Wisden Cricket Monthly

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 81
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    133,206
    Mentioned
    2570 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

    [PICTURES/VIDEOS] Training/practice sessions during Pakistan's tour of England 2020

    Pictures and Videos courtesy of the PCB of departure of Pakistan squad for England

    Name:  IMG-20200628-WA0004.jpg
Views: 3481
Size:  319.0 KBName:  IMG-20200628-WA0002.jpg
Views: 2925
Size:  249.1 KBName:  IMG-20200628-WA0003.jpg
Views: 2911
Size:  240.6 KBName:  IMG-20200628-WA0005.jpg
Views: 2886
Size:  235.6 KB





    Last edited by MenInG; 28th June 2020 at 10:48.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    133,206
    Mentioned
    2570 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    5,174
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Younis still looking the fittest among the touring party

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    3,823
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    With the squad finally arriving, I don't think I've ever felt so underwhelmed with a Pak touring team to England. Garbage team, garbage coach and CS.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,927
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypathan View Post
    Younis still looking the fittest among the touring party
    not surprised at all.
    his determination & passion has always been beyond 100% towards his country

  6. #6
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,927
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    With the squad finally arriving, I don't think I've ever felt so underwhelmed with a Pak touring team to England. Garbage team, garbage coach and CS.
    its always been like that i guess..
    except couple of bowler use to be good to look forward for ..
    but now ...

  7. #7
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    133,206
    Mentioned
    2570 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Few more pics of departure







    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  8. #8
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    133,206
    Mentioned
    2570 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Pakistan squad has arrived



    Last edited by MenInG; 28th June 2020 at 22:20.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  9. #9
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    43,139
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    .


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  10. #10
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    7,742
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    With the squad finally arriving, I don't think I've ever felt so underwhelmed with a Pak touring team to England. Garbage team, garbage coach and CS.
    What's with the negativity? I think we have a decent chance of coming out with the win.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    133,206
    Mentioned
    2570 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)


    Sign o' the times.... There was a time when arrival for tour used to be a fun occasion.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    133,206
    Mentioned
    2570 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)


    Arrival in Worcestershire.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  13. #13
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    43,139
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  14. #14
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    133,206
    Mentioned
    2570 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Players and coaching staff are keeping themselves active in Worcestershire.

    Name:  5aaaf150-c6a1-4647-9108-f2d4f23fbf7e.jpg
Views: 2397
Size:  98.2 KBName:  21049fc3-1147-423c-ba14-764c191ef2b0.jpg
Views: 2390
Size:  91.1 KBName:  6d99bb8f-54f5-4857-9981-74d605151836.jpg
Views: 2437
Size:  246.9 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  15. #15
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    2,684
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Players and coaching staff are keeping themselves active in Worcestershire.

    Name:  5aaaf150-c6a1-4647-9108-f2d4f23fbf7e.jpg
Views: 2397
Size:  98.2 KBName:  21049fc3-1147-423c-ba14-764c191ef2b0.jpg
Views: 2390
Size:  91.1 KBName:  6d99bb8f-54f5-4857-9981-74d605151836.jpg
Views: 2437
Size:  246.9 KB
    Aslong as they keep distance they should be allowed to do activities

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,362
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely they dont need to wear masks inside and especially when they are all together and negative?

  17. #17
    Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    1,275
    Mentioned
    574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omer2002 View Post
    Surely they dont need to wear masks inside and especially when they are all together and negative?
    Reports of the Tests(conducted by ECB) aren't out yet, i think they will be out by tomorrow after which i guess they can start outdoor training as well as they are currently staying around Worcester County Ground

  18. #18
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    133,206
    Mentioned
    2570 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Latest from PCB:

    1. National team's physio Cliff Deacon joins the squad in Worcestershire

    2. Left-handed spinner Zafar Gohar has also joined the squad

    3. Covid-19 tests for both Deacon and Gohar were conducted

    4. As per ECB directives, players can only train once Covid-19 tests are cleared

    5. Results of all members of squad are expected on Tuesday


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  19. #19
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    7,110
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would rather some of our test guys were still in Pakistan with Corona.
    All the odi guys, may need to be used in the tests if somebody tests positive closer to the time!
    God forbid Babar Shan Shaheen Naseem etc test positive in a couple of weeks?!
    Makes me anxious.
    It's better to have had it and gotten it out of the way


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  20. #20
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    133,206
    Mentioned
    2570 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)


    Director – Medical and Sports Sciences, Dr Sohail Saleem and Test Captain Azhar Ali briefing the team about the Covid-19 protocols and training plan in Worcestershire.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter


  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    15,072
    Mentioned
    2351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omer2002 View Post
    Surely they dont need to wear masks inside and especially when they are all together and negative?
    If you are positive - you really have the virus - there is a 30% chance that you test negative.

    So probably a couple of those players are positive. They need to distance so that it dies out before they spread it.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    43,139
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    15,072
    Mentioned
    2351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Firstly, thatís a great start.

    Secondly, it proves that the testing the PCB arranged was just fine.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    133,206
    Mentioned
    2570 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Update: Cliffe Deacon and Zafar Gohar covid test Negative. Both are allowed to join the training
    Last edited by MenInG; 30th June 2020 at 18:52.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  25. #25
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    133,206
    Mentioned
    2570 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Pictures courtesy of the PCB of Pakistan squad practicing in Worcester



    Last edited by MenInG; 30th June 2020 at 21:04.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  26. #26
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    133,206
    Mentioned
    2570 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Last edited by MenInG; 30th June 2020 at 21:01.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    9,634
    Mentioned
    882 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The training kit though.

    Looks really nice!

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Awesome pics dude! Best of luck to our boys.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    15,909
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We are playing without a sponsor. Pepsi deal has expired
    Last edited by shah_1; 30th June 2020 at 21:14.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,927
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post


    Sign o' the times.... There was a time when arrival for tour used to be a fun occasion.
    is it just me or azhar ali looks really unfit

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    5,174
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The cricket enthusiast View Post
    is it just me or azhar ali looks really unfit
    Just you

  32. #32
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    6,896
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know there's a while to go before the tour starts but I am excited already after seeing the training pics

  33. #33
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    43,139
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pics from training today.




    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    3,783
    Mentioned
    1221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shaheen is looking like a supreme athlete. Great pics overall.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    177
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is the shirt & kit sponsor for this series? What happened with Pepsi?

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,874
    Mentioned
    852 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One look at Naseem Shah and you can see something not ordinary. Management needs to safeguard him at all fronts.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    3,783
    Mentioned
    1221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rohail spending lots of time with YK. Good to see!

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    77,105
    Mentioned
    2012 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChTab View Post
    Who is the shirt & kit sponsor for this series? What happened with Pepsi?
    PCB is trying to sort out a deal ahead of the Test series. Let's see if theu can.



  39. #39
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    133,206
    Mentioned
    2570 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)


    Pakistan squad's practice on Wednesday.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  40. #40
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    250
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am impressed with the fitness levels of these cricketers. Also it is amazing to see that our coaching staff is World Class. This series is going to be exciting. I CANT WAIT!!!!!! Inshallah

  41. #41
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    250
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    PCB is trying to sort out a deal ahead of the Test series. Let's see if theu can.
    What would happen if they dont get a deal and have a shirt/ kit sponsor for this series? Will they lose money? What are the negatives?

  42. #42
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    250
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Rohail spending lots of time with YK. Good to see!
    Yeah its amazing to see when youngsters are getting guidance from Seniors/Legends.

    I hope Haider Ali recovers quickly and comes to England. Then it will be pleasing to see Haider get coached/mentored by Younis Khan bhai. That would be amazing to see.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    3,783
    Mentioned
    1221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFresh23 View Post
    Yeah its amazing to see when youngsters are getting guidance from Seniors/Legends.

    I hope Haider Ali recovers quickly and comes to England. Then it will be pleasing to see Haider get coached/mentored by Younis Khan bhai. That would be amazing to see.
    Yes likewise! I feel sorry for Haider.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    43,139
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pics from training today.




    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  45. #45
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    43,139
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Some more pics.




    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  46. #46
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    133,206
    Mentioned
    2570 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Pictures from 2nd session of the day


    Last edited by MenInG; 2nd July 2020 at 20:35.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  47. #47
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    2,684
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Yes likewise! I feel sorry for Haider.
    I dont feel sorry for him should have maintained social distancing

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    3,783
    Mentioned
    1221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    I dont feel sorry for him should have maintained social distancing
    I believe he was observing distancing but he went to the doctorsí for an extremely bad stomach ache. So I donít blame him as much as folks like Naseem Shaheen and Haris Rauf who were at each othersí houses.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    2,684
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    I believe he was observing distancing but he went to the doctors’ for an extremely bad stomach ache. So I don’t blame him as much as folks like Naseem Shaheen and Haris Rauf who were at each others’ houses.
    Is that what's being reported if he has catched it then the doctor is proberly giving it to alot more people.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    7,742
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Training pics are getting me hyped, but the series is still a month away

  51. #51
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,927
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Saj
    PCB should arrange few practice matches within themselves as there are 28 players or so if I'm not wrong..
    azhar can lead one & Babar the other one..
    with sarfraz keeping for azhar & rizwan for babar.
    Last edited by The cricket enthusiast; 3rd July 2020 at 15:27.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    43,139
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    .


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  53. #53
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    43,139
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Training session Day 4.




    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  54. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    7,424
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hope they dont break Babars back.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    3,823
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I remember watching the 'training' videos and pics and prior to the matches against Aus. These clowns then went and got mauled. Such a deflation from the pre-show hype.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    43,139
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Players improved fitness, skills surprises Misbah

    Pakistan cricket team’s head coach-cum-chief selector Misbah ul Haq was surprised by the fitness level and improved skills set of players despite such a lengthy lay-off due to coronavirus (COVID-19).

    The 46-year-old claimed that players were getting better with each training session.

    Talking to media via video link, Misbah said, “After a long time, all the players have come for practice. It is nice to see that the problems we were expecting have not happened even after such a long time,”

    He added: “Overall, the players are physically fit while their skills are better than we expected. After training, they seem to be getting better. There are great facilities here and the boys are getting ample time. Overall, I think everyone is recovering everything very quickly.”

    Revealing his plans for training for the England series, the former Pakistan captain said that they will play intra-squad game to get match-practice.

    “As far as the matches go, we will try to pair them up and give them time in the middle. Every player should get one session. Five bowlers should be assigned a set of 90 overs for a day. We will try to move forward by pitting the squad against each other by making two teams. We will try to play four-day cricket in a similar manner,” he said.

    As per the schedule of the series, the first Test will be played on August 5 in Manchester. Pakistan will play the remaining two games in Southampton, starting on August 13 and 21 respectively.

    Pakistan will also play three Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is) in Southampton on August 29, 31 and September 2.

    https://www.brecorder.com/news/40002...rprises-misbah


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  57. #57
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    43,139
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pictures from training session today.




    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  58. #58
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    43,139
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pictures from training session today.




    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  59. #59
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    133,206
    Mentioned
    2570 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Video images from today's training



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  60. #60
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    43,139
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pakistan squad's training and practice session underway at Worcester today




    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    5,174
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imad Wasim

  62. #62
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    8,364
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imad Wasim and Yasir Shah look Overweight

  63. #63
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    16,082
    Mentioned
    471 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imad seems to be satisfied by playing T20s and few leagues around. Not sure if he will last in ODI team for the next world cup considering his current lack of will to improve his fitness and become more athletic.

    Yasir also despite his struggles in recent times have paid no attention to his fitness, no wonder he cant slow down his run up to generate bit of flight. Previous management gave both of these too much leverage as well which has probably made them really complacent.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    133,206
    Mentioned
    2570 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Video of training from today



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    Imad Wasim and Yasir Shah look Overweight
    My lord is Imad Wasim pounding those aloo parathas. I would've thought athletes would've used this time to properly get fit during lock down.

    Terrible shape for both Imad and Yasir.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    7,424
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    Imad Wasim and Yasir Shah look Overweight
    Shadab khan should be prefered ahead of yasir.

    These two + sohail khan shouldnt have been selected. Their fitness looks ok for gully cricket and leagues. If sharjeel is not selected for his fitness then it should be the same for everyone.

    These two shouldnt be playing until they prove their fitness.

    Have they passed the yoyo test. Should be fair to everyone and strict in fitness only if they caan apply that criteria on everyone.
    Last edited by ask_analyse_act; 11th July 2020 at 02:21.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    Shadab khan should be prefered ahead of yasir.

    These two + sohail khan shouldnt have been selected. Their fitness looks ok for gully cricket and leagues. If sharjeel is not selected for his fitness then it should be the same for everyone.

    These two shouldnt be playing until they prove their fitness.

    Have they passed the yoyo test. Should be fair to everyone and strict in fitness only if they caan apply that criteria on everyone.
    This is why Mickey was good with these things in the players being fit.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    8,364
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    My lord is Imad Wasim pounding those aloo parathas. I would've thought athletes would've used this time to properly get fit during lock down.

    Terrible shape for both Imad and Yasir.
    Both needed to be booted out if they canít maintain their fitness..

  69. #69
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    8,364
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    Shadab khan should be prefered ahead of yasir.

    These two + sohail khan shouldnt have been selected. Their fitness looks ok for gully cricket and leagues. If sharjeel is not selected for his fitness then it should be the same for everyone.

    These two shouldnt be playing until they prove their fitness.

    Have they passed the yoyo test. Should be fair to everyone and strict in fitness only if they caan apply that criteria on everyone.
    Fitness is only selective as long as Misbah is in charge- if the favorites fail they still get selected whereas the ďbad
    boysĒ can put in all the hard work but still not get a chance as they should..

  70. #70
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    7,424
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    This is why Mickey was good with these things in the players being fit.
    Looks like Shadab and Faheem is preferred in the frontline bowling attack... that should be the way forward. Hope Misbah gets this right and sticks to it.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    7,424
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    Fitness is only selective as long as Misbah is in charge- if the favorites fail they still get selected whereas the “bad
    boys” can put in all the hard work but still not get a chance as they should..
    Well under Misbah once again mediocrity should be celebrated and be happy with it.

    Not expecting much from his side. Back to his olden days where 250 will be Pak’s 350 in ODIs
    Last edited by ask_analyse_act; 12th July 2020 at 21:26.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    43,139
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Asad Shafiq's comments on the PCB podcast.

    "We hadn't played competitive cricket since the last 3 months so we were missing it. There was a lot of excitement about returning to the nets.

    "Everyone is getting time to prepare. We all sit together and have discussions about the games and life too which didn't happen before. We just used to practice and then go to our rooms. But we get 2-3 periods where we can sit with eachother like after lunch and dinner or during tea break. This builds a good atmosphere of friendship in the team and everyone gets along with eachother. It's great for team building.

    "We have Younis bhai as batting coach and he speaks to us batsmen individually. After the practice match, he spoke to us all and did a review and discussed positives and also mistakes. This benefits everyone. The guys who batted well shared their thought process with each other.

    "When we started nets here, we knew it may be tough to start since we hadn't worked on our skills. After 2-3 days, everyone started coming in shape. The flow is much improved after those initial days. Among batsmen, Babar, Azhar Ali, Shan etc., are playing very well. The practice match also helped a lot.

    "The two warm-up matches in Derby will help us a lot as build up for the matches. Batting in the nets isn't quite the same thing though it does help."


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  73. #73
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    133,206
    Mentioned
    2570 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Pakistan players in a photoshoot ahead of the 3-match Test series

    Name:  4b569088-091a-4a47-9bff-c32da821020f.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  149.0 KBName:  59c8e0e0-08ed-4071-9767-cc636af4ace2.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  29.3 KBName:  7d08cedd-da23-439f-ace9-c86b534dd1fd.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  137.1 KBName:  f421a291-481f-49ec-a02a-d68fc4d76fd2.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  119.8 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    TX
    Runs
    630
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Loving the new white gear!

  75. #75
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    7,110
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have thought about this long and hard. We go "without" a spinner in the first game and play a 4th quick.
    The fourth quick needs to be able to keep it tight, and do donkey work which we hope will not be required because our top 3 will run amok.

    That 4th seamer after the warm ups is faheem Ashraf.
    Sohail khan can not do it and will need a new ball which we want to give to shaheen and Abbas.

    The 6th batter , I would go with shadab ( bat at 7) as nobody put their hand up properly anyway. It's a punt and hopefully it's one that comes into use on a day 5 wicket. Also shadab whenever he has battled in test cricket has done decent enough, and his batting has improved recently


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  76. #76
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    840
    Mentioned
    618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Fawad Alam in whites... HOT DAMN

  77. #77
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    15,072
    Mentioned
    2351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    I have thought about this long and hard. We go "without" a spinner in the first game and play a 4th quick.
    The fourth quick needs to be able to keep it tight, and do donkey work which we hope will not be required because our top 3 will run amok.

    That 4th seamer after the warm ups is faheem Ashraf.
    Sohail khan can not do it and will need a new ball which we want to give to shaheen and Abbas.

    The 6th batter , I would go with shadab ( bat at 7) as nobody put their hand up properly anyway. It's a punt and hopefully it's one that comes into use on a day 5 wicket. Also shadab whenever he has battled in test cricket has done decent enough, and his batting has improved recently
    The problem is that Misbah tends to go for 3 quicks, and to wear them out. And they bowl more overs but take fewer wickets because they can't bowl as fast.

    And you can't select four Number 11s.

    If Yasir Shah plays, the pace bowlers need to be Shaheen and Naseem, plus 2 who can bat (out of Faheem, Amir and Sohail).

    My preference would be to forget about Yasir Shah and instead play Shadab as a batsman plus Day 5 bowler, and then rotate:

    Number 8: Amir and Faheem rotating.
    Number 9: Abbas and Sohail rotating.
    Number 10: Shaheen
    Number 11: Naseem and Haris Rauf rotating.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,939
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    The problem is that Misbah tends to go for 3 quicks, and to wear them out. And they bowl more overs but take fewer wickets because they can't bowl as fast.

    And you can't select four Number 11s.

    If Yasir Shah plays, the pace bowlers need to be Shaheen and Naseem, plus 2 who can bat (out of Faheem, Amir and Sohail).

    My preference would be to forget about Yasir Shah and instead play Shadab as a batsman plus Day 5 bowler, and then rotate:

    Number 8: Amir and Faheem rotating.
    Number 9: Abbas and Sohail rotating.
    Number 10: Shaheen
    Number 11: Naseem and Haris Rauf rotating.
    You do know that Amir is retired from test cricket and not in the 20 man squad for the test series, right?

  79. #79
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    43,139
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    T20 players practice session in Derby

    Name:  5ef7e48f-b7df-48e0-a74e-7744465c84e5.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  414.9 KB

    Name:  0c455e2f-bc25-4dc4-acbe-b1e415e25823.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  422.3 KB

    Name:  7699b973-abcc-4b5e-ab3c-af7e55669253.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  439.0 KB

    Name:  b199eb85-def7-49e9-a6f9-13b55e66aa82.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  398.5 KB

    Name:  ca5ea398-97ae-4e3e-a5b5-f8ea0412bb14.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  368.3 KB

    Name:  cf7e95df-526e-4408-89ef-d45f3a28ecc1.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  176.2 KB

    Name:  08f5e33e-45d3-4630-9e10-e8134d11092a.jpg
Views: 2062
Size:  355.5 KB


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  80. #80
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    2,396
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Asad Shafiq's comments on the PCB podcast.

    "We hadn't played competitive cricket since the last 3 months so we were missing it. There was a lot of excitement about returning to the nets.

    "Everyone is getting time to prepare. We all sit together and have discussions about the games and life too which didn't happen before. We just used to practice and then go to our rooms. But we get 2-3 periods where we can sit with eachother like after lunch and dinner or during tea break. This builds a good atmosphere of friendship in the team and everyone gets along with eachother. It's great for team building.

    "We have Younis bhai as batting coach and he speaks to us batsmen individually. After the practice match, he spoke to us all and did a review and discussed positives and also mistakes. This benefits everyone. The guys who batted well shared their thought process with each other.

    "When we started nets here, we knew it may be tough to start since we hadn't worked on our skills. After 2-3 days, everyone started coming in shape. The flow is much improved after those initial days. Among batsmen, Babar, Azhar Ali, Shan etc., are playing very well. The practice match also helped a lot.

    "The two warm-up matches in Derby will help us a lot as build up for the matches. Batting in the nets isn't quite the same thing though it does help."
    Time for Asad to show some result from all this practise and preparation. Got a big innings to play.


    Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •