England vs Pakistan | 1st T20I | Manchester | Aug 28, 2020 | Pre-Match Discussion Thread

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

England vs Pakistan | 1st T20I | Manchester | Aug 28, 2020 | Pre-Match Discussion Thread

Pakistan shortlist 17 players for England T20Is

Southampton, 21 August 2020:

Teenage pace sensation Naseem Shah was amongst 17 players Pakistan shortlisted for the three T20Is against England.

The Babar Azam-led team will play Eoin Morgan’s England at Old Trafford, Manchester, from 28 August to 1 September.

Pakistan squad for England T20Is: Babar Azam (c), Fakhar Zaman, Haider Ali, Haris Rauf, Iftikhar Ahmed, Imad Wasim, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Rizwan, Mohammad Amir, Naseem Shah, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Shoaib Malik and Wahab Riaz.

Pakistan Head Coach and Chief Selector Misbah-ul-Haq: “This is mostly the same team which has been featuring in the shortest format for us. Besides retaining the core, we have inducted youngsters like Haider Ali, who has performed well in the HBL PSL, U19 and first-class cricket, and Naseem Shah as we had an opportunity to keep a bigger pool due to Covid-19 pandemic, which also increases our options. Our two experienced bowlers in Mohammad Amir and Wahab Riaz have also returned to the side, along with Fakhar Zaman and Sarfaraz Ahmed.

“Usually, the T20I team comes together for a brief period but due to the current situation most of the players have been here with us for more than a month and it has provided us a good opportunity to work on the development of the team and the young players. So, even the players who might not get an opportunity to play will benefit from the experience they are getting here.

“It is going to be a competitive series as England are a strong side. We are looking forward to play good cricket and win the series.”

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Good news for Haider - getting closer to a debut now.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hope Shadab plays at top 5. He has proven himself in PSL. Fakhar the hack still gets a place, i would rather have Imam ul Haq in T20 in place of him

Lets see what Haris Rauf could do here

The first and only PM of Pakistan to lose the peoples confidence = Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will saifi merit playing time ahead of rizwan.

Will both Hafeez and malik continue to take spot up in the middle

How are we shaping our t20 team ahead of b2b world cups. Looks like a real Russe for places atm.

My preferred team for the world cup would ideally totally different looking at current form I see a core of batting from these players

Babar will be relied on heavily upon
    Safraz
    Rizwan
    Fakhar can’t be hit and miss
    Imad
    Haider Ali needs to transfer domestic from to international

Shadab only t20 type batsmen we have

In dire need of new young blood 🩸 ... too many serial offenders are around.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maher96 View Post

My preferred team for the world cup would ideally totally different looking at current form I see a core of batting from these players

Babar will be relied on heavily upon
    Safraz
    Rizwan
    Fakhar can’t be hit and miss
    Imad
    Haider Ali needs to transfer domestic from to international

In dire need of new young blood �� ... too many serial offenders are around.
    Which form?

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Hope Shadab plays at top 5. He has proven himself in PSL. Fakhar the hack still gets a place, i would rather have Imam ul Haq in T20 in place of him

Why did you remove Misbah pucture from your dp. It was so easy to identify what you were going to say. Asking for Shadab and Imam ul Haq in T20.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamanFan View Post
    Why did you remove Misbah pucture from your dp. It was so easy to identify what you were going to say. Asking for Shadab and Imam ul Haq in T20.
    you havent been watching the psl looks like

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A little surprised they went with Wahab over Faheem, but really shouldn't be given Wahab's seniority.

Bowling attack should be some combination of Husnain, Amir, Shaheen, Rauf, Shadab, Imad and Hafeez.
    Wahab will look good on the bench.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rizwan doesn't merit a t20 spot ahead of Bismillah khan.

Wahab is there only because of Friendship of Misbah

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T20 is a young players game and should be used to scout out talented players and give them a flavour of international cricket and see how they adapt. This is what teams use T20Is for all over the world. Except Pakistan we are continuing to keep has-been players like Malik, Hafeez, Sarfraz and Wahab in the squad.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    783 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is the worst squad among top 8 cricketing nations. Thank you Misbah.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to see the superstars Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Ifti and Wahab Riaz trotting out.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seeing 40-year-olds, mediocre players like Hafeez and Malik in every T20 squad is so disappointing. Now you can add the 35-year-old has been Wahab to that list as well

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loralai View Post
    T20 is a young players game and should be used to scout out talented players and give them a flavour of international cricket and see how they adapt. This is what teams use T20Is for all over the world. Except Pakistan we are continuing to keep has-been players like Malik, Hafeez, Sarfraz and Wahab in the squad.
    I was of the same opinion, but we all saw the way we lost to sri lanka when we didnt have experience. Pakistan will need to play malika and hafeez in t20 cricket. Experience does matter here

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    It is the worst squad among top 8 cricketing nations. Thank you Misbah.
    You kidding?

This squad can potentially field the following team:

1. Babar Azam (c)
    2. Haider Ali
    3. Shadab Khan
    4. Iftikhar Ahmed
    5. Khushdil Shah
    6. Sarfaraz Ahmed (wk)
    7. Imad Wasim
    8. Wahab Riaz
    9. Mohammad Amir
    10. Haris Rauf
    11. Shaheen Afridi

The squad is fantastic, the real issue will be the playing XI if Hafeez, Malik, and Fakhar play! Otherwise the squad has an excellent combination of XI mostly young players.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    783 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    You kidding?

1. Babar Azam (c)
    2. Haider Ali
    3. Shadab Khan
    4. Iftikhar Ahmed
    5. Khushdil Shah
    6. Sarfaraz Ahmed (wk)
    7. Imad Wasim
    8. Wahab Riaz
    9. Mohammad Amir
    10. Haris Rauf
    11. Shaheen Afridi

The squad is fantastic, the real issue will be the playing XI if Hafeez, Malik, and Fakhar play! Otherwise the squad has an excellent combination of XI mostly young players.
    The lineup you posted is the best that can be extracted from this squad (apart from Fakhar 's exclusion) but we all know what sort of lineup Misbah will field.

T20 is a batsman's game and there are only 3 batsmen in the current squad that deserve to be selected.

Babar
    Haider
    Fakhar.

The rest are all trash and will be horribly exposed in upcoming series. I repeat again, this is the worst T20 squad among top 8 playing nations.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was of the same opinion, but we all saw the way we lost to sri lanka when we didnt have experience. Pakistan will need to play malika and hafeez in t20 cricket. Experience does matter here
    i don't agree tell me 1 batsman that made debut none.

you lost because of Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Almal.

had it been khushdil and any other young batsman their 20-30 runs would have even done the job.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The batting besides Babar is pretty awful. This team will not chase any score without Babar getting big runs.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    783 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar is the most reliable T20 batsman in the world which allows to insert ultra aggressive batsmen around him. A top 7 of

Sharjeel
    Babar
    Zeeshan Malik
    Haider Ali
    Shadab/Iftikhar
    Zeeshan Ashraf
    Imad

will give us a chance at T20 world cup in Aus but misbah's lineup will most certainly be knocked out in first round.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Hanover Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they really need to keep 17 players for 3 t20s??
    They could have at least let Shaheen go back for rest, he has had enough workload, especially now that we dont have a world cup this year.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1895
Size:  32.0 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 22nd August 2020 at 10:46.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shan showed he can clear the boundary during that long test innings so he's probably got a pretty good point.

I also note he's one of the only legit captaincy candidates that we have, so we should really be getting him into our teams wherever possible.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    Shan showed he can clear the boundary during that long test innings so he's probably got a pretty good point.

I also note he's one of the only legit captaincy candidates that we have, so we should really be getting him into our teams wherever possible.
    Yep i think Shan is a definite candidate for all 3 formats. Sohail Akhtar was one i liked as a potential opener but i think for a no. 4 i would've liked Umar Amin who i feel has been pushed aside.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shan did really well in the PSL. But that was PSL...I'm a huge Shan fan but he should not be playing T20's for Pakistan. His game is just not made for it. He can stick to franchise cricket.

I would like to see him play ODI's though. I think he would do well there. He is really good with stealing singles & his running between the wickets is excellent. Once he is set, he can smash the ball around as well like we saw in the PSL.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My XI:
    Babar
    Fakhar
    Haider
    Shadab
    Hafeez
    Iftikhar
    Khushdil
    Imad
    Amir
    Shaheen
    Rauf

12th man: Hasnain

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You kidding?

1. Babar Azam (c)
    2. Haider Ali
    3. Shadab Khan
    4. Iftikhar Ahmed
    5. Khushdil Shah
    6. Sarfaraz Ahmed (wk)
    7. Imad Wasim
    8. Wahab Riaz
    9. Mohammad Amir
    10. Haris Rauf
    11. Shaheen Afridi

With misbah the old and senior lover will make sure the seniors are unmoved.

He was good in his first series by dropping Hafeez and Malik but at the same time gave chances to shehzad and u.akmal which are appalling. Where pak ended losing the series 3-0 to a second string lanka side at their home despite being the number 1 t20 for a year. From there onwards it was clear he is not cut for the job but yet he continues to do the job.

From this sqaud and with his lover for seniors i feel Haider wouldnt get a chance.

The 11 probably would be

Babar
    Fakhar
    Hafeez
    Malik
    Ifthikar
    Rizwan
    Imad
    Shadab
    Amir
    Wahab
    SSA

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expected squad hoping Haider gets a game.
    Fakhar
    Babar
    Haider
    Hafeez
    Shadab
    Rizwan
    Imad
    Wahab
    Amir
    Hasnain
    Haris

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    01. Fakhar Zaman
    02. Mohammad Rizwan
    03. Babar Azam (c)
    04. Haider Ali
    05. Iftikhar Ahmad
    06. Khushdil Shah
    07. Shadab Khan
    08. Imad Wasim
    09. Mohammad Amir
    10. Mohammad Hasnain
    11. Haris Rouf

Rizwan should be tried as an opener else is useless down the order like Sarfaraz.

To manage workload, Shaheen and Naseem should be rested.

Hafeez and Malik should retire now.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    783 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is rizwan and sarfaraz doing in T20s.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    No surprises here

Can't wait to see hasnain and rauf bowl
    Also fakhar, haider and khushdil and even malik will be a sight for sore eyes

I think one of the matches are being televised terrestrially so watch this space

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rizwan.
    Has been captaining the A side for sometime now and probably the only player who fights and shows some character.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice squad but doubt misbah will field an 11 without a couple of 'seniors'

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShahidDar08 View Post
    01. Fakhar Zaman
    02. Mohammad Rizwan
    03. Babar Azam (c)
    04. Haider Ali
    05. Iftikhar Ahmad
    06. Khushdil Shah
    07. Shadab Khan
    08. Imad Wasim
    09. Mohammad Amir
    10. Mohammad Hasnain
    11. Haris Rouf

Rizwan should be tried as an opener else is useless down the order like Sarfaraz.

To manage workload, Shaheen and Naseem should be rested.

Hafeez and Malik should retire now.
    Babar is the best opener in T20 cricket, why would you ever want to move him down. He's the catalyst for this batting line up
    I'd rather Rizwan play at 3, with Khushdil and Ifti lower down the order

Unfortunately, have to find a place to play 'seniors' Malik and Hafeez

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Pakistan shortlist 17 players for England T20Is

Southampton, 21 August 2020:

Teenage pace sensation Naseem Shah was amongst 17 players Pakistan shortlisted for the three T20Is against England.

The Babar Azam-led team will play Eoin Morgan’s England at Old Trafford, Manchester, from 28 August to 1 September.

Pakistan squad for England T20Is: Babar Azam (c), Fakhar Zaman, Haider Ali, Haris Rauf, Iftikhar Ahmed, Imad Wasim, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Rizwan, Mohammad Amir, Naseem Shah, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Shoaib Malik and Wahab Riaz.

Pakistan Head Coach and Chief Selector Misbah-ul-Haq: “This is mostly the same team which has been featuring in the shortest format for us. Besides retaining the core, we have inducted youngsters like Haider Ali, who has performed well in the HBL PSL, U19 and first-class cricket, and Naseem Shah as we had an opportunity to keep a bigger pool due to Covid-19 pandemic, which also increases our options. Our two experienced bowlers in Mohammad Amir and Wahab Riaz have also returned to the side, along with Fakhar Zaman and Sarfaraz Ahmed.

“Usually, the T20I team comes together for a brief period but due to the current situation most of the players have been here with us for more than a month and it has provided us a good opportunity to work on the development of the team and the young players. So, even the players who might not get an opportunity to play will benefit from the experience they are getting here.

“It is going to be a competitive series as England are a strong side. We are looking forward to play good cricket and win the series.”
    Both Mohammad Rizwan and Sarfraz Ahmed are not T20 players. Pakistan should select Bismillah Khan as T20 WK

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel Khan and Bismillah Khan are 2 players who should be in squad on merit.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar
    Fakhar
    Sarfraz
    Haider
    Khushdil
    Iftikhar
    Imad
    Shadab
    Wahab
    Amir
    Rauf/Hasnain

No need for Shaheen and Naseem give them a well deserved rest after playing 3 tests back to back.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    Nice squad but doubt misbah will field an 11 without a couple of 'seniors'
    Yep. If Amir, Wahab, Malik and Hafeez aren't all in the XI then it isn't a Misbah side

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It seems like you havent been watching Shadab Khan all laughters in the dug out in the current test match. Disgraceful really when the team is on the verge of an innings defeat.

I would kick out Shadab, the wanna be super star.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news for Haider - getting closer to a debut now.
    It's going to be really hard for Haider to squeeze into the XI when we know Hafeez and Malik will be guaranteed two spots.

Sad state of affairs when batting talent is so sparse in Pakistan and yet even when we find someone worthy of playing we find the 38/39 year old 'seniors' are still there.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shoaib Malik and England is the worst duo ever.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's going to be really hard for Haider to squeeze into the XI when we know Hafeez and Malik will be guaranteed two spots.

Sad state of affairs when batting talent is so sparse in Pakistan and yet even when we find someone worthy of playing we find the 38/39 year old 'seniors' are still there.
    We struggled to defeat 2nd String Sri Lanka at home without Malik and Hafeez.

Probably would have lost to Bangladesh as well

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1.Babar Azam
    2.Fakhar Zaman
    3.Haidar Ali
    4.Mohammad Hafeez
    5.Mohammad Rizwan
    6.Shadab Khan
    7.Imad Wasim
    8.Haris Rauf
    9.Mohammad Amir
    10.Shaheen Afridi
    11.Wahab Riaz

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    It seems like you havent been watching Shadab Khan all laughters in the dug out in the current test match. Disgraceful really when the team is on the verge of an innings defeat.

I would kick out Shadab, the wanna be super star.
    so he can't laugh?

he should sit their and cry for the cameras?

Why do you guys have problem with people who act natural. WHat difference would it make him sitting in the dugout with tears in his eyes?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My 11:

1.Babar Azam
    2.Fakhar Zaman
    3.Haidar Ali
    4.Khushdil Shah
    5.Mohammad Rizwan
    6.Shoaib Malik
    7.Shadab Khan
    8.Imad Wasim
    9.Mohammad Amir
    10.Shaheen Afridi
    11.Mohammad Hasnain

Misbah 11:

1.Babar Azam
    2.Fakhar Zaman
    3.Mohammad Hafeez
    4.Iftikhar Ahmed
    5.Sarfaraz Ahmed
    6.Shoaib Malik
    7.Shadab Khan
    8.Imad Wasim
    9.Mohammad Amir
    10.Naseem Shah
    11.Wahab Riaz

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    648 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Am I missing something about Bismillah Khan? Averages 21 in T20s and didn't even play PSL at all this year. I'd much rather stick with Rizwan

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s not the best opener in the world. He’s a compiler who is given runs. He’s nowhere near as dangerous as at least 10 openers

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    Both Mohammad Rizwan and Sarfraz Ahmed are not T20 players. Pakistan should select Bismillah Khan as T20 WK
    Every team has 2-3 traditional batsmen even in the T20 team. Rizwan and Babar can play that role for Pakistan, Babar to stabilize the top order and Rizwan for the middle order.

The problem is PCT have to forcefully find positions for 'seniors' Hafeez and Malik, which means you have 4+ accumulators. Thats the real issue. Get rid of Hafeez and Malik, then surround Babar and Rizwan with stroke makers and power hitters. Batting lineup looks a lot better then

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post

No need for Shaheen and Naseem give them a well deserved rest after playing 3 tests back to back.
    Those 2 should have been sent back home after the Tests. They must be mentally exhausted, having been in the bubble for 3 months now.

I don't even understand why they were selected. Especially when you have fresh bowlers like Amir, Husnain, Rauf, Wahab, Faheem around.

Debut
    Dec 2004
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    With the test series almost over, the time is almost upon us for the main event. The T20s will separate the men from the boys.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    so he can't laugh?

he should sit their and cry for the cameras?

Why do you guys have problem with people who act natural. WHat difference would it make him sitting in the dugout with tears in his eyes?
    If he sat straight faced, he'd call Shadab timid and gutless.

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like tests, will be skipping the T20 tour gladly. Thank You Misbah for not choosing Sharjeel and picking up Malik and Hafeez. However would be visiting the site regularly to see the plight of the remaining Pakistan cricket fans .

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    An average squad. I really don't see us challenging top teams or doing well in LO with Misbah as coach and selector.

Just look at how horrible we were under him in LO. We did compete in certain series and win games but the overall style of play and development of players was awful.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    My 11:

1.Babar Azam
    2.Fakhar Zaman
    3.Haidar Ali
    4.Khushdil Shah
    5.Mohammad Rizwan
    6.Shoaib Malik
    7.Shadab Khan
    8.Imad Wasim
    9.Mohammad Amir
    10.Shaheen Afridi
    11.Mohammad Hasnain

Misbah 11:

1.Babar Azam
    2.Fakhar Zaman
    3.Mohammad Hafeez
    4.Iftikhar Ahmed
    5.Sarfaraz Ahmed
    6.Shoaib Malik
    7.Shadab Khan
    8.Imad Wasim
    9.Mohammad Amir
    10.Naseem Shah
    11.Wahab Riaz
    What about Haris Rauf?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    What about Haris Rauf?
    Okay, Rauf for Afridi? I'd like to give a Hasnain a game. Perhaps some rotation given there's three games.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 11:

1.fakhar
    2.babar
    3.haider ali
    4.rizwan
    5.khushdil
    6.iftikhar
    7.shadab
    8.imad
    9.amir
    10.shaheen
    11.rauf

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    no squad is complete without Hafeez and Malik

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I havent followed the t20 squad announcement. Are you telling me Hafeez and Malik are still there? Unbelievable. These two relics need to be in the museum, not on the cricket field.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Okay, Rauf for Afridi? I'd like to give a Hasnain a game. Perhaps some rotation given there's three games.
    that seems fair, just wondering how he does if he is recovered

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    I havent followed the t20 squad announcement. Are you telling me Hafeez and Malik are still there? Unbelievable. These two relics need to be in the museum, not on the cricket field.
    Yes still thier fit as a mo Farah

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir can open the bowling but who's ganna open from the other side dont rauf and husnain come in the middle overs or just after 5 overs ?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    With the test series almost over, the time is almost upon us for the main event. The T20s will separate the men from the boys.
    Pakistan should win 2-1 or 3 nil especially now they missing half the squad

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    An average squad. I really don't see us challenging top teams or doing well in LO with Misbah as coach and selector.

Just look at how horrible we were under him in LO. We did compete in certain series and win games but the overall style of play and development of players was awful.
    Who would you replace and which players would you drop

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But we cant have babar and shan oppening they play in similar manner

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    All eyes on the Test retirees Mohammad Amir and Wahab Riaz to do something special now.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All eyes on the Test retirees Mohammad Amir and Wahab Riaz to do something special now.
    It’s gonna rain again :/

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I wish it were a 3 ODI series instead of 3 Cartoon matches. Would have been so much better.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My eleven ...
    Babar
    Fakhar
    Iftikhar
    Malik
    shadab
    Haider
    Imad
    Rizwan
    Wahab
    Amir
    Rauf

Shaheen, Naseem rested.
    Others: Hasnain, sarfraz, Khushdil Shah and Hafeez

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As T20 Wc is little bit away i wish Pak Eng could play atleast 3 ODIS and 2 T20Is.....instead.....looking forward to Fakhar Haidar Shadab Rauf and ofcourse Bobby..... I think bowling is little light given Saheen Naseem won't b played and Amir Wahab are all coming after a break

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My playing eleven...
    Fakhar Zaman
    Babar Azam
    Hyder Ali
    Shadab khan
    Khushdil Shah
    Sarfaraz Ahmad( no other choice)
    Imaad Wasim
    Fahim Ashraf
    Shaheenshah
    Haris Rauf
    Hasnain

.... But unfortunately misbah's playing eleven will be this..
    Fakhar Zaman
    Babar Azam
    Mohd Hafeez
    Shoib Malik
    Sarfaraz Ahmad
    Iftikhar Ahmad
    Shadab khan
    Imaad Wasim
    Fahim Ashraf
    Wahab Riyaz
    Mohammad Amir

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    I wish it were a 3 ODI series instead of 3 Cartoon matches. Would have been so much better.
    FTP was designed keeping World T20 in mind which was gonna happen later this year. Could it have been changed once ICC knew World T20 isn’t happening, i cant say for sure as number of things are involved including broadcasters, logistics etc.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would play 4 fast bowlers here
    Wahab
    Hasnain
    Amir
    Haris
    I hope they don't play that mediocre hack iftikhar chacha

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fakhar
    Babar
    Haider
    Malik
    Shadab
    Khushdil/ Iftikhar
    Rizwan
    Imad
    Amir
    Shaheen/ Wahab (Considering Shaheen’s fitness post tests)
    Haris Rauf/ Mohammad Hasnain

If 4 pacers are required, Faheem can play over Khushdil and get moved to no 8. That can give 6 bowling options which can come in handy considering Pak’s spin bowling form.

This is what I think but, I wont be surprised if Hafeez plays over Khushdil/ Ifti considering his performances against BD in T20s.
    Last edited by Titan24; 26th August 2020 at 17:30.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haider should play all 3 matches in my opinion so only one of Malik and Hafeez can play as you also wanna keep atleast one of Khushdil and Iftikhar as these two are probably the best hitter of the ball lower down the order.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    540 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both sides are evenly matched. It is 50-50.

Even though England are resting some main players, they still have Morgan, Billings, Roy, Moeen, Bairstow, and Adil.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    My 11:

1.fakhar
    2.babar
    3.haider ali
    4.rizwan
    5.khushdil
    6.iftikhar
    7.shadab
    8.imad
    9.amir
    10.shaheen
    11.rauf
    That's my XI too with Iftikhar and Khushdil swapped. However I know Misbah will shoehorn at least one of Hafeez or Malik.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Pakistan squad arrives in Manchester.

Shan Masood released from the squad.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's 2020 and MoHa and ShoMa are still playing international cricket for Pakistan.

Are there anyone currently in world cricket who have made their debuts before these two and are still playing ?

Jimmy Anderson maybe ?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    It's 2020 and MoHa and ShoMa are still playing international cricket for Pakistan.

Are there anyone currently in world cricket who have made their debuts before these two and are still playing ?

Jimmy Anderson maybe ?
    Malik debuted in 1999 - Anderson in 2002

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Malik debuted in 1999 - Anderson in 2002
    Anderson has 600 Test wicket to show for his lengthy tenure.

Hafeez and Malik have political connections and media manipulation.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Pakistan have a great chance of winning this series and getting something positive out of this tour.