Wisden Cricket Monthly

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 119 of 119
  1. #81
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    19,789
    Mentioned
    500 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Knowing Asian ego and how they hate snakey characters like Sehwag, I’m sure even Shabbir Ahmed would beat the daylights out of him.
    LOL, just move on. Sehwag won this round several times over and 15 years ago. How desperate do you have to be that after 15 years of watching him average 90 at a crazy run-rate you can only counter with some fake threat featuring a never has been like Shabbir Ahmed?

    Sehwag 300 - Pakistan 0
    Last edited by MenInG; 3rd August 2020 at 13:13.


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  2. #82
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    10,521
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoaib was a show pony! He admits himself that he started bowling fast to impress the ladies.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  3. #83
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    86,889
    Mentioned
    6644 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Sehwag smashed the living daylights out Shoaib and other Pakistani bowlers in Test cricket. That is all that matters.

    He was too good for our bowlers and terrorized us more than any batsman in the 2000s.

    We can talk about Shoaib痴 physical superiority as much as we want, but the only thing that matters is the fact that Sehwag averaged 90+ while facing Shoaib on the pitch.

    A lot of resentment that Pakistani players and fans have for Sehwag is because of how much he frustrated us during his playing days, and the fact that he mocks us now only adds insult to injury.

    He does have the right to mock us because we were just a joke for him.

  4. #84
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    21,845
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    LOL, just move on. Sehwag won this round several times over and 15 years ago. How desperate do you have to be that after 15 years of watching him average 90 at a crazy run-rate you can only counter with some fake threat featuring a never has been like Shabbir Ahmed?

    Sehwag 300 - Pakistan 0
    I’m not sure anyone bothered to bring this question up in public to Shoaib. But the truth is, where would Sehwag hide after saying such a thing? He can’t hide behind his computer or mobile phone like he does right now.

  5. #85
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    19,789
    Mentioned
    500 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    A lot of resentment that Pakistani players and fans have for Sehwag is because of how much he frustrated us during his playing days, and the fact that he mocks us now only adds insult to injury.
    I don't know why there should be resentment - isn't some respect warranted?

    For example, Ponting used to murder us but all these years later I and I'm sure most Indian fans tip our hats off to what is an ATG cricketer.


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  6. #86
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    86,889
    Mentioned
    6644 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    I don't know why there should be resentment - isn't some respect warranted?

    For example, Ponting used to murder us but all these years later I and I'm sure most Indian fans tip our hats off to what is an ATG cricketer.
    It is hard for us to respect Indian players. Moreover, when an Indian players trolls us after demolishing us on the field, it is hard to not develop resentment.

  7. #87
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    86,889
    Mentioned
    6644 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Sehwag:

    8,586 Test runs.

    Average of 91 vs Pakistan.

    Akhtar:

    178 Test wickets.

    Average of 34 vs India.

    Pakistani fans:

    Akhtar would knock Sehwag out in a street fight.

  8. #88
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    554
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    I don't know why there should be resentment - isn't some respect warranted?

    For example, Ponting used to murder us but all these years later I and I'm sure most Indian fans tip our hats off to what is an ATG cricketer.
    Difference is Ponting is a normal person and seems to have moved on. While Sehwag seems obsessed with Pakistan going by his past tweets and made up stories. My personal opinion is that Pakistanis should ignore him but if you desperately seek attention and act like a twitter troll then I guess a loss of respect would be a normal consequence.

    Dravid also scored a lot against Pakistan, do you see resentment for him?

  9. #89
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    554
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Sehwag:

    8,586 Test runs.

    Average of 91 vs Pakistan.

    Akhtar:

    178 Test wickets.

    Average of 34 vs India.

    Pakistani fans:

    Akhtar would knock Sehwag out in a street fight.
    This thread isn稚 about stats or who did better though is it? So how is any of that relevant lol? While the street fight comments are ridiculous, they are more relevant to this thread than stats.

  10. #90
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    554
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Sehwag smashed the living daylights out Shoaib and other Pakistani bowlers in Test cricket. That is all that matters.

    He was too good for our bowlers and terrorized us more than any batsman in the 2000s.

    We can talk about Shoaib痴 physical superiority as much as we want, but the only thing that matters is the fact that Sehwag averaged 90+ while facing Shoaib on the pitch.

    A lot of resentment that Pakistani players and fans have for Sehwag is because of how much he frustrated us during his playing days, and the fact that he mocks us now only adds insult to injury.

    He does have the right to mock us because we were just a joke for him.
    Interesting logic. Younis Khan averaged nearly 90 against India in test cricket IIRC. So you think it would be fine for to him to start ranting against India because they were just a 屠oke for him?

  11. #91
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    3,995
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    I don't know why there should be resentment - isn't some respect warranted?

    For example, Ponting used to murder us but all these years later I and I'm sure most Indian fans tip our hats off to what is an ATG cricketer.
    ponting? murder? where in australia I suppose. he sucks in india.

    He is ATG odi player but not a true test great. Truth probably hurts but we'll that is the truth....

  12. #92
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    21,845
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    Interesting logic. Younis Khan averaged nearly 90 against India in test cricket IIRC. So you think it would be fine for to him to start ranting against India because they were just a “joke” for him?
    Same for Saeed Anwar

    Indian bowlers were his whipping Boys.

  13. #93
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    3,995
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I知 not sure anyone bothered to bring this question up in public to Shoaib. But the truth is, where would Sehwag hide after saying such a thing? He can稚 hide behind his computer or mobile phone like he does right now.
    why do you think some ballooned up beach muscled shoaib could actually knock shewag out? his endurance is quite bad.

    bodybuilders are horrible at mma fighting.

    Not that shewag has the ideal physique for combat but I would not be surprised is shewag has better cardio than shoaib.
    Last edited by tyron_woodley; 3rd August 2020 at 13:59.

  14. #94
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    21,845
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shahid Afridi has every right to mock, abuse and disrespect Indian bowlers after that Kanpur innings. What atrocious filth!

    Let’s all give players rights to publicly abuse others on the basis of good performance.

  15. #95
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    16,467
    Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyron_woodley View Post
    why do you think some ballooned up beach muscled shoaib could actually knock shewag out? his endurance is quite bad.
    Yeah Shoaib was only good at beating up team mates with cricket bats after taking PED's or shoving old men like Bob woolmer. Such a tough guy! I'm sure his hardcore fans are very proud of this


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  16. #96
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    21,845
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyron_woodley View Post
    why do you think some ballooned up beach muscled shoaib could actually knock shewag out? his endurance is quite bad.

    bodybuilders are horrible at mma fighting.

    Not that shewag has the ideal physique for combat but I would not be surprised is shewag has better cardio than shoaib.
    OMG you actually wrote this as your response.

  17. #97
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    19,789
    Mentioned
    500 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Let’s all give players rights to publicly abuse others on the basis of good performance.
    Just to be clear - the only one saying this is you.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    21,845
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Sehwag:

    8,586 Test runs.

    Average of 91 vs Pakistan.

    Akhtar:

    178 Test wickets.

    Average of 34 vs India.

    Pakistani fans:

    Akhtar would knock Sehwag out in a street fight.
    Sehwag is a bull......

    Prove his claim, with such logic and wisdom. What he said never happened in the first place.

  19. #99
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    16,467
    Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Shahid Afridi has every right to mock, abuse and disrespect Indian bowlers after that Kanpur innings. What atrocious filth!

    Let’s all give players rights to publicly abuse others on the basis of good performance.
    Averaged 25 with bat and 60 with the ball against arch-rivals. What a champion cricketer. Certainly has bragging rights!


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  20. #100
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    21,845
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Just to be clear - the only one saying this is you.
    No, don’t ignore posts of your grandmaster on this forum now


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham


  21. #101
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    554
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to say I find the who would win a fight comments childish but it’s amazing to see that some Indians fans are so devoted that they think someone like Sehwag could best Akhtar in a fight lol. I guess you can’t argue against such devotion.

  22. #102
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    3,995
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    34 average vs india in those pitches is pretty decent to be honest.

  23. #103
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    554
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Just to be clear - the only one saying this is you.
    Do you have @Mamoon on your ignore list or do you not read his post?

  24. #104
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    16,467
    Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Sehwag:

    8,586 Test runs.

    Average of 91 vs Pakistan.

    Akhtar:

    178 Test wickets.

    Average of 34 vs India.

    Pakistani fans:

    Akhtar would knock Sehwag out in a street fight.
    Not to mention begging captain Waqar Younis to take him out of the attack after getting hit for a couple of boundaries. What a fast bowler


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  25. #105
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    10,521
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sehwag did his talking with the bat although should have seen his face after the CT final walloping we gave his boy's. That was a very harsh lesson to him in humility, since then his arrogance has disappeared. Shoaib is weird calling for an Indo-Pak charity match during the covid 19. He does his talking on the youtube.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  26. #106
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    554
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Same for Saeed Anwar

    Indian bowlers were his whipping Boys.
    I think even Butt averaged over fifty against India and I believe Nasir Jamshed has an average of over 100 with three tons against India in ODI cricket. I guess by logic used here, they have the right to abuse India now.

  27. #107
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    132,779
    Mentioned
    2564 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Please stop posting scenarios of players beating each other!

    Childish and not needed.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  28. #108
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    3,995
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    I think even Butt averaged over fifty against India and I believe Nasir Jamshed has an average of over 100 with three tons against India in ODI cricket. I guess by logic used here, they have the right to abuse India now.
    yes they do? why not? go ahead. please. Tell them to do it.

  29. #109
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,498
    Mentioned
    1781 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Sehwag owned Akhtar in the game.

    @Rana. Akhtar would beat him.

    Laughable.

  30. #110
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    21,845
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Sehwag owned Akhtar in the game.

    @Rana. Akhtar would beat him.

    Laughable.
    What game are you talking about? Akhtar has owned all of your Indian legends plenty of times in matches.

    Besides, where is the proof that Sehwag was telling the truth about Sachin pulling him for a 6?

  31. #111
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    21,845
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On two occasions Sehwag went on a marathon run against our bowlers.

    1. 309 in 2004, Sachin did not hit a 6

    2. Sehwag 254 at Lahore, Sachin did not bat

    What is Sehwag talking about here?

    https://youtu.be/NuEGf854vjA

  32. #112
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,498
    Mentioned
    1781 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    What game are you talking about? Akhtar has owned all of your Indian legends plenty of times in matches.

    Besides, where is the proof that Sehwag was telling the truth about Sachin pulling him for a 6?
    Avging 91 against pakistan.

    Akhtar avgs 34 against India, much more than his career avg.

    Akhtar can make all his cheap comments on YouTube. In the real game Sehwag owned him.

    And yes, he didnt have the aukaat to touch sehwag. Or for that any opposition player.

  33. #113
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    21,845
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So until Indian fans can verify Sehwag’s claim of Sachin hitting a 6, I would say that Shoaib walks away on top just like Pakistan walked away on top in the CT final 2017.

    Sehwag does not have the credibility to trash talk.
    Last edited by MenInG; 3rd August 2020 at 17:35.

  34. #114
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    21,845
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At the end of the day, Shoaib has been blessed with an abundance of wealth that is an equivalent to the abundance of baldness that Sehwag is blessed with.

  35. #115
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    12,884
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoaib has a few screws missing and a poor grasp of his own history. He was pretty much a failure in county to the point that some of his coaches said they never want a player like him around the side again. To tru and rewrite history and spin it into patriotric propaganda is a sign of his poor mental state. What exactly was he hoping to have achieved in Cargil war? Limped after the Indian army while huffing and puffing?

    Coming to the topic of Shoaib vs India. Forget the records but to me as a Pakistani fan I have two distinct memories. One is where he ran through the Indian batting line up during that famous test match and the other more vivid one is when Tendulkar spanked him all over the park during the WC. So he should keep his mouth firmly shut.

  36. #116
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    16,467
    Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    At the end of the day, Shoaib has been blessed with an abundance of wealth that is an equivalent to the abundance of baldness that Sehwag is blessed with.
    So now we are comparing the amount of hair on their heads now.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  37. #117
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    25,027
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Averaged 25 with bat and 60 with the ball against arch-rivals. What a champion cricketer. Certainly has bragging rights!
    I wish he carried on till 2019 WC.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  38. #118
    Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    3,800
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe the grown *** men here talking about who would beat whom in a street fight.

    Unless they're actually pre -teens/ teens.

  39. #119
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    132,779
    Mentioned
    2564 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Former Pakistani fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar, known for his blistering deliveries on the cricket field, recently baffled many with a deadly off-field bouncer by claiming he is willing to eat grass if it enabled an increase in budget for his country's army!

    "If Allah ever gives me the authority, I will eat grass myself but I will increase the budget of the army," said Akhtar in an interview with ARY News.

    The 'Rawalpindi Express', considered the fastest bowler in history said he does not understand why the civilian sector cannot work in collaboration with the Armed forces.

    "I will ask my army chief to sit with me and make decisions. If the budget is 20 per cent, I will make it 60 per cent. If we insult each other, the loss is ours only," the once feared fast-bowler said.

    Akthar had also claimed in the interview that he was willing to take a bullet for his country and had turned down a county stint just because he wanted to fight the 1999 Kargil War.

    Ties between India and Pakistan have been strained in the recent months over several issues, the latest being Pakistan's attempt to broach in the UNSC the issue of Kashmir on the first anniversary of the India's move to scrap the special status of Jammu and Kashmir and to split the erstwhile state into two union territories.

    Pakistan also has not been in a good financial position and under Prime Minister Imran Khan, himself an all-rounder cricketer, has added nearly $US22 billion, that is 35 per cent to the nation's international debt pile in the last two years, according to an Asia Times report in July.

    While Pakistan recently received $US1.39 billion from the IMF to cushion the economic shocks caused due to COVID-19 outbreak, Akthar had a few months ago proposed that a joint cricket match be played between India and Pakistan to raise funds to fight the coronavirus. The suggestion that was put down by cricketers in India.

    Meanwhile the 'Pindi boy' whose deadly pace and bounce was once dreaded by batsmen had recently taken to Twitter to deny former India cricketer Virender Sehwag's claim of sledging him.

    Sehwag along with other Indian cricketers such as Harbhajan Singh and even Rahul Dravid had been at the receiving end of Akthar's sledging and antics during their playing days.

    "Yes, totally self-made story by him. 閃ujhe yeh bol k bach k jana kidhar tha us nay, Akthar tweeted to a report in which Sehwag claimed that he had sledged the 'Rawalpindi Express' by telling him that Sachin Tendulkar was his father.

    During an awards ceremony Sehwag had recounted that fed up with Akthar's sledging and retaliated by telling him to say the same things to Tendulkar, who smashed the bowler for a six. Sehwag quipped that he told Akthar then that 腺aap baap hota hai.

    In the recent interview to ARY, asked about the allegation made against him by Sehwag that he makes pro-India comments for greater following on social media channels, Akhtar said, "I cannot talk on the basis of hate."

    https://m.rediff.com/cricket/report/...r/20200807.htm


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •