的 heard Sachin was God. I said, is this is a God? Iss ki kheriyat nahi" : Shoaib Akhtar

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

的 heard Sachin was God. I said, is this is a God? Iss ki kheriyat nahi" : Shoaib Akhtar

Shoaib Akhtar on TV:

“I heard Sachin was the god. I said this is a god? Iss ki kheriyat nahi. He didn’t recognize me, and I didn’t recognize him. But I wanted to get him out on the first ball and that happened.”

“It’s unfortunate that the news (about hitting Asif with the bat) was leaked. Afridi confessed he didn’t say it. Maybe if I was there, we could have won the World Cup. Maybe. But Allah didn’t want this to happen.”

“Zardari sahab helped me. I was banned for 5 years. My friend Faisal Butt took me to him, he was about to become the president. He called up Naseem Ashraf through the late Salman Taseer and said Shoaib is our son and he has to play IPL. He told him you reinstate him or we will put a new chairman. I am thankful to him. Someone picked up Naseem Ashraf in the middle of the night and asked him whether he wants to do this or he wants to be replaced as chairman. He said he wanted to make a call, they told him that everyone up to the president had been informed. Shoaib is going tomorrow to Delhi and has spoken to Shahrukh Khan who is calling him. Shahrukh was so happy when I took 4 wickets and won the first match, he danced all night. I said what happened, I didn’t win a world cup. He said I don’t understand. I was surprised. I won 30 Test matches alone and no one ever even asks.”

“I had a 175,000 pound contract with Nottingham. Then in 2002 I had another big contract. I left both when Kargil happened. I stood on the outskirts of Lahore. A general asked me what I’m doing there. I said a war is about to start and we’ll die together. I left county twice like this and the counties were shocked. I wasn’t concerned about that. I called up my friends in Kashmir and told them I am ready to fight.”

“When the planes (from India) came and downed some of our trees, that was a big loss for us. They dropped 6-7 trees and we are really putting a lot of focus on trees now. I was very hurt about this. I was feeling dizzy when I woke up that day and my wife told me to calm down. But until the next day when I saw the news, that continued. I know the inside story of what happened on the next day, I’m from Pindi and I know GHQ.”

(Sehwag said something to you about Tendulkar?) “There’s nothing like that. Would he survive after saying something like that to me? Would I leave him? I would beat him up in the ground and then at the hotel.”

"PCB is mismanaged. The more you keep good people away, the further cricket will go downhill. If I got a chance to work in PCB, I'd bring in foreign investment. I would work for free and ensure that no one calls me up and tells me to select their kid"

Shoaib Akhtar "I would ready 30 players who would become superstars with my mindset and that time has come. Younis Khan has wrongly been made batting coach, he should be training players in the National Academy with Mohammad Yousuf as the Pakistan batting coach"

“I get along with everyone, people don’t get along with me. Ask them why that is.”

“Ehsan Mani is effective but he could be aggressive. You need aggressive people to move things forward.”

“If I was chairman of selectors, I would empower local selectors and that talent comes out from all parts of the country. People keep saying we don’t have talent. What bakwaas.”

Who is Pakistan’s best actor?

Akhtar: Me. I played while being injured but I would pretend that I wasn’t hurt.

Inzamam, great batsman or great captain?

Akhtar: Batsman. I have my reservations about him as a captain.

Shoaib Malik, great batsman or great captain?

Akhtar: Neither.
    Last edited by MenInG; 2nd August 2020 at 02:55.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    Washington
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure the word God coined to Sachin in mid to late 2000. Shoaib played Sachin in 1999.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    The more Shoaib speaks, the more you realise he has some kind of narcissistic personality disorder.

These comments are wild. No wonder he fell out with so many teammates.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Los Santos
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only Hindus say that kind of blasphemous stuff. Sachin is just a regular human being.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    The more Shoaib speaks, the more you realise he has some kind of narcissistic personality disorder.

These comments are wild. No wonder he fell out with so many teammates.

的 get along with everyone, people don稚 get along with me. Ask them why that is.
    Shoaib is a gem

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    546 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What on earth?

Even by Shoaib's standards, these quotes plunge the depths.

And I'm not even talking of the Sachin thing.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    What on earth?

Even by Shoaib’s standards, these quotes plunge the depths.

And I’m not even talking of the Sachin thing.
    The show was an Eid special

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    Shoaib is a Jam

Fixed, looks much better now :-)

If public and journalists (who just want clicks and attention), would stop following this 'Narcissistic Maniac', this madness will eventually die down, real quick as well!

"Who is Pakistan痴 best actor?

Akhtar: Me. I played while being injured but I would pretend that I wasn稚 hurt."

I am quite it does not work like that, someone playing while injured is not someone one would call an actor, that person would be hailed as a hero!

What I recall of you are times when you were found partying while being sick/injured, jet skiing, hitting bix shots while having a fracture in one of the ribs etc. Now all that definitely is 'actor' level stuff, not the other way around!
    Last edited by Monsee; 2nd August 2020 at 02:58.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Another unhinged cricketer, who has become even more unhinged since retiring.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don稚 think people realize how great Shoaib actually was...

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    (Sehwag said something to you about Tendulkar?) “There’s nothing like that. Would he survive after saying something like that to me? Would I leave him? I would beat him up in the ground and then at the hotel.”

I don’t doubt this one bit.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    What on earth?

Even by Shoaib's standards, these quotes plunge the depths.

And I'm not even talking of the Sachin thing.
    he really is losing stuff

i genuinely think that, like kanye, he has bipolar disorder and is at the starting of it in past couple of years.

even if you observe their behavior he is following a similar trajectory. Kanye's was more pronounced because he could point to the present (since musicians dont age out similarly)

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    Only Hindus say that kind of blasphemous stuff. Sachin is just a regular human being.
    absolutely. I despise those morons who depict sachin as some sort of God. i

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything Shoaib and Afridi say is very carefully thought out. Both makes statements which endear them to the general public.

They're both very close to the military establishment and it's very well-known that they're both going to contest the next election from constituencies which are military strongholds in Pindi and FATA.

People might find these statements bizarre but it's all part of a very carefully crafted strongman image.

The passion and the flame is ignited, you can't stop us once we light it!

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.A.Z View Post
    Everything Shoaib and Afridi say is very carefully thought out. Both makes statements which endear them to the general public.

They're both very close to the military establishment and it's very well-known that they're both going to contest the next election from constituencies which are military strongholds in Pindi and FATA.

People might find these statements bizarre but it's all part of a very carefully crafted strongman image.
    Neither of them is contesting elections. Especially not Shoaib haha. Shoaib makes statements for the attention.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What an embarassing cricketer. He should take some Gentlemanly classes from Kane Williamson.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    His interviews are boring and repetitive now. I dont even watch them anymore

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    Because hindus are allowed to use that word without fear as the religion teaches that each of us comes from God and go back into Him after achieving moksha

Hindu is more spiritually evolved than the child like concept of heaven and hell and rivers of milk and honey or rewarding or punishing people

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Because hindus are allowed to use that word without fear as the religion teaches that each of us comes from God and go back into Him after achieving moksha

Hindu is more spiritually evolved than the child like concept of heaven and hell and rivers of milk and honey or rewarding or punishing people
    why do Hindus kill poor butchers and traders on 'suspicion' of them selling beef then? Clearly lot of evolving to go there?

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well.

You don't become the fastest bowler on earth with a timid or meek attitude.

The bowler everyone feared. Who inspired a generation of cricketers. Won us countless matches.

Of course he's a narcissist and a person with attitude.

Express pace bowlers who know how to instill fear in others have to be like that.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    he really is losing stuff

i genuinely think that, like kanye, he has bipolar disorder and is at the starting of it in past couple of years.

even if you observe their behavior he is following a similar trajectory. Kanye's was more pronounced because he could point to the present (since musicians dont age out similarly)
    I hope Shoaib doesn't go all Kanye, it would be so sad.

I genuinely feel pity for Kanye. He's completely lost it.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I know the inside story of what happened on the next day, I’m from Pindi and I know GHQ.”

“I had a 175,000 pound contract with Nottingham. Then in 2002 I had another big contract. I left both when Kargil happened. I stood on the outskirts of Lahore. A general asked me what I’m doing there. I said a war is about to start and we’ll die together. I left county twice like this and the counties were shocked. I wasn’t concerned about that. I called up my friends in Kashmir and told them I am ready to fight.”

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Well.

The bowler everyone feared. Who inspired a generation of cricketers. Won us countless matches.

Express pace bowlers who know how to instill fear in others have to be like that.
    Assuming you're not trolling, I'm a huge Shoaib Akhtar fan but come on bro, he's getting more and more cringy.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I used to bunked classes to watch him bowl, was his craziest fan. I had a whole album of shoaib pictures, pictures on mug and two wall posters on my room wall. Now I really feel sorry for him

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    What an embarassing cricketer. He should take some Gentlemanly classes from Kane Williamson.
    LOL Indians can keep crying he used to scare your players a lot.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible Gujjar View Post
    Nothing about crying - its simply manners when speaking about fellow cricketers. Its crass and doesnt suit an international cricketer.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Akhtar averages 35 with ball vs India and that is what matters.

What is more embarrassing though is people finding sense in Akhtar's non-sense. I am afraid he has become a joke these days and is tarnishing his legacy.
    Last edited by MenInG; 2nd August 2020 at 13:14.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Nothing about crying - its simply manners when speaking about fellow cricketers. Its crass and doesnt suit an international cricketer.
    He doesn't need manners he was the fastest bowler to play the game.His attitude obviously gonna be different from others. Fast bowling is unique not everyone possess this skill.He is allowed to have a bit of attitude.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Akhtar averages 35 with ball vs India and that is what matters.

What is more embarrassing though is people finding sense in Akhtar's non-sense. I am afraid he has become a joke these days and is tarnishing his legacy.
    You Indians were praising him when he was saying nice things about india but now he has said few things which were not nice Indians have started bashing him.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy has totally lost it.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the biggest idiot of our cricket.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You Indians were praising him when he was saying nice things about india but now he has said few things which were not nice Indians have started bashing him.
    No one was praising him Gujjar sahab.

We were just laughing at his antics and his very apparent suck ups to India for some $$.
    Everyone and their dog knows the mental capacity of Shoaib Akhtar and what to expect from him.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sachin is the best batsman I have ever seen.
    Last edited by MenInG; 2nd August 2020 at 18:44.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Fans praise him for his bowling skills and his willingness to always bowl fast. However, the stuffs that he has come up with over the past few months are absymal.

There is a difference in mannerism in social media of an international cricketer and a troll. Of late, he seems to be acting like latter and he rightly deserves criticism for that.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    "I had a 175,000 pound contract with Nottingham. Then in 2002 I had another big contract. I left both when Kargil happened. I stood on the outskirts of Lahore. A general asked me what I’m doing there. I said a war is about to start and we’ll die together. I left county twice like this and the counties were shocked. I wasn’t concerned about that. I called up my friends in Kashmir and told them I am ready to fight.”
    "Who is Pakistan’s best actor?

Akhtar: Me. I played while being injured but I would pretend that I wasn’t hurt."

This is one of the greatest interviews he's ever given. Period.
    Last edited by kingusama92; 2nd August 2020 at 14:07.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    (Sehwag said something to you about Tendulkar?) 典here痴 nothing like that. Would he survive after saying something like that to me? Would I leave him? I would beat him up in the ground and then at the hotel.

I don稚 doubt this one bit.
    Sehwag said what he said and Akhtar couldn't do jack. Got thrashed in the match.

Talk is cheap, like Akhtar.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I still love the absolute entertainment he provides. He is a showman and he knows it

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Sehwag said what he said and Akhtar couldn't do jack. Got thrashed in the match.

But he never said it. Sehwag is a well known bullsh***er who knows how to fool the gullible Indian public like many others.

The truth is, even Umar Gul or Mohammad Sami would bury Sehwag or anyone alive if you say something like that in the heat of the moment.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    why do Hindus kill poor butchers and traders on 'suspicion' of them selling beef then? Clearly lot of evolving to go there?
    because as everywhere else, right wingers are trying to hijack our peaceful religion and make it a copy of other religion. This pattern has always been repeatrd in history. When the world is peaceful for a few decades, people get complacent and right wing rises in multiple countries. Then common people reach their limit, rise up and thrash these people back to hiding.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    But he never said it. Sehwag is a well known bullsh***er who knows how to fool the gullible Indian public like many others.

The truth is, even Umar Gul or Mohammad Sami would bury Sehwag or anyone alive if you say something like that in the heat of the moment.
    So your claim is that cricketers will beat each other on the cricket field. Soemthing which has never happened in the hsitory of modern cricket. Thats your claim. That on being sledged a cricketter will risk his whole career and physically beat up a batsman. How does that make any sense?

There is a good chance entire team will get blacklisted if sometjing like this even happens
    Last edited by Indiafan; 2nd August 2020 at 14:28.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shoaib shouldnt be taken too seriously n really shouldnt be getting any attention Listen to his words in one ear n out the other

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Some of my fellow Indian fans be like 'ab shoaib ke channel ki kheriyat nahi'.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    So your claim is that cricketers will beat each other on the cricket field. Soemthing which has never happened in the hsitory of modern cricket. Thats your claim. That on being sledged a cricketter will risk his whole career and physically beat up a batsman. How does that make any sense?

There is a good chance entire team will get blacklisted if sometjing like this even happens
    My claim is he never said it in the first place. And he knew that he could lie on an Indian program with an Indian audience and get away with it.

Indian masala specialists seem to have a habit of concocting epic punchlines for dramatic purposes.

And yes, I recon Shoaib or anyone would not tolerate a crass comment like tera baap...in a heated exchange. And yes, Shoaib would beat up a person like Sehwag if such a comment did actually pass in such a situation, it won’t settle down until the two will be behind the cameras in the hotel. You really wouldn’t say a stupid thing like that to anyone.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The funny thing is,

We have @ss clowns like Major Gaurav Arya here who claim that Sehwag actually abused Shoaib like that in a match, but nobody has ever produced a video to back the initial claim of Sehwag being beaten repeatedly by Shoaib with a short ball, only for Sachin to take it on in the next over or so for 6, in a Test match.

Let’s actually see this passage of play first before we consider verifying Segway’s Yash Raj Films script

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    This guy has totally lost it.
    I like him actually...he has got an unique personality. Star Sports must do some concession and re-hire him on the commentary panel. He is craving for attention anyway and him & Sehwag will form a deadly duo in hindi commentary

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    I like him actually...he has got an unique personality. Star Sports must do some concession and re-hire him on the commentary panel. He is craving for attention anyway and him & Sehwag will form a deadly duo in hindi commentary
    He will throw more gems

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    There is no such thing as bad publicity - Shoaib believes in it and his popularity on YouTube etc shows that.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one thing he has clearly demonstrated time and time again is that he should never be hired for a managerial or coaching position by the pcb or any other franchise. He is completely unfit mentally to be allowed near any youngster.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Shoaib just wants to create headlines that's all.
    The hype has gone down so now he reverted to his old tactics of talking crass about tendu and sehwag which will again bring him into the news.
    I won't be surprised if in the next video he again sings praises of indian cricketers.

Secondly, some posters here are still living in stone age.
    No cricketer will ever dare to lay hands on the other,they will get a lifetime ban.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Daleri
    Badmashi
    Janbaazi

It's what makes Shoaib Akhtar a great and a legend.

I'm the most hardcore Sachinist and I don't mind anything Shabby says because it's his zindadili and frank nature that make him great.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sehwag has buried the likes of Sami, akhtar and gul when and where it mattered . Doesnt matter whether what he said was true or not. Your hapless bowlers couldn't do anything against him on the pitch so their cheap talks dont hold much weight

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Agree.

I remember once he said something along the lines of "Sachin se maar khana sawab ki baat hain" and now he's saying this.

The guy is smart and opportunistic and there's nothing wrong with it.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Neither of them is contesting elections. Especially not Shoaib haha. Shoaib makes statements for the attention.
    They're both contesting unless one of them makes a major blunder and the establishment pulls the plug on them.

"I know the inside story of what happened on the next day, I’m from Pindi and I know GHQ.”

Shoaib isn't even hiding anything hear about being an establishment puppet.

He does make statements for attention but that's because he needs the attention to stay relevant and provide utility to his backers.

He's always had a habit of making such statements similar to Trump and has always had an eye on politics as well.

The passion and the flame is ignited, you can't stop us once we light it!

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Sehwag has buried the likes of Sami, akhtar and gul when and where it mattered . Doesnt matter whether what he said was true or not. Your hapless bowlers couldn't do anything against him on the pitch so their cheap talks dont hold much weight
    Yeah no. Rana says hi!

Whenever it swung a millimetre we all know what happened to Sehwag

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yeah no. Rana says hi!

Whenever it swung a millimetre we all know what happened to Sehwag
    We arfe talking about test matches Average of 90 and Strike rate of 80. He was Bradman and Viv rolled into one against

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Jeddah, Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoaib being Shoaib. I don't even know why people are surprised anymore. He's a great fast bowler who is narcissistic and doesn't mind controversy. That's all he is. Don't take him too seriously.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    We arfe talking about test matches Average of 90 and Strike rate of 80. He was Bradman and Viv rolled into one against
    Again, in those test series 450+ was the par score. Flat tracks and all that.

What were Afridi or YK stats?

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Well.

I'm still waiting for Shoaib to provide evidence of discrimination against Danish Kaneria within the Pakistan team. Who are those "1 or 2 black sheep" who wouldn't sit and eat with Kaneria at a table ? If he was this brave, fearless alpha male his supporters claim he is, why hasn't he named names ?

To hijack the very real issue of minority discrimination in Pakistan for sake of clicks and gaining subscribers was a new low even for Actor.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    546 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Again, in those test series 450+ was the par score. Flat tracks and all that.

What were Afridi or YK stats?
    They were 450+ scores because of Sehwag.

Take the Multan game for example - he scored 309 and India put up a total of 675/5 (d).

Pakistan in two innings couldn't reach this target, scoring 407/10 and 216/10. This was a Pakistan featuring Inzamam, Mohammad Yousuf, etc.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shams123 View Post
    The one thing he has clearly demonstrated time and time again is that he should never be hired for a managerial or coaching position by the pcb or any other franchise. He is completely unfit mentally to be allowed near any youngster.
    Why not? When he will do it for free.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an Indian I have zero problesm with what Shoaib is saying. His opinion.

But I do feel that he has a movie running in his head where he's at the perpetual centre of a wide angle lens with surround sound music. For example the below

Shoaib Akhtar on TV:
    Examine his statements, first for veracity:

"I had a 175,000 pound contract with Nottingham. Then in 2002 I had another big contract. I left both when Kargil happened". Kargil happened in 1999.

Then for the sheer adolescent, vanity, fantasy trope

" I stood on the outskirts of Lahore". Stood how? Did you drive to the outskirts? Took a bus? Said hello to the rustics, while you stood there? Did you stand there with an AK-47 sucking in diesel fumes and the dust of passing trucks? Were there legions of the brave in serried ranks of green and gold behind you at the time? Was a band playing?

"A general asked me what I’m doing there. I said a war is about to start and we’ll die together". Was the general on a morning walk then when he encountered you? Was it too demeaning for a captain to have asked this question?

This is how adolescents picture the world.

I was a huge Akhtar fan when he played, and I am still very fond of him. But he's never grown up.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    546 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What the!! Woh tera "peo"gujjar hai.LOL you can call him whatever you want people of trundler country you are jealous of him.He has been the fastest bowler ever and he will remain the fastest bowler ever.Indians are jealous of him.
    I stick to my statement - there are at least 75 bowlers in contemporary test and ODI cricket who are better than Akhtar, and apart from bowling the fastest delivery a couple of times, he doesn't have any real clame to fame. Pakistan itself has produced way better bowlers than him, so don't understand why you have to rush to his defence to such an extent.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryin Out Loud View Post
    As an Indian I have zero problesm with what Shoaib is saying. His opinion.

But I do feel that he has a movie running in his head where he’s at the perpetual centre of a wide angle lens with surround sound music. For example the below

Examine his statements, first for veracity:

“I had a 175,000 pound contract with Nottingham. Then in 2002 I had another big contract. I left both when Kargil happened”. Kargil happened in 1999.
    About this contract with Nottinghamshire.

In 2008, he said: “I have had those sore memories of Nottinghamshire. I was so desperate to play at that time but suffered injury on the tour of the West Indies. May be it was not in my destiny.”

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    About this contract with Nottinghamshire.
    Yeah thanks for digging that up.

I stick to my statement - there are at least 75 bowlers in contemporary test and ODI cricket who are better than Akhtar, and apart from bowling the fastest delivery a couple of times, he doesn't have any real clame to fame. Pakistan itself has produced way better bowlers than him, so don't understand why you have to rush to his defence to such an extent.
    I guess because you had to watch him bowl. Akhtar coming in full pelt was such a glorious sight to see. That absurdly long run up, that powered run in, that absolute effort into every ball, the batsman never sure what was going to happen. He was my guilty pleasure in fast bowling- unlikely to last, but savage poetry in motion when he got going, uncomparable.

Unlike any other oppo bowler, I found myself rooting for him when he was playing against India.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    They were 450+ scores because of Sehwag.

Take the Multan game for example - he scored 309 and India put up a total of 675/5 (d).

Pakistan in two innings couldn't reach this target, scoring 407/10 and 216/10. This was a Pakistan featuring Inzamam, Mohammad Yousuf, etc.
    So? What happened in Karachi test when Pak were down 3 in 1st over and Faisal Iqbal, of all people, smashed your trundler brigade?

We could go on and on...

Fact is, whenever there was hint of swing or helpful bowling conditions Sehwag went missing!

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are Pakistani fans (of all people) downplaying Sehwag? Really? He may have been poor against other teams facing swing bowling but absolutely tormented Pakistani bowlers whenever played. Even during the fag end of his career (2011 WC), he took apart their most inform bowler of the tournament. Test avg of 90 with a strike rate of 80 is epic (irrespective of he can play swing or not). Looks like some people have short memories.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post

Sehwag story has been proven false multiple times though. He claimed the incident happened in a test match after Sachin hit Shoaib for a six. A simple stat search would show that Sachin has never hit Akhtar for a six in a test match.

So Akhtar didn稚 do 屠ack because Shewag didn稚 say anything and lied lol.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    546 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    Sehwag story has been proven false multiple times though. He claimed the incident happened in a test match after Sachin hit Shoaib for a six. A simple stat search would show that Sachin has never hit Akhtar for a six in a test match.

So Akhtar didn’t do “jack” because Shewag didn’t say anything and lied lol.
    Is it reasonable to assume Sehwag misspoke and was actually referring to an ODI? The India - Pakistan 2003 WC game, maybe?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Is it reasonable to assume Sehwag misspoke and was actually referring to an ODI? The India - Pakistan 2003 WC game, maybe?
    Its reasonable to assume anything when we have the intellectual capacities of Akhtar and Sehwag at play.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    546 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Its reasonable to assume anything when we have the intellectual capacities of Akhtar and Sehwag at play.
    Fair call, but Akhtar is a special kind of loose cannon.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe but he went into great details and said that Sachin was batting on 200* and said it was a test match. In 2003 WC Sehwag was out early and IIRC wasn稚 on the crease for most of Sachin痴 innings.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair call, but Akhtar is a special kind of loose cannon.
    Akhtar is pretty bad but he is not at Sehwag痴 level. Sehwag has spread hate against Muslims though his misleading tweets. Knowing how India/Pakistan work, Sehwag tweets could have lead to violence. Sehwag also started a harassment campaign against a teenage girl. Akhtar may be an idiot but he is not a hate monger.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/vire...ogises-1816825

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1340770...-session?amp=1

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jino View Post
    I am pretty sure the word God coined to Sachin in mid to late 2000. Shoaib played Sachin in 1999.
    Some kind?, this guy is a classic narcissistic personality disorder.. Megalomaniac par excellence.
    He is one of the main examples i use when teaching student about NPD. (im a shrink). Ticks every single box, not to mention a healthy dose of antisocial traits as well.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Akhtar may have an ego but he said most of this in good fun as it was a special Eid interview.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Los Santos
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunge101 View Post
    Some kind?, this guy is a classic narcissistic personality disorder.. Megalomaniac par excellence.
    He is one of the main examples i use when teaching student about NPD. (im a shrink). Ticks every single box, not to mention a healthy dose of antisocial traits as well.
    Modi is a better example.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Knowing Asian ego and how they hate snakey characters like Sehwag, I知 sure even Shabbir Ahmed would beat the daylights out of him.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the!! Woh tera "peo"gujjar hai.LOL you can call him whatever you want people of trundler country you are jealous of him.He has been the fastest bowler ever and he will remain the fastest bowler ever.Indians are jealous of him.
    wah wah. trundler nobody somebody phassst bowling talunt. best world bowler phassst ego only. big chest. freak. akthar.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoaib makes me cringe with his comments. What I do remember is Sachin with his bat beating him up like his grandpa!

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is loosing it, probably the Covid lockdown playing tricks with his mind.