Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

'Made in Pakistan': First batch of ventilators handed over to NDMA

Pakistan producing own ventilators as cases rises

Pakistan’s minister for science and technology says the country has started producing locally designed ventilators, as authorities reported 83 more deaths from the coronavirus.

In a tweet, Fawad Chaudhry said the first home-made ventilators will be handed over to the national disaster management agency soon. The announcement comes days after Pakistan said it was racing against time to arrange for 1,500 more ventilators as part of a contingency plan.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Pakistan producing own ventilators as cases rises

Pakistan’s minister for science and technology says the country has started producing locally designed ventilators, as authorities reported 83 more deaths from the coronavirus.

In a tweet, Fawad Chaudhry said the first home-made ventilators will be handed over to the national disaster management agency soon. The announcement comes days after Pakistan said it was racing against time to arrange for 1,500 more ventilators as part of a contingency plan.
    Well done to the govt and to Fawad CH. Good sustainable initiatives.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NDMA to be handed first batch of locally manufactured ventilators this week: Fawad

ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Science and Technology Fawad Chaudhry announced on Sunday that the first batch of locally manufactured ventilators will be handed over to the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) this week.

“The first tranche of ventilators made in Pakistan will be handed over to the NDMA this week,” the minister tweeted while congratulating the NRTC on the achievement.

Chaudhry also shared that three more ventilator designs were in the last phase of development.

"After approval, Pakistan will be among those countries which will be able to manufacture complex medical equipment," the minister said, adding that all these machines will be up to par with the standards followed by the European Union.

Earlier this month, the Ministry of Science and Technology and Ministry of Health signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) regarding the indigenous development of Electro Medical devices.

The ceremony was held at the National Command and Operation Center (NCC) Islamabad. Chaudhry, Special Assistant to Prime Minister on National Health Services Dr Zafar Mirza and Chairman Pakistan Engineering Council and Chief Executive Officer Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan (DRAP) attended the event.

Electro-medical devices are being regulated by DRAP and 15 ventilators were in various phases of trials at the time. Machine trials of four ventilators by the Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) were expected to be completed as well.

Speaking on the occasion, Chaudhry had said that Pakistan is in a position to export personal protective equipment.

Noting that currently export orders worth $10 million are pending, the minister said that his ministry will also enhance cooperation with local surgical goods manufacturing companies.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/295250-ndm...his-week-fawad

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Domestically produced ventilators to be handed over to NDMA by Friday, NA told

The National Assembly was informed that the first consignment of domestically produced ventilators will be handed over to the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) by Friday, according to Radio Pakistan.

Minister for Science and Technology Fawad Chaudhry said that ventilators and personal protective equipment produced in Pakistan was cheaper than equipment that had to be imported.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Science and Technology Fawad Chaudhry on Wednesday said Pakistan is exporting COVID-19 equipment worth $100 million, and after the local production of ventilators, the figure will rise further.

Addressing a press conference in Islamabad, he said a training group of 300 engineers would be formed to teach people how to operate the ventilators, whose production is expected to be complete within 60 days.

"The prime minister will hand over the [first tranche of] ventilators to the National Disaster Management Authority while returning from Lahore," the science minister said.

Chaudhry also revealed that two coronavirus testing kits had been designed and sent to the Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan, of which one claims to provide results within 45 minutes.

“The testing kit, if approved, will available for home use,” he said, adding: “All of our indigenous products are of international standards, while those which were imported had quality issues."

Meanwhile, the COVID-19 testing kit developed by the National University of Science and Technology has been approved, he said.

Chaudhry said that on February 26, the first coronavirus case was detected, and on March 5 the country faced a shortage of hand sanitisers. "That was the point where we decide to embark on this journey."

"We brought onboard defence production institutions, Pakistan Engineering Council, NUST, COMSATS University, and several other varsities to initiate the production of Personal Protective Equipment and medical equipment," said the science minister.

He also said that Pakistan had started the production of N-95 masks and that a special economic zone would be set up for the medical industry.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/295823-pak...th-100mn-fawad

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Science and Technology Fawad Chaudhry on Wednesday said Pakistan is exporting COVID-19 equipment worth $100 million, and after the local production of ventilators, the figure will rise further.

Addressing a press conference in Islamabad, he said a training group of 300 engineers would be formed to teach people how to operate the ventilators, whose production is expected to be complete within 60 days.

"The prime minister will hand over the [first tranche of] ventilators to the National Disaster Management Authority while returning from Lahore," the science minister said.

Chaudhry also revealed that two coronavirus testing kits had been designed and sent to the Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan, of which one claims to provide results within 45 minutes.

“The testing kit, if approved, will available for home use,” he said, adding: “All of our indigenous products are of international standards, while those which were imported had quality issues."

Meanwhile, the COVID-19 testing kit developed by the National University of Science and Technology has been approved, he said.

Chaudhry said that on February 26, the first coronavirus case was detected, and on March 5 the country faced a shortage of hand sanitisers. "That was the point where we decide to embark on this journey."

"We brought onboard defence production institutions, Pakistan Engineering Council, NUST, COMSATS University, and several other varsities to initiate the production of Personal Protective Equipment and medical equipment," said the science minister.

He also said that Pakistan had started the production of N-95 masks and that a special economic zone would be set up for the medical industry.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/295823-pak...th-100mn-fawad
    Frankly its too good to believe in but I will take it even if its 50%.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    batch*

He means batch not badge

Sua cuique voluptas.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    West Ridings
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ventilators are not great in the recovery process. C-pap have proven to be most effective

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    so the first post stated we require 1500 ventilators, did we make 1500

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6648 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Imagine you or your loved one is fighting for his/her life and you have to put your faith in a Pakistani ventilator.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Imagine you or your loved one is fighting for his/her life and you have to put your faith in a Pakistani ventilator.
    You know what's worse than that?

Putting your faith in a doctor like you

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Let's say I am fighting for my life and I am brought to you as you are a pakistani doctor, should my loved ones be worried?

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done.

Every country should try to produce own equipment (if possible).

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about putting faith in a doctor like you? I would rather be left untreated.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Guys it's ok.... take it easy now

Enough embarrassment for doctor sahab, he hasn't had the cajones to return. We don't want to scare him away from the forum now do we

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent news. Most of our patients are on BIPAP and are doing well. Just one patient was on vent and prognosis with vent is not good.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Medical engineering industry could save Pakistan $1bn in imports, claims Fawad

The commencement of medical engineering industry in Pakistan, would help the country save $1 billion in imports in three years, said Federal Minister for Science and Technology Chaudhry Fawad Hussain.

In a video statement, the federal minister said that in five years Pakistan would attain self-sufficiency in manufacturing its own medical equipment. The statement comes after Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday inaugurated the facility of country’s first-ever indigenously made ventilators at National Radio and Telecommunication Corporation (NRTC) in Haripur.

The locally manufacturing of portable ventilators named ‘SafeVent SP100’, having the FDA/CE approval as an economical and reliable ventilator in terms of usage and safety.

Meanwhile, Fawad revealed that Pakistan imports medical equipment worth $2.1 billion each year, “we also do a $1bn service agreement with companies for operating this equipment.”

Earlier, Fawad Chaudhry on Sunday said Pakistan will have its own "big medical/electromagnetic industry" in the next three years and the United States will be its client.

"We are already exporting sanitizers and PPEs (Personal Protection Equipments) to USA (United States of America), USA gesture of friendship is appreciated, however in next three years Pakistan will have its own big medical/ electromagnetic industry and I have no doubts that USA will be our major client..." he said in a tweet.

https://www.brecorder.com/news/40003...s-claims-fawad

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6648 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    You know what's worse than that?

Putting your faith in a doctor like you
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Let's say I am fighting for my life and I am brought to you as you are a pakistani doctor, should my loved ones be worried?
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Misbah View Post
    What about putting faith in a doctor like you? I would rather be left untreated.
    Pakistani doctors are among the best in the world because we have a lot of hands-on experience and are always prepared for unconventional circumstances. Unfortunately, same cannot be said about the quality of our manufacturing.

I would trust my life with a Pakistani doctor as long as he has graduated from a public medical college. However, I would be praying hard if I ever have to put myself or a loved one on a made in Pakistan ventilator.

I wouldn’t look twice at a Pakistani made drinking glass let alone a ventilator.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistani doctors are among the best in the world because we have a lot of hands-on experience and are always prepared for unconventional circumstances. Unfortunately, same cannot be said about the quality of our manufacturing.

I would trust my life with a Pakistani doctor as long as he has graduated from a public medical college. However, I would be praying hard if I ever have to put myself or a loved one on a made in Pakistan ventilator.

I wouldn’t look twice at a Pakistani made drinking glass let alone a ventilator.
    Lovely classy response as always to all the Pakistani doctors out there

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So whats wrong with these ventilators? Or known faults with the company which makes them

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6648 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy7 View Post
    So whats wrong with these ventilators? Or known faults with the company which makes them
    Well they are made by Pakistanis so something must be wrong with them. That itself is the biggest fault.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well they are made by Pakistanis so something must be wrong with them. That itself is the biggest fault.
    Going by that logic...you are a made in Pakistan doctor..
    So something must be wrong with you then too right?

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are underestimating.
    Surgical instruments, ranging from scisors to scopes, made in Sialkot go to every corner of the globe.
    Many Pakistanis work in Medical-Engineering Dept of multinational firms. Capabilities are there, just need to provide them platforms.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    You are underestimating.
    Surgical instruments, ranging from scisors to scopes, made in Sialkot go to every corner of the globe.
    Many Pakistanis work in Medical-Engineering Dept of multinational firms. Capabilities are there, just need to provide them platforms.
    To do that you need to believe in Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To do that you need to believe in Pakistan.
    A big percentage of Nike, Adidas, Puma products are manufactured "completely" in Sialkot (Even the Tags).

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are just anti Pakistani. I know someone who provides a western healthcare system medical devices. Those medical devices are made in Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    that doesnt make sense, made by pakistanis so it cant be good, but pakistani doctors are good.

At least give a decent go- i let you answer it again, the same question - So whats wrong with these ventilators? Or known faults with the company which makes them???

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy7 View Post
    that doesnt make sense, made by pakistanis so it cant be good, but pakistani doctors are good.

At least give a decent go- i let you answer it again, the same question - So whats wrong with these ventilators? Or known faults with the company which makes them???
    I assume he is referring to being educated abroad.

However he is clueless as usual about his own nation.

Optical, technical, medical apparatus were worth $421 million in exports from Pakistan. So people who buy these , putting their money where their mouth is dont agree.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Billions of export by Pakistan won't be exported if everything made by Pakistani must be having something wrong with it.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did I miss? What did mamoon do now?

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong with this ventilator, its a very good development. it might not be as sophisticated as some others foreign made vents but even that is not a disadvantage, simple one is easy to run . The most important factor in outcome of a patient on ventilator is the monitoring of all kind of pressures and analysis of blood gases . Even a very well trained and knowledgeable doctor cannot produce the result if the he/she does not have sporting staff, most importantly respiratory therapists.

Ventilator is like a complicated car. If the driver knows how to drive, he/she will take you to the destination, if drivers does not how to drive, can cause problem. This is the main reason behind different outcome of the patients on ventilator in USA and Pakistan.

My team and I from USA have been working with ICU doctors from Karachi to Peshawar and will be discussing cases with ICU doctors from LRH Peshawar in coming Saturday. Trained respiratory therapists are only available in Karachi and some in Peshawar. So not just ventilators, but training of sporting staff to run and monitor patients on vent is even more important. Hope that will be done too.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the peak of pandemic cases in New Jersey and New York, when very large number of ventilators were needed, we used ventilators sent from US national stockpile. Those were very simple and not very sophisticated, but we used them with good effect. These Pakistani ventilators look better than those vents, so should be a very welcome addition to the ICUs in Pakistan.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    Terrestrial
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is commendable, and should get a lot of credit. Positive news!

Let's hope the institution does not rot with time, as has happened with almost all our industries.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I assume he is referring to being educated abroad.

However he is clueless as usual about his own nation.

Optical, technical, medical apparatus were worth $421 million in exports from Pakistan. So people who buy these , putting their money where their mouth is dont agree.
    Still doesn't make any sense he clearly stated that Pakistani are dumb, if he did mean the overseas are clever- aint majority of educated abroad pakistani just people who are born in that foreign country - hence they wont be classed as pakistani - but that foreign country/pakistani , like you and me are british / pakistani

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a chat with my ICU docs friends in Pakistan about this ventilators, here are their observation.

its a low cost emergency ventilator and very useful

Was built during the lockdown when not many tools were available.

Passed 12 hour endurance test performed at Down University Hospital.

Will be making ongoing improvement to make it a very sophisticated one .

Now two international collaborations have been signed to improve the quality and the numbers.

Until now , not even a basic respiratory equipment was made in Pakistan, all imported, now doors are open to make in Pakistan.

Not too many countries in the world make ventilators, this is a commendable achievement , will save a large number of lives.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Had a chat with my ICU docs friends in Pakistan about this ventilators, here are their observation.

Now two international collaborations have been signed to improve the quality and the numbers.

Until now , not even a basic respiratory equipment was made in Pakistan, all imported, now doors are open to make in Pakistan.

Not too many countries in the world make ventilators, this is a commendable achievement , will save a large number of lives.
    Thank you for some knowledge-based and legitimate feedback. It was sorely missing in this thread.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post

mamoon please report, u stated it was pathetic - we have a report, and ive asked your opinion again , as your first reply was pathetic,

i have a feeling you have done a runner like in the billion tree project thread

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    so no mamoon- typical.

so has anyone seen this ventilator doing its work? any slight problems / future improvements

TGK 237.1 owner