Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Islamabad set to have its first Hindu temple since partition

The Shri Krishna Mandir will come up in a 20,000 sq ft plot at the capital’s H-9 area

Pakistan has started the construction process of a ₹10 crore Hindu temple -- the first in Islamabad.

The Krishna temple will come up in a 20,000 sq ft plot at the capital’s H-9 area.

The groundbreaking ceremony for the temple was performed by Parliamentary Secretary on Human Rights Lal Chand Malhi on Tuesday.

Addressing the gathering, Mr. Malhi said there were several pre-1947 era temple structures in Islamabad and its adjoining areas, including one at Saidpur village and at the hill point overlooking the Korang river near Rawal lake. However, they have been abandoned and not used.

He also rued the lack of crematorium in Islamabad for the minority community.

Religious Affairs Minister Pir Noorul Haq Qadri said the government will bear the cost of the construction, currently estimated at ₹10 crore, the report said.

Citing a senior official of the Ministry, it said the Minister has already taken up the matter of special grant for the temple with Prime Minister Imran Khan.

The Islamabad Hindu Panchayat has named the temple as Shri Krishna Mandir.

The plot for the temple was allotted to the Hindu Panchayat by the Capital Development Authority (CDA) in 2017. However, the construction work was delayed due to some formalities, including the approval of the site map and documents from the CDA and other relevant authorities.

The temple complex will also have a cremation site, apart from the space for separate structures for other religious rites

https://www.thehindu.com/news/intern...le31904420.ece

Editor Says: So dear PPians 73yrs since partition and the capital of pakistan islamabad didnt had its own temple before now... question is did minorties faced discrimination in previous Eras of d/f govt. And is IK now fulfilling those mistakes.
    2.why was there No temple in capital city of pakistan since partition,was least population of hindus an issue OR?
    3.is minorities in pakistan given their basic rights as constitution of pakistan promise?
    Last edited by MenInG; 25th June 2020 at 14:41.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Islamabad wasn’t much of anything before partition. It’s a city built from the scratch. Those who built it weren’t exactly the most pro-inclusivity ppl. So it doesn’t surprise me that it took so long for something like this to happen.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Angrez Pakistan yes you are right it was,but somehow doubt in Minds i just checked few neutral articles which claimed Nearly 800 temples were either destroyed or changed to hotel in Pakistan. I mean why are we doing this if true. And now IK has announced Renovation of 400temples in Pakistan in 2k19,latest is today in high profiled Area of islamabad. I hope IK will fulfill those things.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6648 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    It is very good news, but I hope the intention is to help the Hindus rather than send a message to Modi that we care about Hindus in Pakistan.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    While we are busy demolishing/destroying mosques in India, changing muslim names of cities, Pakistan is building new temples and allowing Indian sikh people to visit Kartarpur.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6648 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    @the eslah

The Hindu population in Islamabad is extremely low. Hindu temples have existed in KP and Sindh for multiple years and have survived under various governments.

Nevertheless, there is no doubt that unfortunately, Pakistan is overall Hell for minorities and they have been consistently discriminated throughout the course of history.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    @the eslah

The Hindu population in Islamabad is extremely low. Hindu temples have existed in KP and Sindh for multiple years and have survived under various governments.

Nevertheless, there is no doubt that unfortunately, Pakistan is overall Hell for minorities and they have been consistently discriminated throughout the course of history.
    If you and most pakistanis applauded a government for these tiny steps to change pakistan from a hell for minorities to a better place, it would incentivize political parties more.

We have a fantastic culture of tearing each other down — these are solid steps securing rights for minorities and changing the perception of the average pakistani.

First it was transgenders, then sikhs, and now it is hindus. Not sure what radical sweeping transformation you want the government to make regarding religious groups, the biggest things you can do are create more safe spaces, foster communities, and normalize perceptions of these minorities amongst the majority.

That is what they are doing, albeit it takes time to change the culture of a south asian society built upon the religion and caste divide.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    While we are busy demolishing/destroying mosques in India, changing muslim names of cities, Pakistan is building new temples and allowing Indian sikh people to visit Kartarpur.
    That is because when the bad person does something good, it is seen as remarkable. And the good person's (obviously India) actions are remarkable only when they are bad. the ill natured get credit for all the evils they refrain from while the kind ones gentleness is not recognized.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    Islamabad wasn’t much of anything before partition. It’s a city built from the scratch. Those who built it weren’t exactly the most pro-inclusivity ppl. So it doesn’t surprise me that it took so long for something like this to happen.
    It is very good news, but I hope the intention is to help the Hindus rather than send a message to Modi that we care about Hindus in Pakistan.
    this one by you is simple Praisable, i also think the same. Good things should be done for humanity cause not political rivalry cause. I'll appreciate PTI if they say " Hum ny ye apney hindu bhai behno k liye kia hai" instead of "hum modi ko batana chahtey hain k pakistan barabri wala mulk hai. Hope @Bhaag Viru Bhaag also agree with our point.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @CricketCartoons @Mamoon @Bhaag Viru Bhaag a country is nor good neither bad, it took minutes for a country to became bad from good and good from bad. But the point is we(& our govt) should continue doing good things w/o any greed of political pointing...
    The effect of "good thing for political pointing" is today they will build mosque in india to make muslims happy and tommorow they will destroy darbar to make hindus happy and vice versa in pakistan but if they do it for humanity then nothing will stop them to destroy temples,mosques etc.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Shaheen Bagh, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Good stuff. Congratulations. Stay happy and prosperous always. Islamabad looks beautiful.

I am in Indian Punjab and practically closer to Pakistan than most of India yet it's a challenge to visit Lahore Islamabad, Pakistani Kashmir regions etc.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    That is because when the bad person does something good, it is seen as remarkable. And the good person's (obviously India) actions are remarkable only when they are bad. the ill natured get credit for all the evils they refrain from while the kind ones gentleness is not recognized.
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Good stuff. Congratulations. Stay happy and prosperous always. Islamabad looks beautiful.

I am in Indian Punjab and practically closer to Pakistan than most of India yet it's a challenge to visit Lahore Islamabad, Pakistani Kashmir regions etc.
    bro, you will be welcomed here like no other country and you know what? Despite being cross-border country you won't feel like being out of country. Punjab(pk) will remember you of punjab(ind) Haripur of pritampura faisalabad of chandigarh, lahore of Dehli, karachi of mumbai and vice verse. Beleive me pakistan is not what is is shown on indian media. BTW I also dream to visit punjab of india, mumbai and Ranchi...

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Islamabad might have been a planned city but sure it was built on a few villages or small town areas that have existed since centuries. I wonder why there wasn’t even a remanent of a Hindu temple before.

Anyways good initiative. Steps like this definitely helps improving Pakistan’s reputation in the world.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Local.Dada islamabad isnt that much ancient city like lahore,mohenjodaro,peshwar etc and secondly hinduism hasnt been that popular in punjab since Ages but in Sindh... The local beleiver used to visit sister-city Rawalpindi for major POOJA PAAT or other religious ceromonies and offered daily worship at their homes but now after Mandir will be built they dont have to panic anymore.even though i am muslim but I am very happy about this.
    #JaiPak

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    While we are busy demolishing/destroying mosques in India, changing muslim names of cities, Pakistan is building the first temple in Islamabad in 70+ years and allowing Indian Sikh people to visit Kartarpur.
    Minor correction. And by the same token India has been building mosques every year for the last 70+ years.

Any way, a good step. I hope they keep it protected.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Minor correction. And by the same token India has been building mosques every year for the last 70+ years.

They should also allow bhakhts to visit that temple. I am pretty sure they will try to hoist Indian flag there as well.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @BreakPakoda @Bhaag Viru Bhaag india is building mosques every year(according to you) because india have population of 22cr muslims but that isn't the deal here. Pakistan has only 60 & odd lakh minorties.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Some of my fellow indians are acting dumb as always. On one hand they complain that population of hindu minorities in Pakistan is declining and on the other hand they complain about no temple being built in a city like Islamabad lol. Make up your mind first. If there is no hindu population why and for whom will they build Hindu temple for?

Is it written somewhere that a temple has to be built in every city of this world just to please some jaahil bhakhts sitting in India? Especially those bhakhts who like to hoist Indian flag on Indian Mosques lol? If it were upto them they would have destroyed every single mosque in India.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of my fellow indians are acting dumb as always. On one hand they complain that population of hindu minorities in Pakistan is declining and on the other hand they complain about no temple being built in a city like Islamabad lol. Make up your mind first. If there is no hindu population why and for whom will they build Hindu temple for?

Is it written somewhere that a temple has to be built in every city of this world just to please some jaahil bhakhts sitting in India? Especially those bhakhts who like to hoist Indian flag on Indian Mosques lol? If it were upto them they would have destroyed every single mosque in India.
    yes,Absolutely right temples(or other holy places) are made for prayers not for marketing or making image good. If there are no hindus then there is no need to built temple. But now since the need to make one felt that reflects hindu beleivers have increased in the city which is a good sign.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the eslah View Post
    @CricketCartoons @Mamoon @Bhaag Viru Bhaag a country is nor good neither bad, it took minutes for a country to became bad from good and good from bad. But the point is we(& our govt) should continue doing good things w/o any greed of political pointing...
    The effect of "good thing for political pointing" is today they will build mosque in india to make muslims happy and tommorow they will destroy darbar to make hindus happy and vice versa in pakistan but if they do it for humanity then nothing will stop them to destroy temples,mosques etc.
    India is Miss goodie two shoes, and your country is the enfant terrible.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    how many Hindus are they Islamabad ?

they should build a small one, but larger ones in higher hindu areas like sindh

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy7 View Post
    how many Hindus are they Islamabad ?

they should build a small one, but larger ones in higher hindu areas like sindh
    According to 1998 cencus the total hindu population in islamabad was 180.the latest whici i read was Article by tribune back in winters which show the total hindu population As 500 in islamabad.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats because during partition there was a population transfer between East and West Punjab. So not many Hindus/Sikhs left in West Punjab, likewise same thing in East Punjab for Muslims. And since Islamabad was part of Punjab presumably not many Hindus were there.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post

Has the Indian goverment built them? or have they been built by the Indian Muslim population? big difference, since this is being funded by the goverment.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the biggest slanders right wingers Indians and left wing Pakistanis do is when they talk about a declining population of minorities in Pakistan. In Pakistan the percentage of minorities has been the same as it was since 1951. The reason for the big decline was there was a partition of Punjab, and that East Pakistan became Bangladesh.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    If you and most pakistanis applauded a government for these tiny steps to change pakistan from a hell for minorities to a better place, it would incentivize political parties more.

We have a fantastic culture of tearing each other down — these are solid steps securing rights for minorities and changing the perception of the average pakistani.

First it was transgenders, then sikhs, and now it is hindus. Not sure what radical sweeping transformation you want the government to make regarding religious groups, the biggest things you can do are create more safe spaces, foster communities, and normalize perceptions of these minorities amongst the majority.

That is what they are doing, albeit it takes time to change the culture of a south asian society built upon the religion and caste divide.
    These tiny steps have been going on for like 20 years now. Musharraf, PPP, PML N, and now PTI have all done them.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are not missing much.

You would not want to visit Islamabad even if you could. There is literally nothing to do. Its clean because Islamabad is just like the suburbs of Pindi.

Lahore Lahore hai, but you have Delhi, which is like Lahore, but better. So not a huge loss.

And yea Pakistani Kashmir is scenic, but there are no shortage of scenic places in India.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharib Aadmi View Post

You would not want to visit Islamabad even if you could. There is literally nothing to do. Its clean because Islamabad is just like the suburbs of Pindi.

Lahore Lahore hai, but you have Delhi, which is like Lahore, but better. So not a huge loss.

And yea Pakistani Kashmir is scenic, but there are no shortage of scenic places in India.
    You should work for Pakistan's tourism department

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Kind of a weird statement 'since partition' because Islamabad the city was only established in the 60s and has very small Hindu population.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they should build a small one, but larger ones in higher hindu areas like sindh[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Kind of a weird statement 'since partition' because Islamabad the city was only established in the 60s and has very small Hindu population.

@Gharib Aadmi good review with positive attitude. PTI has started renovating 400 mandirs in 2019 and now this one. PTI has done good job for minorties overall.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh..that's not the reason. It's about demographics, there were barely any hindus at the time and now that there's a community large enough to support a temple it makes sense to build one.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    Uh..that's not the reason. It's about demographics, there were barely any hindus at the time and now that there's a community large enough to support a temple it makes sense to build one.
    yes, since the population has clicked 500 it make sense to build temple. Islamabad hindu population was not even 100 before 1980.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My naani is from Delhi, my nana from Lucknow. These bitter politics have divided us too long.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    My naani is from Delhi, my nana from Lucknow. These bitter politics have divided us too long.
    I have the same background... Dada from Delhi and Nana from Lucknow. I for one am thoroughly glad they gave up their all to move to Pakistan otherwise we would have been one of those being lynched on the streets of Delhi.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    These tiny steps have been going on for like 20 years now. Musharraf, PPP, PML N, and now PTI have all done them.
    And I applaud all of them for these small steps. The issue was created by ZAB and then Zia with Islamization. Religious tolerance has gone low. After decades of islamization, it will take time to reverse.

The single biggest thing that can be done is to restructure the madrassa system which PTI is actually doing.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I applaud all of them for these small steps. The issue was created by ZAB and then Zia with Islamization. Religious tolerance has gone low. After decades of islamization, it will take time to reverse.

The single biggest thing that can be done is to restructure the madrassa system which PTI is actually doing.
    yes, they didn't took big step for minorties like PTI did now and then. Govts. Should think about all,not islam only.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in Reel life like films,tales that is the beauty of india but things are d/f in real life. I am gujarati,he is punjabi, they are marathi, you are haryanvi, she is mandhvadi etc tags make people discomfortable even inside india.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in Reel life like films,tales that is the beauty of india but things are d/f in real life. I am gujarati,he is punjabi, they are marathi, you are haryanvi, she is mandhvadi etc tags make people discomfortable even inside india.
    What you mean by that? I don’t get why would that make anyone uncomfortable?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    PM Imran directs release of funds for Hindu temple in Islamabad

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf ‘s (PTI) lawmakers of the minority community called on Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday.

The lawmakers appraised PM Imran regarding issues pertaining to their respective constituencies, especially problems faced by minority communities.

Talking to the members, PM Imran said that a commendable role is being played by the minority community in the journey of development and prosperity of Pakistan.

“The protection of the rights of minorities and ensuring them equal opportunities in all walks of life is the top priority of the government,” the premier stressed. “We all have to take Pakistan forward by promoting unity and religious harmony in our ranks.”

PM Imran also issued instructions to expedite the proposed legislation regarding the protection of minority rights.

He further directed release of funds for the construction of a temple in Islamabad.

Jay Prakash, Shanila Rath, Lal Chand, Ramesh Kumar and Jamshed Thomas attended the meeting while Minister for Religious Affairs Noorul Haq Qadri and Chairman Non-Ministerial Standing Committee on Government Assurances Malik Muhammad Amir Dogar were also present.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2250905...ple-islamabad/

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The minority with the biggest issues in Pakistan is Ahmadis. The rest of the minority population does not anywhere close to the problems they have. Do only people who go to madrassa support the discrimination against them? i dont think so.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The minority with the biggest issues in Pakistan is Ahmadis. The rest of the minority population does not anywhere close to the problems they have. Do only people who go to madrassa support the discrimination against them? i dont think so.
    They are the biggest voices. Most people don’t care about other religions like this.

It is an education problem. The few people I have met that hate Ahmedis are people who have been brainwashed that all Ahmedis want to do is distort Islam.

A simple talk explaining that it is their own religion and set of beliefs and should be no different from treating them like you would a Christian or Sikh or Hindu (people in general treat them with kindness, while Ahmedis are occasionally treated with hostility)

All of this goes back to the question— who is doing the brainwashing? It is a few, small, powerful voices of right-wing religious groups and Wahabbis who source their power in madrassas.

Brainwashing is another way of saying education. You teach these same kids about math and physics instead of hifzing Qur’an and you will solve the problem.

Rest my parents generation is fairly tolerant and most of the newer generations are brought up with liberal values with regard to accepting other religions. They see social media about black lives matter and imran khan opening up nankana sahib for Sikhs as well as giving speeches about kashmiris and human rights. You may not realize how big of an effect these small changes like opening up a Hindu temple represent, but it improves the entire psyche of Pakistan as a nation.

For example, I have seen a huge resurgence in transgender activism ever since they were given proper identification on their Smart cards (ID cards) and some are now even making waves in modeling, acting, and becoming instagram influencers).
    Last edited by Thunderbolt14; 27th June 2020 at 07:05.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I have the same background... Dada from Delhi and Nana from Lucknow. I for one am thoroughly glad they gave up their all to move to Pakistan otherwise we would have been one of those being lynched on the streets of Delhi.
    You are my brother in blood. Not because we hail from the same places but because our ancestors and ourselves have had the same experiences. And I am proud to share it with you.

It is an age old sociological question. There is a concept of a “melting pot” that has been applied to the US in the 1920’s onward. I believe in this age of globalization, social media, and nationalism, we are as a human race approaching convergence. India, Pakistan, we will end up as Indians and Pakistanis and not Punjabis Pathans Gujaratis.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are the biggest voices. Most people don’t care about other religions like this.

It is an education problem. The few people I have met that hate Ahmedis are people who have been brainwashed that all Ahmedis want to do is distort Islam.

A simple talk explaining that it is their own religion and set of beliefs and should be no different from treating them like you would a Christian or Sikh or Hindu (people in general treat them with kindness, while Ahmedis are occasionally treated with hostility)

All of this goes back to the question— who is doing the brainwashing? It is a few, small, powerful voices of right-wing religious groups and Wahabbis who source their power in madrassas.

Brainwashing is another way of saying education. You teach these same kids about math and physics instead of hifzing Qur’an and you will solve the problem.

Rest my parents generation is fairly tolerant and most of the newer generations are brought up with liberal values with regard to accepting other religions. They see social media about black lives matter and imran khan opening up nankana sahib for Sikhs as well as giving speeches about kashmiris and human rights. You may not realize how big of an effect these small changes like opening up a Hindu temple represent, but it improves the entire psyche of Pakistan as a nation.

For example, I have seen a huge resurgence in transgender activism ever since they were given proper identification on their Smart cards (ID cards) and some are now even making waves in modeling, acting, and becoming instagram influencers).
    Ahmadis dont want to be considered another religion. They want to be considered Muslims. There should not be a law barring them from being considered Muslims. Its actually part of the constitution of Pakistan. How many will support the reversal of that?

And in Pakistan its considered bad luck to say something against Hijra. So Transgender rights while good, does not necessarily mean that Pakistan will extend rights to gays.

So while i agree that progress has been made I would argue that giving complete rights to Ahmadis and Gays are a long ways away. These are the two groups who have institutional discrimination.

And while more education can never hurt, but i think the real solution is for Pakistan to go back to the state that its founders wanted, which was based on Subcontinent Muslim cultural nationalism not Islam.

So the same way that Israel is a Jewish state, but its a state based on Jewish culture and not Jewish religion. Same thing should happen to Pakistan, be a state that reflects the Muslim heritage of the subcontinent, but does not have religious based laws.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ahmadis dont want to be considered another religion. They want to be considered Muslims. There should not be a law barring them from being considered Muslims. Its actually part of the constitution of Pakistan. How many will support the reversal of that?
    You misunderstand. I said treated like any other religion. They have their own beliefs and you have yours. And you have more similarities with them than differences.

This is the basic explanation that challenges people’s conceptions of Ahmedis.

Regarding reversal of the constitution — while not many will support it, those same people will not oppose reversal either.

The biggest voices, again, are right wing groups. These are vocal minorities — the supporters of Khadim Rizvi, etc, who marched against Atif Mian and then again against Asia bibi.

So the solution is to eliminate these groups. Rest of the population won’t say anything.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

And while more education can never hurt, but i think the real solution is for Pakistan to go back to the state that its founders wanted, which was based on Subcontinent Muslim cultural nationalism not Islam.

So the same way that Israel is a Jewish state, but its a state based on Jewish culture and not Jewish religion. Same thing should happen to Pakistan, be a state that reflects the Muslim heritage of the subcontinent, but does not have religious based laws.
    You are talking about shifting a mindset about what Pakistan represents. In other words, education of the newer generation. Therefore, you and I are on the same page.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    PM Imran directs release of funds for Hindu temple in Islamabad

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf ‘s (PTI) lawmakers of the minority community called on Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday.

The lawmakers appraised PM Imran regarding issues pertaining to their respective constituencies, especially problems faced by minority communities.

Talking to the members, PM Imran said that a commendable role is being played by the minority community in the journey of development and prosperity of Pakistan.

“The protection of the rights of minorities and ensuring them equal opportunities in all walks of life is the top priority of the government,” the premier stressed. “We all have to take Pakistan forward by promoting unity and religious harmony in our ranks.”

PM Imran also issued instructions to expedite the proposed legislation regarding the protection of minority rights.

He further directed release of funds for the construction of a temple in Islamabad.

Jay Prakash, Shanila Rath, Lal Chand, Ramesh Kumar and Jamshed Thomas attended the meeting while Minister for Religious Affairs Noorul Haq Qadri and Chairman Non-Ministerial Standing Committee on Government Assurances Malik Muhammad Amir Dogar were also present.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2250905...ple-islamabad/
    any information?how much fund it is and when will the project start?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there many Hindus in Islamabad? Quite an unexpected move nonetheless.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 27th June 2020 at 11:16.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    Are there many Hindus in Islamabad? Quite an unexpected move nonetheless.
    There is a small but existing community.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    any information?how much fund it is and when will the project start?
    https://www.dawn.com/news/1565405/pm...e-in-islamabad

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan has approved a grant of Rs100 million for the construction of the first Hindu temple in the capital.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Construction of the first Hindu temple in the Pakistani capital Islamabad began on Tuesday, as a long-standing demand of the minority community was fulfilled by the government of Prime Minister Imran Khan.

The site of the Shri Krishna Mandir (temple) complex, will also include a crematorium, accommodation for visitors, a community hall and a parking space spread across an area of 4 kanals (2,023sq metres) in sector H-9.

The plot was approved back in 2017 under former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's government - however, construction was delayed until this year due to various administrative hurdles.

"This is very big step for the Hindu community and Pakistan," Pritam Das, an Islamabad resident and real estate professional, told Al Jazeera.

Das said Pakistani Hindus across the country, and especially in Islamabad, were grateful to Prime Minister Khan and his government for facilitating the construction of the temple and other related facilities, which he said was much needed considering the steady increase in Hindu population in the capital.

"This will send the soft image of the government of Pakistan to all over the world," Das added.

Pakistan is home to about eight million Hindus, according to estimates from the country's Hindu Council. The last official figures were released in 1998, when the population of the minority community was put at three million. Majority of Hindus are based in the southern province of Sindh, which borders India.

The latest numbers on religious minorities in the 2017 census are yet to be published.

Islamabad is home to an estimated 3,000 Hindus, however, no official figure is available.

"For the Hindu population in Islamabad, there is no place to gather ... there was no temple, there was no community hall ... which caused many issues for the community," Lal Chand Mahli, parliamentary secretary on human rights, and a member of the governing party Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), told Al Jazeera.

Also, there is no crematorium in the capital at present, Mahli noted, referring to a facility used by Hindus for funeral services. This meant people were forced to take bodies to their hometowns or villages travelling hundreds of kilometres.

Furthermore, the new temple complex will work as a cultural centre for many Hindu visitors who come from far-flung places such as Sindh province.

Das, who has been living in the capital since 1973, said Islamabad was one the county's most expensive cities in the country of 200 million. For most Hindus travelling to Islamabad, accommodation was unaffordable as many of them came from lower-income backgrounds, Das added.

Government funding
    Khan's government has decided to provide 100 million rupees ($1.32m) in funding for the temple and the associated facilities, local
    media outlet the Dawn reported.

During a meeting with parliamentarians from religious minority groups on Thursday, that included Mahli, the prime minister directed the Federal Minister for Religious Affairs Noor-ul-Haq Qadri to release the funds immediately.

Responding to a question in a news briefing held shortly after, the group of parliamentarians said Khan also directed Qadri to formulate a bill in two months addressing the contentious issue of forced conversions - of which the Hindu community, especially women, have been a target.

Qadri was not available immediately for comment.

According to a report by the Movement for Solidarity and Peace in Pakistan, some 1,000 cases of Hindu and Christian girls being forced to convert to marry Muslim men are recorded every year.

Khan's government has often promised since coming to power in August 2018 to improve conditions for minorities in the country, including the restoration of several religious shrines.

The government announced last year it was hoping to restore some 400 Hindu temples across the country as part of its plan to showcase heritage belonging to minorities, particularly Hindus and Sikhs.

Last November, the Pakistani government inaugurated the Kartarpur corridor, which leads to one of the holiest sites in Sikh religion, where Sikhism's founder Guru Nanak spent his last days.

The corridor allows visa-free travel to approximately 5,000 Sikh pilgrims a day to the temple from across the Indian border.

The move was one of the very few acts of cooperation between the Khan-led government and India, which has seen relations worsen in recent years.

Omar Waraich, the head of South Asia at Amnesty International, told Al Jazeera that while the building of the temple was "a very welcome gesture" Pakistan's Hindu community needed "a lot more than mere gestures".

"They need protection - protection of their temples from attacks by vandals, protection of Hindu women and girls from forced conversions, and the protection of the whole community from discriminatory laws and practices that have long subjected them to persecution," he added.

In its 2019 report on Pakistan, Amnesty said religious minorities in Pakistan continued to be persecuted, including under the country's controversial blasphemy laws and attacks from hardliners.

Hindu properties and places of worship have faced attacks, with the most recent incident being reported from Thar, Sindh. At least four people were charged for vandalising the temple.

Last September, a Hindu school principal was detained by the police in the Ghotki, Sindh, for alleged blasphemy, leading to riots by far-right protesters.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...234018796.html

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Some of the WhatsApp forwards doing the rounds about this temple display such astonishing paranoia and insecurity that you’ll be... astonished.

One claims that this is a precursor to settle millions of Hindus in Islamabad. Another lays the “blame” on Dr Jai Krishnan, apparently Islamabad’s most competent and popular pediatrician, who is using his popularity to further the conspiracy. Truly mind boggling stuff.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    Some of the WhatsApp forwards doing the rounds about this temple display such astonishing paranoia and insecurity that you’ll be... astonished.

One claims that this is a precursor to settle millions of Hindus in Islamabad. Another lays the “blame” on Dr Jai Krishnan, apparently Islamabad’s most competent and popular pediatrician, who is using his popularity to further the conspiracy. Truly mind boggling stuff.
    Whatsapp should be ban in South Asia. If anything is more detrimental to society it's this app.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Shri Krishna Mandir will come up in a 20,000 sq ft plot at the capital’s H-9 area

Pakistan has started the construction process of a ₹10 crore Hindu temple -- the first in Islamabad.

The Krishna temple will come up in a 20,000 sq ft plot at the capital’s H-9 area.

The groundbreaking ceremony for the temple was performed by Parliamentary Secretary on Human Rights Lal Chand Malhi on Tuesday.

Addressing the gathering, Mr. Malhi said there were several pre-1947 era temple structures in Islamabad and its adjoining areas, including one at Saidpur village and at the hill point overlooking the Korang river near Rawal lake. However, they have been abandoned and not used.

He also rued the lack of crematorium in Islamabad for the minority community.

Religious Affairs Minister Pir Noorul Haq Qadri said the government will bear the cost of the construction, currently estimated at ₹10 crore, the report said.

Citing a senior official of the Ministry, it said the Minister has already taken up the matter of special grant for the temple with Prime Minister Imran Khan.

The Islamabad Hindu Panchayat has named the temple as Shri Krishna Mandir.

The plot for the temple was allotted to the Hindu Panchayat by the Capital Development Authority (CDA) in 2017. However, the construction work was delayed due to some formalities, including the approval of the site map and documents from the CDA and other relevant authorities.

The temple complex will also have a cremation site, apart from the space for separate structures for other religious rites

https://www.thehindu.com/news/intern...le31904420.ece

Editor Says: So dear PPians 73yrs since partition and the capital of pakistan islamabad didnt had its own temple before now... question is did minorties faced discrimination in previous Eras of d/f govt. And is IK now fulfilling those mistakes.
    2.why was there No temple in capital city of pakistan since partition,was least population of hindus an issue OR?
    3.is minorities in pakistan given their basic rights as constitution of pakistan promise?
    Is the bolded part consider normal that government monetarily supports creation of any religious building? I think in Canada there is no such thing but I may be wrong.
    Last edited by srh; 28th June 2020 at 21:52.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    Is the bolded part consider normal that government monetarily supports creation of any religious building? I think in Canada there is no such thing but I may be wrong.
    They usually monetarily support the repair of historical religious buildings. Its not normal for government of Pakistan to support creation of a new religious building.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post

Thats wrong if they oppose the Mandir. The only legitimate case they could make is against goverment funding of the Mandir, and that the Hindu community should fund it themselves.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They usually monetarily support the repair of historical religious buildings. Its not normal for government of Pakistan to support creation of a new religious building.
    So Imran Khan's government unilaterally decide to spend tax payers money on something which was not it was collected for! I thought in new Pakistan tax payers money will get more respect.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    Terrestrial
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gujranwala has quite a few temples that aren't operational currently. That should also be considered.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    So Imran Khan's government unilaterally decide to spend tax payers money on something which was not it was collected for! I thought in new Pakistan tax payers money will get more respect.
    If its only one its fine, as a good faith gesture. But any other new religious buildings need to be created with that community's money, not the taxpayers money.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Energy View Post
    Gujranwala has quite a few temples that aren't operational currently. That should also be considered.
    The goverment has been renovating historical mandirs since they came into power. I think they will eventually get to Gujranwala.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Is Islamabad’s new temple included in its master plan?

ISLAMABAD: Questions were raised on Tuesday about the space allocated in the federal capital’s master plan for a temple which is being built in Sector H-9.

The civic agency of the federal capital, the Capital Development Authority (CDA) was directed to answer this on Tuesday by a single-member bench of the Islamabad High Court (IHC), comprising Justice Amir Farooq, as it heard a petition filed by Chaudhry Akhtar against the construction of a Hindu temple in the city.

Akthar’s petition has included Prime Minister Imran Khan, through his principal secretary, as a respondent along with the secretaries of the ministry of religious affairs and interior, the CDA chairman and Sector H-9 Union Council (UC) chairman.

The petitioner contended that PM Imran Khan had approved the construction of a temple for the Hindu community of the federal capital, while the federal government had subsequently allocated an Rs100 million grant for the purpose. The foundation stone for the temple was laid on June 24 in Sector H-9.

The petitioner contended that a Hindu worship site exists in the Saidpur Village of the federal capital, asserting that the construction of a new temple was a violation of the city’s master plan.

At this, Justice Farooq issued a notice asking the CDA to clarify whether the worship site was part of the master plan or not.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2252745...ts-master-plan

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well .. that didn't last long. Government has decided to halt construction and consult with Islamic Ideology Council to see if muslim sentiments will be hurt.

John 3:16

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomaskutty View Post
    Well .. that didn't last long. Government has decided to halt construction and consult with Islamic Ideology Council to see if muslim sentiments will be hurt.
    lol at all the finger pointing that often goes on.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6648 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomaskutty View Post

“Will show Modi government how to treat minorities” - Imran Khan

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Good if they rolled back minority appeasement. Minorities should be given benefits, but not at the cost of hurting the dominant majority.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan has once again shown his jelly spine.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    Good if they rolled back minority appeasement. Minorities should be given benefits, but not at the cost of hurting the dominant majority.
    How are you hurting the majority by building a temple???

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once again wilting underneath the slightest of pressure from the mullahs.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    CDA stops construction of boundary wall at temple’s site in Islamabad

ISLAMABAD: The Capital Development Authority (CDA) on Friday stopped construction of the boundary wall on the plot meant for the temple citing legal reasons, while the prime minister will direct the religious affairs ministry to forward the summary regarding allocation of grant for the worship place to the Council of Islamic Ideology (CII) for advice.

On the other hand, the religious affairs ministry clarified its position, stating that it only helped renovate places of worship belonging to religious minorities and did not build new ones.

This message was circulated by the Ministry of Religious Affairs on social media groups, including twitter.

On Friday, a joint team of the CDA’s enforcement and building control departments reached the site of the temple in H-9/2 and directed workers to stop constructing the boundary wall.

The Hindu Panchayat Islamabad stopped the work and decided to approach the CDA on Monday to seek permission for commencing the construction.

“We abide by the rules but construction of a boundary wall was necessary as some people, backed by a few seminary students, had set up tents on the plot in 2018, and it took several months for us to get the place cleared with the help of the capital administration,” PTI MNA Lal Chand Malhi said.

Meanwhile, CDA spokesman Mazhar Hussain said the building control laws of the civic authority clearly stated that no activity could take place on a plot until the building plan (map) was approved.

However, a senior officer of CDA’s enforcement department acknowledged that it was possibly the first time that this clause had been enforced as all owners were allowed to construct boundary wall and ensure possession of their plot while formalities regarding approval of the map continue. Mr Malhi, on the other hand, said the Panchayat had submitted the building plan to the Ministry of Religious Affairs, and the minister, Pir Noorul Haq Qadri, had forwarded it along with a summary for grant of Rs100 million to the prime minister for construction of the building.

The official system is that if the summary is approved by the prime minister, the building plan will be forwarded to the Ministry of Housing and Works and Pak PWD will submit the building plan to the relevant civic body, that is CDA. The finance ministry will then release the approved funds to Pak PWD for the construction.

Spokesman for the Ministry of Religious Affairs Mohammad Imran, however, said the summary for the issuance of grant for the construction had been forwarded to the prime minister.

“The prime minister will decide on the funds for the construction of a place of worship for the minority population,” the spokesman said, adding that “the prime minister will decide taking into account all social and religious aspects”.

The spokesman also said the government will seek guidance and advice from the Council of Islamic Ideology over the summary forwarded to the prime minister.

This demand was made on July 1 by clerics belonging to the JUI-F, Markazi Jamiat Ahle Hadith and those affiliated with Lal Masjid and other seminaries of the capital.

Meanwhile, the Ministry of Religious Affairs, while replying to the objections raised by the clerics, clarified that the plot for the temple was allotted by CDA in 2017 on the directions of the National Commission for Human Rights and not the religious affairs ministry.

Responding to another allegation made by the clerics in their press conference on Thursday that the ministry was releasing funds for the temple’s construction, the spokesman clarified that “the ministry does not release funds for construction of minority places of worship; the Ministry of Religious Affairs repairs and renovates the places of worship belonging to the religious minorities.”

In the same statement, the ministry said the Hindu community was building the temple with its own resources on the plot allotted to them.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1566799/cd...e-in-islamabad

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan has ran off to the mullahs with this tail between his legs. What a gutless individual!

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A video shows man demolishing the foundations of proposed Islamabad temple.

Isn’t this blasphemy? Or is the charge of blasphemy only reserved for poor Christians and Hindus in the land of pure?

Pakistan is the most extremist nation on earth!Hopeless!

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Give the maulvi an inch and he'll take a mile. As soon as the proverbial can was kicked up to the supra-parliamentary CII, it gave them that inch.

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6648 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    Imran Khan has ran off to the mullahs with this tail between his legs. What a gutless individual!
    He is only good for abusing the opposition from a safe distance. When it comes to handling the mullahs, he has the spine of jelly.

Next U-turn would be on the education reform drama.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    For once you can’t fault the Powers that Be for being cognizant of the importance of optics and soft image, but perhaps they ended up being over-enthusiastic. Pakistan may have changed for the better over the last five years or so, but this ended up being a bridge too far, an own goal. They need to either draw a line under it and move on, perhaps by refurbishing the existing temple in Saidpur as a compromise, or stay the course and get this temple built, CII or no CII. As things stand, this is hurting rather than helping our image.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you spoke too soon and tried to play the agenda card by drawing a parallel with India. They have aparently stopped building the temple. Anything to say now?

And btw, this was the FIRST temple in islamabad they were building since independence. So when you write "Pakistan is building new temples" as in plural was incorrect to beging with.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what a farce.. looked dodgy from the start

Debut
    Mar 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very disappointed with the cancelation

Is the plan completely off the table or what if the hindu community builds it with their own funds? I take that mullahs were angry on government funding the project

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is only good for abusing the opposition from a safe distance. When it comes to handling the mullahs, he has the spine of jelly.

Next U-turn would be on the education reform drama.
    I have never seen a gutless leader as Imran Khan. He has ZERO conviction! Yes, I am sure he will make a massive U-turn on the education reforms.

This is the first government that consults mullahs on policy matters. Imran Khan has successfully handed over the charge of the country to the mullahs. The way Imran Khan is fanning the flames of extremism, and giving so much space to religious elements, it reminds me of Zia Ul Haq!

Who is his right mind calls OBL ‘a shaheed’. Pakistan got so much bad coverage all over the world due to this person’s remarks.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The country is beyond saving.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    While I'm saddened by the temporary suspension of this, the matter has been referred to CII and hopefully it goes ahead. Apparently the issue is that a Muslim government cannot finance a place of worship for another religion. The question then arises what about Kartarpur or the 400 Hindu temples being restored, and apparently government can renovate and restore places of worship but not create new :/

Hopefully some middle ground is found and the temple construction goes ahead.

Mein inko rolaonga