Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 83
  1. #1
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,276
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    PPCL (Season 2) | Tournament Rules and Discussion Thread

    PPCL is strategic team game. The software we use is "Cricket Heroes" which was developed by Kurt.

    At present PPCL organizers include. @jeetu , @Batman , @world cup captain , @The Viper and @MenInG.

    Tournament
    PPCL will have 3 types of matches
    1. Tests
    2. ODI
    3. T20

    Team structure
    Every team will have Captain and Vice Captain. They will be the in-charge of the team. Their duties will include TeamLineup , Penalty , Toss , Pitch Type selection etc.
    Before the start of the tournament they will assign contracts to players which will have great effect on players performance.
    Every squad will have 15 players (including International players).

    Rules
    While banter is encouraged , players are requested to adhere to PP rules (no bad language) or they will risk get banned.


    Penalty
    This season will using Penalty instead of boosts.
    Penalty would work as a temporary skill downgrade.

    Each team will be given 600 penalty points till mid season.
    Penalty points reduces batting/bowling skill for the match.
    Penalty points will be combined for all 3 formats.

    Rules regarding Penalty Points -
    1. A team is allowed maximum penalty of 60 points in a match.
    2. A Bowler cannot be penalized for Batting skills.
    Note - Any player in a team can be penalize even including International player.
    3. Penalty points can't be carried over after mid season.
    4. In mid season each team will be again given 600 penalty points.
    5. These penalty points won't be carried over to knockout matches.
    6. For knockout matches each team will be given 40 mendatory penalty points per match.
    7. Penalty Points can only be 10 , 20 , 30 , 40 , 50 or 60 points.
    8. No player can have Bat-Skill lower than 20 after Penalty Points
    9. No Bowler/AR can have Bowl-Skill less than 40 after Penalty Points
    10. It is mandatory that team use up all the Penalty points. Failing that team will lose points on final table for all 3 formats.


    Each team will play 15 matches before Mid Season break (5 Tests , 5 ODI and 5 T20)

    During Mid Season break
    Captains will be allowed to
    1. Exchange 3 International player from left over pool.
    2. 4 Contract swap
    3. 5 Player Role changes

    Finals
    Finals will take place in BatWorld Stadium (neutral pitch , with average swing , seam and spin)
    Higher ranked team ( in points table) will call the toss.
    Trivia - Batworld stadium is tribute to our organizers Batman and World Cup Captain


    Contracts
    Each team will have 3 Gold contract (95 skill)5 Silver contract (85 skill) at the start of season.
    Rest will have Regular contract (75 skills) and International contract (75 skill).

    Contract Types
    There are 6 contracts in all.
    Gold , Silver , Regular and International , Double Gold and Double Silver
    Note - Double Contracts costs twice and can only be given to AR

    Contract Role Bat Skill Bowl Skill
    Gold Batsman 95 0
    Gold Bowler 40 95
    Gold Bat AR 85 75
    Gold Pure AR 80 80
    Gold Bowl AR 75 85

    Contract Role Bat Skill Bowl Skill
    Silver Batsman 85 0
    Silver Bowler 30 85
    Silver Bat AR 75 65
    Silver Pure AR 70 70
    Silver Bowl AR 65 75

    Contract Role Bat Skill Bowl Skill
    Regular Batsman 75 0
    Regular Bowler 0 75
    Regular Bat AR 65 55
    Regular Pure AR 60 60
    Regular Bowl AR 55 65

    Contract Role Bat Skill Bowl Skill
    International Batsman 75 0
    International Bowler 0 75
    International Bat AR 65 55
    International Pure AR 60 60
    International Bowl AR 55 65

    Contract Role Bat Skill Bowl Skill
    DoubleGold Bat AR 95 95
    DoubleGold Pure AR 95 95
    DoubleGold Bowl AR 95 95

    Contract Role Bat Skill Bowl Skill
    DoubleSilver Bat AR 85 85
    DoubleSilver Pure AR 85 85
    DoubleSilver Bowl AR 85 85

    International player will be same as last season.
    There are 284 International Players to choose from
    53 AR , 115 Batsman , 88 Bowlers and 28 Wicketkeepers

    Note - International Players can be given Gold or Silver contract

    Stadium and Pitch Type
    Each captain will provide a acceptable name his home stadium.
    Each captain will provide the range of Bounce , Seam , Swing and Spin for the stadium. Value can be 0.8 , 0.9 , 1.0 , 1.1 , 1.2
    Also Deterioration with value ( 0.05 , 0.10 , 0.20 , 0.30 or 0.4)

    Batking Stadium Values (For Finals)
    Name Batking Stadium
    Bounce 1.1
    Swing 1.1
    Seam 1.1
    Spin 1.1
    Deterioration 0.1


    Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,276
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    For example Intial starting XI

    Batman 1 95 0 (Gold)
    WK - 85 0 (Silver)
    Batman 2 75 0 (Regular)
    Batman 3 85 0 (Silver)
    Batsman 4 95 0 (Gold)
    Batsman 5 75 0 (Regular)
    Bowler 1 40 95 (Gold)
    Bowler 2 30 85 (Silver)
    Bowler 3 20 75 (Regular)
    Bowler 4 30 85 (Silver)
    Bowler 5 30 85 (Silver)
    This team has 3 95 player , 5 85 player , 3 75 player.

    If a team decide to use 40 penalty points then they have to post like

    Batman 1
    WK
    Batman 2 (-20 bat)
    Batman 3
    Batsman 4
    Batsman 5
    Bowler 1 (-20 ball)
    Bowler 2
    Bowler 3
    Bowler 4
    Bowler 5

    Limitation regarding penalty - bowler cannot be penalize on batting skills - For example Bowler 1 (-20 bat) is invalid


    Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,973
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Penalty Points should be interesting.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    10,215
    Mentioned
    907 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Penalty points is a great addition!

    Take note @Thunderbolt14.

    Btw I have a question: double Gold/Silver contract will count for two Gold/Silver contracts? @jeetu

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,973
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueez View Post
    Penalty points is a great addition!

    Take note @Thunderbolt14.

    Btw I have a question: double Gold/Silver contract will count for two Gold/Silver contracts? @jeetu
    Playing XI can have max 3 with 95 skills and 5 with 85 skills. its upto captains for deciding the distribution of 95 skills among players. Can be 95/95 AR + 95 batsman. or can be 3 bats with 95 skills. Same for 85 skills

    Penalty Points seniority culture

  6. #6
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,276
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    Playing XI can have max 3 with 95 skills and 5 with 85 skills. its upto captains for deciding the distribution of 95 skills among players. Can be 95/95 AR + 95 batsman. or can be 3 bats with 95 skills. Same for 85 skills

    Penalty Points seniority culture
    95/95 AR will consume 2 Gold Contracts. 85/85 AR will consume 2 Silver Contracts. If a team wish it could have 1 Double Gold Contract , 1 Gold , 2 Double Silver Contract and 1 Silver Contract and rest Regular Contract at the start.


    Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    4,077
    Mentioned
    1269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueez View Post
    Penalty points is a great addition!

    Take note @Thunderbolt14.

    Btw I have a question: double Gold/Silver contract will count for two Gold/Silver contracts? @jeetu
    Head is spinning dubara parhnay do

  8. #8
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    37,319
    Mentioned
    3473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Gonna have to penalize the inactive members


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    36,149
    Mentioned
    3678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Do you have to use all penalty points? What if you donít use any?

  10. #10
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    36,149
    Mentioned
    3678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Itís innovative will give you that but itís quite complicated not sure people will have time for all this

  11. #11
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    10,984
    Mentioned
    3206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Are these Gold, Silver, Double Gold and Double Silver contracts permanent or can be changed every game? @jeetu

  12. #12
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Jeddah, Melbourne
    Runs
    3,630
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Penalty points is quite the hassle tbh. Innovative yes, but another thing you have to ponder over and creates multiple scenarios. One question I have is that is there a quota of penalties to be used for each format/match?

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    4,077
    Mentioned
    1269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    To be honest in a fun league I donít like the idea of tagging a poster and telling them they are being penalized because they are inactive. It wonít boost interest and will make the league rather restricted

  14. #14
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    10,984
    Mentioned
    3206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    To be honest in a fun league I don’t like the idea of tagging a poster and telling them they are being penalized because they are inactive. It won’t boost interest and will make the league rather restricted
    Yes I concur. I don't mind it much because I am going to end up with a largely inactive team again.

    But really I would have preferred it old school, like the old contract system (AA, A, B, C), International players with different skill sets and limit on the number of games they can play, FC/LOI specialists etc.

    I would request @jeetu to reconsider this.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,276
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moh@n View Post
    Are these Gold, Silver, Double Gold and Double Silver contracts permanent or can be changed every game? @jeetu
    They are permanent.


    Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,276
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadi Rizvi View Post
    Penalty points is quite the hassle tbh. Innovative yes, but another thing you have to ponder over and creates multiple scenarios. One question I have is that is there a quota of penalties to be used for each format/match?
    You can go with 0 penalty points in a match. But you have to finish all of them before mid season.


    Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,276
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    To be honest in a fun league I don’t like the idea of tagging a poster and telling them they are being penalized because they are inactive. It won’t boost interest and will make the league rather restricted
    You can always penalize international players , i am sure they won't mind.


    Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,276
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moh@n View Post
    Yes I concur. I don't mind it much because I am going to end up with a largely inactive team again.

    But really I would have preferred it old school, like the old contract system (AA, A, B, C), International players with different skill sets and limit on the number of games they can play, FC/LOI specialists etc.

    I would request @jeetu to reconsider this.
    Old school system can be considered for season 3. If you think any values regarding number of gold , silver contract or number of penalty points needs to changed then i am willing to consider them.


    Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    37,319
    Mentioned
    3473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeetu View Post
    You can always penalize international players , i am sure they won't mind.


    This was so funny for some reason.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    36,149
    Mentioned
    3678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Bro @jeetu whatís the point of keeping the penalties system if most of captains arenít happy with it?


  21. #21
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    36,149
    Mentioned
    3678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Btw @Batman and @jeetu will there be a trade window after the draft and before the team submission before season starts?

  22. #22
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    10,261
    Mentioned
    3034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Interesting ..

  23. #23
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    10,261
    Mentioned
    3034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Penalty point will cause more flat pitches.. As you rarely need 5, 6, 7 batsman on phattas so we can always punish them on LOs, we can go full strength on FCs, so there will be tougher competitions in FC tournament..

  24. #24
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    10,261
    Mentioned
    3034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    BTW didn't understand pitch attribute system.. Those 1 or 1.1 out of? @jeetu?

  25. #25
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,276
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    BTW didn't understand pitch attribute system.. Those 1 or 1.1 out of? @jeetu?
    Its a scale between 0.8 to 1.2
    For example
    Spin - 0.8 means no spin in the pitch , 1.2 means a rank turner.


    Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,276
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watsupdoc View Post
    Bro @jeetu what’s the point of keeping the penalties system if most of captains aren’t happy with it?
    I avoid repeating things. Penalty is just a reverse boost.


    Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    4,077
    Mentioned
    1269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeetu View Post
    I avoid repeating things. Penalty is just a reverse boost.
    Isnít that a repetition?

  28. #28
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,276
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    Penalty point will cause more flat pitches.. As you rarely need 5, 6, 7 batsman on phattas so we can always punish them on LOs, we can go full strength on FCs, so there will be tougher competitions in FC tournament..
    Its a good tactic and now you have shared it to all. All Teams tend to go that for full strength for FC (test).


    Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,276
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Isnít that a repetition?
    Name:  IDIC.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  110.9 KB
    Live long and prosper


    Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    4,077
    Mentioned
    1269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @jeetu I was wondering, do players have a fielding parameter or any other parameters that can be tweaked? Imagine distributing fielding points across the team

  31. #31
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    10,261
    Mentioned
    3034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeetu View Post
    Its a good tactic and now you have shared it to all. All Teams tend to go that for full strength for FC (test).
    likes gombetition

  32. #32
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    10,261
    Mentioned
    3034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    @jeetu I was wondering, do players have a fielding parameter or any other parameters that can be tweaked? Imagine distributing fielding points across the team
    I'll give that full point to me


    subhan allh walhamdullh w la ailh ailaa allh w allh aakbar
    Loose Cannons CC | PPCL 2020 Season 1 FC CHAMPIONS | #CannonsFire

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    10,215
    Mentioned
    907 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    @jeetu I was wondering, do players have a fielding parameter or any other parameters that can be tweaked? Imagine distributing fielding points across the team
    Academy is monitoring this discussion

  34. #34
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    10,984
    Mentioned
    3206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    likes gombetition
    Gombedeeshn o Cheta?

  35. #35
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,276
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    @jeetu I was wondering, do players have a fielding parameter or any other parameters that can be tweaked? Imagine distributing fielding points across the team
    Name:  fielding.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  20.0 KB
    Never tried it.


    Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    36,149
    Mentioned
    3678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeetu View Post
    I avoid repeating things. Penalty is just a reverse boost.
    It isnít exactly the same - with boosts you didnít have to use them all.

    Plus here itís so complicated and time consuming that most captains wonít have time to plan for all this

  37. #37
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    10,984
    Mentioned
    3206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watsupdoc View Post
    It isnít exactly the same - with boosts you didnít have to use them all.

    Plus here itís so complicated and time consuming that most captains wonít have time to plan for all this
    It's going to be the same for all the teams, so let us plan with whatever rules the organizers have laid out.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    36,149
    Mentioned
    3678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moh@n View Post
    It's going to be the same for all the teams, so let us plan with whatever rules the organizers have laid out.
    Itís not about being the same or not. Itís about availability of captains. Not everyone has same amount of time to plan and spend on the league as others, which means there might be a lack of captains to even get this rolling.

    At least personally I wonít have time to deal with such a complicated system to be able to captain.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    37,319
    Mentioned
    3473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watsupdoc View Post
    It’s not about being the same or not. It’s about availability of captains. Not everyone has same amount of time to plan and spend on the league as others, which means there might be a lack of captains to even get this rolling.

    At least personally I won’t have time to deal with such a complicated system to be able to captain.
    Yeah in all honesty don't see myself leading this season.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  40. #40
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    10,984
    Mentioned
    3206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watsupdoc View Post
    Itís not about being the same or not. Itís about availability of captains. Not everyone has same amount of time to plan and spend on the league as others, which means there might be a lack of captains to even get this rolling.

    At least personally I wonít have time to deal with such a complicated system to be able to captain.
    The only change from last season is that we have penalties instead of boosts. Earlier we planned about which player to have increased skill (because all players were regulars by default), now we need to plan about which player will get reduced skill (because now we have 3 Gold and 5 Silver players).

    Or am I completely missing something? What exactly is complicated here?

  41. #41
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    36,149
    Mentioned
    3678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moh@n View Post
    The only change from last season is that we have penalties instead of boosts. Earlier we planned about which player to have increased skill (because all players were regulars by default), now we need to plan about which player will get reduced skill (because now we have 3 Gold and 5 Silver players).

    Or am I completely missing something? What exactly is complicated here?
    You could use maximum 3 boosts there. And there was no limit you had to use it.

    But here you have to use penalties on a lot more players and also plan more throughly how to spent the penalties on players - so itís not as simple as last season - which by your own admission was not that flexible.

    So are you saying now that last season was just as flexible as this season is going to be?

  42. #42
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    Batman Space/Gotham City
    Runs
    25,189
    Mentioned
    3233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watsupdoc View Post
    Do you have to use all penalty points? What if you donít use any?
    Yes, all of them you have to use until the mid season and then again at the end of the season.

    If you don't use it, then you won't be in any playoffs even if you qualified. Your team points will be cut down to half in all formats.

    Even if you missed by just 10 point penalty remains the same.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    Batman Space/Gotham City
    Runs
    25,189
    Mentioned
    3233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watsupdoc View Post
    Btw @Batman and @jeetu will there be a trade window after the draft and before the team submission before season starts?
    Yes.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    36,149
    Mentioned
    3678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Yes.
    Can captains trade themselves for someone else from another team?

  45. #45
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    Batman Space/Gotham City
    Runs
    25,189
    Mentioned
    3233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watsupdoc View Post
    Can captains trade themselves for someone else from another team?

    In captain case, yes. He can easily go to another team if he wishes to move since he's captain of his team. In player case, both player and captain need to agree though to make that trade happen.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    36,149
    Mentioned
    3678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    In captain case, yes. He can easily go to another team if he wishes to move since he's captain of his team. In player case, both player and captain need to agree though to make that trade happen.
    What if the player is inactive?

  47. #47
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    Batman Space/Gotham City
    Runs
    25,189
    Mentioned
    3233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watsupdoc View Post
    What if the player is inactive?
    Has to be semi active at least.

    Let's not make their team total dead after trade him.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,270
    Mentioned
    737 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about @jeetu bhayya play as a player,is it possible? That would make the draft pick even more interesting, if not all atleast play T20 if it's possible

  49. #49
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    10,984
    Mentioned
    3206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watsupdoc View Post
    Can captains trade themselves for someone else from another team?
    Aajao Assassins mei khushbu laga ke

  50. #50
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    36,149
    Mentioned
    3678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moh@n View Post
    Aajao Assassins mei khushbu laga ke
    Package kya hai?

  51. #51
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    10,984
    Mentioned
    3206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watsupdoc View Post
    Package kya hai?
    Biryani, Paaye, Nihari and Aam

    Aur dher saari geeli chummiyan free mei

  52. #52
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    36,149
    Mentioned
    3678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moh@n View Post
    Biryani, Paaye, Nihari and Aam

    Aur dher saari geeli chummiyan free mei
    Kiski chummiyan?


    "And [remember] when your Lord proclaimed, 'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]; but if you deny, indeed, My punishment is severe" - Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    4,077
    Mentioned
    1269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeetu View Post
    Name:  fielding.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  20.0 KB
    Never tried it.
    Letís try it

  54. #54
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    37,319
    Mentioned
    3473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Guys genuine concern - I think the season's starting too soon, and at a not-so-ideal time as most of us are students etc and have full-time school resuming starting September.

    Personally speaking, I probably won't be able to lead this season and @Watsupdoc seems hesitant as well. Also @Mueez and @Thunderbolt14 seem to be students from what I know and I'm not sure if they'd be down to lead with school starting?

    Then we have PB who pretty much has no captain or VC, and to a lower extent MU as well (not sure what @TrentDevil's plans are and @AFM seems to be MIA).

    Assassins have been dead since last season although they have an active captain and I'm guessing MG will probably be active enough too as he doesn't have school etc to worry about atm.

    For Cannons, @last_knight too has recommended @Smbhayi to take over as captain, although I'm not entirely sure if that's because of time constraints.

    All in all I personally think the season's starting too soon and don't see it drawing the same amount of interest. To those I have tagged and everyone else - please correct me if I'm wrong. I'd be happy to be proven wrong if everyone else is down to roll with it of course.

    Just my two cents.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    10,215
    Mentioned
    907 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Guys genuine concern - I think the season's starting too soon, and at a not-so-ideal time as most of us are students etc and have full-time school resuming starting September.

    Personally speaking, I probably won't be able to lead this season and @Watsupdoc seems hesitant as well. Also @Mueez and @Thunderbolt14 seem to be students from what I know and I'm not sure if they'd be down to lead with school starting?

    Then we have PB who pretty much has no captain or VC, and to a lower extent MU as well (not sure what @TrentDevil's plans are and @AFM seems to be MIA).

    Assassins have been dead since last season although they have an active captain and I'm guessing MG will probably be active enough too as he doesn't have school etc to worry about atm.

    For Cannons, @last_knight too has recommended @Smbhayi to take over as captain, although I'm not entirely sure if that's because of time constraints.

    All in all I personally think the season's starting too soon and don't see it drawing the same amount of interest. To those I have tagged and everyone else - please correct me if I'm wrong. I'd be happy to be proven wrong if everyone else is down to roll with it of course.

    Just my two cents.
    Valid point bro! I totally forgot about schools opening soon again. (Quarantine has made us all lazy )

    Honestly I donít see me being that much active when school starts. Definitely not in September... I donít know if @Thunderbolt14 is available to lead Cornered Tigers.

    As you said I think with normal life resuming soon in September - it is going to be a bit difficult for almost all of us to dedicate some time to PPCL.

    Anyways if the rest wants the season to begin - I wonít have any problem and will do my best to be active however I will probably not be able to captain the side...
    Last edited by Mueez; 7th August 2020 at 01:37.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    10,215
    Mentioned
    907 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which is a shame really because Iíd like to participate as much as possible when the season is happening. It was so much fun during the first season!

  57. #57
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    37,319
    Mentioned
    3473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueez View Post
    Valid point bro! I totally forgot about schools opening soon again. (Quarantine has made us all lazy )

    Honestly I don’t see me being that much active when school starts. Definitely not in September... I don’t know if @Thunderbolt14 is available to lead Cornered Tigers.

    As you said I think with normal life resuming soon in September - it is going to be a bit difficult for almost all of us to dedicate some time to PPCL.

    Anyways if the rest wants the season to begin - I won’t have any problem and will do my best to be active however I will probably not be able to captain the side...
    Yeah man that's the thing - season 1 was a success because the league had a core 15-20 members - although that's not a large number by any means, each of us devoted hours of our day to create hype and interest which ensured success. Personally speaking, I definitely won't be able to give it half as much time should it begin in September and it looks like others such as you won't either.

    I didn't see myself taking on captaincy again either and it took a pandemic to free up that amount of time for me, but since July things have started to get back to normal here and come September life will only get busier.

    Let's see what the response is like, but I think it's better we address this before the season begins rather than later.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  58. #58
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    10,984
    Mentioned
    3206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Alright so when do you want the season to start @Square Drive?

  59. #59
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    36,149
    Mentioned
    3678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I agree with SD - feels like we are starting too soon.

    On top of people not having enough time to be part or captain in such a complicated season. We donít have enough new sign-ups yet anyways.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,973
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with @Square Drive

    Availability and thus activity will be compromised and haven't yet heard from @AFM @TrentDevil

    My situation is opposite. I have more free time now than what I had during season 1 when duty hours were extended.
    For now we need more sign-ups and till then we can play friendly matches on weekends.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    10,261
    Mentioned
    3034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    Agree with @Square Drive

    Availability and thus activity will be compromised and haven't yet heard from @AFM @TrentDevil

    My situation is opposite. I have more free time now than what I had during season 1 when duty hours were extended.
    For now we need more sign-ups and till then we can play friendly matches on weekends.
    We can play Pak Vs Engl game in that case..

  62. #62
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    Batman Space/Gotham City
    Runs
    25,189
    Mentioned
    3233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    So people don't want an early start of the new season, fair enough. We can have friendly matches or quadrangle series (involve all PPCL members) only on weekends then.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    37,319
    Mentioned
    3473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moh@n View Post
    Alright so when do you want the season to start @Square Drive?
    Personally I don't see myself captaining anytime soon in the near future. But I can still pop on every now and then and be semi-active if it restarts in a few months, say December-January. By then we should hopefully have new signups, and some time will have passed since the end of the previous season too so it should be more fun at that point.

    But I'm just one member - it also (mainly) depends on the availability of others. At this point, the only confirmed captain is you, and we haven't even heard from others like @Thunderbolt14 @TrentDevil @AFM etc.

    If everyone else is down to start right now then why not? But the response so far season 1 players as well as new signups has been underwhelming so it's probably the worst time to start. The ones who have responded have agreed with my sentiment.

    I do like @last_knight's idea of an Eng vs Pak series maybe, instead of a full-blown PPCL.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  64. #64
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    10,984
    Mentioned
    3206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    So people don't want an early start of the new season, fair enough. We can have friendly matches or quadrangle series (involve all PPCL members) only on weekends then.
    That's a good idea.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    4,077
    Mentioned
    1269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yeah I wonít be able to captain either or be as involved. Friendlies sounds good for now.

    We can also make two PPCL All Stars XI and play against each other.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    Batman Space/Gotham City
    Runs
    25,189
    Mentioned
    3233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    PPCL season 2 has been postponed to a later date till then we're going to have friendly matches only on weekends to keep the forum active enough.

    Two team series as it has been in progress in England.

    Pakistan v England - 3 Tests, 3 ODIs, 3 T20Is

    Need 2 captains to lead them.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    10,261
    Mentioned
    3034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

  68. #68
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    10,261
    Mentioned
    3034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I can be VC of England team if needed

  69. #69
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    36,149
    Mentioned
    3678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Wonít really have time to captain. Would prefer if someone else does it!

  70. #70
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    37,319
    Mentioned
    3473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    I nominate @Hadi Rizvi to lead Pakistan


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    4,077
    Mentioned
    1269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    I nominate @Hadi Rizvi to lead Pakistan
    Great nomination! @Hadi Rizvi sir excited for you to captain a team of TTFís

  72. #72
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Jeddah, Melbourne
    Runs
    3,630
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    I nominate @Hadi Rizvi to lead Pakistan
    Fine. I'll do it.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    10,215
    Mentioned
    907 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadi Rizvi View Post
    Fine. I'll do it.
    Remember to select your buddies

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,973
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If slot available, I can perform duty as Captain/VC of one team.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    5,973
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest we include new sign-ups in 2 squads and intl players (2-3) should be from Pakistan and England current squads only.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    10,984
    Mentioned
    3206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    I don't mind if nobody else is available.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    10,984
    Mentioned
    3206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    If slot available, I can perform duty as Captain/VC of one team.
    Great.

    So Hadi and Last Knight are the 2 captains @Batman.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    33,139
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where's my team

  79. #79
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    36,149
    Mentioned
    3678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    Where's my team
    you are a one man army


    "And [remember] when your Lord proclaimed, 'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]; but if you deny, indeed, My punishment is severe" - Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    33,139
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watsupdoc View Post
    you are a one man army
    Apni toh jaisay taisay thori aisay ya waisay


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •