Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predict the outcome of the England vs Pakistan Test Series

It is almost time!

An England vs Pakistan Test series awaits us.

The whole World will be watching this series.

I think Pakistan will clutch the series 2-1.

Babar and Shaheen will be crucial for our wins.

What do you all think?

Predict.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    3-0 Pakistan

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    maybe 1-1 or full series is drawn due to rain

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Poll added

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    2-1 Pakistan

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We have too many passengers in our team. 2-1 to England. If Babar, Naseem and Shaheen have an exceptional series, then it might flip in Pakistan's favor.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as a neutral indian fan my take is 2-1 to Eng or 1-1 with a rain affected draw....Sorry pak fans...i am basing this on pure ability, eng's superiority(albeit marginal as you have a fantastic pace attack as well)on their home soil and conditions , i also feel yassir (under rated) will be a factor in one test on a wearing wicket where your quicks will get it to reverse better than eng....
    All in all an exciting series beckons....hope to see a real display of skills...fed up of no action....bring on the red ball cricket that matters (with masks ...eh?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think England should win 2-1 because they are the home side. They drew with Aussies 2-2 at home.

If series was in Pakistan/UAE, Pakistan should've whitewashed England.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    With saliva ban we might win a test .2-1 to england

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no option for 2-0
    I am expecting one draw.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    England 2-1.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eng will most likely 3-0 clean sweep pak. But pak is always unpredictable vs eng and may win the 2nd test out of the blue

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Venue
    Great Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    2-1 England

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England 2-1

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    We have too many passengers in our team. 2-1 to England. If Babar, Naseem and Shaheen have an exceptional series, then it might flip in Pakistan's favor.
    Gotta expect shaheen to blow over the top 3 if we win the toss have to bowl first unless it's a belter.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2-2

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never ever go against my side...
    Simple.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    One or 2 good scores from the Pakistan top order could do the job for the visitors so lets not write off Azhar Ali and men.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    2-1 to England

We may receive a couple of phaintas but I expect a matchwinning 10fer from one of our youngsta beauties

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    3-0 England

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

"I am confident we have the players to not only compete but also win the series" : Mushtaq Ahmed

Former Test wrist spinner Mushtaq Ahmed, who is the spin bowling coach and team mentor for the England tour, is content with the Pakistan men’s national cricket team’s ongoing preparations and believes that players will need to inspire each other in the absence of spectators to bring out best results.

“This tour is being played in extraordinary circumstances,” Mushtaq said, “There are no spectators, there are hardly any journalists either to analyse the teams or the game. Players need to inspire each other, back each other and support each other to the hilt.

“I am happy with the start we have made; we are getting accustomed to the environment and conditions and still have a long time to go before the start of the series.”

Pakistan are currently quarantining in a bio-secure environment at the Worcester’s New Road Ground, where they have been preparing for the three-match Test series against England, which commences on 5 August.

During the quarantine period, the players are undergoing fitness training, net practice, fielding sessions and intra-squad matches under the supervision of a high-profile coaching staff led by head coach Misbah-ul-Haq.

Bowling coach Waqar Younis and batting coach Younis Khan are working hard on the players in their respective domains while the reins of spin bowling coaching are in the hands Mushtaq.

The 50-year-old Mushtaq has worked around the world with leading international teams and T20 franchises in a coaching/mentor capacity while he was also a part of the team management during the absorbing 2016 series in England, which Pakistan drew 2-2 under Misbah’s captaincy.

Mushtaq has rich experience of bowling in English conditions. He toured twice with Pakistan’s Test squad in 1992 and 1996 and bowled some match winning spells especially in the three-match 1996 series that Pakistan won 2-0.

In eight Tests in England, Mushtaq collected 32 wickets at 28.81; the 1996 series remained one of the highlights of Mushtaq’s 14-year-long international career span. He took 17 wickets in the series and was named Pakistan’s man-of-the-series, Pakistan’s wins at Lord’s and Oval were largely due to Mushtaq’s match winning spells in the second innings on the final days of both Tests.

He took five wickets for 57 runs in 38 incisive overs at Lord’s before claiming six for 78 on the fifth and final day at Oval in a 37-over spell. He was named man-of-the-match in the Oval Test.

Mushtaq also enjoyed stunning success with his county Sussex leading them to three county titles in a five-year span starting from 2003; Mushtaq took 103 wickets in 2003, 102 in 2006 and 90 in the 2007 season. Sussex were crowned county champions in these three seasons.

Mushtaq fully understands his role with the national men’s team this time around and the unique circumstances have not deterred him as he is as focused as ever.

“Despite the Covid-19 related challenges, the players have been exceptional so far,” he said. “We are trying to make them familiar with the protocols and they have responded wonderfully well. Players are coping with the new regulations with regards to shining the ball as well.

“Historically, spinners have used saliva to shine the ball now they are being taught new methods in lieu of the revised ICC rules and regulations.

“What makes me really happy is that the players and support staff are working together on team goals and objectives and I am sure in due course the players will be fully aware and ready for the new challenges as we prepare for what is expected to be a tough series against a strong English team in their own backyard.

“I am confident we have the players that can not only compete but also win the series.”

Name:  0e900c34-9a9d-4759-ac5f-79bcf34db607.jpg
Views: 15306
Size:  353.8 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 10th July 2020 at 12:38.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

Former Test wrist spinner Mushtaq Ahmed, who is the spin bowling coach and team mentor for the England tour, is content with the Pakistan men’s national cricket team’s ongoing preparations and believes that players will need to inspire each other in the absence of spectators to bring out best results.

“This tour is being played in extraordinary circumstances,” Mushtaq said, “There are no spectators, there are hardly any journalists either to analyse the teams or the game. Players need to inspire each other, back each other and support each other to the hilt.

“I am happy with the start we have made; we are getting accustomed to the environment and conditions and still have a long time to go before the start of the series.”

Pakistan are currently quarantining in a bio-secure environment at the Worcester’s New Road Ground, where they have been preparing for the three-match Test series against England, which commences on 5 August.

During the quarantine period, the players are undergoing fitness training, net practice, fielding sessions and intra-squad matches under the supervision of a high-profile coaching staff led by head coach Misbah-ul-Haq.

Bowling coach Waqar Younis and batting coach Younis Khan are working hard on the players in their respective domains while the reins of spin bowling coaching are in the hands Mushtaq.

The 50-year-old Mushtaq has worked around the world with leading international teams and T20 franchises in a coaching/mentor capacity while he was also a part of the team management during the absorbing 2016 series in England, which Pakistan drew 2-2 under Misbah’s captaincy.

Mushtaq has rich experience of bowling in English conditions. He toured twice with Pakistan’s Test squad in 1992 and 1996 and bowled some match winning spells especially in the three-match 1996 series that Pakistan won 2-0.

In eight Tests in England, Mushtaq collected 32 wickets at 28.81; the 1996 series remained one of the highlights of Mushtaq’s 14-year-long international career span. He took 17 wickets in the series and was named Pakistan’s man-of-the-series, Pakistan’s wins at Lord’s and Oval were largely due to Mushtaq’s match winning spells in the second innings on the final days of both Tests.

He took five wickets for 57 runs in 38 incisive overs at Lord’s before claiming six for 78 on the fifth and final day at Oval in a 37-over spell. He was named man-of-the-match in the Oval Test.

Mushtaq also enjoyed stunning success with his county Sussex leading them to three county titles in a five-year span starting from 2003; Mushtaq took 103 wickets in 2003, 102 in 2006 and 90 in the 2007 season. Sussex were crowned county champions in these three seasons.

Mushtaq fully understands his role with the national men’s team this time around and the unique circumstances have not deterred him as he is as focused as ever.

“Despite the Covid-19 related challenges, the players have been exceptional so far,” he said. “We are trying to make them familiar with the protocols and they have responded wonderfully well. Players are coping with the new regulations with regards to shining the ball as well.

“Historically, spinners have used saliva to shine the ball now they are being taught new methods in lieu of the revised ICC rules and regulations.

“What makes me really happy is that the players and support staff are working together on team goals and objectives and I am sure in due course the players will be fully aware and ready for the new challenges as we prepare for what is expected to be a tough series against a strong English team in their own backyard.

“I am confident we have the players that can not only compete but also win the series.”

Name:  0e900c34-9a9d-4759-ac5f-79bcf34db607.jpg
Views: 15306
Size:  353.8 KB
    Flipping hell they look fit and healthy

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What has happened to Imad?

Damn..

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    So, here we go (5th August it starts!) - any changes to your predictions?

Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2-1 in favor of Pakistan

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    England are clearly the better team in every regard; batting, bowling, fielding - and by significant margins. I expect them to easily win at least 2 matches, perhaps by innings+ margins.

That said, Pakistan have some great individual talent, namely Babar, Shaheen and Naseem. If 1 or 2 of them can have a big performance, Pakistan have the potential to squeeze out a win.

In short, I expect a rerun of the WI series

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    England are clearly the better team in every regard; batting, bowling, fielding - and by significant margins. I expect them to easily win at least 2 matches, perhaps by innings+ margins.

That said, Pakistan have some great individual talent, namely Babar, Shaheen and Naseem. If 1 or 2 of them can have a big performance, Pakistan have the potential to squeeze out a win.

Michael Vaughan states that pakistan will be tougher for england than west indies he also stated if england are 140 for 4 would Pakistan let them get a big score he stated am not so sure

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post

Batting dont think so it's on par.bowling yes due to experience and defo england better in fielding.

Did you listen or see what Michael Vaughan said about pakistan team ?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Pakistan need to win the 1st Test or atleast draw it.

If they lose the first, they can easily lose the series by a 3-0 margin

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed all depends on first test

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or they can comeback to win 2-1.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pakistan will win 2-1. England are playing too early without propert recuperation.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The days we bat need to be sunny and the other days where we bowl it needs to be overcast. ( Though it may mean we drop some catches)

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England 2-1, England's competitive series against the Windies will hold them in good stead.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    Or they can comeback to win 2-1.
    Dont think they will come back but if they win the first 1 then they can win the series 2-1
    Last edited by The Viper; 31st July 2020 at 04:49.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    2-1 to England,

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping Babar leads the charge and brings it home at 3-0. In reality, there's too many liabilities in this team so could be the opposite or 2-0 if rain comes to the rescue in one of the test matches.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I’ve gone for 3-0 England.

I sincerely hope am proven wrong

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Unless it rains for most part of last two days, all three Test will end in direct W/L. Honestly speaking, in that case, I donít see how PAK can save 3-0; if they can itíll be praise worthy.

This WIN series has helped England to finalise their playing XI, therefore PAK will face the possible strongest Pom XI. Besides, from the edge of being dropped, Butler has saved his Test career and heíll torture PAK. PAK has been robbed by attacking batsmen over the years because these batsmen keep slashing PAK pacers (who doesnít know how to bowl negative line-length) and fielders keep dropping them. Sehwag, Sanath, Warner, Gilchrist, Symonds, .... I am afraid this Butler guy will do considerable damage with the tail. Up front Burns, Pope, Stokes are in fantastic form, Root can join them - suddenly England batting is looking quite strong.

In terms of bowling, finally England has got their combination right - and all three seemers have better stats against PAK than their career average; in UK itís even better. While, Archer wasnít that successful against WIN, but heíll trouble PAK batting lot with his lifter. PAKís catching has been better in recent days with Asad being a very safe hand at slips; but still England has better cordon; PAKís only advantage is that both WKs are much better gloves man than Butler.

In terms of captaincy, Root is a massive improvement over Azhar.

In all four aspects, England is well ahead & they are the hosts.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-0. England.

Hope they send those two shameless leeches into retirement.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Unless it rains for most part of last two days, all three Test will end in direct W/L. Honestly speaking, in that case, I donít see how PAK can save 3-0; if they can itíll be praise worthy.

This WIN series has helped England to finalise their playing XI, therefore PAK will face the possible strongest Pom XI. Besides, from the edge of being dropped, Butler has saved his Test career and heíll torture PAK. PAK has been robbed by attacking batsmen over the years because these batsmen keep slashing PAK pacers (who doesnít know how to bowl negative line-length) and fielders keep dropping them. Sehwag, Sanath, Warner, Gilchrist, Symonds, .... I am afraid this Butler guy will do considerable damage with the tail. Up front Burns, Pope, Stokes are in fantastic form, Root can join them - suddenly England batting is looking quite strong.

In terms of bowling, finally England has got their combination right - and all three seemers have better stats against PAK than their career average; in UK itís even better. While, Archer wasnít that successful against WIN, but heíll trouble PAK batting lot with his lifter. PAKís catching has been better in recent days with Asad being a very safe hand at slips; but still England has better cordon; PAKís only advantage is that both WKs are much better gloves man than Butler.

In terms of captaincy, Root is a massive improvement over Azhar.

In all four aspects, England is well ahead & they are the hosts.
    England have failed to whitewash any of the top 8 at home in their most recent home series against any of the top 8.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    England have failed to whitewash any of the top 8 at home in their most recent home series against any of the top 8.
    That makes it really challenging for PAK - they simply canít get white washed by England. It will be quite shameful for PAK & PakPassion if it happens and this series is played in second half of summer with the English team not playing regular County game - absolutely no excuses.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    2-1 England is my prediction.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That makes it really challenging for PAK - they simply canít get white washed by England. It will be quite shameful for PAK & PakPassion if it happens and this series is played in second half of summer with the English team not playing regular County game - absolutely no excuses.
    Same applies to both teams, pakistan have not played any competitive cricket for a while.

England are a strong side at home in general, only a few years back they blitzed India 4-1 here.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manunited18 View Post
    Same applies to both teams, pakistan have not played any competitive cricket for a while.

England are a strong side at home in general, only a few years back they blitzed India 4-1 here.
    Actually itís not similar. Every other years, travelling teams go to UK after their season (Oct-April, domestic cricket in norther hemisphere summer is played only in UK and Srilanka), while English players play first Test after two months into their domestic season starting from April. This year, England is very similar to both touring sides, or may be three Tests more acclimatised than PAK.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I am sure that the only match pakistan can win is the first one,If they lose the first one they will get whitewashed.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowlers win you test matches even when batsman don't score well,seeing Pak pace attack which doesn't have experience and experience is the key because of stuff like playing international cricket after 4 or 5 moths,in such situations experience holds the key which Pak don't have in their bowling, a 2-1 to England

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    1-1
    I expect rain to ruin one test.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    1-1
    I'd take that anyday of the week

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geil View Post
    Bowlers win you test matches even when batsman don't score well,seeing Pak pace attack which doesn't have experience and experience is the key because of stuff like playing international cricket after 4 or 5 moths,in such situations experience holds the key which Pak don't have in their bowling, a 2-1 to England
    Abbas and yasir ?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    I am sure that the only match pakistan can win is the first one,If they lose the first one they will get whitewashed.
    Agreed

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manunited18 View Post

That's a few years back they ain't that strong if anyone team can get 300 england will struggle

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 to 1 to England due to their superior bowling for home conditions and better all round and tail end batting. Also England go into the series having played 3 tests and ODIs, in good rhythm.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whole batting unit is pathetic apart from Babar and Rizwan to an extent and bowlers (shaheen and Naseem) will do well Yasir is awful and Abbas won't be effective with his 125ks.All in all I really hope they don't lose 3-0. I would be happy with either 2-0 or 2-1.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Abbas and yasir ?
    Abbas is still isn't experienced enough IMO to be a bankable or spearhead of this current PAK pace attack, Yasir a leg spinner winning you the series in England? I dont think so, it is the pace attack that will win you the series in England and not Yasir or a spinner,

a 3-0 loss to pak will be a very poor and pathetic performance, a 2-1 loss will be a competitive & sufficient, a 1-1 draw very good and 2-1 win will be brilliant and excellent performance by Pak

I predict PAK to be competitive and loss the series by 2-1

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    I'd take that anyday of the week
    Maybe if we get a NR/draw for all three tests due to rain could be a great result for us.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. In fact, the last time England whitewashed a team at home was in 2011 when they beat India 4-0. They also beat NZ 2-0 in 2013 but I don't consider 2 match series a white wash.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Maybe if we get a NR/draw for all three tests due to rain could be a great result for us.
    Lol

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geil View Post
    Abbas is still isn't experienced enough IMO to be a bankable or spearhead of this current PAK pace attack, Yasir a leg spinner winning you the series in England? I dont think so, it is the pace attack that will win you the series in England and not Yasir or a spinner,

a 3-0 loss to pak will be a very poor and pathetic performance, a 2-1 loss will be a competitive & sufficient, a 1-1 draw very good and 2-1 win will be brilliant and excellent performance by Pak

I predict PAK to be competitive and loss the series by 2-1
    He won us games in England before and he has the experience.maybe thatd a good thing they ain't got experience bexouse they will be known quality and if they take them lightly that could effect them.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Squad's bonded well so I am expecting a tough series - and if we can win the first match then we could easily hold our own for the rest of the series.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    So Pak batting first - what are the chance of victory?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    So Pak batting first - what are the chance of victory?
    Very good - batsmen have to add around 250 with this Day 1 score to ensure that. PAK already is in driving seat but that lower half can spoil it tomorrow morning.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    1-1
    We have a hot August coming up. The outfields might actually turn into deserts.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pakistan can be whitewashed if we lose the first Test vs England

I believe we will be mentally really down and won't be able to get back up if we squander today.

I hope boys are up for it as the fate of rest of the next two games hang on today/tommorow result.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are your expectations from this Pakistan team in the next two Tests?

For me, these kind of defeats take a toll and I have totally lost any hope and expectation from this current team. What is the current state of the rest of fans in this forum? Will you all watch the remaining matches with same passion? For me, I will try my best to ignore and keep myself busy in other works although it is extremely hard :p.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will get clobbered.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-0 England.. they just won the losing test. Next games their confidence ll b 200%

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    GanGsta Land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With azhar ali as captain expecting great things for english team.

I am going to name my son "Intikhab Alam" so that he will never lose his job.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    A 3-0 type result is a real possibility now!

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to put this behind us. Can we get out with a 1-1?
    If we win the series it will be one of the great achievement ever for Pak cricket, as it will mean that we pretty much had to white wash England.

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stil think Pakistan Pakistan can win 1 game atleast

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    Need to put this behind us. Can we get out with a 1-1?
    If we win the series it will be one of the great achievement ever for Pak cricket, as it will mean that we pretty much had to white wash England.
    I think all three games will have result 4 days is enough in English conditions