Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Obviously it's GF fault that he had a knife waved at his throat. A more responsible person would have kept quiet to protect a total nutcase.
    No, a more responsible person would have taken it to the top management of PCB back then. It was irresponsible not to take this serious issue (Based upon what we have been told) to higher authorities and then talking about it in a podcast 4 years later.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Grant Flower has sent a message to Younis Khan apologizing saying that it was never his intention to cause him any harm.
    I seriously dunno how to read this. True or irony? If the former, then wow!

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryin Out Loud View Post
    From the people who are suggesting Flower revealed the knife incident at the 'wrong time', I would ask- what's the right time? When it happened? After the tour? One year later? Or shouldn't he have revealed it at all?
    Its pretty obvious that right time would have been back in 2016 so that incident could have been inquired back then. That might have served some purpose and Younis would have been reprimanded if this actually happened in the same way as we have been told. Time which Grant chose to disclose this can only become headlines of news without serving any purpose to anyone.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Grant Flower has sent a message to Younis Khan apologizing saying that it was never his intention to cause him any harm.
    That is ridiculous. Unless Younis had a proper discussion with Grant after the incident where he accepted his mistake, put it down to the pressure he was under and profusely apologised for the physical violence Grant had to suffer in the workplace - following which Grant accepted the apology and agreed to move forward and end the matter there. In THAT scenario, it is wrong of Grant to suddenly bring this up years later.

HOWEVER knowing Younis’ ego, I highly doubt this happened, so Grant has done nothing wrong. Whether he says this after 1 day or 10 years is his choice. If Younis has a problem - don’t flipping put a knife to someone’s throat!! What a world we live in where he is being apologised to.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Its pretty obvious that right time would have been back in 2016 so that incident could have been inquired back then. That might have served some purpose and Younis would have been reprimanded if this actually happened in the same way as we have been told. Time which Grant chose to disclose this can only become headlines of news without serving any purpose to anyone.
    On the other hand if it had been raised back then then Grant would have been accused by a fair few of sabotaging the chances of the Pakistan team, of removing one of their best players. When Grant chooses to reveal it is the wrong debate because it blames the victim. YK forfeited all rights to a 'timed discourse' when he acted as he did.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Firstly I wasn't referring to you, and secondly I'm amazed you're calling Grant Flower "irresponsible" when the story is Younis Khan pulling a knife on him.

Prolonging the argument any further is useless. Grant Flower is not subject to an NDA. He is not under contract with PCB.

He is entitled to speak his mind freely and is under no obligation to do Pakistan cricket any favours. And again, I'm sure Grant Flower could've mentioned many more incidents from his time as batting coach, probably half a dozen stories about Umar Akmal alone.

My bad but, still lets not to call people clowns or other names just because they have a different opinions. Just my two cents which you can throw away if you want.

Coming to the incident. Let me make my self clear once again, if the incident took place as we have been told it was pathetic from Younis, I have not defended Younis here once but questioning Flower makes everyone believe that Younis is being supported.

I wouldnt have any issues if Flower would have dragged even Younis to court in 2016 based per current half side of the story tells us that Younis had personality issues (I guess we all knew to an extent) but nobody knew he would have held a knife to Grant’s throat. What purpose speaking that in a podcast served to him or anybody else for that matter? Thats my question.

Coming to telling stories about Umer Akmal and others which can deter there reputation, again Indont agree is with that. Coach is like a teacher, someone to whom players are very close to and they onow multiple things about everyone and obviously Grant also knows as he was coach for 5 years. In my opinion sharing such things when you were in a role where you are supposed to be trustworthy is unprofessional in my opinion and its not a right precedent to set.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think apology was needed from Grant, is he apologizing because he said what he said by mistake? As despite him not intending it was pretty obvious when you tell a player held a knife at your throat, it was gonna become headlines.

I hope Younis apologized again in reply as he should if he really held a knife to his throat.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Grant Flower’s approach to this incident is difficult to understand.

1) He should have raised the matter to PCB when it happened.

2) If the matter had been resolved one on one then he shouldn’t have opened the can of worms in the public now.

3) If the matter hasn’t been resolved yet and he’s still peeved about how he was treated, he shouldn’t be apologizing to YK.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryin Out Loud View Post
    On the other hand if it had been raised back then then Grant would have been accused by a fair few of sabotaging the chances of the Pakistan team, of removing one of their best players. When Grant chooses to reveal it is the wrong debate because it blames the victim. YK forfeited all rights to a 'timed discourse' when he acted as he did.
    Discipline comes before the chance of winning and a good coach should know that. Its poor management if you bow down in front of someone just because he is a legendary player. You dont want players putting knives at your throat every other day whenever they dont want to hear suggestions. Victim here was the batting coach who I would imagine is more powerful than any batsman and should have acted in a responsible manner by reporting it. Mickey Arther should have supported Flower and they should have acted accordingly.

As a batting coach he made a decision that no, Younis made a mistake and he realizes it so lets allow him to play. If he forgave him then no point then no point in bringing this up again. I am not blaming the victim, i am just questioning his decision to let Younis go away first and then talking about such serious incident in a podcast. Must have said it in a flow and probably wouldn't have realized it would become a huge news, I dont know.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    No, a more responsible person would have taken it to the top management of PCB back then. It was irresponsible not to take this serious issue (Based upon what we have been told) to higher authorities and then talking about it in a podcast 4 years later.
    But they would have lost their jobs because YK wasn't going anywhere. Remember the higher authority you are talking about is the PCB.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Discipline comes before the chance of winning and a good coach should know that. Its poor management if you bow down in front of someone just because he is a legendary player. You dont want players putting knives at your throat every other day whenever they dont want to hear suggestions. Victim here was the batting coach who I would imagine is more powerful than any batsman and should have acted in a responsible manner by reporting it. Mickey Arther should have supported Flower and they should have acted accordingly.

As a batting coach he made a decision that no, Younis made a mistake and he realizes it so lets allow him to play. If he forgave him then no point then no point in bringing this up again. I am not blaming the victim, i am just questioning his decision to let Younis go away first and then talking about such serious incident in a podcast. Must have said it in a flow and probably wouldn't have realized it would become a huge news, I dont know.
    You seem to be ignoring the fact that this is Pakistan cricket and the PCB. So the ideal world and reality goes out the window.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Grant Flower’s approach to this incident is difficult to understand.

1) He should have raised the matter to PCB when it happened.

2) If the matter had been resolved one on one then he shouldn’t have opened the can of worms in the public now.

3) If the matter hasn’t been resolved yet and he’s still peeved about how he was treated, he shouldn’t be apologizing to YK.
    1. In an ideal world yes.
    2. One on one. This is Younis Khan....
    3. Don't think he's peeved. Listen to the podcast.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I dont think apology was needed from Grant, is he apologizing because he said what he said by mistake? As despite him not intending it was pretty obvious when you tell a player held a knife at your throat, it was gonna become headlines.

I hope Younis apologized again in reply as he should if he really held a knife to his throat.
    I'll find out if Younis replied.

Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In light of this revelation, our batsmen better perform in England for their own safety.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Younis does have anger issues, he's overly emotional. That said I wonder Flower said, like he just called it "advice" but if it was taken as disrespectful or added with some expletives about female relatives then that's the reaction you would get from from non-western men.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2007 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    Younis does have anger issues, he's overly emotional. That said I wonder Flower said, like he just called it "advice" but if it was taken as disrespectful or added with some expletives about female relatives then that's the reaction you would get from from non-western men.
    The 'expletives' were about Younis Khan's footwork.

How dare Grant mention that dreaded word.....footwork.