are working in a specific area that they live together so they don't have to maintain social distancing.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've asked and these players have not been tested.
    Wasnt every player in the PSL tested?

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Wasnt every player in the PSL tested?
    Two and a half months ago.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trickyone View Post
    People are just over reacting for no reason, all these players will be considered as a Family Worker Group and nope, they don't need to keep social distancing among themselves.

All the construction places in North America are using this practice, making sure the workers who are working in a specific area that they live together so they don't have to maintain social distancing.
    The players have not been living and training together. Each one of them has been living in their own town, city or village for the past couple of months or so.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trickyone View Post

That’s a hopeless idea which breaches every foundation of infection control. Perhaps that explains why the USA has 3% of the world’s population and 25% of its cases?

The USA taught the rest of the world how to respond to pandemics a century ago. And that Family Worker Group idea is the exact opposite of how to do it.

Until there is a vaccine or a treatment, EVERYBODY must

Either
    Maintain social distancing

Or
    Be part of a Biosecure Bubble.

In a Biosecure Bubble every person - cricketer, coworker, cook, driver, cleaner -

1. Must test negative twice five days apart to enter the Bubble.

2. Cannot leave the bubble at any time. They can’t go to a shop or a restaurant, they can’t see their parents or kids, they can’t even see their wife. They cannot interact even at a distance with any person who is not part of the bubble.

This is 100% inflexible. Either the players are in a Biosecure Bubble or they should not be so close together.
    Last edited by MenInG; 2nd June 2020 at 10:02.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    no social distancing lol... seeing these pictures, i wouldnt be surprised if England cancels the tour..

This guy Imran khan jr has a cricket life once Misbah become coach cum selector + Amir and Wahabs retirement from tests helping his cause...

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NFL, NBA , NHL and other sports leagues in USA are following very strict guidelines including social distancing regarding opening the training session for their players.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talk about social distancing

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree looks like they dont no the rules or the management havent explained it properly

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post

Could be standard operations platform

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Clearly no proper instructions given to players about this.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    I agree looks like they dont no the rules or the management havent explained it properly
    It's all over the world, all over the news. They shouldn't need telling the basics of social distancing.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all over the world, all over the news. They shouldn't need telling the basics of social distancing.
    Is everything country flowing the rules around the world regarding corna

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shouldn't Imran Khan be practicing with the spinners?

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    P impressive PCB got a sponsorship from Gatorade. Makes the kits look professional. Better than getting sponsored by ding dong bubblegum or cool n cool baby wipes.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    652 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    P impressive PCB got a sponsorship from Gatorade. Makes the kits look professional. Better than getting sponsored by ding dong bubblegum or cool n cool baby wipes.
    Yea bro Babar has a deal with Gatorade

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

The only argument for selecting Imran Khan is that he is a wise old head whose experience allows him to guide the youngsters.

But he clearly hasnít got the brains he was born with. If a man who is 33 years old in 41 days time hasnít realised that social distancing is important then what use is he to anyone?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    The only argument for selecting Imran Khan is that he is a wise old head whose experience allows him to guide the youngsters.

But he clearly hasn’t got the brains he was born with. If a man who is 33 years old in 41 days time hasn’t realised that social distancing is important then what use is he to anyone?

I don't get why you always need to use someone age to bring them down. Yes he shouldn't be selected but you should calm down with shoving your theories on others.

Some of your theories aren't always right.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ECB have prepared the return to training well.

As always PCB is unprofessional and behind the curve.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    I donít think this is anything new, Gatorade falls under the Pepsi brand and Pepsi has sponsored Pakistan cricket for decades. All they did was replace the big Pepsi logo with a G.

Debut
    Mar 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was reading the column post by Mark Wood which reminded me of the above picture and the stark differences - https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/52927029

Me and Stokesy both go to Durham, but because our slots are an hour apart, we never see each other.

The only other people at the ground are Durham director of cricket Marcus North, bowling coach Neil Killeen, England coach Paul Collingwood, Susan the physio and a security man to open the gates.

Whereas Stokesy gets out of his car and heads straight for the middle, I have to spend some time in the gym and with the physio.

When I get to the gym, the doors are open so I don't have to touch anything. I'll disinfect my hands, use the equipment, then rub it clean when I'm done. When I go to see Susan, I have to wear a face mask and she is in full PPE gear.

When I started bowling, it was literally from a standing position - the sort of thing you see kids doing when they're learning the game. Now I've built it up to being off my full run.

It's probably batting practice that is the hardest thing to get used to, not picking the ball up to throw it back to Colly. When you knock it back with your bat, it feels really disrespectful to an England legend.

A couple of times I've forgotten, and accidentally picked the ball up. Straight away it's "oh no". You have to wipe the ball, change your gloves and wash your hands. The measures in place really are that strict.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    ECB have prepared the return to training well.

As always PCB is unprofessional and behind the curve.
    Frightening really, the lack of professionalism and control.

Surely the Board will have issued guidelines to the players....or maybe not.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Thatís how this is all going to go wrong.

Half the team will be infected before they even reach the airport!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Clearly no proper instructions given to players about this.
    Once this tour was given the go ahead, social distancing was never going to happen. People in Pakistan and desis here are not treating it seriously.

They may try to show it for the cameras whilst here but behind closed doors they'll be mingling freely.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If the board have issued guidelines and the players haven't followed, it shows their lack of understanding. If the board have not issued guidelines, will prove how incompetent the PCB are.

The players and the PCB are endangering the series with these antics and lack of information.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the board have issued guidelines and the players haven't followed, it shows their lack of understanding. If the board have not issued guidelines, will prove how incompetent the PCB are.

The players and the PCB are endangering the series with these antics and lack of information.
    If they have given guidance they should be fines and if they havent been pcb should be hold responsible simple

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To be honest Pakistani people in general don't take social distancing seriously. That's true in Pakistan and in the UK. Let's pray everyone taking this risk remains healthy!

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    To be honest Pakistani people in general don't take social distancing seriously. That's true in Pakistan and in the UK. Let's pray everyone taking this risk remains healthy!
    And the English do take social distancing seriously ?

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And the English do take social distancing seriously ?
    You're right a lot of Brits in general now seem to have stopped taking social distancing seriously. However here in the UK coronavirus has spread more rapidly amongst minority communities. That's in part down to minorities generally being less healthy than the rest but is also down to sheer ignorance.

Speaking from experience, from the start of the pandemic I have known many Pakistanis who have decided social distancing is not for them and have told me it's all fine. Some have tried to suggest that I'm the one in the wrong for refusing to meet up with them.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)

Well according to some players I've spoken with, they are saying there have been no guidelines from the PCB.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Perhaps that's why the numbers in Pakistan are on the rise.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Well according to some players I've spoken with, they are saying there have been no guidelines from the PCB.
    Do they not watch the news.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lets get real, PCB being a Pakistani institution after all are not going to hold the the same standards as the West when it comes to safety measures concerning Covid-19. Privately, most of them probably think its all big 'dramay baazi'.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Do they not watch the news.
    Sometimes I wonder if some of them live on the same planet as the rest of us.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Lets get real, PCB being a Pakistani institution after all are not going to hold the the same standards as the West when it comes to safety measures concerning Covid-19. Privately, most of them probably think its all big 'dramay baazi'.
    @Junaids was telling us that lives were in danger. Can you please send these a memo to tell them to do the basics well.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Sometimes I wonder if some of them live on the same planet as the rest of us.
    This is not just a problem there, the PKs in the uk have a higher death rate here and despite all the news I see our community act stupidly too often. I saw a family hold phuri at the gravestone and guess what the gentleman died from?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    This really poses a major threat to the tour.

Let's be honest here.

Pakistan is at the same stage in this pandemic that the USA was at in February. The virus has taken hold and community transmission is under way, but the numbers to show this are not there because the government is afraid of freaking out the markets and has elected to keep testing to a minimum.

But the USA and Brazil have shown that when you take this approach, the virus spreads quickly.

The West Indies tour of England is going to proceed because the Caribbean islands closed their borders and nobody has the virus - not even in Jamaica, which is densely populated.

For the Pakistan tour to proceed the PCB seem not to have grasped that all the players will have to test negative before going into quarantine at the Old Trafford Hilton Garden Inn hotel.

But there is no effort to educate them or modify their behaviour now, so a number of them may well already be positive. In which case the tour will be aborted, and unbelievably it will be the PCB's fault!

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well Thorpe Park and Chessington are reopening on the 4th of July

Would be disastrous for the English cricket game if Tests are aborted because of a fear of the virus spreading. This isnít a sport that can afford its privileged, posh approach here in this country anymore.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You're right a lot of Brits in general now seem to have stopped taking social distancing seriously. However here in the UK coronavirus has spread more rapidly amongst minority communities. That's in part down to minorities generally being less healthy than the rest but is also down to sheer ignorance.

Speaking from experience, from the start of the pandemic I have known many Pakistanis who have decided social distancing is not for them and have told me it's all fine. Some have tried to suggest that I'm the one in the wrong for refusing to meet up with them.
    thats just anecdotal. The real evidence shows that BAME people are more at risk because of the poverty, and types of jobs they do. Mostly frontline workers e.g. bus drivers,cleaners,nurses,doctors,taxi drivers etc.

With regards to the guidlines from the PCB, that is their fault. The govt has some pretty clear guidlines with regards to SOP's. Every org has to ensure this takes place. I expect better from Wasim Khan.

Finally as regards to the numbers rising in pakistan, unfortunately this was going to be inevitable due to ramadhan and Eid. people need to earn a living and they are taking their chances. Its sad but the country is bankrupt so most people would rather take their chances with covid then die of hunger.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB really needs to sit down with these to educate them on how important social distancing is. If god forbid any of these players contracts it, its gonna look bad on the PCB.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If they have given guidance they should be fines and if they havent been pcb should be hold responsible simple
    It's a mess.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tour is in danger if this continues.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I fear that players will get infected here in Pakistan than in UK. At least tell them to self quarantine for 14 days separately then get tested for covid 19 for the squad announcement.

Please PCB don’t mess this up otherwise Wasim Khan will need to resign for this debacle.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    This really poses a major threat to the tour.

Let's be honest here.

Pakistan is at the same stage in this pandemic that the USA was at in February. The virus has taken hold and community transmission is under way, but the numbers to show this are not there because the government is afraid of freaking out the markets and has elected to keep testing to a minimum.

But the USA and Brazil have shown that when you take this approach, the virus spreads quickly.

The West Indies tour of England is going to proceed because the Caribbean islands closed their borders and nobody has the virus - not even in Jamaica, which is densely populated.

For the Pakistan tour to proceed the PCB seem not to have grasped that all the players will have to test negative before going into quarantine at the Old Trafford Hilton Garden Inn hotel.

But there is no effort to educate them or modify their behaviour now, so a number of them may well already be positive. In which case the tour will be aborted, and unbelievably it will be the PCB's fault!
    I fear that players will get infected here in Pakistan than in UK. At least tell them to self quarantine for 14 days separately then get tested for covid 19 for the squad announcement.

Please PCB don’t mess this up otherwise Wasim Khan will need to resign for this debacle.
    Exactly!

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PCB, meanwhile, has reminded the players to not to practice at cricket grounds during this period and that they must observe and adhere to strict social distancing protocols. These instructions have been issued as their personal wellbeing and that of their families remains paramount.

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just saw a video of Babar Azam, Imam ul Haq train somewhere, violating SOPs. PCB has totally failed to enforce the guidelines before the tour. Sancho(footballer) was fined heavily for getting a haircut, our cricketers will need to be fined as well for this stupidity

I am afraid the tour will be called off.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pakistan cricketers including Babar Azam violate COVID-19 SOPs

Limited-overs captain Babar Azam, opener Imam-ul Haq and pacer Naseem Shah were involved in violating COVID-19 Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), as they were seen training at Abdul Qadir Cricket Academy.

As per details, Players, allegedly, did not observe proper health and safety measures while training.

With Coronavirus spreading rapidly in the country, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has decided to call off the training camp for England tour, which was scheduled to take place at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) prior to the team’s departure.

The PCB is already in discussions with the ECB to bring forward their early July departure date for England so the Pakistan squad can benefit from the additional practice time there.

As per PCB’s regulations, the players have been asked not to practice at cricket grounds during this period and must observe and adhere to strict social distancing protocols.

https://www.brecorder.com/news/10030...-covid-19-sops

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can there be some clear rules for the players. Rules and Regulations need to be implemented for the players and fines need to be given for violating rules. There needs to be a procedures in place with the PCB need to provide facilities for players to train, keeping with the 2m distancing.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i think its pretty obvious ECB need to help PCB here...they have to come to England early as possible. But for that to facilitate ECB need to fork out the cost for islolation, tests and rest of the stuff which is obviously an issue

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Why can't our cricketers just shut up and listen to some safety guidelines. It is almost quite literally a matter of life and death

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Once this tour was given the go ahead, social distancing was never going to happen. People in Pakistan and desis here are not treating it seriously.

They may try to show it for the cameras whilst here but behind closed doors they'll be mingling freely.
    As I said earlier, there's no point in having this big hoo hah over SOP's and social distancing. It's just not going to happen. If the tour gets underway, be prepared for more stories like this emerging.

It's not going to be a big surprise but still we're going to have the "oh they shouldn't be doing this, they shouldn't be doing that blah blah".

It's more about being arrogant, couldn't care less attitude than lack of understanding of the rules which is quite prevalent amongst desis.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Seems like our players can't be trusted regarding social distancing. Might in fact be best that they are sent over to UK as soon as possible and can be monitored there by ECB.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    People in the streets and regular life are violating some of the SOP's. People need to realize that there will be some violations otherwise if you want 100% abstinence then people will just have to remain under lockdown at home.

Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a serious issue, if national heroes aren't serious about following protocols despite being told by the Board to not do so, can't really blame the awaam. PCB's fault in this fiasco as well, a statement in such a serious issue is of no value, need to take some action

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    PCB warns Babar Azam and others for violating its Covid SOP

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Wednesday warned national ODI and T20 captain Babar Azam and some other players for violating its Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) amidst the ongoing COVID-19 after they practised together at a local club in Lahore.

The PCB’s step came after videos of Babar practicing with Pakistan teammates, Imam-ul-Haq, fast bowler Nasim Shah and some local players surfaced on social media. The cricketers were training at the Abdul Qadir Cricket Academy, which is incidentally, located close to PCB’s headquarters at the Gaddafi Stadium.

A PCB source said concerns were expressed because apparently Babar, Imam and Nasim had not observed proper health and safety measures while training.

The PCB on Tuesday had shelved its decision to conduct a training camp at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore ahead of the upcoming tour of England for failing to construct a “bio-secure” environment due to paucity of rooms in the residential complex.

Pakistan are set to play three Tests and three ODIs against England in August and are expected to enter UK four weeks prior to complete the required quarantine period.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sp...ation-6452936/

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    People in the streets and regular life are violating some of the SOP's. People need to realize that there will be some violations otherwise if you want 100% abstinence then people will just have to remain under lockdown at home.
    Exactly. They're playing cricket anyway so there is bound to be some form of contact/violations.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said earlier, there's no point in having this big hoo hah over SOP's and social distancing. It's just not going to happen. If the tour gets underway, be prepared for more stories like this emerging.

It's not going to be a big surprise but still we're going to have the "oh they shouldn't be doing this, they shouldn't be doing that blah blah".

It's more about being arrogant, couldn't care less attitude than lack of understanding of the rules which is quite prevalent amongst desis.
    While I agree that there is arrogance/attitude involved, one problem in Pakistan is that there is so much population there that if a decent amount of people go to the markets or wherever, it becomes virtually impossible to socially distance and follow SOPs.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBowlingAllrounder View Post
    While I agree that there is arrogance/attitude involved, one problem in Pakistan is that there is so much population there that if a decent amount of people go to the markets or wherever, it becomes virtually impossible to socially distance and follow SOPs.
    That's true but I'm referring to the players in this case.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: Pakistan’s limited-overs captain Babar Azam, along with opener Imamul Haq and pacer Naseem Shah, have been warned by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) after violating novel coronavirus (Covid-19) Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).

The trio were spotted training at the Abdul Qadir Cricket Academy but did not observe proper health and safety measures, which led to severe criticism on social media. “We had clearly asked the players, earlier as well, to not practice at cricket grounds during this period and that they must observe and adhere to strict social distancing protocols,” PCB Media Director Sami Burney said.

It must be noted that, taking into account the Covid-19 outlook in Pakistan in the coming weeks, the operational and logistical matters as well the observation that keeping players in a safe and secure environment remain a challenge which is why the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) had decided not to hold a training camp of the national men’s team prior to their departure for England. Pakistan are scheduled to take on England in three Tests and three Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is), which will be played in August-September.

https://dailytimes.com.pk/625498/pcb...covid-19-sops/

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    With the lack of social distancing in the training pictures, it is not a surprise that players have tested positive for Covid-19.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Pakistan cricketers including Babar Azam violate COVID-19 SOPs

Limited-overs captain Babar Azam, opener Imam-ul Haq and pacer Naseem Shah were involved in violating COVID-19 Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), as they were seen training at Abdul Qadir Cricket Academy.

As per details, Players, allegedly, did not observe proper health and safety measures while training.

With Coronavirus spreading rapidly in the country, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has decided to call off the training camp for England tour, which was scheduled to take place at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) prior to the teamís departure.

The PCB is already in discussions with the ECB to bring forward their early July departure date for England so the Pakistan squad can benefit from the additional practice time there.

As per PCBís regulations, the players have been asked not to practice at cricket grounds during this period and must observe and adhere to strict social distancing protocols.

https://www.brecorder.com/news/10030...-covid-19-sops
    Braindead idiots. Well done guys, you've nearly jeopardised the entire tour and your own health.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wow so many predicted this, hope they quarantine themselves now.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli