Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What's the rumoured price?

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    what's the rumoured price?
    $500 usd

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharib Aadmi View Post
    $500 usd
    Thanks.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharib Aadmi View Post
    $500 usd
    Ouch that is going to be ~700CAD

Besides HZD2, Kena really caught my eye. Potential to be Sony's own Zelda.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Can you explain what this means?

Will I be able to play FIFA20 online with my friends who have PS4?
    It depends on the game like @JaDed said but Iím hoping the library of games that can be played from previous gens is big enough

Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon and others

If one only plays fifa would it be worth upgrading?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6795 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon and others

If one only plays fifa would it be worth upgrading?
    I would say yes. Bear in mind that it is an investment that will last you 6+ years. Though you will also have to buy an 8k tv to get a full PS5 experience, and they are extremely expensive.

I think PS4 to PS5 is a bigger jump than PS3 to PS4. It would probably feel like upgrading from PS2 to PS3.

For many people including myself, this would most likely be the last console that I would buy. I donít see myself gaming in my mid to late 30ís, so I donít mind splashing some lakhs on a PS5 and an 8k tv now.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6795 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    @Technics 1210

Any recommendations on 8k TVs? Anything between 50-60 inches would be good enough for me.

I have had Samsung TVs for years now but I am tempted to pair the PS5 with a Sony.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    @Technics 1210

Any recommendations on 8k TVs? Anything between 50-60 inches would be good enough for me.

I have had Samsung TVs for years now but I am tempted to pair the PS5 with a Sony.
    Definetly get a Sony. Interface is way more user friendly.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Technics 1210

Whats your guess on how much the PS5 would cost in Pakistan ?

"You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6795 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romali_rotti View Post
    Whats your guess on how much the PS5 would cost in Pakistan ?
    $500 is equal to PKR 81,000.

So considering the import and duty costs and other charges including retail profit etc., I would say it would probably cost around PKR 120,000.

I would have it delivered to my cousin in the U.S. though. No point in paying extra for it in Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6795 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    Definetly get a Sony. Interface is way more user friendly.
    Yes I am leaning towards Sony, but I would settle for a cheaper alternative provided as long as it is comparable quality.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Technics 1210

I would recommend Samsung as a brand but I think its too early to invest in 8K. At the moment there is not enough 8K material (games/movies) available.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really dissapointed with Rockstar. They announced a remastered GTAV for the PS5, and are gifting free GTA dollars every month to every player until the PS5 is launched.

RDR2 players however have not seen a single update/announcement for 6 months. I could do with some free RDR2 dollars, it takes me 2 to 3 hours to earn 500 by doing 2 3-star moonshine deliveries.

I'm going to call it a day with RDR2 once my 100 day streak is done (2 more days). After that I will only return to the game once there is more meaningful content, and I've been playing since the Beta Online was open in Dec 2018.

Almost 600 hours online now (240 hrs in story-mode) maxed out everything from weapons, outfits, roles, recipes, upgrades, and ability cards. Finished the Legendary bounty contracts to 5 star difficulty. Have about 300 gold bars which should be enough to unlock new content in the future.

A masterpiece, but the RDR2 online is becoming very tedious and boring. Need new content ASAP!

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technics 1210 View Post
    Really dissapointed with Rockstar. They announced a remastered GTAV for the PS5, and are gifting free GTA dollars every month to every player until the PS5 is launched.

RDR2 players however have not seen a single update/announcement for 6 months. I could do with some free RDR2 dollars, it takes me 2 to 3 hours to earn 500 by doing 2 3-star moonshine deliveries.

I'm going to call it a day with RDR2 once my 100 day streak is done (2 more days). After that I will only return to the game once there is more meaningful content, and I've been playing since the Beta Online was open in Dec 2018.

Almost 600 hours online now (240 hrs in story-mode) maxed out everything from weapons, outfits, roles, recipes, upgrades, and ability cards. Finished the Legendary bounty contracts to 5 star difficulty. Have about 300 gold bars which should be enough to unlock new content in the future.

A masterpiece, but the RDR2 online is becoming very tedious and boring. Need new content ASAP!
    I think they have been waiting for a new consoles for the next game for sure.Post December 2021 probably.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Havenít cared for Rockstar since Max Payne 3. Not a fan of GTA 5 and Red Dead 2

Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    $500 is equal to PKR 81,000.

So considering the import and duty costs and other charges including retail profit etc., I would say it would probably cost around PKR 120,000.

I would have it delivered to my cousin in the U.S. though. No point in paying extra for it in Pakistan.
    But if you import it from the US, wouldn't there be game compatibility issues due to region block and also the voltage difference so you would need a transformer to up the voltage to 226 ?

"You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6795 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    But if you import it from the US, wouldn't there be game compatibility issues due to region block and also the voltage difference so you would need a transformer to up the voltage to 226 ?
    Probably, will have to figure a way out. I have heard you can find other regions compatible consoles on Amazon.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably, will have to figure a way out. I have heard you can find other regions compatible consoles on Amazon.
    Games are region free, it's the movies that are affected by region lock. I play USA and Asia games releases on my UK PS, but only Region 2 movies.

Powerwise a UK PS4 works in the USA etc. Just need a different power lead. Japan however is special case.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Technics 1210

You don't actually need a 8k TV, games this generation will not take advantage of that, and other media just isn't available in 8k, don't see it being available for a while honestly.

My suggestion would be to get OLED TV from LG. C9 or B9 is the best available right now. You won't regret it.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6795 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    I would recommend Samsung as a brand but I think its too early to invest in 8K. At the moment there is not enough 8K material (games/movies) available.
    Games are region free, it's the movies that are affected by region lock. I play USA and Asia games releases on my UK PS, but only Region 2 movies.

Powerwise a UK PS4 works in the USA etc. Just need a different power lead. Japan however is special case.
    Quote Originally Posted by static View Post
    You don't actually need a 8k TV, games this generation will not take advantage of that, and other media just isn't available in 8k, don't see it being available for a while honestly.

My suggestion would be to get OLED TV from LG. C9 or B9 is the best available right now. You won't regret it.
    Thank you for the advice. Much appreciated.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    here are 3 videos from a game developer - talking about the ps5:

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the advice. Much appreciated.
    mamoon can i ask you, why would you need 8k, dont you live in pakistan-peshawar?- thrs no 8k signal in pakistan = coming from a tv station

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think it may let you enter the US address if the relative is okay with it, so it just seems like its actually still sat in the US.

Gave my UK address to a nephew in Pak for his UK PS4 (Pak was not listed) as he needed a COD update or something. This seemed to work.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6795 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy7 View Post
    mamoon can i ask you, why would you need 8k, dont you live in pakistan-peshawar?- thrs no 8k signal in pakistan = coming from a tv station
    I have very little knowledge about tech, especially tv tech. I have no idea what ď8k signalĒ means - I was under the impression that an 8k tv is simply the latest ultra high definition tv in the market with the best results, so I thought I would make an investment and pair one with the PS5 to enjoy the best possible experience.

By 8k signal, are you referring to the cable service provided? Do you mean that an 8k tv will not be compatible with the cable in Pakistan?

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have very little knowledge about tech, especially tv tech. I have no idea what “8k signal” means - I was under the impression that an 8k tv is simply the latest ultra high definition tv in the market with the best results, so I thought I would make an investment and pair one with the PS5 to enjoy the best possible experience.

By 8k signal, are you referring to the cable service provided? Do you mean that an 8k tv will not be compatible with the cable in Pakistan?
    4K is still in it’s infancy for consumer & cable companies. Most of us are happy with 1080p. 8K resolution has got a long way to go before it takes off. Do cable companies in Pak even support 4K yet?

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have very little knowledge about tech, especially tv tech. I have no idea what ď8k signalĒ means - I was under the impression that an 8k tv is simply the latest ultra high definition tv in the market with the best results, so I thought I would make an investment and pair one with the PS5 to enjoy the best possible experience.

4K is still in itís infancy for consumer & cable companies. Most of us are happy with 1080p. 8K resolution has got a long way to go before it takes off. Do cable companies in Pak even support 4K yet?

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have very little knowledge about tech, especially tv tech. I have no idea what “8k signal” means - I was under the impression that an 8k tv is simply the latest ultra high definition tv in the market with the best results, so I thought I would make an investment and pair one with the PS5 to enjoy the best possible experience.

8k only available in japan - not even in south Korea:

basically the signal is dependent on your tv station, say for instance if your tv station films/ shoots/ records only at 720p(which nearly every station does in the UK) you will get that 720p image on your tv -even if your tv has a higher spec like 1080p/4k/8k.

Also thr is really no point in getting a higher resolution screen for any device - say you want a 4k screen - you do need a larger screen to see the benefits - i think its around 50inch and upwards, but for 8k again it will be even larger - but im unsure-

Your tv can upscale the image- but unfortunately upscalling doesn't work great :

see video below:

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Really donít see the point of investing in gaming PCs instead of consoles which exist for a reason.

I am not denying that customizing a high end gaming PC would probably produce better graphics, but would it be worth the effort, time, money? I highly doubt so.

I bought my PS4 in December 2013 and it has given me zero problems. I am quite amazed by the fact that I didnít even need to service it once. Amazing machine.
    Consoles are more suited for the casual gamer. most people who take gaming seriously, like pros, or content creators, would prefer to have a PC, so they can get the highest FPS, as well as the advantage of mouse and keyboard play.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As someone plays shooters competitively and is always playing Warzone, I'm delighted there are back buttons on this PS5 controller.

This will allow strafing, jump shots and bunny jumps a lot easier.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, should I buy PS4 or PS5?

I currently have Xbox One but I want to switch to PS.

@shaz619, what do you think?

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Canít wait for CoD!

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post

Try PS2, its pretty good.. from Xbox 1 to PS2...

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Try PS2, its pretty good.. from Xbox 1 to PS2...
    LOL. Do they even sell that thing anymore?

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    LOL. Do they even sell that thing anymore?
    Probably still sells more than PS3 on ebay.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably still sells more than PS3 on ebay.
    The reason why I was asking whether to buy PS4 or PS5 was because present games are on PS4 or PS3. Will the old games work with PS5? That's my question.

Also, I buy from Amazon.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 31st August 2020 at 22:33.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The reason why I was asking whether to buy PS4 or PS5 was because present games are on PS4 or PS3. Will the old games work with PS5? That's my question.

Also, I buy from Amazon.
    As per Sony majority of the PS4 games will work on PS5 but again it depends upon games. Are you telling me you are going to buy all the PS4 games for PS5 console why not just buy new games.

Considering you have Xbox one, why not go with new Xbox if you want backward compatibility?

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS5 has BC with PS4.

PS3 architecture was way too complex for PS4 to have BC with

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As per Sony majority of the PS4 games will work on PS5 but again it depends upon games. Are you telling me you are going to buy all the PS4 games for PS5 console why not just buy new games.

Considering you have Xbox one, why not go with new Xbox if you want backward compatibility?
    I basically want to completely switch to PS ecosystem and dump Xbox.

I may buy certain old games (Assassin's Creed games, for example).

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I basically want to completely switch to PS ecosystem and dump Xbox.

I may buy certain old games (Assassin's Creed games, for example).
    Then don't worry.

https://www.psu.com/news/assassins-c...o-ps5-upgrade/

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericBrand View Post
    PS5 has BC with PS4.

PS3 architecture was way too complex for PS4 to have BC with

Thanks.

I wait for PS5 then.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)

If you don't have a PS4 then I will wait a little bit depending on your financial situation and then get a PS5, plus the PS5 is backward compatible with PS4 games as well which you will be interested in purely from the POV of saving £ and also decent quality, PS5 games will cost extortionate amounts to begin with I imagine, I wont be buying PS5 anytime soon as I have a PS4; but if there is a really good deal out there during something like a black friday I may consider, however with all these second waves of corona etc sellers are using this as an opportunity to charge everyone ridiculous amounts for electronics

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    If you don't have a PS4 then I will wait a little bit depending on your financial situation and then get a PS5, plus the PS5 is backward compatible with PS4 games as well which you will be interested in purely from the POV of saving £ and also decent quality, PS5 games will cost extortionate amounts to begin with I imagine, I wont be buying PS5 anytime soon as I have a PS4; but if there is a really good deal out there during something like a black friday I may consider, however with all these second waves of corona etc sellers are using this as an opportunity to charge everyone ridiculous amounts for electronics
    Thanks.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shokz1408 View Post
    Canít wait for CoD!
    Do you play Warzone?

I'll definitely be getting the new COD, just need to decide whether I get it on PC or PS5.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Do you play Warzone?

I'll definitely be getting the new COD, just need to decide whether I get it on PC or PS5.
    Never warzone, religiously TDM, I play it everyday love it so much! Really canít wait for the new one 😁

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Never warzone, religiously TDM, I play it everyday love it so much! Really can’t wait for the new one ��
    Nice. I play a mix of MP and Warzone but I much prefer the latter because the time to kill (ttk) is much higher, which doesn't make it so easy for campers like we see on MP.

What is your go to guns?

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. I play a mix of MP and Warzone but I much prefer the latter because the time to kill (ttk) is much higher, which doesn't make it so easy for campers like we see on MP.

What is your go to guns?
    Always MP5 (primary weapon) and MP7 (secondary weapon). What do you go for?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Always MP5 (primary weapon) and MP7 (secondary weapon). What do you go for?
    Nice I like to run and gun as well. For the MP5 I suggest not using the FTAC collapsible attachment because that has been nerfed.

I mostly use the RAM-7 and MP5. The new finn LMG is quite good and I've maxed it out as well.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice I like to run and gun as well. For the MP5 I suggest not using the FTAC collapsible attachment because that has been nerfed.

I mostly use the RAM-7 and MP5. The new finn LMG is quite good and I've maxed it out as well.
    I have all my attachments set, I never change them, theyíve done me good. Yeah Iíve got the mp5 and mp7 maxed out haha, and itís all about that run and gun! 😁

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In the mean time NVIDIA has announced 3000 series beasts at insanely great prices - i might just invest in a gaming PC.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter View Post
    In the mean time NVIDIA has announced 3000 series beasts at insanely great prices - i might just invest in a gaming PC.
    Absolutely and I've been told GTX 3070 > GTX 2080ti.

I'd be p***ed if I bought the latter considering the 3070 is a third of the price.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Absolutely and I've been told GTX 3070 > GTX 2080ti.
    That at half the price of a 2080Ti. Crazy!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    On PS5 Will I be able to play fifa online with my friends who have ps4?

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On PS5 Will I be able to play fifa online with my friends who have ps4?
    No.

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That at half the price of a 2080Ti. Crazy!
    I've read the performance gain is 43%, pretty amazing for 40% of the price of a 2080ti.

3080 and 3090 are more suited for those who want higher frames in 4K and with ray tracing.

4K at 60fps is supposed to be realistic with the 3070.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laughing at gamers who want backward compatibility on the PS5.

I got new for you, you can play PS1, PS2, PS3, and PS4 games on the PS5 via PSNow. Oh if that's not enough, publishers will be releasing PS5 version of PS4 games for free (same architecture). You can even play PS3 games on the PS4 via PSNow.

Lastly, if you are going to buy a Ps5 and want to play PS4 games on it, then keep your PS4!

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In other news it is rumoured that the PS5 does not include an Audio Optical out!

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless you are a hardcore gamer, what difference does it make?

I mean back in the day, I bought a PS3 over an Xbox for the blue ray player.

8-9 years later I bought the Xbox over Ps4 for the 4K player.

Unless it is a new disruptive technology who cares. Itís the same crap in a new package.

Clearly I am not a gamer so I wonít get it so donít judge

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local.Dada View Post

Unless it is a new disruptive technology who cares. It’s the same crap in a new package.

Clearly I am not a gamer so I won’t get it so don’t judge
    It is the graphics.

I have used Xbox all my life but now I want to switch to PS.

Graphics of PS is much better.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local.Dada View Post

Unless it is a new disruptive technology who cares. Itís the same crap in a new package.

Clearly I am not a gamer so I wonít get it so donít judge
    Technical capabilities, and not the graphics. For example, the PS5 uses SSD which is less than 1TB but has an optimal data density. This means effectively no load screens. None. Zilch.

7 to 9nm fabrication. Less heat, less power. More efficiency. More processing.

Graphics maxed out. 8K is max, now it's just lightening enhancements etc. You could go higher than 8K etc but human eye cannot tell the difference.

Audio maxed out. 7.1 and 5.1 is now standard. Again could go higher to 96Khz, but again no point as humans cannot pick up that frequency range (hence why Super Audio standard failed).

But there is the ecosystem. I have 2 x PS3, 2 x PS4, 3 x PS Vita and a PS-VR.

The consoles of today are being designed as one stop entertainment boxes. I use my PS4 to watch Sky, Netflix, Disney+, Amazon etc, of course play games.

PS5 is a massive jump in terms of core technology but it is down to programmers to harness the tech.

So for someone who is not an avid game will not buy the PS5, unless for an exclusive.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    It is the graphics.

I have used Xbox all my life but now I want to switch to PS.

Graphics of PS is much better.
    I may potentially consider the new Xbox at some point purely because I want to play the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PlayStation 5 matches the price of the Xbox Series X

Sony has matched the price of the forthcoming flagship PlayStation 5 to that of Microsoft's Xbox Series X.
    Last time round, the PS4 significantly undercut the Xbox One at launch.
    Sony also confirmed the PS5's "digital edition" - which does not have a disc drive - would cost about 40% more than the low-end Xbox Series S.
    Both PS5 consoles are set to be released on 19 November in the UK, and 12 November in the US, Japan and Australia.
    That puts them slightly later than Microsoft's 10 November launch date.
    Sony was the clear leader in the previous generation of the so-called console wars.
    The various PlayStation 4 consoles outsold the Xbox One range by a factor of more than two to one.
    But the £449/$500/€500 cost of the Japanese firm's new top-end machine and £360/$400/€400 price of the digital edition means it may be a closer battle this time, at least to begin with.

Some industry-watchers believe Microsoft's combination of a £250 price for the XBox Series S and the value offered by the Xbox Game Pass subscription service could give the US firm an advantage.
    Microsoft offers members its first-party blockbuster games at launch in its games library, unlike Sony's existing PlayStation Now services, which is limited to older major releases.
    Sony showed off a new subscription service called the PlayStation Plus Collection for the PS5.
    But it appeared to focus on the PS4's greatest hits - including Last of Us Remastered, God of War and Bloodborne - rather than any of the PS5's forthcoming releases.
    "Microsoft has a really appealing offering with the Xbox Series S pricing at just £250, and Sony doesn't really have an answer to that for people who just want the cheapest possible entry point to next-generation gaming," video games journalist Laura Dale told the BBC.
    "However, people who want to play any of Sony's first-party franchises are unlikely to be swayed to Xbox just because it's cheaper."
    One key difference between the two companies' strategies is that the Xbox Series S delivers lower-resolution graphics than the Series X because it has less powerful components, while Sony has opted only to remove the Blu-ray drive from its entry-level machine.
    On that basis, its marketers may still argue it provides a better-value way to experience the full power of what next-generation games can deliver.

Even so, it is likely Sony will instead focus its appeal on the draw of its "console exclusive" titles.
    To that end, during its latest virtual event it showed trailers and gameplay for:
    Final Fantasy XVI - the latest entry in Square Enix's series, which appears to be set in a medieval world this time round after the sci-fi-themed last title
    Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales - including a lengthy battle with super-villain The Tinkerer on a bridge
    Deathloop - an assassin-themed shooter in which time repeats, helping players learn how best to hunt their targets
    Sony also teased its forthcoming God of War sequel Ragnarok, which it said would be released next year, but only showed off an animated logo.
    "It is possible that PS5 will have launched three console-exclusive titles before Xbox Series X manages to launch its first - Halo Infinite, with no date in 2021 specified as of yet," said Louise Shorthouse, a games analyst at Omdia.
    "Consumers also tend to stick with the same console brands across generations, so Sony is in an incredibly strong position."
    Many of the games on show had been previewed at an earlier event in June.

But there was also a first look at the much anticipated Harry Potter spin-off Hogwarts Legacy. The role-player game will be a cross-platform release in 2021.

"The two higher-spec consoles are close to each other in terms of specification - the Xbox has more storage, but the PS5's is slightly faster," said Nicky Danino, a gaming expert at the University of Central Lancashire.
    "But there are still reasons why people will pick a specific console. What platform your friends play on, for example, is highly influential."

It looks like Sony is almost trolling arch-rival Microsoft by matching the PS5's price to that of the Xbox Series X.
    The gambit will have surprised many industry observers.
    Xbox felt forced to reveal its prices last week following a leak. And this seemed to gift PlayStation a second-mover advantage.
    But when I spoke to PlayStation's chief executive Jim Ryan, he was adamant that the PS5's price points had been set since the beginning of the year. Likewise, he said, today's announcement had been in his diary for some time.
    On paper the Xbox Series X is the more powerful machine.
    But PlayStation has a solid line-up of platform-exclusive titles.
    And the delay to Halo Infinite - after fans complained that footage shown earlier in the year was underwhelming - has been a big blow to Microsoft's original launch plans.
    But is the PS5 fighting the last generation's console war?
    Xbox has a compelling offer with its Game Pass Ultimate subscription service. So even if Xbox doesn't sell as many physical consoles as PlayStation, it may still prove to be at least as profitable.
    When I questioned Mr Ryan about the possibility of a similar service, he said PlayStation was about big blockbuster games that cost a lot to make, so a similar subscription service model would not make financial sense.
    We will find out whether he sticks to that strategy in 2021 or beyond once supply meets demand.

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54178375.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a brill show! Loved the look of COD and Spider-Man!
    Preordered mine last night about 11.30pm from game when they barely put the ad up haha canít wait all locked and secured.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pre-ordered mine last night from Game just before I went to bed.

I've gone for the physical edition because I don't want to be restricted to digital downloads. Games these days are much bigger in file size, so I don't want to be waiting a whole day for it to download.

Games have shot up in prices as well because the cost of game production has increased significantly, as one can imagine with 4K and ray tracing capabilities. I've seen various titles priced at £69.99 on Amazon and that's just for the standard edition. Having the Physical edition is important for me as it will allow me to find the most competitively priced games from retailers.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've gone for the physical edition because I don't want to be restricted to digital downloads. Games these days are much bigger in file size, so I don't want to be waiting a whole day for it to download.

Games have shot up in prices as well because the cost of game production has increased significantly, as one can imagine with 4K and ray tracing capabilities. I've seen various titles priced at £69.99 on Amazon and that's just for the standard edition. Having the Physical edition is important for me as it will allow me to find the most competitively priced games from retailers.
    Yeah same disc version cos I will need to trade in! I know the prices oh my god crazy! I need to preorder CoD 70 quid already set to leave the bank.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All PS5 preorders sold out within minutes.

Only reason I am buying disc version is because of 4K movies.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah same disc version cos I will need to trade in! I know the prices oh my god crazy! I need to preorder CoD 70 quid already set to leave the bank.
    Lol at crazy. The PS5 disc version costs less than 50% of the phone you are most likely using to post this message.

Save the cost drama. You lot buy a phone costing near 1000+ but a half price PS5 is the challenge.

Get real.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Have they already debited the payment? Ordered mine from Smyths. They will collect the payment at a later date.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Where did you order your PS5 from?

Are you looking to get standard or ultimate edition of COD?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have they already debited the payment? Ordered mine from Smyths. They will collect the payment at a later date.
    I paid for mine using Paypal and it usually take 2-3 working days for the funds to be debited out of the bank account over to them.

I'm not 100% sure but it might well be that orders have to authorised by Sony because I believe they're doing their due diligence to ensure there is one console per customer/household.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol at crazy. The PS5 disc version costs less than 50% of the phone you are most likely using to post this message.

Save the cost drama. You lot buy a phone costing near 1000+ but a half price PS5 is the challenge.

Get real.
    Correct I do have an iPhone setting me back about 700 and some and also getting the ps5 at 450 was expected price no issue there I would have got a next gen console at any price.

My crazy prices was about games, software being charged at about 70 quid is crazy. I can make my real moneys worth with CoD as Iím on that all the time. For single player games buy and trade in.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did you order your PS5 from?

Are you looking to get standard or ultimate edition of COD?
    I ordered mine from game, and also the ps5 version of the game at 70 quid from there. Man that game looks so beautiful!! Iíll be on the beta all this weekend

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Would it be not as good if run on a 4K tv and not 8k

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha thatís my next investment for launch time the 4K tv to go with it. Iíve been running my 1080p tv that I purchased in 2012.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Haha thatís my next investment for launch time the 4K tv to go with it. Iíve been running my 1080p tv that I purchased in 2012.
    Same here. I need to get a 4k TV along with a PS5. Quite a heavy investment.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Same here. I need to get a 4k TV along with a PS5. Quite a heavy investment.
    Yeah to get a good one that will make use of the ps5 capabilities fully eg hdmi 2.1 120hz it seems around 1K is the asking price. Heavy investment indeed hmm.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I ordered mine from game, and also the ps5 version of the game at 70 quid from there. Man that game looks so beautiful!! I’ll be on the beta all this weekend
    I can't wait to play the alpha later today. I'll probably get COD on PC and PS5.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Would it be not as good if run on a 4K tv and not 8k
    All Games will be developed for 4K. We're at least 5 years away before 8K gaming is a thing.

My simple advice to you is to keep your 4K TV. If you're looking to upgrade get an OLED TV with HDMI 2.1 and at least 120hz, so you can get the most smooth gaming experience.
    Last edited by topspin; 18th September 2020 at 17:00.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait to play the alpha later today. I'll probably get COD on PC and PS5.
    Haha yesss Iíve got it preloaded ready for tonight after work!! Itís going to be a good weekend! Bring on 6 v 6 TDM

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I need to wait for 3 years because last year already bought PS4 😔.