User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Imran-Kapil series: Waqar Younis pushes for India-Pakistan bilateral cricket

Former Pakistan captain and legendary fast bowler Waqar Younish said he believes India and Pakistan will play bilateral series in the near future.

Waqar Younis said the majority of cricket fans from both the countries will be in favour of India-Pakistan bilateral cricket. The pace great added that bilateral series between the two Asian giants will be 'the biggest hit of world cricket'.

India and Pakistan have not played bilateral cricket since January 2013 wherein Pakistan visited their neighbours wherein they played 2 T20Is and 3 ODIs. The two teams have not met in a bilateral Test series since the 2007-08 season.

However, India and Pakistan have been meeting each other at bilateral series with their most recent tie coming at the 2019 World Cup. Efforts to hold bilateral series in the past have not worked in favour, resulting in very limited episodes of one of cricket's greatest rivalries.

"If you go and ask people of both the countries on whether Pakistan and India should play each other, everyone, around 95% of them will agree, that cricket between these two should be played," Waqar Younis said during a chat show QT20 for GloFans.
    \
    "Be it 'Imran-Kapil Series' or 'Independence Series' or whatever name we give to it, I think that it would be the biggest hit of the world.

"I think Pakistan India should play, and should play on a regular basis to avoid depriving cricket lovers of India and Pakistan."

Waqar Younis, meanwhile, is confident that India and Pakistan will play bilateral series but he maintained that he doesn't want to see them battling in a neutral venue.

"I do see Pakistan and India playing bilateral series. I am not sure where though, but I hope it will be either in Pakistan or in India. You don't want to see them playing in some other country because that's where you want to see them. You want to see them playing in their own countries. But I definitely say that in the next few years, I would say, Pakistan India will be playing," Waqar said.

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cri...354-2020-06-01

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Idea. Imran and Kapil along with sir Richards were the most inspiring cricketers of their era or perhaps ever.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This happens atleast 6 times a year, and almost every time it is from an ex-Pakistan player. I mean all due respect to Waqar, but seems like he hasn't been catching up on the news for quite some time.

Pakistan has the opportunity to play for a perpetual test trophy with a number of countries. We could have Miandad-Warnapura, Akram-McGrath, Kardar-Hutton. There certainly isn't any shortage of names but this fixation with playing against India has to end. Why this is so hard for so many people to understand is something I can't get my head around.
    Last edited by RedwoodOriginal; 1st June 2020 at 20:42.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A series with Pakistan is impossible with BJP at the helm of powers
    Waqar bhai is day dreaming

Meri Awaaz suno....
    Mujhe Azaad karo....

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quite smart

Letís see Kapil Dev coming out rejecting this idea now and claiming India donít need money.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Waqar is outdated and living in the past. Indian Cricket is so self sufficient, they don't even need anyone anymore let alone Pakistan. Look at the ex Indian players who have started talking tough against Pakistan in the last few years

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1986 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Time and again someone has to come and ask for it.. sigh..

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be a dream series if it happens. Chances are very slim, reasons best left to discuss in the other section of PP.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel sad for the kids born after circa 2000 who haven't experienced the thrill of a full fledged Indo-Pak series. We used to have so many series in the 2000s when I was growing up, with added advantage of lots of free time and friends in school and neighborhood to follow the matches together. But this bilateral contest has always been like that, we didn't play in the 60s, until late 70s because of tension, mainly the 2 bitterly fought wars, that was a gap of almost 2 decades. Hope this wait isn't that long.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Would be great to see Imran-Kapil or Abbas-Gavaskar. But under the current circumstances it won't happen.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Relationship between the two countries are an all-time low as both governments arenít on speaking terms. Under this circumstances, it would be nothing short of miracle if bi-laterals series take place.
    Imran-Kapil or Any other name would be fine as long as itís not ĎKitplyí or ĎCool n Coolí 😂

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Shaheen Bagh, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That's 2 of the 3 greatest pure ARs (1. Kapil 2. Botham 3 Imran) ever to play the game right there. It would be a huge honour to Kapil and Imran who were among the most iconic cricketers of their era,

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would go for something more modern like Hafeez-Kohli series , honouring the two batting maestros of the sub continent.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BCCI is least interested.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    That's 2 of the 3 greatest pure ARs (1. Kapil 2. Botham 3 Imran) ever to play the game right there. It would be a huge honour to Kapil and Imran who were among the most iconic cricketers of their era,
    Youíre forgetting Richard Hadlee.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Shaheen Bagh, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    Youíre forgetting Richard Hadlee.
    A good all rounder but not a pure all rounder. He could bat a bit just like Sobers could bowl a bit.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    I would go for something more modern like Hafeez-Kohli series , honouring the two batting maestros of the sub continent.
    Letís keep it simple with Kapil-Imran Cup

I would also like to see Pakistan-England matches being renamed.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Waqar is outdated and living in the past. Indian Cricket is so self sufficient, they don't even need anyone anymore let alone Pakistan. Look at the ex Indian players who have started talking tough against Pakistan in the last few years
    In a show where he is probably interacting with Indian fans, he needs to say things like these.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wish Waqar would just shut up and the rest who keep harping about the same. He's just making a laughing stock out of himself. Dude must be really thick if he hasn't realised India fully mixes politics into its sports.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seen so called fans mock big 3 for wanting to play for financial reasons, PCB have been desperate to play India for a while. I wonder what the reasons are for that. Also seen our ex players calling for us to play India a lot as well.

Sick of our fans acting like big 3 are only financially incentivised. At least big 3 are well run as well as looking after themselves financially.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Seen so called fans mock big 3 for wanting to play for financial reasons, PCB have been desperate to play India for a while. I wonder what the reasons are for that. Also seen our ex players calling for us to play India a lot as well.

Sick of our fans acting like big 3 are only financially incentivised. At least big 3 are well run as well as looking after themselves financially.
    Wth did i just read .😂😂😂.waqar younis is just giving his opinion what it has to do with pcb
    Last edited by saeed5646; 2nd June 2020 at 01:00.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Its high time pakistani cricketers stop talking about wanting to play india when its not going to happen

They are embarrassing themselves and their country

I thought waqar was more intelligent than that

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why Pakistani don't have series with other countries like border-gavaskar trophy or warne-murali trophy?

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liam26 View Post
    BCCI is least interested.
    I'd highly doubt their board isn't interested in making a lot of money.

It's not the board that's the problem, it's the government backing it. A Pakistan-India series won't happen while Modi is in charge.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Naz View Post
    I'd highly doubt their board isn't interested in making a lot of money.

It's not the board that's the problem, it's the government backing it. A Pakistan-India series won't happen while Modi is in charge.
    Correct, corrupt and greedy BCCI officials will never let go off the opportunity to make more money, Indo-Pak bilaterals doesn't matter how the matches go or how many stars are there, will always be the number one cash cow in the world of cricket.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Correct, corrupt and greedy BCCI officials will never let go off the opportunity to make more money, Indo-Pak bilaterals doesn't matter how the matches go or how many stars are there, will always be the number one cash cow in the world of cricket.
    You mean number 2. The number 1 cash cow in the world of cricket is IPL.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Yeah, should have worded differently, number one in the world of international cricket.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    More chances of a bilateral happening than a Pakistani getting an Ipl contract.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Yeah, should have worded differently, number one in the world of international cricket.
    You have no idea how BCCI is paid the broadcast money. Bcci doesn't sell rights per series.

Its on per match basis on pro rata basis.. Not on opposition basis.

All Bcci rights are already sold and any extra matches with any team, be it pakistan or SA or Aus or NZ.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    More chances of a bilateral happening than a Pakistani getting an Ipl contract.
    I would disagree tbh, I think a Pakistani getting an IPL contract would be a way to test the waters before a bilateral series.

(Though neither will ever happen, but in the hypothetical that one does, the IPL contract is more likely)

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You have no idea how BCCI is paid the broadcast money. Bcci doesn't sell rights per series.

Its on per match basis on pro rata basis.. Not on opposition basis.

All Bcci rights are already sold and any extra matches with any team, be it pakistan or SA or Aus or NZ.
    Opposition is factored into account when the broadcast deal is created. Star Sports would see more money in a Pakistan series for example compared to a Bangladesh series, and would increase the size of their broadcast deal.

You are right, we donít know the breakdown. But it is no doubt a large amount

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad name for the series. However, any series between these two nations is unlikely to happen soon.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir would definitely get an IPL contract if he wasnít a Pakistani.

Same goes for Babar Azam, I guess.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueez View Post
    Amir would definitely get an IPL contract if he wasnít a Pakistani.

Same goes for Babar Azam, I guess.
    Donít forget Shaheen and Shadab.

Amir would be a contender for one of the highest contracts imo, he has quite a cult following in India for CT17 as well as Asia Cup 16

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    It's that time of month again. This question has been asked to death.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Opposition is factored into account when the broadcast deal is created. Star Sports would see more money in a Pakistan series for example compared to a Bangladesh series, and would increase the size of their broadcast deal.

You are right, we donít know the breakdown. But it is no doubt a large amount
    Star Sports will pay BCCI INR 60.1cr for each match. The opposition may be anyone.But BCCI hardly hosts low key series except BD once in 5 years.

So it wont matter if Pakistan comes or Australia or SA or Eng etc etc.

BCCIs deal is fixed, they get the money as long as the matches are played.

Thats why Bcci isnt bothered about hosting Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    I would disagree tbh, I think a Pakistani getting an IPL contract would be a way to test the waters before a bilateral series.

(Though neither will ever happen, but in the hypothetical that one does, the IPL contract is more likely)
    A IPL contract means agreement of Govt. BCCI and the IPL owning team. No IPL team may be ready to pay a Pakistani, knowing tommorow he may be shooting off his mouth on Kashmir and media will be fillled with images of that player wearing the IPL team jersey with the comments. Who will take the risk of that negative publicity?

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amir would be a contender for one of the highest contracts imo, he has quite a cult following in India for CT17 as well as Asia Cup 16
    Yes I agree Shaheen and Shadab (maybe even Wahab) would get it too.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I agree Shaheen and Shadab (maybe even Wahab) would get it too.
    What about imad waseem as an all rounder or one of the young ones naseem or husnain ?

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    What about imad waseem as an all rounder or one of the young ones naseem or husnain ?
    Imad Wasim wouldíve gotten one when he was #1 T20 bowler. Naseem would probably get one too. Husnain got picked by Trinidad Knight Riders which is owned by SRK, so yeah he couldíve been in the IPL scene too.

The problem is our players are quite good in T20s: after all we were in top 3 for quite a few years. And the bowling standard in the IPL could change drastically if Pakistani bowlers join the league.

However we will never be able to see our players in IPL...

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It wont happen cos theyd just bicker on the format of the name?
    Why cant it be Kapil - Imran trophy?...lol

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imad Wasim would’ve gotten one when he was #1 T20 bowler. Naseem would probably get one too. Husnain got picked by Trinidad Knight Riders which is owned by SRK, so yeah he could’ve been in the IPL scene too.

The problem is our players are quite good in T20s: after all we were in top 3 for quite a few years. And the bowling standard in the IPL could change drastically if Pakistani bowlers join the league.

However we will never be able to see our players in IPL...
    Agreed the standard of bowling would make IPL more competitive and the scores would be lower.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really. Amir is more well known in India for wrong reasons. Plus its highly unlikely BCCI will allow fixing accused in IPL. Given they banned Sreesanth for life

Babar & Shaheen Afridi will be most likely picks. Babar has become pretty well known for his prolofic run scoring.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NishanKonar View Post
    Not really. Amir is more well known in India for wrong reasons. Plus its highly unlikely BCCI will allow fixing accused in IPL. Given they banned Sreesanth for life

Babar & Shaheen Afridi will be most likely picks. Babar has become pretty well known for his prolofic run scoring.
    Of course amir will get picked

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Of course amir will get picked
    Fixers are not allowed in bcci tournaments.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Were does it say that ?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Really? Last I checked Dhoniís still playing

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Cleared by ICC, PCB - think of another insult please.

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But cheaters are? I understand that Steven Smith is captaining an IPL side this year and Warner's past is forgiven because he danced to a few Bollywood songs on tiktok.

The selective morality play from joshila as per usual, is precious

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? Last I checked Dhoniís still playing
    When did Dhoni fix ?

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfPakBreakfast View Post
    But cheaters are? I understand that Steven Smith is captaining an IPL side this year and Warner's past is forgiven because he danced to a few Bollywood songs on tiktok.

Spot fixing >>>>>>>>>>>> Ball tampering

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfPakBreakfast View Post

Steve Smith/Warner were made a scapegoat. Because of social media driven agenda the guy along with Warner were punished really harshly. Ball tampering has been going on in cricket since 70's. The guys should have been handed 3-5 games ban, not a year ban.

It was a media trial which resulted in their bans. In today's world where every Tom dick and harry has an opinion due to social media the chaps got a hard stick.

Fixing on the other hand is actually a crime. You can't compare the two.

It's preposterous to see people comparing the two, it's like comparing someone who stole a piece of bread to someone who committed mass murders.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Series won't happen in next decade. Even if BJP is voted out of power in 2024, it will take another 5 years for their policies to be reversed.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    When did Dhoni fix ?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Cleared by ICC, PCB - think of another insult please.
    IPL is run by Bcci, not ICC or PCB.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IPL is run by Bcci, not ICC or PCB.
    Deep down you know if Amir wasnít Pakistani he would get one of the most expensive IPL contracts

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Deep down you know if Amir wasnít Pakistani he would get one of the most expensive IPL contracts
    Tbh he could easily bag a better contract than Cummins. Heís such a better T20 bowler.

And purely in terms of the Indians heís dismissed in limited overs on the big stage, he probably has the most teka of any bowler in the world right now

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh he could easily bag a better contract than Cummins. Heís such a better T20 bowler.

And purely in terms of the Indians heís dismissed in limited overs on the big stage, he probably has the most teka of any bowler in the world right now
    Exactly. Every opposition is wary of Amir when he is bowling.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir is much better than Cummins in LOI. Cummins is more of a Test specialist.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    He will not get a IPL contract.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He will not get a IPL contract.
    Itís a hypothetical. If he did get a contract, it would be one of the biggest contracts around.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Lol.

Cummins has a better avg and econ in T20Is than Amir.

Amir wont get anywhere near the IPL. Not even close.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol.

Cummins has a better avg and econ in T20Is than Amir.

Amir wont get anywhere near the IPL. Not even close.
    Not true, both are similar since Amir's comeback.

Amir: 30 matches, 30 wkts, avg - 21.3
    Cummins: 13 matches, 13 wkts, avg - 21.3
    Last edited by Saj; 4th June 2020 at 03:07.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @cricketjoshila IPL is also not just about stats but brands. Youíre telling me the guy who demolished Sharma, Dhawan, Kohli (twice) in the CT 17 final as well as in the Asia Cup 2016 game would fail to get a contract?

Any sane franchise owner would put him first on the list.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The biggest way to develop an IPL brand to get selected is performing against India.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Not true, both are similar since Amir's comeback.

Amir: 36 matches, 36 wkts, avg - 21.3
    Cummins: 13 matyches, 13 wkts, avg - 21.3
    Just to add:

Amir econ: 6.93
    Cummins econ: 7.11

I'm not sure where Cummins better avg and econ is coming from?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Just to add:

Amir econ: 6.93
    Cummins econ: 7.11

I'm not sure where Cummins better avg and econ is coming from?
    The discussion should be about T20s, not T20Is anyway since IPL isn't international cricket.

Amir: avg 20.93, econ 6.93, sr 18.1
    Cummins: avg 24.18, econ 7.73, sr 18.7

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem with Amir is not about quality but his involvement in fixing

In Pakistan there is general sentiment in bringing back fixing accused players. Latest being Sharjeel. In India they never get selected again. Sreesanth got cleared by Supreme Court but never allowed by BCCI to play in IPL

Again its not abt quality of Amir but rather BCCI's no tolerance policy on fixing. If they allow Amir - they will have to allow Sreesanth

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Venue
    Perth, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @cricketjoshila IPL is also not just about stats but brands. Youíre telling me the guy who demolished Sharma, Dhawan, Kohli (twice) in the CT 17 final as well as in the Asia Cup 2016 game would fail to get a contract?

Kohli, Warner etc would be higher

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by therealAB View Post
    Kohli, Warner etc would be higher
    Yeah but no doubt ďone of the biggestĒ

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By this logic Hasan Ali wud be hottest pick in IPL based on CT17 performances !!!

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    By this logic Hasan Ali wud be hottest pick in IPL based on CT17 performances !!!
    Hasan Ali didnít demolish Kohli Dhawan and Rohit.

Itís not just about international performances, itís about performances against Indians, and the best Indians at that and in an ICC final.

Amir demolished them twice. Asia Cup T20 2016 as well.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasan Ali didnít demolish Kohli Dhawan and Rohit.

Itís not just about international performances, itís about performances against Indians, and the best Indians at that and in an ICC final.

Amir demolished them twice. Asia Cup T20 2016 as well.
    Well those were 3 years back. The top players of CT17 have regressed badly since then - Fakhar , Hasan , Sarfraz , Azhar & even Amir to some extent. Dont think IPL teams wud decide to buy players based on what happened 3-4 years back. In fact they are known to be very ruthless & drop players after 1 off season

Anyways we are deviating from topic. Amir wud gave got picked if not for fixing charges. BCCI wud end up in big pickle if they select Amir after tough stance taken on Sreesanth for similar offence

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well those were 3 years back. The top players of CT17 have regressed badly since then - Fakhar , Hasan , Sarfraz , Azhar & even Amir to some extent. Dont think IPL teams wud decide to buy players based on what happened 3-4 years back. In fact they are known to be very ruthless & drop players after 1 off season

Anyways we are deviating from topic. Amir wud gave got picked if not for fixing charges. BCCI wud end up in big pickle if they select Amir after tough stance taken on Sreesanth for similar offence
    Bro IPL would have bought them then is what Iím saying

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem with Amir is not about quality but his involvement in fixing

In Pakistan there is general sentiment in bringing back fixing accused players. Latest being Sharjeel. In India they never get selected again. Sreesanth got cleared by Supreme Court but never allowed by BCCI to play in IPL

Again its not abt quality of Amir but rather BCCI's no tolerance policy on fixing. If they allow Amir - they will have to allow Sreesanth
    Well put.

No doubt Amir is pretty good bowler and on his day could rip-apart any batting line up. But given his past conviction in fixing a game, he would find it hard to please BCCI( given if Pakistani cricketers are allowed).

Theoretically, Azam, Naseem, S Afridi, etc would fetch pretty good money at auction.