User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

"Mohammad Hafeez brought disrepute into the process that we are running" : Wasim Khan

Wasim Khan speaking to the media:

"First thing we are doing [about this discipline issue] is to produce a code of conduct for all our domestic and centrally contracted players; I have spoken to Hafeez and he understands, he had his reasons why he did it and didn't break any rules because he didn't say anything derogatory"

"One thing that I spoke to Hafeez about was that he brought into a little bit of disrepute the process that we are running"

"We have had long internal discussions over the last 2-3 days and there will be a clear code of conduct with what the penalty will be for the individuals, centrally and domestic and mainly for our domestic players"

"Our centrally contracted players do follow the protocol on social media but Hafeez is not a centrally contracted player, so he has to come under some sort of code of conduct about what you can and cannot do"

"We will share a clear code of conduct with the media in 3-4 weeks and what the repercussions will be for people who breach that code of conduct"

"We are setting up a professional game group also, which will police domestic cricket looking at conduct etc"

"This will be put in place and I do agree with you that there have been no sanctions placed on any players in the past properly for breaches and that is something we are putting in place as part of our governance"

"We asked ECB about the number of negative tests that are required as in UK, they are tightening the borders due to issues they are facing; So they have said you need 2 negative tests if you have been tested positive before"

"Dr Peter Harcourt who is chair of the ICC medical committee and Professor Nick Pearce of England speak with us 2-3 times in a week, we have been bringing them upto date on all the testing procedures that we have been carrying out so there is no issue [of trust] with England [ECB]"

Why did PCB allow players who had tested positive to go home instead of keeping them in NCA or hotel

"Look the same happens in other countries - such persons are not brought into a central place to quarantine; This is done at home, also Dr Sohail has spoken 6-7 times to each COVID-19+ player about this as have Misbah and I during this period of time"

"This is a matter of self-discipline and you self-isolate at home; Also to bring them to Lahore would mean they have to travel as well so what we did was the right thing to do and I have no issues about what we have done here"

"We initially did say 2 negative tests would be required for players to travel, but based on information we got from ECB, it seems that because our tests were done on 21st June, and the flight was 28th, there was a possibility of travelling after 7 days if next test was positive"

"9 out of 10 players who tested positive, had anti bodies which means that players had Coronavirus at some points but had residual bits remaining in their bodies and so they are coming to the end of it which is why they are asymptomatic"

"We have now changed our stance because ECB have told us that regulations now say that anyone tested positive will have to show evidence of 2 negative tests before they can enter the UK"

"In terms of plan B [incase something else happens], we believe that the bio-secure environment provided by the ECB will take care of that; There will no issues for our players; Once they are tested negative and they are in it [bio-secure]together they should be no issues for them in the time they are in England"

"I didn't say anything about being angry with Hafeez - I was asked by someone in media and I said I have spoken to Hafeez and there is nothing wrong with that"

"As far as the statement by Dr Sohail is concerned, he said its high risk; He is a doctor and he meant that everything is high risk in the world as you can see in Pakistan; He clarified that all things have a risk but the protocols we are delivering regarding testing and bio-secure environments and when the players go to England, they will be as safe as anywhere else in the world - so there are no issues; As I have said earlier, we have to improve lots of things, as this was an unprecedented situation and there was a lot of pressure of everyone; It wasn't an easy situation as the situation was evolving and mistakes were made, but we also delivered good things; These are all learnings for us"

"COVID-19 and Cricket will need to coexist for 12-18 months and we have to learn from these protocols so things are better moving forward"

"Waqar Younis's tests have come out as negative in Australia and he will be travelling by himself to England"

"Shoaib Malik will commence travel around 23/24th July from here but by that time he would have been tested twice and hopefully both tests would be negative"

"We had selected this lab at Shuakat Khanum for COVID-19 tests and developed a protocol to say that if first test is positive then next has to be negative too, if first is negative, second has to be negative too; Wahab and Hafeez decided to get themselves checked separately, we don't have a problem as they took their families there too and that is their choice; We are following a process and ECB are looking to see that we do what we have outlined before"

"So why did we announce the results? Look in Pakistan no news stays secret; So whoever is positive we have a duty to let them know as soon as possible so that they can self-isolate as that is protocol"

"We made an effort to keep the media informed of our progress for the last 4-5 days; We told the players and also went public as social media gets all news anyways so its important that we manage the message"

"The players were told first and also that we will announce it to the media"

"Wherever cricket is resumed there will be ongoing testing and bio-secure environments wherever cricket is to be played"

"So we have told players about this and to be patient too as this is not an easy situation and they understand this"

Q: What's the benefit of this series to Pakistan?

"The benefit is that cricket is returning and that is of use to cricketers and media alike"

"We would not have put the players in danger if we weren't convinced that all safety arrangements were in place by ECB"

"You can ask the same question of the Windies and this creates solidarity with others"

"We have taken the step to go there and we also want other countries to come here"
    Last edited by MenInG; 27th June 2020 at 20:10.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Hafeez should be sacked.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very frustrating that Hafeez will get away with it again.

He is the epitome of slimy senior culture who says and does what he wants but then squirms his way out of trouble.

Disappointed with Wasim Khan’s handling of this.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    Very frustrating that Hafeez will get away with it again.

He is the epitome of slimy senior culture who says and does what he wants but then squirms his way out of trouble.

Disappointed with Wasim Khan’s handling of this.
    Makes you wonder who his secret backers really are.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Do we know who didn't test positive for antibodies? It will put the Hafeez case to bed.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shouldn't they have taken action and dropped him. 39 year old still hasn't learnt to conduct himself is only because they don't discipline properly

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tbh the drama queen will cause more issues if he is dropped

He will cite reasons such as backing fixers and treating patriots like him with disdain

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Tbh the drama queen will cause more issues if he is dropped

He will cite reasons such as backing fixers and treating patriots like him with disdain
    So? We shouldn’t allow the team to be blackmailed by drama queens of this sort.

Drop him, let him cry to the media and use him as an example so that the next generation of players know that seniority alone doesn’t guarantee you special treatment. So that they don’t sit back and relax as they fix their places in the team.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    Do we know who didn't test positive for antibodies? It will put the Hafeez case to bed.
    After the saga with the Hafeez test, they will probably keep the names private.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Hafeez should be sacked.
    I have being saying this since 2006.

14 years later, he is still here. A book can be written on how Hafeez, Malik and Afridi ruined our cricket.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Hafeez had every right to double check because he was asymptotic. Should he have kept it private? Perhaps, but he was under no obligation - moral or ethical - because PCB did not respect his privacy and let the entire country know that Hafeez had tested positive.

PCB brought this humiliation on themselves.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A person should look into the far fetched events these stunts can have. Instances like these gives a player a soft signal that he/she is bigger than the organisation. Power is infectious, before you know it pulling another stunt like this would be easier for this person going forward. The worse is its influence on others, if others see that fellow player on same payroll can pull stunts off and get away it then inclination would be to jump on next opportunity and do something by yourself.

I have said this before and it applies even now, the sacking of Mickey Arthur is not one but several step backwards. I know Mickey Arthur is not the subject of this thread but surely under Mickey's regime Malik and Hafeez would have been a thing of the past now especially with halt on cricket due to corona. Sacking Mickey Arthur is indeed a backward step and is reminiscent of sacking of Geoff Lawson. Both loved coaching Pakistan equally and their sacking when it happened didn't make any sense. I wish for once we have both professional management and coach at same time.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Hafeez had every right to double check because he was asymptotic. Should he have kept it private? Perhaps, but he was under no obligation - moral or ethical - because PCB did not respect his privacy and let the entire country know that Hafeez had tested positive.

PCB brought this humiliation on themselves.
    Let's assume for a moment that the players somehow were so naive that they didn't know the test results would be made positive as has happened with sportspersons all over the world, whether it's football, tennis, etc.

==========

The players knew that the team will be leaving on the 28th.

They knew that the test results will be out on 22nd/23rd.

They knew that the ones who test positive can't possibly depart with the main squad because of the regulations.

As a result, the ones who don't go with the squad would automatically be the ones who tested positive. *gasp*

They knew that there will be two rounds of tests.

None of the players besides Hafeez created a scene about it.

==========

Something tells me that if the name of the PCB Chairman was Najam Sethi then you would have a very different outlook rather than this "humiliation" mantra—which is not based on any facts or logic—that has become your go-to phrase for everything related to Pakistan cricket.

All of the people I have seen on social media who are associated with the medical profession said Hafeez was in the wrong. Not necessarily due to undergoing a second test, but because of the way he announced its result. Any of the sane media persons who don't work for any of the masala media organizations had the same view. The only few who were saying that Hafeez has done the right thing were—surprise surprise—the same media persons who have opposed Wasim Khan since Day 1 and are always at the forefront of controversies, whether it's media leaks, embarrassing questions at press conferences, whatever.

You call out supporters of a certain political party as "cult followers and supporters" but you don't realize that your comments are very cultish in nature. PCB = bad. Pakistan = bad. Wasim Khan = bad. Anyone who opposes Pakistan = good. Anyone who opposes PCB or any of their actions = good.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    So? We shouldn’t allow the team to be blackmailed by drama queens of this sort.

Drop him, let him cry to the media and use him as an example so that the next generation of players know that seniority alone doesn’t guarantee you special treatment. So that they don’t sit back and relax as they fix their places in the team.
    Agreed. But this is PCB we are talking about. They are very easily blackmailed unfortunately

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hafeez has a tendency to pull these kinds of provoking and unnecessary stunts from time to time. Its a farce that he's still part of the Pakistani setup

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Typical hafeez A good little innings and then just when he looks set hes does something stupid

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Let's assume for a moment that the players somehow were so naive that they didn't know the test results would be made positive as has happened with sportspersons all over the world, whether it's football, tennis, etc.

==========

They knew that the ones who test positive can't possibly depart with the main squad because of the regulations.

As a result, the ones who don't go with the squad would automatically be the ones who tested positive. *gasp*

==========

Something tells me that if the name of the PCB Chairman was Najam Sethi then you would have a very different outlook rather than this "humiliation" mantra—which is not based on any facts or logic—that has become your go-to phrase for everything related to Pakistan cricket.

All of the people I have seen on social media who are associated with the medical profession said Hafeez was in the wrong. Not necessarily due to undergoing a second test, but because of the way he announced its result. Any of the sane media persons who don't work for any of the masala media organizations had the same view. The only few who were saying that Hafeez has done the right thing were—surprise surprise—the same media persons who have opposed Wasim Khan since Day 1 and are always at the forefront of controversies, whether it's media leaks, embarrassing questions at press conferences, whatever.

You call out supporters of a certain political party as "cult followers and supporters" but you don't realize that your comments are very cultish in nature. PCB = bad. Pakistan = bad. Wasim Khan = bad. Anyone who opposes Pakistan = good. Anyone who opposes PCB or any of their actions = good.
    I totally agree with you bhai. You couldnt have said it any better. The way Hafeez made a scene about his result was not good at all. It left a bad reputation on PCB.
    As you mentioned the people that hate Wasim khan since day 1 are the ones that support Hafeez.

Mamoon's comments are very political and always anti Pakistan. Just bc Pakistan was ran by corrupt people in the past does not mean that it still is.
    You cant judge results with a microscope and expect every little thing to be a success. You have to get more right/successful decisions than wrong/unsuccessful decisions in sports. You have to make tough decisions in order to be a great organization.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Hafeez wanted to do his own private test (which he did), I don't think anyone should have an issue with it.

I don't think Hafeez has done anything wrong.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    If Hafeez wanted to do his own private test (which he did), I don't think anyone should have an issue with it.

He can do the test, there is nothing wrong in it. Giving out the results to the media instead of pcb is the issue. No professionalism

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post

Noone has an issue with Hafeez doing a private test. Posting its results on social media instead of privately contacting the PCB is what everyone has an issue with.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1977 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I think PCB should have kept all the test results quiet from the public domain and in confidence, until all the tests were complete and all players had been tested.

Updates after each set of tests was ridiculous.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shoaib Akhtar's advice via YouTube: "My advice to Hafeez was that if you wanted to do a test for your own satisfaction and for your family, that's fine. But he shouldn't have put it up on Twitter, he should have confronted the board. But he didn't do that and that's his mistake. The board that's selecting you, you don't pick fights with them. And if you do that, you will face difficulties."

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PCB have thrown Hafeez under the bus but also his actions have not made the PCB look good. Hafeez will obviously played till he is 50 but after all this drama it's better we just move on from Hafeez. Hafeez tries to come across as someone who stays out of drama but he has been involved in a lot of drama which isn't often talked about. He also refuses to take responsibility for his failures. I really don't understand how that can inspire a younger player . He is only selected due to his so called experience. For me he doesn't really set a good example. I wouldn't not want to have the career he has had.

After all this drama , I hope this is the end of Hafeez international career.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I think PCB should have kept all the test results quiet from the public domain and in confidence, until all the tests were complete and all players had been tested.

Updates after each set of tests was ridiculous.
    What reason would they have given for these players not travelling with the team today? That would mean even more speculations

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1977 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    What reason would they have given for these players not travelling with the team today? That would mean even more speculations
    I'm referring to all tests that were taken up until Friday - announce them all in one go (yesterday) ahead of the squad's departure, rather than drip feed the results.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm referring to all tests that were taken up until Friday - announce them all in one go (yesterday) ahead of the squad's departure, rather than drip feed the results.
    While that is the ideal scenario, I think Wasim Khan knows that there are people within the PCB who will inevitably leak every piece of information to their buddies in the media.

So rather than rumours spreading about so and so being infected and ECB hearing worrying reports, I think it made sense to get ahead of it and make the announcements officially.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1977 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    While that is the ideal scenario, I think Wasim Khan knows that there are people within the PCB who will inevitably leak every piece of information to their buddies in the media.
    And that is something Wasim Khan needs to sort out. It's been a plague in PCB and if it continues it has the potential to cause a lot of problems for Wasim.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it’s true that 6 out of 10 players tested positive by PCB are actually negative, then PCB needs to get their act together first.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Third_Umpire View Post
    If it’s true that 6 out of 10 players tested positive by PCB are actually negative, then PCB needs to get their act together first.
    The negative test doesn't mean that they didn't have it at some point. This is the key part:

"9 out of 10 players who tested positive, had anti bodies which means that players had Coronavirus at some points but had residual bits remaining in their bodies and so they are coming to the end of it which is why they are asymptomatic"

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this is an issue but the fact that hafeez is still considered in international cricket in 2020 just shows how incompetent the current selectors are

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1977 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Not defending Hafeez here, but he's seen PCB announce his name as someone who's failed the Covid test. Many people in his shoes would have wanted to get another test done.

With PCB announcing his name, he's obviously wanted to counter that and say, look I'm fine.

Both PCB and Hafeez at fault here.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Not sure if this is an issue but the fact that hafeez is still considered in international cricket in 2020 just shows how incompetent the current selectors are
    It shows the inertia of pathetic selectors. Hafeez would have had one cycle if he was lucky, but here we are 17 years later and he still gets chosen.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Both have had nightmares here. PCB going public with the names and Hafeez tweeting his results out doesn't the organization well nor the player. Awful.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Disrepute or not - Hafeez is back and should be on his way to England soon.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The way malik & Hafeez go on one would think theyr in the same league as ponting/Clarke Dravid/tendulkar sanga/jayawardena.

Seems like they won’t be perishing anytime soon!!

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes Wasim, Hafeez did bring disrepute to the process. What are you going to do about it?

Wasim: I will just shut up and continue to be bullied by Hafeez

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

==========

==========

Wow Abdullah, tumh theek to hou na?

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    Yes Wasim, Hafeez did bring disrepute to the process. What are you going to do about it?

Wasim: I will just shut up and continue to be bullied by Hafeez
    Sounds about right.... maybe a couple of sorry sirs thrown in by Wasim Khan for daring to believe that even a coronavirus would dare to infect THE PROFESSOR!

At this point Hafeez could literally do anything and the PCB would be to scared to punish him.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Is it true that you can have false negatives but not false positives?

#MPGA

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Is it true that you can have false negatives but not false positives?
    30% of True Positives return a False Negative result.

0.01% of True Negatives return a False Positive result.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not defending Hafeez here, but he's seen PCB announce his name as someone who's failed the Covid test. Many people in his shoes would have wanted to get another test done.

With PCB announcing his name, he's obviously wanted to counter that and say, look I'm fine.

Both PCB and Hafeez at fault here.
    They were announcing the flight passengers in 2 days anyway. People talking about privacy are really whipping up a non-issue

It is simple, Hafeez had every right to retest but he shouldn’t have contradicted on social media before he sent his test results to the PCB.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Disrepute or not - he should be back with the squad soon.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact of the matter is if your company’s CEO is giving public statements that a certain employee has brought disrepute to the company in some way , then at very least that employer should have taken disciplinary action against that player. If not it’s best not to give such public statements and deal with the matter internally.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1977 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    The fact of the matter is if your company’s CEO is giving public statements that a certain employee has brought disrepute to the company in some way , then at very least that employer should have taken disciplinary action against that player. If not it’s best not to give such public statements and deal with the matter internally.
    Very true.

And it sends out weak and mixed messages to other players - slap on the wrist, we will still pick you, won't fine you either.
    Last edited by Saj; 4th July 2020 at 12:59.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Hafeez is back - and he means business

Name:  0b3f7c0b-ab0c-4518-8f89-2e38bbc801fe.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  241.5 KB

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is exactly what I came here to say. Totally agree, either acknowledge it and take action, or quietly deal with it internally. Whats the point of making such a big statement if you are not going to do anything about it. It shows him as a weak CEO.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very true.

And it sends out weak and mixed messages to other players - slap on the wrist, we will still pick you, won't fine you either.
    Hafeez didn't even get a slap on the wrist.

Poorly done from Wasim, pathetic look on the PCB

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1977 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Very poorly handled.

I spoke with him on the phone and told him he shouldn't have put hus test result on twitter.

What is the point!

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no winners in this situation. Hafeez acted very selfishly and could have had a bad effect on the public trust in testing for COVID-19 but PCB and Wasim Khan have shown themselves as very weak when faced by insubordination from a senior player.

If a new player like Haider Ali or Haris Rauf had done what Hafeez did, they would at the very least have been fined but more likely dropped and blacklisted.