Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 64 of 64
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,586
    Mentioned
    2804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

    Sri Lanka to host rescheduled Asia Cup in 2021 & Pakistan to host in 2022

    The Executive Board of the ACC has met on multiple occasions to evaluate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Asia Cup tournament scheduled in September 2020.

    From the onset the Board was keen on organising the tournament as per the original schedule. However, travel restrictions, country-specific quarantine requirements, threat to fundamental health and social distancing mandates have posed as substantial challenges to the holding of the Asia Cup. Above all, the risks related to health and safety of participating players, support staff, commercial partners, fans and the cricketing community were deemed to be significant.

    Accordingly, the Board, after careful consideration of all the above factors, has determined that the Asia Cup 2020 be postponed. Conducting the event in a responsible manner remains the priority of the ACC and the Board is hopeful that the tournament will be held in 2021. The ACC is currently working towards securing June 2021 as a suitable window for the same.

    It may also be noted that the hosts for the Asia Cup 2020, Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), has exchanged hosting rights for the tournament with Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC). Through this arrangement, The SLC will now host the rescheduled Asia Cup expected in June 2021 while the PCB will host the Asia Cup 2022.
    Last edited by Saj; 9th July 2020 at 18:55.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    2,264
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like Ganguly was right. Did he had some inside information or ACC forced to release this statement after Ganguly made it public yesterday?

  3. #3
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    21,086
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Ganguly was wrong as its not cancelled rather postponed.

    Not very responsible to give such statements in my opinion without having the complete picture.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    81,937
    Mentioned
    2158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    So Ganguly was wrong as its not cancelled rather postponed.

    Not very responsible to give such statements in my opinion without having the complete picture.
    Ganguly was more right than the PCB.



  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    1,443
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many multilateral tournaments are we gonna have in next 3 years? Atleast a couple of Asia Cups & T20I World Cups & a 50 over WC and BCCI's proposed quadrilateral series, this looks like complete mess.

    ICC & Boards need to get this **** together, having a WC literally every year makes no sense

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    21,086
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Ganguly was more right than the PCB.
    As per PCB's media director Samiul Hasan Burney:

    “As far as I am concerned ACC management is working on Asia Cup 2020. They are also exploring other options if the tournament cannot be hosted on scheduled time,”

    I would say he was right as the tournament has been schedule for a later date next year.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    19,080
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    During monsoon next year.

    Great plan.


  8. #8
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,586
    Mentioned
    2804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    So lets see if IPL happens in the same Covid-19 conditions that have been so difficult for Asia Cup 2020.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  9. #9
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    1,926
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    PCB to host in 2022? Things can change but I'm not too hopeful..

  10. #10
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    38,063
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    So PCB's hosting rights have been snatched?

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    81,937
    Mentioned
    2158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    As per PCB's media director Samiul Hasan Burney:

    “As far as I am concerned ACC management is working on Asia Cup 2020. They are also exploring other options if the tournament cannot be hosted on scheduled time,”

    I would say he was right as the tournament has been schedule for a later date next year.
    Ganguly said this year's tournament was off, while PCB were scratching their heads.

    Pretty obvious who knew what was going on and who didn't.



  12. #12
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    2,837
    Mentioned
    543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Postponement makes sense specially with the World T20 likely to be following suit.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,586
    Mentioned
    2804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    So PCB's hosting rights have been snatched?
    They get them in 2022


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  14. #14
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,586
    Mentioned
    2804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    I am all for the reasons for postponing this but would be interesting to see how people will react if IPL is allowed to happen this year - surely the same issues of COVID?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  15. #15
    Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    1,443
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Ganguly said this year's tournament was off, while PCB were scratching their heads.

    Pretty obvious who knew what was going on and who didn't.
    Ganguly used the word 'cancelled', he said it's cancelled and not postponed.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    3,651
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB is embarrassing itself by making statements like these. They need to move on.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    1,926
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    I am all for the reasons for postponing this but would be interesting to see how people will react if IPL is allowed to happen this year - surely the same issues of COVID?
    We can react and all but can we do anything about it, remotely?

  18. #18
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    1,926
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    PCB is embarrassing itself by making statements like these. They need to move on.
    Exactly. Fewer words and more action is the need of the hour.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    2,264
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrentDevil View Post
    Ganguly used the word 'cancelled', he said it's cancelled and not postponed.
    Sourav Ganguly said that the Asia Cup 2020 stands cancelled.

    https://indianexpress.com/article/sp...nguly-6496501/

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    2,264
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    I am all for the reasons for postponing this but would be interesting to see how people will react if IPL is allowed to happen this year - surely the same issues of COVID?
    Dont think IPL is happening either. Ganguly said in the interview that there is lack of window to fit IPL. He is pretty confident about India's tour of Australia in Dec though and considers it as a very important series.

    Only if T20 WC gets cancelled...there is a possibility of IPL, else not happening.


  21. #21
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    21,086
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Sourav Ganguly said that the Asia Cup 2020 stands cancelled.

    https://indianexpress.com/article/sp...nguly-6496501/
    Which wasnt correct. As cancelled has a completely different meaning then postponed. Asia Cup isnt cancelled rather postponed to 2021, cancellation would have meant it being completely taken out of the schedule and stating its not gonna take place at all.

    Ganguly might knew something but him saying that it is cancelled was a wrong statement.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    81,937
    Mentioned
    2158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrentDevil View Post
    Ganguly used the word 'cancelled', he said it's cancelled and not postponed.
    It's not happening this year and who knows what will happen next year. Ganguly was pretty accurate with what he said.

    PCB meanwhile were clueless and contradicting themselves.



  23. #23
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    4,047
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inevitable.

    WT20 will most likely go the same route.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    17,652
    Mentioned
    818 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    So lets see if IPL happens in the same Covid-19 conditions that have been so difficult for Asia Cup 2020.
    Since IPL will be played behind closed doors it will be Corona free.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    81,937
    Mentioned
    2158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    PCB is embarrassing itself by making statements like these. They need to move on.
    It's the number of statements, all different and all from different people

    Pakistan Clueless Board = PCB.



  26. #26
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    19,659
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Which wasnt correct. As cancelled has a completely different meaning then postponed. Asia Cup isnt cancelled rather postponed to 2021, cancellation would have meant it being completely taken out of the schedule and stating its not gonna take place at all.

    Ganguly might knew something but him saying that it is cancelled was a wrong statement.
    The host is different, it's sri lanka hosting. So it's a completely different asia cup and not the same one


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  27. #27
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    13,688
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have too many tournaments. Just scrap Asia Cup and Champions Trophy.

    Have one ODI WC every four years and one T20 WC every two years.


    Bangladeshi Fan || [B]

  28. #28
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    21,086
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    The host is different, it's sri lanka hosting. So it's a completely different asia cup and not the same one
    Pakistan already gave its right of host to Srilanka for 2020 Asia Cup. Pak has gotten rights to 2022 Asia cup. ACC itself has said this one is postponed and they are rescheduling it in 2021 with month of June being the target.

    There was no Asia Cup planned for 2021, its 2020's Asia Cup which is being moved as you can read from the article itself.
    Last edited by Titan24; 10th July 2020 at 01:49.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    3,651
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    It's the number of statements, all different and all from different people

    Pakistan Clueless Board = PCB.
    Somehow its the same old story regardless of whoever is in-charge.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jun 2020
    Runs
    153
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odi Asia cup used to be fun but these t20s usually don't make it that interesting.
    Lot's of test cricket going on,for myself not having wt20 and Asia cup is hardly something I would care.
    Ipl is a sort of domestic thing, nothing wrong if bcci plays it.I don't think many international foreign players would take place as multiple teams make it not most secure.
    Last edited by Kashur_Kalkharab; 10th July 2020 at 02:06.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    30,201
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PCB needs to get out of this ACC, they are more likely to get home games pleasing the ICC as compared to ACC that has to bow to BCCI

  32. #32
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    1,532
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    It's not happening this year and who knows what will happen next year. Ganguly was pretty accurate with what he said.

    PCB meanwhile were clueless and contradicting themselves.
    How did they contradict themselves? Can you actually give the contradictory statement?

  33. #33
    Debut
    May 2020
    Runs
    236
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    PCB needs to get out of this ACC, they are more likely to get home games pleasing the ICC as compared to ACC that has to bow to BCCI
    The ICC is just as spineless as the ACC. If the ICC stood up to BCCI, things will be a completely different than what they are now. Instead they are a spineless, greedy and selfish organization totally happy with BCCI $$$, as it is the easy way for revenue inflow with minimum to zero effort on their part.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    30,201
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by U$ofA View Post
    The ICC is just as spineless as the ACC. If the ICC stood up to BCCI, things will be a completely different than what they are now. Instead they are a spineless, greedy and selfish organization totally happy with BCCI $$$, as it is the easy way for revenue inflow with minimum to zero effort on their part.
    I get that, but at least the ICC are doing a lot more for us, even though it doesn’t seem to be much. The reason why Bangladesh played that one Test match in Pakistan is because the ICC made it clear to them that they will lose points in the WTC.

    ACC are practically powerless. There is nothing to gain from them, they should enjoy hosting tournaments with India, SL, BAN and AFG. They have plenty for a decent tournament without us. Not sure why we even bother, we might as well play Ireland or West Indies at home.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    93,014
    Mentioned
    7281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Mani and Wasim deserve this humiliation. This is the professionalism they brought from the UK.

    PCB will never learn - you run your mouth against BCCI and the only thing you get is humiliation.

    ACC is nothing. BCCI is the ACC. The Asia Cup will be held when and where BCCI want it to be held.

    They can easily take away our hosting rights in 2022 and we will not be able to do anything expect moan about it.

    These thunderous but shallow statements from Wasim are mainly for domestic consumption. A bit of trash-talk and our fans start doing bhangra until they get the inevitable reality check.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,586
    Mentioned
    2804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    The chief of Pakistan Cricket Board, Wasim Khan, has said that his country have earned the rights to host the 2022 Asia Cup. He also added that the next edition of the delayed Asia Cup was likely to be held in Sri Lanka in June next year.

    Khan said that the decisions were taken in an online meeting of the Asian Cricket Council that was held last week. He added that the board has set June as the time to host the postponed Asia Cup in Sri Lanka but the dates could be rescheduled if required.

    "The next Asia Cup will be hosted in Sri Lanka in June and we have got hosting rights now for the 2022 Asia Cup," he was quoted as saying by the PTI.

    Pakistan is trying to get its rights to host international cricket in the country that have been suspended since the 2009 attack on the Sri Lankan team bus.

    A few teams including Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have toured Pakistan in the past 12 months and the country is trying to build on the momentum to show that it is safe for the sport to take place. Between 2009 and 2019, their home matches were held in the United Arab Emirates.

    Pakistan Cricket Board has also said that it is expecting the Australian team to travel to Pakistan for a full-fledged tour early in 2022. Australia last travelled to Pakistan in 1998, led by Mark Taylor. It has been 22 years since the men in yellow visited the Asian country.

    England is also due to tour Pakistan late next year for their first tour of the Asian nation since 2006.

    https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cri...410-2020-12-03


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  37. #37
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    4,478
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Asia Cup 2021

    Asia Cup is scheduled to be hosted by Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) in June 2021 in Sri Lanka.
    As per the original ICC calendar, the Asia Cup T20 was to be a precursor to the men's T20 World Cup that was to be staged in Australia in October-November.


    Virat, ABD, KP and Sir Viv.
    RCB Forever.#ನಮ್ಮRCB

  38. #38
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    4,478
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If India wins or draw the final Test match against England then Asia Cup 2021 will go ahead without India participating in it because of World Test Championship final.



    Virat, ABD, KP and Sir Viv.
    RCB Forever.#ನಮ್ಮRCB

  39. #39
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    4,478
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India should send their B side.


    Virat, ABD, KP and Sir Viv.
    RCB Forever.#ನಮ್ಮRCB

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    1,867
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Kohli View Post
    India should their B side.
    In any case Just make Rahul captain and select Shaw Samson etc and Chahar Chahal and give some chance to fringe players like Kishan and Surya. No need to send main team.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    3,639
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Kohli View Post
    India should send their B side.
    Yeah send all those who are not in the WTC final squad.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    3,639
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshiarpurexpress View Post
    In any case Just make Rahul captain and select Shaw Samson etc and Chahar Chahal and give some chance to fringe players like Kishan and Surya. No need to send main team.
    Rahul will be there in WTC squad if we get through to the final.
    We should send ipl young talents like Kishan Samson, Nitish Rana, Suryakumar, Natarajan etc.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    93,014
    Mentioned
    7281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    It is great because the last two editions of the Asia Cup were embarrassing. India were three levels above the rest.

    In 2018, the way they humiliated a full-strength Pakistan without Kohli summed it up. All the trash talking by the likes of Sarfraz and Hassan blew in their faces in spectacular fashion.

    India’s reserve team is still a level above the main teams of Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka thanks to their talent, skill and application, but at least now there is a semblance of hope that the matches would be somewhat competitive.

    Overall, the Asia Cup has become a pointless tournament because you have a bunch of deeply mediocre teams trying to catch up with one elite side.

    It is understandable that BCCI does not value this tournament highly and does not show a lot of interest.

    Using this window to have a competitive white ball series with the likes of Australia and England is more beneficial for them than sleep-walking their way to another Asia Cup trophy.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    1,867
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Rahul will be there in WTC squad if we get through to the final.
    We should send ipl young talents like Kishan Samson, Nitish Rana, Suryakumar, Natarajan etc.
    yes. Shaw and Kishan can open.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    1,221
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshiarpurexpress View Post
    yes. Shaw and Kishan can open.
    Dhawan is not in the Test squad.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    10,575
    Mentioned
    799 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It is great because the last two editions of the Asia Cup were embarrassing. India were three levels above the rest.

    In 2018, the way they humiliated a full-strength Pakistan without Kohli summed it up. All the trash talking by the likes of Sarfraz and Hassan blew in their faces in spectacular fashion.

    India’s reserve team is still a level above the main teams of Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka thanks to their talent, skill and application, but at least now there is a semblance of hope that the matches would be somewhat competitive.

    Overall, the Asia Cup has become a pointless tournament because you have a bunch of deeply mediocre teams trying to catch up with one elite side.

    It is understandable that BCCI does not value this tournament highly and does not show a lot of interest.

    Using this window to have a competitive white ball series with the likes of Australia and England is more beneficial for them than sleep-walking their way to another Asia Cup trophy.
    Itni mehnat toh Indian nahe Kartay - Lagay Raho Dost

  47. #47
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    4,047
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Kohli View Post
    India should send their B side.
    Dhawan
    Shaw
    Padikkal
    Iyer
    SKY
    Kishan
    Samson
    Krunal
    Tewatia
    Rahul Chahar
    Chahal
    Bhuvi
    Natarajan
    Deepak Chahar
    Saini


    Still good enough to win the Asia cup T20.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    1,867
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Dhawan
    Shaw
    Padikkal
    Iyer
    SKY
    Kishan
    Samson
    Krunal
    Tewatia
    Rahul Chahar
    Chahal
    Bhuvi
    Natarajan
    Deepak Chahar
    Saini


    Still good enough to win the Asia cup T20.
    Good squad.
    Anyways. Kohli is in decline and his end days are coming,
    Rohit is an FTB.. Pant is the worst wicketkeeper in the world.
    Bumrah is not the same after his injury..
    To Bhai Asia Cup jeetne ke liye hamein strong team to bhejni hai na

  49. #49
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    4,478
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asia Cup 2021 has been postponed due to ICC World Test Championship final.


    Virat, ABD, KP and Sir Viv.
    RCB Forever.#ನಮ್ಮRCB

  50. #50
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    4,478
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB Chairman confirmed that if India qualify into the final of World Test Championship then Asia Cup wont be happening this year.


    Virat, ABD, KP and Sir Viv.
    RCB Forever.#ನಮ್ಮRCB

  51. #51
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,586
    Mentioned
    2804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Ehsan Mani speaking today

    "Asia Cup was postponed last year and it seems it will also be postponed this year as well, because the WTC final is happening in June; Sri Lanka had said that they would host this but there is a clash of dates now; It looks likely that it will be postponed until 2023"

    Wasim Khan speaking at the same event:

    "Because India have reached the WTC final and will play that game against New Zealand, it appears that the Asia Cup due to be played this year in Sri Lanka will not be played"

    "Whilst we are still waiting for this confirmation, we are clear that this won't happen and so we are planning for this year that they will go to South Africa and Zimbabwe and then they will also get a break which is important for players for their mental and physical well-being, and after that break they will be ready for cricket for next 6-7 months"


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    826
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India don't care about Asia Cup and it's not hard to realise why. Asian teams are all a million miles away from them and the only teams that can even compete with India these days are Australia, England and New Zealand.
    PCB should invest in tri-series with Sri Lanka and Bangladesh instead.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Planet Afridi
    Runs
    12,637
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I still can’t believe Pakistan is finally hosting international level players (like well known players, not randoms). Feels like a dream. The days have come finally Mash Allah. Long may it continue. Insh Allah we host the WC or something soon too in the next few years. A joint WC hosted by Pak-India-Bangla-SL would be amazing.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    36,935
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    I still can’t believe Pakistan is finally hosting international level players (like well known players, not randoms). Feels like a dream. The days have come finally Mash Allah. Long may it continue. Insh Allah we host the WC or something soon too in the next few years. A joint WC hosted by Pak-India-Bangla-SL would be amazing.
    Hopefully we can reinvest these revenues into uplifting the grounds so they're WC ready. I know some of them have been renovated but they still look so ramshackle. Those dark enclosures at NSK are an eyesore man.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    259
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshiarpurexpress View Post
    Good squad.
    Anyways. Kohli is in decline and his end days are coming,
    Rohit is an FTB.. Pant is the worst wicketkeeper in the world.
    Bumrah is not the same after his injury..
    To Bhai Asia Cup jeetne ke liye hamein strong team to bhejni hai na
    How is Kohli in decline? He has scored a 50+ score in 3 of the last 4 tests he played starting from the Adelaide test. His 50 in the second test in Chennai was no less than a 100 considering how the pitch was turning square. The problem is he set his standards so high that even 50s make him look out of form. Its funny that you are even predicting his end just beacuse he is scoring 50s and not 100s.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    259
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Ehsan Mani speaking today

    "Asia Cup was postponed last year and it seems it will also be postponed this year as well, because the WTC final is happening in June; Sri Lanka had said that they would host this but there is a clash of dates now; It looks likely that it will be postponed until 2023"

    Wasim Khan speaking at the same event:

    "Because India have reached the WTC final and will play that game against New Zealand, it appears that the Asia Cup due to be played this year in Sri Lanka will not be played"

    "Whilst we are still waiting for this confirmation, we are clear that this won't happen and so we are planning for this year that they will go to South Africa and Zimbabwe and then they will also get a break which is important for players for their mental and physical well-being, and after that break they will be ready for cricket for next 6-7 months"
    Why do they need a break for mental and physical well-being? They will anyway get a break during April-May due to the IPL right? They can instead play any other team after the SA ZIM tour.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    2,147
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does everyone say Asia cup isnl useless etc.? In ODI asia cups, India only won the last won in 2018. In recent times, in 2012 and 2014, Pakistan and and Sri Lanka were the best teams.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    2,147
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-q-zit View Post
    Why do they need a break for mental and physical well-being? They will anyway get a break during April-May due to the IPL right? They can instead play any other team after the SA ZIM tour.
    March April is SA/ZIM, then break in May and June, then off to Windies for full tour in July-August.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    22,365
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Ehsan Mani speaking today

    "Asia Cup was postponed last year and it seems it will also be postponed this year as well, because the WTC final is happening in June; Sri Lanka had said that they would host this but there is a clash of dates now; It looks likely that it will be postponed until 2023"

    Wasim Khan speaking at the same event:

    "Because India have reached the WTC final
    and will play that game against New Zealand, it appears that the Asia Cup due to be played this year in Sri Lanka will not be played"

    "Whilst we are still waiting for this confirmation, we are clear that this won't happen and so we are planning for this year that they will go to South Africa and Zimbabwe and then they will also get a break which is important for players for their mental and physical well-being, and after that break they will be ready for cricket for next 6-7 months"
    I thought Aus can still reach the final ahead of India if Eng wins the last test.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  60. #60
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    4,047
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    I thought Aus can still reach the final ahead of India if Eng wins the last test.

    Yeah.

    Looks like Mani is trying to jinx.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    2,264
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India is supposed to tour SL for a short white ball series just after the IPL. Why cant that be cancelled and have Asia Cup in that window rather?

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jan 2021
    Runs
    186
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    As per PCB's media director Samiul Hasan Burney:

    “As far as I am concerned ACC management is working on Asia Cup 2020. They are also exploring other options if the tournament cannot be hosted on scheduled time,”

    I would say he was right as the tournament has been schedule for a later date next year.
    Agreed, this is far better assessment than motor mouth Ganguly.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    21,086
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Pakistan Cricket Board not keen on Asia Cup T20 in 2021

    The Pakistan Cricket Board is not in favour of having the Asia Cup T20 tournament this year with the board chairman Ehsan Mani already conveying this to the franchise owners of the Pakistan Super League.

    The Asia Cup 2021 is scheduled to be played in Sri Lanka in June but with the tight cricketing schedule this year, the tournament might get postponed to 2023.

    The PCB held a virtual meeting with PSL franchise owners on Thursday during which he told them about the Asia Cup's likely postponement.

    The topic of the Asia Cup came up after franchise owners sought clarity on the PSL dates for this year. Pakistan's premier domestic T20 competition was postponed indefinitely last month after 7 team personnel tested positive for COVID-19.

    "Mani made it clear that their was little possibility of the tournament being held this year and it would be moved to 2023 due to the commitments of the participating teams," a PCB source said.

    The PCB chairman told the franchise owners the new dates for the Asia Cup would be decided at the next meeting of the Asian Cricket Council. The PSL 6 was postponed after 14 of the 34 matches in the league were completed earlier this month in Karachi due to an outbreak of COVID-19 cases among the franchise players and officials.

    The source said one or two franchise owners had also insisted that event be held in April and the PCB should pressurise Cricket South Africa (CSA) to reschedule Pakistan team's tour to the country in April.

    "But the PCB chairman made it clear they could not do this as they had good relations with CSA which had supported Pakistan cricket by sending its full test team to Pakistan in February," he said.

    https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cri...616-2021-03-12

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    81,937
    Mentioned
    2158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Today:

    PCB Chairman Ehsan Mani briefed the BoG on matters relating to the International Cricket Council as well as this year’s ICC T20 World Cup and the ACC Asia Cup, which has now been postponed to 2022.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •