"I will continue working hard and not bow down to negativity" : Saud Shakeel - Page 4

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Not part of the 13-member squad for second Test.

Guess needs to wait more (as usual!)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the point of his inclusion if you weren't ready to give him a chance vs Zim, an absolutely pathetic decision by Babar & the management.

I hope I'm wrong but I feel that Saud will become another Fawad Alam.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disgraceful decision not to give him a game against Zimbabwe. Misbah is an unbelievably pathetic coach who is only concerned with his job security and does not give a toss about the players or their future development.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really disappointed that saud isn't given a chance disgraceful stuff from misbah and Babar.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If he isnt going to debut against zimbabwe when the test team is 1-0 up when will he debut?

Weve seen this safety first approach from misbah for years now.

What harm can it do to make one lad debut against a very weak team who you ll probably beat again by an innings even without his contribution

Coaching isnt only about padding players stats and battering a minnow team but giving confidence to young lads, developing better players for the future, improving your bench strength easing players into the setup and making sure players in possession dont get too comfortable n lazy

Most people would think this is the ideal scenario to try out a couple of new players but no not misbah He likes throwing new kids in the deep end

Lets wait for a test at the Waca to give the lad a debut

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Man I feel for Saud Shakeel. Performed well in domestic cricket, finally got called up, he then got injured, went through the rehabilitation and still managed to make the test team. Despite this, doesn't make the test team.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shameful, truly shameful stuff.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Looks like he may be the next Fawad Alam in terms of opportunities and selection.

Wait 10 years son, then they might pick you.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    If he isnt going to debut against zimbabwe when the test team is 1-0 up when will he debut?

What harm can it do to make one lad debut against a very weak team who you ll probably beat again by an innings even without his contribution

Coaching isnt only about padding players stats and battering a minnow team but giving confidence to young lads, developing better players for the future, improving your bench strength easing players into the setup and making sure players in possession dont get too comfortable n lazy

Most people would think this is the ideal scenario to try out a couple of new players but no not misbah He likes throwing new kids in the deep end

I personally would have liked Saud to get a go. Here's what I think likely happened.
    If Saud would have scored massive runs against Zim, then it would have put a lot of pressure on the selection of Azhar Ali for next tour. I think the management doesn't want that pressure ahead of the WI tour because Azhar Ali is the only experienced batsman in this test team and they want Azhar for the tough tests ahead. Its also possible that Azhar wasn't happy being dropped given the lack of test matches Pak play.

Whether people like it or not, Azhar is currently the best top-order batsman in test format in Pakistan, and probably one of the best in the world. His average of 42-43 over 80+ tests is solid for an Asian test opener/1 down. Saud is supremely talented but so was Haris and talent is not a guarantee that he will succeed. Saud would have taken 15-20 tests to get going, and given the inexperienced batting, specially in the top-order/opening, I think the management doesnt want another newbie

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have already wasted 4 years of him and now the PCB is looking to break all records of injustice previously held by Fawad Alam.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imran Butt's 91 is probably the biggest culprit here. Otherwise there'd have been an argument to shift Azhar Ali up the order.

Imran Butt has absolutely no future with the Pakistan team so it's sad to see him in the XI and not a genuinely decent batsman like Saud.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    Imran Butt's 91 is probably the biggest culprit here. Otherwise there'd have been an argument to shift Azhar Ali up the order.

Imran Butt has absolutely no future with the Pakistan team so it's sad to see him in the XI and not a genuinely decent batsman like Saud.
    Imran Butt has no future?

Azhar and Abid have no future in PCT. They're both in their mid-30's and would have been thinking about retiring had they been playing for any other country. On the other hand, I'm sure Misbah and Babar think that both Azhar and Abid have another 10 years to offer.

Imran's batting is on par with Abid but is 10x the slip fielder Abid will ever be.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's babar decision also let's not get it twisted he's just as fault.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabi View Post
    I personally would have liked Saud to get a go. Here's what I think likely happened.
    If Saud would have scored massive runs against Zim, then it would have put a lot of pressure on the selection of Azhar Ali for next tour. I think the management doesn't want that pressure ahead of the WI tour because Azhar Ali is the only experienced batsman in this test team and they want Azhar for the tough tests ahead. Its also possible that Azhar wasn't happy being dropped given the lack of test matches Pak play.

Whether people like it or not, Azhar is currently the best top-order batsman in test format in Pakistan, and probably one of the best in the world. His average of 42-43 over 80+ tests is solid for an Asian test opener/1 down. Saud is supremely talented but so was Haris and talent is not a guarantee that he will succeed. Saud would have taken 15-20 tests to get going, and given the inexperienced batting, specially in the top-order/opening, I think the management doesnt want another newbie
    Haris let himself down due to poor fitness am not sure saud has that issue.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Haris let himself down due to poor fitness am not sure saud has that issue.
    Fit or not, test cricket is not east and all of the Asian batsmen have struggled on their first away tours. Having a top-order of Abid, Imran, and Saud means your entire top-order brand new. You are gonna have collapses. They will fail and get dropped.
    Saud should not open the innings in Test, that's too risky and we may waste such a talented player if he fails. Saud is better off debuting for the #4 or #5 slot where he scored the bulk of his runs.
    Also, Usman Sl is better bet for #3 slot because he averages 81 on that slot in FC.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    When Mohammad Yousuf rates your cover drive very highly, then you must be a pretty good batsman.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Least should be expected by MISBAH.. Rightly so he will give them debut in an away series against Aus , NZL or even England..

That is how the set up is when Misbah is in-charge...

Cruel to give chances after chances to nothing batsman like Asif Ali because he is his buddy, but no chances for Saud yet..
    Last edited by Last Monetarist; 15th June 2021 at 00:29.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Saim Ayub and Mohammad Faizan get picked over the likes of Saud Shakeel, I just want to know on what basis?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Saud Shakeel speaking to the media:

“England is not a new place for me to play cricket. I was part of the Pakistan A touring squad that previously toured here and have good knowledge of England conditions. I played against the majority of England fast bowlers during my exposure for Pakistan A. I had a successful tour with the backup team and hopefully, I would give my best if given an opportunity to play for the Pakistan team. I am looking forward to representing Pakistan in the series"

"We have had some intra-squad practice and are looking forward to having more before the start of the series. What you need is maximum exposure on the field before playing such an important series. But here because of the wet weather we have not been able to make full use of the conditions. Even today the rain is heavy and we may not be able to play our second practice match"

“It is always handy to play maximum practice matches. Due to the Covid-19, we cannot play matches against others teams. Our management, however, has organised a few for us and I am looking forward to utilising these opportunities"

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worth giving him a go in England.

Easily has the best stats among all our list A batsmen, has been performing for a while and is relatively young. Could help make sure that our middle order will not completely flop like it did in SA.

However wouldn’t be surprised if he gets his chance and prices to be another domestic bully just like the rest of the guys we have given a chance too

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saud needs a good run of games once selected . At least 6-7 games . But knowing the fickleness of people on this forum he will be labelled as a TTF after one innings .

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenKhan View Post
    Saud needs a good run of games once selected . At least 6-7 games . But knowing the fickleness of people on this forum he will be labelled as a TTF after one innings .
    Yes needs to be given a long rope once he gets his debut. He has proven FC record and list A record with good amount of experience of Pak A as well as emerging teams and is 25. So he is definitely one of the best young batsman around in Pakistan whose game can be expanded to more than one format.

He is the kind of player you need to give a long rope, maybe a full season or two to perform. Him succeeding at international level especially in Tests would be one of the very few opportunities for Pak to have a solid test middle order for coming years.

It would be a travesty if he doesn’t succeed at international level as I cant think of many other young Pakistani batsmen with better preparation for the international cricket around.
    Last edited by Titan24; 5th July 2021 at 18:18.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Yes needs to be given a long rope once he gets his debut. He has proven FC record and list A record with good amount of experience of Pak A as well as emerging teams and is 25. So he is definitely one of the best young batsman around in Pakistan whose game can be expanded to more than one format.

He is the kind of player you need to give a long rope, maybe a full season or two to perform. Him succeeding at international level especially in Tests would be one of the very few opportunities for Pak to have a solid test middle order for coming years.

It would be a travesty if he doesn’t succeed at international level as I cant think of many other young Pakistani batsmen with better preparation for the international cricket around.
    His skill level is as good as babar.saud shakeel at 4 and Babar at 3 some of the shots he plays is as good as anyone in world cricket

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdurmirr View Post
    Worth giving him a go in England.

Easily has the best stats among all our list A batsmen, has been performing for a while and is relatively young. Could help make sure that our middle order will not completely flop like it did in SA.

However wouldn’t be surprised if he gets his chance and prices to be another domestic bully just like the rest of the guys we have given a chance too
    He will succeed he's to good of a player to not succeed but he needs to bat in the top 4

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Saud has to play today - best opportunity for him.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Making his ODI debut today.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Bring in this kid for Imran Butt, let Azhar open the innings if needed.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Bring in this kid for Imran Butt, let Azhar open the innings if needed.
    I like the idea. Saud & Azhar sounds like a solid combo.

But for there are more chances of an Alien invasion on Planet Earth than Misbah/Waqar thinking out of the box.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We definitely need to debut Saud soon. He'd be an ideal #3/#4.
    Last edited by OmarKhan99; 17th August 2021 at 20:34.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saud should bat at 4 and Babar should bat at 3

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    So Saud will need to wait for another eternity to debut for Pakistan!

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    So Saud will need to wait for another eternity to debut for Pakistan!
    Realistically speaking, we couldn't have dropped either of the openers. Imran scored a 90-odd just a couple of tests ago, and Abid Ali a double hundred (plus a healthy avg). This is probably where playing full strength against less established teams like ZIM can be detrimental to the overall quality of PCT. That's probably an argument for another day though.

I think it's good that we persisted with the opening pair we've picked. Back them to come good. If they don't after a reasonable amount of games, then change will definitely be warranted. As much as I want to see Saud in the whites, the last thing we want to repeat is horrendous amounts of chopping and changing.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmarKhan99 View Post
    Realistically speaking, we couldn't have dropped either of the openers. Imran scored a 90-odd just a couple of tests ago, and Abid Ali a double hundred (plus a healthy avg). This is probably where playing full strength against less established teams like ZIM can be detrimental to the overall quality of PCT. That's probably an argument for another day though.

I think it's good that we persisted with the opening pair we've picked. Back them to come good. If they don't after a reasonable amount of games, then change will definitely be warranted. As much as I want to see Saud in the whites, the last thing we want to repeat is horrendous amounts of chopping and changing.
    Exactly if your going to pick someone give them a reasonable chance

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I feel the objective is to win games. If Abid Ali and Imran Butt are not delivering then its times to change.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmarKhan99 View Post

I agree in most cases but the batsmen do have to show some promise too

If imran was making 20s and 30s id back him for a few more tests Give him time to work things out n move to the next level But hes not doing even that He looks a walking wkt every time he bats a 2nd highest score of 15 doesnt read well at all

Hes had 8 completed innings and only made above 15 in one innings against zimbabwe

He hasnt even remotely looked capable that he can even semi handle things at this level

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Could the impossible happen and Saud get another chance to play for Pakistan today?
    Last edited by MenInG; 17th September 2021 at 15:04.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Named as captain of Pakistan 'A' for tour of Sri Lanka - great opportunity now for him to show what he is made of.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Currently, 106* as Pakistan Shaheens Captain in the 1st 4-Day game against SL A

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This kid has a bright future for Pakistan in test cricket. And this knock will give him alot of confidence.

This is the benefit of A cricket. In this match he faced Embuldeniya: Sri Lanka's premier test match spinner and a number of other up and comers who will likely be playing for Sri Lanka soon.

Also wonder if playing him as opener is a deliberate attempt to get him into the side. Which I welcome ofcourse. Because he's a great player but right now its hard for him to get into side batting in the middle-order, which looks fairly settled. The opening slots however don't.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should be in the Pakistan xi

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ideal Batting Line Up for Pakistan Test Team next year;

Salahuddin
    Saud Shakeel
    Babar
    Abdullah Shafique
    Kamran Ghulam
    Fawad Alam
    Rizwan

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahzad1985 View Post

Salahuddin
    Saud Shakeel
    Babar
    Abdullah Shafique
    Kamran Ghulam
    Fawad Alam
    Rizwan
    Excellent line up but highly unlikely they will make that many changes also I would play an all rounder instead of a batter

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahzad1985 View Post

Salahuddin
    Saud Shakeel
    Babar
    Abdullah Shafique
    Kamran Ghulam
    Fawad Alam
    Rizwan
    My Test batting order now would be:

1. Usman Salahuddin
    2. Mohammad Rizwan (c)
    3. Saud Shakeel
    4. Babar Azam
    5. Kamran Ghulam or Abdullah Shafique or Haider Ali
    6. Rohail Nazir (wk)
    7. Shadab Khan (vc)
    8. Faheem Ashraf

It’s a new World Test Championship cycle, so cull the old-timers!

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    My Test batting order now would be:

1. Usman Salahuddin
    2. Mohammad Rizwan (c)
    3. Saud Shakeel
    4. Babar Azam
    5. Kamran Ghulam or Abdullah Shafique or Haider Ali
    6. Rohail Nazir (wk)
    7. Shadab Khan (vc)
    8. Faheem Ashraf

It’s a new World Test Championship cycle, so cull the old-timers!
    Rizwan would be a walking wicket in test match.

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not selected for the first Test, a little disappointed to be honest. Should have been in the playing 11, he's in a good form.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very disappointed that Saud isn't in the first test.Azhar should have made to open.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    646 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He should have been in the 12 ahead of Shafique

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still don't understand the logic of having Imam and Abdullah ahead of Saud. Although I do like both Imam and Abdullah (seem to have competitive spirits), but Saud just looks a class apart whenever you see him bat. He's also shown his potential as an opener if Azhar is reluctant to move back up the order.

Should have ideally debuted a few years ago, but this is the next best time.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadharis1 View Post
    He should have been in the 12 ahead of Shafique
    I would only play Saud if Azhar opens.