User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] Jemima Khan : 'Shabash & respect to this Pakistani-British cab driver keeping his cool'

==

In the viral social media video, Abid Mustafa is seen composedly handling the native passenger as the man ranted "this is England", and "we'll blow you out the f** water".

The drunk passenger then yelled at Mustafa: “You are from Pakistan. You think you are [f…..g] special. No wonder the Indian[s] are bombing you. You're never going to win that battle, are you?"

He mocked the Pakistani cab driver that he was “lucky” to be in England.

The video began with a man sitting in the front passenger seat asking Mustafa: "Who do you think you are?

"You think you're something special - Pakistan?"

To which the driver humbly replied: "Thank you very much sir."

Pointing to a camera facing both men, Mustafa said: "I will put this on Facebook now buddy, and more people will see you and what you're saying [especially now] when people can see your face as well."

When the passenger refused to get off the taxi, the driver warned him that he will charge extra for waiting time. To which, the enraged passenger replied : "I'll tell you what, do you think Pakistan are going to beat the English?"

The driver, while once again maintaining his cool, responded: "We're not here for a competition, sir."

With no intention of defusing the tensed situation, the passenger went on to deride the Pakistani cab driver: "Well I'll tell you what about wars, wars?"

Father-of-four, Mustafa, who is being made the first honourary ambassador of the West Midlands Taxi Drivers' Association (WMTDA) for the way he handled the incident, said that he had been "hurt" by what had happened.

The drivers’s union said that in the last few weeks Mustafa had shuttled vital COVID-19 samples for the University Hospitals Birmingham National Health System (NHS) Foundation Trust during the tough times of pandemic, before being subject to the passenger's abuse.

The 39-year-old cab driver said that the passenger started his tirade as soon as he was picked up in Erdington, in Birmingham, and that he had constantly warned him to stop.

Believing that every (Black, Asian, Migrant and Ethnic) BAME driver in the West Midlands has been subjected to racist abuse from passengers at one point or another, the victim said: "I have a heart and emotions and it does hurt. The words do hurt us. But I chose the profession and I have to face these challenges."

West Midland Police are investigating the incident.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/291468-uk-...ni-taxi-driver
    Last edited by MenInG; 5th June 2020 at 22:21.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The Taxi driver was very composed and polite in response to this racist drunkard. Most people wouldn’t be so polite in response to abuse.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    It's a horrible job for a foreigner, but most of them will take the abuse with a shrug because it pays good money for relatively little skill. With Covid-19, cab drivers are redundant now, although I heard a lot of them are taking on delivery work.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shabash?

He should have slapped the saliva out of this mouth at the every minimum.

Either he is scared or because he's an immigrant to the UK. Instead he puts on fb so every other Pakistani has to listen to this nonsense.

Pathetic Asians in the UK

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    It's a horrible job for a foreigner, but most of them will take the abuse with a shrug because it pays good money for relatively little skill. With Covid-19, cab drivers are redundant now, although I heard a lot of them are taking on delivery work.
    Sure why put the video on social media? If you cant deal with your own problem, dont expect others to help or feel sympathy. This sin't the 1960's.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Sure why put the video on social media? If you cant deal with your own problem, dont expect others to help or feel sympathy. This sin't the 1960's.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shabash?

Either he is scared or because he's an immigrant to the UK. Instead he puts on fb so every other Pakistani has to listen to this nonsense.

Agreed. No need to milk it

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shabash?

The empty vessel making a lot of noise again.

I guarantee that you wouldn’t have done a single thing.

Better luck next time

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shabash?

I agree with you but he could've been in jail had he done that. He could've lost his job.

I think it is good that he uploaded this on social media so that the abuser could be identified.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The amount of abuse the taxi and take away staff are subjected to is horrific. Most have families that are dependent on them, hence they take the abuse.

It shouldn’t be on them to react. It should be on us as society to stop this sort of behaviour.

I saw similar incidents quite regularly when I used to work the doors as a student.

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    The amount of abuse the taxi and take away staff are subjected to is horrific. Most have families that are dependent on them, hence they take the abuse.

It shouldn’t be on them to react. It should be on us as society to stop this sort of behaviour.

I saw similar incidents quite regularly when I used to work the doors as a student.
    Actually, back then it was the women more than the men that were far more abusive.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post

This translates across professions to some extent. Even in your profession, I am sure there are cases where people in the medical field get slightly less respect from some quarters than they would if they were white.

Taxi driving was a perfectly respectable profession at one time, now you get even desi people using it as a put down, which tells you a lot about their self image.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    As you've seen in the subsequent post, putting it on facebook has resulted in the drunken slob being arrested. Might not have been as satisfying as punching him in the face, but ended up being a lot more effective. If he'd hit the passenger, he'd have ended up in jail himself.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    ''No wonder the Indian[s] are bombing you''

Shows how good the Indian propaganda machine has been, they got their arses handed out to them the only time they attempted to bomb us for decades.

As for the incident, FAR too many....I have seen them far too many even against white takeaway drivers. people think they are easy targets.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Taxi drivers used to have to deal with this every night

Baseball bats in the boot
    Locked doors so people don't run away
    Radios to get help from other taxis when they get hit
    Smashed windows and attacks on the taxi plates and taxi sponsors on top of the cars

He did deal with the situation amicably and very responsibly without going commando and getting irate

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha kashmiri View Post
    Taxi drivers used to have to deal with this every night

Baseball bats in the boot
    Locked doors so people don't run away
    Radios to get help from other taxis when they get hit
    Smashed windows and attacks on the taxi plates and taxi sponsors on top of the cars

He did deal with the situation amicably and very responsibly without going commando and getting irate
    A friend mine of carried a cricket bat and the Police warned him that it maybe construed as a weapon, so decided to carry a cricket ball with it, to avoid any charge of premeditation.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    A friend mine of carried a cricket bat and the Police warned him that it maybe construed as a weapon, so decided to carry a cricket ball with it, to avoid any charge of premeditation.
    This is hilarious Good on him

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Hopefully he'll get charged and will think twice about doing this again.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post

Shows how good the Indian propaganda machine has been, they got their arses handed out to them the only time they attempted to bomb us for decades.

As for the incident, FAR too many....I have seen them far too many even against white takeaway drivers. people think they are easy targets.
    Your biggest takeaway from a news involving a bigot abusing a fellow immigrant and in this case a countryman especially at a time when racial discrimination in western countries is the hottest topic is the success of the Indian propaganda machine?

I mean even the nationalist in me didn’t think of seeing this in that angle. You win the internet for today sir

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @Local.Dada
    Tape Ball Star

This message is hidden because Local.Dada is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list

You guys still bother with this.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post

Soft power matters, so much so that even the racist passenger isn’t immune to it. Hopefully the tide will turn with a decade or so more of Modi at the helm, and propaganda tools like Gandhi and yoga will lose their efficacy.

Speaking of which, a Gandhi statue was vandalized in Washington DC, with protestors spray paining “Racist” on it. It’s a start. Little acorns, mighty oaks and all that...

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Germany educated germans behave that way towards brown/black people that is hard to swallow. This is the price that you have to pay when you are living in a foreign country. That's why make your country more prosperous and progressive however given the nature of South Asians that day may not happen in the near future.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    I know someone who had their license revoked for slapping a passenger

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    The Taxi driver was very composed and polite in response to this racist drunkard. Most people wouldn’t be so polite in response to abuse.
    He was composed because he knew the episode was being recorded.

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This translates across professions to some extent. Even in your profession, I am sure there are cases where people in the medical field get slightly less respect from some quarters than they would if they were white.

Taxi driving was a perfectly respectable profession at one time, now you get even desi people using it as a put down, which tells you a lot about their self image.
    On the shop floor you’re not likely to experience much discrimination from colleagues as healthcare is dominated by minorities. However, there does seem to be a glass ceiling when it comes higher management roles, both in the UK and US.

The abuse from patients differs from area to area.

Taxi driving is still a respectable profession. Any means by which someone earns an honest living to feed their family is deserving of respect. Those who disparage it are the ones that should be mocked.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shabash?

What on earth did I just read?

Are you new to the internet?

Internet justice is a great idea in expaing drunken racists like this.

He doesn't risk anything and the drunk has his name and face plastered on the Interner forever as a pathetic old man.

Also how does this make Asians in the UK pathetic ?

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my advice to Pakistanis. Remain in Britain and loot the bloody colonialists. These white Anglo-Saxons looted our nation and now it is payback time. Educate your children and instill hardcore Pakistaniat in them. Reap the benefits and let the ugly UKIP racists sweat like a pig. Let these Tommy Robinson types bark like a dog. Their time is up. Brexit has revealed the true face of Britain. A disgusting hateful country that is a little poodle of America. Even the European nations surrounding it had enough of its barking. Reduced to a little insignificant island. Further sliding into a chaos and insignificance. Begging for trade deals and hating EU.

Loot these British and feel good about it. If they come to fight in your neighbourhood, break their ugly racist jaw. Beat them up and make them feel insignificant in their own country. Enough of this UKIP B S.
    Last edited by junoon; 8th June 2020 at 08:24.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pakistani taxi driver grateful for support after Birmingham racist attack

Speaking to Geo.tv, Mustafa described the incident in totality. "I requested the passenger to sit in the back seat due to social distancing but the passenger told me that he would not do so since I did not have a protective screen," he said.

He highlighted how having a protective screen was not required as per the guidelines in the UK. He allowed the passenger to sit on the front seat but was verbally attacked over his nationality and religion.

In the midst of the ride, he explained, he had even stopped his taxi and offered to order another cab for the passenger but the latter continued with his abusive tirade. Even after he was informed of the camera facing him, he did not stop.

"I told him again and again that I will upload the video on Facebook and the world would see your face but he told me that he didn't care if his racist abuse was known to the world," the driver said.

"Not every passenger is wrong and not every driver is perfect. Anyone can make a mistake. I advise all councils in the UK to make a camera compulsory for drivers."

Mustafa requested the councils to ensure cameras in taxis for the protection of drivers and passengers alike. "I thank all the UK journalists especially Jemima Khan who praised me in my Urdu language.

"It's a matter of pride for me that I was identified as a Pakistani. I am lucky that I got the chance to represent my community positively."

Had he aggressively replied to the passenger, Mustafa noted, his license might have been cancelled and people may have thought that he was the instigator.

"I would have to go to court to prove my evidence. Patience bears fruit and it is because of this patience, God almighty has helped me. The whole world has praised my patience, I am extremely grateful for the support I have received."

Mustafa pledged to serve his passengers optimally and to play his role in bridging the gap between different ethnicities in the UK. He expressed his gratitude to people of all nationalities and religions who raised a voice against the racist abuse he faced.

"My message to other taxi drivers is that they should conduct their jobs according to our professional standards. God willing, we will be successful if we remain calm amid chaos."

https://www.geo.tv/latest/292546-pak...-racist-attack

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The man showed great composure and did the right thing. But as usual you will have some internet tough guys suggesting he should have slapped the guy or punched him.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jammy has always been there to back the Pakistanis. Respect

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by junoon View Post
    This is my advice to Pakistanis. Remain in Britain and loot the bloody colonialists. These white Anglo-Saxons looted our nation and now it is payback time. Educate your children and instill hardcore Pakistaniat in them. Reap the benefits and let the ugly UKIP racists sweat like a pig. Let these Tommy Robinson types bark like a dog. Their time is up. Brexit has revealed the true face of Britain. A disgusting hateful country that is a little poodle of America. Even the European nations surrounding it had enough of its barking. Reduced to a little insignificant island. Further sliding into a chaos and insignificance. Begging for trade deals and hating EU.

Loot these British and feel good about it. If they come to fight in your neighbourhood, break their ugly racist jaw. Beat them up and make them feel insignificant in their own country. Enough of this UKIP B S.
    Interesting advice. How much of this can be accomplished while locked up in prison?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The way to ‘get back’ is education.

Pakistani families work too hard on producing too many kids with a single earner in the house. IMO, two parents who both earn well and have 2 children maximum can afford to pay for the tuition fees at good schools. Give your children the best opportunity to strive forward and become the best in society. Nothing hurts racists more than seeing a successful non-white person.

Physical violence will hurt for a bit, but the psychological trauma of a class change/upgrade of the minority classes due to education will have a very long and lasting affect.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halaribo View Post
    Interesting advice. How much of this can be accomplished while locked up in prison?
    It's rubbish advice, UKIP are a busted flush, there's no need to sink to their level. That is how you end up like the blacks in America.

America was built on the back of immigrants, would be better advice to look at the more successful communities and follow their lead. Britain does have some racist undertones, but it also has a lot of opportunity to rise above it if you want to. Still one of the best countries to live in, so get your share of it rather than stew in resentment.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Example #56191815615 proving that the average Brit cannot hold up anything more than a single glass of beer.

Must be genetic.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's rubbish advice, UKIP are a busted flush, there's no need to sink to their level. That is how you end up like the blacks in America.

America was built on the back of immigrants, would be better advice to look at the more successful communities and follow their lead. Britain does have some racist undertones, but it also has a lot of opportunity to rise above it if you want to. Still one of the best countries to live in, so get your share of it rather than stew in resentment.
    Yeah, pretty much what I was getting at, following that nonsense would lead to everyone in jail.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)

I think you would make a good lead in a serious version of Citizen Khan.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two wrongs don't make a right if you wanna show you are better than there are better ways to handling situation than violence.