Runs
    Mentioned
    3519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Finally you understand
    Now I know why the tigers didn't waste any boosts on this

"And [remember] when your Lord proclaimed, 'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]; but if you deny, indeed, My punishment is severe" - Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Finally you understand
    When did I suggest otherwise?

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watsupdoc View Post
    Now I know why the tigers didn't waste any boosts on this
    Not really.

To rule our your chances with half the season remaining, and only 1 loss in the first half out if 5 games still makes no sense, to say the least.

In spite of getting unlucky here I am satisfied that at least we gave it our best and missed our by the thinnest of margins. We did all we could and didn't give up until the very end - which ironically is what cornered tigers are supposed to do, but the Cornered Tigers here didn't do that; we did

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Not really.

To rule our your chances with half the season remaining, and only 1 loss in the first half out if 5 games still makes no sense, to say the least.

In spite of getting unlucky here I am satisfied that at least we gave it our best and missed our by the thinnest of margins. We did all we could and didn't give up until the very end - which ironically is what cornered tigers are supposed to do, but the Cornered Tigers here didn't do that; we did
    So in other words we are the real cornered tigers?

"And [remember] when your Lord proclaimed, 'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]; but if you deny, indeed, My punishment is severe" - Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watsupdoc View Post
    So in other words we are the real cornered tigers?
    Precisely

Though we would've had a bigger claim of being the real Cornered Tigers had round 9 vs Cannons not been a tie, and then we beat the Assassins in round 10.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not really.

Only 1 loss can be rewritten as only 1 win

We definitely had a shot if we won 4/5 or 5/5 of the remaining games but even 3/5 would still have locked us at second or third place while 4/5 would put us tentatively between first and second.

If there was a QAE style final between 1st and 2nd, then we would have fought on in the hopes of 2nd place and wouldnít have minded missing out by sitting at 3rd or 4th. Because at least itís worth chasing.
    Last edited by Thunderbolt14; 28th June 2020 at 06:37.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Only 1 loss can be rewritten as only 1 win

We definitely had a shot if we won 4/5 or 5/5 of the remaining games but even 3/5 would still have locked us at second or third place while 4/5 would put us tentatively between first and second.

If there was a QAE style final between 1st and 2nd, then we would have fought on in the hopes of 2nd place and wouldn’t have minded missing out by sitting at 3rd or 4th. Because at least it’s worth chasing.
    Even if it took winning 4/5 games, it's still the most prized format. You oughta atleast try using boosts for the first 1-2 rounds and then if you lose, you can always give it up at that point.

But not even going for it and instead saving a grand total of 15 boosts for 5 T20s is unfathomable, especially after seeing how useless boosts have been in T20s.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    But not even going for it and instead saving a grand total of 15 boosts for 5 T20s is unfathomable, especially after seeing how useless boosts have been in T20s.
    I donít want to generalize. We are confident in our strategies

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    I don’t want to generalize. We are confident in our strategies
    Can't recall a single boost that actually worked in the first half of the T20 leg but fair enough, keep losing FCs with confidence

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Precisely

Though we would've had a bigger claim of being the real Cornered Tigers had round 9 vs Cannons not been a tie, and then we beat the Assassins in round 10.

The real cornered tiger is the sim

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Precisely

You were in second place during mid season though, almost tied for first :p

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Common another game that we shud have easily won