[VIDEOS] What will happen to Hassan Ali in future? - Page 4

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What will happen to Hassan Ali in future?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • He'll be back, even better than before

13 17.57%
  • He'll he able to get back to his 2017 CT form

9 12.16%
  • He will return but won't be as good as before

39 52.70%
  • He has no chance, his international career is over

13 17.57%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much he earned through PSL?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Do you do your research or watch domestic cricket before making posts like these? This guy has worked harder than anyone. These are his stats in the Quaid e Azam trophy in his last 5 bowling outings:

5/76
    5/32
    3/30
    4/48
    4/66

After a losing streak, CP won 3 matches on the trot once he made a comeback from injury, with him as captain. He also performed a couple times with the bat, including innings of 59*(53), 26*(34), and 50*(33).

ďIt seems he hasnít worked hard or concentrated on his injury rehabĒ ó to say this is unfair to the work he has been putting in.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Do you do your research or watch domestic cricket before making posts like these? This guy has worked harder than anyone. These are his stats in the Quaid e Azam trophy in his last 5 bowling outings:

5/76
    5/32
    3/30
    4/48
    4/66

After a losing streak, CP won 3 matches on the trot once he made a comeback from injury, with him as captain. He also performed a couple times with the bat, including innings of 59*(53), 26*(34), and 50*(33).

“It seems he hasn’t worked hard or concentrated on his injury rehab” — to say this is unfair to the work he has been putting in.
    Completely agree. He should and probably will be given a go in the test series against South Africa, given that he's performed well in the same conditions. One of Shaheen or Naseem will probably be rested in that series, hopefully Naseem because he hasn't looked all too good since that Bangladesh series.

He's probably the only pacer we have who can bowl long overs at a good pace and still be threatening with the old ball. He is an absolute must in the test team.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn! What an attrociously ignorant post.
    Have you seen him bowl recently?
    He will play the South Africa tests and be your best bowler.
    This thread perfectly captures your cricketing intellect. There is a world outside Misbah too if you ever bother watching.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post

5/76
    5/32
    3/30
    4/48
    4/66

ďIt seems he hasnít worked hard or concentrated on his injury rehabĒ ó to say this is unfair to the work he has been putting in.
    This is the most ignorant OP I have seen in some time.
    Unbelievable!

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Ever since the guy got married, it seems he hasnt worked hard or concentrated on his injury rehab.

He seems to have laid down after earning money and have been married. More like having settled down.

Do you think its the end of his career? I always believed he was a great limited overs bowler.

But the guy will probably appear in a one of series soon, not perform and it would be over.

Whats your say?
    Oh yeah, Hassan Ali was out in Sri Lanka earning easy money instead of toiling in the QEA league....

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Oct 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! This is beyond hilarious. Man, before you wrote, "it seems he hasn't worked hard or concentrated on his injury rehab." You should have at least done a bit of research. He is among the top 5 wicket-takers in QeA and is only the 2nd fast bowler in that list, all the while playing less matches than the rest. His avg is also the best among them and he is bowling 20+ overs per innings. His fitness is back and so is his pace. He will be making a comeback against South Africa InshAllah.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My goodness the OP is something Rameez Raja would say if asked about Hassan Ali on commentary.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    My goodness the OP is something Rameez Raja would say if asked about Hassan Ali on commentary.
    The OP as in Major who asked if Hassan Ali is finished at international level

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dont know why you lot have gone crazy over the statement.

The guy took extra long time to heal his injury. Yes he migth be taking wickets in domestic which i dont follow anymore.
    But than again we have Waqas Maqsood also in the top charts i guess.

There is a difference between bowling in domestic and in international.

In the world cup, Hasan Ali was attacked all over the ground.

To me it seems, he will just be another Umar Gul who won't be as effective in international cricket as before

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KoyoAli View Post
    Wow! This is beyond hilarious. Man, before you wrote, "it seems he hasn't worked hard or concentrated on his injury rehab." You should have at least done a bit of research. He is among the top 5 wicket-takers in QeA and is only the 2nd fast bowler in that list, all the while playing less matches than the rest. His avg is also the best among them and he is bowling 20+ overs per innings. His fitness is back and so is his pace. He will be making a comeback against South Africa InshAllah.
    I hope he would. Especially in the limited overs.
    But we saw what he did in the world cup, the guy wasn't that bowler anymore that was at the CT.

Domestic wise migth be performing well, but his performance at international is what would matter and on what he would be assessed

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Itís simple.

If Hasan wants to succeed again in the international level, he either needs to increase his average speed by 10mph or be able to consistently bring back the ball.

Other than that, heís a liability nowadays. I remember him being so promising but injuries just destroyed that.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dont know why you lot have gone crazy over the statement.

The guy took extra long time to heal his injury. Yes he migth be taking wickets in domestic which i dont follow anymore.
    But than again we have Waqas Maqsood also in the top charts i guess.

There is a difference between bowling in domestic and in international.

In the world cup, Hasan Ali was attacked all over the ground.

To me it seems, he will just be another Umar Gul who won't be as effective in international cricket as before
    We're not talking about "charts" here. You have to watch the bowling, too. Hasan Ali is good enough to come into the Pakistan team at any time, especially ODIs and tests where our bowling has been very underwhelming.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Showing some good fitness, bowled 30 overs in an innings vs KPK.

Debut
    Oct 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he would. Especially in the limited overs.
    But we saw what he did in the world cup, the guy wasn't that bowler anymore that was at the CT.

Domestic wise migth be performing well, but his performance at international is what would matter and on what he would be assessed
    But if he is out of International then Domestic cricket is the only way to judge him. And your statement said that he isn't taking his injury seriously. Which is simply false. You main post is what is making people react this way as its completely out of touch with the ground realities. By your own admission you don't follow domestic cricket so how can you say that domestic performances don't matter when it is domestic cricket on the basis of which players are selected. Anyway, Waqas is good but age is not on his side and Hasan is already catching up to him, couple this with Hasans Batting and fitness, I will take Hasan Ali over any Domestic bowler. We arent spoiled for choices in the pace department anyway.

Debut
    Oct 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    It’s simple.

If Hasan wants to succeed again in the international level, he either needs to increase his average speed by 10mph or be able to consistently bring back the ball.

Other than that, he’s a liability nowadays. I remember him being so promising but injuries just destroyed that.
    How is he a liability when he is taking fifers and winning matches with the ball lol

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    30 overs in an innings
    Plenty of wickets in the last few matches

He's happy and confident and says he's ready to come back to international cricket.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    30 overs in an innings

He's happy and confident and says he's ready to come back to international cricket.
    I certainly would welcome Hasan Ali batting at Number 9 in Tests instead of either Mohammad Abbas or Naseem Shah.

I think that Hasan Ali has limitations as a bowler because of his short height, and that his place in Test cricket depends more on his batting than his bowling.

He needed to get his bowling back up to this level in order to be a viable Test third seamer in Asia and fourth seamer in SENA.

But he only gets across the line for me if he can consistently average up from 15.50 to over 20 with the bat in Test cricket, and up MASSIVELY from 16.30 to over 30 in First Class cricket. He is never going to be a better bowler than Abbas or Naseem, so his selection requires him to be a clearly superior batsman to them.
    Last edited by Junaids; 23rd December 2020 at 03:15.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very good bowler, whose stock delivery brings in a lot of dismissal modes - probes off stump consistently.

In t20s he makes a good 9 given he can hit out....

7 Imad
    8 Shadab
    9 Hassan
    10 Shaheen
    11 Rauf

A good 7-11 in t20s, only thing stopping it from being very good is a proper skilful spinner ala Chahal.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the test pace attack vs SA, the lineup could be Shaheen-Hasan-Abbas-Faheem (assuming Faheem performs in the NZ test series). It could also be Shaheen-Hasan-Abbas-Naseem given that Naseem has bowled well in home conditions in his short test career so far.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KoyoAli View Post
    How is he a liability when he is taking fifers and winning matches with the ball lol
    He canít do that in international cricket.

There hasnít been a more dominating performance in Pakistanís domestic scene than Amir in late 2015.

And even then, he struggled tremendously adjusting to the international scene.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    I certainly would welcome Hasan Ali batting at Number 9 in Tests instead of either Mohammad Abbas or Naseem Shah.

I think that Hasan Ali has limitations as a bowler because of his short height, and that his place in Test cricket depends more on his batting than his bowling.

He needed to get his bowling back up to this level in order to be a viable Test third seamer in Asia and fourth seamer in SENA.

But he only gets across the line for me if he can consistently average up from 15.50 to over 20 with enough the bat in Test cricket, and up MASSIVELY from 16.30 to over 30 in First Class cricket. He is never going to be a better bowler than Abbas or Naseem, so his selection requires him to be a clearly superior batsman to them.
    You are incrediby simplistic in your assessments.
    Hasan is good enough as a bowler. You have not seen him at his best yet as he is just entering his peak.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacy with wisdom View Post
    You are incrediby simplistic in your assessments.
    Hasan is good enough as a bowler. You have not seen him at his best yet as he is just entering his peak.
    I canít carry multiple Number 11ís.

Shaheen and Naseem are going to be numbers 10 and 11 for a decade.

Any other bowler - pace or spin - has to be capable of batting at 8 or 9 or I refuse to pick him.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He canít do that in international cricket.

There hasnít been a more dominating performance in Pakistanís domestic scene than Amir in late 2015.

And even then, he struggled tremendously adjusting to the international scene.

Amir performed with the gray's ball on green wickets in the old system that had over 15 teams; hence a spread out talent pool.
    Every other medium pacer had sub 20 averages that season because of these factors.

On the other hand, Hasan has done it with the Kookaburra in a significantly more competitive tournament on sporting pitches; not mambas.

Watching domestic cricket and actually doing some research would really help you in making assessments.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir performed with the gray's ball on green wickets in the old system that had over 15 teams; hence a spread out talent pool.
    Every other medium pacer had sub 20 averages that season because of these factors.

On the other hand, Hasan has done it with the Kookaburra in a significantly more competitive tournament on sporting pitches; not mambas.

Watching domestic cricket and actually doing some research would really help you in making assessments.
    Thanks for the lesson.

Arenít you the same guy that said Shan Masood had turned a new page?

When Hasan does return, which he will for the sake of the team, and performs, tag me. Iíll be there.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the lesson.

Arenít you the same guy that said Shan Masood had turned a new page?

When Hasan does return, which he will for the sake of the team, and performs, tag me. Iíll be there.
    Nope, unless you miscomprehended any post.
    I admire Shan for his work ethic and for how good a student he is of the game.
    I wanted him to lead the test side for a couple of years so that he could infuse a culture of self reflection, improvement and working with modern coaches.
    For that I was willing to contend with a lower output in terms of runs from him because I am aware that he is limited in terms of natural ability.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, unless you miscomprehended any post.
    I admire Shan for his work ethic and for how good a student he is of the game.
    I wanted him to lead the test side for a couple of years so that he could infuse a culture of self reflection, improvement and working with modern coaches.
    For that I was willing to contend with a lower output in terms of runs from him because I am aware that he is limited in terms of natural ability.
    I distinctively remember that ENG series and your posts about his knock.

Just like I can admit I was wrong about Hasan Ali and Shadab Khan, you can do the same about Shan.

Acting like an expert while being blinded by your love of Pakistan is setting yourself up for disappointment.

I know because Iíve been there.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dont understand why psoters go around telling others watch domestic cricket to put down opinions around here.

Seen enough of domestic cricket, i have seen the top players be selected on merit and i have seen them be exposed at international level.

Gray balls, kookabura balls whatever. These are just excuses.

Waqas Maqsood is taking wickets and took wicekts before, yet when he came in t20 he was a joke.

Same Hasan Ali got spanked in the world cup

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just like I can admit I was wrong about Hasan Ali and Shadab Khan, you can do the same about Shan.

Acting like an expert while being blinded by your love of Pakistan is setting yourself up for disappointment.

I know because I’ve been there.
    everyone is an expert here jsut because they watched a domestic game. And they will put down anyones opinion if you dont watch domestic.

I have followed Paksitan cricket for good 15 years now. I have learned domestic performers only end up getting exposed at international.

Shan Masood's innings in England was a joke. 3-4 drop catches in the first game.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know because Iíve been there.
    That is your opinion.
    I am not a blind supporter like you state My views are extremely objective, aside from some of the long term predictions I make, which are the result of knowledge, and a wholistic perspective I have that is hard to explain.
    With Shan, I have always been sure that his ability isn't great. If you miscomprehended me, then that is not my problem.

What impressed me was his progression and attitude; not his output.

I clearly remember telling everyone after his old Trafford innings that now that he has shown that he can leave the ball, the English seamers will target his pads and aim for the LBW. And there in he started getting dismissed cheaply like that.

I wanted Shan not because he had turned some corner as you simplistically state, but because he could be an educated leader in a team that lacks a good cricket culture.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont understand why psoters go around telling others watch domestic cricket to put down opinions around here.

Seen enough of domestic cricket, i have seen the top players be selected on merit and i have seen them be exposed at international level.

Waqas Maqsood is taking wickets and took wicekts before, yet when he came in t20 he was a joke.

The fact that you are bringing up Hasan's form in the 2018-19 season to prove your point, when he was unfit, and just dragging till the world cup really tells us the about the validity and depth of knowledge you have on cricketing affairs.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I’m not sure you understand cricket too well. Waqas Maqsood was KK’s best bowler in the play offs and the final. He delivered for them whereas Amir did not (or at least up to the expectations there are off him).

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I’m not sure you understand cricket too well. Waqas Maqsood was KK’s best bowler in the play offs and the final. He delivered for them whereas Amir did not (or at least up to the expectations there are off him).
    yes and based on that you are an expert and the rest here dont know anything

Waqas Maqsood for team pakistan

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The fact that you are bringing up Hasan's form in the 2018-19 season to prove your point, when he was unfit, and just dragging till the world cup really tells us the about the validity and depth of knowledge you have on cricketing affairs.
    yes, you are very knoweledgable, the fact that he took wickets in domestic proves that he is ready for international.

Might aswell select Bilal Asif as our lead spinner

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, you are very knoweledgable, the fact that he took wickets in domestic proves that he is ready for international.

Might aswell select Bilal Asif as our lead spinner
    So taking first class wickets on barren pitches and bowling a truckload of overs is not enough to prove his form and fitness?
    What should he do then? Come to your garden and dismiss the Misbah wax statues you have there?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    yes and based on that you are an expert and the rest here dont know anything

Waqas Maqsood for team pakistan
    Bit of a poor response. Where did I say Waqas Maqsood for Pakistan? Is this another one of your examples of being ill-informed and making up theories from thin air?

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím pretty sure heíll be in for our next series. Nobody is better than a fit and firing Hassan!

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hasan Ali should replace the washed up Wahab for the SA series coming up

He may even have a case to replace Naseem in the Test-11 based on current form

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of your typical Indian trundlers over the years. In the mould of Dinda and Mohit Kumar etc Outside the off stump channel line with nothing else to offer.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So taking first class wickets on barren pitches and bowling a truckload of overs is not enough to prove his form and fitness?
    What should he do then? Come to your garden and dismiss the Misbah wax statues you have there?
    i would had replied to your post in a decent matter, but seeing what you are ready to resort to, just because I only critisized or gave my opinion on a player you like, i think i should refrain from indulging in any discussion with you

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

Can’t blame the effort and hard work he has put in. There was an opportunity to make some easy paisa with the Lanka Premier league going on and also the big bash, but he chose to stay in Pakistan and put in the hard yards.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bit of a poor response. Where did I say Waqas Maqsood for Pakistan? Is this another one of your examples of being ill-informed and making up theories from thin air?
    point being, domestic cricket isn't any benchmark now for performance.

You can have waqas Maqsood, bilal asif topping the charts, yet they offer nothing when selected in international cricket.

I hope Hasan ali does make a comeback strong, but i doubt it. His social media accounts show how much he chills mostly after marriage.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming Hasan is selected for the SA home tests, the advantage he had is that he already has international experience and wonít be unfamiliar with it. So along with his QeA form, thatís why people are getting excited.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would had replied to your post in a decent matter, but seeing what you are ready to resort to, just because I only critisized or gave my opinion on a player you like, i think i should refrain from indulging in any discussion with you
    With all due respect, given the kind of hollow arguments you give, I dont think there really can be a strong discussion with you.

All you resort to do is bring up his social media profile, or his extroverted personality to make your point.

Also, this constant parroting about domestic performances not being a valid criteria for selection is totally absurd.

Domestic matches are being broadcast live now for God's sake, so it isnt like anyone can get away with cheap performances in weak contexts.

Anybody who has seen him bowl live in this tournament on a ball to ball basis will tell you about the kind of pace he is generating, the relentlessness of execution of his plans and lengths, the creative mindset that he has shown to pick wickets on flat pitches, as well as the fitness of bowling long spells at good pace.

And no, Hasan Ali is not my favourite. In fact, I dont play or believe in a favourite player.
    He is bowling well, and is better than everyone right now, so he deserves the credit and should be brought into the team, simple as.
    Last edited by Pacy with wisdom; 24th December 2020 at 01:04.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    30 overs in an innings

Thats alot of overs but it shows hes back to full fitness

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With all due respect, given the kind of hollow arguments you give, I dont think there really can be a strong discussion with you.

All you resort to do is bring up his social media profile, or his extroverted personality to make your point.

Also, this constant parroting about domestic performances not being a valid criteria for selection is totally absurd.

Domestic matches are being broadcast live now for God's sake, so it isnt like anyone can get away with cheap performances in weak contexts.

Anybody who has seen him bowl live in this tournament on a ball to ball basis will tell you about the kind of pace he is generating, the relentlessness of execution of his plans and lengths, the creative mindset that he has shown to pick wickets on flat pitches, as well as the fitness of bowling long spells at good pace.

And no, Hasan Ali is not my favourite. In fact, I dont play or believe in a favourite player.
    He is bowling well, and is better than everyone right now, so he deserves the credit and should be brought into the team, simple as.
    Totaly agree he should be in the squad against south Africa hes bowling well and his fitness is good.he can he the third seamer and is a decent batter

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hassan ali should be part of the south africa squad and play as a third seamer hes in good form and is bowling lots of overs

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

It's time for Hasan Ali's return. We need a quality, experienced pacer and Hasan seems to have regained his mojo following injury. Naseem and Mohammed Abbas are just not doing it for me.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After bowling well throughout the tournament for CP and leading them well, he scores a 60 ball 100* to share the QAE trophy with KPK, defending the title.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The beauty of Pakistani Cricket and Cricket in general. Down one day, up like a king tomorrow

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Waqaas Maqsood deserves a go as well. No way will Mohd Wasim ignore him and just fall for the hype, eye test

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Best Player of the QEA Tournament

43 wickets at an average of 20.06

2 Fifties and a century

He's put in the hard yards, get the guy back asap.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pick of the draft but an easy pick

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hes on a hattrick... Chaa gyaa yar

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hasan Ali looks OK since his comeback.

I am more concerned about Shaheen Afridi who has a habit of giving freebies.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What's next for him, does he warrant a place in the T20 team

Doesnt have Express Pace, ability to bowl up front or at the death, gets targeted in the middle overs and has become a No Ball machine

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    What's next for him, does he warrant a place in the T20 team

Doesnt have Express Pace, ability to bowl up front or at the death, gets targeted in the middle overs and has become a No Ball machine
    With Dhani, Mohd Wasim Jr in the bench, he should be rested and told to regain his form though Hasan Ali will not face problems against Bangladeshi batsmen. Bowling to Warner, Marsh, Maxwell, Stoinas, Wade is a different challenge altogether.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I donít remember him bowling so many no balls before this WT20. Whatís changed?

Itís time for him to focus on Test cricket, the white ball format isnít for him.

Sadly, his mate is the captain of the team, and heíll always make sure Hassan Ali never gets dropped.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Poor guy. Bowled poorly and dropped the world cup.

I thought he was the best option still for that game. WRONG!

Should probably wrap him up or move him back in the queue to reserves for t20 cricket at least.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Should maybe take a break from T20 cricket until the next PSL. Should focus on red ball cricket.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is our Jordan, although Jordan did contribute a wee bit better. Hopefully he is left out of limited overs and focuses on the longer format, he was enjoying our low period of having no pace battery.

I dont think he deserves abuse, but he is no good in shorter formats. He really needs to give up shoukha pan and focus hard.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    A Hong Kong Pond
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good test match bowler when the ball swings - otherwise is innocuous because he lacks height and pace.

Misbah unfairly took a lot of flak after that shot given he was the reason why Pakistan still had a chance in the tournament. Hasan has been downright useless throughout. He deserves all the cricketing criticism he gets

Bad Boys, Bad Boys....What you gonna do when the ICC come for you

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't call it quits for Hassan Ali. He's achieved a lot this year and remains one of our premier players. Win/loss happens but you can't take away what these boys have achieved.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He can't be made a scapegoat for that one dropped catch but he definitely needs to be held accountable for his performances in this WC. An average Economy rate of 10 rpo in 6 matches. Easily the weakest link in the bowling lineup throughout the cup.
    For the future, he needs to be looked at as a red ball player only. He could be pretty useful still when his tail is up in seaming conditions.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    With Dhani, Mohd Wasim Jr in the bench, he should be rested and told to regain his form though Hasan Ali will not face problems against Bangladeshi batsmen. Bowling to Warner, Marsh, Maxwell, Stoinas, Wade is a different challenge altogether.
    Dhani and Wasim Jnr dont bowl with the new ball like Hasan Ali
    With the next WC being in Australia, the team is need of a new ball Bowler. Akif Javed is my Dark horse for this role

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He has been awful in T20. He should focus on test cricket.

No pace and bowling too many slower deliveries. Dhani should be given a chance

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    Dhani and Wasim Jnr dont bowl with the new ball like Hasan Ali
    With the next WC being in Australia, the team is need of a new ball Bowler. Akif Javed is my Dark horse for this role
    Dhani did bowl with new ball for Multan Sultans

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He has one of the lowest release heights ever measured. At his pace and combined with his lack of accuracy, I dont see how he can continue playing for Pakistan

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Dhani did bowl with new ball for Multan Sultans
    Sohail Tanvir and Mohammed Imran Khan were the new ball Bowlers. Dhani normally would bowl the 4th or 5th over

I'm talking about the first 2-3 overs when the ball swings

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He needs to regain some of his pace back. Heís a lot more lethal when heís bowling around 145 kph compared to today where he was around 137-140.

Pakistan also didnít use him correctly today. Finch was already gone, Babar shouldíve gave the new ball to Hasan. A few tactical blunders by Babar but thereís no excuse to drop the catch. Any Pakistani player aside from Hasan wouldíve taken that.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was at the game today and I saw how Hassan Ali reacted after he finished his 3rd over. He was completely spent and shd never have been bowled the fourth over. Imad must have completed his quota of 4 overs though the result could still have been same but Hassan Ali was struggling more so physically than mentally. Hassan Ali just didnít want it. It was such a strange decision by Babar to bowl Hasan another over when he had absolutely no vigor left in him. I just knew it there and then that it was game over for us. Even the catch that Hassan dropped was because he took a lot of time to react and he cdnt reach the ball coz he just wasnít 100% physically. Any other fielder would have swallowed it 9 out of 10 times.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drop him until he gets his mental issued fixed. We have better bowlers

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    He needs to lift himself up and work on his T20 bowling.

Name:  2b4e35ce-ec8a-427a-bb5a-1ad82b3c1a8d.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  132.3 KB

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    felt sorry for him looking at the dressing room videos, its obvious he was feeling rubbish.

having said that he couldnt swing the ball and without that he has no real weapon. his slower balls are also obvious from miles away.

this should effect his test place, as his ability to reverse is very useful in Pakistan. but pak should try out dahani against bang.

also absolutely disgusting to see the trends on twitter in his name, the usual culprits not missing a beat to try and make his criticism look sectarian.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Leeds Leeds Leeds
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the only positive during this tournament for Hassan was his hair, there were times it looked magnificent. (I speak as a bald man).

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Leeds Leeds Leeds
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do feel for the lad, but he looked a weak link throughout the tournament.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No amount of hiding your face in your hands can make up for this rubbish performance. If he won us a tournament, he sure as hell made up for it by being arguably one of the worst players to play this tournament.

Should remember this for a long time. He cost us a World Cup final.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He's a pretty average bowler. When you're short like him, you need extra skill to compensate for the lack of height and I don't think he brings anything special.

He's always looked as the weak link in Pakistan's bowling attack. Pakistan need to replace him with another gun bowler like Shaheen to have a great new ball pairing.