Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)

[VIDEOS/PICTURES] Has Fawad Alam done enough to keep his place in the Test side?

Your thoughts on whether Fawad Alam has done enough to keep his place in the Pakistan Test side?

He showed some courage in Pakistan's first innings at Southampton in the 3rd Test after the duck upon his recall.

Question marks over his stance and whether he is over the hill. Whilst others feel he is still good enough.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    No. He is washed up.

Needs to be a replaced a batsman in mid twenties.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deserves another series in my opinion

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This series should be last for Shafiq, Azhar and Fawad.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To be honest he did take on Archer who i thought he'd struggle against and he did look solid for the most part. According to some reports as well he was dismissed on a no ball.

I still think that another away series and a home series is in order before you give him a booting. I reckon he did ok, you can't expect someone to hit the ground running besides 2 innings is hardly anything to judge someone on. If anything why have question marks not been put on Asad Shafiq?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There's a lot of sympathy for him and rightly so, but it was too late to bring him back. With few Test matches played every year where he'll be 35+ in a couple of years time, there's not much mileage there.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Did he do enough? Yes actually, he didn't do too badly and certainly should be retained before Asad.

Would I retain him? Well I wouldn't have picked him in the first place. I see no point in bringing back an unproven 34 year old. Harsh on him but that's how it is sadly.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he should get another chance he was okay and he can bowl a bit too so that helps I guess but I would be willing to have him for another series or 2 and see how he does off topic but I think they should give kashif bhatti a game to see what he can do rather than warming the bench

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He looked poor in the two tests, but deserves a go in Pakistan.

One could argue he is a poor investment considering his age, but still deserves a few tests at home as a reward for his continuous hard work in the last 13 years and averaging 60 something in Pak domestic cricket.

I know Haris Sohail is superior, but Asad Shafiq has had enough chances now.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asad should be dropped now but Fawad should be given the series to NZ. 90% chances are that he will fail but there are some etiquettes when you give someone a chance after 10+ years. Now that he has been played, he deserves his full chance and so does every player that gets selected. But is true he might not last long and a youngster should gradually take the No. 5/No.6 slot.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    There's a lot of sympathy for him and rightly so, but it was too late to bring him back. With few Test matches played every year where he'll be 35+ in a couple of years time, there's not much mileage there.
    I feel sorry for him and he deserved a chance, but with our next Test series in NZ, it's time to select somebody else. He has tolled for years, but age has caught up to him. We already have Azhar and Shafiq as seniors, we cannot afford any more seniors.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no debate here. If you pick a player for the test side you cannot disregard him after 2 innings!

1st Test: Did not play
    2nd Test - 1st inn: 0, 2nd inn: DNB
    3rd Test - 1st inn 21, 2nd inn: 0 not out.

He would certainly be hard done if he gets dropped based on this.

Compare this to Asad Shafiq who played all 3 tests, batted in 5 innings and was dismissed cheaply all 5 times.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not good enough. Need to move on.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deserves a solid run , just like anyone else who gets selected . Two and a bit innings is hardly a barometer to judge anyone .

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cannot drop a player on 2 innings, the first of which was in extremely difficult conditions. At least if he fails in NZ, you will have a case to drop him. Deserves his place far more than Asad.

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azhar, Aslam, Abid, Babar, Haris, Rizwan

Above is if we go with 5 bowlers, otherwise Iíd consider Haider (from current squad) at 6, Rizwan 7.

Azhar and soon Abidís age still an issue - thought Abid did reasonably well considering how daft the Bess dismissal was.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is that he was brought back in. Would have been an easier convo had he not. However, now that he has been called back would make sense for him to play 4-5 tests (in total) in place of Asad Shafiq. Not both.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it is fair to drop anybody after 3 innings.
    I don't think fawad has shown enough, but Asad should have done the business for him. He should be dropped first

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no reason he should not be given more chances,he looked solid in the inning he got a start and looked to be confident in his last inning too. He will make lots of runs in tbe easier series coming up. Yes bring a youngster but at expense of Asad not Fawad.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a related note, we need shadab and Rizwan at 6 and 7.
    I am convinced this is the way to go.
    We need to invest in shadab, the innings he played in the first innings is very understated.
    Play him as a bat and it takes the pressure of his bowling, which may help him perform better

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    We need to invest in shadab, the innings he played in the first innings is very understated.
    Play him as a bat and it takes the pressure of his bowling, which may help him perform better
    Do you think rizwan should bat at 5 due to his playing style and maybe haider play at 6 due to his game.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a player is picked for the test side he should be given an extended run. If you are not going to give him an extended run, then not fair to give him just a few chances in rain affected matches.

He should be persisted for the next couple of series at least

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree on your point about Shadab, but he really needs to improve his temperament. I understand it's probably a young batsman thing, but his dismissal looked like the death overs of a T20, completely threw it away unnecessarily. However, I do agree that ideally those 2 are our future number 6 and 7.

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Give him the NZ series, deserves it

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadharis1 View Post
    Give him the NZ series, deserves it
    Deserve it on what basis

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Nasser Hussain rightly said, selection is partly about investment in the future.
    Asad and Fawad both need to be replaced by players in early to mid twenties. Desperately hard on Fawad who should have got more chances before, but it is now time to move on.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He’s 35 there’s absolutely no point in investing in a 35 year old, unless he has lit it up this series.

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very Dumb Argument!!!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.

He hasn't done enough.

He is also old now and Pakistan should get a younger batsman.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I donít really know. On one hand, from a player point of view you need to make a long term investment, so Fawad isnít the way to go. But on the other hand, it would be unfair for him to be dropped as he wasnít given a proper chance (story of his career).

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2745 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Simple swap in my view -

Fawad for Asad.

Problem solved.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Misbah's real career took off in 2010 when he was 35 and he milked it as much as possible up to the age of 42, why should Fawad be denied the same opportunity given that he is as super fit as Misbah?

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is certainly not 4 Aus Eng Sa Nz tours.....no need 2 waste a spot .....yes he can be a stopgap replacement 4 Haris Sohail.....until Pak find new bat

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know but whats the current form and stats of Saud Shakeel U Salahuddin ....and others....

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    people keep mentioning haris suhail who i think is awful...

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebat View Post
    I agree on your point about Shadab, but he really needs to improve his temperament. I understand it's probably a young batsman thing, but his dismissal looked like the death overs of a T20, completely threw it away unnecessarily. However, I do agree that ideally those 2 are our future number 6 and 7.
    Agreed he got carried away just underrated Bess and trying to get to 50. He's a quick learner though. What preceded for 2.5 hours before that was excellent

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Do you think rizwan should bat at 5 due to his playing style and maybe haider play at 6 due to his game.
    If we are going to say shadab needs to play ( as batter and good 5th bowling option) then it will be harder to blood Haider as you only play 5 bats. 2 are your openers , one is Babar and I don't think you can afford the any of the others to be totally untested.
    At home he could play at 5, but the away tours will be tough.
    Rizwan is fine at 6 and I like the prospect of him batting with shadab and running the fielding team hard at the end of a days play
    I would play Haider in the odis and see how he goes and then debut him at home.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big noooooo...he should retire now gracefully.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we are going to say shadab needs to play ( as batter and good 5th bowling option) then it will be harder to blood Haider as you only play 5 bats. 2 are your openers , one is Babar and I don't think you can afford the any of the others to be totally untested.
    At home he could play at 5, but the away tours will be tough.
    Rizwan is fine at 6 and I like the prospect of him batting with shadab and running the fielding team hard at the end of a days play
    I would play Haider in the odis and see how he goes and then debut him at home.
    True good point rizwan and shadab will run the field ragged

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2745 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShahidDar08 View Post
    Big noooooo...he should retire now gracefully.
    He has international experience and in better conditions could become the backbone of our middle order.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I guess he's now fighting for 2 spots with Asad Shafiq and Haris Sohail.

I'd go with the 2 lefties.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Planet Afridi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    His fans will give every possible excuse for his failures, write a paragraph or two about injustice and this will go on for 2-3 more games before he is dropped again.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3096 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    His fans will give every possible excuse for his failures, write a paragraph or two about injustice and this will go on for 2-3 more games before he is dropped again.
    Well if someone selected he should get proper chances before dropping, especially when that team keep selecting non performing players again and again and again...

subhan allh walhamdullh w la ailh ailaa allh w allh aakbar
    Loose Cannons CC | PPCL 2020 Season 1 FC CHAMPIONS | #CannonsFire

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I guess he's now fighting for 2 spots with Asad Shafiq and Haris Sohail.

I'd go with the 2 lefties.
    All 3 should not be in the squad

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too small a sample size. Should be given a longer run given the fragility of our upper and middle order

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your thoughts on whether Fawad Alam has done enough to keep his place in the Pakistan Test side?

He showed some courage in Pakistan's first innings at Southampton in the 3rd Test after the duck upon his recall.

Question marks over his stance and whether he is over the hill. Whilst others feel he is still good enough.
    No, But he didn't get enough of a chance though. He should be given a proper chance, rather than Asad Shafiq (who got one of the longest uninterpreted stretch of Test matches ). However with Azhar Ali and Misbah, Asad Shafiq will continue to enjoy invincibility.

Only hope is the new Chief Selector removing or resting Asad Shafiq.
    However the main problem is lack of test match cricket. Which means Fawad Alam has to play a career launching innings in the next couple of chances he gets (if he gets them) . This lack of test matches means Pakistan will always be a very inexperienced side, where experienced players have a sort of automatic immunity, and new players will not get a decent run.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2567 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

He had scores of:

0 not out.

So 21 runs in 3 innings at an average of 10.50.

If he was under 30 that would see him dropped for years. But in Pakistan is you are over 33, those numbers qualify you to be selected for years to come!

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enough ? he did nothing. Feel bad for him, he was not picked when he deserved it but now its too late for him . Batsman with awkward stance like his make some runs when they are very young with good reflexes and do not last long------ with the exception of Chanderpaul.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly because of his age he needed a barnstorming series to secure his spot. He didn't exactly get the chance to show what he could do, but given his meagre returns i don't think anyone could complain if he was dropped from the side now.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theres not enough evidence for now to suggest whether he should be dropped or retained. He needs to get some more time. At least 2 more series before we make any judgement call. The worst thing would be to drop him now after 2 tests out of which 1 was washed out.

"Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2745 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    A brilliant hundred today vs New Zealand 'A' - great news for Pakistan ahead of 2-match Test series

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    Sadly because of his age he needed a barnstorming series to secure his spot. He didn't exactly get the chance to show what he could do, but given his meagre returns i don't think anyone could complain if he was dropped from the side now.
    Yes, I could most certainly complain.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreePalestine View Post
    Yes, I could most certainly complain.
    Thanks for the quote Captain Hindsight.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by proud_pakistani View Post
    Theres not enough evidence for now to suggest whether he should be dropped or retained. He needs to get some more time. At least 2 more series before we make any judgement call. The worst thing would be to drop him now after 2 tests out of which 1 was washed out.
    He meets all the criteria for a Misbah selection. 33 34 year old domestic veterans are right up his alley. Because youngsters are too mainstream

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    He meets all the criteria for a Misbah selection. 33 34 year old domestic veterans are right up his alley. Because youngsters are too mainstream
    Exactly, brought in well past his prime years. When we should be developing youngsters, we're picking mid thirty players who are nearer forty due to age fudging.

I hereby present to thee, inventor of thy round table, arise - Sir Cumference

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    Thanks for the quote Captain Hindsight.
    Actually I have backed him for about 10 years. So... no thanks to you for the premature decision to drop a guy who has merited selection for 10 years from the side after 1 and a half poor tests, captain jump-the-gun.
    Last edited by FreePalestine; 19th December 2020 at 22:01.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    I'm a little more okay with a 33-35 year olds in the Test team if they're playing younger players in ODIs and T20s. Although even the Test team could do with the likes of Abid Ali at a minimum

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    I'm a little more okay with a 33-35 year olds in the Test team if they're playing younger players in ODIs and T20s. Although even the Test team could do with the likes of Abid Ali at a minimum
    Yea I feel bad for the guy, largely ignored in his 20's when he was selectable, now because of media hue and cry and pressure he gets selected after 10 years with a coach who fancies older players because they remind them of him.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He will get these two tests for sure, but he needs to replicate his form in the recent scratch match and get a big score in the series.

I won't bet against him playing test cricket for a year or two. Shame that Misbah saw fit to persist with Asad Shafiq during Fawad's peak years.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you guys realize Fawad Alam still has not gotten a home test to feast on.

Sri Lanka
    NZ
    England
    NZ

Super unfair, he is being setup to fail. Imagine if he got to feast on the flat pattas of UAE.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
    Vince Lombardi

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Exactly, brought in well past his prime years. When we should be developing youngsters, we're picking mid thirty players who are nearer forty due to age fudging.
    What should matter is a personís fitness and ability to see the ball which is what Fawad is still able to do. Tendulkar played in his 40s, Hafeez is still performing, Malik is still playing, Dravid played late as did Misbah and Younis then whatís stopping Fawad?

Is Fawad not able to run?
    Can he not bowl?
    Is he out of shape?
    Is he not scoring runs?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Develop the youngesters in the shaheens not in the main squad fawad deserves his chance

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    What should matter is a person’s fitness and ability to see the ball which is what Fawad is still able to do. Tendulkar played in his 40s, Hafeez is still performing, Malik is still playing, Dravid played late as did Misbah and Younis then what’s stopping Fawad?

Is Fawad not able to run?
    Can he not bowl?
    Is he out of shape?
    Is he not scoring runs?
    exactly i dont get the hate these 30 year olds get this should not be the criteria on selection

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he should start the test series give him both tests

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    he should start the test series give him both tests
    He isn't going to do anything. The vultures and knives will be out - just wait and watch.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He isn't going to do anything. The vultures and knives will be out - just wait and watch.
    Thats fine but whats the point him being in the squad if he isnt going to play.has he been given a reasonable chance if no then he should be given a chance.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    He will get these two tests for sure, but he needs to replicate his form in the recent scratch match and get a big score in the series.

I won't bet against him playing test cricket for a year or two. Shame that Misbah saw fit to persist with Asad Shafiq during Fawad's peak years.

Misbah has destroyed many young careers when he was the captain. No proper run were given.
    And those youngsters will be the scapegoats of any series loss or a poor show. Zero consistency in selection.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asifp View Post
    do you guys realize Fawad Alam still has not gotten a home test to feast on.

Sri Lanka
    NZ
    England
    NZ

Super unfair, he is being setup to fail. Imagine if he got to feast on the flat pattas of UAE.
    He will get his chance against South Africa.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully yes and hopefully he scores runs.
    He's always been an underdog and everyone likes a guy doing well against the odds.

Haris will probably bat at 4 and Fawad at 5.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    He will get his chance against South Africa.
    No he must get his chance against new zealand and the south africa tour

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No he must get his chance against new zealand and the south africa tour
    Try reading with a little more attention. OP was talking about home series. Also I literally wrote he will get his chance against South Africa so why are you repeating what I already said.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    Hopefully yes and hopefully he scores runs.
    He's always been an underdog and everyone likes a guy doing well against the odds.

Haris will probably bat at 4 and Fawad at 5.
    I think that this is the reason i want to tune in, Fawad seems as if he's on a mission to prove his worth and he was quite angry in a recent post-match QeA interview with a journalist that suggested he's only domestic material. He's started well in the tour match and inshAllah i hope he nails it in NZ.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fawad is in that familiar situation that he was in about 10 years ago, that infamous test match in NZ where he didn't perform and was dumped subsequently afterwards. Maybe he is out to prove himself and wants to do well here. He has also spoken very highly of YK in the past. He was the one who gave him confidence to come up as an opener and he scored a century on debut. I think the situation is ideal for someone like fawad to step up to the mantle and make his presence felt.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Try reading with a little more attention. OP was talking about home series. Also I literally wrote he will get his chance against South Africa so why are you repeating what I already said.
    You said he will get his chance against south Africa. I am saying he should be played against new zealand and south africa so yeah the way series and the home series

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on fawad prove all the doubters wrong

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Shadab also out now (assuming I got that info right), the XI is most likely gonna be:

Shan, Abid, Azhar, Haris, Fawad, Imran, Rizwan(c)(wk), Faheem, Shaheen, Sohail/Yasir, Abbas.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamPak95 View Post
    With Shadab also out now (assuming I got that info right), the XI is most likely gonna be:

Shan, Abid, Azhar, Haris, Fawad, Imran, Rizwan(c)(wk), Faheem, Shaheen, Sohail/Yasir, Abbas.
    Yea....I wouldn't count on both Imran and Haris to be selected. I reckon management know of an injury Haris has and they will most likely play Imran in his position. They'll include Yasir Shah and go with their regular seamers in Shaheen, Naseem and Abbas with Faheem playing second fiddle.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Come on fawad prove all the doubters wrong
    I stayed up too late just following his innings in the practise game and have to say it was worth it lol. I'm on his side and looks as if he's on a mission to say i ain't no domestic player after kicking off with a journalist during the first round of the QeA tournament. InshAllah Fawad's best years are ahead of him, my dua is that he makes runs and proves so many people wrong. I reckon play him at no. 5 (his optimum position) and if he sees out the new ball he'll cash in. If he follows the same approach in the practise game with tiring the bowlers out i think he will succeed. Only time will tell but i'm excited nonetheless.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    Yea....I wouldn't count on both Imran and Haris to be selected. I reckon management know of an injury Haris has and they will most likely play Imran in his position. They'll include Yasir Shah and go with their regular seamers in Shaheen, Naseem and Abbas with Faheem playing second fiddle.
    Naseem's name isn't in the squad for the first test but played the Shaheens game, so that's kinda confusing. I'm gonna assume he won't play the first test. Regarding Haris, yeah he might not play as well due to his fitness history so there's a good chance for that. If that's the case then Sohail and Yasir would both make the XI, with Imran taking Haris's spot.

Shan, Abid, Azhar, Imran, Fawad, Rizwan, Faheem, Sohail, Shaheen, Yasir, Abbas.

I hope Haris is healthy though because if the above XI takes field in the 1st test, from Faheem and onward is a potentially long tail.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamPak95 View Post
    Naseem's name isn't in the squad for the first test but played the Shaheens game, so that's kinda confusing. I'm gonna assume he won't play the first test. Regarding Haris, yeah he might not play as well due to his fitness history so there's a good chance for that. If that's the case then Sohail and Yasir would both make the XI, with Imran taking Haris's spot.

Shan, Abid, Azhar, Imran, Fawad, Rizwan, Faheem, Sohail, Shaheen, Yasir, Abbas.

I hope Haris is healthy though because if the above XI takes field in the 1st test, from Faheem and onward is a potentially long tail.
    The whole team's a bunch of tailenders.

I hereby present to thee, inventor of thy round table, arise - Sir Cumference