Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"My role model is Rohit Sharma. I really like the way he plays" : Haider Ali

Haider Ali at a press conference:

"We will have a lot of coaches with us like Younis bhai and Misbah bhai. The tour is 3 months long and I will try to learn a lot from this tour from the likes of Babar bhai and Azhar bhai.

"This tour has T20Is and Tests. Every player aims to represent his country in Test cricket. Thanks to Allah, my name has come up for the England tour. I performed well in four-day cricket like when I made a 100 in the final and also in U19 and PSL, thanks to Allah. I will try to go to England will full preparation and do as well as I can.

"I got out on 99 on FC debut and that was quite a shock but thankfully I scored a hundred in the final and that helped to cover for that disappointment.

"I will try to perform as well as I can for my team whenever I get a chance in England.

"My aim has been to represent Pakistan in all 3 formats. I have prepared well for all formats as well. I keep changing my mindset according to the format and I want to play for Pakistan in all formats.

"I am from Attock and I started playing tape-ball cricket in 2015. Then in 2016 I played hard-ball cricket, then played at various age levels. In my family, only my cousin played cricket a bit. Besides that, there is no cricketer in my family.

"My role model is Rohit Sharma. I really like the way he plays. I like opening like him and giving a start to my team and I also want to do clean hitting like he does.

"I want to play for Pakistan for a long time. I want to represent my country and do as well as I can. My aim is just to focus completely on cricket at the moment.

"The coronavirus has disrupted things a lot. Fans and crowds can't come but we have to understand the situation and adapt.

"I always wanted to play under Younis bhai as a batting coach and I will get an opportunity for that during this tour. I hope to learn as much as I can from Younis bhai and Misbah bhai about all three formats.

"Rohit Sharma is one of the best batsmen for all 3 formats in my view. He plays in all 3 formats and adapts. The biggest positive about him is that once he crosses 50, he makes 100, after that 150, then he scores 200. I also want to have a similar mindset to score as many runs as possible and even finish matches. He finishes matches and I find that to be a big positive in Rohit Sharma.

"When we won the CT, it was an unbelievable feeling. Matches against India are always crucial and people enjoy it. We won it in a one-sided manner and that was a great feeling.

"After U19 when I went to PSL, I encountered a lot of coaches and players who helped me. The coaches told me not to be afraid and to show my skills. I focused on playing my natural game. I will also try to perform in a similar way during the England tour.

"Coaches don't mess with technique, they just advise on shot selection etc., and that's what I want to do with Younis bhai. It's all about becoming mentally strong and improving your mindset.

"I am not worried about where I bat in the order, I want to do well for my team in whichever role I am given. Often, there are openers who can only play in the top-order. I have played in the top order and the middle order at the club level. I can do power hitting and I don't think it will be a problem if I am needed in the middle order. I will try to keep improving my game and go higher up the batting order.

"I like the way Younis bhai captained and I like his batting. Before starting to play, I also liked Shahid Afridi a lot because of his clean hitting.

"My father was on Facebook and he woke me up. There's a lot of fake news on Facebook also and he said maybe this is fake news. I was asleep and then I woke up. I looked and saw that it was on PCB's official page. I told him that it was real, not fake. I was really happy and I started receiving calls. I remember that Shadab Khan sent me a message congratulating me so I knew it can't be fake. I kept getting calls throughout the day after that.

"I want to play for Pakistan for a long time. I don't want to just play for a short while. I want to play well and be remembered in a positive way due to my good performances.

"Rohit Sharma inspired me but of course I need to learn a lot from our legends. Like Younis bhai is really good with the sweep shot so I need to learn that from him and also other aspects. All our coaches are our legends and we need to learn from them as much as we can."

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He has potential for sure, Poeple need to just let him play for next 2-3 years even if he fails.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great role model to have.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really hope he becomes our Sharma. (Not the one which is afraid of Amir)

Wish you best of luck Haider!

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    He has potential for sure, Poeple need to just let him play for next 2-3 years even if he fails.
    Dont think he will get 2-3 years I expect him to score consistently thou

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A good role model and would be great to see what kind of players he becomes. He has a ton of potential and looks like a good player.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2049 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Behind the big shots there is a lot of hard work, determination and skills from Sharma.

Haider looks ok, but there's a long road ahead with lots of blood, sweat and tears. Good luck young man.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueez View Post
    Really hope he becomes our Sharma. (Not the one which is afraid of Amir)

Wish you best of luck Haider!

Rohit averages 99 against Pakistan, and last Two innings have been centuries since Aamir has resumed International Cricket. So much for being afraid, I wont be surprised if in 2027 we would see that Rohit was "trembling" facing Aamir when fixer would write his autobiography .

Jokes apart, not a bad role model to copy and emulate, but remember Ahsan Ali was also saying the same thing, and we all know how it turned out.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6794 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    There are only two good things about Pakistan cricket these days: Babar and Shaheen.

Haider has the potential to make that three.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard work, no substitutes for hard work.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faizhassan View Post
    Rohit averages 99 against Pakistan, and last Two innings have been centuries since Aamir has resumed International Cricket. So much for being afraid, I wont be surprised if in 2027 we would see that Rohit was "trembling" facing Aamir when fixer would write his autobiography .

Jokes apart, not a bad role model to copy and emulate, but remember Ahsan Ali was also saying the same thing, and we all know how it turned out.
    Yes Rohit is a beast and I was just joking.

He is a great role model and I would be happy if Haider is able to emulate his batting idol.

Let’s see how he progresses - I’m sure Haider won’t let us down.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rohit Sharma is a good role model as he is such a good time of the ball, can play shots all round the ground, and as Haider mentioned he has the ability to bat big.

Haider certainly has potential. Glad he has been selected and will get some experience of being in a touring party.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sharma is a great role model. Quite apart from being an incredible batsman, he seems really grounded. If you watch any of his interviews, he never seems to show off or play up to his fame. If you didn't know who he was, you'd just assume he was an ordinary person.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Behind the big shots there is a lot of hard work, determination and skills from Sharma.

Haider looks ok, but there's a long road ahead with lots of blood, sweat and tears. Good luck young man.
    I am worried if he does try to emulate like Rohit, he might fail. A player like Rohit is an ODI legend and a once in a life time player.

Hope Haider tries to play his own game and doesn't go overboard.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Haider Ali at a press conference:

"My father was on Facebook and he woke me up. There's a lot of fake news on Facebook also and he said maybe this is fake news. I was asleep and then I woke up. I looked and saw that it was on PCB's official page. I told him that it was real, not fake. I was really happy and I started receiving calls. I remember that Shadab Khan sent me a message congratulating me so I knew it can't be fake. I kept getting calls throughout the day after that."
    So some things never change - Wasim Khan or not. Our players still get selection news from Facebook. None of the selectors can be bothered to pick up the phone. What a joke.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Hopefully if he has another good FC season he can be a straight swap for Azhar Ali who needs putting out to pasture ASAP.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    So some things never change - Wasim Khan or not. Our players still get selection news from Facebook. None of the selectors can be bothered to pick up the phone. What a joke.
    They have announced the squad on the Official Website, do you want them to telephone each individual regarding their selection. It is just that Facebook pages across the World are notorious for fake news. PCB cant be wrong all the times.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    896 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awesome stuff.

It's a pleasing change from previous managements, thank you Misbah for giving pre-20s players a chance and other early 20s folks too.

Haidar
    Naseem

Brilliant stars uncovered AND being supported within 4-6 months of team Misbah taking over.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a joke shows that even yet they ain't professional if someone didnt get in the squad they should be given a call up explaining why and motivate them

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    There are only two good things about Pakistan cricket these days: Babar and Shaheen.

Haider has the potential to make that three.
    Agreed he can bat in different positions so if he does fail in one he can bat in another position

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    I am worried if he does try to emulate like Rohit, he might fail. A player like Rohit is an ODI legend and a once in a life time player.

Hope Haider tries to play his own game and doesn't go overboard.
    I no he can adapt to different scenarios has played qaid e azam psl and u19s all at different positions

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Rohit vs Kohli discussion moved over to http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...the-world-quot

Please continue there. This thread isn't the place for it.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faizhassan View Post
    They have announced the squad on the Official Website, do you want them to telephone each individual regarding their selection. It is just that Facebook pages across the World are notorious for fake news. PCB cant be wrong all the times.
    It is standard practice across the entire world that selectors pick up the phone and tell players whether or not they have been selected. No professional cricket board leaves it to players' uncles and aunties to hear it on ARY News and inform the players.

Even more important than the players selected, this is critical to the players not selected - those who performed well in domestic competitions and justifiably thought they had a shot. Players who have missed out in this way need to know why that's the case. They need to know what the selectors think about them and whether they have a future. Not all players who miss out take the Fawad Alam approach of just plugging away endlessly waiting for their chance. Many will get disheartened and become disinterested. That's potentially a massive loss to Pakistani cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    That is a joke shows that even yet they ain't professional if someone didnt get in the squad they should be given a call up explaining why and motivate them
    Exactly. If you watch an interview with any England player who is on the borderline of selection and who didn't get selected, they always say I got a call from one selector or another explaining why I didn't get in.

These selectors are paid handsomely and frankly it is not the most intense job in the world. Apart from the odd squad selection and watching cricket matches, they don't do much. Even chief selector Misbah isn't doing much at the time the selections are announced. To expect them to spend the day making calls to players is totally reasonable and it should be a compulsory part of the job description.
    Last edited by Usman; 20th June 2020 at 02:40.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rohit is a great of the game so that is a sensible role model to have. Haider is looks assured against spin as displayed during the PSL, where he attacked spin effortlessly, and during the Under-19 WC. Additionally, he is able to change gears and is not one dimensional - this is the making of a great batsman. He needs to work on his game vs pace, but he does look very promising, and i am hopeful he can serve Pakistan for years.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But Haider needs to make sure he has a better start to his career than Rohit had. Pak management never carry him in the team for 5-6 years based on talent and potential, as India did with Rohit. They'll probably throw him out after a few failures or drop him at least 10 times to completely shatter him

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haider has experience and has scored runs in FC, U19, and PSL. Tests is a bit early for him (I'd say 1-2 more FC seasons is needed) but he has to play every game in the upcoming T20 series.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Rohit vs Kohli discussion moved over to http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...the-world-quot

Please continue there. This thread isn't the place for it.
    looking forward for
    babar vs haider discussion In Sha Allah

To hell with circumstances. I create opportunities.
    -Bruce Lee

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is standard practice across the entire world that selectors pick up the phone and tell players whether or not they have been selected. No professional cricket board leaves it to players' uncles and aunties to hear it on ARY News and inform the players.

Even more important than the players selected, this is critical to the players not selected - those who performed well in domestic competitions and justifiably thought they had a shot. Players who have missed out in this way need to know why that's the case. They need to know what the selectors think about them and whether they have a future. Not all players who miss out take the Fawad Alam approach of just plugging away endlessly waiting for their chance. Many will get disheartened and become disinterested. That's potentially a massive loss to Pakistani cricket.

Exactly. If you watch an interview with any England player who is on the borderline of selection and who didn't get selected, they always say I got a call from one selector or another explaining why I didn't get in.

These selectors are paid handsomely and frankly it is not the most intense job in the world. Apart from the odd squad selection and watching cricket matches, they don't do much. Even chief selector Misbah isn't doing much at the time the selections are announced. To expect them to spend the day making calls to players is totally reasonable and it should be a compulsory part of the job description.
    Agreed its proberly de motivating azwell for the players who didnt get selected

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Shaheen Bagh, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Feel immensely proud to see such high praises and respect for Gitman

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Feel immensely proud to see such high praises and respect for Gitman
    Tbh I prefer rohit to kohli hes a good example for kids humble as ever

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haider Ali has been selected in Pakistan's T20I squad for the series vs England. Hope he plays a big role and shows what he can do, big hopes for him. If he can be anything similar to Rohit Sharma, he will be a fantastic batsman for a long time.

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for odi I hope kid. Don't follow him in test cricket. He is good in tests but he hasn't proven himself away from.home.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's ready for T20Is. Top 3 should be Fakhar, Babar, Haider.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Bump - in light of the comparisons.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Usually our players say something like Wasim is my role model or some great 90s player. Feels like they say that because they are just playing to the gallery.

The fact Haider looks up to Rohit shows he understands batting and has a good IQ.

Early to judge him but as long he gets the right guidance I am sure Haider will have a successful career.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Usually our players say something like Wasim is my role model or some great 90s player. Feels like they say that because they are just playing to the gallery.

The fact Haider looks up to Rohit shows he understands batting and has a good IQ.

Early to judge him but as long he gets the right guidance I am sure Haider will have a successful career.
    He just needs to keep his head under check and he can succeed he has all the qualities and skills to succeed may have a weakened against the shorter bowl

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Shaheen Bagh, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If he is the next Hitman then I'm definitely going to be watching a lot more Pakistani cricket.

Rohit bhai is the Saeed Anwar of this era. In the words of Great Inzy bhai, jo shotein hum raat ko sochte thhe maarne ki wo Saeed bhai jo hae na wo din me maar dete thhe ground me jaakr. Same applies to Rohit bhai. Some of the shots he hits, many top batsmen dream of playing like that including Kohli and Smith but they cannot execute it like Rohit bhai.

I hope Haider turns out to be that guy.

Give him.some time. Remember Rohit also.took years to establish himself

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2049 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    A good role-model to have.

Haider looks a fantastic talent, but we've seen this before with Mohammad Amirs, Umar Akmals etc.

He needs good people around him and he needs to keep his feet on the ground.
    Last edited by The Viper; 6th September 2020 at 05:49.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It’s telling that his role model isn’t the classic answer for a young Pakistani batsman (“Babar Azam” or “Virat Kohli”). He fancies himself an opener and understands the impact that Rohit has for the Indian team by setting the tone from the get go.

As explicitly stated in the interview as well, he idolizes how Rohit resets after 50s, 100s, 150s, and 200s with the goal of finishing matches. This shows that he understands the role of an A class opener in the modern game. Under Younis Khan’s mentorship, I hope Haider is able to mature his game. Couldn’t ask for a better mentor at such an infantile stage of one’s career.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the exact role model he needs and Pakistan needs a "hitboy" now , on his way to become a hitman .

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    A great role model for any young player. If he has half the career of RS he would have done well.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    A good role-model to have.

Haider looks a fantastic talent, but we've seen this before with Nohammad Amirs, Umar Akmals etc.

He needs good people around him and he needs to keep his feet on the ground.
    It comes down to intelligence. Our young players on the whole are thick and lacking in moral fibre. Let's hope we have intelligent young players that want to work hard to succeed.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If he is the next Hitman then I'm definitely going to be watching a lot more Pakistani cricket.

Rohit bhai is the Saeed Anwar of this era. In the words of Great Inzy bhai, jo shotein hum raat ko sochte thhe maarne ki wo Saeed bhai jo hae na wo din me maar dete thhe ground me jaakr. Same applies to Rohit bhai. Some of the shots he hits, many top batsmen dream of playing like that including Kohli and Smith but they cannot execute it like Rohit bhai.

I hope Haider turns out to be that guy.

Give him.some time. Remember Rohit also.took years to establish himself
    He isn't anywhere near that level in talent and history shows that he won't put up any great numbers. I am just hoping that he has a decent career

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    He isn't anywhere near that level in talent and history shows that he won't put up any great numbers. I am just hoping that he has a decent career
    You look like a coach, are you ? I would like to know the details of your analysis on Haider Ali. Guy is the brightest young talent emerged from Pakistan in 2-3 years and you rejected him altogether, reason ?

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't hype him unnecessarily.....guy don't need constant media attention......the less the pressure the more better for him......jamshed was compared 2 Anwar......Maqsood with Inzamam......and many players like Yasir Hameed .....Kaneria Akmal.....just failed 2 establish themselves......Pak history is not good after 2000......only a Malik is there...now....and that too on reputation basis.......hope Haidar takes a leaf out of Babar and keep working hard .....

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    You look like a coach, are you ? I would like to know the details of your analysis on Haider Ali. Guy is the brightest young talent emerged from Pakistan in 2-3 years and you rejected him altogether, reason ?
    I have coached kids but not to any great level. My son got coached as a spin bowler and I watched with interest and learnt lots about Spin bowling and I also worked with him. I like Haider and I agree he is a real talent, with only his play of the short bowl a little concern but with work he can avoid problems with it. As you know many of our players have talent but ultimately go nowhere for a number of reasons including failure to work hard, a lack of cricketing and general intelligence and linked to that, keeping the wrong company. Like you, and every one else on here I am desperate for the lad to succeed.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Shaheen Bagh, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    A great role model for any young player. If he has half the career of RS he would have done well.
    10-12 years ago i would have never imagined this would be said about RS one day. Credit to hard work.amd perseverance.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    10-12 years ago i would have never imagined this would be said about RS one day. Credit to hard work.amd perseverance.
    He is unreal batting talent but it was the hardwork and determination which mattered in the end.

Indias perserverance with ishant sharma is also paying dividents. May end up with 450 test wickets.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have coached kids but not to any great level. My son got coached as a spin bowler and I watched with interest and learnt lots about Spin bowling and I also worked with him. I like Haider and I agree he is a real talent, with only his play of the short bowl a little concern but with work he can avoid problems with it. As you know many of our players have talent but ultimately go nowhere for a number of reasons including failure to work hard, a lack of cricketing and general intelligence and linked to that, keeping the wrong company. Like you, and every one else on here I am desperate for the lad to succeed.
    Haider seems like level headed guy though. Also with the likes of Younis Khan around, the chances are that his test cricket learning would be fast tracked. Just wish if some of these young guns also had a good part time bowling skill.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    What I like about Haider is his courage.

Not reckless but a calm and measured approach to his aggression, no mindless slogging either.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Haider seems like level headed guy though. Also with the likes of Younis Khan around, the chances are that his test cricket learning would be fast tracked. Just wish if some of these young guns also had a good part time bowling skill.
    I would pay YK a bonus if he can get HA to fulfil his talent. But having watched the likes of Tufeeq Umar, Farhat, Nazir, Akmal etc going backwards at the rate of knots after promising starts, I am not as as positive as you.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    RS is close to being the complete Limited overs cricketer, its a great role model for the likes of HA and other young players.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only problem he has only played one international match and we are overhyping. I remember Shadab's Khan international 20/20 debut against the West Indies and he looked the real deal. But he has not really kicked on.

Pakistan's batting desperately needs Haider Ali to fulfill his obvious talent but I hope he doesn't get sidetracked and stops working hard to become better.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If his role model is Rohit Sharma then he needs to closely examine Rohit's technique against the short ball and understand where his own deficiencies lie. Right now he likes to take on the short ball but his stance and swing don't put him in a good position to tackle that delivery.

The willingness to adapt one's technique and overcome weaknesses is rarely seen in Pakistani batsmen. It is one reason why Shan Masood stands out and why many folks around here genuinely wish to see him succeed. Babar is another one. If Haider shows this trait then he is the real deal. Otherwise he'll be another disappointment.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: Pakistan Under-19 coach head coach Ijaz Ahmed has asserted that it was premature to compare Haider Ali with India’s prolific right-handed batsman Rohit Sharma.

“Haider Ali is a good player, but it is premature to compare him with someone like Rohit Sharma,” he said while talking to journalists at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Lahore.

The 19-year-old batsman emerged as one of Pakistan’s most promising young batsmen by becoming the first Pakistan batsman to score a half-century on his T20 International debut.

Pakistan U-19 coach head coach expressed happiness over the success of the young batsman, saying not only did Haider played well in the U19 World Cup and the PSL but he also made his mark on the international side as well.

“I am very happy over the success he has achieved so far and I want Haider Ali to be consistent with his performances,” Ijaz Ahmed concluded.

Earlier this year, Haider Ali, while talking to the media, revealed that he idiolise Indian prolific batsman Rohit Sharma and called him his ‘role model’.

“As far as role models are concerned, mine is Rohit Sharma,” Haider said in a video press conference.

“I really like him as a player, and want to give the side an aggressive start at the top, and hit the ball cleanly like him. He is a man for all three formats, and he can adapt his game to all three formats,” he added.

The right-hander grabbed the spotlight during the fifth edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) where he managed to score 239 runs at an average of 29.87 with a strike-rate of 158.27.

https://mmnews.tv/its-premature-to-c...ma-ijaz-ahmed/
    Last edited by MenInG; 21st September 2020 at 11:45.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Last edited by The Viper; 21st September 2020 at 18:27.