User Tag List

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

People on Eid should sacrifice their children, instead of animals, says BJP MLA

BJP MLA from Loni Constituency in Ghaziabad, Nand Kishore Gurjar stirred a controversy when he asked people celebrating Eid ul Adha to "sacrifice their children instead of animals". He also said that "meat spreads coronavirus" so people should not be allowed to sacrifice innocent animals.

"People who want to sacrifice on Eid should sacrifice their children. I will not let people consume meat and alcohol in Loni. We will not let people sacrifice innocent animals because meat spreads coronavirus," said BJP legislator according to a report in news agency ANI.

"The way people have followed the guidelines of the government by not offering prayers and namaz at temples and mosques to contain COVID-19, in the same way, they must not offer the sacrifice of animals on this Eid," he said.
    https://www.nationalheraldindia.com/...-uttar-pradesh

An aminals life in India is worth more than a childs life. Jai Hind.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disgusting comment. Then again, this is BJP we are talking about.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    Disgusting comment. Then again, this is BJP we are talking about.
    In the UK he would be arrested for hate speech, in India he will become a hero.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh. Bhai. Maro. Mujhay. Maro.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    https://www.nationalheraldindia.com/...-uttar-pradesh

An aminals life in India is worth more than a childs life. Jai Hind.
    Why is that surprising? For Hindus, animals like the cow are the holiest of creatures, they give sustenance to their keepers and even their waste product has healing properties. Children of Abraham will only grow up to kill these sacred cows for their own greed and pleasure. You may not agree with it, but you have to see through the eyes of majority population in India.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Why is that surprising? For Hindus, animals like the cow are the holiest of creatures, they give sustenance to their keepers and even their waste product has healing properties. Children of Abraham will only grow up to kill these sacred cows for their own greed and pleasure. You may not agree with it, but you have to see through the eyes of majority population in India.
    Excuse my ignorance, I assumed all religions would value human life more than any animal. If Hindus had a choice of saving a cows life or a BJP members childs life,you suggesting they would choose the cow?

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stupid comment by the BJP guy. On the other hand, whatís with the backward superstitions of sacrificing animals to please some god? Jeez itís 2020.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Stupid comment by the BJP guy. On the other hand, whatís with the backward superstitions of sacrificing animals to please some god? Jeez itís 2020.
    A lot of the meat is donated to charity and poor segment of the society whilst creating hundreds of jobs so overall it has a huge positive impact on the society and economy. Itís not like animals arenít being eaten otherwise

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    A lot of the meat is donated to charity and poor segment of the society whilst creating hundreds of jobs so overall it has a huge positive impact on the society and economy. Itís not like animals arenít being eaten otherwise
    I know and I appreciate charity. Itís the ďsacrificeĒ bit that seems so backward. Why would god want you to sacrifice an animal?

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know and I appreciate charity. Itís the ďsacrificeĒ bit that seems so backward. Why would god want you to sacrifice an animal?
    Dont assume, there is no such thing as God needing any sacrifce. Islam is very very clear, God doesn't need anything. I know in the Hindu religion gold is given to the deity and belongs to him/her. In Islam this is a grave sin to suggest God needs anything, he is the giver not the needy.

Animals are sacrifced to feed the poor, it's a simple as this.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know and I appreciate charity. It’s the “sacrifice” bit that seems so backward. Why would god want you to sacrifice an animal?
    I think you are looking at the word "sacrifice" too literally. It simply means killing the animal to distribute meat and fulfilling a religious instruction.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What's also worth noting is that this is a representative for an area right next to where the worst killing and looting happened in Delhi.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    I think you are looking at the word "sacrifice" too literally. It simply means killing the animal to distribute meat and fulfilling a religious instruction.
    Fair - I didnít know that the motive is purely charity. I thought it had to do with parting away with something that is dear to you.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Fair - I didn’t know that the motive is purely charity. I thought it had to do with parting away with something that is dear to you.
    Your second part is also correct when you look at the origin of Qurbani, this is the tradition of Prophet Abraham (Aleihi salam) when he sacrificed his beloved son. But this is a very long story where God tested the submission of his friend servant. And also remember nothing happend to his son, he was totally fine and instead an animal was sacrificed.

So in order to keep the tradition alive we are commanded to sacrifice an animal, and only those who meet certain criterias are ordered to sacrifice an animal and the major part of the animal is supposed to be given away in charity and to friends.

I know what you are trying to do when you try to call it ębackwardĽ, but just relax, this religion is very easy and it will not recommend actions which are harmful.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    May 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once again a sad state of affairs where ignorant racist leaders just to garner votes from one community spews these kind of idiotic and sadist statements towards another community and the general population just Mindlessly follows without challenging the status quo..
    And this kind of chatter seldom works in Kerala where Iím from since folks on this side are over 90% literate and we almost never vote for Bjp. We have a good mix of muslims Christians and Hindus And we stand united and put our people first before we let religion or animals, caste any other bias come between us. We respect each otherís boundaries and generally vote for good leaders who wants to do whats best for the economy. Itís called ďGods own countryď and you guys should visit one day!!

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bigots will be bigots. The animals which are sacrificed are reared for their meat anyways, dont know what's the problem in killing them or consuming their meat. Sad state of affairs when we have such leaders in the country.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is just a two-bit MLA. Other than for a handful of his bigoted supporters his words have no value.

That said, the BJP (and all political parties in India), should get rid of such clowns from their organisations.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Its an idiotic statement , we are not surprised it comes from BJP , step son of RSS.

People who know not an iota about Hindu scriptures , have become defenders of Hinduism.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This from a country that exports so much beef to Muslim countries. Indian hypocrisy exposed again.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.