Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    136,994
    Mentioned
    2633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

    "Babar has to come out with something good - you cannot create a name like this" : Shoaib Akhtar

    The first Test against England in Manchester last week exposed the chink in Pakistan’s armour once again. It was a tale of two matches for Pakistan in two different innings. In the first one, Pakistan came out on top, scoring 300+ and bowling out their opponents with over a 100 runs short. From then on, it seemed that this match would be a smooth sailing for Pakistan. But things turned sideways very quickly.

    Pakistan were bundled out for 169 in the 2nd innings, setting a target of 277 for England to chase. With half centuries from Jos Buttler and Chris Woakes, the hosts went on to chase down the target with three wickets remaining.

    In a video on Youtube, Pakistan pace bowling legend Shoaib Akhtar said that the team’s batting let them down in Manchester. “Pakistan got an opportunity to put a big score but they made the same mistake that they have been doing since partition. That the batting lets us down,” he said.

    “We needed partnerships, stroke-making only when you get loose balls. It was a great chance for Pakistan to put 350-400 runs on the board,” Akhtar added.

    The former Pakistan seamer went on to add that if a batsman cannot capitalise of 107-run lead, then he is of no use to the team. “But again, none of Pakistan’s star batsmen could score runs. If you have to become a big player and earn a name, these are the situations.

    “If you are not able to capitalize on a 107-run lead, however big a batsman you may be, you are of no use,” Akhtar said.

    Babar Azam scored a brilliant half century on the first day of the Test, but was dismissed early on the 2nd day, and could only score 5 runs in the 2nd innings. Akhtar said that Babar needs to become a match-winner to make a name for himself.

    “Shan Masood was unlucky but he had already played his part. Asad Shafiq got run out, it is again his fault. But Babar Azam has to come out with something good, because you cannot create a name like this. You might be a good player, but you have to establish yourself as a match-winner,” Akhtar said.

    England have taken 1-0 lead in the three-match Test series against Pakistan. The two teams will meet again in the 2nd Test which begins from Thursday.

    https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...sz8rL9x1O.html


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    1,104
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One failure and the daggers are drawn already.
    Hes human. Hes not going to score big runs every single time he bats.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    136,994
    Mentioned
    2633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Putting so much pressure on Babar - hopefully he isnt reading social media etc.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Shaheen Bagh, Delhi
    Runs
    53,857
    Mentioned
    463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pakistan has the worst criticis.

    And their ex cricket team being better than current lot makes it even worse.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jul 2020
    Runs
    841
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies, but anyone and everyone who gives air time to this ratings and ‘like’ hungry id**t is wasting not doing PCT any favours.

    It’s quite easy to have taunts and jibes in the school-boy manner, patting yourself on the back after each creative pun, but only in Pakistan can such and amateurish immature personality have such a following.

    Even if SA is the last person left on earth to give advice, BA should instead just self coach himself.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    1,158
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What a bitter soul. How many matches did this so called match winner win for Pakistan in his day? Now he's putting pressure on the only good thing to emerge out from our cricket in the last 20 years

  7. #7
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    19,541
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I am not expecting too many fireworks from Babar in the series. The ball just do too much in England all the time tine for stroke makers like him. I would urge Babar to put away the drive on the up, which got him out in the 1st innings, he got out to a good ball in the 2nd Inn and couldn't have done much. If Babar gets one 100, it will be a successful series for him

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jul 2020
    Runs
    841
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    I am not expecting too many fireworks from Babar in the series. The ball just do too much in England all the time tine for stroke makers like him. I would urge Babar to put away the drive on the up, which got him out in the 1st innings, he got out to a good ball in the 2nd Inn and couldn't have done much. If Babar gets one 100, it will be a successful series for him
    Not sure if he needed to play at the one in the 2nd innings? In any case, if it was a good one then I hope for him that he only gets max one more good one in the remainder of the series. You can normally expect to get out to 1-2 good ones, and hope the rest miss the edge.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    302
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extraordinary how our ex-players are the worst. Whilst English ex players are supportive and encouraging (and if critical, constructively so) our ex-players are just dreadful. Petty jealousies, envy, desire to hog the limelight — whatever it is, it is shameful and embarrassing.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    19,541
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yk313 View Post
    Not sure if he needed to play at the one in the 2nd innings? In any case, if it was a good one then I hope for him that he only gets max one more good one in the remainder of the series. You can normally expect to get out to 1-2 good ones, and hope the rest miss the edge.
    I have a simple theory-if I want a player to do well, he won't. Poor Babar has been cursed by my enjoyment of his batting. So based on that, Chris Woakes and Jimmy with a moving ball, I am not expecting too much.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    1,613
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expecting a 200 from Babar next game.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    3,816
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baber will struggle in proper english conditions. He's still Pak's best bat tho.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    5,954
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The first Test against England in Manchester last week exposed the chink in Pakistan’s armour once again. It was a tale of two matches for Pakistan in two different innings. In the first one, Pakistan came out on top, scoring 300+ and bowling out their opponents with over a 100 runs short. From then on, it seemed that this match would be a smooth sailing for Pakistan. But things turned sideways very quickly.

    Pakistan were bundled out for 169 in the 2nd innings, setting a target of 277 for England to chase. With half centuries from Jos Buttler and Chris Woakes, the hosts went on to chase down the target with three wickets remaining.

    In a video on Youtube, Pakistan pace bowling legend Shoaib Akhtar said that the team’s batting let them down in Manchester. “Pakistan got an opportunity to put a big score but they made the same mistake that they have been doing since partition. That the batting lets us down,” he said.

    “We needed partnerships, stroke-making only when you get loose balls. It was a great chance for Pakistan to put 350-400 runs on the board,” Akhtar added.

    The former Pakistan seamer went on to add that if a batsman cannot capitalise of 107-run lead, then he is of no use to the team. “But again, none of Pakistan’s star batsmen could score runs. If you have to become a big player and earn a name, these are the situations.

    “If you are not able to capitalize on a 107-run lead, however big a batsman you may be, you are of no use,” Akhtar said.

    Babar Azam scored a brilliant half century on the first day of the Test, but was dismissed early on the 2nd day, and could only score 5 runs in the 2nd innings. Akhtar said that Babar needs to become a match-winner to make a name for himself.

    “Shan Masood was unlucky but he had already played his part. Asad Shafiq got run out, it is again his fault. But Babar Azam has to come out with something good, because you cannot create a name like this. You might be a good player, but you have to establish yourself as a match-winner,” Akhtar said.

    England have taken 1-0 lead in the three-match Test series against Pakistan. The two teams will meet again in the 2nd Test which begins from Thursday.

    https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...sz8rL9x1O.html
    As expected, this guy has always had a soft spot for Asad Shafiq.

    It is disgraceful to see how ex-players and senior players throw the younger players under the bus. I can think of 3 recent notable examples over the last a year or so:

    1. Misbah on Shaheen during the WC last year after one bad game before being proven wrong at the end of tournament.

    2. Azhar Ali with his recent comments aimed at Shadab Khan over the weekend

    3. Now, Shoaib Akhtar directing most of the criticism towards the best player in the team

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    14,976
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Babar will do fine this series Its the other batters we have to worry about

    As nasser showed the key to playing in england is playing the ball as late as possible and not driving pushing out on the up especially in the first hour of your innings

    Babar is good enough to put those dismissals away in his locker and not repeat them

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Runs
    1,125
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar has to learn this ain’t one day cricket, sometime you need to scrap it out , just give himself 30 minutes we’re he plays cautiously and that should make all the difference

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    3,720
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunge101 View Post
    One failure and the daggers are drawn already.
    Hes human. Hes not going to score big runs every single time he bats.
    No daggers are out but hes stating the factors that he has to score match winning runs against top teams against mediocre teams no one will care

  17. #17
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    3,720
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Babar will do fine this series Its the other batters we have to worry about

    As nasser showed the key to playing in england is playing the ball as late as possible and not driving pushing out on the up especially in the first hour of your innings

    Babar is good enough to put those dismissals away in his locker and not repeat them

    I think he will stil play that shot as he gets alot of runs of it to

  18. #18
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    136,994
    Mentioned
    2633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Its Bash Babar time on Pak media.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,177
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One of fhe flaws was he was getting squared up too often in the early part. Iron out these deficiencies and don’t take risks early on he can get big scores.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Queens, NY
    Runs
    1,662
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    I am not expecting too many fireworks from Babar in the series. The ball just do too much in England all the time tine for stroke makers like him. I would urge Babar to put away the drive on the up, which got him out in the 1st innings, he got out to a good ball in the 2nd Inn and couldn't have done much. If Babar gets one 100, it will be a successful series for him
    And that's what shoaib meant

    You have to be disciplined in England in what you have to play or not to play. He gave an example of younis and yousuf and how younis scored more runs than yousuf eventhough yousuf was more talented so he advised Babar that looking pretty isn't the most important thing, saving your wicket and scoring is the most important thing for a batsman and that's what seperates great batsman from an ATG batsman
    he criticized his overconfidence of driving in England on the first over he faced

    Tbh shoaib is right Tendulkar was extremely talented but he didn't drive a single bowl in an innings in Australia and scored double hundred (when he was struggling)


  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Queens, NY
    Runs
    1,662
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    One of fhe flaws was he was getting squared up too often in the early part. Iron out these deficiencies and don’t take risks early on he can get big scores.
    Perfect! and I think this is something shaoib was trying to say but he isn't the most eloquent speaker

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    22,450
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Love Babar Azam but he went missing since day 2 in this Test match.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    77,628
    Mentioned
    2037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    One bad match and the knives are out.

    Ridiculous comments from some.



  24. #24
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    28,647
    Mentioned
    4723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    One bad match and the knives are out.

    Ridiculous comments from some.
    I think he is quiet notorious for having a few so I'd ignore the comment

  25. #25
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    3,609
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar walking to the crease after lunch with Pakistan 79/2 after 31 overs. Stage is set for Babar to hopefully "come out with something good".


    Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •